Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines. He is Hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff, where flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: Happy Newion twenty twenty five has a rived you Looking live at Tostito's Chip. Oh, they got rid of the presents. There's one kind of poor pitiful present opened up.
Speaker 1: Wow, gift. That's the gift of one gift.
Speaker 3: Look alive at Tostido Champion Hipplous outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas. Where it is a beautiful day. It's fifty six degrees. It's sunny. The highest sixty, the low is thirty six.
Speaker 1: Is shinning. That is Nate.
Speaker 4: I like that shirt, Kurt. That is Kirt in the back of Chris being keeping his live and local. I am Salt and Pepper Poppy. Together we make hanging with the boys the sports talk equivalent broll people.
Speaker 3: When we we got some company in the back. Brought to you each and every day by wing Stuff. Flavor gets its Wei school still out? How are y'all? How was New Year's I want to hear all about it?
Speaker 5: Nate?
Speaker 1: What'd you do in the bed? By eight?
Speaker 6: They're sleep by ten? Up at twelve? All the guns popping?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh they shooting five crackers? I said, there's a few guns. Lucky in the house, Kurt, pretty.
Speaker 5: Quiet home watching movies. Didn't do much.
Speaker 3: And what movies do you watch?
Speaker 7: That's Saturday Night Live one, the one that talked about the beginning first show.
Speaker 1: So I hadn't heard about that. It's good, sorry, Jesse Church.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all night, all night till what time to twelve?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: Really? Church to twelve?
Speaker 1: That's twelve to twelve, the house and the trouble over the twelve? What did you do? I?
Speaker 3: Gray was asleep at eight thirty. I thought he was going to wake up before midnight. He woke up at three thirty. So I played video games till three thirty and then we went back to sleep.
Speaker 1: So you know what, man did? You'll tell each other howpy new you own a game? Like why game?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: They so if you were playing the game? Nobody so many something at midnight?
Speaker 3: Backpack buddy, somebody we got a new owner of the backpack. Who he's upstairs?
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, yeah, But if you were playing in the game, if you were in Fortnite in different time zones, every midnight, no matter what you were doing.
Speaker 3: Your guy would You could be in a battle and your guy would lock up and a disco ball would light up over his head and he would start dancing and fireworks would go off for about what five or ten seconds? Chris, Yeah, about and then whatever you were doing, you go rock that's dope.
Speaker 1: The top of my clothing line. Yes, you look nice.
Speaker 6: He had a clothes line at one point time. Yeah, this is clothing is what color is. But yeah, black clothing line. You can't see us.
Speaker 4: But he actually did have a clothes little We were actually dressed and when if you go back in the show, any clothes that we were dressed in outside of the uniform workout stuff was Michael Line yep?
Speaker 7: Interesting?
Speaker 3: Well, well with the old year, he saw the departure of his boy cowboy great Ezekiel Elliott for the second time asked for his release. I'm assuming he did that in case somebody wanted to pick him up going into the playoffs, right, he wasn't gonna be around here?
Speaker 1: Is that? What is that?
Speaker 3: What happens?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not sure who would pick him up? Commanders?
Speaker 1: You know what? You know what, at least.
Speaker 6: Everybody is going along with the same line. Yes, at least everybody's.
Speaker 1: Fellas the company.
Speaker 6: We did not make the playoffs because we were not a very good team. It ain't like this dude is Joe Burrows?
Speaker 8: Okay, so he if he could have changed his scene, well, the reality is you were.
Speaker 3: Second slash third stream.
Speaker 10: Running back on a come That's what I'm not good, thank you, And I'm saying to myself, finally got cured.
Speaker 7: Have had any kind of inclination that maybe there's a I mean, why else.
Speaker 1: Would he do it?
Speaker 5: It just doesn't want to.
Speaker 4: It was a musically my coach, my coach, my co host made a good point this morning, Jeff Cavanaugh. He said, probably because they came to him and was like, listen, last game of the season, we're probably gonna try to.
