Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty, and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: So later this.
Speaker 4: Hour will place a clip or two just to give you a flavor of what the Kamala Harris Brett Baar interview was like and what some of the responses have been, whether it's the lefties on MSNBC, or what jd Vance thought of.
Speaker 2: It, or what Trump thought about it.
Speaker 4: He tweeted out about it today, So we'll get to that, the short version being I don't think it's gonna make any difference in this presidential election. Everything is baked in as it has been for quite some time. So more in that coming up later. We talk a lot about crime and punishment on this radio show, like a lot of people do in the country. It's one of the top issues everywhere all the time. And Katie, Katie, Katie the news lady, her dad was a judge, he's now a retired judge, and thought it would be cool to talk to him at some length about a whole bunch of different stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let Katie introduce her own dad.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yes, judge in Oakland for thirty three plus years.
Speaker 6: Thirty three thirty three plus yep.
Speaker 5: Known to some as Judge Larry Goodman, known to others as LL Dog and daddy O.
Speaker 2: So here he.
Speaker 4: Is here, Come here, pops, Judge, thanks for coming back on the Armstrong and Getty Show. Appreciated how you How you like in retirement? By the way, not everybody adjusts well to retirement.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it, No, adjudgtment problem.
Speaker 7: No, because it got to be a point where remember Sunday nights when you were in school and you hated Sunday nights because you had to go to school. Yeah, never felt that until right before I retired, and it was like I knew it was time at that point.
Speaker 4: Interesting stuck around long enough? Yeah yeah. So before I get into some like specific questions I have, do you think you have an overall takeaway from all those years of being judge a judge just about society and order and crime in general in Oakland?
Speaker 7: Yeah, not so much overall. I mean, you see good people, you see bad people. Oakland is particularly depressing at times, just because it's it's overwhelming and the kind of cases I did you just life was so cheap and there was really no concert. There was consequences, but it didn't seem to stop anybody from acting out. So but overall, it's it's a job, just like everything else. The only you feel like you're contributing a little bit by being part of the judicial system or the justice system. But outside of that, it's not like any shattering awareness that I have.
Speaker 4: Now, Well, do you think most people who commit crimes, particularly bad crimes, because of they're just born to be bad? Or do you think there's an environment they came from.
Speaker 7: I think most of them are. It's the environment. I think it's life is cheap. Would you like to sell burgers at McDonald's or sell drugs? And if you sell drugs, you hang more gold and you drive better cars. So I think that's what I'll do. But there's a certain risk involved in that, but I'm willing to take it. And that's what they see, that's who their role models are, and that's what they do.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you know the statistics on this, but were the vast majority of people that would come before you guilty found guilty?
Speaker 7: Oh? Yeah, I had three? Three I tried According to my clerk one hundred and seventeen murder trials, I had three not guilty verdicts.
Speaker 2: Really, and in your opinion, do you think they were not guilty?
Speaker 7: One of them in a death penalty case, he was definitely guilty.
Speaker 2: The other two and it was found non guilty and found out not guilty.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Interesting, he killed both his sisters and tried to kill his parents. But that's a long story for another time. But the other two they probably did it, but the evidence wasn't all that great.
Speaker 4: But so most of the time, if specifically a murder gets to a courtroom, they did it.
Speaker 7: The chances are pretty good. I mean, they've gone through the charging, the screening before the charging, they've gone through a grand jury or a preliminary hearing, They've gone through all the pre trial motions. By that time, it's been reviewed quite a few times. And so it may not be a murder. It may not be a first degree murder, it may be a second, it may be a manslaughter. But they pretty sure that they killed somebody.
Speaker 4: And I suppose because of limited resources and time, you know, money, all that you wouldn't pursue it unless you're pretty sure they were guilty.
Speaker 2: On the prosecution.
Speaker 7: Sign in Alameda County, where I worked, we had used to have not anymore. They had one of the best DA's offices in the country, and so there was a lot of checks and balances, and nobody really went to trial unless they were pretty sure they had the right person, although I will say I did one trial. After about three witnesses, the DA came in and said, you know, I think we got this one wrong. We're going to dismiss the case.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So you weren't in the era or place of these das who don't want to charge anybody with anything to try to make some sort of point about society.
