Speaker 1: Second Date up dated. We've heard of all the usual dating apps on this segment, for Tinder and bumble Mama, hatch Me, you know where the guys in diapers lay on top of the giant eggs until they find their match. Yeah, but one of our listeners says they met a guy on an app where the male has to verify his income in order to join it. We just talked about that.
Speaker 2: We talked about the credit score of dating app not long ago. This is kind of the same.
Speaker 1: Thing I've heard about an app like this.
Speaker 3: There's a sugar baby. I'm kind of like this.
Speaker 1: I think this is a little bit different than sugar babies, and it is. I don't want to judge her, even though I'm sure Brook already has one. Sometimes you want what you want and it's admirable to go after it. So let's talk to her about it a little bit. Let's welcome Asha to the show. Asha, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey, Heysha?
Speaker 4: Can I ask, like, do you also have to verify your salary to be on the app?
Speaker 2: Or is it only? Is this a one sided.
Speaker 1: You never ask a woman how much money she makes. That's a very weird question.
Speaker 2: Actually, if we talked about it more, there wouldn't be such a gap.
Speaker 1: Whatever, I'm I apologize for that question. Let me ask you, why did like signing up for an app like that? Why does it appeal to you?
Speaker 5: Well, I was in a long distance relationship for ten years and I was the name bread winner. Yeah, so I was paying for all the things like flights, vacations, everything, and it didn't work out. So now you know, I'm just reflecting, and I'm like, I want to take a step back and enjoy my life. And I honestly I want to be pampered by somebody that has some memes. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm glad we heard from you, because you know, assuming always it's like, oh, you just probably want a guy to pay for everything, but you've got it both you deserved the other end, you're.
Speaker 4: Very passionate about this app, is okay with it?
Speaker 1: It sounds like he has an account on this app already. I don't necessarily feel this way, Asha, but I do feel like maybe some people listening might think that you're not in it to find real love or like a true connection, You're just in it for the easy comfort. What would you say to people that tell you that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've had that perspective. I've been on the other side, but now you know, I'm a little older, I know my worth and I feel like I deserve better.
Speaker 2: Okay, ok So what's your range here?
Speaker 4: Like do you put in like when you sign up for an app like this, you're putting in numbers of what you're looking for instead of height restrictions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically, I mean, I don't know if I'm going to say the exact figure to you, but you could guess.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna assume it's in the eight figures and call it safe for So tell us about this guy that you met on the app though, because in your email you said his name is Clip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's Clip. It's short for Clipton.
Speaker 1: I thought it was Clippy microsofs and no wonder he's a bill, it says, it says in the email Clip with a P. Clipton does sound like a rich guy's name. Though, I will say, how did the initial conversation start, Like, I'm assuming Clipton is the one who reached out to you first.
Speaker 5: He did. Yeah, he asked me know my favorite place in the world to watch the sunset. I think because in my bio I put I have an unhealthy obsession with chasing sunset.
Speaker 2: That is wow, that is sweet.
Speaker 3: That is sweet.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with this?
Speaker 2: Sounds like a line chat? Because how did you answer? What did you say?
Speaker 5: Oh? So, he asked me, and I said, Santorini, Greece. Wow, yeah, I'm obsessed with Greece in the Greek Islands. I don't think he liked my answer.
Speaker 1: Why why not?
Speaker 5: I've never been. I've just seen pictures. You know it looks really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh well you can't. You can't answer like my favorite place to watch sunset since a place I've never been before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've taken that.
Speaker 5: Dreams are big dreams. I want to see the world.
Speaker 2: Wait what did he say back? Why do you think he didn't like it?
Speaker 5: Maybe he thought like I wasn't on his levels, like, oh.
Speaker 4: You haven't been to Santarni, you would like nail it on this app?
Speaker 1: So can I ask, like we need to move forward? Have you met up with the guy yet?
Speaker 5: So we haven't met yet. We were just chatting online. We did exchange numbers. He asked me about if I feel okay about long distance.
Speaker 2: Oh again, you just did that for a decade, I know exactly.
Speaker 5: So I was like, I got to be one hundred percent honest with you, like I don't want to waste your time, but I'm really looking for someone to spoil me, Like I'm just being outfront about what I want.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Well.
Speaker 3: That's the right place to say that.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a bold You're putting it all on the table right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then he didn't respond after that, Oh so I need your home.
