Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Okay, so you guys know that I rarely do things for myself. It's been a thing and it's an issue that I'm working on, and unless it's like.
Speaker 2: Work based or kid based.
Speaker 1: You know, I never kind of like, I'm not the girl that ever like goes out for drinks with my friends unless you know, there's some connection with the kids or work or something. So my best friend Jess, she's pretty much the same, and she has two kids. I have five kids, obviously, and we always say we're going to do things. And the one thing that we actually do, and it's usually around this time of year, during the Halloween season because that's our season. We do these immersive experiences. So when you've listened to miss Spelling before, you know I've done an episode with my friend Darren Lynn Bousman and Morgan Rooms and Darren you know, miss the creator of Saw two, three, four and many other films. But I'm a huge horror fan and he started doing these immersive experiences predominantly in LA and that's you know, Jess and I that was like our one thing. We'd be like, okay, one night out and we would go and it's like our jam. Jess and I do this together. And during COVID and Lockdown, Darren even did this online one called Ie Confidant that people applied four thousands of people and they picked twenty people and Jess and I were in that. Just Halloween's are jam, Like this time rolls around every year and we're like, okay, what can we find? And it's usually mostly like taking the kids to look at lights and pumpkins and that type of stuff, but we always do like Halloween Horror Nights at Universal where there's a haunt you know, mazes you walk through, but these immersive things that Darren does are more think of it that way, like a haunted maze you walk through, but the actors are ready and willing to go any direction kind of that you want to take them in. You know, they're kind of been given a background as story. And just so you know, Exiled is currently playing right now. I think it's there till through the first week in November. And if you don't know what an immersive experiences, think of it, and this is how Darren would put it. There was a movie way back called The Game and it was essentially like everything. It's it's pretty much like choose your own adventure, but it's your life like. So he wanted people to beyond the horror genre thriller genre of seeing a movie and then going home when it's over watching it, you know, on the couch or streaming it, and then the experience is gone.
Speaker 2: And you have a jump scare you.
Speaker 1: Actually, he wanted people to be active participants in how they visually interpreted, let's say, the horror film. So he created immersive experiences where he full on productions and actors and he's that creator. He reminds me so much of my dad because my dad would always be so hands on like and Darren is literally in the trenches doing everything in the control room, telling each actor in their earpiece what to say to the participants, you know, us patrons that are walking through this experience. And he was doing this big one. He is from Kansas City, Missouri, and he had decided he was going to go back to his hometown and now that he's a big you know, director creator, bring the immersive horror experience to his hometown. So this has been like a year and a half in the making. It's called Exiled It's definitely something you don't want to miss because in la I feel like these experiences you know have to be in a big building downtown or you know, they have to rent someplace. This is like authentic, like it's in the woods, you guys, and Kansas City exiled in the woods on one hundred and fifty acres in the woods that they literally transformed into like think of it a Halloween of Hornite's at Universal, but you don't have the safety of Universal. If you are looking for like the ultimate like haunting experience, this is really truly it, and there's different components of it. So there's like immersive stuff where you can have interactions with actors and they've given a whole backstory. So if you want to do the research, you can come into a blind and be fine. But you know, for anyone that wants to prepare for this experience, I don't prepare for trips or packing, but I do prepare for these types of experiences. So there's a backstory of like a story of why the family was there and anyway, none of this you guys don't care about. But it's like an extreme haunt where you like walk through the woods and you're like, you know, Halloween Horn Nights like Universal, it's amazing the mazes, but you know, like afterwards you're like okay, you know, you look to the right and you're like, oh cool, I can have funnel Cake and Harry Potter Land. You know, it's like safe this one. You're really like left out in the woods. So it's like it's all very safe, but it just feels more authentic. And Jess and I were like, Okay, we're going to do this immersive horror experience.
Speaker 2: But we felt guilty because it was like, oh.
