Speaker 1: Welcome to Can't Fully Reckless, the production of iHeart Radio and The Black Effect. And just like that, we're back with yet another carefully reckless episode. It's your girl, justesseilarious and I got my best friend in the studio with me today.
Speaker 2: Y'all know how shene o waena that mic is not on? All right, we'll come on one day I can talk into.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she's here being a hoe as y'all can hear. She always got a problem with me. So we're going I'm gonna ask how to weigh in on some of these people mess as well, because I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say sometimes I be needing help, but I am. You definitely need help, first of all.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, some I can always use a second perspective. How about that I don't need help, but I can use a second perspective.
Speaker 2: So yeah, here we go. Now, this is a story that came from somebody who wrote it. We were not sent in a voice memo.
Speaker 1: And like I said, y'all, that is the easiest way to get your story played. Okay, if they get your story out there, you can send me a voice memo. And I know that voice memos only record up to a minute on social media.
Speaker 2: But please, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Send it please, because a lot of y'all be typing these long ass run on sentences and I cannot differentiate punctuations. I can't do it, all right, so please send your voice note. All right, I'm about to read, Hey, so I could fuck this man life up. Damn hold up this okay, shit, Hey so I could fuck this man's life up. But I know outing someone is wrong. But let me tell you what is going on. Anyway, last year I started working at my high school, right, and there was this guy that I worked with. We were all in the same group, but we didn't interact outside of that at first. After a while we started flirting and he would get handsy, touch he faelly sometimes, okay, and so prom comes around. In that prom, he asked me to dance, So we did. A week passed and I was invited to a birthday party and he was there with his girlfriend and she was pregnant. Okay, So that's that's all he said. He never said anything else. And the reason why I'm saying he's because he's visually a guy. I can see it on his profile, Okay, and like you said, outing someone is never okay unless it heavily depends on your defense. You know what I'm saying, Like, and I'm using that in like a way, so like like proof, like no, I'm not out. No, it was completely consensual. You know that you were interested in guys. I don't know if if the women in your life knows about this, but yeah, you're interested in guys. And I didn't want to be the one to out show ass. But yeah, because you're not about to play with me. You're not about to act like this is not what you love. Just everybody, just live in the fucking truth.
Speaker 2: He said he love it. Huh who said no? I said, just live in your fucking truth? Said this is obviously what you love. Oh yeah, gotta be what he loved.
Speaker 1: He was touchy, hands all hands on. Yeah, behind the scenes, Oh he loves it. I think that he loves it. I think there is a deeper love for this. Okay, So he didn't really leave a lot of meat on the bone.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So you said you work at your high school, so you so are you still in high school? Because listen, I when I was in high school, I ended up working at my high school. Just as an intern. So I don't know if you if you're attending the school.
Speaker 2: Now, you you look young.
Speaker 1: But that that's not to say that you're not an adult. You just you know, you black, and you know most of the time that don't be cracking. So you just could probably look like you've been sipping from a pool of youth for a long time. But and then give me more context on the guy, like was he a teacher, Like is he a lot older than you?
Speaker 2: I mean, because there it could be several other reasons.
Speaker 1: Why he's hiding I guess having any type of affair with you or whatever.
Speaker 2: It could because you are a younger.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say under a age, but underaged, I mean, I don't want to say underage. It could be that that could be a reason as well.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 1: Also because yeah, you are a guy and he doesn't want to be out it just yet, or I don't know if he plans plans on coming out as bisexual, whatever, because obviously he likes women too. We're not just gonna just say, oh, he's gay. He's obviously bisexual. And then obviously y'all run in some of the same circles because how you get invited to a birthday party that you see him and his girlfriend at him and his pregnant girlfriend at Honestly, I don't think you should go to his girlfriend or any of that. I think you should set and have a conversation with him and then tell me what triggered you to be upset. What triggered you to be upset? Is it the fact that you.
Speaker 2: Thought he was gay and he's not, he's bisexual.
Speaker 1: Is it the fact that you started liking him a lot and you want you want the feelings to be reciprocated, but he's in a relationship and you later found out, Like.
Speaker 2: What is really the relationship? What is the relationship? Like? Because you said you guys were just flirty? Yeah, we need more information? Yeah? Yeah, Like how long y'all know each other? Are just friends? Are your friend's of a friend? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you know the girlfriend and you just happened to yeah me the girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Does the pregnant girlfriend go to the school too? Did she work at the school like we do? Still? Like? Was it years ago? Was it yesterday? Yes? I need to know.
