Speaker 1: Well, good a bowl.
Speaker 2: Chat Hi, Hi, Hi, don't rush through it. Nate is here as a guest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got me for a whole ninety second.
Speaker 2: Well you keep every time we talk, you make it less because you said eight and a half minutes ago, ten minutes you want to join us, and I go, I got ten minutes for you, and you said great, Happy holidays?
Speaker 1: Is perfect at that it's early.
Speaker 2: For the holidays.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: Halloween was just on Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now it's officially the holiday season.
Speaker 1: I saw a YouTube ad for holiday things.
Speaker 2: What holiday? Thanksgid, Christmas? The Christmas? Okay, that's the holiday. Well did they have and they have the hankah things too?
Speaker 1: I don't really see honkah.
Speaker 2: Mench on the bench. I know we don't have much. We have mench on the bench and and that's it. We don't have much. It's really disappointed, Dradel. You got to work on something else, you know what. I could have a million dollar idea with some honkah thing for being first in like the market as a holidays go not always though. The Jewish people really let us down as far as like commercializing it.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, fix it.
Speaker 2: No, we have stuff but we just don't have enough. Like we tried to do like the honka bush didn't work.
Speaker 3: It didn't work, It didn't catch on. There's no like tradition behind a honka bush, right, like you know, actually have a bush.
Speaker 2: No, and some people will just like get a white Christmas tree. It's not a Christmas tree. It's just a tree. You make it what it is, you know, it's just a tree, and then you turn it into whatever. So you could get either a white or a blue tintally kind of tree the tree and then put honkka stuff on it. Pause you never had a tree to begin with, right, that's correct? Where does it like you're just copying. No, we're making it our own. Here's the thing, and this is what this was there a burning bush? Didn't most have a burning bush? Can't you do something like the hanka bush?
Speaker 1: Because who's lighting a bush?
Speaker 3: That has nothing to do with the hanka tradition?
Speaker 2: It doesn't. But we just want to hang things on things too, you know. But that's the thing you see, for me, a Christmas tree doesn't green Jesus. It's just a thing that that you celebrate with who cares?
Speaker 3: That's more.
Speaker 2: That's why Jewish people could have a tree in their house. It doesn't mean Hi Jesus. It's just a tree. It doesn't it's not religious.
Speaker 1: Along the lines of like you see a box of tissues and you call them like a kleenex.
Speaker 2: That's really.
Speaker 1: With Christmas.
Speaker 2: I never call tissues kleenex. I think that's so so Okay, So you call Q tips, well, yes, I don't call it cotton swabs. I say past the Q tips.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you say that and you associate it with you don't say cotton swab. The same way you walk in and you see a tree that has a bunch of ornaments on it, and you say, oh, that's a Christmas tree.
Speaker 2: But not if they're little dradals and Menora's on it.
Speaker 1: But but if it is there, I'd say, why are there dradles and Manora's on the Christmas Christmas tree?
Speaker 2: Exactly? It's not a hanka tree. If it's not green, then it can be it's a Hankah bush.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying you're taking the thing that like more people know it for and then being like.
Speaker 3: This is ours now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, just trying to get a little piece. I'm not claiming it, but.
Speaker 3: There's nothing original, like even mention a bench. It was elf on a shelf and you're like, just what rhymes with a seat like a bench? Men?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Perfect, So then.
Speaker 2: Let's come up with something original. You're the jude, I know, but you guys have ideas.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like doesn't have any rhymes? This is going to sound ignorant like the drado The sides of the dradle, what do they say?
Speaker 2: Gimmel hey? None and and what does that mean? Those are letters? And when you play the dradle game, when none means none, so you get nothing. One of them means you put in something you take, so it's like a magic a. Yeah, well no, because that just tells you stupid things. This You spend it and you either get money or guilt or you give Oh it's kind of like it's like gambling with a dradal.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: I never knew that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like you have the menora and that's like a pretty I remember the Rugrats Hanukah episode and that really taught me about you know.
Speaker 2: One for each night they shed a sweet light to remind us of days long ago.
Speaker 1: You have it already.
Speaker 2: It's the menora Yeah, you really dropped the ball on this whole. We could have done something better with the no.
Speaker 3: No, no.
Speaker 1: When I already go to Boca and during like the holiday season. That manorrea that they have is gigantic, beautiful.
Speaker 2: Well up in uh where's it in in Columbus Circle somewhere over there? Yeah, is the world's biggest minormal.
Speaker 1: I think it already exists. It's just it's it's the manora.
Speaker 3: You know, I'll tell your part of the problem is you don't always have Hanukah on the same day.
Speaker 2: It changes sometimes it's even after Christmas.
Speaker 4: You get who's the head of the Jewish religion, the big Rabbi? Okay, can you call it like Moses, Moses he's his dead. Can't call Moses, but there's no can't call Jesus called the Pope exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nobody you can call. It's like the Grand Rebby or something. But it's different because all Jews are like different, we have different the problem the orthodogility day, it needs to be the same. I don't know if they can change things. Now. It's an ancient ancient calendar. I mean, this is the year like fifty seven, fifty something or forty something. It's like, Ques, we've got We've got a lot more years on you.
Speaker 1: That's what's questionable about the Bible too, because in the Bible, those people were living for hundreds of years. Oh yeah, Mathusel is like, I don't know what you're talking about. I just know that it's it's old Testament. So you should know that.
Speaker 2: Fifty seven forty eight or something this year, okay, God putting that on your checks. Yes, it was still right, fifty seven forty five. Goodness.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: There actually are parts of the world where they have a different calendar system really yeah, and times too.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, So it's not this time there, no, I think different days times, Yeah, they just go yeah, I think. Also it's the year calendar system. Well anyway for next time, not this year.
Speaker 1: Zodiac thing, that's not the Actually they have a year of the dog. Yeah, they like draw a little dog on their chicks. No, hear the cock's my favorite.
Speaker 3: Not the same kind of cock.
Speaker 2: No, the chicken, the thing with the red gobbler thing on the bottom of his neck. The gizzard what do you call that? It it has a name that it's not a gizzard, that's an invest on the top of their head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a wattle. Yes, it's a wattle. Huh, wattle battle. That was a good song, that duck the duck song that my kids used to like. Great, the lemonade stand this non't this just goes up and we say God bless anyway.
Speaker 2: So listen. So next Tonica, we're going to come up with some why not there's not enough time. No, we're going to come up with something brand new that's gonna catch on.
Speaker 1: It's nothing that needs to be new.
Speaker 2: What you just established that there's inventions every day.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the can't create tradition?
Speaker 2: Yes you can. Somebody did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hundreds of dods of years ago.
Speaker 2: So what let's do a new and there's new traditions.
Speaker 3: All the time. It's like no smiths songs they hello.
Speaker 2: Mention on the bench is a new thing, and that's your tradition now with people?
Speaker 1: Is it? Because I don't see many people with mensh on the bench?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: That's like elf on a shelf. I don't think that caught on. Yes it did catch it. I never have done an elf on a shelf. You weren't a kid. I wasn't a kid. I just came out the womb a year.
