Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to your Saturday show.
Speaker 2: It's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning, and I was just looking at our stats. Not to start with something boring like stats.
Speaker 3: I don't give people's attention, but I thought it was so crazy that this Saturday double Classics episode that we're about to start right now, out of the last three months, has been five of the top ten most downloaded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys like the longer format, Like what do you like so much?
Speaker 4: Ye are just discovering us and then gotta go find the old stuff.
Speaker 1: Let us know. Are you here because the length is so great for you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just binging and catching up?
Speaker 2: Or or is it on mute and you don't even realize it's plain that's right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or is it a Saturday and you have nothing else and you're like, I guess this is what I'll do. We'll take all the truth. Let us know in the comments section because we love to read those.
Speaker 7: What do you see?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: One comment says my primary care physician recently ghosted me after I asked him to inject this podcast into my veins.
Speaker 1: No drop straight and right now, enjoy your back to back Classics.
Speaker 4: I heard something the other day where having a little bit of drama or mystery or danger even when you first meet someone isn't necessarily a bad thing. Okay, Alexis's past two boyfriends who are both on the No fly List.
Speaker 5: I think one conversation starter.
Speaker 4: Is that an aerosol can, liquid or gel and a container over three ounces in.
Speaker 5: Your pocket and are just happy to see.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, one of our listeners says she met a guy the other night who almost got her arrested, and her response.
Speaker 5: To that, I need to date that man.
Speaker 4: They're gonna find out what happened in your second date update right after this second date update broke. How many times have you been in a concert and thought, forget the band, I want to get backstage with that security.
Speaker 5: Guy, use that slash light.
Speaker 2: I did have a security guard usher me into a concert for free once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he like, let me jump in the van and go into the back.
Speaker 2: I guess really pathetic in the parking lot because my boyfriend left me there because he had a ticket and I did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you just had to be yourself basically, That's what one of our listeners says happened to her the other night. Her name is Claire and apparently she met a concert security guard. Claire, it's an honor and a privilege to have you on this morning show.
Speaker 6: Well, hi, good morning.
Speaker 5: Have a van for you to hop in as well.
Speaker 2: Every good security guard should have a van, you know.
Speaker 5: Tell us about the security guard. Who is he?
Speaker 6: And Kevin?
Speaker 2: Okay, did you meet him at a concert or is this just what he does for work?
Speaker 6: He was working and I was at the concert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay. Did he catch your eye immediately or how did that happen?
Speaker 6: Well, he came up to me actually to ask me to get off a chair.
Speaker 8: That I was on.
Speaker 5: I thought that was going to be some romantic line.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, but he did catch my eye. I thought he was really cute. I was kind of tipsy and probably being a little annoying, but I was like, you know, he was like, this is a safety hazard. I was like, I'm just trying to get a better of you.
Speaker 4: I'm sure, please, you're a safety hats.
Speaker 1: Him to lift you up so you could see. Is that what you just said?
Speaker 6: No, I should have that would have been good. I was like, let me stand here so I can see.
Speaker 5: So he asked you to get down from the chair.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So he eventually got me down. But I mean I thought he was pretty cute, and so I actually like took like a cocktail napkin and like wrote my number down on it. Oh my god, and I like put it in his shirt pocket and was like if you need to yell at me or like teach me any more about concert safety later, like me, I like putting.
Speaker 5: It in his shirt. That's like a little bit of like here you go.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yet I can't believe he actually called you, because I mean, like you're not cute or anything.
Speaker 1: But how many drunk people does he come across?
Speaker 5: And yeah, so he reached out.
Speaker 6: Yeah. The next day, actually he texted me and we were kind of laughing at it. I had saved him as concert police in my phone. That's what I was like, following him all night.
Speaker 1: Wait, you were drunk dialing him that night?
Speaker 6: No, just like at the show. I was like, okay, concert.
Speaker 5: Please, it's your cute pet name for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 5: And what did he call you? Annoying short girl?