Speaker 1: Give yes, you know, cooks. And maybe it was a little tink tink, Dame.
Speaker 3: I would love love to suit Jesse up and line him up across ten yards across from tink tinking. You see who see who work.
Speaker 6: You get him because if you see how he built, he don't want no.
Speaker 1: POSSI gest you're getting one play after that? No, that's about it. Yeah, yeah, you think you got one.
Speaker 4: I got, I got, I got, I got three plays in me about it.
Speaker 6: After I got to see that, the one play to get there, one place to actually do it, and one place to walk back.
Speaker 1: You'd be like Nate, would you say zero to four yards? You could beat anybody, that's right, You rode a four yard.
Speaker 4: But it was just like, we're probably not gonna dress you this week, and that's the case. It's probably like, you know, just let me go, let me go. I mean, I don't have to come to me to practice, you know what I'm saying. If I'm not gonna play on Sunday, then don't don't. I don't want to stand on the sideline and the street clothes and you know, just just go ahead and do us hall of fever. Let me not be a bothersome to you this week.
Speaker 1: Let me not.
Speaker 3: That just seems if that, if that is the case, that just seems like a that is.
Speaker 6: More of a real case than what everybody else is putting up.
Speaker 3: That's the case. Though, that just doesn't seem finish out the season with the he probably your career, finish out your career with the team.
Speaker 1: That claimed in uh in waivers. So no one claimed him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that just seems like he was he was on the minimum, I believe, right.
Speaker 1: I want to say, you pick up their contract of you Yeah, I mean yeah, that just.
Speaker 3: Seems so question for you guys. I know my answer, but I'll throw it out there because Kurt put it in there. I think he's a Ring of Honor worthy because he had he had a good, solid career. But then.
Speaker 1: So all right, so here's the thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, so okay, And that's like the thing about the Ring of Honor. What makes it so unique it's there is no true criteria. No, no, no, it's what Jerry feels.
Speaker 3: It's like what's today, There's no there's.
Speaker 1: No criteria to what and who goes in. It's what Jerry did.
Speaker 4: Because if we're talking about criteria, then Jimmy should have been in long before.
Speaker 1: Was it last year? Year before?
Speaker 4: Lasts long before that. So it's it's all about because then you ask the question, well, if Zeke goes in, is dez Bryant ringavonad Worthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean, there's a lot of guys who you can actual. Yeah, I got asked about witting to I.
Speaker 4: Think I think Witton gets in. But like Zeke's right now is third all time on the Russian list. Right, well there's this number one in touchdowns, right and so like there's a Zeke's a two time Rush champion and yeah, so there's always it's all about who.
Speaker 1: And Jerry wakes up, what does he feel?
Speaker 3: Who is not in right now that you would put in my current players the last twenty years, fifteen, twenty years, twenty Witten.
Speaker 7: His time isn't up, kid, I mean, well, I guess, like I said, it's tiring.
Speaker 6: They prefer you put the guy in the ring on him before they Hall of Fame, Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: They preferred kind of.
Speaker 6: Like a prerequisite, right yeah, before or I like the Ring of honor.
Speaker 1: How it is, man and it ain't. Nobody did nothing.
Speaker 6: To get in there, none of them, none of them.
Speaker 5: What do you mean.
Speaker 6: Good? It's just great, nah, outstanding, excellent. Yeah, yeah, if you took that long to put the original number eighty eighty and he was excellent.
Speaker 1: He was a playmaker.
Speaker 6: He did it all. He made it all decadeen. Come on, now, bro, if he take you eighty years to put him in, he should take ninety five of the dudes.
Speaker 3: Should you have to win a super Bowl to be in the Ring of Honor?
Speaker 1: Not necessarily?
Speaker 3: Well, I guess if you were a transcendent guy like Calvin Johnson or somebody like that, obviously you go in. But you have to get close, right Marcus on one?