Speaker 3: This is weird because if he's on an app, that's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's obviously like considering that you might be a possibility if he's asking, are you up for a long distance relationship? So I mean, I guess I assume he's not in your same city.
Speaker 5: He's not, but I don't think that would really matter. And based on his profile, he travels a lot, so I don't think the dates would be all like set in one spot anyway.
Speaker 2: Can I ask when we call him, have you talked to him on the phone before?
Speaker 5: We haven't talked yet. We just exchange numbers. But really, I'm really trying to find like a generous guy who can give me, like your fine lifestyle, but I'm I need someone who's not a creep. He seems like a good dude though.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I just texted her.
Speaker 4: I feel like we're like shopping for a used car, Like it depends on the looks and the price range.
Speaker 1: You know, you just bought a brand new car.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, but this one feels like it's more of a used situation.
Speaker 1: Well right, well, let's reach out to this used Honda and see if he's willing to give it a test drive with you in person.
Speaker 5: That sounds great. I really just want to get a real update on the books with him, see what he's all about.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll try and set that up for you. We'll call him and get your second date update right after this second date update. It's funny, we don't usually do a lot of second date updates where there was no actual date that happened.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Strangely, no one protested in studio like they normally would if that was the case, because head it was a pretty interesting conversation between two people on an exclusive app for income verified individuals and.
Speaker 3: Daddy from no that it's a different it's.
Speaker 1: This case and purposes it's class all right, from what I understood. Our listener, Asha had a flirty exchange with a man named Clip short for Clipton. They discussed their favorite sunsets, and she told him hers was Santorini, even though she's never actually been there.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 1: The screensaver on her windows background though, gorge. Yeah, but it seems like the final straw for the guy Clip was when he asked her about doing like a potential long distance relationship, and she responded, I'm gonna be completely honest. I need a man to pamper me like no other. And that's kind of where things started to fall.
Speaker 2: It wasn't really a yes or a no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've learned that she's not really very good at answering questions directly. She kind of, you know, skirts around the outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: We all do know that she doesn't really want a long distance because she did long.
Speaker 4: Distance, but he travels a lot, so she you know, you're hoping that he just flies you to wherever.
Speaker 5: He is, right, Yeah, totally. I mean I got on the app because I was looking for somebody that had the means to travel, So I don't think it's weird that I brought it up. I don't think it's weird. I want to go see the sunset in grease.
Speaker 3: Oh not at all, though, we all do.
Speaker 1: Let's call it Clifton though. I'll she you ready to do this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: All right, let's reel this fish for you.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, we're looking for clip We're clipton Clippy clip.
Speaker 5: O.
Speaker 1: Hey, uh hi, We're We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, great cell line. I'm just saying this fhone.
Speaker 1: Line even Okay, Brooks Micron off for a second, please so clip. We do this segment called a second date update on our show, and I don't know if it airs in the city that you're at. We're nationally syndicated show, by the way, Yeah, you can look us up online. Brook and Jeffrey were verified online.
Speaker 2: Worldwide.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel like I need to verify myself? He answered his own phone, by the way, and not a lot of rich guys that answered their own phones. Are you sorry? You still there?
Speaker 6: How can I help you?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Time is money, jeff You're right, we're.
Speaker 1: Doing this segment trying to help out one of our listeners. It's like a dating segment. Normally we would call people who have been on a date with this person before, but this is a little different because you've just exchanged numbers with this woman and, according to her, had a really nice conversation online. Do you remember Asha?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh you do?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was curious if we'd even remember who she was.
Speaker 1: That's good. We're just trying to help her get some answers because she's a little confused now that the conversation has kind of died down. It's not moving forward.
Speaker 2: She was really excited about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she mentioned that you two were talking and thought maybe she turned you off by saying that she's looking for a guy to pamper her. That was the last thing that she says came up.
Speaker 6: I don't mind doing that for someone i'm in love with. But you know that definitely wasn't my issue with Asha.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. It was your issue that she asked or was not your issue.
Speaker 6: It wasn't my issue.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're okay her.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, if you're going to be on a rich guy app you probably are going to expect that is the expectation.
Speaker 3: It'd be really funny though you put it in You're like, I'm a millionaire and some girls like, oh you're rich.
