Speaker 1: Hi everyone. I am so excited because I'm staring at a beautiful face. So am I I have my first friend Sheena on. Thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. I'm excited. I love this for you.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like, as soon as I knew I was doing a podcast, I had to reach out to you and I'm like, I need your help give me some title names. And I feel like you've been one of the few who have been so supportive in every way possible, and You've been such a great friend to me. So I'm like, I have to have Ghina.
Speaker 2: Yes. No, I feel honored to be one of your first guests. So thank you for having me. And I mean going back and forth with the titles, like there were so many good titles there was. I don't know how you just finally narrowed it down and picked one.
Speaker 1: Well, I really we really liked Mother, and I was like, I love Mother. It's super strong. But I don't want it to be only about like parenting. I wanted to be about everything. So I kept thinking, pursuit of happiness. That is my pursuit. But also I feel like now I have a little sas so it's like pursuit of status.
Speaker 2: This past summer, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for everyone to see. Yeah, do you remember how we met?
Speaker 2: So it was through Brittany, Yes, right, but I'm trying to remember like the first time because y'all have known each other for a while. But I felt like we really got to know each other in Vegas a couple of years ago for her birthday, although I know I met you prior at like birthday parties, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just like before. And that was my first girl's trip with everybody in Vegas, and that was a crazy weekend. It was I.
Speaker 2: Mean, this was pre Janet having a baby. She was on a full send mode.
Speaker 1: That was the first time I hung out with Janet. So it was like I bonded with everybody. We all stayed at the same hotel on the same floor. I stayed with Britney. I had no ice, no idea what I was getting myself into.
Speaker 2: You didn't know you were going to see a bush that weekend, did ya?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god?
Speaker 1: The bush. When everyone kept saying the bush, it was like, what is the bush?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, we played truth or Dare and I quickly learned what the bush was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she literally just sent me a TikTok. I'm like, Janet, I don't want to click and open that. She goes, no, it's just the thing about bushes. I was like, I see that, I can read what the title is. I don't want to open it. She's like, you don't like bush content? No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still have that image in my head where somebody I think she like, volunteered. She's like, I want to run.
Speaker 2: Around she got on the elliptical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, completely name And I didn't even know this girl. I just knew her from like, Hi, my name's Janet, and that was it. M h. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember another time I met you, or like I was with you. I think it was maybe Kristen's birthday, but we were at like a Mexican restaurant in the valley. It was outside, might have been Britney's birthday. I don't know it was someone's, but I remember Isabella was so little, like maybe she was two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was probably just under two, but she was and she still is.
Speaker 2: I was like, that is the most beautiful child I've ever seen, Like she is just so amazing. I love her.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you? Yeah, yeah, she was a handful. I mean, I feel like from the beginning. She learned how to walk at eight months? What yes, eight months, eight and a half months.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that does happen.
Speaker 1: It does happen. And so she's always been like a runner, and she used to climb and I used to always just like not be able to hang out with people and talk to people because I was always chasing her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mom told me that I walked at nine months, and I've never believed her because I'm like, it's not a thing. She's like, you walked before you crawled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I saw you. I was watching TV and I didn't know I saw you on Mass Singer.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know. I couldn't tell anyone about it, obviously, like it's such a keep your mouth closed sort.
Speaker 1: Of shower, Like, how dare you not tell me?
Speaker 2: No? No, I did not tell anyone. Actually, though, Janet, I had put her on my list because my sister was unavailable one of the days and I was like, if I need an assistant or someone, and so I was like, well, you're gonna have to sign an NDA if I tell you this. So she was literally the only person outside sign I don't know if she signed it, you're like here, oh my the show sent those out, okay, but just in case I needed someone to be there to help assist me with anything, which I didn't end up needing it, and I went home the first night, so she didn't get to come that second night with me anyways. But I literally couldn't tell anyone. I didn't even tell my dad. I called my dad the day before it aired and I was like, Hey, I know you have to work tomorrow, just want to let you know, like I did this thing. And he was like, why are you barely telling me now? And I'm like, good, Dad, I love you and like I trust you, but you also can just be so proud and bragging to your friendsh Yeah, my daughter's gonna be on mask singer tonight. And it's like no, no, no, you're not supposed to tell people before because then you have to unmask and the whole thing. So there's so much secrecy around it. That was hard for me because I couldn't tell anyone about this incredible experience I had. I'm literally turning off my location when I'm on set.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, how many people have your location?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so I lied to Lalla. I completely made up something I don't even remember what. I was supposed to be in Palm Springs with her that weekend, and I was like, I can't go. I had dressed, rehearsal, I had vocal lessons, I had all of this stuff, and so I don't even know what I made up. But thankfully she wasn't in town and she actually doesn't have my location, so that was good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to know about the costume because it was so gorgeous that it seemed so heavy. How did you wear that entire costume while singing?