Speaker 6: But you know, I apologize for whatever being drunk and how I acted. You know, we had a good laugh about it and then yeah, and so we eventually like decided to meet it for dinner and have like enough date.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, are you nervous? Are you like, oh, is he going to be as cute as I remember?
Speaker 6: I mean a little bit. You never know how it's going to be after.
Speaker 2: And it's like dark, the music's loud, you've been drinking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So where did you guys end up going for a date?
Speaker 8: We got?
Speaker 6: We got Italian, which is like my favorite, so perfect.
Speaker 1: What'd you think when you saw him?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I still thought he was cute, but I was like, oh, well, I wish you're wearing your security uniform because you look so cute on it, Like you look good in that, and I mean he laughed whatever, Like it was fine. We had it. It was a good We started off.
Speaker 5: Well, you sound like a really good flirter, so at least it sounds like you put the vibe out on your end for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I try good. So we ended up like we decided we just wanted to try a bunch of stuff that we just split a bunch of food on the menu, which was fun and like yeah, and the food was good. We were having a good time, like we were having fun.
Speaker 4: It's an Italian restaurant. So did you try the lady in the tramp move?
Speaker 5: Did you try to set up at least we did it.
Speaker 6: We actually did not do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got maybe the tour ado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, different things, but I mean besides the food, share of the food, Like, what were some of the highlights for you with him?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: We just stood drown and he told me about other drunk girls he's met at concerts. Made me feel better about myself. I was not worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't make the top five worst girls.
Speaker 6: So we're in the car thinkingness. Yeah, and it was going really well, but everything kind of changed at the end when the bill came. Why so Kevin noticed on it there were like some discrepancies, like some stuff on the bill. It didn't seem right. Yeah, we like split a salad, but then they charged those for two salads instead. So I mean it was justified, like he wasn't being like a total Karen, But you know, he has to talk to a manager and stuff about it, I assume. Yeah, so he had to go into the back and like talk to someone and it did take like a little while, like it was, you know, it's good like ten or fifteen minutes or so, that's kind of weird.
Speaker 5: I feel like, eat somebody up now.
Speaker 2: I mean, typically your server would just be like, oh my god, I'm so sorry, let me change.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, And so after that, like you just kind of change for the rest of the night. He just kind of fell off, like.
Speaker 1: It ruined his whole night.
Speaker 6: It kind of felt like it did, like he just didn't seem the same. And then after that he hasn't really been talking to me. At first, I was like, maybe he just felt like that was a weird ending, so he just wanted to give me a couple of days or he just felt weird about it. But that's been like over a week, and so I'm like, was there something else? Was there another issue I didn't know.
Speaker 1: About, Jeffery.
Speaker 2: You've been in a lot of back rooms at Italian restaurants. What goes down back there?
Speaker 5: Well, usually I'm paying extra for what.
Speaker 2: Off menu pinpoint the moment that everything changed.
Speaker 1: Right, But it doesn't sound like it's your fault. Whatever it is exactly, I mean, awkward on a date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So maybe he just left him with a bad taste and that's why he hasn't Maybe yea that.
Speaker 5: Were there any other weird moments from the date. Besides the not that I.
Speaker 6: Can think of, everything else was pretty normal. You know, I was having fun. I didn't really clock anything like. He didn't seem leird to me, but I don't know.
Speaker 9: His mood just.
Speaker 6: Totally changed after the bill problem.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna come back. We're gonna call Kevin for you, and we're gonna try and get you a second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: All right, heay, awesome, thank you.
Speaker 5: Second date update.
Speaker 4: Whenever we do these calls and there's a problem with the bill, usually that's an issue over who should pay right, does the guy handle it? Should the girl offer? Which exit door? Should we dine and dash out of? Those are the types of things that go through your mind. But with Claire and her date, Kevin, they had a different problem. They noticed that they were getting overcharged on their bill and that's why Kevin went to the back to talk to a manager about it for a while. A few minutes, and while Claire thought that was totally justified, kind of ruined his mood for the rest of the night, and that could be why he hasn't reached out out yet for another date.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's mad that they didn't give him a free dessert.
