Speaker 1: It's topic time.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody, It's DJ Envy, Charlomagne, the God we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Jess Hilarious is here, Charlomagne is out.
Speaker 3: Now if you just joined us, we were talking about eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Ray in an interview yesterday with Ticket Easter Ray was talking about one of her biggest fears is to get pregnant. She said, I have a fear of getting pregnant. I don't want to be slowed down. And I'm talking about in her career. So that is the question. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. We're asking ladies, do you feel like if you become pregnant it slows you down? Is that your biggest fear when it comes to your career and life? That is the question eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's listen to Easter Ray first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's always been a been a thing for me, Like, I just have a fear. Maybe this will changed my mind playing this role, but I'm just like I don't want to I don't want to be slowed down.
Speaker 1: For any reason.
Speaker 4: And my friends are like, girl, it's not gonna slow you down, It's fine, But I don't believe them.
Speaker 1: Now let's start with you. Just yes, what are your thoughts.
Speaker 5: I don't think that it slows you. I don't think it has to slow you down. I think like times are different now I don't And I can't even speak for everybody because I know when I was pregnant, I got pregnant at a young age, and I got pregnant when I was nineteen.
Speaker 6: I had my son when I was twenty.
Speaker 5: It didn't slow me now, but I also didn't know what I what I wanted to do yet, you know, I was still like working like dead end jobs, you know what I mean, McDonald's overnight and I couldn't even keep a job at nineteen, you know what I mean. So when I but when I realized I wanted to step into a career, and that was this you know, he was like two, and it just still didn't slow me down. I want to have actually more children now, I would if I was already you know, married and everything.
Speaker 6: But I don't think it has to slow you down.
Speaker 1: Let me ask your question.
Speaker 3: If you were pregnant now, do you feel like it would slow you down? Because you know, right now, Jess is doing everything right. You're doing concerts, you're doing you know, you're on the road, you have TV, you're doing the breakfast club, You're doing so much. Do you feel like if you're pregnant now that that would slow you down?
Speaker 5: I often think about that and I really do not think so. I have a big, huge support system, both of my parents. Even with my son now his dad is in his life, and then I have a huge family. My little sister she acts as a nanny for me sometimes. No, I just it depends on like the support and I have a huge support system and a great foundation.
Speaker 6: So I don't think it'll slow me down now.
Speaker 3: Tesla Figurero, she's still with us now you have a young daughter as well. So do you feel like being or being pregnant? Do you feel like it slows you down? And if you're pregnant now, do you feel like it would slow down what you're doing now?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, And thank you for let me sit in on this because I think it's important people here too different perspectives from women and just hit it right on the nail. It really does come down to your support system. Now, for me, I got married and we didn't have our first child. I have won until we were married for seven years, so I didn't have a.
Speaker 6: Child young and even still being married.
Speaker 8: When you are married, your husband and your children really do come before you. So that means that you're making an adjustment. His career move, so I had to move, which means I had to stop school. I had to pick it back up online. I mean, it is an adjustment, and I want you know, to be very clear with women that although you know, you may think your family may be supportive, or you may think you have the support, you don't know if you'll have to move. I've had to move in five different cities. I've moved over ten times. Both my parents are in the ground, you know, so I've lost both my parents and even then they wouldn't have been in the city to help me anyway.
Speaker 6: So I'm an only child. I don't have brothers and sisters.
Speaker 8: There was not you know, this large family that's just gonna come by and you know, and help.
Speaker 6: But I was still highly successful.
Speaker 8: I ran my own business in Orlando called the Ally Group. I had three hundred employees, you know, I won Orlando Business Journal twice, so you can still be successful, but it is an adjustment. It took me longer to finish my degree. I got two degrees, but it still took me longer. There was an adjustment. I had to slow down. And to be clear, my ex husband's my ex husband now he is very much involved, you know, in my child's life from an emotional, physically financial, So there's no dad beat dad. You know, this is a co parent situation, similar to Jess. But even still it slowed down. Some of the things I wanted to do still got it done, but it did take a little bit longer.
Speaker 3: I would say that, you know, part of me is being a little guilty to feeling like my career took off and I didn't allow my.
