Speaker 1: I won't let my body out be out wait everything that I'm made, won't spend my life trying to change.
Speaker 2: I'm learning love who I am again. I'm strong, I feel free, I know everybody of me it is beautiful.
Speaker 1: And that will always out way if you feel.
Speaker 2: It, but yours and here she'll some love too.
Speaker 1: There say good day and did you and die out way? Happy Saturday, outweigh it's leanne here and welcome back to Part six and the final part of our Reclaiming Your Worthiness series. And so if you've been following along, you know that we've been going way deeper than the typical self love stuff. And so we've talked about reclaiming your worth even if you don't accept yourself yet, like letting yourself be there and that's okay, right. We've unraveled the toxic pull of external validation, and we've exposed the invisible war that women fight inside their minds and bodies, and we've dismantled the silent rules running your life that you might not know were even there. And last week, in Part five, we gave voice to the fear of being too much, too much of this, too much of that, not enough of that, and so today we're talking about something even sneakier, and it's not just a feeling of not being enough, but how that feeling actually becomes your identity and when this not enough idea becomes who you think you are. And so let's just start here. Most onen don't walk around saying, hi, I'm not enough. Right, But if you really slow it down, and if you really start to listen to your inner dialogue, you'll hear it, right. You'll hear it sounds things like, you know, when I finally lose the weight, then I will be worthy of love, a better job, a relationship, whatever, right to buy new clothes, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It might sound like if I could just stop eating this, then maybe i'd respect myself. Or you know, other women have more discipline and more motivation and more control than I do.
Speaker 2: Or it might sound like, you know what is wrong.
Speaker 1: With me that I can't get it together, or that this is the one area that I can't get together, you know, or if I was better, I wouldn't need so much. Maybe you're calling yourself needy, And that's not just self doubt. That is an entire self concept, that's an identity and the reason it's so hard to shift out of is because it becomes familiar, and it becomes safe, and it becomes predictable, even if it's really really painful. It becomes your home base. And so let's talk briefly about the science of identity and why your brain clings to familiar beliefs. Well, your brain just has one job, and that job is survival.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's not interested in your goals or your dreams or your gene size. It wants predictability. And so if your brain has been marinating in beliefs like I'm not enough and again it's a sneaky version of I'm not enough, and it's been marinating on those thoughts for years or decades, then guess what, Like that belief becomes a neural pathway, which and then it becomes this well worn road that your brain travels down automatically. So first it becomes a neural pathway, but if it's traveled down a lot, then it becomes an automatic neural pathway that happens without you thinking about it. And even if you want to believe something new like I am enough, your brain resists it. And so why is that right, Well, because it's not familiar enough yet right, and not enough feels very familiar and it feels safe, and it feels like you because again you've built a self concept and identity, and so your brain says, let's just stick with what we know. And that is why affirmations often don't work, because if the belief underneath it all subconscious and really fired and wired, if the belief is I'm broken, and then you're starting to say like I'm whole, it's not gonna land right. Your brain rejects it like oil and wine. And so let's talk about what happens when not enoughness becomes your identity, especially around.
Speaker 2: Food and your body.
Speaker 1: And so maybe you restrict food to try to feel in control and then spiral when your willpower runs out, or you binge or emotionally eat and then beat yourself up, and that just reinforces this identity of I'm a failure or maybe you I mean this is these these are all me, let's be honest. But like you wake up every Monday with these like new rules. You're like, Okay, Monday, I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna start that, I'm gonna stop that. But by Wednesday you're already ashamed of yourself for breaking them, or just like you're living in the gray, like you're not in but you're not out right, or you don't trust yourself around food, so you constantly outsource your power to plans or points or programs or macros, or maybe you feel like you're starting over every single week, every single month, every single you know, Monday morning that rolls around and it's like Groundhog's Day. And here's the truth underneath all of that. It is not just about the food. It is about the identity that you've attached to the food. Because when you believe that you're not enough, you're going to interpret every action, every mistake, every craving through that lens. And so you'll say, like, see, I knew i'd mess this up, like proof, this is proof I just can't be trusted around food, or I can't be trusted with whatever, or again, why even try?
Speaker 2: And around and round we go. That's the merry go round.
Speaker 1: And this is where I want to pause and say something really clearly. This is the stuff that makes us feel like we're broken. Okay, but you are not broken. You're just wired, like your brain just got wired this way, and your brain is not working against you per se. It's doing exactly what it was wired to do, which is keep you safe, keep you predictable, and keep you in this identity that you've worked to create. Again, you didn't know it, but it's been created, and it's been reinforced, reinforced, reinforced. But here is the incredible part, the miraculous part, The stuff I love about neuroscience is that just as your brain learned this identity of not enough, it can go learn something new.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: How old you are, how far gone you are. It's not about flipping a switch. It's about building a bridge right, one step, one thought, one experience at a time, and again that bridge can be built no matter where you are in your life.