Speaker 1: No curse? Where what you mentioned in namespose? All right? I don't know if he's in. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think he is. I think I think Romo's on the fence. If Romo goes in, I think Jerry would have to put him in because Jerry found him. I think that would be the reason why.
Speaker 1: Unless Jerry said so, it's all about.
Speaker 6: Who do he give that mantle to? And he eventually well, I'm just saying he's a Jerry guy.
Speaker 3: So if he doesn't get in with Jerry, I don't think he ever gets in after that.
Speaker 4: I think it's tough but Tony, because he's just the playoffs success isn't there, you know, Like it's just it's tough, is.
Speaker 7: The twenty first century Danny White.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm because the kick but didn't but Danny White did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not saying Romo's going in. I mean you got Danny and Danny would I mean.
Speaker 3: Romo Bell broke all Danny's records, so passing records do this. I think he's on the I think Witton's in. I think Zeke is not. I think Romo's iffy, And then I think that's it. And then obviously Zach Martin.
Speaker 6: Last who was the last one to go into the rings won you Wire and Jimmy Johnson and for the next forty five years, that should be the last of it.
Speaker 5: There's no old time do you think should go in a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one hundred, but that's not it. It's people.
Speaker 6: If you check, a lot of these guys resumed in the years that they played and the outstanding players that they were there, what what resume resume whatever?
Speaker 1: Whatever? Yeah, but you know what it is the same.
Speaker 3: Well, that's how they feels about it. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't know.
Speaker 6: You feel like, see how your boy looked that from No, No, I don't want to hear that. You you want to get you a good laugh.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get that in. We're gonna get the last.
Speaker 6: When you make your mistake, you let me know.
Speaker 1: There ain't no pass. If you didn't, would Ransom made yes, you didn't, you know, I would feel some kind of way.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't you know he wasn't paying attention to the show if you checked out.
Speaker 1: If you didn't, I'll be like you let me get away with that.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you no passes on this show.
Speaker 1: We we we when you keeping it real.
Speaker 6: The thing that has made the cowboys running the Cowboys, that's Super Bowls. The thing that made a special for a long time now is you know when you sell that right there so hard fans don't forget. So when you stopped putting people into your select ring of vonn and how you have to be glorified this those questions are gonna be the ones they put in the forefront. Well, he ain't do this, He ain't get to the MC championship.
Speaker 1: This guy is.
Speaker 6: Just freeze and let's see if you can get somebody going in the right direction.
Speaker 1: You know that's what I agree with you, all right?
Speaker 3: Pro Bowl five guys made it. Aubrey Lamb, Parsons, Smith.
Speaker 6: And Turps knew I was on the right world when I said it resume, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna let it slide. Look at him and he was laughing.
Speaker 6: And then he figured out the spelling, and then Jesse over.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I knew what you meant, what you mentioned the groove.
Speaker 1: Don't forget the accent in that.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Don't forget the accent in that you gotta.
Speaker 3: I was like, see laughing, it's okay for me to know.
Speaker 1: It's if you laugh from the start. If you didn't say it twice, you just would have said it once. Yeah, it would would have been okay. But you doubled down or a.
Speaker 6: Double down that's when you you know, thanks.
Speaker 3: K what do they call it?
Speaker 6: Until d But if I had hit it three times, if I hit it, if I hit it three times, you would have let it go.
Speaker 3: Non stopped the show.
Speaker 1: I would have been more.
Speaker 6: Like, Hey, that package these people something that you said it was a note in this package.
Speaker 1: Where was the note?
Speaker 3: I don't know you now?
Speaker 1: Hours ago.
Speaker 6: No, No, my wife took the things when she moved it, so it went out of my sight. And so yesterday I'm like, okay, So I saw the box.
Speaker 1: And it was empty.
Speaker 6: I say, baby, it was a note in that box that I was supposed to get with these people. And I say, you took it out of my site. So I said, I gotta go apologize. Tell these people, you know, thank you for the gifts and apologize.
Speaker 3: I'll just give them to resent.
Speaker 1: It's in the whole box.
