Speaker 1: Pooholes takes the mound. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by Ben MGM, the King of sports books. It is me Joey p joe Pisipia with you this morning or this afternoon, depending on where you are on what coast. And of course it's Monday, and that means the Welsh is here too. We're fresh off another wacky, fun filled weekend of baseball. We're gonna break it all down for you. You got your Buckston home run, you got your your Reds no hitter, you got two home runs, I should say you're right, You're right, pardon me, And you got a no hitter and a loss. So a what a crazy week. Also, Albert Poohols threw a couple of pitches so Welsh. I'm sure y'all had that on your bingo car, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Yep, I definitely had the Albert Poolhles. My favorite part of the Albert pool Hols thing was when Evan Longoria got a hit and then asked for the ball.
Speaker 3: He was like ball, and then pool Halls threw it over there. It is a.
Speaker 2: Special thing about baseball. Man you know, as fun as football is, you know, obviously still the king in the sports world, but baseball on a weekend and week got bases can provide to you some of the wackiest, craziest stuff. And every single week we're having one of those and having a no hitter, get a loss, and maybe one of the best greatest power hitters ever have his first time on the mound at forty two years old.
Speaker 3: Never before did the Cardinals or any the Angels let him throw.
Speaker 2: I'm amazed by and I'm amazed how bad it looked too, by the way, I'm always well, that always blows me away, Like how how any player, like even Brent Phillips goes up and they just throw like forty miles an hour, Like I want to see some dudes throw some gas.
Speaker 3: You know they can each year.
Speaker 1: Oh, I always want to see each yar o going like two three innings. I would love to have seen that, but probably.
Speaker 2: Think he half ra right now, right now, he could in relief, he could have a three and a half the.
Speaker 1: Ray You're probably right, but Pool always made too much money. The contracts are too big, so that's why God forbid he goes out there. He throws it in and he hards himself. That's what would happened. But it was fun. And now he's at the end of his career, he's taking those victory laps. Speaking of victory laps, let's take one for Showtani his one hundredth career home run. Congratulations mister Otani, very nicely done.
Speaker 3: Well did you see the video?
Speaker 2: Well sorry I want to interrupted, but did you see the video of what is his name? Zach Hamble Hammel? You know the guy, the home run guy who's always chasing all the home runs.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that? You have to see this guy before? You don't know who Zach Hamill?
Speaker 1: Don't know your face chats?
Speaker 3: Is that what?
Speaker 1: No? No snap books.
Speaker 2: He's prolifically hated because he has this book where he's laying in a bath him already. He goes to all the baseball games. He's the foul ball guy. No one has more foul balls than him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: One of his most hated thing was he.
Speaker 2: Paid to get into this like military, this game that was only the military, and he got it, snuck and got a ticket and got like three baseballs. He's prolifically hated and he has a blog, and he had a he was doing the blog of trying to get the hundredth home run and someone videoed him disappointingly walking away and not getting it and just being like, oh, and he just walked away while he was talking on his phone via his blog. I can't believe you've never heard of Zach km He is so hated in the baseball for me, yeah, go Kart said. He's got like over like a thousand baseballs and everybody hates this guy because he's also kind of a well, I'm not gonna use the words I would describe on his attitude about things, but he's not very gracious in how he does it. He's just like, I'm the best. I'm the greatest all the games, thousands of baseballs.
Speaker 3: Look it up and it's fine.
Speaker 1: One of those guys. That's that's a tier I'd like to get to. I'm just hated. I don't if I'm prolifically hated. Yet, I'm gonna use the Yet.
Speaker 3: We'll get some day, don't We'll get there by.
Speaker 1: The end of the season. Juan Soda records his four hundred walk this season. I don't always for his career. Oh, I'm sorry. For his career. He's walking so much because Nolway's pitching him, because that team is so dried. He has four hundred and one walks in four hundred and ninety nine games to start his career. What a fantastic Points League player he is. God, I love one soda. Okay, the Pirates case you biss did won a game now, as Monkey Penguin was pointing out, because the Pirates didn't hit in the bottom of the nine, technically they're calling it not a no hitter. But Hunter Green bounced back and look, I think I made this comments on this show on Friday. I'm almost positive it was. If not, it was on the Sunday Sports Cared show. But the point that I was making was Hunter Green's gonna figure it out. He's gonna have some games where you know, he leaves balls up on the zone, he gets pounded, and he's gonna have some other ones where he's gonna have to learn to locate the fastball. And what he does learn to locate the fastball, it's going to be a good run for Hunter Green. So you have to be a little patient here and take your lumps, and you know this is gonna happen with a guy who's that electric. But again, what a strange thing. It's also strange because you know, you saw a little Cincinnati show up a little bit in over the last few days. Mike Bustakis started to show a little bit of life. So are the Reds coming out of the the doldrums a little bit? Here? Well, she you think you might be able to make a little oppo. Here is the Reds kind of pulled themselves up by their bootstraps. And I remember they're actually playing baseball, I.