Speaker 1: Sorry, so you need to come back, I mean, because I and I really want to know what the relationship is between you two.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just a little fling, it seems like.
Speaker 1: And it just seems like if if you're telling me to advise you off of the little bit that you gave me, it just seems like you were upset that he's in a relationship at all. It could have been he could have been in a relationship with another guyship. Right, did you find out that he was in a relationship at this party? Right?
Speaker 2: Right? And that's what happened. That's that we need more, Yeah, we need more. Boy.
Speaker 1: I can't give you any any advice, and I don't want to try to keep giving you advice, and then I get further and further away from what the story actually is, like the backstory and all and all the details that's supposed to go along with it. You even started another sentence and never finished it. You said, right after you said, a week passed and I was invited to a birthday party and he was there with his girlfriend and she was pregnant. Then the lasts and say I know the and then it stopped, like the nigga walked in and court you typing, and he was like, oh, I need to hurry up, and send, So I need to know.
Speaker 2: I have to ask you what made you go with this story if it was incomplete? Well, that's what happens. That's what I don't read the stories until i'm reading them. Oh yeah, I don't shire off. Damn you know what.
Speaker 1: I will never ever have you back on this show again, trying to help me assist people because if you don't know what.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to help too. But I need some information. I know, we need some information. Stopped that. Thuh that's it? We yeah, he said, I know the that was it job. Come on, get back with us, Get back with us.
Speaker 1: Now we got to commercial, and if you click off this podcast, I swear I'm ana beat your ass.
Speaker 2: Listen. All right, here we go, moving on. Can we doing voice? Yeah? We ain't got none of those?
Speaker 1: Everybody listen most of the time, y'all need to tell my best friend she, how are most of the time people don't like sending voice memos because they be talking about No people that they be talking about be knowing their voice, and they'd be like, hold on, change your voice.
Speaker 2: Ain't from she would have said, how about you change your motherfucking voice? Hello, this is from down the block. Coming to you with another story? Yet, can help me baby exactly?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah, y'all gotta disguise y'all voices because get creatives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because y'all leaving too much meat off these bones writing these stories.
Speaker 1: Man, Like, look this from right here, let's do.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 1: It's a how do I stand up for myself and not do as I'm told? So it said I moved back from my parents, Now I.
Speaker 2: Regret Oh shit, he sent that June ninth.
Speaker 1: Okay, so at June ninth this person said how do I stand up for myself and I do as I'm told? And then came back September twenty fifth and said, I moved back to my parents. Now I regret that choice, and I now feel like their happiness is my responsibility. If I were to tell them that I want to leave, Dad would freak out and treat me like a kid, and Mom would be mad too. I used to be a positive person, with a smile always on my face. Now it's too much effort to smile.
Speaker 2: That's it. So go ahead, help them? Shit, what help? They moved back and they regret it?
Speaker 1: How How do they stand up for theirself and not do as they told by their parents.
Speaker 2: Did that nothing to do with June? I believe it did.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it had something to do with it, Yeah, it did the first Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is more clarity. Maybe listen.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when he said in June, I felt like he was saying like he was outside of his parents' house because maybe they was trying to make him come back, all right, because he said, how do I stand up for myself?
Speaker 2: And I do as I'm told?
Speaker 1: He probably jumped out there, jumped off the porch, and he's not telling us how old he is too, and he talking like he just jumped off the porch, like he's just a fresh adult, like twenty one maybe, or maybe not even twenty one.
Speaker 2: And three months later.
Speaker 1: He probably is back now at his parents' house because, like he said, I moved back with my parents. Now I regret that choice, and I feel like their happiness is my responsibility. I feel like you may just be a little brat if I'm saying it right. If not, you gotta update me and leave more meat on the bone. How do you feel responsible for your parents' happiness?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Because they wanted you back home? Are they happier now that you're home. Were you getting into some trouble? How old are you? Did you move around some other fuckers? Did you move out with some motherfuckers? That's not good for your influence and.
Speaker 2: You know happy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you even said that she used to be a positive the person who kept a smile on their face. Now it was too much effort to smile because you had to move back in with your parents. Let me tell you something, baby, I wish I could move back in with my Motherfucking parents in the top had listen entertaining the fun out of them. I'm responsible for your happiness, yes, you know, like I want y'all, want y'all young people to not grow up so fast, iop trying to grow up so fast. And I know it's being shoved in y'all goddamn face that to grow up fast.