Speaker 6: Not the whole box, just to know. And I apologize. I really do, I really do apologize. You gave me that two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: No big deal.
Speaker 1: You be like you, you be tunnel vision. You lock in on what you lock in on, and if that thing is out of your periphery, you get out of my resume. You know what.
Speaker 3: That should just be the default word, not anything. Doesn't even have to doesn't even have to be by the resume or resuming.
Speaker 1: Just you know, I got I need.
Speaker 3: I need to go down to the bathroom and resume myself. Anybody that should have made the Pro Bowl that didn't. Anybody that made it they shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's good, it's good.
Speaker 4: Is the best returner is the best kicker, Mica is my CD has been a dog, and you know, Toyler has just been quietly doing folks, so nobody else.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, okay this game.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break.
Speaker 3: We did we did enough for the first second. Let's take a break when we come back to.
Speaker 1: Resume the show right after this. Hanging with the.
Speaker 11: Boys House, Wingstop Sound, Crispy Juicy, Classic Wings, Sausty tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch.
Speaker 1: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 11: Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 6: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 1: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Ordering now by downloading the Wings Stop out Ordering online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 12: Hey, Cowboys fans are twenty twenty four football season is here and set gig is here to help you experience all the action in seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 1: Whether you're buying or.
Speaker 12: Selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works.
Speaker 1: Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 13: Cow about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate. Thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets, they sure make game day special. And for every purchase of the new Tyson Cowboys Nuggets this holiday season, Tyson Foods will donate one dollar to the Salvation Army up to one hundred thousand dollars. As you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 12: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We've got fans all across a big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smearenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home are away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys, smear enof we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to Hanging with the bulls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each in every show by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Kurt.
Speaker 3: Yes, swing by your local seven to eleven and grab your favorite item from the roller grill and enjoy a big gulp oh big golf, sir, for just eighty nine cents valid of participating stores. Fill up and get ready for game day, the last game of the season, and we are the what is it the second to last show? Yeah, daily show of the season. Yes, did you start your past yet?
Speaker 1: You see it?
Speaker 3: How's it going so far?
Speaker 4: One day in I'm getting tired, Like I'm getting tired today, Like I can feel Did.
Speaker 3: You start yesterday? What's the just nothing but water?
Speaker 5: The next week?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's the where you hit? What day do you hit bottom? And then you start bouncing back? Day three's bottom, you bottom out in the day four, you start coming out.
Speaker 1: Of the three as hell Day three tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow too.
Speaker 4: That just now, like that doesn't bother me, Like I walked down to the caf and got water. So like the food stuff doesn't bother me. Just your energy level.
Speaker 1: But it's just my energy level.
Speaker 3: And then like the headaches, I could, I could tell you dragging a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, your energy is alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lower tomorrow, so it'd be a good show tomorrow for our last show of the year.
Speaker 1: Just drag me. I don't have to backpack me. You don't have to, Nate, bring a backpack. You got to backpack me, big boy? Cool?
Speaker 3: Thanks Nate. Moving on a long week, Yeah, it's gonna be a long day tomorrow, Trey Lance, At this point, does it even matter? Would you start him? Would you not? Like I think you, I mean, you're kind of damned if you do. Damned if you don't. If you put him out there, you're gonna get You're gonna get some.
Speaker 1: Heat for.
Speaker 3: Again. It brings up though, why did we give up before th round? And then if he goes out there and he lights out, it's like, oh, yeah, why didn't you do this earlier? Why did you know? And then and then do you what's the point of putting him out there? Would you put him out there this game?
Speaker 13: Kurt?
Speaker 7: There's an interesting tweet out about.
Speaker 1: No, you got it, you got it, You on it. You're on it. You're on it.
Speaker 5: Cooper Rush.
Speaker 7: If he plays fifty five percent of the team snaps this year, he gets a five hundred thousand dollars bonus. Right now, he's at fifty two point five, so he basically has to play the entire game to get over fifty five percent.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Does that count against the cap yep?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 7: And do you let the show good faith and say thanks for you know, guiding the ship while we're down, and say here, take care of your your snaps, or do you say.
