Speaker 1: Man Center all the road that New York has brought you by Northwest Federal Credit Union, the official credit union of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: We invite you to stop searching and go Northwest.
Speaker 1: Check out NWFCU dot ors Last Washington to see how heasy it is to join and how Northwest can help make.
Speaker 2: Your money work for you. Stop buy brands to.
Speaker 1: Visit NWSCU dot ors Last Washington today. One good command is family Broncko with you to here with mister Aton and NOA said Tanta Mar's super Bowl.
Speaker 2: TV and Brian Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Where in the Upper.
Speaker 1: East Side of New York City over Atias. This is Command Center Special New York edition where we coming here to talk all things about the game on dive in and we behind in me lines today Baby talk about Bergs.
Speaker 2: First, we in the Big Apple. We in New York City. We made an East Brother for right now.
Speaker 1: We in New York City, We in the Miss Bet Miss Small. As soon as you walked in the building, you were singing a song. What comes to mind when you think about New York and being out here.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's the city of the lights, you know. And uh, I was looking at the Rundown and was talking about the baddest New York song out there. And you know I have two levels here.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm about.
Speaker 4: Hip hop, be Mitch, I gotta go over there, pot, I say to mind. But the song when you really think about New York and you think about the rat pack, you go to Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, start spreading the news.
Speaker 3: I'm leaving the day, Yes, sir, I want to be a part of it.
Speaker 2: New York, New New York.
Speaker 4: That song resonates, you know when I was here. You can hear them any play of place. People always discussed it. And Frank Sinatras one of the smoothest dudes ever, you know, so I think about that as well. But New York, like at least Skis say if you could do it here, you can do it anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well be missaiing.
Speaker 1: Frank Sinati one of the smoothest dudes ever, one of smooth dudes, I know.
Speaker 2: Miss Now your feelings with New York a little bit.
Speaker 1: If you got drafted, Yeah, I got played out here, so you got a.
Speaker 2: Lot of experience.
Speaker 1: When you're talking about that, a little bit about how you feel about this city when you pull up, Well, just from my experience alone. Having the experience, I left on a good note, you know, I left putting some good stuff on film. I went out there, I torched the field when I was healthy. But my feelings coming into New York, it wasn't the same, you know what I mean, being a young eighteen year old, nineteen year old I think I was.
Speaker 2: I was actually probably twenty.
Speaker 1: I got a chance to come here for a Biggie's senior breakfast, like gathering from all the different colleges in our division.
Speaker 2: And I didn't like, you know, my visit. It was jewelry. It was nasty out and I was like, man, get me out of here.
Speaker 1: And one of the guys that played with me, one of the guys that played with me, he was like, bruh, shut up, You're gonna be here next year. And lo and behold, I was here, and I'm like all I had was him in my mind when I got drafted, Like you're talking about getting drafted and kind of like having a stale face. It wasn't because of New York itself. It was just like someone told me this, and I had other things in my in the.
Speaker 2: Back of my head.
Speaker 1: So but but but just to put all that to side. When I got up here and finally started playing, it was great and the thing that be Missus talked about if you can, if you can play here and play good here, play anywhere. So when I was able to leave and get traded, I knew I was gonna go dominate WHEREBI was gone because I went through hell here. These fans, these fans make you.
Speaker 2: Get up every Sunday.
Speaker 1: Ain't go out there and give it you all because they not taking nothing less. So I tipped my head off to the fans here for that. I tipped my head off to everybody who I can still call and when I come in town, because they showed me love then they still show me love now and.
Speaker 2: Beat Mitch gave us a couple of songs, a couple of New York tunes. Yeah, I don't know you. I know you're not about to sing ye.
Speaker 1: Up, I'm mom So he said one of them, yeah, Impire state of Mind.
Speaker 2: And then one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: It's not like typically a song that people go to for New York, but Fat Joe, he was one of my favorite rappers up here.
Speaker 2: That lean Back song was like the thing up here. Lean Back lean back, So I gotta get him a shout out for that. And also.
Speaker 1: Jim Jones and them boys up here with balling and stuff like that. Like some of those songs right resonate to me just from the time.
Speaker 2: I was up here. Yeah, man, a lot of history.
