Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Part two, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the weekend. I hope your Christmas activities are going good. Whether you're just celebrating early, you got all your Christmas shopping done, presents wrapped, or you have nothing done a lot like me. Everybody's welcome here because we're getting caught up on the Bobby Bone Show. I encourage you to check out Part one, Part three this weekend. Part one, Amy and I are talking about our Christmas plans, about her son's big run that he did for charity, and then Part three is always listener questions and it's fun to answer them for you guys, So check both of those out. But if you don't have time because you are in full holiday mode, then let's get into the Bobby Bone Show. From this week. Bobby and Amy share three things they have on their minds right now. One of them is a wild dm that Amy received. Bobby wants to talk about left handed people, which he is, and aliens of course.
Speaker 4: Number seven.
Speaker 5: Three things on your mind, Amy, you go first, give me one of them.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing that I can not stop thinking about?
Speaker 6: Is a DM I got from a listener asking me if I was worried about my job?
Speaker 4: WHOA why would you be worried about your job? Yeah? Go ahead.
Speaker 5: I don't know why she would say that, Like, what contexts me?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 5: Was it a reply to something you wrote?
Speaker 1: No, it's like, hey, are you worried about your job?
Speaker 6: I guess they work closely with or they know someone that works at one of our affiliate stations. And I don't know if they heard something, but it prompted them to ask me if I was worried about my job. I have no other details.
Speaker 4: I don't are you?
Speaker 7: I wasn't?
Speaker 4: Now you are? You don't need to worry about your job?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that's just is.
Speaker 4: That what you were looking for?
Speaker 5: You want to ask me that question?
Speaker 4: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, should we be worried about our job?
Speaker 5: Are you asking me?
Speaker 4: Why we?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Just do you?
Speaker 1: They said me?
Speaker 3: You so?
Speaker 1: Should I be worried about my job?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: You should not?
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, okay, that's number one in that way.
Speaker 4: That is weird that you made her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, that's your neumber one thing. Let me do my number one of three. The hidden superpowers of left handed people. I am left handed. One in ten people are left handed. These are some of the superpowers here we go.
Speaker 8: Hit it better at reading faces and emotions, faster reflexes in sports and gaming, excel at reversing images, mentally, less likely to follow the crowd, natural independent thinkers, mostly men. More men are left handed than women. Many US presidents were left handed. They remember conversations, stronger recall for spoken words. Twins are more likely to have one left handed sibling. Naturally competitive left handers thrive under pressure and challenge map masters. Better spatial awareness helps them read maps easily. Older moms more lefties. Women who give birth later have more left handed kids. Their brains connect both sides better, making them natural multitaskers.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you very much for all that. I feel like you can say that about anybody and they'll be like, yeah, I fit a lot of that. But I'm sure there's some research. I know that the percentage of left handed presidents is higher than the percentage of left handed people generally, which is kind of weird to think about.
Speaker 4: Hey, you're a twin, Yeah, brother is left handed. No way, way, Ah, that is weird.
Speaker 9: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Uh, okay, I'm a superhero basically. That's that's how I get my superpower. It's all the crap I've always had.
Speaker 1: Ray, was your brother a better athlete than you?
Speaker 4: I would say, I was one. Yeah, I played, I was, I started more. I would say, so, yes, okay, there you have it. Uh that's all.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to like shout out yeah, shout out me, yeah, all right over there.
Speaker 6: So I am curious as to how my birthday got changed on Facebook, because it did. It changed to I don't know, like December fifth or something.
Speaker 5: Curious as to why you're on Facebook, Well.
Speaker 6: I go on there to go on Facebook marketplace, but got it, that's it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it had changed though.
Speaker 6: I started getting texts from friends saying happy birthday, and one of them, my friend Scott. I've known him since I was thirteen. We both have birthdays in March, and I'm like, you know, it's not my birthday and he was like, oh, I just defaulted because Facebook said, and I wasn't really thinking. And I'm like, yeah, so now I know which of my friends are really paying attention to Facebook and which one of them just like they don't even think because they're like, oh, Facebook says it must send a note to say happy birthday. And sure enough I went and looked and my birthday was changed and I didn't change it. So I don't know if it got hacked or what, but my birthday got changed.
Speaker 5: Well, Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Amy Birthday. Did you think I was doing a joke on you at first?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I immediately went to your Instagram to see if you did one of those things where you put out my picture and put my birthday even though it's not and you didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I do that to Eddie about six times a year. Yes, and then he gets text all the time, but happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Then I have to tell him, well, it's a joke while he does it all the time.
Speaker 6: So every day since then, I've just been curious, like, I have no explanation as to why, because nothing else looks suspicious on my Facebook at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's interesting because I would think I got hacked too if they went in and changed after they change other things. Yeah, your password's still good, so far, so good.
Speaker 4: Do you think they would hack just to change the birthday for front?
Speaker 5: No, not just that, but I wonder if they got other information from that. Yeah, that's a waste of a hack if you're only hacking to change people's birthday, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't have an answer to there, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: Know, so that's all.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 5: My second one is a man recounts seeing UFOs that he says look like orbs that changed colors and moved in different directions of times. This is from news Nation. Now here you go, hit.
Speaker 10: That flying close to my boat for about ten minutes. There are some smaller ones off in the distance you don't see in the video. It'd start out like as three orbs that were close together, like in a triangular pattern, and they'd all kind of change in colors from red, black, orange, and they would merge together as one, and then they'd split off. There'd be two of them, then there'd be one, then there'd be three of them, and at certain points they just disappeared all together, and we'd just reappear. They'd drop down close to the water, like right above the water and started coming towards me.