Speaker 7: No, that's one of the other reasons I'm glad I'm out, because I'd be getting in trouble all the time.
Speaker 4: So how would you have handled that as a judge or would you have had any role in it whatsoever? If if your local, if you got a gascon or whoever that just doesn't want to prosecute crime.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, eventually what happens. I have a friend of mine who's still sitting on the bench, and he's been challenged by the DA because he wouldn't go along with all of her issues. Or all the things she was trying to do. He kept denying motions to strike priors or strike that, so they finally filed a blanket challenge. So he went from criminal into probate.
Speaker 4: Oh so that's interesting. Back to the violent crime. So you've had a lot of violent criminals come before you do. They tend to regret what they did at the point that they're in a courtroom. And I don't mean like regret it because they got caught, but if they could go back, they wish they hadn't done it.
Speaker 7: Very few, very few. I mean, I'm sure some of them deep inside might have felt that way, but it's kind of a sign of weakness if they do that. I most of them kind of maintained the aura of I'm a criminal and I didn't do it, but you're gonna and if I did do it, you got to prove it. But I'm not going to say I did it and I'm sorry. Once in a while it's sentencing, they will address the family of the victim and say I'm sorry, But not up until that point.
Speaker 4: You said, these people live in a world where life is cheap. Expound on that a little bit. They just, for some reason because of their youth or environment. They just don't get what.
Speaker 7: I don't think they think that they're going to live that long because they see a lot of their peers get shot or get killed, and so it's kind of like a live why you can go fast and go hard because you're not going to be here that long. And so you look at me, funny while I'm standing on the street corner and I come back and I shoot you, because that's the kind of a unwritten rule of the streets. You don't disrespect somebody without having consequences. And people get shot over the dumbest things. Or I'll shoot at you and I'll hit a twelve year old girl across the street because I miss, But that's collateral damage, and I really don't think about it. I just move on. And that was just kind of the mindset that we saw a lot of.
Speaker 4: Did you have people come into your courtroom with as flimsy a reason for killing somebody as you just described.
Speaker 7: Oh sure, oh yeah, lots of times.
Speaker 2: Okay, give me some examples.
Speaker 7: Well, we had the gun well I used to call it the gunfight at the OK Corral. It was the gunfight at ninety eight. The needs in Oakland, and one gang got disrespected by another game because somebody disrespected the guy's car. He said that car looks like this and looks like that, and it was his pride and joy. So one group of kids is in the liquor store buying liquor, and this other group rolls up and opens fire with semiautomatic weapons and kills three people. The other gang he finally gets their guns out and shoots back, and one of them misses, and the bullet goes across the street and hits a guy getting gas and lodges in his neck and he has a stroke and he loses his ability to talk. And all the people that we did the trial for, they had no remorse whatsoever. A matter of fact, I had to keep pulling this one kid out because he kept disrespecting and saying rude things to the one of the victims mothers who came to address the court.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and how old were these people.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately, when he did it, he was seventeen, which is entitled him to have another re sentencing under the new laws in California. I sentenced him sixty five years to life or something like that, but that he was seventeen when he did the crime, so he was entitled to be re sentenced. I don't know what he got again, but do.
Speaker 2: You keep track of people after you sentenced him?
Speaker 7: The only I kept track of two people, and they weren't even murder cases. They were multiple sexual assault cases. And one one guy was a retired law enforcement officer who continually raped his stepdaughter and he came up for parole, and I was asked to write a letter, and I'd never done it before, but he actually raped his step son, who kind of gave him. He gave himself up to protect his step daughter, and the son ended up killing himself. So I wrote a letter saying he should I sentenced him to ninety nine years, but he's now in his sixty so he's eligible for elder parole or whatever they call it. And I wrote a letter saying I sentenced him for that long ever getting out and he didn't know his steps killed himself. So once he found that out, he withdrew his request for a parole and he's still in there.
Speaker 4: So I've always believed that on a lot of the sexual stuff, their brains don't work right.
Speaker 2: They were, they were, they were, They're born in such a way or whatever.
Speaker 4: Their brains don't work right as opposed to the other thing you were talking about, the you know, you grew up in an environment where you run with gangs in the more environmental than your brain doesn't work well.