Speaker 2: I mean usually when they mess up the bill, you get a free dessert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Is that right, Claire? No, no free dessert at the Italian Place.
Speaker 6: No free dessert.
Speaker 1: I got to hear the bottom of it.
Speaker 5: We don't even need to call him.
Speaker 4: Or maybe he found an even small or even more obnoxious girl at another concert that he was doing security yet, and that's his type. He wants his Thumblellina.
Speaker 2: Who has a stand on the tallest chair to see anything. Yeah, I mean I feel you, though. Concerts suck for short people.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's got to be some sort of logical explanation for this.
Speaker 5: We're gonna call him right now. You're ready to do this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm ready?
Speaker 5: All right, here we go.
Speaker 8: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hey is this Kevin?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is sorry.
Speaker 4: Did I catch you in the bathroom or something? It's a little bit echoey.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I was actually cooking something.
Speaker 5: But that's that's fine. Interesting what you're cooking.
Speaker 7: I'm making some pastah.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a nice morning pasta.
Speaker 8: I love Italian It's the prep for work.
Speaker 1: So you are so friendly.
Speaker 2: I don't know that we've ever just launched into a full conversation with somebody.
Speaker 5: You haven't even asked who we are yet, you know we're a radio. I feel like he's gonnavite us over before.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're doing a segment called a second Date Update where we're trying to help out one of our listeners you took out to actually an Italian place the other night, named Claire.
Speaker 8: Claire brings a bell. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Didn't you have a really nice night with her? Because her descriptions sound like you guys really connected.
Speaker 7: Well, if I'm not mistaking it, this is a girl that I met at the concert because I work as a security at some concerts and I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. It sounds like you're going out with a lot of different women. If you can't tell which is I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm single, so I'm dating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Claire's the one that kept calling you concert police like apparently that was her, like funny nickname for you.
Speaker 4: I mean it is my job, okay, Well, our job is to call people like you and try to figure out why you're not going out with some of our listeners.
Speaker 5: That's what Claire is wondering.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, so if I'm not mistaken, I remember we went out to dinner.
Speaker 5: We went and then had it Tobby in and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, you don't have to run us through the whole story. We've actually heard it before.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Then I think if we just need the part where like you're not calling her back anymore and she's confused because it seems like you guys had a good connection.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, I'm trying to reek up a little bit. So I remember that when the bill came, I went to the backstock to the manager, and then when I'm coming back, I see something weird.
Speaker 7: You know how they put their olive oil kind of.
Speaker 5: Dishes, Yeah, for your bread.
Speaker 7: So she was putting her fingers inside the bowl and rubbing the olive oil on.
Speaker 2: Her on her Okay, so if she was dipping her fingers in it and then rubbing it against her shirt and then a little bit on like on her belly, and then.
Speaker 1: What wait are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You saw Claire or just some random woman in the restaurant rubbing olive oil all over herself.
Speaker 7: I saw clear.
Speaker 8: I mean I thought from a bar.
Speaker 2: I saw from a bar that would stain her shirt one that wor yeah, what she was going inside her shirt? I mean, honestly, the only thing I could see is like if you have like dry skin with crack knuckles.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Kevin, You're you're saying that a girl rubbing oil all over herself is a bad thing, because I think most guys would be into that.
Speaker 7: I didn't say it was bad. I thought it was weird. I don't know what she thought that was going to happen afterwards. I don't know if she thought that was like an upper dsiak or something.
Speaker 5: No, why wouldn't you ask her? If you think you.
Speaker 1: Saw that, she deserves the right to explain.
Speaker 7: Ask you how do you bring that up to a girl?
Speaker 8: You know, sit down and after like why are.
Speaker 4: You rubbing oil by taking your shirt off and being like a ply right here man?
Speaker 5: Or you just going to kiss her neck and go ooh? Is that a little bit of Islamic Vinegretta.
Speaker 8: I didn't want to sound like a creep, because you know how girls are always you know that's.
Speaker 5: True, Okay, I was watching you from across the restaurant. Yeah, was that oil?
Speaker 1: I think like, what were you doing with the oil? Is a fair.