Speaker 5: You guys haven't watched it documentary yet, huh, age disclosure?
Speaker 1: No, I bought it.
Speaker 5: You did, man, If you watch it and you're not focused on eight or nine things.
Speaker 4: Talking to everybody here, I mean mostly Amy, mostly Amy.
Speaker 5: I think if you watch it you'll be blown away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have.
Speaker 6: This state like I'm gonna dedicate I'm gonna dedicate my time to watching it to like, because you paid me twenty five dollars to buy it, so I bought it, and I'm gonna not I'm not gonna waste the money.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna sit and watch it. That's why I haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 4: It's your mind.
Speaker 5: Morgan saw UFO Disney, Yeah, went viral for it, So I don't know. Guys, there's no heat signature on some of these things. There's no there's no combustion. How they move in so fast, they go faster than anything that we have humanly possible. That's all that's my mind, all right, give me a third one?
Speaker 6: Uh well, I can't stop thinking about people that wash their hands before they unload the dishwasher.
Speaker 5: They wash their hands before they unload the dishwasher. That makes sense.
Speaker 6: I've never done it, though, I've never done it, nor have I ever thought about it, which makes me feel like gross. But I saw a girl asking the question on Instagram because she saw someone also on Instagram or TikTok bring it up. So then she was like, I have to ask, y'all, do you wash your hands before you unload the dishwasher?
Speaker 1: And I thought, I have never done that purposefully.
Speaker 6: I mean maybe sometimes just by chance, I happen to wash my hands before I unload, but it's not like a, oh, I'm about to unload the dishwasher, better wash my hands first.
Speaker 1: But it makes sense if you think about it.
Speaker 5: Yep, it does make a lot of sense. And now I'm gonna feel guilty for not doing it because I should have clean hands. I'm touching clean plates.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also I should probably nload the dishwasher, which I don't do. But mostly that's what reminds me of that I should, maybe, you know, unload the dishwasher occasionally. Not that my wife will get irritated at me too, because I'll take a plate, I'll rent it fully and just put it in the sink, and she's like, the dishwasher.
Speaker 4: It's five inches, one more step, it's five.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, I just rinsed it, like celebrate that. She's like, I will not like put in the dishwasher, but she loads it weird. Like my whole life I have. The bottom has always been played some bowls correct, and the top is always glasses correct. My wife loads in different ways. It's all a puzzle. Anything can go anywhere.
Speaker 1: I just got to make it fit.
Speaker 4: Sometimes does she mix. She mixed the forks and the spoons and the knives.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and so well there's a tray and there's like a compartment on the bottom as well, and so it's all mixed.
Speaker 4: And sometimes the knives are point.
Speaker 11: No, don't.
Speaker 4: What if I'm reaching in blindly, that's dangerous to cut my hand.
Speaker 1: What if you're reaching in, you don't unload the dishwasher.
Speaker 5: No, imagine I do unload it, and I do wash my hands and not reach in blindly.
Speaker 4: I could cut my hand.
Speaker 1: Well, so there's your reason to not unload the dishwasher.
Speaker 5: Great point, we got back to that. My final thing is speaking of handcuts, get a band aid on. Here had a couple people ask me, Hey, what happened to your hand. I just want everybody to know that I have hang nails. Oh, and you picked at it, And once I get them, I just put a band aid on so I don't pick at it.
Speaker 4: Oh, and I don't rip it out because I will rip it out.
Speaker 5: But I'm big hangnail getter because I bought my fingernails once when games are close, and I'll probably bet on them.
Speaker 1: So your hangnails, oh, they're on the side, on the side right here.
Speaker 4: But having made it, the band aid.
Speaker 1: Nail made it made more hang nails.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know how hangnail works exactly either, but I know when I bite my nails, I can hang out on the side.
Speaker 4: So that's guys.
Speaker 5: I'm okay, thank you for asking. Just hang nowl season Okay, okay, Amy, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two And.
Speaker 3: Speaking of all that fun Christmas stuff, Eddie thinks I have taken it way too far with my Christmas decorations, and I don't know. I think a lot of you guys are going to be on team Morgan for this one, but there's always a few scrooges, much like Eddie. So if your team Eddie, I can respect it.
Speaker 5: Number six, December ninth, Christmas coming up soon. We're pretty Christmas. We got a tree up, big tree, lots of lights, some fake presents underneath it. We don't have any real presents, but we really don't put a lot of presents underneath it because it's not like kids or anything yet. So but we're up. We don't have any lights on the outside of the house. We got a few wreaths up.
Speaker 4: Are you going to do that? No, it's too late now.
Speaker 5: If you're not kind of up, you ain't going out.
Speaker 4: Oh we're not up outside the house. We're not gonna putting the lights up. I'm not putting the lights up. I'll die, I'll fall off the ladder. Yeah you kidding.
Speaker 5: Uh So that's where we are you guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Same.
Speaker 1: We got some reats up. Tree up?
Speaker 4: Are you done though?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Done?
Speaker 6: Like what I'm decorated and done and have been since like November tenth.
Speaker 5: We have a small tree in a second room. It's a very small Christmas tree in like the living room. So I forget that one's even there.
Speaker 4: That real or fake? I think they're you're not sure. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I think does it smell?