Speaker 2: I really thought I was going to be claustrophobic when I put it on for the first time. So I did which I do with my OCD some exposure therapy on Halloween, and I dressed up as a skeleton that zipped all the way over the face. Because that was like really close to my face I could see.
Speaker 1: Through and I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 2: I just I was trying to think, like, how am I going to get more comfortable with doing this. I have to move around, I have to dance, I have to sing, I have to perform the outfit itself. I was able to move in it. We ended up putting a slit in it because I wanted to do splits for my second performance, which sadly we didn't get to see. But I did this for Halloween, so all of tricker treating and everything, I'm like, walk and I'm just like breathe. You got this that Honestly, the next day, when I showed up for dress rehearsal and they put the head on, I was like, oh my god, there's so much room to breathe in this because the skeleton zip up. Puddy was like on my face that was hard to breathe inn But I just asked no. Literally, I went full method, and so once we put it on, it wasn't even that it was heavy, it just was awkward. I have a very small head, so I'm like, you guys, like, I'm afraid if I try to make one little move it's just gonna fall off. And if I do the splits, I have to put my hands down and then I pop out into them and I go, has anyone's head ever fallen off? And they go one time it did happen, and they just left it in because they're like, well, that's real. That's what happened. You know, that's who it is. And I was like, but I don't want that to happen. So they had to put a bicycle helmet inside the actual bat head and crank it so it stayed on my head.
Speaker 1: So all of this for a performance, All of this is it live?
Speaker 2: It's in front of a live studio audience. Yeah, so it's not airing live, but there's hundreds of people right there screaming for me. They have no idea who I am, and that was such a fun part and aspect of it is being able to.
Speaker 1: Perform and not no one knows who is exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm not on the bar singing good as gold, Like this was something so insanely out of my comfort zone. I was so proud of myself for doing it that I'm like, okay, I'm so ready for night too. Like we just crushed that I did miss one of my choreography turns, and that just for my OCD.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, we'll talk about the OCD a second.
Speaker 2: For sure, but no, it was such an incredible experience and I was really proud of myself. I was just I was so bummed that I went home first I felt like just kind of was a little depressed and sad. The next day, I took summer out of schools, like, We're going to Palm Springs. I just like want to go and take my family and get away.
Speaker 1: And you're competitive, We're totally We're both very competitive my whole life. We go all out whenever we get like assigned to do something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it worked out the timing that I didn't have her go to school that day because norovirus broke out at her school that week and so yeah, so she like totally missed it because I was like, you're not going to school tomorrow, We're going to Palm Springs. So it worked out for her.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that was epic, And I think, did you get a tattoo?
Speaker 2: I did? Oh God?
Speaker 1: Sheina? And that going to be in book number.
Speaker 2: Two maybe, Yeah, I've got to do. I'm gonna do a bit of a sleeve.
Speaker 1: So your book, Yes, when is it coming out?
Speaker 2: July twenty second. It's available for pre order right now on my good sidebook dot com. There are signed copies available as well.
Speaker 1: How many did you sign? Actually, I don't know. If I saw you went live? I did and Isabella's wanted to watch, so she was watching, and I tucked in Isabella and I say, Hi, I love that.
Speaker 2: I wasn't looking as much at the comments because I was trying to sign them, and I realized I'm good at multitasking, but trying to answer questions while signing them it didn't work so well. So I'm like, I'm going to do another live, but I'm just gonna take my time signing them because I was trying to get through as many as.
Speaker 1: Possible in Summer signed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there are three special Summer moon editions that will go into a book somewhere. But I got through a little over three hundred last night, so wow, Yeah, I have, like, I don't know, seventeen hundred more, Okay, in the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: How long did it take you to write that?
Speaker 2: The whole process was over a year, but the real bones of the book and writing the majority of it we did in like four months.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it was a long process finding the right person to collaborate with and then being like, no, I don't want to and then okay, yes, this person and then there's a lot of this process that I write about in the book because this was all so new to me. I know if I ever do a second book, what I would do differently, what I loved about this process, But it was a lot, But I'm very proud of it. I'm just also nervous for it to come out because I don't really hold.
Speaker 1: Back and I know that feeling. Yeah, So, I mean, we had lunch recently and you're like, Hey, I wanted to talk to you about a little chapter in my book, and when you told me, I was incredibly surprised. Yeah, proud of you at the same time for being so open and vulnerable in your book. So I'm excited to read it, and I'm for everybody to read it.
Speaker 2: I know me too. It's one of the biggest things that've I did so many things in my career just recently that I'm like, wow, like mass singer, like that's one of the biggest things I've ever done, like a network show like that, But then writing a book, I'm like, this is one of the biggest things in my career I've ever done. And they just all kind of came together around the same time.