Speaker 3: I know football. When you think New York, you think the Rooky Park.
Speaker 1: They try to say this to Mecca for basketball, And I'm too sure to be the Calli kid. Sometimes I like to think Calli's you know what you talking to football.
Speaker 2: So let's get right into it, right.
Speaker 1: If you got the New York Giants that one in five, however, I think we can all agree not really the one in five team you think of. It's not one of those things when we're just walking in here thinking we're gonna get an easy w There's a lot of things going on with this team, So let's talk about it a little bit. First things first, one of your first the Giants, when you see them and see kind of the season.
Speaker 2: They've had a very slow start for them.
Speaker 3: Last year, they had a lot of things work in their favor. This year is not.
Speaker 4: But ultimately, when you look at that team, they're won in five. They lost to five playoff.
Speaker 3: Teams from last year. Their defense is not bad.
Speaker 4: You saw them take the Buffalo Bills to the to the to the break. Their offense has lost a lot of people on the offensive line, and when you lose your offensive line and you don't have much to go, quarter backs banging up now.
Speaker 3: But they still have that dude number twenty six.
Speaker 2: Say, Gwan Bai.
Speaker 4: You saw in the last game they played, they were losing. You he wasn't playing that well. But then all I'm saden thirty two yards twenty six yards. The dude still can get it. But we're gonna have to play. This is the type of game. I think you can get.
Speaker 3: Caught up thinking like, oh, they wounded, but.
Speaker 4: One thing you heard about the jungle and anywhere else, a wounded animal, it's the most dangerous.
Speaker 2: Animal you can get be worried about them. What I think.
Speaker 1: We can't get caught up because coming into this game, they got to know. You know, we haven't beaten these guys in a long time, and regardless of how beat up they are, they circled us on they they schedule like this is when when we get right.
Speaker 3: This is to get right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we have to have that mentality, man, that these guys have.
Speaker 2: Been a bully. You know, we talked.
Speaker 1: About this in Philly. We went up there in handle Philly before. They won't much the bully, but they was the bully of our division because they went to the Super Bowl and they kind of pretty much team to beat Big O. But these guys are really the bully out of this division. The Giants is a team that plays with us, do what they want to do with us. So I'm hoping to see our guys come energetic with a different mindset and knowing that, look, I care less of what their record is, we had to take it to them. He talked about their officer line being and shamls. That's one of the reasons why they who they are right now. Defensively, they flying around, they getting after the football.
Speaker 2: Then you look at the officers out of the ball.
Speaker 1: Sat Quan was hurt a couple of times too, I mean for a few games. So you get him back now healthy, You got a healthy Saint Kwan. You find a way to say, Whoever's gonna be your quarterback? Daniel Jones, Tyrod Taylor, both of those guys a cable dude, a ward that having productive games. You got Slaton as a receiver, you got Walla as.
Speaker 3: A tight end.
Speaker 2: You had the guy Don don Nelle, Donwell.
Speaker 1: Jones or something like that, Lord Williams or something like that, number seventeen phenomenal receiver, slot receiver.
Speaker 2: So they have.
Speaker 1: Guys just like us that can go out and they get the job done. So we got to take it to him and you and you mentioned that offensive line and you mentioned sain Kwon.
Speaker 2: Barkley as well.
Speaker 1: Offensive line hasn't been great. However, Sa Kuan missus three games, comes back last week, gets ninety six yards on twenty four carries, so he ain't hurt no more.
Speaker 2: His a spot. Boy's good, right, Bud.
Speaker 1: We've seen how we've kind of gone against running backs henised.
Speaker 2: I gonna start with you, Saint Kwon Barkley.
Speaker 1: What test does he bring to us with such a strong wrest of your tech that he brings with these gimes.
Speaker 2: Think about him.
Speaker 4: He can go to distance, so you have to rally around him and get to him early. I can recall playing back in the day against the Giants, playing against Dave Meggett. Dave Million was a little hit the ball if he didn't get him down early.
Speaker 2: He's gonna hurt you.
Speaker 4: You know, he would hurt us in many ways, running the ball, throwing, damn touch, that.
Speaker 3: All kind of thing.