Speaker 4: Does the does the leaf come off when you put it?
Speaker 5: I don't touching the tree, and obviously I didn't put it up. The big one I think is real. The small one I think it's fake. I think we just pulled that out of a box and it already has ornaments mostly on it.
Speaker 4: Still that's perfect.
Speaker 1: Then that's fake.
Speaker 4: Yeah it came out of you guys. Yeah, the inside's done. But I'm telling you, my wife keeps telling me to put the lights on the outside and big Santa, you know, the big twelve foot Santa. I haven't done it yet. I'll probably do that this week. He was saying that Morgan's overdoing it. Oh, dude, this is I think it's too much what she says. She has a tree for every room in her house.
Speaker 2: Room.
Speaker 3: But I do have four Christmas trees.
Speaker 4: Did you put them all up?
Speaker 3: Oh? My boyfriend helped me out. I mean, I just love Christmas. I want Christmas lights in every room. I have one in our bedroom, I have one in the living well, two in the living room, and then there's one out on the.
Speaker 4: Deck in one room.
Speaker 1: Yeah that is side by side.
Speaker 3: No, they're in different areas of.
Speaker 5: The everywhere you turn you want to see one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna I just like having the warm Christmas lights.
Speaker 4: One of them is even a Harry Potter themed Christmas tree. Harry Potter themed Yeah, that was a.
Speaker 3: New one we did this year. It was our first one together. So we did like my one that I always do, which is the living room tree, and then the bedroom one, which is my old apartment tree. That just kind of morphed into the bedroom one, and then his ended up out on the deck, and then we bought a new one that's the Harry Potter tree.
Speaker 5: You got a farm at your house, come by trees from you? Do you have gifts or anything under the trees yet?
Speaker 3: No, there's nothing on to.
Speaker 4: That'd be a lot of guests.
Speaker 1: There is a.
Speaker 3: Harry Potter train under one of them.
Speaker 5: What's about the Harry Potter tred never heard of such thing.
Speaker 3: I we just both really like Harry Potter. That's both of our favorite movies, and it reminds us of Christmas. So we that kind of became our thing.
Speaker 5: His favorite movies, Harry Potter.
Speaker 3: Not favorite of all time, but both of ours like that. We connect on is all the Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: Do you think you think he made that up?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 4: I think so, Like when they were dating, for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love Harry Potter and he's had to cram, he's had to read all the books and watch the movies.
Speaker 4: Now, wtchbox you.
Speaker 11: Guys, lights on the outside of the house, tree up lights in the house.
Speaker 4: Did you put the lights up yourself? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Ladder kids up on the roof.
Speaker 4: Oh, the kids up on the room. Yeah, that's dangerous. He took the kids with you up on the room. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Good idea. Bad idea of getting them down. Yeah, they're terrified.
Speaker 7: I can't get done. But they had fun up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bad idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah they didn't almost fall No, that's that's how I rupture my splin to being on a roof.
Speaker 4: Oh you fell almost died. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I fell off a roof onto a boat trailer, was in the hospital. I was just up there with my dad, who said, come on up for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Putting up Christmas up Christmas line? Were you really putting up Christmas?
Speaker 1: Live dad?
Speaker 3: None of that.
Speaker 4: None of that's true. I did fall off and rupt her on my plan, but none of that's true.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number.
Speaker 3: Two, Bobby and Me shared their mount rushmore of Christmas movies. Think about four Christmas movies or the entire course of your life. What are they that top the list? Thinking on mine, it's definitely how they're grin Stole Christmas, Jim Carrey's version, and the Santa Claus the Holiday, and then Harry Potter, I mean Harry Potter to me is Christmas movies. So th are my four and you're gonna hear Bobby and Amy's here, maybe think about yours and get a movie marathon prepped for the holidays.
Speaker 4: Number five.
Speaker 5: We're basically two weeks and three days from Christmas. Oh wow, that's crazy. That is so I've put together my Mount Rushmore of Christmas movies for me four Ready Ready. Number one the Santa Claus with Tim Allen. I don't think he's ever ever been a better Santa Claus. And then also that song that was also on.
Speaker 4: Home Alone, Bud I'm dreaming No Christmas. That's a good one. The Drifter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the Santa Claus one with Tim Allen, Number one on Mount Mount Rushmore. Number two Elf, and I hadn't really seen Elf until the last few years. There's a tradition at my wife's family, my in law's house that as a kid, I guess they watched that every Christmas Eve, and so Christmas Eve we watch it again and it's good I'd not seen it until like four or five years ago. So I got elf at number two on Mount Rushmore. Number three up at Christmas Carol. Now I start to get a little loose with these movies because I didn't watch a lot of Christmas movies growing up, but I did watch them up for Christmas Carol, and that's good.
Speaker 4: Did you know Jim Hanson died in the.
Speaker 5: Production of that movie, like the pre production of it?
Speaker 4: Whoa?
Speaker 5: And then number four Gremlins Christmas movie. Yeah at Christmas in it counts.
Speaker 4: It happens during Christmas.
Speaker 10: Weird.
Speaker 1: You don't feel that way about Home Alone?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, s true, because Home Alone can be played anytime.
Speaker 1: So could Grimlins.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Nothing said Christmas and chestnuts over roasting fire like Gremlins. Okay, so yeah, Gremlins is considered a Christmas movie because the story is set during the holiday season, featuring a Christmas present as the catalyst for the whole plot of it, incorporating elements like.