Speaker 2: You didn't have it back then, okay, it only it's only in the last like ten years. That off on the shelf is a big thing, all right. So if we go on the air with the show and we talk about mention a bench, we'll have a lot of Jewish people calling in, so they will have heard of it, yes, but they haven't purchased one. See, that's the whole point, is something some have we have one? Do I still think you need something different, of course, something that you're going to invent, something brand new that people are gonna drag out of the attic every year.
Speaker 1: No, the menora is that, but this needs to be more staple item. What do I do for Christmas?
Speaker 3: Every year?
Speaker 1: I put up a Christmas tree. You have so much when it's Hanukkah, I put up the menora.
Speaker 2: You have so much stuff, trees and balls and stockings and everything.
Speaker 1: But they all go on the tree. The trees, the ball is a stocking, the.
Speaker 2: Stock a fireplace stocking.
Speaker 1: I've never done you know what that you're route you gotta do something with the stocking.
Speaker 2: And we do that also with those blue and white ones. But you're just copying the Christmas one. So it should be a sock then, not a stocking.
Speaker 1: Maybe you like a post box. Maybe it's something with like the dradle and you need.
Speaker 2: About the hanaka Harness, it's like an S and M thing. Alright, all right, I'm just trying to think of just trying to think of H's honka something.
Speaker 3: Now my ten minutes is up. Eight minutes ago. All right, it was great. Well, last I expect an original idea.
Speaker 1: If it's then Harness, it's done.
Speaker 2: Think of something moving on. A lot of people finish the temple and go right to their s and m Honikah. Harry is our guy, so I'm gonna consult with him. Yeah, I'm going to consult with him. Harry. Is he comes down the chimney.
Speaker 3: You don't go to get another rip off, you're just ripping off Santa Claus. Yes, and Harry is only let me tell you, does he come at Honikah?
Speaker 2: Harry came first? And what happened was his beard? What he came down the chimney and got white ash all over it and became Santa. And now steps why Santa has a white beard?
Speaker 1: What are you saying.
Speaker 2: Can you move over now?
Speaker 3: Since Nate leader like Hanakah Herschel or something.
Speaker 2: That Harry hanaka Harry.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold up, Harry isn't a Jewish name.
Speaker 2: We made that up in Hebrew School.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many days of Hanakah are there?
Speaker 2: Eight? Eight? Yes, it begins with a cea. Sometimes it goes either way.
Speaker 3: Harry doesn't begin with a C.
Speaker 1: No, but that's when it's h Harry is for the h You're never gonna win with this. This is honestly like just Scott's mind. You're inside of it and it just doesn't make sense. I think you have do something with the dradal that to me feels very marketable already there I know, but do something different with it, like make it the honka. I don't know. We have advent calendars basically do something with an advent calendar.
Speaker 2: Sure there is one, then it's just a honka advent cat all right, So then we didn't do something with a dradal. With the trends, like the current trends, they may like go on TikTok and find things that are popular and relate it to a dradal.
Speaker 3: I'm reading about Hankah Harry.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I told you it's a thing. You know when it started, Yeah, probably like nineteen ninety something.
Speaker 3: Saturday Night Live with John Lovett's There You Go, and they called in the skit they called Hanika Harriet his Workshop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Mount Sinai, that's right, So the late seventies, early eighties John Lovet's it's season five.
Speaker 1: But it's also an SNL bit.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a Mount Sinai on Long Island. There's lots of Biblical towns on Long Island. There's Jericho and Babylon. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that's where I feel. I wish I could go back to colonial times to be able to name a town that sounds fun really, Yeah, can be able to name a town Andrewville? Yeah, okay, andy Burg, andy Burg, Oh, that's a good I wouldn't even andy Burg.
Speaker 2: I bet there is an andy Burg somewhere. Look it up, all right. I would just call it. You would call it Flopstown. And on that note, see a lighter. Thanks for coming by. We love you're here. By the way. This is bull Chat, the sister podcast to Serial Killers, which airs every Monday. Today's Wednesday, So thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 3: And where do I send my invoice? We don't pay. Well that's a big cheat, but you might you.
Speaker 2: Might get like a follower two oh yeah straight or unfollow Yeah perhaps, all right, thanks for coming by, Mike drop scooch over a tiny bit can turn him down. Thank you. Anyway, I really wanted to talk about Halloween, and that's why you're wearing your black and orange sweatshirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I just wanted to wear it.
Speaker 2: How was your Halloween?
Speaker 1: It was great?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I went and I treated with my okay, and it was so she was so oh my god, it was a cute. She was Mirabelle. Did you just shut this off?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: From Incanto? Did you see in Conco?
Speaker 2: I saw pieces of it. Yes, that's the one that's the Day of the Dead one that's Coco. Oh, that's Coco today.
Speaker 1: Well, when we're recording this, it's November first.
Speaker 2: It's Day of the Dead, right, which one's in Conto?
Speaker 1: And Kanto is the one with mirabel and the doors is a hound. Yes, we don't talk about Yep. My goddaughter said the cutest thing in the entire world. What, oh my gosh, where is it?
Speaker 2: Cooper has been saying, really funny things too. And I love when kids says and they don't mean to say them. Yeah, it's so funny. What are you doing? Are you playing something with an ad now.
Speaker 1: House? That's her. She was sitting in front of the house. Happy Halloween House, Happy on the lawn.
Speaker 5: She was so she loved the lights so much that she just sat down and she would go up to people's houses and she'd go instead of saying happy Halloween, she kept saying happy Halloween house. Yeah, so effing cute, and then she would go trick or tree. Oh my god, my heart melted.
Speaker 2: So now you live in an apartment building, so you don't give candy out?
Speaker 1: Well that's why I wanted to go spend it with her. So what it was like the first Halloween? I could actually like people, I feel were able to go out and it wasn't like COVID terrifying.
Speaker 2: What do kids that live in cities do?
Speaker 1: I mean go trigger training in the streets? I saw it before I left streets. Well, yeah, at like a part at you know, Brownstone's, or if your apartment building does it? Like if I stayed home, I probably would have just put a little.
Speaker 2: Would you just sit outside with a chair. I'd probably just leave a little ball that creepy.
Speaker 1: Guy, leave a ball out with some outside or in your lobby side of my unit, like in the street. Now I live in an apartment building.
Speaker 2: No, but you walk outside. How the kids get in? They buzzed in.
Speaker 1: Well, usually in an apartment building there's families, and so they family can just ring all the doorbells or they knock on the doors. But I would just leave a little bowl of candy out just in case and if they wanted it, they could they could take.
Speaker 2: So you mean you could just get into your building without being buzzed in.
Speaker 1: No you can, No, no you can't. But again this is for the families who live in the building. I would leave okay, stuff out for them.
Speaker 2: I understand. And so you know, since we were out trick or treating, I left the out the candy outside. First of all, thank god for our relationship with eminem Mars, because you know, for the last like five years, all the kids in my neighborhood have been getting full sized candy bars nice and they seem to love it and they respect it. Yeah, like yesterday I put the box. I used this like scary like box that has like chains and blood on it and stuff fake it from some movie that they sent us years ago. But so I left it out and I put a sign that said please take one or two or three because there was so much. Yeah, and I think they liked the fact that I said that, because people that say just take one because like and they take the whole bucket. Yeah, you know, I think I think I did the right thing by saying take what you want, but not all of them.