Speaker 1: So I know, you're very inspiring. Like honestly, out of everybody, I'm like You're such a go getter and you are constantly multitasking and just doing so many different things. I'm like, how do you do it? And I just watch you and I don't get it. And You're like, I'm in New York today, I'm in La tomorrow, I'm in Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I was just in Puerto Rico. And then I go back to New York. I'm going to Palm Springs this weekend. Coachella stagecoach Summer's birthday.
Speaker 1: In between speaking of birthdays, Yes, your birthday is coming up.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, are you. Yes, you look amazing and you're about that forty years old.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Can I say that, Yes you can.
Speaker 2: It's I think it's google able. No, it's a big one coming up. And I felt like about six seven months ago, I was so excited for it. I'm like, oh my god, I can't wait to be forty. I just felt very energized about planning it all. And then the things that I wanted to do we're just not really coming together. I wanted to go to Mexico, and now Brock is in an in between visa things. He's applying to be a citizen right now. So I was like, I don't know if I want you really leaving the country right now with just how things are. So I'm like, let's not do Mexico. And then he's like, just do a girls trip. So I'm like, okay, we'll do a girls trip. And then I was like, no, I don't want to do anything, and we have to be in Vegas the weekend after, so I'm like, maybe we'll go to Vegas. And I've literally planned absolutely nothing and it's in a few weeks.
Speaker 1: I mean, you had an epic thirty ninth birthday.
Speaker 2: Right and that's what I feel like. I kind of already did it. I'm like, how are we going to do better than last year? Smearnoff threw me the best party.
Speaker 1: They did at the best house and at the best.
Speaker 2: Food, the best drinks, Like it was so good, it was so fun that I don't know how we're going to do that better. I wanted to try and recreate our welcome party that we had for our wedding, and we did this like massive white party in Mexico at an all inclusive resort. That was my original vision and then now it's just that didn't come together.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we don't know what we're doing for birthday, no idea, Okay, we have a couple of weeks. Yes, there's so many birthdays.
Speaker 2: I know, and I swear with I guess, well, Isabelle as a year older? But I know you had her like write COVID. Yes, but I felt like the COVID baby boom. All the babies came spring of twenty twenty one. Because right now everybody's eight week or me. Every weekend, I know there's a birthday party.
Speaker 1: This weekend is Crus's birthday.
Speaker 2: I know my mom is going to take Summer because I'll be at Coachella. No, you see, I never make it to Cruise's birthday. I'm like Brittany, if it's on Coachella, I'm not going to be there. But then Summer's birthday is on stage Coach.
Speaker 1: So that's why I just do Disneyland for me. It's like kind of our ritual now I've been doing it ever since she's too. It was like, yeah, we just do a cake at home, a really nice cake, whatever you want, and then we go to Disneyland and you get presents.
Speaker 2: And we're smart. I started with a massive party for her first birthday, which was really more for the parents, you know, that was for me and kind of so was the second one. Then by the third one she has friends from dance class and whatnot, and so we did that one last year and now this year, I'm like, oh, I guess you're getting two parties because we have a lot of cousins and friends with kids, and well.
Speaker 1: I'm going to focus on your birthday since it's such a big one. I know, yeah, I mean you've done so much in the last ten fifteen years. I didn't know about Pizza Pizza Girl, My gosh, I was like, what is this to watch this? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a cute Disney show, Like it's something that I love too that I have Jonas, Pizza Girl and Mass Singer for like my daughter and her friends were like, Okay, well you're not going to watch The Valley. You know, you do not need to go back and watch Vandawumbrules, but you can watch Jonas, you can watch Mass Singer.
Speaker 1: I actually want to watch that with Yazabella. I was like, I didn't know this. What else do I not know about?
Speaker 2: GINI did nine or two one zero back in the day. Really, I was a featured extra on Entourage for years.
Speaker 1: Like, wait, I've seen that show a million times.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So I used to work in the office. When Ari in the later seasons moved into his new office, I was at one of the desks, like every time they shot there, I was one of the regular Oh my got it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go home tonight and watch.
Speaker 2: It on the first one I ever did was Vinnie Chase's birthday party on the Queen Mary with all of the Victoria's Secret model I just watched that up and I'm right there in the background.
Speaker 1: I really Oh oh, I got that say.
Speaker 2: It was like one of my first regular side gigs. When I first moved out here, I had an agent who got me a model rate which was higher than SAG. I got all of my SAG vouchers already, and I got to just go and hang out with the boys all of the time. Filmed an earth cafe like shops on Sunset.
Speaker 1: I always talk about that show because it literally is all of la and I'm like, I've been there, I've been there. I love it all.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even tell you how many episodes I did, but there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome. Yeah, Aaron and I actually just watched the first episode of vander Pump Rules No way, Yeah, why because I just I was like, you know what, let's just watch an episode. I was like, I want to watch an episode. I want to watch a reunion, like I want to know more about my friends now, Like why not? And so we watched it. I was like, oh my god, baby, Sheena.