Speaker 4: Oh, that makes sense. He got it as a Christmas present. Yeah, it was all about a Christmas present, got it?
Speaker 1: So, but you can make it all about a birthday present.
Speaker 5: Oh, but it wasn't and Home Alone was like that robbery could happen anytime of the year. That whole movie's at him being home alone. This is about Christmas and they got animals.
Speaker 4: I kind of see what he's saying, Amy, But the whole.
Speaker 5: Point of this too is I've not seen many Christmas movies, and those are my mount Rushmore for Christmas movies. Santa Claus, Elf, I'm up at Christmas, Carol and Gremlins.
Speaker 4: Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 5: That up, Amy, gimme yours, Elsa.
Speaker 4: You put it number one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love Elf? Home Alone?
Speaker 4: Is that just a spite by?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 6: I've always had it as a top Christmas movie. It probably moved up on the list because how many do you want me to pick?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 1: Uh? What's the one, Eddie? Is it White Christmas? Or Miracle on thirty four?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 4: Which one is it?
Speaker 1: Where there's the money?
Speaker 4: Are they black and white?
Speaker 1: And the little girl and the bell?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's it.
Speaker 1: It's a wonderful life, Angel gets its wings?
Speaker 5: Should you mount Rushmore that if you don't even know what it is?
Speaker 1: I just get them confused.
Speaker 5: Did you mean to say Grimlins?
Speaker 4: I didn't, Okay, got it?
Speaker 5: I thought maybe you're gonna want to say Grimlins.
Speaker 1: No, so which one is it?
Speaker 6: It's a wonderful as it's a wonderful life that and I only watched that recently because Eddie made us.
Speaker 4: I think phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's so good.
Speaker 5: It doesn't hold up right, but it's just magical because it was made back then and we like tradition.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just so good. And I'm shot that it's not on your Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 5: I've never ever seen it. I don't watch that crap. The only thing I ever watched black and White was Andy Griffith's show. And if Arkansas Keith was watching gun Smoke in the black and white days, I've watched a little bit of that.
Speaker 4: Otherwise, I don't watch anything black and white.
Speaker 1: And the last one Holiday Harmony.
Speaker 4: Oh you have you in it?
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 1: What you have to be in a Christmas movie? What do you want to say? Any anything from Hallmark?
Speaker 4: You don't have another favorite, though, like a real favorite? I mean no, like Scrooged, No with Bill Murray.
Speaker 7: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess like National Lampoons.
Speaker 6: Those are funny Christmas vacations.
Speaker 1: So fine, I'll do that if you want to.
Speaker 4: Know you can do your own.
Speaker 5: That's up now to you still get in checks to that, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Get royalty checks. Sometimes they're seventy five cents. Sometimes they're forty seven dollars. One time it said because of a foreign screening, So I don't know what country was. Maybe had just gotten it or something. I got seventy five dollars right Christmas?
Speaker 4: Wait, that means Amy's international? Yeah, she's internationally famous. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if they dubbed us, dubbed our voiceover, you.
Speaker 5: Know, And if you guys want to see the movie that Amy's in Holiday Harmony, it is on HBO Max.
Speaker 2: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: We self launched our New Year's resolutions, because if you soft launched something, then hopefully you will hard launch it and it will go smoothly. I think that's kind of the intention behind this. So everybody shared theirs and what they're hoping to accomplish in twenty twenty six. Maybe you want to soft launch yours. I don't know that I have any New Year's resolutions. I'm just kind of hoping to continue the year focused on my health, and I think I'm just gonna leave it at that because resolutions now ever, seemed to work out very well for me.
Speaker 5: Number four, time to soft launch our New Year's resolutions because you can go and kind of get started, like dribbling in. If you get started now, you get remotivated when the new year hits again.
Speaker 1: They say you should whose day the people. Yeah, okay, man, you know you know the people.
Speaker 5: Just a few weeks left in twenty twenty five, but we should be soft launching our New Year's resolutions to boost our chance of succeeding. So for me, it's always been if you just start doing it like mid December, you get re energized at January first, and then you kind of will fall off anyway.
Speaker 1: But for your head.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and if you can see real progress, that makes you actually want to do it more so you want to soft launch a resolution. I gave you no time to think about it, but I'll give you one of mine. Not be terrible Dad.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Well, that should just be a given.
Speaker 5: It makes so I had a terrible dad, why wouldn't I be a terrible dad.
Speaker 4: And that's not like a New year resolution, new life. I do it one year at a time.
Speaker 1: You're a good dog dad.
Speaker 5: Well human dad though, now got that coming up. So my resolution is to not be a dead beat dad.
Speaker 4: Hey man, that's a good start, right start, start for the bottom, working a way out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anything for you, gosh, just off the top of my head. I have got to be better about lifting heavier weights.
Speaker 5: Oh, I though you're gonna say, like lifting your spirits, lifting others up, just written.
Speaker 6: Heavier, challenging myself a little more my bone density.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh so you're afraid that if you don't use it, you'll lose it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm already losing it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: I think just for women my age, this is one of those things they say that's very important. I've already started them way ahead. I've already started the creatine, so I already have that going for me. And I just need to make sure I'm got adequate protein and I'm lifting heavy things, like even if it's just six reps, like as heavy as I can go.
Speaker 1: I need to be doing that.
Speaker 4: Cool. That's a good one. I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you've seen that from the people. The people they say.