Speaker 1: Well, I think ring doorbells also changed trigger trading a lot.
Speaker 2: No, because did you see the video of the kid taking the entire bucket and just giving the ring the finger and walking away. Terrible. Yeah, there's stuff like that all the time. Like my parents' entire bowl got stolen. They don't have a ring. Like after probably five thirty they decided to go inside to have dinner, and when they came back out to check on the candy, the entire bowl was gone.
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: That happened to me a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: That's sad. It is people should really like I don't know when yesterday, the kids were very respectful and there was also and I liked this. I had never seen this before. They put out like a picnic table, and that they would just sit there. And it's this way. You didn't have to ring the doorbell. They would just sit at the end of their driveway and hand them out.
Speaker 2: A lot of people sit outside.
Speaker 1: I thought that was very nice.
Speaker 2: Did you can you believe this? Hall? Like, Look, these are the kids that went treating with Cooper yesterday. Dang, look at all that. That's insane. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And you can't eat it. We have to donate most of that. You can't eat it. I brought a lot of it in here, Scary eight half. I was about to say all of Cooper's rejects I brought in. Yeah, she's not a fan of like, you know, the cheap candy, I mean Smarties and stuff like that. Oh, I love smarty rolls. So I brought that all in and Scary ravaged it. But she's also I couldn't she's not a fan of rollos. I couldn't believe it. I love a rollo.
Speaker 1: What is a rollo?
Speaker 2: Okay? So a rollo is a little round chocolate filled with caramel.
Speaker 3: Eh.
Speaker 2: They usually come in a roll and you just pop them off one by one.
Speaker 1: Huh. I don't think I like that.
Speaker 2: They're good.
Speaker 1: I like reasted peanut butter cups. You can always catch me at the repee.
Speaker 2: Always the favorite, although she did kind of she bailed on the little mini ones. She likes the full size cups, which aren't even full size anymore. When I mean when you were a kid, they were bigger when I was a kid, they were like monstrous.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was funny because when Tiana was going to grab some candy sometimes she would just be so enamored by what was going on, so we would take something. So I'd be like, Tiana, do you want this one? And I I selfishly took a recent peant butter cuts myself.
Speaker 2: It was so good. There was one house that ran out of candy and they were just giving out dollar bills. So there was a line at that house.
Speaker 1: Damn yeah for a dollar.
Speaker 2: Yes. I mean when I was a kid, they used to give us pennies and we would throw them back at the house.
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the lady that lived there was called the mean lady. H like this house. You didn't walk no, no, no, but you didn't walk anywhere near this woman's house because she would scream. She would scream bloody murder if you even just walked by the sidewalk, like if you were walking by her house, she would scream at you. We had a house like that too, like you didn't like I remember setting all the cops on us. Oh yes, I remember setting up a snoopy snowcone stand on the corner across from her house with two friends that I went to school with that we were in elementary school. Uhuh. She came out with a broom and her apron and was screaming good out and it was it was insane. And I don't understand how there's people like that. They're just such angry, angry, nasty people.
Speaker 1: But she died going on with in their life. And I remember she had a Dodge duster. It was mustard yellow. Yeah it was yeah, well, I mean that was the eighties. But anyway, we taking a break.
Speaker 2: Oh we'll be back right after this, and we're back. How you doing, buddy?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 2: So you know, I didn't see there. There were no standout costumes. There's nothing that I saw that I was like, Wow, that's creative and awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you see anything?
Speaker 2: I mean, my myke Cooper and her friends were Teletubbies, which I think were a couple of years off, but it was really cute.
Speaker 1: They did a really nice ties, like all of a sudden, everything new is old or old is new again. Yeah, so Teletubbies are having like a moment. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: On TikTok, I don't know, but they did. They did a nice job. And I made the little the screens. You know how they have screens. Yeahomics I used the air conditioning tape so it's like shiny, it's like tinfoil, sorry, aluminum foil. Yeah, so I made like a little thing.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 2: And yeah, no, I think they they did great. I mean the wigs were all ripped off halfway through because it was itching them. But Coop there was a trooper. She went through the whole time with her entire costume on nice. And I didn't wear anything this year. I usually wear something goofy, but.
Speaker 1: I just you weren't in the spirit.
Speaker 2: No, I was. I was just wearing my batty waffle house shirt.
Speaker 1: Mondays are just hello, Hell, Mondays are just.
Speaker 2: Did you just say lol?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: You don't say lol?
Speaker 1: I just did so Monday after like a Halloween week Oh what.
Speaker 2: You weren't lolling? Who is this? I don't know. You weren't laughing, so you can't say it. Just like when people text lol, they're not laughing out loud. Okay, you didn't want laughing out loud.
Speaker 1: I was loll u. So I think because Halloween weekend was so it was literally the two days before, everyone got it out of their system. So when it's on a Monday, it's almost like wom wam.
Speaker 2: And you know what's even stranger. I have a Halloween party this Saturday. Now, once the holiday's over, you don't get to do that. That's what I said. I don't want to dress up a week after Holloween.
Speaker 1: That is not smart.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it was the kind of thing where more people could come this Saturday than last Saturday. So I think he opted to have more people at the party. Yeah, I got a I think the costumes are gonna be half assed. Yeah, you know, it's just because people aren't going to care anymore after the fact.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, I have a wedding coming up, so are the same wedding I have? No, I have two weddings this month. I missed my friend Jesse's wedding. But she looked really really nice, and congratulations to her. But then I have one coming up this weekend. I'm going to cube before it, so that's gonna be fun. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Can you bring me cigars?
Speaker 1: You smoking a cigar? I would crack up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dud, I take one puff and I'll throw up. They're terrible. I used to when I was in high school. And hold on, I remember in high school, I rode my bike to the super X. That's where I got the electric youth that Wi Gibson perfume. And I would buy these Cherry Swisher cigars like little cigars wouldn't tip and it's like cherry, and I think I would be all cool and I would take one puff of it and I would totally vomita, But I would still buy them. I don't know why I have to board a corn cob pipe there one time packed it with cherry tobacco, delicious freaking Popeye. Sorry, I go back to the wedding.
Speaker 1: So it's in Cuba. That's going to be a very fun time.
Speaker 2: Now you just fly like like American airlines there. How do you get there? A regular airline flies there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Jet Blue flies there to Havana. Wow JFK. Yeah, I'm gonna listen to that song all weekend. I think, so pumped.
Speaker 2: Do you think it plays in the airport there NonStop where they're so sick of it?
Speaker 1: If I was in charge of the tourism board, which again it's still communist country, so there's a lot of red tape in that country of things that can and can't go on, I'm just saying the Cuban Tourism Board really should have taken advantage to that.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they did in some way, shape or form. We just don't know because we don't see Cuba stuff except the old cars from the fifties because they have nothing new.
Speaker 1: I'm so pumped to see those. It's all the old cars still. They have Internet, but like very uh spotty from what I've been told.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure it's very guarded. You can only see certain things.
Speaker 1: A lot of times. You can go to the park to get your reception. But I'm bringing my pocket Wi Fi, so hopefully that works.
