Speaker 1: Second day and the great prophet Rihanna taught us that sometimes you can find love even in the most hopeless of places. Oh yeah, yeah, wouldn't you know? It was right right because one of our listeners, Sean, emailed in saying he had a romantic connection recently in a place you probably wouldn't think to go find love.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, I.
Speaker 1: Find that out in just a second. Where it is, we'll see, Sean. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 3: Hey, how are you guys?
Speaker 4: I'm always concerned if Jeffrey's weirded out about where you found love just from his own love.
Speaker 2: Grocery store.
Speaker 1: I didn't say weirded out. I just said it was unexpected.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, that's true.
Speaker 5: That's a different definition.
Speaker 1: So where was this place, Sean? And how many unexpected holes did you find in the walls around you?
Speaker 3: So long story short. I had to do a community service for he did with the body of mine. But I chose to do volunteer work at a food bank the other week and cool, yeah yeah, yeah. So I met a girl named Sophie was really cute and she was also volunteering.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, hold on say also volunteering.
Speaker 2: She was volunteering. You were forced to be there.
Speaker 4: I mean it's cool that you chose a great yeah, but force volunteering.
Speaker 3: The bracker way to put it.
Speaker 1: Okay, did she know?
Speaker 4: Can I just ask right off the bat? Did she know that's why you were there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: I think she thought I was also just like volunteering.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you never mentioned it?
Speaker 1: Well why would you?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, I don't want to be here. The courts made me, but uh, you know, let's help some people out.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'm not a volunteer.
Speaker 2: I'm a criminal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't want to start for my deficit totally.
Speaker 4: Some people lead into the bad boy thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm curious. How did you start things off? What was the opener?
Speaker 3: I tried to make a joke. Well, we were there and it was a little inappropriate. I said, Yeah, they called me up because apparently they ran out of sausage.
Speaker 1: Oh wow wow.
Speaker 4: Wait wait she laughed at that.
Speaker 3: No, she didn't get it. Okay, she said, I don't think they can store meats here. It's mostly just canned. Good.
Speaker 4: I hope you didn't explain the joke.
Speaker 1: I hope you just want to No, No, it's funny because I'm referencing my body. Yeah, I'm talking about no.
Speaker 3: No, I'm glad I just moved on.
Speaker 1: Disguise.
Speaker 4: Let's not pull that one out anymore.
Speaker 2: Your choice of words, bro.
Speaker 1: So what ended up happening with you and Sophie?
Speaker 3: Well, we were there together for like three hours, and we were just side by side for a long time, just talking, getting to know each other. And the more we hung out, the more relaxed and comfortable I felt with her, And I think the feeling was mutual.
Speaker 4: Oh you do think so, because no one goes into volunteering at a food bank thinking they're going to meet somebody. She may have just you know, was friendly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, makeup and wear the nicest dress and go volunteers more cleavage.
Speaker 1: Getting the real natural Sophie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, how often you with somebody for three hours straight nowadays, you know, besides like golfing?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, we were together for like nine.
Speaker 4: Hours prison cell in your case.
Speaker 1: Oh that was important joke?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Did did you end up asking her out?
Speaker 3: Well? Yeah, I mean, well I'm in another joke at the end, and I was like, I've gotten empty backpack. We can load it up and have dinner.
Speaker 2: Now you're stealing from the food bank.
Speaker 4: Did she laugh? Then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she laughed.
Speaker 1: She has a sense of humor.
Speaker 4: Joke, all right, did you go share canna spaghettios together?
Speaker 3: So I told her I wanted to volunteer again when she was working. So I got her number and we texted for like two hours that night.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, I can keep the conversation going nice.
Speaker 4: So it was. It was obviously a romantic thing.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, that's what I thought. Then. Ever since those two hours, nothing hasn't responded to anything.
Speaker 4: Have you gone and volunteered?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I didn't think.
Speaker 1: Maybe your bad boy attitude rubbed off on her and now she's living a life of crime.
Speaker 2: She can't go back. She did steal a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: She took them, seriously, I.
Speaker 3: Had no idea. I'm just wondering. May I don't know. Maybe she lost her phone.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I think so, yeah, do you replace them immediately?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Maybe One of her roommates explained the sausage joke to her later.
Speaker 5: You know, I bet she didn't even remember that I did.