Speaker 4: But sat Kwan Buckley can it not only hurt you in the passing game or in the running game. He can also hurt you in the passing game. Take the screen and go set me five on you. We seen it in Pedexvield. We seen him do things to us here and now this state of me and so we have to be a defensive minded team that's gonna rally around one guy can't get it. Half other guys flying to the ball. First guy, wrap him up, sending guys you come. We have a tendency to try to rip the ball out with the first guy. Yeah, the NFL running back is going to you rip the ball. He gonna keep running. So we can run down the Bible team. You are white, You ripping at the ball. You wrap me up.
Speaker 3: If somebody come hit me. Now, I got to be concerned about the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean say Kwanda is one of those guys. He's a difference maker.
Speaker 1: So like I said before, this team coming hunting, they ready, they ready to go eat against us.
Speaker 2: And we gotta be the bigger guy. We gotta make sure that we.
Speaker 1: Bring it to them then, And it's not just Sakwon Barkley, right, They got Daniel Jones back there.
Speaker 2: However, Daniel Jones is not expected to play. We don't know for sure yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sure questionable, but they're saying on ESPN that is very long shot.
Speaker 4: He hadn't been hit yet, and I'm saying he's not all clear to get hit with another three.
Speaker 3: I don't think if he hadn't pack practice. Yeah, that's the way I'm looking at That's how I feel.
Speaker 1: To Dan Jones on Tyrod, I believe it's a threat still, Tyrod.
Speaker 2: To me, he distributed the ball a little different than Daniel.
Speaker 1: He's a guy one, two, three getting the ball to the open guy. So that's something else you gotta be ready for. I mean, I'm pretty sure he putting on films. So now we've seen it a couple of all weeks. But Daniel, for some odd reason, he just gets He finds a way to out get us to the punch, beat.
Speaker 2: Us to the punch. When it comes in the run game, everything breaks down for damn. Guess what he does. He fired fifteen to twenty thirty yards with his feet. So uh, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sure what what's gonna happen come sunny when it comes to which quarterback up. But I know Tyrod is a guy too that you got to be mine for because he's a guy you saw him last week he getting rid of that ball to the open guy and when he scrambles, he scrambled to find the guy that's down the field instead of running.
Speaker 2: With you know, with the football. Right and in Tyrod Taylor Savvy Vatt.
Speaker 1: Former pro bowler led Buffalo till the playoffs was just rare back then, right before Josh Allen have got there. Tyrod is twenty six twenty six and one in his entire career as a starter, which means this guy can win.
Speaker 2: Now we see what Daniel Jones and Daliel Jones has had our number.
Speaker 1: Right, Let's talk about Tyrol a little band what a player like that because as a little he's a little differ to Dale Jones, has a little.
Speaker 2: Few more wrinkles. Beatni, what do you.
Speaker 1: Expect to see from Tyrod Taylor tomorrow?
Speaker 2: If you play tennis?
Speaker 4: Said, he's the type of guy who spreads the ball around. Tyrod Tallen is trying to get the ball to.
Speaker 3: The hands of his playmakers.
Speaker 4: He's not a guy that's trying to go out there and run around. Now, he's very capable of running around, but when he scrambles, he keeps his eyes.
Speaker 3: Down the field.
Speaker 4: And I think the thing about him is this, you're caught up with the giants when they when they quarterbacks break the project Daniel Jones, he runs and when you look at that film, we gonna see a lot of Damn Taylor Jones, Tyrod Taylor On. No man, when he breaks the pocket, you have to be get agitant. Is he running or is he gonna throw it? So if you get caught up, but then you're gonna attack him, he dump it over the top. He's a guy that like that. He don't necessarily win the game for you, but he doesn't lose it, which means now the defense has to make all the right yo.
Speaker 2: Right right, he said, he is right on. He's gonna make the right decision.
Speaker 1: So just know that he's not looking to get outside the pocket at times. So what we have to do is keep him minute, you know what I mean, make sure we condition the pocket. Make sure those guys said look, we're talking about offensive line play. Their offensive line is in shambles, So this is gonna be our game that we hunt, but also with our defensive guys up front being mindful that they can go hunt.
Speaker 2: Also got to be disciplined. You have to be disciplined.