Speaker 2: Is that what you call it? What pocket WiFi?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I call my dinger. I call it pocket wi Fi. Hey, you want to connect to my pocket Wi Fi.
Speaker 3: Give you the.
Speaker 2: Password if you have a small plug.
Speaker 1: What I'm actually very I'm pumped. I'm excited. You could get your visa actually in the airport when you book, so you could go and say, oh, I bought a ticket to Cuba. They give you your visa right there because you say you're going for enrichment purposes.
Speaker 2: No questions asked.
Speaker 1: No, it's so weird to me, I asked, because we grew.
Speaker 2: Up in a world where you you weren't allowed to do anything with Cuba. Yeah, and I remember a couple of years ago, you know, they opened up. You were allowed to go, like for educational whatever.
Speaker 1: They say it's for. You can still say that. A lot of times, that's like the loophole because like China was the same way when I went years ago. You needed to have like your visa. You have to state your intention of going. A lot of times it's just uh, the person at the airport just being like, next.
Speaker 2: Are there nice places to go there? Like they're like beautiful beaches and stuff.
Speaker 1: Havana has beautiful beaches. Yeah, I don't know if you're there's certain ones you're oh, tourists from the United States are not allowed on the beaches.
Speaker 2: Why it's just a law.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they would know in hindsight. Hmmm, that's that's got my thinking, got the old ticker. I'm sure that you have to show something. Probably, I'm sure your passport.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 1: No, But they have beautiful beaches, really nice rainfores. I think it's a rainforest or some type of foresty type things. We're going to see that. We have a tour of that. Havana has really nice hotels. We're singing in Airbnb.
Speaker 2: And cigars and cigars. That's all I know about Cuba and Castro and cigars. That's all I know.
Speaker 1: And old cars and cigars.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: And I'm officiating the wedding. I have not prepared my speech. I have not prepared my officiating. I have prepared nothing. And I am so nervous about it. And I know I shouldn't be because I know it'll all go fine. But I'm keeping my speech under two minutes. And this is my law. Any speech over two minutes at a wedding, you're doing too much. Say why you love the couple, give a funny little joke, and move on, and no one needs to hear about it.
Speaker 2: You're great at that stuff. You don't even need to prepare anything. I think that you will just come up with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be quick, short, simple, to the point. Love you guys, congrats, Good for you. Cheers.
Speaker 2: So officiating means that you say you may now kiss the bride. You're married. I've been now pronounced the man.
Speaker 1: And what I've been told by my friend Monica, who's getting married, She's like, when we do that part, would you mind being out of the frame.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't blame them, yeah, and I'm like, yeah, sure, whenever you need Are you gonna wear like a priest robe?
Speaker 1: No, no, I can't. I'm not legally allowed to do it. Like I could sign their marriage certificate in New York because I am legally able to marry people in the state of New York.
Speaker 2: And then if you go over to Jersey then you can notarize it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cool, pretty much. So I could do those things, but in Cuba, my jurisdiction is not there.
Speaker 2: By the way, I know, you can't notarize your own things. I'm aware.
Speaker 1: I'm very well. No, it would be the Oh yeah, well, I guess it's their way.
Speaker 2: If you signed it, you can't notorize it. Yeah, even if it's in a different state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's going to be interesting because I'm I've never done it before.
Speaker 2: But it's all just ceremonial because you're not you don't mean you're nobody. No, I don't mean that, but.
Speaker 1: You don't know, you just but it's it's pressure and standing up there and you know the person all the way in the back, like are you making them chuckle? Are you just again? My theory is quick, short, simple, So this way people don't remember you.
Speaker 2: Look, that's the thing at a wedding, the people that know you, yeah and know well Jackie's going to be there, right David, So those people will get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know at my wedding there were a lot of people that didn't get the speeches. Yeah, because they didn't. It was all like one sided, which is not good.
Speaker 1: I went to one where somebody gave a and I kid you not fifteen minute speech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to my welcome to my wedding.
Speaker 1: Full minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why it's just too much. Chicken's getting cold and rubbery.
Speaker 1: And you're sitting there like this because you're just because you have the one seat that's like craned on the table.
Speaker 2: So you're like, right, a minute number one, your smile is big, and as the minutes to roll on, it turns into a crown like come on.
Speaker 1: By minute number like six, you're like, okay, got it, Yeah, mine's two minutes done in out call it a day.
Speaker 2: Know what's going on?
Speaker 1: Did anybody has any speeches that you gave and you're watching this on YouTube, just copy and paste them in the comment section below. You could take the names out because I need to just copy them or write it for me. I'd really appreciate that too.
Speaker 2: Did you want to try some of the Tarioki jerky that Carol sent us from bucket? Yes? Yeah, I just figured we need a little snack. So this is the Tariaki beef jerky that you've torn into. I have to I just stick my hand in it, just so you know. I need to tell you I'm slightly disappointed because when I when I have jerky, I want it to be a little softer. This jerkey is very tough.
Speaker 1: It's tough, you know, mm hmm. But it was good, very salty good. And that's my boy Bucky right there. Mm we'll have the other snacks that she sent us in a future episode when we have Jason backed up here. M hmm.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because every time I listen to this podcast, either Serial Killers or a bull Chap, and it ends the episode where you and Jason are talking about murder, Murder comes up because I refuse to finish that one. Why so it keeps begging me to finish it? Why do you he refusing to finish. I just think it's very entertaining at all.
Speaker 1: You didn't think it was entertaining at all?
Speaker 2: No, okay, just because maybe I'm not interested in that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's true. The occult, well, that one wasn't all about the cult whatever, And do you know what the cult was?
Speaker 2: I said, the occult. So I was just I was just general with a general blanket. By the way, Nate still here, which is BS so rude. He just went into the other studio. He's just hanging out.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, maybe he's doing like things for his job, because people have jobs.
Speaker 2: Maybe once have lunch with us.
Speaker 1: He's gonna come all the way to Jersey saying.
Speaker 2: No, no, we'll have it here.
Speaker 1: You just take the train home, Okay, I want to hate that. Yeah, maybe Josh could do his job from.
Speaker 2: I haven't had lunch with Nate in a long time.
Speaker 1: Huh interesting, Do we need to take another break? This is something I have a question about. What What is jerky?
Speaker 2: It's just basically dried meat?
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, you don't shy? Yeah.
Speaker 2: And at Bucky's they have they're known for their jerky. They have a wall of jerky, every type of meat and whatever and flavor and everything. It's there's a wall of it and they make it right there. Nope.
Speaker 1: Did you see this movie? No?
Speaker 2: I don't see really movies.
Speaker 1: I have to say. First viewing of Nope, I didn't like it. Had some scary scenes, but overall was just the ending I thought was stupid.
Speaker 2: But I thought it was a comedy.
Speaker 1: No, Nope, Nope. But the second time I saw it, I really appreciated it. I highly recommend Nope. If you don't get it on the first time, say to yourself, maybe what am I missing? And then wait to say it sounds great?
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Kiky Palmer is also hysterical.
Speaker 2: I just, uh, I don't know. I saw it here and I said, I don't I never even heard of this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it came out.
