Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Things get messy out at a turning point event at Berkeley, the supposed birthplace of the free speech movement, where there is more speech fascism and authoritarianism than a lot of other places you could find across the country, that is for sure. We are joined by Chloetrepinado. She is at town hall dot com. It's all Politics is her handle online if you will go check out her YouTube channel and all of her great work there.
Speaker 2: So let me just give you this, Chloe.
Speaker 1: So, you had a bunch of Antifa maniacs storming this turning point event at Berkeley, wearing cafeas always a bad always a bad sign, and they got guys, you know, with bloody faces and people causing a melee in the streets. What do these lunatics think they accomplish by doing this? Like, what's the motivation? So far as we can understand these things?
Speaker 3: Really good question. Back, Well, they didn't just work cafeas they also wore the furry costumes. That's my favorite when they show up in a dinosaur costume or some sort of unicorn mask. It really makes them look very serious. But I think their goal is to almost defund the Charlie Kirk movement. Like we say, like they say, defund the police. They're now want to defund all that Charlie Kirk and TPUSA is doing, and it's just simply not going to work. Like I said, they are unserious people. They are also now deemed terrorist or a terrorist organization. They're Antifa, So I'm not sure why we're not allowed to carry out arrests just yet, but I am very excited for those arrests to ensue. I'm also confused as to why US Berkeley is still receiving federal dollars. They've received billions in taxpayer funding every year. So I'm looking for some arrests and I'm looking for some relinquishing of those funds because I do not believe that they should be getting funding for calling for, well celebrating the death of Charlie Kirk. And there were also people screaming F your homie. I mean, what the heck if Dave Portnoy can get people fired for them screaming f the Jews, which is terrible somebody should be getting fired for screaming af your homie.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know about that. This is I'm looking at this mess here. My friend Andy No, who has been covering Antifa more closely than anybody now for about a decade. He's showing that they had to do the whole thing, the the deployment, you know, tear gas and you know the riot police, police.
Speaker 2: In riot gear.
Speaker 1: Some of my cop prints said, there's no such thing as riot police, but cops in riot gear, anti riot gear.
Speaker 2: You know they're doing this. And I got two things of this.
Speaker 1: One is this always means that there will be more coverage of the event than there would otherwise be. So to me aside from the law breaking, insanity and viciousness of these anti Flamniacs, it's like this means that everybody in the country gets to see them like jackasses. And they also go, oh, Turning Points have another free speech event, Maybe I should go to the next one.
Speaker 3: It does it highlights everything the Turning Point USA is doing, and so they not only bring the cameras and all the attention, but it just creates more ire for the conservative movement, and I think it gives them even more reason to go to these events. I for one, would love to attend a TPUSA event whenever it comes into town, whenever they come back to DC. But yeah, I think you're completely right. I think there's no reason for them to be doing this other than they have nothing better to do on any of these evenings, whether it's a Monday or a Friday night. These ANTIFA people are apparently free. It's their form of partying in college. No longer are people going out to bars into frats at these ivy leagues. They're simply attending riots, and it's quite hilarious, you know.
Speaker 1: The The other thing, though, is that there is no equivalent of like left wing campus organizations or get togethers or anything where a bunch of conservative show up and have to be tear gas because they're trying to you know, storm the barricades and tackle cops and throw things at people that are otherwise engaged.
Speaker 2: In lawful behavior.