Speaker 4: Question, And I can understand if you were uncomfortable asking her in the moment, But now that it's been a while, you can ask her over the phone because she's actually been listening on the other line this entire time, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Yeah you period, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 5: Possibly rubbing herself down, Claire.
Speaker 8: You there?
Speaker 6: Hi, Kevin?
Speaker 8: Oh God hate.
Speaker 5: In all seriousness, I doubt she was even doing that. But Claire, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oil slip Claire over here?
Speaker 5: Maybe? Yeah, Clara, what was going on? Okay, what was going on? What were you?
Speaker 8: Were you actually rubbing the oil?
Speaker 6: First of all, I had no idea you saw that.
Speaker 1: So you do know what he's talking about?
Speaker 9: Yeah, please explain in very very what's a thing?
Speaker 6: There's just so oil, like you rub it on your chest that helps keep everything perky, like I don't want saggy breast when I'm older. Like admittedly, like it's a TikTok hack I've adopted, but I mean like it's a thing, like it's the blood flog. It keeps you moisturized iant, not.
Speaker 7: Like would you do that?
Speaker 6: It's totally normal.
Speaker 2: There you're at a restaurant, girl, You're not putting your hand down your bread in the oil before your feet.
Speaker 6: It wasn't like I was pouring the bottle on me.
Speaker 2: I just been laughing a little like, Okay, I have face all of oil before, but like it's from a beauty brand, it's not.
Speaker 5: I don't meant for that.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like refined.
Speaker 2: I would assume the different way, or at least I pay for it as if it's refined.
Speaker 5: Claire, You're going to have to excuse Brook.
Speaker 4: This is the part of the show where she tells our listeners how to live their lives.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's normal for her to stick her hands up?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's normal. People do their own things, their own different ways. They try beauty as they do and don't work.
Speaker 7: Can I ask a question now, Yeah, yeah, of course, going there. I mean, now that you explained it, I actually really liked to and I'm sorry for not calling back go out with me again on a second day, she said.
Speaker 1: Perky, And now the guy's.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, Claire, did this whole experience change your mind with him not communicating with you earlier?
Speaker 6: I mean maybe, yeah, a little like I thought we were having a good time I'm an open person, obviously.
Speaker 5: Like obviously, yeah.
Speaker 6: I would have talked to him about it if he had asked me about a moment, like I'm not embarrassed about it, but now I think it's a little weird. He's coming around.
Speaker 2: Come on, Claire, if the tables were turned and you you're walking to the table and you see some dude putting oil on his body, you would be a little man we use butter Okay.
Speaker 6: I would have said something though, like he didn't do that, Like I would have confronted. I would have asked a question.
Speaker 1: I can see that. I can see that I.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't just stopped communicating.
Speaker 7: It was the first state, And I don't know if you would have been okay with that or not.
Speaker 8: So now I know maybe on a second day we could fix.
Speaker 5: Oh oh he wants to be the one to apply the oil onto you?
Speaker 8: He Oh?
Speaker 1: That is that the meaning you too?
Speaker 5: Well, that's what I'm visualizing right now.
Speaker 6: It's getting weird. You're making it weird. It says ollive oil. It's TikTok hak.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: Well, at this point, Claire, Kevin has already said yes to another day. He apologize for not being more communicative. And third, you don't even have to pay for this next one because it's on us.
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean I can get from the visuals. I get that it was kind of weird and how some people might not want to approach that. Yeah, I'll give you a second chance. Let's want to Italian.
Speaker 1: Then, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He did say that there's a lot of concert girls, so you just got to get in line first, Claire, if you oil yourself up, you can slide faster to the front of the line.
Speaker 5: SEC's tackling you.
Speaker 2: Then Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: And that usually never happens, where even before I offer to pay for the date, the guy is jumping in ready to go out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: It was almost like a light bulb went off in his head and he's like, what am I thinking?
Speaker 1: Because I'm grubbing oil on her body to make it perky.
Speaker 4: I can't those two words in combination, oil and perky put together. That's an instant like, yes, it makes me oily and perky.