Speaker 2: My voice was so high back then, Like I genuinely I went to the doctor last year because I worried. I'm like, why is my voice you know more rascal and you age and your voice does change. But whenever I see a scene from an old episode, I'm like, wow, my voice was really high back then.
Speaker 1: So is it weird to watch yourself from season one?
Speaker 2: It's weird because I don't remember a lot of it. So when I watch something back like it will come back to me and I'm like, oh my god, I remember that. But I genuinely don't like to go back and watch old episodes because I'm say, you know, in a good place with Stossy now, But then I watch back the way that she was with me then, and I'm just like, you know, I don't like having those memories about you, Like I like this version of Stossy, you know, like the mom who our kids will play together and whatnot. And so I don't really enjoy going back and watching nix it just like it brings up old feelings and.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, bad memories, a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of past trauma and relationships that I'm like, Season six could just disappear from the face of the earth and I would not be sad. I never saw an episode from that season.
Speaker 1: Should I or should I not watch? Watch?
Speaker 2: It's really entertaining.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I'm gonna we're gonna watch just do it?
Speaker 2: Do it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right as well? Right like now or never? Let's do it now? Yeah, okay. And so I know that you went through different relationships and obviously for me, I went through a divorce in my first season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 1: It really is. Now that I look back, I'm like, what was I thinking, Like, I don't even know. I think I went into it just a little naive and thought I could hide it and like it was gonna be okay, And I thought I could just do that after the fact of filming. But no, no, no, You've got to show it all. Yeah, I got to show it all and so now you know, obviously I've been with Aaron for over a year, and so you might see him pop in soon. And it's like, how did you feel going through relationships on the show?
Speaker 2: I feel like by I mean like the second, third, fourth, it was like it was kind of all I knew. Once I joined the show. Shane and I had been together for a little over a year. We both decided this was something we wanted to do together, and so I only know reality TV is starting in a relationship. And then you know, we had five seasons together and then I went straight into another relationship. Would not recommend that to anyone. And then I had two single seasons, and I thought that was going to be so fun. I talk about this a bit in my book too, But when I was single, no one else was single, so it wasn't so fun. It was actually quite lonely. And one of those seasons I was also freezing my eggs. And so then we have what a year and a half off because of COVID, and we come back and I have yet again a new boyfriend and a baby. So I've really been through it all on this show since I was like twenty six it's crazy that now there is a vander pump Roules season twelve. It's just not following our lives anymore, especially myself, Katie and Sandoval, who have been on every single episode since the beginning.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: Mixed feelings. I'm feeling excited for the new kids at Serta, you know, get their shot and their opportunities and all of that, because I know what it did for all of us. But at the same time, it's weird when I've done that for so long and now I'm not. But I feel like the Valley is such a better fit and makes more sense. But it is weird that, you know, this huge part of my life is over, but it's not. It's just changing a little bit. And I felt like it was time to be honest.
Speaker 1: And it seems like everybody was in a completely different path, Like some people were getting divorced, some people were single, some people have kids. Like, yeah, you guys didn't have as much in common anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just was feeling a bit forced towards the end. It's like, this isn't who I would go on a trip with, you know, But when you're filming a show, Obviously you're not gonna go to Hawaii with your ex husband. But when you're filming a show, you go to Hawaii with your ex husband. So what I it's it's yeah, it's a crazy world that we're in. There's nothing normal about it. You know, to just put your lives on camera and then it's like, okay, you lived your life, but oh no, no, now you go to watch it back. Now you've got to have the whole world judge you. And it's even crazier now because when we started Instagram was just starting out. Twitter was already around, but that's kind of nice it was, and so now it's so different, you know, where it's like you can't post anything without a million people having opinions. The first few seasons, I miss the those days and when we actually all like had to work together to pay our bills. Like I genuinely miss working at the restaurant. Sometimes. I know that sounds crazy, but sir felt like a family. It was a really fun place to work. It was fun to sneak our sangria and go hide it in the bathroom and we were all pulling tips, so it was like we were a team.
Speaker 1: And that's what you do when you're in your twenties. You're struggling back, you're trying to make it.
Speaker 2: I remember some of the girls would smuggle rolls of toilet paper in their purse because they couldn't afford toilet paper at home. Like we were Baroke when the show started splitting like a five dollars foot long and stealing toilet paper. And look at you, now, I didn't steal the toilet paper.
Speaker 1: You have multiple houses. Yes, you bought a house a year ago in the valley.
Speaker 2: That you sold me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, you were And I say this, You're the best client I've ever worked with. And I learn a lot about people every day because I had to deal with them. And like, you're making such a big decision in your life to purchase the house, and so there can be a lot of emotions, but you were very like clear decide, like this is what I like. Yeah, you walked in and you fell in love.