Speaker 4: I said, I know one person that wants all the snaps to want I think he just like two hundred and fifty thousand, like forty seven percent or something like that.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 3: So how terrible would it be if they let him play like a half and then pulled him out where.
Speaker 14: He was like one percentage point snaps from I've never I never prayed for a player to get hurt before in my life, But if I was in that soilent they did that to me, I'll be I'll be invoking all of his prayers I can.
Speaker 1: And be like ankle, ankle, Hey God, I need to get back in there for just gave out. Would y'all play him?
Speaker 3: Is there any upside to play in him playing Trey? Yeah? No at this point. No, what's the point, right, there's no point, you're there's no point because if he goes out and the lights out, are you bringing him back?
Speaker 5: There could be a preseason game anyway. So what are you gonna learn?
Speaker 1: We learned already. We saw him in three of them. Yeah, he threw We saw him so five interceptions in one of them.
Speaker 3: Nate told us about what is about nine weeks ago that he wasn't talking about that anymore, and he's right, he's still not.
Speaker 4: Talking about It's just I don't I don't see there's nothing that he can do good.
Speaker 1: There's nothing he can do good enough that will change the thought process.
Speaker 4: Right, Like, if you're saying to me that in week eighteen that his performance will determine anything, then what were you doing in the last seventeen weeks? Like you you evaluate him in the classroom, you saw him on the scout team.
Speaker 6: You know what you have?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Part of the reason, not a part of a large majority of the reason why Trey Lance isn't playing, because you know what you have and if he was, because remember we went a month, we went six weeks. If you add the buy into that where we didn't have a victory six weeks, we I don't think we won in the month of October.
Speaker 1: Was it October? Yeah, don't think we won the month of October. If you were looking for a change, a spark, a new wrinkle, or what have you, he would have been in there.
Speaker 3: Well did you have you have?
Speaker 6: You have?
Speaker 4: You had every you had every reason to go, hey, we need to change, we need a new spark, we need we need we need to do something different than what we've been doing the last six weeks where we did not get.
Speaker 1: A victory and they didn't. That is that is where it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tells a picture and and I don't I don't see the point. This is true, Cooper rush job. Let them go ahead and finish it.
Speaker 1: What do you think me now?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's no Like Jesse said, there's no to me, there's no upside. The only from the organizational standpoint, the only only bad juju can happen if you play them. It's like and I think you know what you guys kind of like Coach McCarthy, I think you know, I think they know what they're gonna do after the season. I don't think this game unless you just go out there and you lose sixty to nothing. I think they know what they're doing. They're gonna do the say the right things and follow the right protocols. But I think they know if they're I think they know who's coming back and who's not. You know, I don't think this game. I don't think this game means anything unless they just completely laid out and.
Speaker 1: Even there, I don't even meant I don't think that even matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they know what this game is.
Speaker 4: This is this is well week eighteen. This game means app literally nothing. I mean, it mean something to them. We can play, we can spoil and get give them a lesser seed and have them have to travel to Philadelphia, because right now, that's what Washington is at. It's it's they're trying to maintain that six or seven seed. Seven seed, you gotta go to Philadelphia, sixth seed, you gotta you gotta play the Rams, so.
Speaker 1: You pick your poison, you know what I mean. You gotta go with the Rams.
Speaker 3: So you know, that's that's the thing. So for them, I don't. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean much to the cowboys. So whether they go out there and they may go out there and put up a stinker, they may not. But and then and then at the end of the day, how many guys can you rest? Can't rest that many with the six eight, can't rest that many. So a lot of you guys are gonna.
Speaker 1: Have to play. There's always a chance of injury.