Speaker 2: I just hope that nobody ate any more bread after it's just so unsanitary.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, from the same container they change him out in between people righte like.
Speaker 2: Her day had been like eating bread and dipping it with the crumbs on her.
Speaker 4: I was curious, as my codes are going to be adopting that beauty hat coming up here.
Speaker 5: No, not you broke. I don't care about your motor oil. I'll rub it everywhere this day.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's just going to come to her greasy.
Speaker 5: I'm glad we were able to get him to go out there. We go greasy and perky.
Speaker 4: Remember if you want to get greasy and perky, try listening to our second date updates.
Speaker 5: That'll be the trip. You can find all of them up on our podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: When you hear somebody got kicked out of a bar, you would assume it's for fighting or disorderly conduct or passive aggressive licking.
Speaker 1: Or I was gonna say, just going with alexis yeah a few times on the floor.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: One of our listeners says both her and her date were asked to leave a bar trivia night over the most ridiculous reason, and it only bonded them closer.
Speaker 5: Did they bring their own bows?
Speaker 4: Question is, how did she end up here asking for our help. You're gonna find out in a second date update right after this second date up date.
Speaker 5: Broke out. Of all the men that you've lured and seduced, how.
Speaker 4: Many of them have gotten up and walked away mid hookup?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Or did they all suffer through it to the bitter end?
Speaker 1: No, they all suffered through it.
Speaker 2: One did dump me right after midnight on New Year's Eve. Oh that one hurt because I was too drunk to drive home, so I had to sleep on the couch until the next morning, which is embarrassing because he lived also with his brother.
Speaker 1: It was just it was embarrassing responsible. Yeah, we woke up, We didn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is way too much information and too deep of a dive into brooks sad past. So I only was asking because our listener today Lynn, He said in her email, she's feeling confused after her date ended awkwardly just as things were starting to heat up romantically.
Speaker 1: And I bet she feels better after hearing my pathetic story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably, Lindsay, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Hi, how do you feel better? But also like, oh gosh, this is so weird and I'm embarrassing and confusing.
Speaker 2: Well, don't feel bad about it, all the words people love to use in dating.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, And after we hear your story, I'm sure Brooke will share some of her real life advice then probably even have some video evidence of guys sprinting away from her house, so that way you'll feel really good about yourself. Now, tell us about this guy that you hung out with the other day.
Speaker 9: Okay, so I met this guy on a dating app. His name is Damon, and we totally hit it off on our banter. He had a great sense of humor and I was really happy because we didn't text for like a crazy amount of time. It was just like, okay, why don't we meet up? And we ended up meeting at a bar, just a simple like a drink at a bar. It was it was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this all sounds fantastic. What was it like when you first saw him?
Speaker 5: It was good.
Speaker 9: He looked like his pictures. And then it was actually kind of fun because literally, like fifteen minutes after we get to this barth starts handing us whiteboards and dry erasers and it turns out that it was trivia night.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my white style.
Speaker 5: That I actually had. That happened to me once.
Speaker 4: Me and my buddies were at a bar and all of a sudden, like people cart to cover with pencils.
Speaker 1: And we're like, no, I feel like that's how I've ended up every turn the bar really busy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, well we decided to stay. I mean I in my mind I was like, oh, this is kind of a nice little like icebreaker. Something was fun to do. And then it turned out that the questions were very hard. They always yeah, where we drew the line, it was like the square root of sixteen, and both of us were like, we're so horrible at math.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember.
Speaker 5: It's pretty fay man.
Speaker 2: I mean, not did math shame you? But at least you guys are on the same page.
Speaker 5: I said, just stick to relationships shaming her, so keep going.
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 9: We were on the same page because neither of us knew it, so instead we just drew a square around the number.
Speaker 5: Well did they accept that as a correct answer? That's funny.
Speaker 9: Now, not only did they not accept it, they took our whiteboards away because they thought we weren't taking it seriously.
Speaker 1: You got trivia shame, but you guys were being silly.
Speaker 5: You were having fun, were they?