Speaker 5: People people, They I don't know who they are.
Speaker 6: I don't know every middle aged woman I follow online now and keeps talking about how important resistance training is and like actually living lifting something heavy, So that eighty year old me isn't you know, falling and can't get up?
Speaker 4: Love it, Eddie. I think I'm going to start doing something fun once a week, like with my wife, like with your wife. Yeah, yeah, like like go on a date or something like. We are so just exhausted from parenting and we never go out, We never go out to eat, just her and I. So that's gonna be my I think that's going to be my resolution to do that once a week.
Speaker 7: That's a lot.
Speaker 4: That's that's a lot.
Speaker 5: Almost you almost setting yourself up for failure to say once a week, so what like a month. I don't want to give your own resolution, but yeah, I mean every couple of weeks, because some weeks you're just not going to be able to do it, and then as soon as you don't do it for a few weeks, you're like, well, we kind of screwed this up, so why should we even try anymore?
Speaker 4: Okay, well it's soft lunch, so let me read think that's true. It's true. We're not hard yet.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hey, and so when we get hard, you can you can come back to that lunchbox.
Speaker 11: Well, my resolution this year was making moves, and I did make moves. Did they all work out? In my favorite note.
Speaker 5: What moves did you make? In twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 11: Well, I had that little show on YouTube that I did with Pigeon Forge, the reality show. That was one of my moves. I went to La attempted to be on prices right, like I made moves. So next year, my soft resolution is clean shaven.
Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 11: Not every day, no, no, not every day, but like I go a couple of days and it's just like ah, man, then I just give up and don't shave because I just and it's not that I like the beer. It's just laziness. And so I'm gonna try to be more clean shaven.
Speaker 4: And this is because you're you're gonna get more.
Speaker 7: No, no, it it helps the moves, the moves.
Speaker 11: I was just talking about my moves, just to brag about my man moves.
Speaker 4: And all you were bragging.
Speaker 5: Yes, I was gonna not catch about not getting.
Speaker 4: On prices right.
Speaker 5: Well that was he tried, it didn't make them right.
Speaker 11: And then also the job with the Nashville. See the soccer job I applied for, Like I got that. You didn't get that, but I but I didn't make excuse.
Speaker 7: I made moves. I was attempting to make moves.
Speaker 4: I got you attempted to make moods. Twenty twenty five was you attempting?
Speaker 7: It was making moves. Not all the moves worked out.
Speaker 4: What moves worked out?
Speaker 5: The one reality show, it's more of a competition, an internet competition series. It's not really reality shows competition.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah that's why. Yeah, dad, So I mean that one really kind of worked out. But besides that, it didn't really work out.
Speaker 11: But I did stuff, Like usually you always say I'm all talking, I never do anything.
Speaker 7: So I did stuff. This year made moves.
Speaker 5: So twenty twenty five is a year off you attempting to make moves. Twenty twenty six is the year of you attempting to shave more, not be lazy.
Speaker 7: No, it's not about being lazy. Well, it was about being the shaving is about being lazy.
Speaker 11: Like when it comes in here and I mean my beard grows like a man like it's a manly beard.
Speaker 7: It's just it's not that I love it. It's just I never. After about two days, I'm like, oh my gosh, now it's long.
Speaker 11: I really want to shave. And then I wait till I get a haircut and just have them shave it off while I'm.
Speaker 7: At the barber.
Speaker 4: You get a hair you're gonna shave at the barber. I've never done. No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: That's when it comes in like all fresh, like a baby.
Speaker 11: No no, it's not like a straight raiz or shave. They just take the clippers and just do that real quick.
Speaker 4: They do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, oh can you just take that off too, and they just like it's hair.
Speaker 4: Can I get a one on my face? Yeah? Really?
Speaker 3: Help?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well when is it? Do you come in real salt? Do you do that?
Speaker 7: And then I finish it?
Speaker 1: I got get home? You do that? Okay?
Speaker 4: I think you should try to make moves again. All right, I'll make more move with a fresh shave, shaved beard, shave face, like.
Speaker 5: Maybe twenty twenty six should be the year of making more than one move.
Speaker 4: So you made move in twenty twenty five. No, no, you didn't really make moves. You made move.
Speaker 7: I made move.
Speaker 4: He made move.
Speaker 7: I mean I attempted to make moves. You can't predict that they're all going to work out.
Speaker 5: Okay, but I'm just saying twenty twenty five the year have you made? Move? Twenty twenty six should be moved kah plural? All right, everybody soft launch Yeah again, we'll get we'll get hard after January first, but right now, just soft okay, yeah, all right, it's the.
Speaker 2: Best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Bobby took some more dad steps recently. He was putting together the bascinet and the stroller for him and Caitlin's first child. So very exciting stuff happening in Bobby's household.
Speaker 5: Number three, So this weekend I put together a basinet. I wasn't even sure what a basinet was, but a bascinet is basically a baby crib for super baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, an alternate crib.
Speaker 1: What do you call it? Super baby?
Speaker 4: Because small?
Speaker 5: Once a baby grows out of a basket, this goes basnet anymore? Oh yeah, the most baby part of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, is that not true? It's interesting how you Yeah, I don't know. You grow out of a basinet way before you do a crib, you do, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you guys.
Speaker 5: Only my interpretation of what I say, Yeah, and then it grows into a baby, and then it grows into a toddler, so it's at super babies grows up. Yeah, so built a bassinet at least put it together. But that one was pretty easy.