Speaker 7: The sexual the in home sexual predators like this guy, Ron Roy Chass, I still remember his name. He's probably not wired right. But some of them are just mean, vicious people that it's you know, rape is not about sex, it's about violence and about control, and so some of these people are just violent sexual predators who just like to inflict that kind of pain on people.
Speaker 4: How how do you and this is tough for cops and prosecutors and people work in prisons, all kinds of different people, how do you keep your sense of humanity in that most of us are good and most of us don't do that When you're encountering these people all the time, it's got to wear on you.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, I was lucky enough to have Patty and Katie and come home and be able to you know, coach Katie and sports and hang out with her and my wife, and you just kind of leave it at work. And I don't think I tried real hard not to bring any of that stuff home, even when it was a high publicity stuff, when we didn't talk about it, we didn't watch it on the news or read the newspapers. You just try to when you leave the office, you just try to leave it there because it will wear on you. I mean, I had a couple of cases that to this day I still don't like to talk about them. But most of the time you're able to leave it at work.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: We're talking to Katie's dad, who is a was a judge for a very long time, is retired.
Speaker 2: Now what do you do? Mostly you fish your hunt? Yeah, what do you What do you do?
Speaker 7: I work out, I play guitar, trying to get back into golf, which will probably shorten my lifespan exactly. We still have a boat that we're keeping Crapifornia that we go out and stay on for a while.
Speaker 4: To that story, we got to talk about you getting robbed in your old hometown and what that was like, because this is just a story about the lawlessness of some areas of the country, among other things. All the way, stay here. Why are we playing this song? One of the most popular karaoke songs. Ever, it's very popular among the gay crowd, very popular among women divorcing their husbands.
Speaker 2: Gloria Gaynor has died at the age of something or other.
Speaker 4: She will long be remembered to this tune. Somebody will be singing this at karaoke tonight with tears in their eyes as Gloria Gaynor has passed. Maybe we'll do our loving tribute next half hour. For now, we're talking with the judge we'd known as Katie's dad around here, Judge Goodman, Judge Larry, who's been telling us about being a judge for over three decades in northern California and just crime and punishment in general and stuff like that. But interesting, So you moved to Idaho to escape in California or your whole life.
Speaker 7: We moved to California in nineteen fifty five, and except for going away for college and law school, I lived in Castro Valley that whole time.
Speaker 4: And like so many people, you fled California because it sucks a lot of it, the taxes, the crime, the homelessness, all that is really hard to put up with, depending on the area that you live in. And you left also, so you're in Idaho. Now you came back the other day. Tell us what happened.
Speaker 7: Well, we keep our boat in Alameda because one thing we do miss is the ocean and stuff like that. So we were having some people to go out on the boat for the Blue Angels. So we were on our way to the grocery store to get some things. We go out to the parking lot and I look, and I said, honey, our tires are gone, and there was the Toyota Corolla sitting. They brought their own blocks, so there was blocks under each of the doors, and they left the lug nuts, but all four tires were gone.
Speaker 2: With the wheels. Yeah, tires was so.
Speaker 4: So you're back in California, which you fled because of the crime and the homelessness and the taxes and all that sort of stuff. You come back briefly and your rental car gets all four wheels stolen off of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm like a junkie. I had to come back from my crime fix.
Speaker 4: I guess that is an amazing story and so emblematic of why you can't hardly ever get a U haul in California because there are so many people fleeing the states and the funny part.
Speaker 7: About is the lady that rented us the car, she said, now you'd be careful because they'll steal everything. And when you go get gas, you keep your eye open because they'll break the passenger door window and steal your purse. I mean, she went through this whole litany of things that were going to happen, and sure enough, the day after that happened to us.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Back to you judging and crime and punishment and what you've learned over all the decades of being in the system, I've always been I'm a big believer in the US justice system, and I've always just I've never been afraid of being falsely accused of anything like that because I just feel like the justice system generally works. Is that your assessment after decades of being involved in it, the vast majority of the time we get it right.
Speaker 7: I think so absolutely. I mean, like I said, we were always a little bit better than a lot of places in Alameda County. But yeah, I think for the most part, it works the way it's supposed to.
Speaker 4: And for places that it doesn't work as well, what would cause that?