Speaker 1: And you got kicked out way better than up on a date with someone who takes trivia too serious. So where'd you guys go after that? Well?
Speaker 9: Yes, then obviously we had to pivot a little bit, and he very casually basically said, well, look, I live really close to Hear If you want, you could just come to my place and maybe we can just watch a movie or something.
Speaker 1: Did he wink when he said movie?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: But I would that have worked on you Brook?
Speaker 2: No, but everybody Okay, okay, honest more questions. That was on me.
Speaker 9: Okay, So yeah, we get to his place. We watch a movie. It was some action movie that I don't even remember the name. I don't know. I had a couple of drinks and then I was really feeling it, so I actually initiated things.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's your move to go in for it?
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, I mean.
Speaker 5: Just throw yourself out.
Speaker 1: I think she probably just kissed him. I think that that's all.
Speaker 5: Women don't really need to move.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, I was just we were just okay, we were just kissing.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, yeah, we're looking for advice.
Speaker 9: Anyway, things did start heating up and then the second that they got a little bit hotter, his mood completely changed and things just sort of stopped.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Do you know why at all?
Speaker 9: No idea, so much so that I asked him like, hey, are you okay? Is everything okay? He's like, yeah, yeah, everything's fine, and.
Speaker 5: Then he started crying that was that just me? Postok up?
Speaker 2: Honestly, the first thing that comes to my mind is that he's cheating, honestly.
Speaker 4: Like, you're saying that he felt guilty mid act, and so do you give him credit for at least stopping No.
Speaker 2: I was thinking he was ready, like if I don't shave my legs, and then like something you know stops you.
Speaker 1: No, But I think about it, lindsay.
Speaker 4: Did you get that vibe from Damon that maybe he felt guilty about another woman?
Speaker 9: To be honest, I didn't even think about that. His place didn't give me the vibe that there was someone else like living there with him, So I don't know at that point I could tell something shifted. I don't know. He's like, oh, it's fine. I'm thinking in my head like fine, what I mean you have a girl like making out with you? Like and thinks are going so great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so that was was at the end of the night.
Speaker 9: Then, Yeah, I basically just finished my drink and I left. And now ever since then, I haven't heard from him, and I don't I don't want to seem like the needy one to be texting him.
Speaker 4: No, let us be the needy ones that are calling him on the radio. Yeah, we'll take all the blame for you. When we come back, We'll call Damon and try and get you a second date update and finish what you two started on the couch that night right here on the radio.
Speaker 9: Thanks. I mean, it sounds kind of weird the way you say it, but okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, we promise not to listen hold on what second date update?
Speaker 4: Two dummies walk into a bar on trivia night sounds like the setup to a joke, But it's what actually happened, and I'm not the one calling them, He's Lindsay said herself. The trivia that night was just way too hard, so hard that they decided to ditch the bar and went back to Damon's place instead.
Speaker 2: There's definitely some math teachers listening that are shaming you on the text part.
Speaker 4: The square rod of sixteen that is a hard one, I think, But just when things were about to get hot and heavy, Damon put the brakes on and that's where things kind of ended awkwardly, which is the big mystery. We still don't know why he did that. It's been floated around that maybe he could be a cheater and felt really guilty halfway through.
Speaker 1: Because they are starting the kissing, and.
Speaker 4: Maybe he forgot to hit record on the camera and decided it wasn't worth going through with it. I'm just saying it's happened.
Speaker 5: To me before. But our goal today is figure this out.
Speaker 4: Why did he stop it so that she can either get another day or at least get closure on what happened that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the thing is, lindsay, you sound really hopeful about this guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I really really liked him. We had a great time on it. To be honest with you, before that happened. That was probably one of the best first states I've had.
Speaker 1: Like, truly, we gotta get we gotta fix it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I'm like really kind of running in through my mind about what you said about him to your fine.
Speaker 4: I'm sure whatever the real reason is ten times worse than whatever you're thinking.
Speaker 5: It's always good to overthink.
Speaker 1: Poor girl's anxiety.