Speaker 4: And then we.
Speaker 5: Put together a car seat stroller situation that has like multiple and you just and it goes into the car seat. That thing kind of sucked to put together. And then I went over to the YouTube to watch how they were putting it together, and they they didn't use any words, They didn't say anything. It was just like a mime. She'd be like put up the finger of wine and be like first move and they just show you like talk.
Speaker 4: I need you to tell me what you're doing.
Speaker 5: And I assume what they're doing is because people are watching it from all different countries, but just do different language ones because I'm trying to watch what you're doing. It was so annoying, like, tell me what you're doing. I coudn't find this.
Speaker 1: Here's the only one.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: There wasn't multiple people that had how to videos for this particular kind.
Speaker 5: I went and I did, and I did the code, the QR code, and went to the official site that showed me the specific model that I had, and they didn't talk in it. They only just showed you and it was super annoying. I'm not even sure that the car part of the I don't know if it feels like that a flip over. I did like a practice baby, so I don't hurt the real baby.
Speaker 4: You should probably double check make sure everything's good on all those things that you're building a.
Speaker 1: Trial run well.
Speaker 5: And then we have mirrors for the cars because I guess you put a mirror somewhere so you can see the baby because who know, car seats can't face forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a certain age where they have to face I want the baby to face the open road. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Back in my day, babies weren't even a car seat.
Speaker 4: Just stripped.
Speaker 5: You didn't even see baltum. You just you crammed them in that thing on the top of the back.
Speaker 4: Seat between the window and the You know what's crazy, though, is that you forget like it takes forever for them to get to the front seat. Like I start thinking like, oh, I mean, they're six, they can come to the front seat now. But the laws are also different. They can't get to the front seat to.
Speaker 1: Like, they're not.
Speaker 6: Thirteen, I thought, or something like that. Whatever, it's like size and weight five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what we did. We have we got. I mean, we're loaded up.
Speaker 5: And I keep putting up in black and white because I know if I have put any color in it, people are gonna be like, oh, it's a boy. Up, it's a girl. So I may I put all the pictures in black and white.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was wondering why you were.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you were being artsy. Y.
Speaker 5: I thought I'm the least artsy person when it comes to Instagram.
Speaker 4: Is that in war?
Speaker 5: I was like, I don't even know what it is. I just go to where it removes the color. And because I was wearing blue BYU shorts and I was like, Okay, I'm not going to post this because people are going to think it's an easter.
Speaker 1: Would people think the shorts you're wearing would be.
Speaker 4: The like because people do that?
Speaker 5: Because people do that of course, Or if I had on at a pink hoodie once had to do it too, and it was like, I can't post this because people are going to think I'm giving like some sort of easter ege.
Speaker 4: What I thought was funny about your pictures though, that you were not smiling at all. No, it's you.
Speaker 5: I was so irritated the fact that YouTube had no words on it. We ended up finding a TikTok where they did talk a little bit, but it wasn't good. I figured it out kind of, I'm not sure yet. And it's one of those two where after like a certain point, you take off because there's like a bascinet type thing on top of the stroller that turned into a car seat. It's like a transformer. Yeah, and then you go and you put in some sort of piece of equipment and then it goes to level two. That's want to go super baby.
Speaker 4: To regular baby?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we have all these parts stored as well. But then I'm wondering, so those parts actually be a part of it. It's like when you build something from my kiya and they're part left over. That's kind of where we are right now.
Speaker 1: I would just hold on to all parts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do, but now they've all got mixed in with each other. Boy, so I don't know what's car seat parts, what's stroller parts, what's fascinette.
Speaker 1: Parts, crib parts?
Speaker 5: And then YouTube TV wouldnt connect coudn't watch the game while I was up there doing that, so I had it on my phone and had my phone propped up on the couch watching it. That also could have been the reason I was messing some of the stuff up. But that's where we are. A lot of people are like, hey, what are you guys doing. We're building the what's it called nursery, nursery that's called Yeah, yeah, we're pretty much there. We're getting close.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Amy had quite the seat neighbors. She saw him scrolling on his phone very openly, looking at some things that she found quite disturbing, a little bit creepy, and she wants to know everybody's thoughts. Maybe it's not creepy.
Speaker 4: Number two, All right, what happened?
Speaker 6: So I'm sitting on a flight and the guy next to me, I'm just guessing his age. Let's say he's sixty years old, and he is on his phone scrolling through what looks like Instagram.
Speaker 1: But every account, I kid you not.
Speaker 6: Is like some sexy girl doing some sexy move or post.
Speaker 1: Or outfit and predominantly Asian.
Speaker 9: Oh all right, the Asian no he was white, and everybody's got to think and creepy quite honestly, Like he went from normal old white guy to instant creep And I'm like, do you know I can see your phone and you just don't care or are you not thinking and not aware? Because I mean he's just like this, you know, scrolling wedding ring, probably a granddad.
Speaker 4: What was he like zooming in or anything like or just kind of going.
Speaker 6: I mean, but he had a bunch of accounts just as fast as he could see him, He's swipeing, I mean occasionally be like, oh yeah, there's my neighbor Jim, Like, I don't know it.
Speaker 5: Mostly in his feed was hot Asian girls.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it was it was his neighbor or who he's following. It could have been under his discover or for you.
Speaker 7: What is wrong with that? What is wrong with liking women?