Speaker 1: You know, we brushed this aside as the anti femaniacs, but they really are the street thugs of the DNC. I mean, these are left wing people that support much of the Democrat program.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are so violent. Somebody I think it was Charlie Kirk's producer Andrew He posted a video on X of the discrepancies between or the disparities excuse me, between these two events. You had inside of the event people they were applauding, they were cheering, they were praying, they were peacefully attending such a wholesome Christian conservative event where there was just so much joy. And then right outside of those walls, where people filled with antidepressants rage higher to all of the people inside and outside of the walls, there was violence. There were things being thrown, like you said, tear gas, arrests were being made. It's just like the conservative movement. That's kind of like reflective of the entire movement as a whole. Inside of the conservative movement, it's calm, it's peaceful, it's like a little utopia. But the outside people are constantly trying to break in, and it's just total madness in haywire. So I think we have to try as hard as we may to keep our little utopia and keep safe in here. We gotta be careful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I you know, we're keeping civilization together. You know, no big deal deal, it's us or the maniacs. I also think It's always worth noting that people that think they're fighting fascism are the ones all dressed in black forming a mob using violence to shut down speech. It's like, I think you guys and Antifa have this backwards. But that's a whole other part of the conversation. Our sponsor here is Preborn. Preborn is an incredible nonprofit because amazing work saving lots of unborn children. They do this by giving love and support and options to women who come into the clinics, and they start this process so often with an ultrasound, a free ultrasound. Because when mom to be comes in and she meets the tiny baby in her womb, she sees that heartbeat, she understands that this is a life growing inside her. The decision for life becomes so easy, and Preborn gives so much help up the two years after that baby is born. You can help save the lives of tiny babies. Right now, twenty eight dollars provides a free ultrasound to any woman coming into a preborn clinic all across the country. They're saving tens of thousands of babies a year in this way. It donates securely. Go to preborn dot com slash buck. That's preborn dot com slash buck.
Speaker 2: Or you can pick up your.
Speaker 1: Phone and dial pound.
Speaker 2: Two fifty say the keyword baby.
Speaker 1: That's pound two five zero, say baby sponsored by Preborn Chloe. You're a DC person, You're a town hall and a politics person. You're a DC person. I used to live there. One thing that I find I find a little curre. Trump had this whole I'm gonna make DC safer. And I've looked up the stats, and I think murders since this Trump effort went into play went to effect or down sixty percent something like that year over year, and yet we're not hearing about that.
Speaker 2: Where's the national media on this?
Speaker 1: What do you know about the efforts to make DC safer or make DC great again?
Speaker 2: As Trump has been saying.
Speaker 3: Well, I can tell you as somebody who lives here, and I walk the streets in the dark. I try not to, but sometimes you have to. I have felt immensely more safe. The National Guard has done an excellent job at keeping the peace in this city. And of course the national media is not going to talk about it. Democrats hate to highlight any good that Republicans are doing. However, it is true you do not hear sirens anymore. I think the first night, I remember the helicopter is going above, and you heard the police cars and the sirens. For three days. You heard that for hours starting at ten o'clock. Now you don't hear much of it at all. The the National Guard is everywhere. I see people thanking them on the streets as they're walking by. The other day, I saw the National Guard handing out food to homeless people. They're very, very peaceful men. They're doing an excellent job. They're sacrificing a lot of their time to be here, and I think you're starting to see residents finally be very appreciative of that. No longer are they yelling slurs at them or being mean or cruel. They're appreciative because they see the difference that they are making in all of our lives. Truly, the city has transformed thanks to President Trump and the National Guard's help. However, I will say there are still a lot of homeless people, still a lot of encampments. The only thing that is left to do is clean that up a little bit. I don't know if I have a complete solution for those those people.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be the city, right.
Speaker 1: The National Guard can provide just because by having armed men and women of the state in uniform, it's less likely someone's going to roll up and carjack you, right. I mean, I think we can all, but they're not really there to clean up the homeless encampments. That's going to be Mayor Bowser and the You know, it's such a challenge because people think, oh, if only we had more resources. I've spoken to people who have worked very closely with the homeless in these major cities, and first of all, you're talking about something like ninety to ninety five percent of the people who are in these encampments are drug addicted, and often these two things can go together, not always very mentally ill and have like real mental health problems. And I say that meaning these are people that really need help, and yet the system has moved away from You can't live on the street. You have to get help to keep living on the street. It's your choice. I think a lot of people think that's the more humanitarian thing to do, But if somebody is severely drug addicted and mentally ill, it's really not. Actually it's it's actually we're abdicating a responsibility by allowing that to continue.
Speaker 3: It's really not good for them whatsoever. I can tell you walking past them sleeping in the freezing cold right outside of my home with their twelve blankets and their little lovey doll. They have stuffed animals that they PLoP a top of their stacks of bed sheets every morning when they go on their morning walks. It's not humanitarian to let them continue to do that. I completely agree with you. Yeah, I think they're thinking is flawed. There.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about Chuck Schumer in the end of the shutdown here in just a second. But first up our sponsor's Paradigm Press look. In the last month or so, so many thousands of you have signed up for this totally separate project I'm working on, which is called Money and Power. It's an e newsletter that brings together big stories and politics with stories in the markets and opportunities for investing. And this is about leveling the playing field so everyday folks can get a fair shot in investing and understand what's really happening. I've teamed up with great equity analyst stock analysts, people that have been in this game for a long time and have very extensive knowledge and great track records. Go check this out for yourself. You've to sign up. You've subscribed totally separate from this program. Insider twenty twenty five dot com. Join this move and today get eighty two percent off Insider twenty twenty five dot com. That's the website paid for by Paradigm Press.
Speaker 2: So was this all, Chloe? Was this a big loss for Schumer?
Speaker 1: Is Schumer's political future in extreme doubt among Democrats?
Speaker 2: How do you assess all this?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? I think every single Democrat and their caucus knows that Chuck Schummer is on his way out. He might as well just go join Joe Biden at the beach, grab a cone, lock some ice cream, and spend the rest of his days in a bikini because his time is over. The poor guy, I mean, even the Wall Street Journal op ed said you have to feel bad for him. He was put between a rock and a hard place. Obviously, I don't feel that for him. However, you feel just a little bit of sympathy because he had no choice. He either opened back the government up and enraged millions of Democrats who would have rather kept it closed, or he kept it closed and enraged the entire rest of the country. He didn't really have much of a good option there. His Democrats and his fellow colleagues put him in a really tough position. So I think he did the right thing obviously, opening up the government. Forty two million Americans were going without SNAP. A lot eight million of those just about we're veterans. Obviously, it's Veterans Day. We thank our veterans. We want them to get their benefits. They might be one of the only groups in that SNAP category that truly received those or deserve those benefits. So I'm glad that they could get their care, and I'm glad the airports could get opened back up so people can travel for the holiday season. I'm glad that families weren't missing a third paycheck. Of course, the Democrats had to open it up, but Chuck Schumer is going to get a lot of the blame, and as he should.
Speaker 1: Chuck Schumer, I guess he didn't really have much of a much of an option here. The Bernie AOC wing of the party, there's this sense that they ascendant and going into the midterm election year, we'll be hearing a lot more of them. Do you think that that's where What are your DC folks, what are the Beltway insiders saying about this? Is that really the belief for our Democrats going to play the old We'll bring down prices and focus on healthcare, act like they are in tune with real concerns for Americans, even if they're not, Like, how do you see that playing out?
Speaker 3: This is actually going to be the most interesting thing for me to watch play out, I think in my lifetime, because all of this is kind of culminating together at just the right moment. I'm reading a book from Denise Jesusa about the United States of Socialism. I'm learning all about socialism at the same time, Mom, Donnie just ascended to be the mayor of New York City. You got AOC who's going to run for the presidency in twenty twenty eight, Bernie Sanders, who for some reason has not retired. He might literally die at his desk in Congress. I hope not, but you never know. And he obviously is a complete and utter socialist. So now the question is where, at an inflection point, is America going to turn towards socialism completely in these next elections, in the midterm and during the presidency and if we do, all of the warning signs will just have been thrown out the window. And this has started since Fdr Lyndon B. Johnson. These guys were enacting progressive policies or excuse me, socialist policies in their progressive policies little by little, and now here we are in twenty twenty five, and we very well could have a socialist, a communist running for the presidency in twenty twenty eight in AOC. And you know the reason for this is because of the young people. I think that over half of gen Z views socialism favorably. They didn't live through difficult times whatsoever, and now here they are, they're very entitled. Most of their lives have just been handed to them, so they don't know the difficulties that come with socialism. All they know is what they've experienced through capitalism and where that's gotten them. So it's going to be very interesting. That was a long winded answer, but I think everybody, especially the young people who are watching this, the gen Zers, should go back read George Orwell's books, Read nineteen eighty four, read Animal Farm, and then read Denise Jesus's book The United States socialism. It is so interesting because these young people just do not know what is about to slap them in the face.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, everyone should check out what Chloe Trapinado's up to over a town hall and it's all politics on a YouTube. And Chloe appreciate you making the time.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much, Thanks for letting me ramble back.