Speaker 1: Make sure you're not getting too far outside of your lanes trying to get that sack, because you got a guy, like I said before, Cable, when he breaks the pocket, he looking for that open guy. Yeah yeah, and that pocket might broken a lot because Daniel Jones is the second most sacks quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Y'all know where the first one is.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Sam Howell unfortunately, right, but we're gonna focus right now. Daniel Jones get his sacked and it's so Tyron Taylor cleveand like you said, Officer Linjah shambles, how does our.
Speaker 2: Defense counterat that and capitalize off of such a week off? Into line ten? I'll start with you.
Speaker 1: I think it's gotta be disciplined, like I said before, not go out here thinking that I have to go out and do something myself.
Speaker 2: Play within the scheme. You know.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I see that when we play well upfront. It's because everybody is playing off each other, communicating with each other, letting them.
Speaker 2: Know, I'm gonna play off you, you play off me.
Speaker 1: Don't go out there and say I'm just gonna go out here and run wild and try to get a sack and then boom, you had to cape and hold your lef open, and they.
Speaker 2: Take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: So I think our defensive guys up front have to be disciplined, play within the scheme, and I believe that some of the covers that we're gonna present it's gonna allow them to get those sacks. You know what I mean, Some of those covers is gonna open up.
Speaker 2: I think our.
Speaker 1: Defensive or secondary a couple of weeks ago have put so much bass up on tape to where they had to correct their self. So last week, on a different approach, you got their hands on three passes. So now coming forward, that builds that confidence up. So now I'm pretty sure that Jack del Rio is not gonna lead these guys out there knowing that a few weeks ago out left them out there by theyself. He have more favorable coverages where our defense the guys at.
Speaker 2: First to go out there hunting.
Speaker 3: You want to answer, well, I think I'm out here in town of solely it's about being disciplined.
Speaker 4: Okay, they have guys playing positions that don't play them all the time.
Speaker 3: They will make a mistake.
Speaker 4: So if you're playing discipline as one unit, you're gonna look into more east than you would if you go out there on your own. So this d line right here, I know that people are questioning them. They are questioning them definitely because we watch games. We look at certain guys take over football games. We haven't done that yet this shit. So now you're playing this team that's a little wounded, and if you go out there and you're over highted and overplayed like an individual, you mess up. If they just sit to there there, there, there the scheme, sit to the things that they're taught, their fundamentals, and go as one, they.
Speaker 3: Can have a big game.
Speaker 1: Man, And said Tanna misson the secondary, A big key for you last week was taking care of the tight end headed John lu Smith Kyle Pitts, I think you get a fair job. Now we have a Darren Waller who's essentially a receiver, right, He's just a big.
Speaker 2: Receiver and he's a big dude. That's dudes now as fast as tho the dudes, but he can.
Speaker 1: Still make it and he was one of the top receivers not even too long ago when he was with the Raiders.
Speaker 2: How do our how does our secondary in.
Speaker 1: Our linebackers, how do they build off already strong week that they had last week?
Speaker 3: Last week you saw when when you're.
Speaker 4: Watching Cody and also uh jaymon, when when those guys go out there and get their mind right, getting the right mindset, they can run with anybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's all y'all.
Speaker 4: Do you have to remember what you did last week and trying to build off of that, not come out here, Oh now, I'm good. Now I'm gonna go go show the show my great I am none no oh, with the same mindset you had last.
Speaker 3: Week and be in his back pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Jama was in the dude father got your interception.
Speaker 4: All you have to do if he's the guy and you he can't I'll run you go everywhere he goes.
Speaker 2: He can't lose you.
Speaker 1: You know, and then you make that play when it comes down, you know, you know, talking about Walla Wallace one of those guys that I've been I've been watching them closely because you see, you got a big contract to come over here. He did, but he hasn't been comfortable yet. You know, you can see it in his play. They're forcing it to him, trying to see the guy who they saw on the other team, and.
Speaker 2: He haven't showed up yet.
Speaker 1: So I think you gotta continue to make him uncomfortable, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Put hands on him a lot, press him, be in his face because.
Speaker 1: He he's playing like as if something going to like he's faster than everything else, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. So I've been watching close.