Speaker 11: Guy? What if he looked at yours and be like, oh my gosh, this girl was just looking at a bunch of therapists and yogi people like, I mean, he could think you're.
Speaker 7: Creepy for that.
Speaker 1: He might and that is his opinion.
Speaker 6: That's totally fine, And I can feel weird about him sitting there as an older man flipping through all these young girls.
Speaker 5: You know, Yes, it was mostly that it was public, like he just didn't care because he's not doing anything illegal.
Speaker 1: No, he's not at all. But I just was like, ew ew ew ew. I don't know how to describe it. Maybe vomit.
Speaker 5: If you were to pull up your fore you page, which I just did, Okay, what would be on there? I can give you some of my videos here. I have a lot of college football Arkansas. I have Arkansas's fired their offensive line coach. I have Russian salaries that will blow your mind. I have Lane Kiffin just bought a house and Baton rouge. I have some watches, and I have different forms of bacon.
Speaker 4: You have no girls on there? No, do you want to see it just to prove it to you?
Speaker 5: Like there are no girls. It's all sports. There's a golf club or like food, like healthy food.
Speaker 4: I'm the girl in the middle. What's she? That is?
Speaker 5: Daniel Fisher who does podcast the paying.
Speaker 4: On that Amy will shame you.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, do not do that.
Speaker 1: The same thing.
Speaker 6: If y'all were sitting next to this guy, you'd be like, what in the world and that's.
Speaker 5: It's a video from her on Dancing with the Stars talking about it. So I think that's probably why it's in my feed. Do you want to see my whole feed? There are no girls on it.
Speaker 1: We believe you.
Speaker 4: It's all Asian girls. I pulled mine up, Amy, what's on?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: So I pulled up just a little search thing. The first thing is my Sicilian mother's version of mac and cheese.
Speaker 5: So yours is a lot of cooking.
Speaker 6: Uh, Jessica Simpson talking about o G Reality Stars. Some girl at Target that bought a big, big, huge nutcracker Reese's thing.
Speaker 4: Pull yours up, Eddie, you want to see mine? See?
Speaker 6: Oh this girl putting eyelash extensions on her eyebrows.
Speaker 5: Nothing scandalous in yours or mine, Eddie.
Speaker 4: Just show it to me. Here you go. Do you have any girls I'm peppered in like Jennifer Andison's right there. Yeah, there's a girl singing the national anthem.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But just because it's a girl doesn't mean.
Speaker 4: It's girl, you know.
Speaker 5: But there's mostly cowboys like Dallas Cowboys, Dallas.
Speaker 4: Cowboys, Michael Jackson and Michael Jackson for some.
Speaker 5: Reason, but not like young because once an Eddie's algorithm is a bunch of dancing college girls.
Speaker 4: There was, yeah, and you don't know how, you don't know how they got there. I worked hard to get rid of that. Yeah, anytime I saw a dancing college girl, be like, no, get it right, no more.
Speaker 5: So we want to say, what about that guy?
Speaker 1: He mean, oh nothing.
Speaker 6: I just thought it was interesting, Like I I guess what I thought was most interesting is that he just was out there with it.
Speaker 1: You know, right there for the whole playing to see.
Speaker 5: So then what I think will take from this segment is when you're in public, people a probably looking at your phone, Oh for.
Speaker 6: Sure, definitely, especially if you're over there swiping on, especially because you're an old white man.
Speaker 5: And if you're an old white man with a wedding ring, he's probably.
Speaker 1: A yeah, then then I'm I'm looking at you.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's our lesson from this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: And speaking of Bobby becoming a dad, Lunchbox wants him to have a datchelor party. Now. I've heard of baby moons where the couple will go together on a honeymoon s type trip before the baby comes to share time together before the baby's here, and a lot of things change. I don't think I've ever heard of a bachelor party. I don't hate it, but maybe the moms also have a mom chrolorette party.
Speaker 5: Number one Lunchbox think I should have a bachelor party?
Speaker 4: Would what would that even be?
Speaker 7: It's one last hurrah before the baby is born.
Speaker 5: Now, if you feel like it's weird, tho when guys have a bachelor party and they go one last who raw? Your last who raw was before you got in a serious relationship.
Speaker 7: You know, it's not that.
Speaker 11: It's more like one last time with the boys, and you think, oh, the bachelor party is it? And you get married, you realize, man, I still live kind of life. I can go on a guy's trip. I can go do this if I want. Once a kid is involved, it's harder to get away. So the new trend is the dachelor party.
Speaker 5: So what would you expect me to do for a dachelar party?
Speaker 11: You you would go to a sporting event somewhere. I don't know what time of year you're gonna go. Go to a sporting event. You would take your golf club, play a few rounds of golf and maybe maybe dabble in the casino and then maybe have a night of fruity alcohol free cocktail.
Speaker 4: Ruddy, Oh got it? Got it?
Speaker 7: Like I have a nice dinner.
Speaker 4: In the world. I don't know, dude, your dad know where you're going party?
Speaker 11: It's his dachelor party, and so I just think some exotic, cool place that you know it's gonna be hard to get to, you wanted to go to before there is a baby involved.
Speaker 4: Here's here's my problem with this. Like you've had many, many years to do whatever he's saying, lots of fruity interactions, the sporting events. You want to dabble in a casino, like you've done all this. I think we did that in Vegas a few months ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah that was pre baby.
Speaker 5: Okay, but last Hurrah he's saying, it's the last hurrah.