Speaker 4: So you're gonna you're gonna dress out all your linemen, all your lineman gonna dress out. Got you gotta have ten of them, uh eight and whatever, but all of them gonna dress out. But I mean, we the trade lance experiment. It's got to just talk this, like Jerry said last week when he talked about basically making the mistake of you know, well just sometimes you just can't, you know, plug and play guys. You know what I'm saying, draft him and all of a sudden he's you know, this is the next thing that you have to admit that.
Speaker 1: You were that just didn't go right for you.
Speaker 4: You you you gamble on a guy who you thought and whether that whether that gamble had anything to do with you were trying to level the playing field or gain some leverage with Dak Prescott to see if he would fold or not if that was that was the case.
Speaker 1: But you you gambled the dude who did not come up the way you thought he would.
Speaker 3: You know something that's was mind blowing to me today when I heard it, and I just looked it up to see some other guys that you heard on Instagram. No, I heard it on the radio.
Speaker 1: You one for one on you one for one on that. I am though.
Speaker 3: Isn't that a crazy status? Like there's no way that's possible you want for one of that? Thanks Kurt for backing me up, because we would have just dismissed that. If you want to back me up. Sam Darnold's younger than both Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson. I thought Sam Donald was an old dude. Other quarterbacks that are that are older than Sam Donald, Kyler Murray. That makes sense, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen Baker, Mayfield, Jared Goff.
Speaker 1: So what are the ages?
Speaker 3: Sam Donald's twenty seven, Burrow's twenty seven, Lamar's twenty seven, But I guess by and so it was Kyler Murray, but by years, I guess by months.
Speaker 1: He's he's younger.
Speaker 3: So that blew my mind when I heard it earlier today. So let's talk about the quarterback position. Jade and Daniels another young guy. When we come back from our break. I want to get y'all thoughts. Is he the real deal and is what he's doing sustainable with the way that he plays the game. Also a pro bowler when we come back on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 11: How's wing Stop sound Krispy Juicy Classic wings?
Speaker 1: Sawston talk us.
Speaker 11: That those a letting, soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop ridge. I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 6: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys. Order now by downloading the wings Stop out or ordering online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 15: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing. Don't worry even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 1: Scott slides for the first down.
Speaker 15: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 15: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 13: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day food dudes with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yokiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 12: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, A twenty twenty four football season is here and seed Gig is here to help you experience all the action. Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed Gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed Geek.
Speaker 3: Hanging with the Boys, Welcome backa final way, final second brought you, Big brought dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Man, let's presume the show.
Speaker 1: I gotta do a shout out. I gotta give a shout out to Lee Lee.
Speaker 4: I saw Lee at the movies. This man a couple of days ago, maybe a week ago.
Speaker 3: Male or female?
Speaker 1: Male? Male? Okay male? So he watches the show. Big fan, what's up? Shout out to Lee?
Speaker 4: Uh, appreciate your brother took a picture and everything, all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: They're everywhere our listeners.
Speaker 1: Thanks for you.
Speaker 6: Never know.
Speaker 1: My p's and q's. Man, I'm always my best behavior.
Speaker 3: What movie did you see?
Speaker 1: Are you allowed to do? Close?
Speaker 13: It?
Speaker 3: Was it a I didn't know if it was one of those black light theaters or what's.
Speaker 1: A black light theater. Don't worry about you, Oh black light. Oh I thought he was being racist my fault. No, I'm like, wait, what's that?
Speaker 3: Not at all, not that you are racist.
Speaker 1: The other time, but I just didn't, like, you know, anyway to.
Speaker 3: Show okay, visible all right, Jade Daniels real deal, real, real deal? Or do you think is what he's doing is sustainable? Do you think he's or is this a is he going to have a sophomore slump after this year now that there's tape out on him and people kind of figured out because he's been playing really well, runs really well, seize the field really well. I didn't think he was going to be a good NFL quarterback because he's so he's so thin, man, he just looks frail. But proved me wrong. He had a hell of a year. What do you guys think?
Speaker 1: I think? I think.