Speaker 3: Mean playing the pirates.
Speaker 2: You know, like you can bet on the Reds if you want, but like their starting lineup is like Matt Reynolds and Brandon Drury and you know some guy that playing softball.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, brand jury has been on fire.
Speaker 2: But like it's a half softball team with a half you know, beaten down dead baseball full roster with some okay pitchers.
Speaker 3: I'm just not the one. That's not my style.
Speaker 2: Where I know a lot of people like, oh making money now, everybody's anti Reds. I just think the Reds are going from like the biggest pile of garbage to more like a you know, a container of garbage.
Speaker 1: You know, like it's in a bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, Okay, there's levels of garbage.
Speaker 2: There's the garbage in your house, there's a garbage you take outside to go to the dump, and then there's the dump.
Speaker 3: They were the dump.
Speaker 2: Now they're just the garbage that's outside. So I'm not looking to try to reverse bet money on this team. I would still like to better get against them. Just the pitching is pretty solid and that hitting is going to come down under Earth and Hunter Green he looked all right, you know, I was watching it in the seventh inning. He was still throwing that slider like one hundred plus pitches. They were gonna let him go, and then he just walked to when that slider's going bam, he's going to be able to set up that fastball. So I agree with you and that he's got moments of like this would be a bad game and this will be a really good game.
Speaker 3: But I don't know the consistency will ever be there.
Speaker 1: Well well, I think, I mean that's a lot to say we'll ever be there, because you see a lot of guys who throw flames and can eventually figure things out. The difference is what you could get away with at double A and triple A and single A you can't get away with at the big league level. If you throw ninety eight down the pipe, they're gonna hit it. You throw ninety eight down the pipe in double A, single A, they're probably not going to hit it. Maybe some of the guys in double A will. Many of the guys in triple A might. I mean, you saw him kind of struggle a little bit up there for a bit, but everyone just chalked it up to well, he was tired because of the innings. By the way, doctor Glenn, I love you too, Doctor Glenn says, he prolifically loves me. So that's very nice. So he better, he better because he's taken enough money for me in leagues last year. All right. Paul Goldchman drives in three in a round of the Giants. Wulia Rodriguez, your boy four for four with a homer. There you go in the victory. There Adulas Garcia hit two home runs against the Red Sox. Justin Verlander. It'spun five shutout frames with a little bit of help from a certain umpire. Miguel Cabrera homers in the Tigers win over the Orioles and Tarik Scruble continues to be outstanding eleven strikeouts. I know it's the Orioles, but still, Tarik Scoubel is one of these pictures that I wish I had more shares of. I wish I was more in on, but I've been using him in DFS and the reason is it's because because he pitches four of the Tigers, he's constantly undervalued and underappreciated, and then he drops an eleven strikeout game and you're like, look at this guy, man. And I understand the win potential is always going to be hurt by the offense, but I don't care if he's a secondary pitcher on DK and he's going to be eight nine or somewhere in that eight K ranger even low nines. I think it's a decent investment. What do you make of school Bull's breakout, because that's what it is this year.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, everything you wanted out of Edward thou Rodriguez, and it's everything that and and she would have suggested you would have got out of Casey Mice one hundred percent. I mean from a betting perspective. Also just point out he's a guy. Just track his case. You know he's gonna he's not gonna get it every single time. But I'll bet you ten k props you're gonna probably cash seven seven of them. You're gonna make money off of that because he's just he's not if we can use it again, prolific strikeout guy, where they're going to start dropping seven and a half's on him. You're gonna get to six and a half and then he has one bad and he comes back down. It's a great source of strikeouts, not a great source of win. I completely agree with you. He was viewed right towards the end. It was him, Matt Manning, and Casey Mice. He was viewed as the potential best fantasy option due to his level of stuff and Casey Miz's potential if that split it didn't work, which it didn't, and Matt Manning was a little overvalued. He has been the guy and he's developed exponentially better than the rest of them. He is totally underrated. There's a handful of these really young young pitchers that are underrated.