Speaker 7: Just an overload of cases. Sometimes things get shuffled through that shouldn't get shuffled through. There are places where based upon how you look and how you act, sometimes you get charged. They're built in prejudices in some places. I taught at the National Judges College and Reno one day and the judges from Louisiana, a certain part of Louisiana came up and we're kind of making fun of us from California about how long it took us to pick juris and death penalty cases and everything, and really so it's just kind of a different mindset.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should ask you about that.
Speaker 4: California has the death penalty but doesn't actually put anybody to death. The leading cause of death on death row in California is old age. We taxpayers spend gazillions of dollars on this and nobody actually dies. Are you four or against the death penalty?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: I was fo it. I sentenced nine people to death I think, and one of them die to liver failure. The rest of them will probably outlive me.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's the problem with it. We're not getting it and nobody's dying. So I don't like paying for it. I don't mind capital punishment. I'm against it for the it's not practical if nobody's dying standpoint.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if we're not going to do it, we shouldn't have it.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 4: I just want to ask you some questions about your experience as a judge, and whenever a big case hits, we'll go to you for expertise. As always, I appreciate it. Thanks Jack, you bet you. That's Judge Goodman, who happens to be Katie's dad. So we're gonna play a little clip or two of you of Kamala Harris's big interview with Brett bhar on Fox yesterday, some of the reaction to that, and there is confirmation that Sinwar, the leader of Hamas, is dead.
Speaker 2: Israel got him.
Speaker 4: I wonder what that means for where things stand in the midd least A lot more on the way, stay.
Speaker 8: Here, Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 2: They're actually just taking a look at the Drudge.
Speaker 4: Page, which back in the day I looked at. That was like the first thing I looked at every morning for years, for years. And I don't think anybody's sure what the following of the falling out was between.
Speaker 2: Drudge and Trump. Does anybody know what that was?
Speaker 4: But anyway, Drudge hates Trump, and even though he was the go to conservative headlines place for many, many, many years, Drudge hates Trump. And I don't look at Drudge as much anymore. And I'm not even exactly sure. I don't remember why I moved away from it. I think there were a bunch of things that started to not be.
Speaker 5: Accurate any Matt Drudge sold the Drudge Report right a while ago, and it's I think a point to the Auto family or something like that, and they're really big non trumpers.
Speaker 2: So he apparently just didn't care who he sold it to, or I don't guess.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know what the reasoning was there.
Speaker 4: The only reason I bring it up is the lead on Drudge is one direction down, Liam Payne dead at thirty one, so not not anything about the election, not Kamala Harrison interview, not the fact that Sinwar has been killed the leader of Hamas by Israel.
Speaker 2: Their leads to arky, what is the guy.
Speaker 4: From one Direction dying? Who do they think their audience is? The average reader of Drudge is like my dad. I mean, it's got to average Drudge reader's gotta be sixty five. If not older, which is kind of funny. I don't you know, not important. I just am so shocked by that.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 5: It is the lead story with like eight links deep underneath it for reference articles.
Speaker 6: Unreal.
Speaker 2: Yeah huh, there.
Speaker 6: Are bigger things happening in the world.
Speaker 2: That just a heads up. Any who.
Speaker 4: Kamala Harris did an interview with Brett Baer and it was we were all on a group text chatting about it was kind of fun. Everybody was uncomfortable right off the bat because, as you'll hear here, this is the beginning of it. If in case you didn't see it, she tried to fillibuster from the beginning, and Brett knew, Man, if I'm going to get anything answered, I'm gonna have to interrupt her.
Speaker 2: So this is how the opening sounded.
Speaker 9: You know, voters tell polsters all over the country and here in Pennsylvania that immigration is one of the key issues that they're looking at this election, and specifically the influx of illegal immigrants from more than one hundred and fifty countries. How many legal immigrants would you estimate your administration has released into the country over the last three and a half years.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you raised the issue of immigration because I agree with you. It is it is a topic of discussion that people want to rightly have and you know what I'm going to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're just a number.
Speaker 9: Do you think it's one million, three million?
Speaker 2: Brett.
Speaker 3: Let's just get to the point, Okay. The point is that we have a broken immigration system that needs to be repaired.
Speaker 9: So your allmand Security secretary said that eighty five percent of apprehensions.
Speaker 6: I'm not finished.