Speaker 1: I've been keeping a close eye on him, and they gonna keep chunking at him. And with that being said, put your hands on him, some of them every now and then. You have to get into his head because I think right now he's in his own head. So I want to see how our approach it is to him. See that we got guys up in his face to not allow him.
Speaker 2: To get comfortable on us.
Speaker 1: But you know how it is every time we play somebody, whatever they was doing before, they find.
Speaker 2: A way to, you know, put that behind them and had one of their better games.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping, I'm praying that that's not the case this week, you know, when it comes to Wallace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And to your point, Waler hasn't gotten comfortable.
Speaker 1: It seems his offense really hasn't got comfortable their lasting passing touchdowns, and outside of last week, we haven't really seen our secondary really blossom really pro yet. This could be a big game for them, the show out, especially these young guys. What do you expect this He's just from our secondary as a whole being.
Speaker 2: Shall gonna start with you.
Speaker 3: I think that they're gonna try to build off of what they did last week.
Speaker 4: Kenda Fuller was a little banging up during the week, but he's playing, and I think Kendna is veteran enough playing to tell the guys, listen.
Speaker 3: Man, this is what we're capable of.
Speaker 4: I heard Benjamin Saint you say we now know what the bar is at it last week you say we have shown what we can do, just what we should expect. I am with him one hundred percent. Once you show what you're capable of, now, that's what you need to expect to do, not just us as fans, but them as individuals and the fact that a player said it tells me that all.
Speaker 3: Week they were preaching that appreciate.
Speaker 4: So now the mindset is, look, man, this is what we can be. This is what we are because sometime when you grow up, you know, when you grow up in your hood, you see somebody in your hood make it. Now you know I can do it. Okay, So this sung would happened Lampley. So every player on that team and that then the secondary should be thinking I can do this. And you've got some guys up front that can also enhance that. So either you're covering it at longer so they can get a sack, are they rushing a little quick and say you get it into set, but that stuff.
Speaker 3: Got to work hand in it.
Speaker 2: On the flip side of that, you've been that receiver that was in the room understanding, okay, this office is a cooking yet I haven't gotten the touchdowns.
Speaker 1: We're not scoring a lot, but we're coming against a defense that has a young secondary that is known to give up the place.
Speaker 2: Now and then you've been that receiver in that room.
Speaker 1: What is that like? What's New York coming out looking at our defenses saying this is what we're gonna get done today.
Speaker 2: Well, the coach probably telling them we have we're gonna have opportunities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna have opportunity, but they have guys up front that's gonna make it hard for us. So get to your spot, beat your man in the line of shrimmish, get off of press.
Speaker 2: You know he's gonna be tapping on all those type of things.
Speaker 1: And catch the ball when it's coming. We're not gonna get that many opportunities, so catch it when it comes your way.
Speaker 2: And that's what it is. And those guys know, you know, those guys are familiar with these guys.
Speaker 1: You know most of the guys that's here Slaton, those guys have clean these guys numerous of times. He's a very valuable wide receive on that team. That's not starting to make some noise also, So I'm hoping that our secondary could say last week was a breath of fresh shal that got that behind them.
Speaker 2: Now let's move forward.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let's getting that cab again this week.
Speaker 2: And have that same kind of performance. And I'm pretty sure they up for the challenge.
Speaker 1: And guys, it's been for talking defense, but I went two offensive stars I went two offensive legends, so I think it's trying to move out to that offensee that cool school job that we miss you.
Speaker 2: Sam how most.
Speaker 1: Sack quarterback in the league, however, had his first three touchdown game as a starter. Big deal with Sam Howe. What if y'all see for y'all your quarterback said teen, I'm gonna startle with you.
Speaker 2: I just seen growth.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't get me wrong. Besides the sacks every week, this guy's getting better.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to e Beat the other day on the radio and he was saying some things that you know that was acting of him, like, hey, you want to see this? And I think JP was the one that asks the question. It was a great question and it was a great answer. He basically said, you know, we in the world that we want to see stuff happen right now.
Speaker 2: But as a coach, he's.
Speaker 1: Been seeing this guy steady get better doing some of the things that he's been preaching and teaching throughout the weeks. It's showing up on the field and it's showing up in the film room. So I'm loving that.