Speaker 1: It's not just like us going and telling the kids, hey, we'll be back in a few hours. Like we had to fly to Kansas City, which makes us both uncomfortable leaving our children. But you know, we kind of were like we didn't know if it was going to happen because I was on Dancing with the Stars, and when I signed up for Dancing with the Stars, you know, I kept thinking, okay, that goes through November if I was lucky enough to make it that far. So and Jess is the opposite of me, like she's a planner. I'm gonna go with the flow type of girl. If you plan something too far in advance. I'll find a way to like tank it because I just can't deal with like scheduling things. I'm more like, sure, let's see where the wind blows us and blew us to Kansas City. So she said, do you think we're going to be able to do our im worsive horror experience? And I said, I don't know, because if I'm on Dancing with the Stars, we might not be able to. So silver lining getting eliminated from Dancing with the Stars. All of a sudden, I was like, oh, Jess, we can go do Exiled in Kansas City. And so we're like, okay, well, gosh, there's so much happening in October. October is not only our favorite month of the year because we love Halloween and we're horror girls, but two of our girls have have birthdays in October. So my daughter Hattie's birthday is October tenth, and Justin's daughter Sophia, her birthday's October eighteenth.
Speaker 2: So we're like, okay, how are we going to plan all this?
Speaker 1: And then Darren texted me and he said I think he texted me on a Tuesday and he said, can you fly out Thursday and do my experience here on Friday.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh my gosh, that's really quick.
Speaker 1: So I was like, cool, I don't have to worry about, you know, planning and thinking about a trip ahead of time. That plummeted Jess because she's a planner. She plans things literally like months a year in advance. So saying like, Okay, we're going to do this. This is what we've dreamt of doing. You know, we talked about having me time and we need to do these things. And her husband Wolf, he's home, he can take care of the girls, and Diana's in La he can take care of our kids. Like, it's we should do this for us. And I'm not gonna lie I did. I'm still going to play this carful a little bit, you guys. I was like, and jests, I was just eliminated from Dancing with the Stars. Please, you're my best friend. We need this weekend.
Speaker 2: She's like, okay, so we booked our tickets.
Speaker 1: And we're going to go. And I was like, you know, I'm scared of flying. I'm trying to get over that. This is the new Meet Tory two point zero. Still scared of flying. We're trying to find direct flights, so the only flight we could get because apparently everybody had this idea of going to do I want to say it was for the experience, but also I feel like since Taylor Swift, like, Kansas City's like on the map, so it's hard to get a flight there. Anyway, we found a flight. We booked it literally the day before, and Jess was panicked because she usually plans things. And she was like, Okay, what out to bringing?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, have you met my life? Like do you think?
Speaker 1: And she was like, I just I'm not sure what to pack? Do I need one out of two? I was like, I don't know, Like my life is chaotic, it's crazy. I have five kids. I don't even know what's happening tomorrow. Like I just got to throw my shit in a bag and go. That's the best plan for me.
Speaker 3: Wait, I have a question. So just for the record, I can't think of anything I would rather not do than one of these immerses. But my question is number one, how did you and Jess find out that you both liked to do this.
Speaker 1: That's a great question, And Jess is here now and we can ask her because I'm not sure how we even connected on that.
Speaker 2: I so I was like setting.
Speaker 1: Up the backstory of our immersive history and we plan and then we just get in the car and go for one night. But this was having to fly to another city.
Speaker 2: So you're so lucky. You haven't really missed.
Speaker 1: Any of the good stuff. Ruthanne had a good question. She's curious, as best friends, how did we find out that we both like had this mutual love of horror and intense like immersive and wanting to be in that world.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it started just with Halloween when.
Speaker 2: You see Yeah, I did say that.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's our season, Like, yeah, every year and we like spooky stuff and we wish it was Halloween all year round.
Speaker 5: Right, and we would do like the typical like haunt It, hay Rides and like god, what else is here? Like we did Creep, which is fun. We've done right, like.
Speaker 1: Halloween Horror Nights at Universal we always did. But hay Ride is a good one because we walked out of that and we're like, oh, I just.
Speaker 2: Wish it was scarier.
Speaker 1: I wish there was like some interaction or like what would scare us for?
Speaker 2: We're always looking to be scared.
Speaker 1: And it's really interesting because I feel our dynamic as best friends, Like if you had to think of the two of us, like I'm kind of the extrovert in our relationship, you're the introvert. But this is like the one place where we both can come together and kind of let go of all our inhibitions and feel kind of free. It's like our time. And because it's like immersive, it's not like real life really, right, but.
Speaker 5: The idea is to put yourself out there and feel like it is. And that's the only way to be fully immersed is if you actually you kind of have to.
Speaker 2: You have to play into it, right.