Speaker 9: We have a we have a refreshment of six million people have been released into the country, and let me just finish.
Speaker 7: I'll get you the question.
Speaker 2: I promise you.
Speaker 3: I was beginning to answer.
Speaker 4: So that's where it was right off the bat, and she had that weird thing.
Speaker 2: It's of where she said.
Speaker 4: The first thing she said was, I'm glad you bring that up, because that is an issue that is important to Americans to all understand and be concerned with.
Speaker 2: And that is prudence to the you know, what are you doing here, ma'am?
Speaker 6: This is a wendy right.
Speaker 4: So he jumped in with some stats to try to nail it down, and as you're gonna hear here in a little bit.
Speaker 2: If you like her, you felt like.
Speaker 4: You know, she got under the skin of the right wing maga white male, and if you were predisposed to not like her, you feel like she didn't want to answer any questions. Here's Brett by the way, the host of the interview, explaining a little of the behind the scenes. He did this later in the day on how this all went down. It was.
Speaker 2: It was a little tense.
Speaker 9: We were given the time of five pm Eastern Time. Obviously my show is at six pm. They wanted to tape at five pm. We said we were going to tape as live, in other words, rolled the tape and then just turned that around unedited, uninterrupted. But we had to do it before five point fifteen otherwise we couldn't turn the whole machine around before the top of the six pm show. So we were waiting at four fifty five, and then five and then five zero five and then five ten. At five seventeen, the vice president walked out. So it did feel a little bit like they're icing the kicker or trying to Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean she showed up seventeen minutes late to have less time for him to do the interviewer and the whole ice the kicker thing. That's a football reference where if the other team's about to kick a field goal to win the game, you call a time out just to have the kicker stand there and be uncomfortable for a couple of minutes and maybe miss. So she was the icing the kicker by not showing up and hoping that Brett Bahr gets more uncomfortable, you know, running out of time and everything like that. I guarantee you he was scratching questions off his list where he thought, well, I'd better move this, get rid of this one, get rid of this one, or I'm only gonna have time for these.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I saw on Hannity he said he had seventy five questions prepared.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how many answered or actually asked. He also said this.
Speaker 9: This was kind of a sense that she was going to keep on talking and that if I wanted to get through and redirect, I was going to have to interrupt. I don't particularly love to do that, but if I didn't do it, there may have been you know, four answers in the interview.
Speaker 4: You know, let's play the whole thing. Actually, Michael will do sixty and sixty one. This is Mika Brazinsky on Morning Joe. So if you are you know you lean right, you probably do. If you listen to this show, you felt like Kamala Harris was, you know, not want to answer the questions and doing every thing, but just to know how the other side took it. This is Mika Brazinsky and Morning Joe on MSNBC this morning.
Speaker 1: It was supposed to get viewers an opportunity to actually hear her plans as president. Instead, as you saw, it almost immediately devolved into an embarrassing bad faith effort by a once respected host to play to an audience of one. The host's constant rude interruptions were designed to distract from the issues and facts that Trump and his accolytes try and twist and distort every day, and on Fox News they try and avoid and they couldn't.
Speaker 4: I actually saw somebody on Hiss it might have been joy Read going with the whole. Of course, he couldn't handle a strong black woman being in the blah blah blah blah blah always that.
Speaker 5: You know, I almost prefer that than the whole painting her like a victim, like he was just running all over her and wouldn't let her speak.
Speaker 6: It sounded like a bashing. Like it. She was the one filibustering through that whole thing.
Speaker 2: Here's a little more from Mika.
Speaker 1: When Kamala Harris realized the host was not going to let her speak, the only way the Vice president could give Fox viewers an opportunity to hear what she had to say was to talk back over him. Was he making sure that happened? I personally think absolutely. Did she do well in this environment? Of course she was great. She's a former prosecutor, attorney general, senator, current vice president. She's fine with a situation like that and.
Speaker 4: Even flourishes so because it is such in the eye the beholder, and almost everybody has made their decisions already. I'm not sure this interview changed well. It certainly didn't change any minds. The question would be did it influence any of the undecideds in the swing states?
Speaker 2: I guess. This next clip.
Speaker 4: Includes one phrase that is already in Trump ads. I don't know if you'll pick it up or not, but we'll explain.