Speaker 2: I see the maturity myself, Like I can honestly sit yeah, where I'm sitting there and seeing this guy grow.
Speaker 1: I saw a couple of games where he must heart everybody talking about him stepping into the pocket a little more. He did that the next week he regrets a little bit and try to get up out of it. But that's gonna happen. When you were young. Sometimes you in your own head just as much as others in your head. So but I like the mass ration that I've been seeing thus far, I think, besides the sex, and we can put it into that, which is probably not going to be this year. But if we could put the end of that and minimize that, because I think that's really our achilles hell when it comes to those extended drives when you get sacked that many times, no matter how many plus plays you have, that one negative player can damage everything that you you know, you had just went out there and grabbed, you know, So we could put it into that, minimize those and him minimizing just getting rid of the ball, like having to think so long, then then we can see him really, you know, get going around that curve.
Speaker 2: But I but I love him what I'm seeing thus far.
Speaker 1: And Titanna's point, if we can put it into that. Anytime to do that would be right now. The Giants are the last team in sacks.
Speaker 2: They have five of them. Four of them go to one guy. Fibbit though. That's got to give you confidence, right Atlanta, on.
Speaker 4: The thing I'm saying is I know exactly what say them talking about what Eric was talking. The only person that can correct this thing fast is Sam Howe. And that's not that he's right. Sam has mature drastically in all aspects of the game except the sex.
Speaker 3: Because still Sam.
Speaker 4: How the young guy is still thinking, I'm not betting enough to make it happen. But Sam how the quarterback has to understand when that I'm looking for the guy to open, he's not open.
Speaker 3: I got to dump off here.
Speaker 4: The most important thing for any young quarterback is knowing where your where your safety valves are and if they're not open yet, hit it because I don't care who your lyne is. In about three seconds or less, that ball better be fine. When you get around three seconds, you got to be trying to find out the safety valve. And if he does that, he helps his office in line out, which begins to get confidence. Then they blocked better. You know, all of a sudden. Now he can hold it for three point two, it's still don't have to get rid of it. The two point two yea. I think that's the whole thing where he is still. I know what the coach is telling me, but I know I'm good enough to wait and try.
Speaker 3: To make something happen. You're not in college anymore.
Speaker 4: That guy that you can all run. You can't all run the guy this time. The guy that you can wait and slide past him. These guys are much better than that. So you gotta all do everything. You're in time with timing. If you do that, it works out. It was very positive for you.
Speaker 1: And let me add Logan Thomas. He's gonna be one of those guys that you gotta go to him. He I mean, especially with this defense, this defensive front is gonna get out to them too.
Speaker 2: Logan Thomas should be one.
Speaker 1: Of those guys that he get very comfortable with in these future games because you got him right there.
Speaker 2: It's a big guy. You can't miss him. You can throw it, hide whatever you want to throw it at.
Speaker 1: He has a huge catch rad he So find Logan Thomas early and often and get in the rhythm with him. Because he's gonna be the guy that's gonna be able to allow you to get out.
Speaker 2: Of some of those situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and another safety valu which we didn't really talk about a lot coming into this season talking about Terry.
Speaker 2: We talked about Johanna Live, but the safety belt has me. Curtis Kurtie Samuel has kind of shown, especially touchdowns buying. He's the god hero right now, suck yo, So let's sing about him just a little bit. Ten.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start with you talk about Curtis Samy.
Speaker 2: What you see from the young brother? Keep me in New York, right, He's Brooklyn Spine this talk about what you see for the young young kid. I mean, he's the Swiss summer Knight. I mean, what can he not do? You know what I mean? What can he do? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: He's a guy that I don't even necessarily want to see him do anything but just get.
Speaker 2: The ball in his hands. He finds a way to make something happen.
Speaker 1: And I was I was laughing watching the game last week because I'm like, I remember right before we start the season, I was like, hey, we've been talking a lot about Jahann and Terry but don't forget who we got Curtis Samuel over there.
Speaker 2: He's easily really saying he's.
Speaker 1: The number three, but he could be number two on one if we give him opportunity. So it's funny just to see him kind of have that kind of season and not being the guy that we talked about coming into the season.
