Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's Bruce.
Speaker 2: Thanks for pulling up a chair for another bonus episode of Table for two. Last week, we published our interview with journalist, recent author, and former editor in chief of Vanity Fair Great and Carter.
Speaker 1: He shared so many great stories.
Speaker 2: During our lunch, and he even had more fun tales to tell during our lightning round. I hope you enjoy, and we'll be back next week with our exciting season finale.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna do a little speed round here. Okay, favorite year and why.
Speaker 3: In my life probably nineteen seventy eight when I came to New York. I mean I was just so excited. I mean, buddy, yes.
Speaker 1: There's buildings. Plus you're young. It's like everything's two ways, a lot more in air. I mean, you know, we take that all right.
Speaker 2: You you have to leave New York day and can only take things you can carry with you.
Speaker 1: What are you bringing?
Speaker 3: I take my cameras. I have a couple of likea cameras, and I would think something from my office. I have this sort of wonderful old astroid that's shaped like a giant champagne cork that I have.
Speaker 2: To love and probably take that, Okay, which I also love in you book when you when you realize that the marketing tool of creating ashtrays and things for people to actually take.
Speaker 3: I still have.
Speaker 1: Loafers or lace ups lace ups.
Speaker 2: Most beautiful person you've ever met movie star wise male and female.
Speaker 3: I met years ago when I was working at time. I had covered something and I met Myrtle Loi. But I was the most beautiful woman and she had exactly the same thing she did in the Thin Men. She has that sort of disease where she had millions of tiny rakles. So if you saw her at eight away, she looked exactly like thin Man Myrtle Oi, and she was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I love that about you. I love that you're connected to the past.
Speaker 2: Great best well, best part you've ever best part you've ever thrown doesn't have to be a vanity fair party.
Speaker 1: Best part you've ever thrown.
Speaker 3: I did the dinner at the River Cafe in London. That was pretty fabulous, and it was it was all people from the British Theater and that was that was pretty memorable.
Speaker 1: Wine Red White Rose.
Speaker 3: Well, we I pushed the season, but at both ends, so I have to like Rose my friends, you know, and it's a I'm assuming it's better for you, but.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna assume, yeah, you love the hotel to.
Speaker 3: Cop too expansive, But yes I did.
Speaker 1: We had a fun time in the lobby that day. Good laugh in the lobby that day looking at all the blonde women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, no, I do like the hotel to cap.
Speaker 1: Worst faux pas when hosting a dinner party.
Speaker 3: Worst faux pas. Well, I mean this wasn't during a dinner party. There's a during a dinner I had. I was having a dinner in Canada and congratulated our waitress on being pregnant. And you know, I think must have been.
Speaker 1: All do that once and that never ever again, ever again. I mean, you're like, you can never recover.
Speaker 3: I can't watch. You didn't let me finished.
Speaker 1: Worst faup when you were attending Identifi.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm pretty well behaved nowadays.
Speaker 1: Or someone attending your dinner.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think anybody who stays too long, like we had a dinner. It's in my book for Margaret, Princess Margaret, and she did you know New York dinner parties sort of chop off around ten to fifteen and people have to get to work and a living, and she and nobody was allowed to leave until she left me, actually a protocol, and she she stayed until about twelve thirty. And people, no, no, it was like a hostile situation for most of the gay than It was just the looks on their face. And your friend Barry Dollar was just because they kept saying, I gotta get out of here, and I said, oh, no, no, no, please, just go at the back door. If you're gonna leave, please.
Speaker 1: That is it's brutal, like you think you're going to pass out. I've had that happen to us at our house, and you're just like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: There's a natural time span. And then my father used to come down. He was the same way and went around ten, ten to fifteen. He'd he'd go to my mother and say whisper quite loudly, so the guys can hear Mark. We can't keep these good people any longer. People started watching Your First Kiss, My First Kiss. I played football and when I was in high school and went out with one of the cheerleaders. All right, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: A good memorn favorite place you've been in the.
Speaker 3: World, definitely the southern France and one aside from New York. I do love. I just love the smell, I love the light, I love the peacefulness. And people in the southern France are much happier and friendlier than people in northern France. It's like it's like different nations. And there's just something about the sky and the size of the sky.
Speaker 1: Anyway, edge of love it biggest embarrassment.
Speaker 3: Biggest embarrassment, Holy count there's so many. I mean one time I was on a traveling hockey team and we were in the Montreal subway station and I was leaning over those the cheerleaders rolled down below, and all the girls from the high school were down below, and I leaned over my equipment bank accidentally and my my jock strap fell out of the equipment bank and went down on the floor, and you'd think of bomb. Atlantic women were shrieking and I had to like go down the stairs and pick up that would be I was like it was on your teenage. I was sweating and it was wet and the sort of splosh. See.
Speaker 2: Now, if you were in a room with gay guys, that would have been like the most exciting thing that ever happened.
Speaker 1: To any of them. Thank you for joining.
Speaker 2: This has been a huge honor for me, and if you're listening, please when the going was good and editor's adventures during the last golden age of magazines, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Thank you for pulling up a chair.
Speaker 4: I love our lunches and never forget the romance of a meal. If you enjoy the show, please tell a friend and rate and review us on Apple Podcasts. Table for two with Bruce Bosi is produced by iHeartRadio seven three seven Park and Airmail. Our executive producers are Bruce Bosi and Nathan King. Our supervising producer is Dylan Fagan. Our editors are Vincent to Johnny and Cas b.
Speaker 1: Bias.
Speaker 2: Table for two is researched and written by Jack Sullivan. Our sound engineers are Meil B. Klein, Jess Krainich, and Jesse Our music supervisor is Randall Poster. Our talent booking is done by Jane Sarkin. Table for two Social media manager is Gracie Wiener. Special thanks to Amy Sugarman, Uni Scherer, Kevin Uvane, Bobby Bauer, Alison Kanter Graber. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app. Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.