Speaker 2: Should I have?
Speaker 1: Did you see get Out?
Speaker 2: No? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Do you see us?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, but that's why we need to do movie Fridays.
Speaker 2: I still agree that we should do that. I mean, it takes them a long time, and.
Speaker 1: Honestly, what we could do is I'll just plug this into the road caster, right, Yeah, we'll watch it, and then as we watch it, I have something that you could like pause, so we could pause it and talk about it. Yeah, but but they can't see it, right, Maybe keep it in like a lower right hand corner.
Speaker 2: But one case won't they like.
Speaker 1: We can't do the whole movie. We would have to cut some parts out, but that requires editing.
Speaker 2: I think we should do it with like old seventies and eighties TV shows.
Speaker 1: That maybe we like react to old episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, oh my god, they could never say that now, Yes, I see that so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh I got Maybe we add that as our own is content that we've been thinking about for like a Patreon or iTunes something or other.
Speaker 2: So people watching us watch old TV shows is what they want to pay for.
Speaker 1: Why asks?
Speaker 2: Why drink dry?
Speaker 1: There are people that get paid to eat on on their Patreon.
Speaker 2: You didn't even hear what I said.
Speaker 1: Why do people ask why?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Why ask? Why drink bud dry?
Speaker 1: Hah?
Speaker 2: What? What but dry? How could beer be dry? It's wet. I also don't understand like how wine is dry. It's not dry. A taste is dry, But I don't understand that it drives my mouth out.
Speaker 1: Yes, when you drink it, it's like a little dry.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I do when you ask me if I want iced tea.
Speaker 1: I love when you do that. That's my favorite thing that you do. Hey, Scott, do you in nice tea?
Speaker 3: I think it's so funny.
Speaker 2: Nah, I don't feel it today. It's funny.
Speaker 1: Did you like your coffee this morning?
Speaker 2: It was disgusting?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I don't like Listen.
Speaker 1: I am a simple man with simple taste, And when you get me that boozey coffee, I say to myself, what do you a preacher? That's just what you sound like when you're preaching about how much you hate that coffee.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm sorry. I'm a simple guy. I like Duncan, I like seven to eleven. I don't really like much, and I like like Delie like Deli. Coffee is good. Too cheap Delli coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean coffee is coffee to me.
Speaker 2: If coffee is coffee, you wouldn't buy that stuff.
Speaker 1: I drink black coffee. That's the difference. But so there's better tasting black, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: When you drink black coffee, you could really taste it, because that is like pure coffee. I think I mask it with sugar and milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I stopped drinking it with sugars and sweeteners and all that stuff, hm, and I actually taste the coffee. It really doesn't matter. Like I've never had a cup of coffee that I've ever sipped and said to myself, I can't this is terrible.
Speaker 2: I will say, I don't think I've ever actually tried to drink coffee black. Yeah, I just could in my head. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: You have to train yourself. I will say that, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Have trained myself to not eat sugar.
Speaker 1: Really, you could probably do this very easily, then.
Speaker 2: Not sugar, like I've trained myself to it. Okay, So, for instance, I used to have sweet tea all the time. I love sweet tea, and now I gag from it. I can't think of that it's gross to me. I have unsweetened iced tea no matter what.
Speaker 1: I love sweetence.
Speaker 2: Although unsweetened iced tea from the fountain is awful, like from the soda fountain when it's like lip lipped and bristo. Yeah, you gotta get like stormade fresh brud, but fresh brood unsweetened iced tea. Although you can taste when it's been sitting in the hopper for like two days, it has that like I'm like, it has that gone bad taste. Fresh bruce tea is nothing like it. Okay, m hmm, I'm sorry. Sorry, South.
Speaker 1: You could probably easily train yourself to like black coffee and it'll save you so much money because then you won't be putting sugar and sweeteners in it.
Speaker 2: When you order coffee at the price is the price false?
Speaker 1: Sometimes when you order it with sweeteners.
Speaker 2: It's shut up. So what did they charge you for sugar?
Speaker 1: Well, then you won't need to buy it anymore. Just think at home. You won't need sweeteners. You won't need all.
Speaker 2: Take the sugar from here. What I want buy sweeteners?
Speaker 1: Well, your milk's and all the stuff that you pour in.
Speaker 2: I do buy milk, yeah, because we have no milk sponsor after all this time? Okay, well three years later nothing, Okay, Well, maybe we should come up with some type of.
Speaker 1: Rate sheet or if you're a podcast agent, we need like an agent to go out and get us some sales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, why have we waited this long? Who do we know that could could do this? And does anybody of any like Stature podcast Stature listen to this podcast, like somebody that has like a podcast reviews.
Speaker 1: What's insane to me is that every time I bring up our podcast to somebody and I say that we're two hundred fifty episodes in there, like, oh, what is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like you crated that any cereals octually?
Speaker 2: Well over three? Oh okay, yeah, cereal, we're two fifty five or so.
Speaker 1: We've done over seven hundred cereals.
Speaker 2: It's insane, it is, And that's that.
Speaker 1: Is a feat. And I have to say seeing I will say this, watching the YouTube numbers grow over the past couple of months, it's giving me hope that maybe we're gonna get our big breaks soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, Andy, I'm waiting.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna be those YouTubers. Hey, what's up guys? Before we get into the this week's episode, we got to talk to you about Norton LifeLock.
Speaker 2: Am in.
Speaker 1: We know when you open a cereal box you're looking for protection. That's why they have a double seal. That's the Norton double seal.
Speaker 2: Look at you. So you could do these speeches, no problem, It just comes to you. I like that.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I think that you and I would be good doing the banter commercials. You know what they did natural? Oh hey Nate, Oh hi Nate.
Speaker 3: I just came in here to put something in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no room.
Speaker 1: Has that your Scandinavian yogurt?
Speaker 2: So many yogurts in here?
Speaker 3: I know I keep forgetting about them. Hey, I actually would have stayed on had I known I was going to be doing some work.
Speaker 1: And again, un are you buying? I just put it on that card. Put on the card you have. I know you still have that card. Just put it on that card. Wow, Scott, he'll never know. He doesn't listen to this, You never know, he'll never know.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm leaving this conversation.
Speaker 2: Why you're gonna eat it?
Speaker 3: Hell? Yeah, but I don't want to be a part to this.
Speaker 2: Plus we'll go to the place he always goes to. So when he sees that on the card, he'll just be like, oh, I must have gone there. Yeah, it's true, perfect point.
Speaker 1: What do you want to get sushi? No, because he wouldn't have gone there. We gotta go to Aaron. Fine, Okay, what were we saying?
Speaker 2: By the way, he just brought a yogurt in that he brought in with him hours and hours ago and it's just been room temperature.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't eat that. It's culture, I guess. So right after this mine was longer, you stepped in the hole. I hope you found it. H thirty four minutes in cool? What a hole?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Do you want to stop this now and just do the next one? Since you're gonna be away and because Nate needs like thirty forty minutes to go, is that what he said? He needs some time and then we're gonna go eat.