Speaker 2: But I'm loving what he's been bringing to the team.
Speaker 1: When you look at the Kansas City Chiefs when you had Nicole Hartman there, he's that guy. And to me, he might not be as fast as Nicole Hartman, but he's he's to me more leafal with the ball in his hands. He's a run He's an ex running back, so he knows how to run well between the tackles outside you.
Speaker 2: Know, you name it. But he's just been a valuable asset by offense and he's weak. I believe that e B knows that and that's why his road has grown. And you're be faning Curtis what you're talking about, Curtis a little bit o.
Speaker 4: The thing about it is like when Tayna said about when you look at the offense of Kansas City, they always find a guy who can go back and forth receiver, running back. Yeah, and he fits that exactly. So Curtis came in here, was hurt his first year. Joy Samander is a second.
Speaker 3: He's healthy.
Speaker 4: Yes, oyeah, he's healthy, and now he's doing exactly what he did before he got here.
Speaker 3: He's doing everything we expected him because he's healthy.
Speaker 4: One thing we as fans and as people that cover the team, when someone gets hurt, you don't understand like they're pretiganst.
Speaker 3: The athletes are the highest skill set. Yeah, and when you're hurt, you can't go out there and do something.
Speaker 4: Now he's healthy and he's ready to go with it, and he makes himself available. Listen, Curtis samuels just like Tann and he's a competitor. Do you hurt everybody telling him about Johann you know what I'm talking about terror.
Speaker 3: Although that's his boys, Yo, what about me?
Speaker 2: So he's making sure you get over Yeah, let me get it on the action exactly. Yeah, because he's not only healthy now, he's hungry. And another guy is healthy and.
Speaker 1: Hungry this year and that's really came out going Brian Robinson Granty. He's only had twenty carries the last two games. But now we want to get a giant team that is last against rushing if he gets rushing offenses right, They've given him over one hundred and twenty yards in every game they've played. Rian Robinson hasn't got the ball as much as he's like. I think that's a lot to do with the way that the games have gone. What are you expect to see for Brian Obviously be mean some star run.
Speaker 4: He's gonna run hard. It always does. But they have to have success early, okay. And I say that because when you don't have success early in the running game, you end up getting in third and loan and then that's the hardest down ever. And then the other teams to us, if they move up down there and get scored your young office going, they're gonna say, Okay, I gotta start catching up. Brian Robinson is gonna run hard. They gotta just give him a gap. You saw last week and got the ball in a little in the screen pass. The dude was standing at the two three yard line. Brian like, okay, you're gonna say that. I'm gonna take it ends.
Speaker 3: I expect that from him. And then you look at a young.
Speaker 4: Buck Chris right, Chris Rodriguez come in, he having seven yards to carry.
Speaker 3: He is another one that I know that they love and they want to see.
Speaker 4: So they gotta go out there and make sure early they get some positive yardist to make the coach want a constantly run and then all of a sudden you get that that ballance. I think the Giants have a problem there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think the more we possessed the ball, like if we extend drives, then we have more opportunities to go out there and shove it in his arms, you know what I mean, or put in this belly. You know, when you getting those games, when you're behind, it's hard to say, let's run, you know what I mean. So we find other ways to kind of get to the run streams or finding ways to get those guys outside the you know, backfield so they can catch the ball.
Speaker 2: But if we get.
Speaker 1: In front of the chains a lot and often, then you will see a lot of beat rob And I'm hoping that's what I can.
Speaker 2: Start seeing now that it's getting a little cool out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of ball you want to see. You want to be able to be able to do both. So we're gonna be past happy. You already say all that, but we also have been waiting to really say we had these backs back here at any moment. Now we can just stuff it in their bellies and they can go do what they do. So I'm hoping as long as we continue to possess the football, convert, move the change, then we can rely or see more opportunities to run the ball. And you talk about not playing behind. The Giants have not scored a touchdown in the first.
Speaker 2: Half this seasoning not so ideally.
Speaker 1: You see a team like Dan, you say, Okay, this is the time to get out to that fast start, kind of like we did in Atlanta. Are you guys expecting a fast start? When you guys are you guys have been players? Y'all know teams, y'all see these stats. Do y'all say, Okay, this is a team right here. We're gonna come out just give it to them right away.