Speaker 4: It's just harder for me.
Speaker 1: Yes, and no, though I think you're really good at it. Well, it's not a game kind of it kind of is like a game. Well that's the other thing it came from is the movie The Game. It's our absolute favorite movie. There's nothing better, and both of us our dream is for the.
Speaker 2: Game to happen to us, right that, like one day.
Speaker 1: Things are just a little off and like things happen, but this happens to us constantly. Well, more happens to me and it's usually me texting like, you're not gonna believe what just happened. You're like, no, I would, and it'd be like the most random thing. But we always are like, one of these days, the weirdest, most random thing that just happened. It's actually going to be a game someone planned for us. And that's what Darren does do is he plans that for people to be able to have I mean he does one on ones, which we're still hoping for one day.
Speaker 5: Well have we On the flight home, we kind of thought that We're like, wait, it's all these exiled people in the same row, Like what if this is a plan?
Speaker 4: Like what if that wasn't remember? We were kind of like what happened?
Speaker 1: Because I think are into this world and our friends with Darren and Morgan like we just always think that, like whatever we're doing, we're like, but what if that person over there on the plane is like when you told me you can find any other.
Speaker 2: Flights except Southwest?
Speaker 1: I was like I did have a moment where I was like, did Darren like get all like the tickets and everyone on that plane is going to be an actor except for me and Jess, And Jess knows it's happening.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 5: You said that on the plane. You were like, is that Are you in on this? Like what's happening.
Speaker 2: Let's started at the airport.
Speaker 5: In the airport, we were like you were You had me freaking out. I'm like, there's no way at this point, it was almost three o'clock in the morning, Like it wasn't gonna happen, but you had me panicked. You're like looking around, You're hoodie up, your sunglasses on.
Speaker 2: You were ready for.
Speaker 1: It, right because Darren notoriously has done things like that and Morgan like with people that they'll just like grab you, please do it, like grab you from the airport, shove you in a van, and you're like, just go for it, like you don't know what's real and what's not. Yeah, okay, So before you came on, I was just saying how you and I have a hard thing as guilty moms, that mom guilt ever like going beyond doing like we'll go out and have our worse of one night. But for us to go away was a tough thing for two days because we both we both feel really bad, but we decided to do it. It was last minute. Your packing was like it was interesting because you're a planner and a packer and like everything's thought out. But because you only had like a day's notice, I feel like.
Speaker 2: It was good. It was like the undoing that you need it done.
Speaker 5: No, I still stress out about it because I'm like, you know, I actually have thought about this.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what if she does this to me again?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 5: I bought a tiny face washed travel size. If you do this, I'm ready, swear.
Speaker 1: To God it is if I do it to you again. You're a willing to participant.
Speaker 5: No, but you love your last minute stuff, so I have it ready. I have my mini face washed so I don't get like stuck Intosa again.
Speaker 1: It was really fun though. When I told you, why don't we just do a carry on and not check, You're like, wait, what what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That didn't work for me. And then you're like, I only packed one pair of shoes. I'm like, yeah, duh, me too.
Speaker 4: I ended up bringing too. You did so did you? But I only did one.
Speaker 1: I didn't ee second pair. They stayed in my bag the whole time. There you go, see goes to show. Okay, so what happened?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We got to the airport, we flew, we landed, our flight kept being delayed, delayed, delayed, delayed, which I wasn't mad at because I got to stay home a little bit longer with the kids.
Speaker 4: Same Can I ask you a question about that?
Speaker 3: So yeahsives is it like, Okay, it begins at this time or it could begin anytime like that? How does that work?
Speaker 5: So this one, I mean, there's I guess it depends on what you're doing. There's some of them have an arg aspect to them where there's like different online things you can participate in. Prior this one, it was a specific timed event, but sometimes when you participate in the online portion, you don't really know what's going to happen. Like they could show up to your house, they could show up, throw us in a van at the airport. A lot of different things that happened. So we were kind of unsure because in the past we've been more active online doing a lot of that, so I think there was more reason for that to happen this time we were not. So it did start at the ticket of time and it ended at the you know what was it four hours later? So it was along it was longthand do you know what an ARG is?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 2: Are you googling it?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: In case you don't know, because the likelihood of me ever doing.
Speaker 3: This is zero.