Speaker 2: We just knew it. Like the first house that we looked at from the outside esthetically was more my vibe. I loved the backyard, the adu, the long driveway, all of that. I was like, this is what I pictured my LA house to look like. But then when we got inside, I'm like, this is kind of funky, Like there was no actual laundry room, there was no pantry. The rooms were really small and weird, and I'm like, but then there's this massive attic, which I loved. It was so not la I'm like, wait, this is cool. But the second we walked into my current house, you walked in first. I remember I was parking my car and you came out and you were just like the bones of this house. Like you're like, you're you're gonna love it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I fell in love with house, but I like to get your opinion first, Like I don't want to, you know, push you towards one way or the other. But I walked in, I was like, this is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very similar set up to Britney's house. It's kind of similar to what Katie and Schwartz's house used to be. And I always loved their houses. And right when I walked in, it was just so open. I loved how the staircase and all that, just like the openness of it. Yes, but the thing that like sold me right away where the plantation shutters. Because my house that I had in San Diego had those and I just loved that. And so right when I walked in, I was like, oh my gosh, every window has these. Yeah, and the kitchen island, I still haven't done it yet. I haven't even done a house simaren party. I've lived in there for over a.
Speaker 1: Year now, but you have pizza parties, have everything.
Speaker 2: No, totally, but when I saw the kitchen island, I was like, the shark hooterie we could do on this, which I still haven't done anything to do, but I love it. It's great, it's home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were incredible. You were It was like easy and smooth. What made you pick us as an agent?
Speaker 2: I love hanging out with you and you're one of my favorite people. And I was like, look, if I'm gonna be doing walk through inspections any of that, like, I want it to be with someone who's energy I really like. And so it was easy. And then I mean with you came Jresse, which whatever, but you know, and I.
Speaker 1: Remember you were like I have a lot of agent friends, but I want to work with you, and like I really appreciate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I just love you. We hit it off in Vegas. We've been close ever since, and I was like, there's no one else I want to sell me my house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I've never had inspections where you're like, bring Isabella and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring the kids. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we've really gotten close in the last couple years, I think, especially because of the girls, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're like exactly a year apart. But Summer is so good with older girls, and she picks up from them and learns from them. And Isabella's so great with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she always wanted it or she wants to baby sister, so she likes little kids, and their energy together matches really well. I mean they have their little moments for a second, but overall they're really good. Yeah, they're with each other.
Speaker 2: Four and five years old, all though they're going on fourteen and fifteen.
Speaker 1: What I can't stop picturing, which I'm like, Shina, you are so OCD. I didn't even know this about you. Yeah, you have Summer's room and then you have a playroom and it's perfect, and oh it's always immaculate, perfect. Yeah, And I'm so confused because Isabella's I think more like me. I'm kind of messy. I have to work on it all the time, and she like she's done with the toy, she just throws it and after thirty minutes in her room, like he would have a heart attack to look at what her room looks like. I'm trying to teach her, but actually I love going to your house because I was like, this is how it's done, and you're actually like a positive role model and summer just like how you guys are, but you're in incredibly clean.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That was the thing with and nothing against this. It's how I used to live in my condo. But buying a new house, I was like, I don't want to walk in the door and it to look like a toddler lives here. Let's keep that stuff separate because in my condo, which most people's houses are like this, you walk in, you've got like, you know, the playpen or like the area for the toys.
Speaker 1: And all of that, and with all the different colors, yes.
Speaker 2: The primary colors, I can't so esthetically I'm like, okay, I want a lot of white, which is crazy because I have a black cat and a toddler. So yeah, I really just wanted it to look pretty and keep all the stuff upstairs. And it worked out that right under our stairs, there's that little storage like nook room that we keep all of our stuff in there. That room is a disaster. Just so you know, my mom asked me today, she was like, have you cleaned up her butterfly room yet? And I was like, no, I don't think so. I don't know. I haven't been in there in the last few days. And she's like, Shina, I'm like, not a priority.
Speaker 1: So you're like this with everything or just your home.
Speaker 2: I try to be like it with everything. If you saw my car right now, it's an absolute disaster.
Speaker 1: Just so, speaking of the girls, I always smile at you because back then she was just like a lot of work for me and she didn't get a lot of sleep, and I was just tired all the time. And I'm like, I'm good with one kid, and I felt like you and I were always on that same.
Speaker 2: Same one and done like, don't even try to convince me.
Speaker 1: And everybody else is like I'm on three four kids, And we would just look at each other like that seemed miserable, very hard. Yeah, yeah, but what about now?
Speaker 2: So we have taken one baby step or I mean, honestly, it's kind of a big step for me. But we got rock sperm tested, and we have He picked up my frozen eggs last week from the old facility and transported them to my doctor's new facility. Okay, that's as far as we've gotten, because I worry now that we've gotten his sperm tested and we found out that it's just like five star, top notch, best the doctor's ever seen.