Speaker 9: This is a time when voters, especially here in Pennsylvania, are inundated with commercials and ads. They just wanted to stop because it's every commercial, but many of them add noise, but a few of them seem to break through. This particular one from the Trump campaign has gotten a lot of attention.
Speaker 10: Kamala supports taxpayer funded sex changes for prisoners.
Speaker 3: Surgery for prisoners, for prisoners, every transgender inmate in the prison system would have access.
Speaker 9: So are you still in support of using taxpayer dollars to help prison inmates or detain the illegal aliens to transition to another gender?
Speaker 3: I will follow the law, and it's a law that Donald Trump actually followed. You're probably familiar with.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: It's a public report that under Donald Trump's administration, these surgeries were available to on a medical necessity basis to people in the federal prison system. And I think, frankly, that ad from the Trump campaign is a little bit of like throwing stones when you're living in a glasshouse.
Speaker 9: The Trump paids say that he never advocated for that prison policy and no gender transition.
Speaker 3: That take us for what happened in your administration.
Speaker 5: So that was my favorite line, by the way, her going, well, you have to take responsibility for what.
Speaker 6: Happened in your administration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the line that is already in Trump adds because she has been trying to go with I'm not responsible for things that happened over the last three and a half years, and she just stated there that you are responsible for to happen over three and a half years, and the point being, for whatever reason, the way the laws are written, any healthcare that a prisoner needs, we taxpayers pay for, and at least so far currently still what they call gender firming care used to be called a sex change is included in that.
Speaker 2: But Trump doesn't advocate for it.
Speaker 4: That's the laws on the book, and he didn't get it overturned in his administration.
Speaker 2: But he's not out there campaigning on that's what he wants like she was.
Speaker 4: So I think those are completely different things, but that's the phrase that stuck out to a lot of people. Well, yet, you're responsible for what happens under your administration. Okay, Well, then how about the however many million illegals that came across, how about the inflation, how about the deads at Abbygate leaving Afghanistan, how about all kinds of other things. And that's why it's going to be in a Trump ad. What is going to make up the mind of the thousands, not millions, but thousands of voters in the seven swing states who haven't made up their mind yet. Nobody really knows. They probably don't even know themselves. I don't know how many of those people who can't make a decision are going to walk into the voting booth on election day and make up their mind. That seems so crazy to me. We're talking about this earlier. Katie struck upon something that I had never considered before, people that have trouble making decisions. She dated a guy who couldn't make decisions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was a form of your panic when a decision from taking one hundred and forty or one hundred and forty an hour and forty minutes to.
Speaker 6: Pick your pick out a pair of.
Speaker 5: Flip flops to actually having a panic attack while holding the menu in a restaurant. It was just any definitive decision was a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And and he wasn't dumb, no, super smart.
Speaker 5: I mean one of those like Snapple facts guys where you'd be like, oh, I wonder about this, and you just like new you know, weird Snapple facts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's one thing I've learned the the undecided voters are not dumb, they're not low information.
Speaker 2: They're just not good at making decisions. And I've known a few people like that.
Speaker 4: Just for whatever reason, every decision rose to the level of this is the biggest decision of your life, or you'll regret it forever if you eat the wrong thing, or get the wrong shoes or you know, see the wrong movie when you're trying to choose a movie on a Friday night or something. Yeah, so that that's what the undecide voter he is and what moves them who flip and knows.
Speaker 2: But it ain't going to be that interview yesterday.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you that we'll finish strong next. Two celebrity deaths in one day, kind of like when Farah Fawcett died the same day as Michael Jackson, so nobody noticed.
Speaker 2: Jesus, you got.
Speaker 4: Sinwar, the leader of Hamas, and Gloria Gaynor, who sang I will survive both of the same day.
Speaker 2: Imagine it. So this is Charles Pain of Fox. Do you know who he is?
Speaker 4: He's their financial guy, super smart financial guy. I always listen to what he has to say. He happens to be black, which matters to this because he's commenting on Barack Obama's attempt to reach out to young black men.
Speaker 10: Black men have to get over the fact that they got a woman on the ticket and are you afraid to vote for her?
Speaker 2: Is basically what he did, and challenge them. Damn shame. It's so insulting.
Speaker 10: I really I could you imagine a white man talking down to black people like that, particularly black men.