Speaker 1: Well, we can't. Let's go to forty you want to go to forty and then we'll we'll just go untilso for the end of this week. Yeah, I don't know if I am. My calendar fills up really quick. You say that, and yet when it's me it's like, here we go missedt Podkay, here we are so important you oooh.
Speaker 5: Time traveling the world with his podcast equipment.
Speaker 2: Well, you told me that we had to like work ahead because you're going to be traveling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I for next week. I'm not here Monday or Tuesday because the wedding is on a Monday.
Speaker 2: So that means we need to get another bull chat in the can. I want to make.
Speaker 1: Sure we get a bull chat in so this way, I don't skip it. So it's going to be posted late on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Well, the last time we tried that, you weren't having it.
Speaker 1: No, we've done There have been like two more episodes that we've done it since.
Speaker 2: Remember the one time we're gonna do it on Wednesday and you were like, nobody cares anymore?
Speaker 1: Remember the one time? Remember the one time? That's you? Remember that one time?
Speaker 2: What else? And oh, well, I'm sorry while we were.
Speaker 1: Trick or treating myself.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe I should say this for serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll do it on both serial Killers reviews. So the I want to water so bad, I'm so dehydrated.
Speaker 2: I have one.
Speaker 1: Shirk.
Speaker 2: I just brought a case up. Take one.
Speaker 1: No, because I want my cold water out of the water machine. What is he doing?
Speaker 2: There's a cold water in the fridge right there, like a zoo. What's what's going on, Nate?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they take from take the cloth one from the box. Are you going somewhere that requires masks? Well, they don't require it, but you just feel like you need it.
Speaker 1: I don't trust Do you want a paper mask?
Speaker 2: You need a What you need is a bulletproof vest. You don't need a mask.
Speaker 1: Like, when was the last time he took a subway a week ago and you felt like you needed a bullet proof vest.
Speaker 2: Have you watched the news lately?
Speaker 1: I take the subway almost every week.
Speaker 2: Look, I wouldn't for days. I wouldn't not take it. But I'm just kind of making a joke. Yeah, it's funny because Josh came in here a little while ago and he told me that his brother is in town staying in his apartment, and he just like, when do you go out and do something? No, I don't want to get stabbed. You know, That's that's what people think now, I know, But you know what of all of all the million of people that are in the subway system, one person gets pushed on the tracks. Okay, you know, I mean your chances are still pretty slim, right. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Be that one would be the one, Seriously.
Speaker 2: I would be. You just have to keep looking around. You'd be waiting there for me. At lunch, You're like, where's Nate? Do you remember the scrap the third round? Do you remember the commercial in the eighties? What are you doing? That's a cowardly lion thing? Listen, Nate, you would remember this, Andrew doesn't. Do you remember the commercial in the eighties There was a guy on the boardwalk and he puts on these glasses. There's sunglasses, but get out of here. The stars on that. But on the sides, I can't stand this. On the sides there's mirrors so you can see behind you. Do you remember those vag remember this commercial? It wasn't the Blue Blockers because that was another one, but it was like the same guy and he wore these big glasses on the sides that were mirrors, so you could walk down and you had eyes behind your head and if somebody was coming up behind you to whack you with a club. I vaguely remember this, Yeah, I vaguely remember this. You got static. Oh you're touch the mask with the things. Sorry, well I have to go anyway. I go get back quick because I want to have lunch. We want to have lunch. It is just me, that's okay. So I forgot what I was saying. Damn it. Subway murders, Yeah, no problem. No, I was telling his story, but I forgot what it was. Andrew disappeared. I don't know where he went. But yeah, so you know what it's it's all the rage and then it's not I'm sorry, not rage. But it's all in the news right now, how New York is so unsafe and people are getting shot and stabbed and killed and stuff, and you know what it in a big city like this, I hate to say that it's expected, but you know there's crime and things happen. It just you know, things are happening at a faster pace right now. I guess what are you doing, Andrew? What are you doing? I was talking about murders in New York City. I mean, the thing is it happened. They happen all the time, That's what I'm saying. So but you know, you see it in the news and it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's what I always say, because my parents are like, cities not the same, and I'm like, it's not for sure, it's still not like pre pandemic. But I have to say seeing all the kids outside trick or treating estually made me so happy.
Speaker 2: There were more kids on you.
Speaker 1: Slowly, I think getting back to normal, idole somewhat normal.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've seen as many kids as I did yesterday since I was a kid.
Speaker 1: It was so it was heartwarming. It really made me happy.
Speaker 2: They don't do the shaving cream anymore. There were no punk hoodlums walking around with cans of shaving cream.
Speaker 1: There were no no punk hoodlums. Yeah, I'm done dirty ragging all right, thank you so much everyone.
Speaker 2: There were no eggs. They don't do that anyway. I like that. I'm happy you have no mischief night, you know.
Speaker 3: No, it was.
Speaker 2: Even on regular Halloween. We would go out with cans of Barbersol, which they like the drug. Stories would pull it off the shelves like a week before and keep it behind the counter. Same thing with the eggs. You would go to the supermarket when we were kids and there were no eggs in the case. They had kept them in the back and you had to be an adult to go and buy them.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It was almost like a kid to get someone to buy them beer. You'd be like, hey, can you get me two dozen? You know, you would stand outside with a paper sack and be two dozen.
Speaker 1: That sucks that you barb the underage drinking thing.
Speaker 2: What do you mean the eighteen.
Speaker 1: Being the age?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't care. Don't that The only people that the only people that that should bother is people that were just about to turn eighteen and then they raised it to twenty one.
Speaker 3: Terrible, damn it.
Speaker 2: Three more years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's insane, and now I should just be eighteen.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you got grandfathered. I'm curious they did.
Speaker 1: I think they probably made that full year, like grandfathered in.
Speaker 2: So you mean to tell me if you were nineteen and they changed the age of twenty one while you were nineteen, you were still allowed to drink. I don't think I think so. I don't. I do. I think that that's one grandfather that they did not allow.
Speaker 1: Really, I think so.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's check.
Speaker 2: Just say when the drinking age was raised, were people grandfathered in drinking I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: They should honestly move it down. That's always been my stance. I don't think so because I do because honestly, you go to college. How many kids go to college now?
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 1: It's a lot more than it used to be in the seventy eighties. And now what's happening is you're just forcing kids to drink illegally and because they don't, and the hiding leads to binge drinking, which leads to more fatalities. But don't you the great of alcohol fatalities in young miners has gone up since they've raised the drinking age to twenty one. It's stupid. You're just forcing kids to like binge and not know what their limits are, versus just making it eighteen and just acknowledging that they're going to drink anyway.
Speaker 2: I just think that if it's eighteen and it's legal, then fifteen, sixteen, seventeen year olds, you know, the younger the ages, the younger the people below that age are going to try to do it.
Speaker 1: You know, when he states, in the late twentieth century changed it from eighteen to twenty one, but people who are already eighteen to twenty and drinking were grandfathered in.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's amazing. So like the bouncer really had to do their math. Yeah, I had to look at the year they were born.
Speaker 3: It's in three years.
Speaker 1: You're probably tough math. Yeah, but I just don't think it's smart by the time you're a freshmen in college. I'm sorry to say this, but when Ashley goes to college, she's going to drink.