Speaker 1: It's a plus plus, so annoying. He'll get you pregnant just looking at you.
Speaker 2: He did twice, and so knowing that now, I worry if we fertilize all sixteen eggs, what if we have like three or more perfect embryos, I could potentially, in a year or two be convinced to do twins, to put two in a surrogate and see what happens. Okay, however, if there are three or more, like, how am I gonna pick one or two? If they're like, oh, there's two boys and one girl or two girls one boy, then I'm gonna pick one over the other. Like that's where for me and my OCD, I'm like, I'm not there yet mentally. So my doctor was like, how about we do this? We just do five eggs at a time, He's like, obviously I would recommend doing them all at once, but if you would feel better about that, what are the chances that we even get more than one out of five? You know, it's like some of them won't even survive the thin process. And then once you fertilize genetically test all of that, if we go out of five, I think that's a better shot, and then maybe none of those are good. Then we do the next five, and then we do the last six.
Speaker 1: But okay, so I have a lot of eggs.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, which honestly isn't a lot. I did two rounds of egg freezing. I got nine the first time and seven the second time.
Speaker 1: You're teaching me because I don't know anything about this.
Speaker 2: I didn't either until I did it, and then I was literally getting ready to do a third round because I just wanted to have as many as possible because my AMH levels, which is like your hormone level, were really low. So normally for my age at the time I think I was thirty two thirty three should have been between one point four and four point two, and I was at zero point two six. Okay, so basically, the chance of getting pregnant naturally was going to be close to him. Pop possible, but not impossible because after six seven months of not not trying, but after I met Brock and we're in the pandemic and you know, there's not much else to do. Yeah, I got pregnant. And the doctor told me it was probably from freezing my egg twice the year before that. That kind of woke up my.
Speaker 1: Body, so you were surprised.
Speaker 2: I was so shocked. I remembered the moment where Brock was in San Diego at the gym. We're on FaceTime. I'm in the bathroom and I was like, hold on, I'll be right back. I'm just gonna pee on this really quick. And he was like, what, you're being so casual about this. I'm like, dude, I've peed on like twenty of these in the past. It's never been I'm like, just for my sanity, so I can like go have a white claw and smoke some weed. Like I'm just gonna make sure. And so I do it. I pee on it and I'm like staring at it. That's how you find literally, and he's like what and I'm like, uh, oh my god. And it has like the two lines or whatever it was, and I was just like, there's there's no effine way, there's no way. I was in pure shock because I didn't think that I could even get pregnant, and I've never had a pregnant a positive pregnancy test, and so I went back to the store and like got a different brand, the one that says pregnant, not pregnant. So I'm like, maybe the lines are yeah, whatever, pregnant. It's like, oh my god. Then the next day I make an appointment to go get my blood work done just to like make sure pregnant.
Speaker 1: And then then you believed it.
Speaker 2: Then I believed it, and then sadly, a few weeks later, I have a miscarriage. So it was just so many emotions where and hormones and everything where it's like I didn't think I could get pregnant, then I'm pregnant, now I'm not pregnant, and it just so quickly this all happened. It didn't pass on its own, so I had to have the DNC procedure, which was the most painful thing I've ever gone to physically and emotionally. And after that, my doctor was like, you know, the best chance you're going to have this procedure also wakes up your body in a different way. He goes try again in one month, have one ovulation cycle, and then try again. And I'm like, first of all, I've only known this guy for like seven months. We're in a pandemic. Neither of us really have a job right now, Like we should not be trying to actively have a baby. So I told Brock. I was like, you know, I was gonna freeze eggs. We even that early in our relationship talked about making embryos because I'm like, we already have my eggs, so if things don't work out, then we don't use those. And now I just feel differently about that too. But after I went through that, I told Brock when it was that time I had just ovulated, I'm like, hey, just so you know, this is the week, like we either gotta be very careful don't have sex because it's very likely I could get pregnant. We had just moved into San Diego. We wake up, it's a beautiful day. The waves are crashing, the sun is shining. We christen the house.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm here, I'm in the moment. I love this.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful day, and all of a sudden he was like wait. I was like, you just got me pregnant, didn't you. And He's like no, there's no way. And I'm like, okay, well let's just say you did. I'm minutes pregnant. Let's go across the street to like our favorite sushi place. We had sushi, we had a couple of sake bombs. I took a hit a weed and I was like, now I'm just gonna pretend like I'm pregnant. I'm gonna just tell myself that. And so then for three weeks until I had the test that said pregnant again.