Speaker 4: But you want to do that because the same thing that teams have done us got them on us. Then they start running the football because we have to take the chance. If we can go out and get up on them, Now, no one would have to ask about, well, why didn't Brian, get the ball, they'll start feeding the running game.
Speaker 3: Because when you get up on the team, what do they do.
Speaker 4: They're trying to get to the quarterback, they're bissing, they're taking chances, and if you run the football, you can break one on them. I want to see us get up till now we can show it. But most teams that run the ball effectively, they normally have a league and they run the ball to make sure that they're gonna take the time off the clock to limit your opportunities. If we can do something like that, then we can see with this offense truly about I mean, most of us go to you.
Speaker 1: Know, we're we're waiting to see that game plan that first fifteen, so we'll know you can kind of almost know what's gonna happen when you watch that. When you look at that first fifteen, when you get that script on the office, you're like, oh, okay, okay, I see I feel what we're doing right now.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: If I see my number four to five times, oh man, I'm finna get busy. So I'm hoping that that first fifteen is very favorable for our guys to know that hey man, we can do something with this.
Speaker 2: We know what these guys all weaknesses. All we know these guys are capable of of. Well this first fifteen.
Speaker 1: It prayles us to have a productive first, you know, first quarter of place. So that's how you really kind of could go into the game and judge or gauge if you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna have that kind of fast start. Yeah, and we'll hope for a fast start.
Speaker 1: Fellas have had some phones, y'all here, we're out of dairies over in the of the east side of New York meet and the money's at right now, you know.
Speaker 2: But before I let you guys go, you know, we got the game tomorrow. We're gonna be out on the field.
Speaker 1: Gonna be hopping aemy lines when we play the New Yor Giants.
Speaker 2: How I met life?
Speaker 1: What is the key to getting that win? Getting the second consecutive road win, b Minch I was starting.
Speaker 2: With you was the key to win?
Speaker 4: The key is to go out there and don't help the Giants in every game we are lost them last year and we tied.
Speaker 2: We helped them.
Speaker 4: We had time, we had a pensies at the wrong time. We turned the ball over at the wrong time. We allowed them to come and have a sax fumble at the wrong time. We have to make sure we just handle our business. I'm at the point now where I've seen enough good from the scene and the bad to understand. If they play their best game, they win the football gain. If they go out there and mess around and help the other team, they lose. So if they could just go through the game and don't do anything that helped the Giants, they win the football games.
Speaker 2: I mean were on the road.
Speaker 1: So I say this every week, no matter what I'm talking about, I always tell about to turnover bet on. You gotta win that we on the road. It's more pivotal that we do that on the road. But also with that being said, it is you know something that key that that be Missus talked about is on paper we better than these guys. Yeah, so you know enough of us talking about Giants having our you.
Speaker 2: Know, our number. Man, When are you, as a player gonna get into your head that man, I care less about what they've done. It's about right now.
Speaker 1: So go out here and pust these guys in the mount and be that team that you can be. We haven't played our best game yet. Offensively, all defensively, all special teams wise, why not tomorrow be that be that guy, be that team tomorrow, play your best in all three favorites phases and show the giants that not so fast.
Speaker 2: We know what you did to us before, but not today.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You heard it from slide from Man. Be the team you are meant to be. I love this team.
Speaker 1: Right here. We will be back on the field in matt Life or Command Center pregame, and we will also be giving you all the actions you need to know about postgame.
Speaker 2: Me Venish San Santa Mars. This is Command Center Special.
Speaker 1: York and discip presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 2: We have had so much fun here. We're gonna have a few drinks. We gonna have a little more fun going tomorrow. Gave it. We always want nothing but the best r command We out.
Speaker 1: The Man Center on the Road that New York is brought to you by the Northwest Federal Credit Union, the official credit union of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: We invite you to stop search AGA and go Northwest. Check out NWFCU dot org slash.
Speaker 1: Washington to see how easy it is to join and how Northwest can help make your money work for you, to stop buy brands, to visit NWSCU dot org, slash Washington Today