Speaker 4: I don't think the running at that the way he runs is sustainable. But he's more than good enough now. It's it will be it will be very important that going forward for dan Quinn to continue to put good talent around him, because that's when these guys begin to struggle. It's it's when I when I when I don't have the pieces now right now. You have Terry McLaurin, and you have Diami Brown, you have Zach Ertz was getting older and the cash you know, Luke McCaffrey.
Speaker 1: But you know, you got to just.
Speaker 4: Continue to find ways to put talent around him, keep that roster building, keep that roster growing. H If he has a talent around him, Yeah, I think you know, Washington has found their guy. They found their guy for the next ten twelve years.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: His only thing that I think that will hinder him is the is the body breaking down. And it's it's easy when you're young, but those hits are they take a toll.
Speaker 5: So he has to learn sixth or something in sacks. Taking something like that pretty high.
Speaker 3: So all right, and uh, the other pro bowler or another pro bowler on their team. What do you think about Daniels Nate.
Speaker 6: Everything everything? Jesse said, that kid is accurate, man, Yeah, the kid is accurate. That's what we look for in the league. Anticipation, accuracy. You know, if he if he knows, if he makes up his mind, he can get it there and he can put it there on time. I like to and to be honest, I did not know anything about this kid coming out of l s U from Arizona. I didn't, and uh every way he's being coaches are spoken highly of him. So uh, I just think, man, you know will like the kid down off the Texas kid. Everybody's trying to put well, he ain't this his second year where his offensive line ain't either, And that goes to what Jess said, that's your premium man.
Speaker 1: You know he can be very special where you keep him special.
Speaker 6: That that that bothers me about this about this league, they always find a way to take their best talent and destroy it like Cincinnati is trying to do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take a hard left turn since we're talking about quarterback position. If you're the Cowboys, you've got Dak, you sign him to all the You sign him to the big contract, right, you sign him all the money. He's starting to have a history of injuries, right, he's starting to get bitten by the injury bug, right, and they're and they're not small injuries. One more big injury and you really have to start, I think, looking at the quarterback position, right, like, Okay, this is becoming a pattern, regardless how much money you have tied up, you have to start thinking about, like, what are we doing in the future? Right if you're the Cowboys, are you thinking about that? You have to be thinking about that now, right, like because it ruins your season, Like you would have made the playoffs if Dak even all the other injuries. I think you would have made the playoffs with the way the season wound up if he would have been healthy, because I think he's worth what two to three games by itself, maybe three to four just him. So if he gets hurt again next year, that wrecks another season. And you have all these assets and all this invested around him. But when he goes down, your season goes down the toilet. Are you starting to think about.
Speaker 1: How do you address that?
Speaker 3: Because Cooper Rush is not the answer to get you into the playoffs. Trey Lance obviously isn't the answer. Do you go sign a really good, solid veteran guy. Do you address it in the draft? Do you have so much money he tied up with him that you can't do either one?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 3: What are you doing if you're the Cowboy? Do you wait till after this year? Where Stevens already said twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five. We're gonna are gonna be tough. You know, they're not gonna go make a big investment at the backup spot. Like how are you how are you thinking that through as an organization?
Speaker 4: And see the frustrating is the frustrating thing is is And Jeff said this this morning as well. You smoke away these fourth round picks, and this is the round where you can go and get that backup quarterback. That's where you got that guy, right, Like, that's when you go find a guy like that, But you smoke it away. You put it out there on a mingo who's I don't know how much his value will return on that, but.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: You don't come into the season thinking about injury, right, you know what I mean? Like no team truly prepares themselves for a backup quarterback situation. You try to have the guy that you're most familiar with and that you know maybe can best run your system, or who played the best out of the guys that you had in training camp.
Speaker 1: But I forget who it was it was. It was it was a Cults.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was. It definitely wasn't It definitely wasn't what's the black coach from the Colts. I think it was more whoever was before him, Dungee. Yeah, it wasn't Dungee. But they said, you know, like, we don't, we don't prepare, we don't we don't game plan for the backup quarterback. Like we lose that quarterback, we're screwed. That's just about it. You know, mostly all the teams. So I don't know how you truly prepare it. Because anybody who is close to your starter will be a starter somewhere else. So anytime you get to the backup, you're screwed. Like you're just screwed that that's just the nature of the beast. You can hope and Cooper Rush, I mean he's like, I think Cooper Rush might be like twelve and five in his seventeen starts that he's had so far, he has a winning percentage as a starter, or twelve and six or something like that. But I mean, Cooper Rush has been fine in the sense of just idea with the backup quarterback. But you don't go into the year thinking Dak's gonna get hurt again. You're going in saying let's keep him healthy, because if he is healthy, he gives us the best.
Speaker 5: Chance to win rush is nine and five. Jim Caldwell was that the coach.
Speaker 3: Jim Cardwell, Yeah, but don't you have to at some point soon start thinking about or I guess the question would be how how soon do you start thinking about the next step? Because the next may.
Speaker 4: Think about it every year like it's it's a it's a conversation every year. You like, now, how much how many of the research you want to put into it? Again, like I said earlier, that fourth round pick is usually a good spot where you can go get a guy. He becomes your career backup or whatever.
Speaker 1: But you.
Speaker 4: And this goes back to proper team building. If your team is built right and you've done things the right way the season before, barring any major injuries that will keep guys out from the season starting, you're not drafting for so much so much need, and that the Cowboys coming in this draft, you're drafting because you need offensive lineman, you need defensive lineman, you need another corner, you need another receiver, you need a running back, you need another linebacker.
Speaker 1: So you go in with so much need, is that you don't have a chance.
Speaker 4: To throw that dart at that quarterback in the fifth round, because you need for your fifth round pick to be a part of what you're doing going forward. And so that's that's that's the part where the Cowboys put themselves in a bad situation. And that's why I think Cooper Rush keeps a job because they find themselves with so much need that you can't throw a dark at the guy in the fourth or fifth round because those picks have become essential in your roster building.
Speaker 7: I would think unless they replaced coaching staff and all that, the Rush did one rush back bad. I mean, who knows what happened. They got a new coordinator, new offense, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously, I mean they're thinking about it because they gave away that fourth round and for Trey Lance didn't work out. But you're, you know, I guess you're always evaluating, trying to see what's out there. Just one of y'all's thoughts on you know, do you do you try to get a guy? Are you looking next year in the draft or this draft?
Speaker 1: This year?
Speaker 3: I guess all that year, all the above. All thanks for resuming your attendance on the show. Nate Noy, is there anything you want to talk about the last two minutes of the show.
Speaker 1: You know, I just really like how you guys have handled yourself today. Yes, been in order.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, Curt. Anything you want to add to the show?
Speaker 5: How can I top all this?
Speaker 3: Well, I think we're done, Jesse, good show. I hope you feel better. Nate, thanks for contributing and wearing your Michael Urban line of clothing.
Speaker 1: One thing, but the one thing that was very good and very consistent was just giving man Jess.
Speaker 3: Jesse, thank you low energy, but right on. Boy got a little cloudy there at the end. He got that brain five going, But you can do yep. Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. Thanks for all the company in the back, for attending the show and letting us resume on our schedule. Yes, sir Josh Jazz, I don't know if you're back there today because they haven't been in the bag. But thanks for keving Chris and the Little Beams company. Uh see you on a fortnite tonight, and we will see you tomorrow for the last show of the year. It's going to be bittersweet tomorrow. Are we bringing gifts tomorrow? What are we doing tomorrow. Anybody beer, alcohol, French fries, honey buns, roller grill.
Speaker 1: I don't know who say shoulder pain.
Speaker 3: I said champagne, Champagne, champagne. Don't tune in to see what we do tomorrow for the last all Yeah, everybody tell us about the whole show.
Speaker 1: Computer is he don't call it a computer.
Speaker 3: You can call if you want to, you call Chris baby. I got it all right, fellows, good stuff, See you tomorrow. Last show of the year on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.