Speaker 2: And that's why reclaiming.
Speaker 1: Your identity and discovering who you are without the story of not enough, this is the real work. And it's not just about releasing the weight or fixing your food. It's about reclaiming the truth of who you are beneath all of that noise that got picked up. Because here is what I know to be true. You were never meant to live inside this identity of not enough, and you were never meant to define yourself by your past, or your your patterns, or your pain that you find yourself in.
Speaker 2: I was so defined by my pain.
Speaker 1: Right, and when that story has been playing out for years, it's understandable. It's so hard to imagine who you'd be without it, Right, That's the part that kind of scares us. And that's why I don't just teach food strategies or habit change. I teach brain rewiring, and I teach self image transformation, and I teach identity work. Because it's not enough to just do different things. You have to become a different version of you, the one that was there all along, but it was just buried under shame and self doubt and that old wiring that just got piled on top. And so here's what the shift actually looks like, moment by moment, and it really is micro choice by micro choice and micro awareness by micro awareness. But it looks like things like you pause before a binge and you ask, like, what do I really need right now because I'm physically not hungry, like this is emotional and then knowing how to be emotionally available to yourself in those moments. It's when you catch yourself inside of a shame spiral, and you say like, this doesn't mean I'm broken, this means I'm overwhelmed, and you can see the difference and you know like, oh, this isn't shame, this is me being overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: Now what do I need when I'm overwhelmed?
Speaker 1: And we create your own recipe, right, and then you know the difference in your bones, and then that knowingness becomes your default.
Speaker 2: It looks like you know.
Speaker 1: You noticing yourself talk and gently saying like, that's the old story and that is drama and I'm not living there anymore. This is not who I am anymore. And then you know it and believe it because you did the work to transform it. And it shows up where all of a sudden you look back and you're like, wow, I'm not earning my worth.
Speaker 2: I'm just acting like I already have it.
Speaker 1: And this is identity in motion and it's not perfection and it's not some magical transformation, but it's slow, steady and compassionate rewiring doesn't work when you're doing punishment driven rewiring, right, And so if you're ready to gently untangle from the identity of no, here are some points.
Speaker 2: That you might want to explore.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what were you taught directly or indirectly about your worth growing up? Like you just want to have an awareness about what is what are you weighing and measuring yourself by right now?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And then what does your inner voice sound like when it's in not enough mode? Like what is your version of the drama, the story, the meaning that you're giving it?
Speaker 2: Right? What version are you protecting by holding on to that identity?
Speaker 1: So I have a client that you know, she was like, I my go to is anger when I'm feeling stressed. And she learned and again it was unconscious and subconscious that anger was the way that she protected herself when she was stressed. And it's like, no, she was just holding onto that and realizing like, actually, what I'm stressed, what I really need is X, And we needed to figure out what her anti stress version was.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But then it's like a matter of like, okay, well who would you become if you no longer believed that you were broken and that you had to earn your worth?
Speaker 2: And so I want to leave you with this.
Speaker 1: Remember, like, your identity is not fixed, It is not set in stone, It is not defined by your past, or your mistakes or your eating habits, and you are not broken. You are becoming, or at least you can be the version of yourself, becoming the next version of yourself, because not enough is not.
Speaker 2: Who you are.
Speaker 1: It's just a story that you learned to tell yourself. And so here's what I want to leave you with today. You don't need to become a new person. You just need to return to the version of you that was whole all along, the you that was available before the shame, and the you before the trauma, and the you that existed before the world told you to be less and feel less and want less. And that woman she is still in there, and she is not too much, and she is not not enough.
Speaker 2: She is exactly who she is supposed to be.
Speaker 1: And she's probably if I'm hearing you and reading you and intuiting you correctly, she's ready for peace. She doesn't want to fight this battle anymore. She is ready for peace. So that is it for today. Outweigh and if you want to learn more about how I personally teach my clients to turn off the part of their brain that is obsessed with food, obsessed with their weight, and do exactly what we're talking about here, rewire their self image and identity not just for peace and freedom, but for actually receiving their worthiness. Then head on over to stressless eating dot com where I've literally peeled back the curtain and walked you through the exact strategy that I teach my own clients to go through the healing process themselves. So head on over there to stressless eeating dot com and we'll be back for more outweigh next week.
Speaker 2: Bye.