Speaker 2: To do this and do that, And it ain't no joke.
Speaker 1: But it seems like you got too great loving parents who are just probably overwhelmingly possessive, you know, and and and they're protective, and you just want to be out there, you know, you want to do what you want to do.
Speaker 2: And I've been in before, so that's what yep.
Speaker 1: So that's the reason that we can actually speak from experience.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I say slow it down, take your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they need your help, help them out.
Speaker 2: We only get one set and he got both. Yeah. Dad would freak out.
Speaker 1: And I love this, Like if I would have told them that I want to leave, my dad would freak out and my mom would be mad too.
Speaker 2: Man, damn, they love you, baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not locking you up in the basement, fucking making you make abracmbie and Fitch hoodies for three cents. Hello, they don't have you, okay much for three cents and then putting it in the stores and charging thirty eight dollars and you're not making no money. And now you're eating balloone these sandwiches with no ballogna and no bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you want you want those parents? All right? You ever seen the movie ma? Yes? Remember? Okay? All right? Well, well, oh no, that's too much to read right there? Now, No, we can't. That was my job. How are you going to tell me that you ain't even reading any fucking way? All right? Come on, all right, here we go next door'll hold up.
Speaker 1: Hold up, I noticed shit getting good, But listen to just a couple seconds of a commercial.
Speaker 2: If you love me, you'll listen. Hey, jos, I definitely need some help. We'll fix in my mess.
Speaker 1: So in the beginning of the year, I had a fallen out with one of my best friends. I feel like the period year and don't have a play with me. I feel like on my end, it was a lot of moments that led up to it, though we know how life works. Long story short, I was going through a really depressing time in my life and I was genuinely up against the wall. However, my best friend was in high spirits with what was going on in her life. I was never bitter or a hater about anything happening with her because I only ever wanted to see her win now prior to us falling out. Anytime we would get into disagreements, she would always bring up how she didn't know if she wanted to continue to be my friend, simply off me not agreeing with her view. So I would end up just saying okay to whatever point she had just to end the debate. Then it will go to a point where me saying okay wasn't good enough and that I needed to speak my piece or I will resent her in our friendship. So then I would say how I felt, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Girl. These people don't believing me nothing else.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, all right, all right, Well sometimes that's how I just fix my mess code. Sometimes people give me the beginning in the middle and don't even They be like fuck then child, you make up the rest. But you know, some type of way they'd be one advice. All right, Well, we know how best friends are. Actually, I have my best friend here with me. Now we have fallen out and we have fought.
Speaker 2: I've beat her ass. Hell, you know, hello, how you doing? All right? Start over from the top.
Speaker 1: Okay, we all know we had videos out where I had physically beat Shanas and we already know what's going on. So we're not going to stay like I don't got the hands. But you know, sometimes it's gonna be warranted. You know, best friends will fight, regular friends will fight. You know what I'm saying. But like you said, we know how life works, and sometimes when two friends are in different places of their lives, yeah, they do tend to either separate or they tend to help each other and they still stay the same way. You know, It's just that you're living your life and she's living hers. I'll let she to speak on it if she feels differently how from what I'm about to say.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm really unclear on what exactly the issue is. Like, are you like saying, should y'all go your separate ways or what? Although I can agree that, I don't like the way, I can't agree with you. I don't like the way she handles you with communication, if that is to be true what you said about her.
Speaker 2: But it's like, what are are they not friends anymore?
Speaker 1: Is she saying? Is she asking us? So it's not like she probably want attention from her friends.
Speaker 2: She probably probably not.
Speaker 1: Getting the same attention that she gives because right, and uh depends.
Speaker 2: What is it that the girl does? Yeah, she said, and she when she doesn't agree.
Speaker 1: With no, no, no, I'm talking about you said it had like two different lifestyles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what she said, she said.
Speaker 1: Long story short, I was going through a really rough, depressing time in my life and I was genuinely up against the wall. However, my best friend was high in spirits with what was going on in her life, and she was never bitter or hater about anything because she only ever wanted to see her best friend win. But prior to them falling out, any disagreements that they started having, she would always bring up how she didn't know if she wanted to continue to be her friends simply off of her not agreeing with her views. Yeah, so that's like if you don't agree with nothing, and I say, I'm like, look, I don't even know if you're really my friend or not.
Speaker 2: Like friends will have fun disagreements. Me and she had disagree all the time with things, and the disagree with nothing. Just come on now, baby, stop sucking line like some stuff and not ever wine get.
Speaker 1: To almost sitteen years for no reason. You already know I'm right in a lot of things that I say, baby, sweetie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you get to talking about people and they be about to bang your eyeballs, oh baby, who steps off of me? Not you? Because that's right, baby, you, cause I'm like, just get up. You can't even fight anyway, exactly, get up, Get up right, I'm gonna leave you a hand friend.
Speaker 1: No, you're gonna let me hand ad to the person who punched me walked away. You're not gonna jump out there standing tentintos down like a little bit. Should you're gonna if I can't help me out?
Speaker 2: Did you say exactly that said exactly, we gotta help this person with this mask? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So like I said, all right, so I don't think it's grounds for termination.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not. Y'all need to talk.
Speaker 1: Though, y'all need to have a heart to heart and let each other know how you really feel, like, because that was that actually was a problem that, you know, Shana had told me that she had with me, like, yo, you don't communicate you you don't, you know, you just shut down, you zone out. And I had to take that and see it for what the fuck it. It was like, if I'm this person who always got something to say and I always can communicate about anything else, why can't I communicate with my best friend about our differences and get through it?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So she had to teach me that, she had to show me that, and then a lot of times she would disagree. She don't agree, she ain't a yes man, she don't agree with everything I say.
Speaker 2: And okay, she don't agree with everything I say.
Speaker 1: And then sometimes she'll tell me I'll tell her something, she won't agree with it, and she'll make me see it from a different point of view, and then I'll change how I feel about that thing.
Speaker 2: So communication actually really helps within a lot of ways and.
Speaker 1: With understanding of how I'm feeling another perspective exactly. So you don't have to necessarily change your way of thinking. Yeah, just because somebody else will view something differently.
Speaker 2: But something but sometimes that's how it has been.
Speaker 1: Like you'll be like, we'll just look at it this way, or you think you know, and it will you know, like, oh shit, maybe I did go off a little bit too much, or maybe look at it.
Speaker 2: No, I did not go off. That fucking girl was trying to say you did.
Speaker 1: No, I was sitting right there looking at you like, yeah, you were sitting there looking at it. No, you was not fucking sitting up there looking at me like what the fuck? All right, so let me tell you this real quick.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we helped you. Oh no, we can't say their name? What's that name? Like, That's why I don't nobody want typing their boys. I mean, I don't body wants sing on boys. They be like, we know, how fucking anyway, Brittany, So we just gonna call you Brittany, Brittany, we hope we helped you. Oh my god, and.
Speaker 1: She get beat up by the best friend child like Britney Simmons over.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: No, basically, So I did breakfast club today and one of the topics was, you know, this is Halloween was yesterday. The game had posted his daughter and he was saying, like, did we pretty much think that.
Speaker 2: Her costume was inappropriate?
Speaker 1: She had on the crop top and she had on a tight compression pants at the football players where she dressed up as her favorite football team, Cowboys or whatever. Right, she that's what it was given cheerleader. But she had on the football compression fans. So she looked cute, by the way, beautiful little girl. She's thirteen years old. Now, she's thirteen. Now, Like I explained, crop tops I don't think are appropriate for certain teens pre teens, to be honest with you, because somebodies developed quicker than others. And you know, she's a fuller figured, younger teen, and I feel like, while it's not her faults, she can't control how she grows. She can't control you know, curves here, curves there, and stuff popping out.
Speaker 2: I do think her parents could censor her.
Speaker 1: Clothing, you know, And that doesn't just go for her, that goes for any other teenager who develops quickly or just whatever.
Speaker 2: It's totally up to you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then Charlemagne was saying, like, I feel like, if you don't have daughters, you can't have saying this. Yeah, you absolutely can. I'm raising my little sister. She's a fucking teenager. I was a teenager before. I was a young young daughter. Now I'm a older daughter, but I was thirteen before as well.
Speaker 2: He was always an older daughter.
Speaker 1: See this is why she always get punched down fucking face now because she's trying to really play with me, like I look older, and yeah I did, so what and always head.
Speaker 2: When you was too remember that picture? Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I was two, I looked like I was six, and just thank you, all right, Yeah I've never I've never said that I didn't look older, so yeah, thank you. But all that matters now is I'm thirty one. I mean, I'm a hard thirty one, but bit I'm thirty one, nonetheless, so it is what it is.
Speaker 2: Now. This lady called up and she was like, Josh, what we not gonna do? We not going sit here and make crop tops a thing.
Speaker 1: Because when I was younger, I had a small waist, a nice stomach, I had a six peck, titties, big hips, big everything, and yeah, I wore crop tops to make myself feel good, Like, yeah, I felt good about my body. So my daughter, now she's young, she's in the same boat I'm in. She got the same body that I was blessed with at a very young age, and I feel like we shouldn't make her conscious about we could we should and over sexualize these kids and don't make crops hops a thing.
Speaker 2: Lead that girl alone and dah da da da da.
Speaker 1: Well I had a problem with that. And listen, I'm okay with her disagreeing with me. I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: And that's what. That's what. That that's life.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody's not gonna agree with your opinion. And I totally respect her as a mother because to reach their own you raise your daughter.
Speaker 2: Like that, that's that's that's how you want to raise your child.
Speaker 1: But you're not gonna tell me all these sexual things about yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh my titty was big, My titties were big. My titty was big. It's just one big yeah, she said.
Speaker 1: My titties was big, small waists like you know, ass was fat like all that. This is all sexual talk, baby, and you're sitting here saying, at.
Speaker 2: Thirteen, we're not.
Speaker 1: Going to make them feel bad about wearing crops hops because they're being overly sexual that's overly sexualizing the kid. Everything you just uttered out of your motherfucking two lips about yourself when you were a fucking teenager with sexual over sexualized.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is big cities, big ass and all that ship?
Speaker 1: What the fuck you're talking about some of my my my daughter wear cropsops a feel good about her body? Why the fuck is your daughter wearing crops hops to feel good about her fucking body?
Speaker 2: Are you screaming? I'm sorry, that's what happened. I don't know. I feel like she was screaming at me.
Speaker 1: But she was from New York, so you know how to accent is you know, like mother, I got up in here. I know I was screaming like a motherfucker, but yeah, like I just I went right back to screaming, all right, But no, y'all, Like I I just felt like why was she called up and say like, don't say that.
Speaker 2: And what I don't get is when they be like and everybody else this day, everybody doing that, Yeah, what the fuck? Okay, I'm from my mother. I'll tell you no kids because my kid. Yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 1: That's not I don't have no motherfucking kids because the ain't nobody about to cuss shoot that fucking club.
Speaker 2: But thank you. But let me tell you, yeah, baby.
Speaker 1: It's sick if Sexy rig got pregnant before you, honey.
Speaker 2: World, not at all, baby.
Speaker 1: I I like I said, I feel like two reach their own.
Speaker 2: You raise your kid the way you raise your kid.
Speaker 1: But I was never one of those parents that was like it, never had a parent that was like what the other kids.
Speaker 2: And that's what the kids are wearing. Now, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: That's how your kid falls into these fucking groups and falls into being a fucking follower and not a fucking leader, and and you know, end up in the back of these mother fucking vans and end up in these fucking groups of kids that's going to go fuck off because oh they can do what their friends did.
Speaker 2: Everybody's doing it.
Speaker 1: It's okay, what the fuck has gotten into everybody.
Speaker 2: These kids accountable like they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody trying to be their mon Yeah, everybody trying to be their daughters and sons, friends and ship. I ain't never Robin Moore has never Kevin Moore has never ever been those type of parents. I just and I'm not saying my parents are better than anybody else, but it was I just had structure, you know, and that was it. They were serious about everything. And look how the funk I turned out and don't play with.
Speaker 2: Me, thank you.
Speaker 1: I knew I already knew something about he was about to be like he turn out turn out exactly.
Speaker 2: And know is that.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna end this episode, jaw. We've come to the conclusion. No, not the conclusion.
Speaker 2: See, I'll be throwing the off when you're here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've come to the end of yet another carefully reckless episode with your girl Jess hilarious, who's been fixing mess and the best friend. She's gonna be here next week. Every day, you gonna be here, every day you're with Gaate And in my deepest paying voice, catch us next week.
Speaker 2: Peace.
Speaker 1: Lola Can't Fully Reckless is a production of iHeartRadio and the black effect. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.