Speaker 2: That's our issue women.
Speaker 10: It's not the fact that I don't have a job where my job is not existing, or you know, I'm in a world where, by the way, progressives are racing me. The Democratic Party, particularly progressives in Hollywood, Madison Avenue, Washington, d C. Wall Street, they have erased the black men. There's no opportunities for black men anywhere in their world. And I think a lot of his sentence around what they perceived this will be too much toxic masculinity. They hate black masculinity. They hate it, and they've gone to war with it. And black men have noticed it, and guess what they're saying, We're not going to take it anymore.
Speaker 4: That's interesting, that whole war on masculinity thing that's been going on now for quite a few years as I raised two boys in this environment is interesting.
Speaker 2: Let's let Charles Ping go on.
Speaker 3: For those who are not inclined to vote for Kamla Harris, will they sit it out and not vote or will they vote for President Trump?
Speaker 10: I think the majority will vote for President Trump. This is a guy, by the way, for all of the media attacks against Trump, he has reached out to black voters from day one. He goes to the Bronx, he goes to these different places. He's reached out to black voters in a way that no Republican candidate ever has.
Speaker 2: People appreciate that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I was listening to a podcast yesterday and I thought they made a really good point about men being drawn to Trump because he is like a.
Speaker 2: Guy as opposed to the.
Speaker 4: Tim Walls type of guy, which is like all your sitcom dads where I'm I'm a knucklehead, I'm kind of a bumbling dumb guy and my wife runs a family because I just barely know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I'm just kind of a big, doey dumb guy.
Speaker 4: Which has been a straight armed seal clap that he does, but that whole portrayed dads or men as well as knuckleheads for all these years in sitcoms and commercials and everything like that. Tim Walls is trying to be that kind of guy, and Trump is definitely not that guy.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 8: Jack and Joe just had a very robust and productive conversation this morning, working together to discuss very important issues together in this moment in time, and now together in this moment, they will have final thoughts with Armstrong and Getty. This is the most final thoughts of our lifetime, and it is time to share the final thoughts they have been thinking. And that time is every day.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's your host for final thoughts. Me as Joe is playing golf with a bunch of dudes and eating and drinking. Let's get a final thought from Michaelangelo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was thinking abou Kamala being late for the interview.
Speaker 5: I'm amazed at Brett Bair didn't say to her people, hey she's got five minutes, or I'm telling my viewers she was a no show.
Speaker 2: You know, that wouldn't have been a bad move.
Speaker 4: I mean it's not like she was five minutes late or ten minutes late.
Speaker 2: She was seventeen minutes late.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's perfectly in the wheelhouse of I leave me. If I got a meeting with somebody at five and at a quarter after they're not there, I probably go out to my car. Right anyway, let's get a final thought from Katie Green.
Speaker 5: So I know that intro to this final thoughts is top topical.
Speaker 6: And I'll you know, right a long time. But oh my god, can we get rid of that?
Speaker 2: It's hard to hear, isn't It's not even real long?
Speaker 5: Ai, I know, But oh my god, I've already had it with her.
Speaker 4: It's ponderous. Ugh, here's my final thought. What is the reaction going to be to the death of Sinwar? So they're breaking into live news coverage on all the networks now that it's.
Speaker 2: Been confirmed the leader of Hamas is dead.
Speaker 4: A couple experts we talked to today just think somebody else will slide into a spot and won't make that much difference. But we'll see if there's an attempt of our retaliation. If I'm the leader of Iran, I gotta be somewhat concerned that I'm next Armstrong and Geeddy Wrapping up another grueling four hour workday, get the new T shirt Hot dogs are Dogs? It's flying off the shelves, but we can make more. Hot dogs are dogs at.
Speaker 2: Armstrong inngeddy dot com. God bless America. I just got one final question.
Speaker 9: Or not say you said yes, yeah you did, you absolutely did, and point of personal previallege.
Speaker 2: I want winner. You're a loser, Congressman. What a load of fatuous nonsense. This is the time we are opening the aperture.
Speaker 7: L GDP, l.
Speaker 2: Gt LB so a little too much, Doty does.
Speaker 5: These conversations are intrinsically multifaceted.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Let I know.
Speaker 2: Thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty