Speaker 1: Unfortunately.
Speaker 2: I think that I got like thirty people. Yeah, I saw another another like local media guy had the same thing. What's his name A Cash? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it true? Yesterday was your first Veterans Day.
Speaker 2: Off ever, it's my first one. It only took twelve years, but I embraced it. It's strange a little bit. Yeah, I had to. I had to ask Christian for tips. He's uh, he's well versed in him. But yeah, No, it was. Uh, It's something Kyle and I had talked about before training camp, about mixing a few in this year, and you know, I think it was. It was good for me. I felt fresh today.
Speaker 3: Branch Night was just in here talking about kick return stuff. We've seen you and Deebo kind of working together. Yeah, what's your what's your take on just kind of the new rule and maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah and be involved in Yeah, I think it's it's super interesting and just my gut feeling is that I think it's gonna be like a much bigger play than a lot of people anticipate. There's like some real opportunities for big plays and I think I think I could I could help in that. I think Debo could definitely help in that. I think we could be a good combo back there because there's a lot of moving parts and uh there, there has to be kind of a natural feel for those returners back there and and sometimes it's just you know, things that you just have to be able to play off each other well. And I think we do that good. But I'm I'm really excited. I think this could be a really big deal and could really change field position.
Speaker 3: What a natural feel? Is there an element of just like it feels like an offensive play, particularly with you and Debo.
Speaker 2: It really is a lot it's it's basically a wide zone play once you get the ball in your hands. But I think that's gonna be one of the hardest thing is is getting the ball in your hands. I think it's gonna be kind of a game of keep away. I think the the kickers are really going to try and mix it up with different balls and make it hard to field and all that kind of stuff. But once you get that ball, it's really like a wide zone where you know you're you're pressing your gap and cutting off of people. And yeah, I do kind of see it like an offensive play as.
Speaker 1: Far as days off, do you and you know the team in general have to look ahead to January and you know, possibly playing deep into January, And are you sort of looking at that now and sort of kind of gauging where you'll.
Speaker 2: Be right right, Like yes and no, Like I'm not necessarily like thinking specifically about January and all that, but I do think we're all very conscious and more aware of how long of a season it is and how long of seasons has been for us the last you know, four or five years, and you do need to like think about that now in pacing yourself. It's so like yesterday, you know, it's our first day in pads, and I'm like, even it's my off Dave, but I'm like, I'm itching to get out there because you're just natural competitors, your football players. Like first day of pads is like a kind of a ceremonious day. But you got to remind yourself, like, all right, me going out and proving myself here on the first day of pads, what are we doing like that, That's not the goal. The goal is to be healthy throughout the season and deep into the season, and so you know, managing those reps early on will help that down the road.
Speaker 1: And you look back at last season. Is there any thought that the way that you began the playoffs, which I think everybody agrees wasn't quite your peak against Green Bay and early on against the Lions. Did that have anything to do with season long fatigue or was it the Week seventeen game or I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, honestly, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's Uh, it's tough to say yeah, because we you know, we kind of had that Week seventeen where not everybody played and we had a bye week. But you're always you're always juggling health versus rhythm, and you know what to do in those scenarios. But I think you guys can tell me for sure, But I think the math would say that health and like people who have that bye week typically the math has said that they're they have a better chance of making the super Bowl. So I think it's smart to to rest guys and have them healthy. But you know, you're always playing that game at rhythm versus freshness.
Speaker 3: You were pretty uh eloquent. I thought after the super Bowl, talking to meet the immediate aftermath about the need to come back and try again. And then you go through an offseason that as a contract thing that couldn't have been real fun for you to go through while other guys are cashing in the opposite direction in terms of money. What what was your thought process and in putting all that together and coming.
Speaker 2: Back, Yeah, I had a lot of thoughts and and and it it it changed as the days went on, you know, obviously, Like I wasn't too happy when I was first presented with that, but it's one of those things that you kind of have to work through it. And at the end of the day, like I feel like I have the best opportunity in the world to play here for the Niners, and and I do think that I'm still I'm being I'm being taken care of, you know, in a good ways as a fullback on this team, and I'm I am happy with my role and uh yeah, like you know, my ego took some shots. But at the end of the day, I want to be on a team that all these superstars are getting paid that this, you know, more money, because that means they did something pretty good the year before, and I feel part of that. So all in all, you know, I'm just I'm just happy to be on this team and have another opportunity to go win a Super Bowl. Does it feel like business issues are sort of hanging over this team in a way that it hasn't in the past seven years? No, just because I feel like every year there's kind of been someone in that position. So honestly, I feel kind of well versed in it, and it's it really is something that like in the locker room, we don't take personally and we understand, like, you know, guys go through that stuff and a lot of guys have gone through it ourselves, So I think there's a good understanding in the locker room of it.
Speaker 1: When you know, rock Cat four of his final five passes intercepted today.
Speaker 2: The one he did it was to you, But yeah, they what's his demeanor like and because this is camp where you should try.
Speaker 1: To fit things into windows? Does he dismiss it? Does he does that competitive rage come out of him? It just seems like he understands his camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Quite Honestly, I didn't really observe him after that, so I can't say exactly, but just kind of going off of just Brock, you know, the three years that I've been with them that, I mean, he's a super competitive guy and he expects a lot of himself, but he always seems to handle those things well. You know, he's not throwing a temper, tantrum or anything like that, but he's still hard on himself and and generally stays pretty positive. So I didn't see him exactly, but that's what i'd expect.
Speaker 1: What do you think of the new guys in the room with Taylor and Grendo?
Speaker 2: And been impressed, Been really impressed with those guys. I think we have a really special running back room. I quite honestly, I think this is the best running back room I've ever been in, from top to bottom. I think we got some really good players and been particularly impressed with Cody Schrader. He's works his absolute tail off. He's very intelligent, and he goes out there and just plays a good, consistent, clean game, and we've really enjoyed having him. But all those guys have been impressive. They're all very smart, do things the right way, and I love our room.
Speaker 3: It was it was a little tough day for Brock, but it's really his first off season being in training camp but getting all the reps. Where do you see him compared to what he.
Speaker 1: Was like last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I think I've seen improvement even you know, if if if he had a few picks today. In general, I feel like Brock has has improved.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, the confidence seems to be there more. The the arm strength seems to be there a little bit more. I think, you know, putting the pads on the path, the pass rush starts to get a little more real. So it may take a day or two to adjust. But I'm not here to make excuses for Brock, so I'm sure he'll speak on that. But uh, I expect only good things from him.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Thanks