Speaker 2: I'm away.
Speaker 1: So the fact that we're trying to pretend like she's not going to try her alcohol until twenty one, to me, is stupid. And it's almost like you're sweeping a giant problem under the rug instead of just acknowledging that it's happening and teaching safe ways for kids to be drinking.
Speaker 2: And you're right, I mean we talked, we talked to them about that, you know. But I mean it's like things are getting younger and younger. Because when I was in high school, I remember in ninth grade, one of the girls got caught behind the bleachers with a beer and it was a huge scandal. Now kids in middle school, you know, younger, or when high drinking in the bleachers. No, but kids, kids are drinking younger and younger and trying stuff younger and younger. Yeah, you know, I'm sure that, I'm sure there are.
Speaker 1: Kids, But shouldn't that teach you that at like, abstaining from it isn't actually doing anything, it's just forcing it to become like you're just forcing kids to do things by not just saying like, hey, here's this is what you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: It's such a tough subject, especially when you have kids. Yeah, I don't want my kids drinking.
Speaker 1: I will say. To my parents' credit, wine was always something like on a Sunday dinner, they'd be like, do you want to try it? Like they really were kind of just like it's there. We're not going to say you can't have it.
Speaker 2: I remember trying some man of Chevitz when I was a passover dinner one time when I was an early teen. I was like, who, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Just dumb to think that kids aren't going to have these things in front of them until they're twenty one. So we need to pretend like there's a ban on it, but there's really not, and all it's doing is forcing it underground.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's tough. It's tough for me to go either way because I have kids, that's all. But by your logic, it's not my logic. It's just following the law the law. By the law, it's not my logic, okay.
Speaker 1: But by the law it's not working right like on paper, it's not working.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like kids younger and younger by the law, are just trying younger correctly.
Speaker 2: I feel like you'd have a lot more eighteen year old driving drunk.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but no, because at eighteen it's now like again you're kind of learning there weren't more. Do you know there's been more DUIs since those laws have been put in place?
Speaker 2: What raised the age?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't doubt it again, I just don't. It's not making sense a thing.
Speaker 2: Why don't people just not drink and drive no matter what age you are.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's an ideal world, right.
Speaker 2: One of these days there's gonna be some kind of car that's like you're drunk and it's not going to start.
Speaker 1: I mean they've been talking about that.
Speaker 2: I don't mean like blowing into the thing. It's just gonna know how it is just not I don't know, just like I'm gonna be able to be in La teleport.
Speaker 1: We've had this argument, and that's never gonna happen again.
Speaker 2: People never thought there'd be airplanes either. Some do think flying through the air. Yeah, ever, but it happened. But you know why, it's impossible.
Speaker 1: Why because literally the you here right and how your matter is made up? Huh, transferring it to some other place? Is that a copy of you?
Speaker 2: Or is that the original U box machine? Same thing.
Speaker 1: No fax machine is making a copy.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a fax machine for people.
Speaker 1: But the fax machine by your sorry, by the law. Yeah, I put the paper in, Yes, yes, I get that paper back right, So there'll be a copy of me in La and then this version of you die.
Speaker 2: No, it stays here. It's like and then until I come back into me. So that's like my soul will go and do something. I got to take care of some business in La real quick. So I'm like, I freeze and then I come back like in the courtoon.
Speaker 1: So is it like VR?
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is like?
Speaker 1: Are you putting on a headset? Would you ever do VR? Like this whole metaverse thing? I am so fascinated and just yeah, because it's all failing so bad.
Speaker 2: I don't Can you explain it to me? Please? I'm not I almost not like an old man. What's going on?
Speaker 1: So basically Mark Zuckerberg has hedged his bets that like, in the next ten years or so, everyone is going to be wearing those goggles right just out. No, so instead of like you're programming here what's cool about it and what they're not showing or because the meta marketing is terrible, is that basically you could put this on and see all these monitors. Yes, you'd be seeing them in goggles versus them like actually doing things.
Speaker 2: Why would you want to do that though? Because it's cumbersome?
Speaker 1: No? Well, see this is the thing. It's like easier for you than to They make them where it's kind of like both. So you'd still have the board, but then if like you looked over, you wouldn't need a monitor. It displays it all for you.
Speaker 2: See, like when Cooper wears hers and plays her games. Yeah, she's like, I can still see you. But I've never put them on, so I don't know what they look like.
Speaker 1: So these new ones that Mark Zuckerberg made, this Oculus pro too, they have a mode where it almost becomes like glasses, so I could see my outside world and it just think the screens there, But you're wearing the goggles, so these aren't actual physical screens. They're displaying for me. So you could still be doing things with the headset on.
Speaker 2: See you make fun of all of this now, but I guarantee you in ten years from now, those giant goggles will just be a pair of sunglasses.
Speaker 1: So this is where it's like two things, right, Like I think it's stupid, but at the same time, if he keeps getting money for it in the next ten years, it really is going to be something that you know, you put on these little light glasses and it does all this.
Speaker 2: But what's for what purpose? Though?
Speaker 1: So I don't have to come into work, I mean what So again, what Meta is saying is that in ten years, so that's augmented reality. That's like a whole other thing. Virtual reality is saying, okay instead of doing it, why okay? Who I know what he sings. He also does the song from a Napoleon Dynamite all right, oh, I got to do it and it dance.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: So he's saying that for businesses, they could meet in the metaverse. I'm gonna sit back for this, and I don't think that's smart, and I don't think that's gonna catch on. Is it just like a zoom but it's with an avatar, or it would be like your face but wearing the goggles, I could see your face like this, and it's like picking up on everything.
Speaker 2: This is going to be a weird world in twenty five years from now.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's catching on. Apple, on the other hand, and theirs is going to come out and next year the year after that's projected, they're doing augmented reality, which is different. So Mark Zuckerberg is like, you got to wear this fifteen hundred dollars headset to do the monitor thing. Do you remember Google Glass?
Speaker 2: Yes, that didn't really last very long.
Speaker 1: So Apple is going to like perfect that in the next year or two, okay. And their thing is more along those lines where it's kind of like, oh, I'm getting a phone call, boo booo. Everything is there. Look, you know, it's the real world with just like a couple of little pluses in there.
Speaker 2: I still say that down the road, people are going to be implanted with chips and not that chips damn it anyway. No, that's okay, don't worry. The moment's gone. The moment's gone. Fine, it's gone. People are going to be implanted with chips and and they're just gonna go call Andrew a right, good ah, you're the best. And I'm just gonna go just like I would say, Hey, Siri, call Andrew. But I'm just gonna think to myself, call Andrew, and I'm gonna hear you in my ears somehow. Yeah, it's gonna happen. There's gonna be chip inside of person.
Speaker 1: Chip inside a person. Yes, there's going to be chip inside of parason.
Speaker 2: Because you always just say, what else could they possibly come up with? My dad says that to me all the time.
Speaker 1: It is more augmented reality. That would be like a contact lens, right, that you can keep in your eye, right.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do that. Yes, I don't want to touch my ball.
Speaker 1: I'm very much on the same path as you.
Speaker 2: I hate it. I hate that. Finally something, Oh you're such a baby, you don't want to touch your eye.
Speaker 1: But no, no, I'm terrified of that, like actually terrified.
Speaker 2: But this. I don't know how my daughter puts contact lenses there, I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Ugh. Also, when I ever and I find out anybody has contact lenses, I think they're robots.
Speaker 2: I go like this and I can see them.
Speaker 1: The minute somebody's like, oh I have contacts, I'm like, huh, what other secrets.
Speaker 2: Are you hiding?
Speaker 3: Or robot?
Speaker 1: But anyway, augmented reality is so the screens are still there, right, but just say you get like an email, like you'd almost see like a little notification pop up and it would just like you could be like, oh, display it right, and then it would pop up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And from the goggles, it's going to turn into a chip and you're gonna have these lenses on your eyes and things in your ear.
Speaker 1: I think Apple is going the right way. I don't know if Meta is going to go the right way because also these headsets that are fifteen hundred dollars, they haven't if you're not plugged in, it's an hour and a half a battery life.
Speaker 2: They'll be cheaper and they'll be longer battery. We're all gonna be robots in twenty years from now. I don't robots.
Speaker 1: I just don't think the meta thing is going to catch on because there's so much better things in life, like life. Isn't that terrible that I need to go into a virtual universe by virtual land and buy fake virtual clothes for an avatar. That's not something that's appealing.
Speaker 2: That's just a game.
Speaker 1: No, well that's what it is. That's what they want. Like your Internet personality can now go to these places versus it being like you physically clicking on sites.
Speaker 2: This is way over my head. So anyway, what else Halloween? Were you done with that?
Speaker 1: So go trick or treating in the metaverse and get virtual candy.
Speaker 2: No, Sawyer was a postal worker.
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 2: It was a letter carrier. I showed you one, didn't I It was a letter carrier. And he kept the costume on the entire night. I couldn't believe he did knock the hat off like twice. He was like, GoF, you know, but I put it back on a game a cookie and he was given to go puppy pause and oh my god. And we went to one house and there was a male guy that lived there and just got off of work. And I was standing in the street with Sawyer and I was like, h m m, and he was so excited that he brought Sawyer a treat and that's the only treaty about the whole time.
Speaker 1: Hey take a picture with this one.
Speaker 2: And what I meant to say, and I forgot to tell you, is we were walking on that same block and a mom and a kid came up and they said, listen. I didn't want to bother you, but this is my son, Mayor. And we listened to Serial Killers in the car all the time. He says, please put on serial Killers. And they were huge fans. I did not know who they were, and they're huge fans of the podcast. I don't know if they listen to ball Chat because sometimes we cross on this one and he's probably too young for that. But he had the biggest pumpkin bucket I've ever seen in my entire life, and he was just so excited and so what's up, Mayor, Long Island Mayor? Oh yeah, I love that. And your mom I didn't get her name. Sorry, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Everyone for listening.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if you see us, come say hello, yes, because we're all right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sometimes all right?
Speaker 2: So how long are we buddy? You want to go?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 2: Plus commercials were like fifty five if they worked. Yeah, you no right to spreaker, howd all right to that PO box? I get out the two hickeys PEEO box seventy one, one hundred, New York, New York one, double O one five.
Speaker 1: Can't fedext to a mailbox a post office? That's right, you can't can't do that. Yeah, are you surprised?
Speaker 2: I knew that? Well, because I think I told you that.
Speaker 1: Right always has to come back to use.
Speaker 2: Well, you can't FedEx to a PO box because PO stands.
Speaker 1: For what post office?
Speaker 2: Yes, and you can't FedEx to a post offics box because there are two different services.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, thank you all. We appreciate you, We love you. Have a great day. Go to Serial KILLERSPC dot com. Go down a shirt, check out the Hall of Fame of Cereals. Check out the cereals were viewed.
Speaker 2: Just like you can't say I mailed you a package if you fed exit because you didn't mail it.
Speaker 1: If you're watching this on YouTube, the light buttons down there, hit the subscribe button over here. We are almost at nine hundred subscribers.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll be surpassing that by now.
Speaker 1: That would be so exciting. Imagine when we get one hundred thousand subscribers plaque and we become YouTube Elite members one.
Speaker 2: Hundred thou that's a that's a long way off.
Speaker 1: That's going to be ninety nine thousand. Once we hit that thousand mark, that's fifteen. That's what we hitch accelerated growth.
Speaker 2: I don't think YouTube will even still be around by the time.
Speaker 1: It's going to be augmented reality. It's going to be next serial Killers, next serial Killers. Yeah, it's all gonna be a chip. Okay, you know what you do? Can you just can you like put this on repeat on YouTube? Like if you just can you just do they just keep playing through if you have that feature selected I put I put everything in a playlist, so this way, if you watch it on the playlist, you fall asleep. It just keeps going. Yeah, good do that and subscribe. Yay, all right, because then we're gonna have ads hope.
Speaker 2: So we'll see you on Monday with an all new serial Killers, which we've already recorded I think, and it's a good one. Yes, we just did that one that it's okay, I liked it. Sorry, thank you.
Speaker 1: There's a surprise ceial in there that you'll be there is well, there's a surprise cereal that Andy may Or may not like and Scotty may Or may not like.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call that episode. Do you believe in magic? You like that? Oh?
Speaker 1: So you are a hoot and a holler, Scott a hoot and a holler.
Speaker 2: Now we're just wasting time.
Speaker 1: So I'm wasting time while you're sitting there said, Halloween's a great time. What has a post office man? And he's a post officer And they took a picture post officer. I like that.
Speaker 2: That should be with their call people that work. They should be post officers.
Speaker 1: I thought they were.
Speaker 2: No, there's postal police, you know. Do you know the United States Postal Service has their own police force.
Speaker 1: I do because I forget who got arrested by them. But it was like a celebrity got arrested by the post office workers, and it was very shocked for the police.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they can arrest people from mail froud and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Do you know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but real quick. One time I was out in my and when I lived in my parents' house, I was washing my car in their driveway. Okay, and the radio station we would always bring, like, you know, T shirts and keep him in our car, as we were told to do that in case somebody said, oh it is the one hundred, you know whatever, and you give him a shirt. So we always had shirts and they gave them to us in the mail bins, so I had. I was cleaning my car out one day and in the driveway the back of the truck was open and I had mail bins out in the driveway, okay, And all of a sudden a car goes by, backs up. He gets out of his car and he says, hey, just want to let you know having those federal offense flips open his wallet and he was a postal inspector. I love his postal police.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I'm sorry, and I gave him a shirt and he drove away.
Speaker 1: Love it. That was probably a fake badge.
Speaker 2: It could have been.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you all for listening, but that guy whatever, that's a fake badge, right herschel Walker, Yeah, he had a fake badge.
Speaker 2: Was that his name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, congrats, I'm surprise you got that. I watch things okay, Thank you all. Yes, we'll see you on Monday with an all new serial Killers. Thank you for listening. Follow us do all those things until we see you're gonna say click and cling.
Speaker 2: Clink. I think we should give away these spoons because I'm not bringing them with us to the new studio.
Speaker 1: Sure what, Okay?
Speaker 2: You just want to end it? Yeah, goodbye bye