Speaker 4: So I know you're joking, but it's still well, let's get an answer or put you out of your misery, whatever it is. I'm gonna go out of his phone number right now, so hopefully he picks up. Here we go, all right, Hello, Hey, we're looking to talk with Damon.
Speaker 8: Yeah, who was this?
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, we're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 8: What's up calling me for a radio show? What's up?
Speaker 4: Because yeah, we're We do a segment on our show. It's the second Date Update, and that's where we try to help out listeners who've gone out with someone recently. They had a really good time, but they aren't getting that second meet up, and this woman is trying to figure out why that happened.
Speaker 1: Do you have any ideas who we're referring to.
Speaker 8: I don't really play games with the radio or nothing like that, but I have no clue what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: It's not a game.
Speaker 5: We do have.
Speaker 4: We do have segments where we do games, and we can have you on for that later if you'd lie.
Speaker 1: He doesn't do it. No, I don't think he's good at trivia. I remember square root of sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we heard that trivias and your strong thing. But this is more just about helping out our listener, Lindsey. Uh, okay, Yeah, So she called us and she told us about your guys' hangout the other night.
Speaker 1: And sounds awesome. It sounds like it was a great night.
Speaker 5: You guys get kicked out of a bar together. That's like a bonding experience.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean we hung out. I mean I don't know everything that she told you, but I mean we.
Speaker 5: Heard about the bar trivia.
Speaker 4: She said that you were one of the funniest guys that she's been out with in a long time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But afterwards she left your place having kind of more questions in her mind than answers.
Speaker 8: Oh really I got questions too, right O.
Speaker 1: You too? That's interesting.
Speaker 5: I don't really hear that.
Speaker 1: Okay, she was really into you.
Speaker 8: Well, we had fun playing trivia and all that, but she started kissing me. You know, we were watching a movie and she started kissing on me, like doing one of the best scenes. Bad Boys, The.
Speaker 1: Original Bad Boys, the Will Smith Original.
Speaker 8: The Original Bad Boys. Okay, it was the first movie it was the first movie there were two black lead actors in Hollywood. Thought it would never work, and it was one of the best.
Speaker 1: It's a great joy. But you were watching a movie to actually watch the movie.
Speaker 2: You were watching a movie to lead to the kissing part, right, Like, that's what you're doing it.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 8: It was the good part of the movie. It was a really good part of the movie.
Speaker 2: Movies a million times, so you don't care about, you know, a pause, but it exists if you really want that's why you stop the makeout session.
Speaker 8: This action packed movie and here's she is trying to get action with me.
Speaker 1: You are a.
Speaker 2: First man that I think I've ever heard has been upset about something like that.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, like, she just had an opportunity to get to know me.
Speaker 1: But listen, why didn't you just tell her like she made me to know that?
Speaker 5: Like if you me is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Is this something that you discussed with her before putting the movie on, that this is a really important film and that you really want her to watch it?
Speaker 8: No, I mean no, I didn't. I didn't say that. But like during the part of the movie, in the middle of movie, I was like, Yo, this was really good. You have to attention to this part.
Speaker 1: See, oh you talked in the middle of the movie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean she was kissing upon me. You know what I mean, the regular gifts, these are French kisses. These are you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Okay, some ladies just don't know that eyes need to stay on the screen during this time.
Speaker 5: French kisses. Okay, Look, I don't think it was malicious.
Speaker 4: I don't think that Lindsay was was trying to like shove something in your face and say she doesn't care about your movies.
Speaker 5: She just really liked you.
Speaker 4: And you can let Lindsay tell you that because she's on the other line right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Don't it's a good part. Okay, just listen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean she is actually on the other line right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Hi, Hey, I didn't know you was listening, But I mean you get my feeling though. I mean, you know what we talked about and how I kept trying to talk to you about it.
Speaker 9: I just want to make so you're really like ghosting me. Wait, I'm just trying to figure this out. You you, we had such a great date and then the reason why now you've decided to leave me hanging is because I started making out with you and your favorite part of the movie.
Speaker 8: You want it's not a movie, it's just bad Boys. It's Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. That's Bad Boys. And then you are trying to just make up with me and not really pay attention to the movie, like really, you know, I mean, listen.