Speaker 1: Wife's career to take off.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: So my wife is, you know, a major in communications, and she had aspirations for doing so many different things. But you know, we had our We had Madison early, and being from New York, I couldn't afford to living in New York because it was too expensive, so I had to drive an hour out the way in Jersey, which put us in a place in the suburbs where she knew nobody. There was no way for her to get to work, and there was no way for her to get to the city and then get back to pick up our child. And she wanted to raise as a child. So it wasn't no nanny, so it wasn't a babysitter because we didn't have any family out there. So because you know, we did that, she had to sacrifice her career to raise our family, which has always been something that I always you know, felt funny from because it's like, you know, she allowed me to help me get my career and I never did the same for her because she had the family.
Speaker 1: So I think it did. I think it did slow her her career down.
Speaker 5: Does damn you envy what you just just let loose all with dingling all early and you just pursuing your life and you didn't even say, hey, baby, you want to.
Speaker 1: Go back to school.
Speaker 6: You just say no, baby, want to keep having these kids.
Speaker 3: But let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. The question is, ladies, do you feel like being pregnant slows your career down? Or did it slow your career down? Or maybe it didn't. Let's talk about it when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, it's topic time.
Speaker 2: Called eight hundred and five eight five five one to join it to the discussion with the break was Glow talk about it morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's dj NV Charlomagne the god we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Charlomagne is out. Just hilarious is he?
Speaker 3: And if you just join us. We've been talking about women being pregnant? Does that slow your career down?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 3: This came from Eastern Ray. She was interviewing with Tiger and this is what she said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's always been a been a thing for me, Like, I just have a fear. Maybe this will changed my mind playing this role, but I'm just like I don't want to. I don't want to be slowed down for any reason. And my friends are like, girl, it's not gonna slow you down, it's fine, but I don't believe them.
Speaker 3: All Right, So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one does pregnancy slow you down? Has it slowed you down? Let's go to the phone lines. Daisy, good morning.
Speaker 10: Morning, How are you dying?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 10: I just wanted to tell you guys that I just had a baby a year ago.
Speaker 7: He fout from one July every first.
Speaker 10: And I just graduated with my AA and Business administration, and I'm going back for my bachelor's degree in business as well. And I'm a full time social media influencer.
Speaker 7: And I just want to say, like.
Speaker 10: How about baby does not show you down whatsoever. It's just how motivated you are and how determined you are. That's what's gonna push you. A baby does not stop nothing.
Speaker 1: Agree with you? Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 9: This is Dre. How you doing, Hey, Dre? Good morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Has the pregnancy slowed you down?
Speaker 9: Dre? No, it has h you know, I feel like it would slow my girlfriend thought, but not too much. She's actually a model in the fashion designer, so she would just get pregnant then, you know, she wouldn't be able to do as much as those things. No disrespect.
Speaker 3: I don't want to it from you. Uh you know, I don't want it from the women.
Speaker 9: Oh I feel really, I ain't.
Speaker 6: Gonna answer the question like, yeah, I mean I feel like it has slow my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Hello. Hello, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 7: Her name is Angie? Good morning, morning Angie.
Speaker 1: We're talking about pregnancy.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like it would slow you down or are you nervous about it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: Okay, So this is a funny topic because I just came.
Speaker 7: Home from floridam originally from Miami. Day returned five and we went to Orlando though with my family, okay, and they were just pressuring me to have a kid. They weren't my son to have a sibling. I'm the oldest of four I'm the oldest of fourteen grandchildren. I don't want the more damn kids.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Why why are you scared of to slow you down more? Or did your first one slow you down?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Do that.
Speaker 7: I just don't have patience. But I feel like I feel like I will get slowed down because I'm kind of driven and I wanted to.
Speaker 9: Get to where I want to get.
Speaker 7: So multiple kids, I don't know how even Enz has so many children. That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have six.
Speaker 3: But you know the thing about my six is they're all over the gain and like I got a twenty one year old in nineteen or pretty much self sufficient. They don't need me, you know. Every once in a while, Dad, can you throw some money in my account? Or Dad, I need this, and I do have a ten, a nine or six, and an eighteen month old, which requires a lot. And I will say it did slow my wife down. It did slow her career down because there's certain things that she cannot do.