Speaker 3: Schooble is totally one of them.
Speaker 2: And I see Wonkey just said, uh oh. If someone said scoobl over McClanahan. Those are different tiers by the way, but fair enough to say that McClanahan is in that same tier where he has adjusted into the top elite core.
Speaker 3: I think school is maybe you know, in that like third or fourth tier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, McClanahan has been on a different planet lately. Schooble's getting there, but it's it looks great to see. It's great to see because we get so much hype about Manning and mys and meanwhile Schooble is the guy that's gone right past them. Also, Kyle Wright rebounded nicely nine strikeouts for the Braves there, so good job by Kyle Wright bouncing back a little bit injuries. Austin Meadows had some dizziness. He was a little dizzy. Uh, he's heading to the IL so we'll keep it on on that. Hopefully it's not like a vertigo thing or something weird. Hope he's okay. Williadamas exits Sunday's contest with an ankle injury. Tommy Listella is going to be returning today though, and John Gray is gonna be making a start against the Angel today after leaving last week with that knee injury, which is so frushing because he had just come back and then he tweaked the knee and you could see the frustrations when he came off the mound. And it sucks because Gray is one of these dudes that I'm really rooting for because I like John Gray, like I've seen him interviews. I like the dude him out of Colorado. He seems like he was nice. Dude.
Speaker 2: I just saw him right after. I don't know if you saw that picture where he did the baby board and he was like, my name is John Gray.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Huh and him, I didn't see the guys after.
Speaker 2: He's so accessible, so nice that I was like, dude, that tweet was so funny, and he didn't just do most guys are just gonna be like, yeah, okay, move on.
Speaker 3: He was like, oh did you like that? And he's like, you know what. My favorite part about that was He's like I was.
Speaker 2: Wearing my happy Gilmour outfit in the background and I'm like really, He's like, yeah, go look at the tweet.
Speaker 3: It was so fun.
Speaker 2: He's like a very happy, personable guy. He's so easy to root for, especially when you meet him in person. So it adds to the allure of your love.
Speaker 1: Let's go, John Gray, Let's go. I saw him an MLB Network interview in spring training, and I was listening to him talking. He seems so relaxed, like just being out of Colorado. You could see just it was like, finally I can get out there and try to pitch. And now he's had a couple of injuries here to start the year. I think he would be a fascinating guy to buy low on right now because he's had a couple of these little hiccups and he hasn't been able to get into a routine. I understand the limitations of the wins. Another guy with win limitations, But if you're desperate for pitching, I wonder if you could pluck. I wonder if you've been dropped in some leagues.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, I think he might even just be like bouncing around on the wires and stuff too.
Speaker 1: Take him, give me all that, all right, let's let's talk about this. Mike Mayor wanted to talk about this. As soon as I saw it. I went to go message Mike Mahyor, and Mike Mayor, being the heel he was, had already messaged me about it, which was somebody who was supposed to throw the first pitch out in City Field on Friday night and Extures there was like already in his routine and he wouldn't let them get anywhere near the mount to do it and just kind of them off.
Speaker 3: Can I add a little bit of context to it? Did you hear that.
Speaker 2: He was the Japanese Ambassador to the US and it was Japanese Heritage Night at.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's the word.
Speaker 2: That's the Twitter word is he was the Japanese Ambassador and it was Japanese Heritage Night and Max Scherzer was just like, Nope, can't come up here.
Speaker 1: I'm throwing unbelievable. All right, fun facts here you go. This is from Sarah Langs who writes for MLB dot Com. She does some great work on their most career strikeouts as a pitcher, players to hit one hundred plus over runs. You got Babe Ruth who had obviously five hundred strikeouts, five hundred and one with seven hundred and fourteen home runs, Choe Otani two hundred and sixty eight strikeouts, one hundred home runs now and then gorgeous George Sisler sixty three strikeouts and one hundred and two home runs.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: So hani's kind of been a company of guys who you know, you know, well, they've been gone a long time. Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to do one of these ridiculous Albert Poolhols things in here, be like guys that have had six hundred homers and got an.