Speaker 9: I was really into you, and I wasn't quite focused on anything else but you. I thought you would be like over the moon with that.
Speaker 8: We can watch get on to me, to get into me, it's to get into the movie.
Speaker 4: If you really liked him, you would take an interest in the things that he is interested in.
Speaker 1: Isn't this like a refreshing flip?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: Honestly, doesn't this feel good to have the worst problem? Say that he really wants to share his passion with you.
Speaker 8: That's all I want.
Speaker 9: I mean, I want if that's really what you want. And you could have said so, and then we could have said, you have to tell you right now.
Speaker 8: You know, I wasn't giving you tongue back. I was trying to watch the movie.
Speaker 9: I've never had a date like this ever before in my life.
Speaker 4: Wow, And I think you mean that in a good way, because most guys aren't like Damon. He's one of a kind. He's kind of the opposite of a bad boy. He's a good one.
Speaker 9: It was that bad that that took precedence over how much fun we had before that.
Speaker 8: Listen, we had fun. But I want to get to know you too. But you need to get to know me.
Speaker 2: And you're not listening, Lindsey. It wasn't bad at all. It just was part of it.
Speaker 4: No matter how weird unusual that might sound. That's from the heart.
Speaker 1: It is a great movie if you pay attention.
Speaker 4: It is, Lindsay, Is there any way that you could see past this miscommunication that happened Damon he wants to be intimate with you?
Speaker 5: Just pause the movie or wait till it's done.
Speaker 8: No, no, you got pause in the movie. You watch it all the way through.
Speaker 4: Okay, well once once the credits roll, then the clothes can come off, so that okay, okay? Is that something that you could see yourself being open to, Lindsey.
Speaker 9: I mean, if I haven't already offended him enough, I don't know. I just did such a bad job getting to know him.
Speaker 5: That's a fair point.
Speaker 1: That's fair sarcastic right now, of course.
Speaker 4: Are well sounds like that's a yes from Lindsay for another date. I don't think I'm just reading in between the lines of what she said at Damien. Are you willing to look past all of her flaws and give her one more chance to watch Bad Boys all the way through without interruption?
Speaker 8: You know what, That's gonna be a no for me because she still don't even know the name of the movie. What's the name of the movie?
Speaker 9: I've heard it now, Bad Boys one, two, and three?
Speaker 5: Who's story of Will Smith?
Speaker 8: And Yeah, let's this girl?
Speaker 5: Where are the respectful women in this society?
Speaker 4: Boys?
Speaker 5: This goes out to you, Damon. The best movie trilogy of all time? Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. Remember the name, Lindsay.
Speaker 1: Go frooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Wow, the Internet is right. Men really are more sensitive nowadays.
Speaker 1: I love it. I think that it should be celebrated.
Speaker 4: Good on you, because women women just don't understand that men don't want cheap, easy hookups.
Speaker 5: They want a.
Speaker 4: Lady who appreciates their Netflix action movie watchless.
Speaker 1: They want it's timing.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's all we care about. Is our Netflix watch listen. And a woman isn't willing to do that and take that journey with us, then hit the bricks.
Speaker 1: What's your movie?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't care if you've got a perfect ten body in the face of a Disney princess. If you don't know who Martin Lawrence is, then you are not right with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is that for you too? Because I feel like yours is going to be more like West Side Story or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm snapping my way out of the road.
Speaker 4: Don't you dare muse shame me. Okay, but I will say Lindsey was right. Damon was actually really funny, and I hope that.
Speaker 5: I hope we talked to him again in a future second day.
Speaker 2: I think I still could have worked out if she would have just been like, I'm sorry, Yeah, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: She had to double down and not appreciate bad boys for the genius that I mean.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it was not knowing Martin Lawrence's name that did her.
Speaker 4: Disappointed there, and don't disappoint us any further. Make sure you go check out all of our second dates. They're up online. It's Brook and Jeffrey's second date update, Go listen, subscribe, and show some damn respect from Martin Lawrence in the comments.