Speaker 1: If you were already in your mind, thatt Hour's pregnant, yes, like you got me pregnant this you manifested this, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And we were getting ready a few weeks later to go to Sedona for my sister's birthday, and I was like, I can't go until I know, because we're gonna be off roading, we're gonna be mountain climbing, doing all of these things that I probably shouldn't do if I'm pregnant. And the day before we left, I took a test and it was like as early as it could be detected, and it said I was pregnant. Wow. So it was just crazy because I was like I knew it that one time and from then on, but like those three weeks it was such a mindful because I'm like, I'm treating my body as if I'm pregnant. I'm not drinking, I'm not smoking, I'm not eating cheese, sushi anything. It was a couple hours after went and got the sushi and I'm like, there's no way, Like I'm okay if it's a few hours. But I was so psychotic my entire pregnancy because COVID first of all, but also just having a miscarriage. I was so afraid of everything. I was afraid of everyone and everything. I'm like, who my friends were hanging out with. I'm like, if you're gonna be hanging out with that person, then you're not coming this weekend, or you have to test before wow. Because I was just worried that anything was gonna kill my baby. I had to get on progesterone just to have her survive because my levels were still not high enough.
Speaker 1: I actually thought because my sister went through something very similar and I watched her for you know a decade have so many issues that I actually thought like it would be very hard for me, but that luckily, like that was one of the easiest things I had to go through. I feel like I've had so many difficult teas in life, but like, actually getting pregnant was the easiest thing. It was a one time try. Yeah, we were going on a trip to Italy and I was like, hey, I think it's time. We've been married for almost a year, like, let's do it. We did it one time, and I got pregnant boom. And I had no problems during my pregnancy and it was just like same, yeah, really good. Other than back pain, I didn't get sick, and I had We had a healthy baby, beautiful baby girl.
Speaker 2: She's perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so it's summer.
Speaker 2: The worst thing in my pregnancy, I just had acid reflux. I had like really gnarly like I would wake up in the middle of the night and I'm like, oh, it was like right here.
Speaker 1: Especially when you're nine months pregnant. Yeah, yeah, but so you might do it again.
Speaker 2: I yes, I might have someone else carry the baby for me, because now that I am turning forty, as we've said, I got help syndrome. After I had her like postpartum immediately they had to transfer me to the high risk I see. It was really scary, so a high chance of miscarriage and help syndrome again if I were to try and get pregnant in my forties, and I just don't want to take that chance. I don't want to have to have a c section, deliver early, worry that the baby's lungs aren't fully developed, worry that I'm going to have another pregnancy loss. They are just too many things that could go wrong that I'm not willing to chance. So we would have to go a surrogate route just to be extra safe. But it's crazy because in twenty eighteen, I did Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry and I was thinking about freezing my eggs around then, and anytime I had a psychic reading, I would always ask like, what do you see future love interest babies? Da, da da, And he said he saw me having a child in an unconventional and I was like, that's crazy you say that because I was thinking about freezing my eggs right now, and he was like, you should do that, and he's like, I don't know, like exactly what the path is. But that's just one thing I see, and who would know that. You know, I would have a natural pregnancy but then have to go an unconventional route the second round.
Speaker 1: I'm a true believer in psychics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, we talked about that. Yeah, I want to set you up with one of mine.
Speaker 1: I would love that little more than anything. Yeah, especially now. Yes, I want to know so much about my future. I am now open to the idea of having another child in the future, not now. It's not the time that I feel like once everything settles totally and you were one and done with him, I was, Yeah, I was. I couldn't imagine. And he actually, Jesse really wanted a second child, and he used to push me and push me, and at the same time we were fighting a lot. So my mom that was like her one advice. She was like, do whatever you want to me. She's like, do not have a second child, and you like, just promise me that because he wants to trap you even more and it's going to be more difficult, So do not have it until you guys are in a healthy, better relationship. And so even though like at the time, I wanted Isabella to have a sibling. I just didn't feel that it was the right time for me or with the right person again, which sounds odd to say, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you knew, and thankfully you didn't have another with him, you know, And now you can have another with the right person.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm so excited, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Mind a big gap, to be honest. My sister and are twelve years apart, and we're so close.
Speaker 1: I it's funny because my brother's twelve years older and my sister is nine years older, and I love it and I'm so close to them. But like, even now, I just worry about Isabella because she wants to play with somebody now. But it isn't a big deal.
Speaker 2: Over to play with summer. You have friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it isn't a big deal all. Yeah, And I think it'll be easier for me because she'll be however old, seventy eighty nine. She can help me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Holy try and plan it around the same time.