Speaker 1: You know, she has to get up in the morning, take those kids. She has to pick them up.
Speaker 3: And my kids were in all types of activities and she has to get around and get them and you know, I help as much as possible, and we do have some help.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it definitely slowed her career down of what she wanted to do. I'm not you know, I can't even sit in life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I lived with mans. I take a little distance, you know, it's just my mom mom all the time. And I don't know. Even with my mom, I gotta stay from you take come back. I can't do another one. Didn't they want me to have a girl. It's just not happening.
Speaker 6: I feel you.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this Hi?
Speaker 7: I mean it's Katy.
Speaker 10: I'm from Orlando, born in rains Hey.
Speaker 3: Okay, now you talking about being pregnant and slowing you down.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 10: Well, my sister, she's three years old. She lives alone, you know, to dogs, cat, tarantulas, and she actually says to Florida there and she got the two oligation you know, Bernie and two just to prevent herself from getting pregnant or Bue forced to carry her pregnancy in Florida.
Speaker 3: So she was so scared to get pregnant, and with the pregnancy with the abortion bands, she got a two bligation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: She definitely don't want to get pregnant, and she nervous and being pregnant because she feels like it's a slow her career down or something like that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she's twenty three. She lives alone, she has her own apartment, home places, don't depend on nobody but herself.
Speaker 7: She's twenty three, started going on, if she worked.
Speaker 10: To get pregnant, she wouldn't be able to keep her animals. But as it is, but it would told me up front and change her life.
Speaker 6: Twenty three A two obligation.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's twenty three or two bligation.
Speaker 5: I thought you had to be able to have a certain amount of kids to even do that. I don't think that you have you can, And then went three, you got to be a certain age to do that too.
Speaker 6: And now how does she know she gonna fall her way at thirty three.
Speaker 3: Well, she got two dogs, two cats, a tarantula, a spider, and I.
Speaker 6: Not to do it. So she's straight.
Speaker 1: She's straight. Now, let me ask you a question, Jess, when it comes to being pregnant.
Speaker 3: Let's say, you know, I guess you would have to feel a way too, because let's say you're shooting a movie, right and you become pregnant during the movie, and the character is not pregnant, so I guess you have to hide that.
Speaker 1: I'm guess you would kind of be nervous.
Speaker 3: You know, if you are a woman and those situations happen, or if you're on a sitcom, or if you're on a series, or if you're doing something where you know you have to play a character right and then you become pregnant, you know.
Speaker 1: How does that work? Because you know, what do you do for shooting now?
Speaker 5: And nowadays it's different. Nowadays, it's like it would be considered. They're so scared of like discrimination, Like, oh, they put me on because I was pregnant. So what they would do is, if it's an ongoing show, they will write it in they will write it in some type of way and then It depends on the type of show it is. They would either have to put put it on hold until after you had a baby, or rush and shoot it before you start showing. It just depends. It depends on a bunch of different variables nowadays. Back then it was like uh uh, But now people embrace all types of like you know, maternity shoots and I mean, you know, but that, Yeah, paternity is different maternity like roles and stuff like that. And I can still do stand up, I can still come in, Yeah, I can still you know, it is not as limited as it.
Speaker 6: Used to be.
Speaker 3: Right, So all right, well, all right, you got a final thought, a.
Speaker 5: Final thought, just don't get pregnant if you don't have no support, but get pregnant if you have support.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the whole thing is a support system.
Speaker 3: I mean, and having family around it definitely helps women who have to take on being pregnant by their self. I know, it's a lot on them because there is nobody to help. There is nobody to give.
Speaker 1: Them the break. Because sometimes as a parent, you just need a break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get your kids bothering shot of you or babies crying, and you just need that little give me, my little ten fifteen minutes or my hour or my day, just to breathe a little.
Speaker 6: Bit, because it could send you mentally insane. Just as a parent like you use it said.
Speaker 5: For a first time parent who has to do it by themselves, it is definitely hard. So I just do as best for you, and you know, if you have support and you're not scared, jump out there, but.
Speaker 6: Do what's best for you.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we got roomors coming up. What were we talking about?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: Ray J took his kids to school for the first time in June. Yeah, I said, well, damn school, they go to Jesus.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we'll get to it next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good boarding, Good morning,