Speaker 1: Struck one guy. I could have said, Okay, Albert pool Struck, got one guy, and then he's got excember home runs because he's got more than a hundred. But there you go. But it's, you know, it kind of blows my mind still that we're living in this time where this is happening again, and what the NFL is a very top two way players where the NFL is a very copycat league. I wonder we've seen it in the Major League Baseball draft the last few years, where there were guys that pitched and hit in college and they basically have made them choose. I wonder if organizations are going to look at this and say, maybe we shouldn't do this, Maybe we can get more out of our investment in these young players. If we're drafting them as two way players and maybe with the DH in the National League now it's a lot easier to swallow that pill than it was for you know, half of the teams in Major League Baseball. Do you think we're gonna see a little bit more of that in the future for MLB? Yeah, I mean I do.
Speaker 2: The problem is, though, is we've also had a couple big name guys in the drafts recently that been two way players that have gone solo position. Mason Wynn is a guy who, by the way, you're in a dynasty league and you do prospects, Mason went is a monster and he was a pitcher hitter and I love this kid and he is solely dedicated to me in a shortstop and his bat is his play. There was a kid just drafted in this last one named Buba Chandler with Pittsburgh. We'll have to see which one he is.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: I think I kind of like him as a hitter. But it has been organizational. The Rays have been the ones that have did it. Jay Croniworth was a two way player. They got Brendan McKay. They have committed to it. The Angels have committed to it. We're not seeing other teams commit to it. But I think with the addition of the DH in the NL that teams can start looking at it. But I think you have to have the proper coaching and the proper scouting to be able to develop that, and I think there's some I mean, we have teams that aren't even using like the PitchCom stuff right now. So to go and tell some teams, hey, we need you to have scouts that are dedicated to making sure that these play the players can play two ways, I think they have to change their own teams. The easy answer though, is yes, there are teams that are making commitments. Pirates could be another one with Bubba Chandler if they decide to do it. The Rays and the Angels are already there. I think it's good for baseball. I think baseball wants it to happen. And to your point when you're talking about, you know, balancing investments and stuff like that, it's not a bad thing if you can have a hit.
Speaker 1: All market teams like who can want.
Speaker 3: Relief come in for an inning or two of relief.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're not all gonna be a tawny like Brendan McKay is not gonna I don't think it's gonna be a long term starting pitcher.
Speaker 3: He just had a surgery.
Speaker 2: But what if he can come in and relief, or what if he can close or something like that while hitting.
Speaker 3: I mean, he may just be I think of Rick and Keel.
Speaker 1: Rick and Keele was the guy that got closest, but unfortunately he didn't do it at the same time because Rick and Kiele was that guy that it was just an extraordinary athlete, and then as a pitcher he kind of bottomed out. And the fact that he was like, look, a good enough player. I always have been to be a major league hitter, and he was. He was a pretty decent major league hitter for a few years. I think that kind of style is something you're gonna see a lot more because the guys do it, and look, you do it in little league, you do it in high school, you do it in college. It's the big leagues where you don't do it. And it's kind of funny that you know, you don't get that opportunity.
Speaker 2: It's funny because you're right, because what it always was was like, Hey, this guy's a hitter, and then all of a sudden, hey, did you know he was a pitcher in high school, so now he's completely switched positions where I'd love this.
Speaker 1: Kenley Jansen was a converted catcher, if memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six Dos Sanchez was. I mean, there's a lot of these guys that we're doing that. I hope to see it more because I think it's good for baseball, and I think these guys can manage it properly. I just don't know if our brain is around Otani. I just don't know how many Otanis we're going to see, because that is a very unique Michael Lorenzen, by the way, is another one with the Angels. But I don't know how many of the Otani's where this guy can DH four or five at bats, pitch five or six innings, I don't know that, but I definitely think you could see more guys being able to do more bullpen work. But you know, resources with teams, man, it's so short, they cut minor leagues. I just don't know how many will do it, but I'd love to see a couple more teams jump into the fray.
Speaker 1: All right, here's your trivia question of the day. Jan Soto is on pace to break Barry Bonds's walk record. I don't know if he is, but I'm just saying that out loud. He's walking a lot, Barry Bond. I'm gonna guess all time.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm gonna guess he's.
Speaker 1: Not Barry Bond. I don't know. Man, the way this serious going?
Speaker 2: Well, Okay Soto has how old is Soto twenty eighty three years old?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like fifteen.
Speaker 2: I think he has four hundred walks and Barry Bonds has almost twenty six.
Speaker 1: Hundred's six hundred just about time.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're getting there.
Speaker 1: It's got that far. So Barry Bonds is the all time walk leader twenty five hundred and fifty eight walks in twelve thousand, six hundred and six plate appearances. Most of the top ten for walk leaders are all left handed hitters, who are the only too right handed hitters in the top ten. Both of them are Hall of famers in the Walk Leader Pantheon of things in the top ten. One played most of his career in the eighties and nineties, the other in the nineties and two thousands. But I'll give you one more hint to think of a guy who've got a lot of at bats, because that will probably tell you that these.
Speaker 3: Are players I would throw it as well as my little hint to give you these.
Speaker 1: Look at this. Trent Fleming is on it immediately. Ricky Henderson is one. There you go, he got it with that hint. If you get the other one, let me know. In the meantime, let's take a look at the stat heroes and zeros from the weekend. Here are the heroes. I'm gonna fly through them, and I'm gonna ask Welsh's thoughts on a couple. Sean Manya three earned seven innings, twelve k's. Frankie Montas had twelve k's, which he needed a big start for the worst way He needs to get out of Oakland and onto a team that can help. Pablo Lopez eleven k's, Justin Steele nine k's for him and six innings. Garrett Cole another good outing for him, three earned six with nine k's six innings, Zach Gallon nine k's as well, one earned. Hunter Green we mentioned his nine ks still walk five guys but still Charlie Morton, this is the one I want to land on for a se Morton's six earning six earnings six innings, one earned, nine strikeouts, one walk, two hits. This looks like Charlie Morton. So welch If you are somebody who's roster Charlie Morton and you've gotten your ass kicked by Charlie Morton for the last six weeks, and I'm sure he was on your bench for this start, are you throwing him back in your lineup? Are you trading him? Or are you just saying you know what the pass is? The pass? I'm gonna go forward here with Charlie Morton and hopefully this is the turn of the corner. Where what is your temperature of Charlie Morton right now?
Speaker 2: My temperature would be throwing him back out there, getting him back in the trusted lineup. I'm not sure where the trade value really is. We're coming again, Like I think it's tough to have a complete give up on a lot of these players after a rough April, and if they start showing signs, I kind of want to follow it. So I don't really believe there's enough trade value. I would start throwing him out in starts, and if it gets wonky again, then you know, he becomes a spot starter. Maybe he becomes you know, eventually someone that you can burn and churn in your smaller leagues.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna throw him back.
Speaker 1: Out, all right. Corbyn Burns seven innings, one earned seven k's. Bieber six innings, one earned, seven k Neser Kurt has another brilliant outing, Mike God's this guy could eight innings, one earned seven k's zero shares for me, I'm so upset about it. And also there's a fun line. Aaron Ashby four innings, zero earned, no hits, no walks, eight strikeouts and save for Aaron Ashby on the weekend. There you go. Here's your hitters. Paul gold Schmidt two dingers, six for twelve over the weekend. Sam Hilliard sighting two home runs, three for ten, Bryce Harper at two home runs, no UCL No problem for Bryce Harper, just dhm went Maryfield five for fourteen over the weekend with a home run of stolen base, five Ribbies four runs. Oh yeah, Will Myers coming back from injury hit a home run. Hopefully we'll stop striking out at an alarming rate speaking strikeout. Sal Perez four for fourteen with a home run in our five RBI. Taylor Ward continues to somehow be Taylor Ward six for twelve with a home run in five RBI talk about the beneficiary of lineup protection. Taylor Ward the poster child for this hunter Dozer eight for fourteen. Juli Guriell finally breaking out a little bit, two home runs. We've been use him in dfs as a lineup builder because you've been cheap. So again, this is what you see. Those guys in the middle orders were cheap, were you know, slow starts or you know, just not returning investments. Just keep plugging away. You're gonna get paid off one day like that. Cole Calhoun two, Dinger six for twelve, and Raffie Devers six for fourteen. Huh, there you go. You know.
Speaker 3: So interesting.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting that Byron Buckson was left off this list because Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Between between those three days you had two homers and someone happened him as the call. Someone had him as his call for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and he had two home runs, one on Friday and one on Sunday.
Speaker 3: So interesting that he's not on this list and left off.
Speaker 1: Some of the tribute. By the way, before you get to the zeros, see how I just ignored that Ripkin is incorrect. I'm sorry, it's not cal Ripkin, It's not Pooholes. And Eddie Murray was a switch hitter, but you know you are. Let's let's just say it hurts so good as your last hint. All right, let's get to the zeros. Carlos Rodan eight earned. What happened to Carlos Rodon I don't know. I guess it was bound to happen. Eric Lower was bound to have a bad start for earned runs seven k's though, three home runs for Lower, that's what did him in three and two thirds. For Christian Hobyer gave up seven earned That was not good. So Bally was bad.
Speaker 3: Kyle I was betting on that game, by the way, that Hobby ar game. Just want to point out.
Speaker 1: And then Kyle Friedlan was bad. Anyone named Kyle was terrible. Kyle Friedland too, twelve hits, no ks, two walks, gross bad start for Darvish five earns, same with Walker Bueller saying for Urius oh Man and Carlos Carrasco gave up four earned runs eight hits in four and a third. So any of these pitching performances scare you because these are some big names in here, with Darvish, Bueller and Urius. I just shrug him off and Lower was bad to have a bad outing, you.
Speaker 2: Do, Yeah, the lower one is the one I would focus on because I feel personally like I'm attacking Eric Lower a little bit. It's just that fastball, Like the way he has been getting out on that fastball is like a reliever. It's not like any really any other starting pitcher. It was some insane clip of like a sixty something percent whiff rate on that fastball alone, which just there's like three or four starting pictures in all.
Speaker 3: The baseball that got it.
Speaker 2: So I looked at that and I was like, this guy relies heavily on a fastball and it's getting all these whists.
Speaker 3: This doesn't seem sustainable.
Speaker 2: So I kind of focus on him and I look at him, and I go, this is a guy I feel like it's in a come back down to earth. So when I see this isn't a horrific performance though it's like he had no walks, he struck out seven, but he gave up four earned runs. I've been waiting for him to come back down. So I can't really even call it worry and like you said, a lot of these other guys. I mean, I'm out on Zavali, I'm not interested on Gray, but getting worried about Bueller and Dark.
Speaker 1: You know who I am worried about.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about Julio Urrias Julio.
Speaker 1: That was mine.
Speaker 2: I gave a big smack in my I just updated my redraft ranks over at Innesleague dot com and that was a big overhaul. And one of the things that stood out was Arius, like, you love the spin on it, but it doesn't feel like it's working anymore. He's commanding it all right. He doesn't push it by anybody, He's not fooling anybody. And he's getting hit and I feel like he's getting hit consistently harder. And I moved him down like a pretty dramatic amount of tears, and I wonder if it's going to keep going, because I'm very disinterested in him in that elite territory. So he would be a big sell for me right now, even though he's not performing at a great level. He would be a sell if somebody considers that general vicinity that he was drafted in. I kind of want to get out from under him.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting, Welsh. At the beginning of the year, I was really pushing this narrative like no team's invincible. I don't care how big a favorites the Dodgers are. There's a path for them falling apart at some point. And the path would be the bottom half of the order not hitting, Juleo Urius being that guy that doesn't quite maintain his level, and Clayton Kershaw injury.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Bueller's with them.
Speaker 2: Bueller's with them not really performing at that elite, elite level, like he's going to step down. Arius has gone a couple steps down. Kershaw's on the il right now. Hitting has been a little Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 3: This is the path. This is the way the Dodgers don't win, which is.
Speaker 1: Good because I was wearing my Mandalorian shirt today, So it is the way. There you go. Let's get to some of the zero hitters, ready for this, Okay? Luke Voight two for fourteen, eight strikeouts, Patrick Wisdom ak's over the weekend, Jay cronin Worth seven k's over the weekend, Heyzus Sanchez, hey Zeus one for ten, six k's Jared Walsh, my boy, unfortunately one for sixteen. He's in a slump. Go buy him. Christianelich last weekend for the cycle this weekend two for eleven with five strikeouts, so that was fun while it lasted. Cody Bellinger two for twelve, five k's, and Anthony Santander one for thirteen with four Also Owen Miller, who's back from the injury, one for thirteen with four strikeouts. So let's get to the home run board and see who the leaders are after the weekend. All I do is win a ni King of the North and the Bloom aka de Blom. I'm just teasing you, de Blom, That's all I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm coming teens right down there.
Speaker 1: Larry c is a two twelve, the florin socks at eleven, got a couple other people at eleven. I'm still stuck at five. So I'm coming at a ways to go. You're where are you up to?
Speaker 3: You're at seven? Seven? After the four weekend, let's get on that.
Speaker 2: You know what, if I have a really good week and if I can remember to the days I'm not on, if I can, you know, go and put some ones on there, going to.
Speaker 1: Get on the board and you just put in home run whatever dash. It's like Morse code.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did. I actually did it last week with the You and Mayors Show. I did a horrible, stupid call. But I'll try to make some better ones. I'm gonna get on that one.
Speaker 2: Oh we guess what breaking news even better, I'm at eight according to mayor Even better, I was shorting myself a home run eight homers.
Speaker 3: I am too off from the board according to mayor.
Speaker 1: Let you go eight according to mayor what mayor math? By the way, speaking of mayor math, do you see he made up a new stat called mayory or a or I don't even know how to say it. It's like the mirror whip of mayonnaise. I don't know, may where is that era. It's like a composite. It's very cool, but I'm I just want to tease them about it. But it's very cool. It's like a composite of all these different era statistics into like one finite Mike Mayer approved e R, which I kind of like. So I am going to counter with babbit pieza pia. Uh so the bit piece of pia.
Speaker 2: It's okay, Yeah, there's something that well, there's something with whip and Welsh and I just don't know exactly what it is yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll find the end of the show. We'll figure it out. Let's get to, of course, the bets of the day is it's welp, that's mine. Welp. Well, well that's a common phrase for us here on the show. Welp. What are you gonna do? All right, let's get to a little betting time with our friends and our partners at bet mgm, the King of Sports Books. Special offer for new users. Bet ten dollars win two hundred on any game, any game. When you bet it, that's it, regardless of the outcome, it doesn't matter. Bet ten win two hundred when you use the promo code leading off. So what you do after the show, We're even just pause the show, oh or whatever you're doing. Probably at the same time as you're watching the show, download the betmgm app or go to betmgm dot com, put in the promo code leading off, one word leading off, and start having some fun. We've been doing pretty well on these prop bets. I gotta say, here's the ones from betting pros that I like the most. Today, Jacob DEREIZI over on FanDuel three and a half for the strikeout total. I like the over three and a half is just too low. You're getting plus sorry, you're getting minus one sixty eight on the juice here, and I know it's a lot, but I think this is just a lock. But I would parlay it with something else. So just saying I think that fandor yeah, that's one to put into a couple other things that you feel really good. Take some minus juice that you feel good about and make it into one thing. Mookie Betts total bases over on DK is even money at one and a half. I like that one tonight. Freddy Freeman total bases, I don't care it's against left hand or whatever. It's masm Bomb Garner. He's not very good anymore. One and a half for him, and that's plus one thirty money on Freddy Freeman. Will Smith, I like all the Dodgers tonight. I'm going Dodgers Will Smith on DK half total bases plus one fifteen and then plus one twenty same number on DK. Justin Turner Welsh, did you have any in particular today or yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Got I've actually got two that you can parlay with I've had. I got to share these more because I've told people I'm still in a very exploratory space of like.
Speaker 3: Gambling and learning what I really like and playing around with some of them.
Speaker 2: K props I feel like I've done really really well with and it's one that I don't love today, but if you attack the right day over the weekend, Pablo Lopez Sean Mania or some that I was hitting, but the problem is that sometimes they're juiced up. I actually like your Oderezi one. I think it's kind of sneaky as he has been improved.
Speaker 3: Somebody that I would.
Speaker 1: Things is least seventeen things to give it up two earned runs. I think of memory serves or something ridiculous like that. Ever since the little conversation with Erlander, it's nuts.
Speaker 2: And someone I would pair him with today and it looks like it's super juiced up is Alex Wood with the Giants. And Alex Wood has hit It's only at three and a half today and he's going up against Colorado and he's hit it every single game but one.
Speaker 3: He just face called Dorado and had four. He's been a.
Speaker 2: Better strikeout option. He started off the year H six, five and five, so I really like Alex Wood.
Speaker 3: It's juiced up.
Speaker 2: I would pair that with the Oderezi. I think I might do that myself as a fun one. And then you had a I think it was the Mookie bets one that was was that juiced a little bit?
Speaker 3: Or what was the other hit?
Speaker 1: I think that was even money on Mookie It was even.
Speaker 2: Okay one I might I might parlay with again. When you get even money on player props, I probably you should play that.
Speaker 3: I mean anytime you.
Speaker 2: Could play stuff straight, like to play it straight, but if you wanted to play and have a little bit of fun one, I might put MOOKI bets with is Corey Seeger who's going up again Syndergard very good history, hitting over four hundred against him, and you can do the I.
Speaker 3: Believe the hit total. I would look at the hit and the total base prop and pick your side. Put it up against.
Speaker 2: If the hit is at one and a half, take the total bases, pair it with mookie bets and those might be a couple of fun bets for Monday.
Speaker 1: Doctor Glenn has a suggestion obps Apia, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: What was yours what was your piece of PA.
Speaker 1: Which is whay. Yeah, actually that actually sounds like a Star Wars name Obi piz a Pa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Babit. We could do with Bogman, but Bogman.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the DFS slate today. Louis Severino and Kyle Brads going head to head on DK eight point a for seven Reno. Probably a good investment there. Uh, Kyle Bradtige who had a great start last week Wed have eleven strikeouts in the last start memory serves there five point eight. So if you want to use them as a secondary arm, you can tonight and sprinkle them around Miles Miko Las nine point eight tonight over on DK, Freddy Peralta ten point five and Cinderguard, who actually liked the Cindergard match up eight point five and the cave rates starting to pop up a little bit. I just think tonight, you you take a Freddy Peralta in a bradish, you go up to the top, you take a Micho listen Cinderguard, you kind of split the difference. I think that's kind of a good way to go. If you want to get sever Reno in there, you can go Seveo and Cinderguard, those those those five pitchers. Some kind of combination I think is the way to go tonight, because there's a lot of dead spots on Fando. When just got to pick one, I would leave Bradish to the side, just against that Yankee lineup. They've been so red hot lately. Peralta at nine point seven is the best value. He's about five hundred dollars cheaper than Miles Michless and and he's cheaper than Cindergart too, So I'll just stick with Paralta on FanDuel tonight. The stacks of the night. I like the Dodgers, I like the Los Angeles Angels, and I love Toronto. Tonight, in this matchup, all the Toronto shares will get to my home run calls. In a second lineup builders Julio Rodriguez is three point two on the DK machine. Jan Ya Pez, who I picked up in my home league this week. I couldn't believe I got him for like five bucks. I thought he was gonna I didn't think I was gonna get him because I've only put it in a five dollar bidjan Ya Pez three point six. Alec Thomas two point six. Alec Thomas also two point six on FanDuel went Maryfield still just two point seven, So here you go. FanDuel hasn't caught up yet to whit Maryfield, but I'm telling you it's time to keep investing. And glabor Tor is at two point six as well. On calls for the night, Welsh, where are you going? Who you calling your shot with? Who's going yard?
Speaker 3: I am going to go. I don't love I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's something about mondays. I don't particularly love how these Mondays roll out. But I am gonna go with mister Juan Soto, who has a little bit of a history against mister Akintari, hitting over three fifties, got a couple bombs, got good sample sizes.
Speaker 3: Give I don't think I've taken.
Speaker 2: One soda this year either, So I'm gonna go with a big dog, big name won Soto for my homern call for number nine, Remember nine.
Speaker 1: I like to see you get up to that double digits. I'm gonna go with Vlad Junior tonight, Mike Mayer going the Xander bogartsis staying as a Homer tonight. Here's another suggestion too, from the Penis and Chrest.
Speaker 2: That's the one job P is the one in my mind. That's what that is your personal stack, because what do we have without and mayor a Joe b P WHLP for me, I might be the most fun welp.
Speaker 3: And what was Bogman's Dogman was about?
Speaker 1: Uh? The Bogman?
Speaker 2: That sounds like the bad bait like that girl, catch me outside? That sounds like Boman catch me outside baby?
Speaker 1: Well you could catch us tomorrow same play. Subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB channel and make sure you download that bet mgm app used that promo code leading off, and don't forget to subscribe because when you do, you can then become a Fantasy Pros member and then go make your own home run calls and win some stuff. By the way, we keep trying to give it away. This is the last day I'm gonna try. I think. Look, if you're out there, Theon, please Theon from North Border in Ontario. Lad Guerrero signed autographed baseball by Vlad Garrel Junior. It's yours. You'll want it Theon. If anybody knows Theon, send him a raven let him know that he's got it, please, and otherwise we're gonna have to put it up for grabs here with the peanuts and cracker jacks, which will be fun tomorrow. Perhaps we'll have a question here.
Speaker 3: Save it for Thursday.
Speaker 2: Save it for if you can save it for Thursday when I'm back here. Didn't we say we were gonna do like a.
Speaker 3: Home run call for that day and all the homers.
Speaker 1: Hey, we could do that, we could do trivia. We'll mull it over. We'll mull it over. We'll see how it goes. All right, that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. Actually I'm Joeby P. We'll see the exact kids, see what I did there.