Speaker 2: So arg alternate reality game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but when Okay, So when people say that, I think, like, naturally, my mind goes to like a controller like place.
Speaker 2: It's not like that at all.
Speaker 5: It's all like a mind fuck basically. It's it's just it's all like psychological and more like you're interacting with characters and that sort of thing than it is like an actual game, because sometimes there's not really any game aspects sometimes les or things like that.
Speaker 1: But then I don't think there was with this one, thank god, because you know, I suck at that. A lot of people ask me, oh, is it so it's like an escape room?
Speaker 2: No, not really at all.
Speaker 5: The best way to describe it would be the game like to watch the movie. I mean, I feel like that's the easiest way to describe like kind.
Speaker 4: Of what it is to an extent, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Definitely?
Speaker 1: But this one had portions to it, so there was like the haunted trails were like it would be like doing a haunted maze.
Speaker 4: Or yeah, horrorizers thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jump out.
Speaker 4: We did have our little eating.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I forgot they made just and I eat dried maggots.
Speaker 5: We didn't know until after the fact. I'm like gagging in the corner, spinning it all out.
Speaker 2: Did you spit it out? And then ask do you think I spin it out? No, I'm hardcore. Yeah, when I'm in it, I meant it.
Speaker 3: I mean that is where I would be so out. I can't know that's.
Speaker 2: Where you would be out. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't have been in in the first place. But that's exactly the kind of thing that would keep me from doing something like that.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's the first time I've had to eat something like really actually like nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they never do that. It's not like fear factor like that. That was the first And that was.
Speaker 5: Just part of like the trail. That wasn't part of like the show prior the shit that was kind of.
Speaker 3: Like the.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't know how to describe that part, don't ask me, but it wasn't part. No, that was the like towards the end the appetizer was like there was like a whole other section.
Speaker 4: We were the other parts.
Speaker 5: We were there for maybe the three hours that was like the last hour kind of like get out here. Yeah, So there were three parts and we pulled up, we parked.
Speaker 2: We're with our.
Speaker 1: Friend Larry, who we know from all these immersive experiences because we made like a group of friends and it's all misfit, unlikely friends like that.
Speaker 2: We're all friends. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 5: And a lot of them happened to be going to the event and he just hadn't getting there the same week r other friends went the weekend before, and I guess there's others going, you know, right in our immersive group what do we call them?
Speaker 2: What are we? I don't know, immersive groupies. Oh I'm a groupie for once.
Speaker 4: We neither.
Speaker 2: But it's all scared, no scared.
Speaker 5: That's the thing that is interesting is when I first found the first one tension, I was googling like the scariest haunted house that you could ever fought, Like just stupid things like that because I thought it was I wanted to be scared.
Speaker 4: But a lot of it is more vulnerability. No, I can't say it.
Speaker 5: So a lot of it's that, and it's just putting yourself out there in an uncomfortable space more than anything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we like scary stuff, but I think when we say it's like a horror thing, it's really not.
Speaker 5: No, I agree, right, vulnerabile, You're right, it is. It's all about being vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. And you know that's different for each person. And I think when you do something like that, it's not pushing yourself out of your comfort zone in an extroverted way. Like it's not like me when I was like, oh, dancing with the stars, this is one of my biggest fears. Like, that's a different type of fear, right, this is like just being able to be as much or as little out of your comfort zone and showing like your real self. For me, it's acceptance, Like I feel I don't feel accepted a lot. I think in the way I want to be accepted, And I feel like in this world I can be whoever I want to be and I blend in. I'm like, because you can go as far as you want, Like if you want to interact with all the actors there, you can. If you just want to walk through and do the trail, you can.
Speaker 2: So that day.
Speaker 1: So we fly in and I was our friend. Our friend Tim had done it the weekend before or two weekends before, and he had gotten doused in fake blood. And Jess and I had done something like three years ago where we played like the Shining Twins and we got fake blood and she's brunette. So it came out my blonde extensions like it didn't come out. I had like pink hair for a really long time. And I was really nervous because Tim got big blood dumped on him, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you know anything about extensions and hair, like oo, it's like now ex expensive.
Speaker 1: It's like you know, it's like a small rent. It's not a small rent, it's like a full size, like fire in those studio apartment. You put these suckers in. You want them to last as long as possible. So Laura had just put in my new twenty two inch extensions. I was super proud of them, fresh color. And then I was like, great, well, I know myself and I'm not going to hold back. Like when I'm into these things, I give everything anything I do in life. If I'm committed, I put my whole heart and soul into and so I was like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Never going to be like, wait, no, my hair.
Speaker 1: And then we knew if we said anything to Darren or Morgan that they do it even more and fuck with us. So it was a conundrum because we were like what should we do? And I had this gala had to present at and I was like, I can't come back with pink hair.
Speaker 2: So we had discussed maybe.
Speaker 1: Like getting beanies, wearing wigs like we wanted. We didn't know what to do, but because it was so rushed, we didn't get our beanies.
Speaker 5: No what she ordered eight I think instacart to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not at that point in the store yet. Okay.
Speaker 1: So we're at our hotel and the thing is happening that night and it's like midday.
Speaker 2: We got up.
Speaker 1: We're like, we should go explore the city. We walked for two blocks and we said, okay, cool, we saw the city and then we came back to our hotel and decided to have a drink instead and lunch. That we were sitting at the hotel bar and I'm like, shoot, we still haven't gotten the beanies yet.
Speaker 2: We don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: And then we start asking where, like are there stores around here?
Speaker 4: Are their little boutiques? Or like where can we buy bees?
Speaker 2: Right? Jess was like.
Speaker 1: She'd never been to Kansas City, Missouri? Or you had when you were three?
Speaker 2: Right? I have?
Speaker 4: I was like three, I was a flower girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was But she was like, like, do you guys have a target?
Speaker 1: Like it's not a third world country, It's like of course. I was like, and you're like, no way, do they have Instacart here? I was like, they have Instacart everywhere. Life changing, big believer in Instacart. Instacart. If anyone wonders where my money is gone, it's intact. Yeah, oh yeah, it really is. And I don't apologize for it. I get everything on Instacart.
Speaker 2: It's so much.
Speaker 1: It's a game changer when you have five kids and not have to take them.
Speaker 2: Like school projects.
Speaker 1: I can instacart great instead of having to go to Michael's. Anyway, So I was like, oh, I think I found it, and so we started talking to the bartender.
Speaker 2: What should we call him?
Speaker 4: How about Mike?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 1: No way, I don't know if you talk to a guy named Mike, I know, I don't know what I think I know Mike from years ago, but I don't really know.
Speaker 2: Who's guy you said.
Speaker 5: He looked like, no, he looks like oh, the the comedian guy, Matt Matt.
Speaker 1: Matt Matt was rife. Okay, so we start, Oh, I should have gone back that. When we checked into the hotel at three am, we thought it was haunted.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it was really sketch like sketch, like American horror story hotel sketch. We walk in like the gold elevators. Not a soul was there.
Speaker 4: The doors were locked.
Speaker 1: We couldn't even get in, No, couldn't get in, and it was all like the old, vintage looking furniture.
Speaker 4: So it just felt very haunted, which we kind of liked, but not at three It's kind.
Speaker 1: Of liked, but not really because we do like lucks, but we can roll with the punches. But it was like, I don't know, and you booked a hotel. I was like, yeah, we were worried.
Speaker 5: I was just worried of it was clean, and I was unsure when we checked in if it was clean. Yeah, just because you know how I am. I getting nervous when it's vintage, I get nervous.
Speaker 1: I was just worried for our lives. I didn't care about bedbugs. Like then it was like the shining Yeah. But anyway, the funny part is when we.
Speaker 2: Woke up and it was daylight, it was like the opposite. It was like a super chic boutique hotel.
Speaker 1: And we were like, oh my god, we had created because this is what we do, this whole game like story in our heads that was haunted. Anyway, back to the bar, so, I feel like the bartender Matt, We asked him, okay, oh, I think we were like do you know about Exile because we assumed like it's like Halloween horror nights if you live in La like you know, that's the place to go, and it's one hundred and fifty acres.
Speaker 2: That they Yeah, so we were like, hey, have you heard of it? And he was like no, what is it?
Speaker 1: And I feel like we were like, oh, it's just like this immersive experience where you go to this extreme haunt lost in the woods and you come home like saturated in blood. Yeah, and he looked terrified, like no, no, no, we're just kidding. We're just kidding kind of and ish and we're like no, no, no, it's just it's totally safe.
Speaker 2: Our friend does it.
Speaker 1: He's from here and he's putting this whole thing on and that's why we flew in. And then he asked where it was taking place, and we told him because it was outside of the city, and he's like, oh, I grew up there, right, yeah, and they were like, okay, yeah, and then we were like, do you know where to find beanies?
Speaker 5: He didn't even He was kind of unsure what a beanie was, or he said, who even says beanie?
Speaker 4: Something weird like.
Speaker 1: That, right, yeah, something, And so yeah, he wasn't, and I was like, we explained the hair situation. So I guess where it kind of starts to get interesting is we're drinking, we're having fun. And then I think it was mainly you were like whispering to me. He's cute, right, I think that's where it started going, Right, he's cute.
Speaker 2: Talk to him. No, I don't even remember. And I'm so not the.
Speaker 1: Type that like, I've never seen you do this ever, right, like talks to someone one because I'm just not confident enough to do that. And yeah, he was strikingly good looking, I don't know, young, yeah, very very young.
Speaker 4: He has no idea.
Speaker 5: Who she is, right, And I think you're trying to play that on the fact that.
Speaker 4: Hopefully he would.
Speaker 2: But I think he was so that what wasn't I mean he I love it?
Speaker 1: Not at first it was I mean, I'm going through a divorce, I've been married for eighteen years. Like I think it did feel nice because I think I said to you at one point, like do you feel like he he's learning with me? And you said yes, right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the thing with him was he he was so young that you could tell he was just uncomfortable feeling that there was any kind of attention on him, Like he kind of didn't know how to act.
Speaker 4: And at first I'm like, does he know who she is? Is that why he's being weird?
Speaker 5: But I think he was just uncomfortable by you just talking to him normally, because then we find out he has no idea who you are, right, And.
Speaker 1: It was nice that you know, you could tell when someone Yeah, he didn't know who I was. But in my mind, I was like, I feel the response I'm getting from him is he feels like I'm attractive as well, Like the same thing I'm thinking he's cute.
Speaker 2: He thinks I'm.
Speaker 1: Cute anyway, we tell him we're doing this experience or we're going to have to go, and but he was going to be there at the bar all night, and we're like, oh, you know, maybe afterwards we'll come back. Depends on, you know, if we can find beanies and if I are going to be bloodstained everywhere. Like so we leave, and I did find beanies on instacart, eight of them, well, because one pack wouldn't be enough because what if it was the wrong color.
Speaker 2: It was like one of those.
Speaker 1: Two pack colors, like so, yes, there's eight, so and they didn't fit our heads and they looked horrible and we left them behind. So whoever got those, they're brand new, so you're welcome.
Speaker 2: So we get.
Speaker 1: Ready, we meet our friend Larry for dinner, and then Larry drives us.
Speaker 2: We park on the dirt road, we walk in.
Speaker 1: Immediately they stay to Jess and I you two over here stand in the salt circle, and then Larry's taken from.
Speaker 2: Us, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't see him the rest of the night.
Speaker 1: Rest of the night, like he went through the whole experience by himself, which he doesn't mind, like he goes for himself.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, literally, they're not knowing we were going, but they know Justin, I don't like to be like I feel like it's one of those things you can't even tell at experiences. You can't say like they have one on one experiences at different companies and stuff that you can do, Like justin, I never do those.
Speaker 2: We always do the groups like, but they try to us, they do. But yeah, but I feel.
Speaker 1: Like they know at this point in the game that you know, in their lives that we come as a package deal. So I feel like we do get special treatment that way. They rarely split us up. Although someone took you from me on the trail, which you thought I abandoned you.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm coming out of here. You left me. I just caught up with you.
Speaker 2: She's like, you left me, Like that was at the end.
Speaker 1: That was at the end. You were gone from me for a really long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we drugs alone, we didn't know, you didn't know I had them, right.
Speaker 1: And I was in a group of strangers and I was alone, not a soul with me.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds really fun.
Speaker 1: Well, I could have like waited, you know, you do Halloween whoror nights and like if you can stay back a little bit so that you don't see what's coming up, and people are going through the experience. So I got with this group and when I'm in one of these things, you know, we're pretending like, oh, they're coming. You know, they had chainsaws out, no blades, like coming at us, and you have to when they tell you to run, run and one way's a dead end, so you know, we go for it. So I'm like into this and then this guy just like pushes past me and goes and I'm like, what is happening? Like you always say the lady, like if this was real life. And then so he kind of just pushes me out the way because he's scared and he's like running, and I.
Speaker 2: Was just like, that's so weird because if.
Speaker 1: I'm ever in these things with people, and by the way, if there's ever an emergency and you're with me, like I'm a good person to be with because I will never leave you alone, like like no troll left behind. Oh wait, that was an original thing, but we're moms, so we watched trolls. So anyway, I caught up to him and I was like, he's like I was like, you totally bailed on me. I was like, we're in a group, like you're supposed to all be look out for each other. And this guy was very nice, but he was like, I'm really drunk. He's like, I'm drunk. I've never been to one of these before. I don't know what's happening. And I was like, I got you. So I forget what his name was, but I said, grab my hand. So I took his hand and then there were like people running at us with machetes and stuff, and I was like run and I totally took care of him, and then I don't know, he left me again at some point. He wasn't meant for this immersive world. But I finally found Jess and it was near the end, and then they put blood on us.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't like crazy.
Speaker 5: Bad that was done in the in the Carnival, Yes, what about the Carnival?
Speaker 2: Oh, talk about the Carnival.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the Carnival was the second portion, I guess the three levels. If you buy level two, you get to go to the carnival and the trail. If you're level three you do the tent, the carnival, the trail.
Speaker 2: So we did all three.
Speaker 5: But the carnival, you were very into the apothecary tent. It was really fun, like we're going around to the little areas, like there was what like food cards. But everyone in on the show, it's like it's a carnival. But they're all actors.
Speaker 2: You know, they're not vendors. They're actors.
Speaker 1: Darren Morgan are in their earpieces telling them what to say and like go with the storyline. And they do have certain storylines. They're even like they've rehearsed how to go right right.
Speaker 2: Like a spider.
Speaker 3: They can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they'll play ball with you.
Speaker 1: But you seem shocked that I was like this, But I'm like this in every immersive experience.
Speaker 2: Balls to the wall.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm trying to be nice as always.
Speaker 2: I start now.
Speaker 5: Because I'm trying to protect you publicly always.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I tell all of your deepest dark secrets. So we were drinking.
Speaker 5: Obviously we were drinking before we were drinking there because in the other tent, like the first tent, they were serving you drinks like there was a guy like making sure you had to drink in your hand at all times.
Speaker 4: So safe to say we.
Speaker 2: Were drunk, right, I've seen this worse ish.
Speaker 4: So she we finally make it to the apothecary.
Speaker 1: Tent and the guy there's like a fortune teller tent. Yeah, and it was all actors, all apathet carry.
Speaker 5: Go to Apotha Carry and there's this young guy there, and she's just like, you're like fixated on young guys throughout this episode.
Speaker 2: It's not like I'm some old hag or you're not.
Speaker 5: But I mean they were young guys, Like what else? What am I was supposed to call them?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know the guy's name.
Speaker 1: I don't know that is I think never Apothecary, I like essential oils.
Speaker 2: You guys like great.
Speaker 4: So she just got very fond of this young.
Speaker 5: Gentleman, Jessica kind of more than kind of.
Speaker 1: We've done so many immersive experiences. I've never heard you call any of the actors, including like Billie Eilish's ex boyfriends one like you never referred to him as like young.
Speaker 5: We've never talked about him afterwards. We just for now you're making me do a podcast about them, So what do you want me.
Speaker 2: To call them?
Speaker 1: There was an actor author carry wise. He's suddenly a young actor.
Speaker 5: You were quite fine, You were quite fond of him, so you were very into trying.
Speaker 1: To evoke his storyline exactly and see how far I could push it exactly.
Speaker 5: So she was told to go find a scone in the main tent or something. So we were running around trying to find that, and then we were kind of like splitting off doing our own thing. And there was in my perspective, every time I'm turning around looking for you, I felt.
Speaker 4: Like a mom. I'm like, where is she? Where is she?
Speaker 5: You kept ending up back to this tent, and the story was kind of over with him.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds like a hymn problem. That's not a me problem. Like if you're going to be involved in this world and you're an actor and this is your thing, like go with the storyline and if a participant is like pushing the envelope.
Speaker 2: I love when they played ball.
Speaker 1: So anyway, in the main tent, the actor that played the milk maid milk not milkmaid. In fact, I think there's a picture of you online when says the Stars come to Exile Kansas, Kansas City, there's a picture of you and the milkman.
Speaker 2: I saw Jessica, you're a star.
Speaker 1: You didn't even hear that though when he when he first, because we had to do an offering, right and bring a personal offering, and I thought it was really kind to me, since these are new and very expensive extensions, to give up one of my own.
Speaker 2: So I did. I took out one of my extensions and offered it up.
Speaker 4: Well, it fell out on the plane on the way.
Speaker 2: There, and that as well happened, so it just worked out perfectly. It did.
Speaker 1: But when I went up to do the offering and they're all in suits and it's all very formal, I don't even remember what the guy said because you didn't even hear it. But he did start to say that he thought I was robbed when I was ELIMINAI and I'm dancing with the stars and I should keep dancing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard kind of the end of it.
Speaker 5: I didn't hear the whole thing because we had we were separated, well not separated, but they were clearly.
Speaker 1: Darren and Morgan told him to say that. But it was really nice.
Speaker 4: How do you know the milkman wasn't watching you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, I don't know. Yeah, maybe maybe he was a big fan. Who knows, because it definitely wasn't. The bartender had no idea who I was. So after the whole show, we decide to go back to the bar. We're with our friend Larry. Now Larry drives his home. We didn't see Larry the whole show. We go back to the bar and I'm trying to explain the way I'm uncomfortably explaining on the podcast today to Larry to catch him up. Yeah, it was hard bartender like in, I think he was larring me. And Larry, who was a writer, was very into this and he was like, ah, I just I love this storyline.
Speaker 2: Let's go. So we get there.
Speaker 1: MAT's still there and I'm like we walk in and I'm like, oh, look we're back and didn't wear beanies and my hair's still fine. I did have blood, like fake blood all down my chin, and I look like a vampire or something. It was cute though, Yeah, yeah, I like that look. So how did it even come up? Like he started talking to us and we were talking about the experience and all that, and then how did we realize that he knew who I was or didn't know who I was?
Speaker 4: I think it was the realm. I'm trying to think. Honestly, I'm not sure. I just.
Speaker 5: At one point, I think he went to the bathroom and he was googling you, and he was.
Speaker 2: He had to google to see who it was. You had already googled to.
Speaker 4: Show him it was real or something weird like that.
Speaker 1: So once he did find out who I was, he was like, what would I know you from? And what was the last show you were on?
Speaker 2: What was the last show you were on? Good one, Good one, good one?
Speaker 1: And I said, oh, I was just on Dancing with the Stars, and he said, oh, my mom used to watch that.
Speaker 2: And I was like, but I don't watch that.
Speaker 1: But I don't watch that, And no, he didn't know my last name. He just knew my name was Tori, and that I think he thought, because he was young and never.
Speaker 2: Watched the show, that it was like a show that I was starring on.
Speaker 1: It's not like he didn't understand that you get cast on that show because you are someone relevant or famous or whatever in your field. So the night he just kept calling me Torri from Dancing with the Stairs.
Speaker 4: It was so good, and I want to call you that for the rest of your life, right, and.
Speaker 1: You know, we were all just like hanging out and I was just like it was just fun and cute and harmless, and I was just like this is great, Like I feel validated again, you know, like I keep like chuck chuck chug up that hill. And I was feeling really confident, and you know, I was sad, rang up photo off dancing with the stars. But then we came here and never would have happened. And then look this guy like is flirting with me. Yay, somebody's flirting with me. And then I asked about his family, and this is the point in the program where Larry said he saw my soul get crushed. Uh, when he was like, oh, he started Oh, Larry started asking him about his family because he grew up here there and anyway, it was the part when I heard that.
Speaker 2: His mom is fifty, so she's.
Speaker 1: A year younger than me that Larry said he saw like your soul get crushed, and my soul get crushed and drained from my body.
Speaker 2: It kind of did.
Speaker 4: And I was dying laughing in the corner when I heard that.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so yeah, that was pretty much all right. So it was like harmless and fun and now i know I'm attractive.
Speaker 2: Two men have mommy issues, so yay winning. Fuck me,