Speaker 1: Imagine. I would love that, right, And I don't see anything wrong with having a how do you call it surrogate? Yeah, not at all, especially if you have health issues. I know a lot of people who've done that, and I think that's amazing, like having children, totally funny. I just saw an interesting article about Seth Rogan and he was in the studio with his co star Catherine Hahn, and he was talking about how much he loves vander Pump Rules, and he was saying he really emphasizes with Sheena the most. I think out of everyone on the show, Sina's made some bad mistakes over the years. She's chosen the wrong guy a number of times. She just had things publicly perhaps she shouldn't have said. She's maybe said some things about her friends that she wishes she could take back publicly. I do think ultimately Sheena's heart is in the right place, and that is out of all of the people on the show, something to be said. And so I like Sheena, Oh my god, Lady Gaga and Seth Brogan, Oh my god, I'm on, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny is the other day on Saturday, I was at PINNs the bowling Alley, Yeah, and we were there for a school birthday party and this woman, oh my god, I can't even remember her name, she comes up to me in the arcade and she's one of Seth's best friends, and she tried to FaceTime his wife because she's like, oh my god, I want to surprise him with you. And then I was like, well, I'll be here for a while, so if you get a hold of them, like come back and find me. And she never did.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Yeah, how does that feel to have like Lady Gaga and a lister want to hang out with you and is so excited to be with you.
Speaker 2: Still can't get over it, to be honest, like, I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I can't get o'bella. I cannot believe that.
Speaker 2: No, So Seth I met, Oh my gosh, when was this? It was probably ten years ago. It was like twenty fifteen. I think we did a little spoof thing together. It was vander pump Rules Meets the Night Before. It was a movie that he did then, and there were four of the cast members who came as if they were going to like apply it, sir, and we filmed this whole thing. It was me, JACKX, Kristen and Peter and then the forecast from the movie. And there's a part where Seth and I are literally singing the theme song together, like as a ballad. Oh, it was so fun, Like I will just go back and watch that randomly. That was one of the most amazing things that I've ever done. That had to do with vandr Pump Rules because Seth Rogan has been one of my favorites forever. It's so funny and to get to act with him, but as myself it was so fun so the fact that he said that I got to hit him up get into some Shnanians do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's ask you some questions. If you could trade lives with any other celebrity for a day, who would it be.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I would love to get into a Kardashian life for a day. I think Chloe Kardashian. Honestly, She's someone I want to start modeling my life around. Like, what's the word I'm looking for. I would say Chloe Kardashian because she gets up at like four or five am every day, works out, makes her kids lunch, takes them to school, still is a boss ass bitch, has a podcast, like does all of the things. But I just I love her work ethic and her commitment, and I feel like I need more of that in my life. So I kind of want to go into summer's next school year, modeling it around, like what would Chloe, do you know? I want to get up early. I want to start are working out at the beginning of my day because once it's noon one, two pm, it's like I still have to work out and it's so hard, whereas if you just do it right when you wake up. So I think I would like to be in her shoes for a day to see, like, how the f do you actually do that? Because it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's just say, hey, Chloe Kardashian, if you're hearing this, let's hang out. Yes, As a mom with a busy schedule, what are your go to self care routines to keep your mental health in check?
Speaker 2: Ooh, go to? I do love getting a facial me too. Our girl Kayla is incredible. So that's definitely a self care thing I like to do.
Speaker 1: I did one yesterday. Yeah, I really need it.
Speaker 2: Looks so good.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's like two things in one. It's like I get really nice skin and it's like very good for my mental health.
Speaker 2: Yes, and every time I go to Palm Springs, I have this incredible person who comes over to give me a massage. She stretches me out, and that's just like.
Speaker 1: And I have somebody that always comes to my my house, and I'm like, it's perfect. I get a massage right before Ben and it's just so relaxing. Yeah, we're very spaw girls, I know, totally.
Speaker 2: Really, that's what I'm thinking. I wanted, like, if we'll do a party on my actual birthday and then a spa day the next day to just with a.
Speaker 1: Psychic Yes, ooh wait, I love that me too.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I've been hearing and reading a lot about Lisa vander Pump recently expressing how you know, she doesn't talk to everybody in the cast, and some people should be grateful for her because she created a lot of people's careers and whatnot.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of us had careers, we were already on the path to achieving. But also I think it's a two way street, you know. I mean, vander Pump Rules was so successful not just because of Lisa Vanderpump. It was because of an incredible cast from the first season who people really resonated with and wanted to follow our journey. So, I mean, I'm incredibly grateful to Bravo, you know, for giving me this opportunity and for seeing something in me for eleven seasons as a story to tell, and now that story continuing on the Valley. I will always be grateful to the network.
Speaker 1: Said, Yeah, well, I'm very excited because season two airs in just.
Speaker 2: A couple of days. Oh my gosh, I'm so excited. I'm bummed that I wasn't around the first couple of weeks because I was traveling and I missed some really fun parties. But I'm like, I can't wait to watch.
Speaker 1: But I literally had to call you and text you all the time. I'm like, this happened, and this happened, and yeah again, You've just been like so supportive, especially because like this is kind of new to me, and just I was dealing with a lot and I feel like having that support. Dealing with you know, different personalities and difficult people can be very stressful at times, and just to have you by my side has been amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I love you. I ride or die for you. I am always Team Michelle and no one can change that.
Speaker 1: Oh I love you too.
Speaker 2: I love you. Thanks