Speaker 4: Hey, do you want this?
Speaker 5: I don't think it's a last hurra?
Speaker 4: Am I wrong about that?
Speaker 7: No, it's it's.
Speaker 4: A lot harder. You're not gonna be able to do a lot, right, Yeah, it changes, He's right about that.
Speaker 5: But I don't do a lot of that stuff now.
Speaker 4: That's my point is, like, why would you want to do it now?
Speaker 5: How would I do another hurrah that I'm not even I mean, I don't know. I feel like if I want to go to a game, or was I go to game.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's like just in case, just in case.
Speaker 11: Just in case, Like you get because you think your wife was going to say, just go to the game, but when that baby is crying and needs diapers and it gets a little stressful, and sometimes you just no, I really need to stay home.
Speaker 5: You're like, oh, pre first baby, did you guys have an idea of what it would be like? And there was way different post first baby?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, I did for sure. Okay, I didn't think it was gonna be as hard because my dad, like he didn't do a lot, you know, like he didn't ever change diapers, He didn't really do anything as far as like raising a kid. That was my mind of it. My wife had a different idea of that.
Speaker 5: So you were surprised by how much the expectation was out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you're putting stuff together and warming up bottles in the middle of the night. Yeah, cleaning the bottles with those little brushes, Yeah, a lot of work. Wasn't expecting that. What about you?
Speaker 11: I would say, I didn't realize, like there's no quick run to go do something like Hey, I'm just gonna go watch the game over at Shawn's house. Oh wait, you have an appointment. I mean someone has to watch the baby. Oh man, okay, guess I'm not gonna go to Sean say you know what I mean. Like it was just a lot of difficult too, like that you can't just run into the gas stations.
Speaker 7: Oh I gotta load up the baby. I just gotta run to get milk.
Speaker 4: So if you have the baby, you can't just run in.
Speaker 11: You got to get the baby in the car. Then you gotta take the car seat out and run in. It's just a shocker, that's like, yes, there's a lot less time. You don't realize how much time this baby is gonna take. Like it takes a lot of freaking time.
Speaker 4: Man, Hey Scooba, what about you?
Speaker 5: What was your expectation pre first baby versus post just first baby?
Speaker 12: So for me, I was just excited in a different way because I grew up without a father, So I was excited to have the opportunity to be a father.
Speaker 4: And then for me, he put you guys in your place.
Speaker 12: That's how it was, and then after the fact then it really hit me how fast they grow, and like in the moment, you're like, oh, there'll be a baby forever, and then snap, they're seven years old and they're in school and they have a personality and a character. And then it weighs me emotionally that that I wasn't maybe as president as I should have been when they were younger. So I guess for me to hit me at in a different way than you guys, But.
Speaker 4: I thought you were present when they were younger. I was, but not as much as I thought.
Speaker 11: He started off saying how president he was I was.
Speaker 12: I don't know which one was I to be. To be fair, I had three kids. In the first one, we're just talking about first one on though. The first one, I was there so much. I was involved in every from doctor visits to anything and everything. I was very involved in the first, second and third not so much.
Speaker 4: Sounds like it went to Shawn's house, at trucks, at the gas station.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and it was tough, like doctor's appointments, Like my wife had a doctor's appointment once a week.
Speaker 12: It's like, man, it was cool to go to see it all and be able to watch the sonogram and everything and to feel the baby and see it like it was.
Speaker 4: A cool experience. Cool, that's cool. But it's a lot though.
Speaker 5: It's but even I'm saying I post baby, like your expectations pre and then post.
Speaker 7: Yeah, post, I thought I was still gonna be going to Broadway.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, dude. My dad was at Applebee's like every day, So I thought I was gonna go to Applebee's, come home and the.
Speaker 5: Excuda's write enough freaking fantasy book about his baby experience while he's dare perfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't want to be hanging anywhere except for with my kids. Ye if you if you mean it, that's awesome. I really did mean it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and my kid went everywhere and some people were like, you shouldn't go anywhere with your kid, like putting this glass box.
Speaker 4: No, screw that.
Speaker 12: Your kids should be part of your life and what you do. So my son will with me every where we went. We had Disney annual passes. He went to Disney as a baby baby. As a baby baby, yeah, three months old at Disney.
Speaker 4: First, that's his first. What happened to the other two? He was like, I should have spent more time.
Speaker 5: We weren't talking about two and three because again, this would be my first Yeah, I'm just saying, look, he is he is, but I think he's telling the truth.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was very, very involved and super excited to be a father.
Speaker 11: Hold on, my kids still went places defensive.
Speaker 5: Now, I mean, okay, I knew this would turn into this. I was literally just asking a question. Maybe a natural party. Probably not. I don't think I need one. No, I's not stupid. It's really stupid.
Speaker 12: It's really not You're not gonna be invited, so don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: And that wraps us for the weekend Best Bits Part two. Again encourage you to check out Part one and part three this weekend with Amy. I think you'll really enjoy it. And if that is not up your speed, you can check out my podcast Take This Personally. This past week I had on Raina Cohen. She's an author of the book The Other Significant Others and talks about how friendship is just as important as romantic love and why she feels that way. Plus I have my sister joining to talk about becoming a new mom. Here soon over the holidays, and I do a holiday struggle episode, so check those out. I think you'll really enjoy them as well. Maybe you won't enjoy any of it, and then at that point you were also just a scooge.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend go follow the show on all social platforms. Show and followed Webgirl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.