Speaker 1: He's like, excuse me, how dare business? So what was the issue with Asha?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 6: Like I thought we had a real potential until her last message came through, and then I realized she's into some things that I'm not necessarily.
Speaker 1: Into what Santorini, the sunset on Santorini came up? Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 6: No, listen, I'll I'll open it up and read to you. Her message. It was pretty shocking.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, sorry, where is it?
Speaker 6: Okay? She said, I'm going to be one hundred honest and truthful with you on what I want, so we don't waste that time. I'm looking for someone to soil me. So right there, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Do you think you just left the put that word?
Speaker 3: You much different?
Speaker 2: I think she's got spoiled.
Speaker 6: She said it, and there's some people at are end of that kind of stuff and that's just not for me. Like some people into kinks and everything and that's really not me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, if you're not, that's okay. But this is a specialty site.
Speaker 3: A lot of these specialties have really weird people on him that have weird interests.
Speaker 1: I can see him really thinking, maybe maybe she did me. But why are we even explaining this to him when we can just have Asha explain it herself. She is on the other line right now wanting to talk to you. Clip. Are you playing soil?
Speaker 2: Are you clean or soiled? Right now?
Speaker 5: She's like, I'm like so embarrassed in you. But come on, I mean, obviously it was a typo and then spoil me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Okay, yeah, clip, there she is.
Speaker 5: Hey, I can't believe I wrote that I was babysitting at the time, so I guess my hands were full.
Speaker 6: Baby, you told me you were a cosmetics director.
Speaker 5: Cosmetics you could do block either, Yeah, I do. Then make up for my nieces for your elementary school plays.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you were like, wait, have so much money in your lastation.
Speaker 1: Well, you're dealing with toddlers and little kids the whole time, so maybe you are kind of into soiling in a certain way.
Speaker 5: No again, I meant to say spoil with a P. I don't think it's the first person to make a TYPEO.
Speaker 4: Guys, can we please concentrate on the fact Asha that you said, you said makeup director and you're just helping out with the elementary school play.
Speaker 5: He's a job. I'm good at it. You get paid for it from my parents donate to me, and they give me bakers after replace.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's actually more than we make here at the radio stage. Brooke has been.
Speaker 3: Begging for a salary in Cake and Pie.
Speaker 6: And like, that's my issue with these sites, Like I'm trying to meet a high value woman.
Speaker 3: Oh, so everyone should be making It's.
Speaker 6: Not that they need to be making a ton of money, but you know, just don't be dishonest about what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does feel dishonest, Sasha.
Speaker 5: Our cosmetic structor could be anything.
Speaker 2: One app you shouldn't have to lie on is a sugar Daddy app.
Speaker 1: Keep the lies for people are like, I'm an entrepreneur.
Speaker 4: It's like you guys, it's like I volunteer as an assistant coach for a little league.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to put baseball coach as my job.
Speaker 1: That's actually more respected than this job that we do. So maybe you should put that down. But clip, I think Asha brings a lot of value that's not necessarily through her job title or through any money like her value is in her personality and what she could offer to you as like a potential good relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good sign that she, you know, helps kids.
Speaker 5: And yeah, Anne, I look good in a bikini.
Speaker 1: You have that clipt in Oh, So clearly you're seeing a little bit of value at least.
Speaker 2: I think we're really back on these sugar Daddy sites. That's where we just went by the way.
Speaker 1: We we should try and bring these two together in person. You guys haven't even met up yet. And I know we can't offer like a plane ticket for you guys to fly out and meet each other, but we can't offer a gift card to a restaurant in one of your cities if you do get together.
Speaker 6: I mean I did have a conversation with her, and you know, she said she does look at a bikini, and we did get along except.
Speaker 5: For the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And you know, you know that she doesn't she does not want you to soil her. Yeah, we're being very clear.
Speaker 6: I think I understand that now. Yeah, I mean, why not, I'll be down for it.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: God, you bring up one bikini picture and suddenly men have no strength anymore.
Speaker 1: You're a smart woman, well done. You just got yourself a second day.
Speaker 6: Girl.
Speaker 5: I got it all right.
Speaker 1: Are you applauding yourself right?
Speaker 3: Do it broke?
Speaker 1: Come on, black razy bikini photo.
Speaker 2: I just love a good bikini.
Speaker 1: Good it's brooken.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey in the Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.