Speaker 1: Anything. She should like you more after she understands.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh wait a minute, she's hilarious.
Speaker 1: All right, So how long has it been since you volunteered?
Speaker 3: Like a week?
Speaker 1: Okay, she definitely has a phone. A week with no response is a big red flag. We're gonna call her and see if she even answers. Maybe she didn't actually change her number after working with you. I hope not. Maybe we'll find something in the middle when we come back with your second date update right after this update over, Like ninety percent of these calls now have people that meet on dating apps, but today's was different. These two met volunteering at a food bank.
Speaker 4: I think my heart will go on? Is that what I hear? It's low?
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks for derailing what I was saying. They met at a food bank, yeah, and that's where Sean ran into Sophie. They sparked a whirlwind romance there, filled with canned goods and canned.
Speaker 4: Laughter sausage jokes.
Speaker 1: But even though they texted for hours afterwards, suddenly she cut off all communication. Yeah, which is weird, and Sean rest of shirt. I talked to Brooke off the air, and she promised, unlike the last seven ones of these that we've done, She's not gonna throw you under the bus. Doesn't that feel good?
Speaker 4: I appreciate that broke Oh yeah, yeah, I think he swear it on that one.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't trust her, but that's what she says.
Speaker 4: I mean, it really feels, honestly, like this comes down to she thought you guys were friends, and maybe you finally made the move on text message and she finally got it right texting that could be just like three texts, yeah, honestly, and like scheduling when he was supposed to come in again.
Speaker 1: Right, Remember how we said we're not going to throw Sean under the bus.
Speaker 4: I don't know that she saw the same way you did. The relationship is a bad thing, but was hoping for.
Speaker 1: A little more hope when we.
Speaker 4: Okay, well maybe we can put her onto the idea.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 5: I hope that she got arrested and she's in jail and you guys are going to service sentence together.
Speaker 4: Sometimes under the.
Speaker 1: Point is we're all on your side here, Sean, no matter what. So let's do this right now.
Speaker 3: You guys appreciate your support a lot, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But supporting just like volunteer.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, is this Sophie?
Speaker 6: Yes calling?
Speaker 1: Good question? My name is jeff from a radio show you might have heard of called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Okay, have thought.
Speaker 4: We were big on the volunteer circuit, but apparently.
Speaker 6: Not a radio voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. Brook doesn't have a very good voice for radio's Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was going to say, we called your mom just now.
Speaker 1: She would say, Jeffrey, I don't know what's going on, but Sophie, we're doing a segment called a second Date Update. We would like you to be involved because we're trying to help out one of our listeners named Sean.
Speaker 4: Oh and you guys didn't really go on a date. You just met out and volunteered.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I thought he seemed nice.
Speaker 4: Did you understand that he was like interested in you, you know, and wanted to Yes, you did?
Speaker 6: No, No, I mean I was thinking about him. I mean actually the high evening after that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you dug him, you were into it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just can't trust him.
Speaker 1: You can't trust him. Why why do you say that?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: I guess because I was thinking about him that night and I I went to bed and he was in my dream.
Speaker 3: We were back at the food bank.
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe the delivery of sausages, omry, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Just about it?
Speaker 4: It's just so good.
Speaker 1: Why is it bad that he was with you in the dream at the food bank, so he.
Speaker 6: Was stocking shelves and his phone went off in your dream? Yeah, my dream, and I look over and it's his fiance and okay, it was very clear that he was cheating on her.
Speaker 4: In your dream.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not a very good dream.
Speaker 4: Why is that why you can't trust him?
Speaker 6: Because I know it was a.
Speaker 4: Sign, a sign that you have some trust issues and relationships and now they're playing out in your dream games.
Speaker 6: No, it's more of a time that he's big trouble at the universe was warning me that I need to stay away from him.
Speaker 1: But it's just a dream though he didn't actually do anything.
Speaker 6: No, I know, I know, because that gives you really vivid No, It's the thing is, I have these types of dreams and they turned out to be real.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're like, very very intuitive.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm skeptical.
Speaker 4: I am too. I wonder the people like that that are psychic in their dreams. But okay, if even if that was the case, if you thought that they was real, why wouldn't you just ask him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just trust my gut. And you know, back in high school I had a boyfriend high school was cheating on me.
Speaker 4: Yes, high school, but it happened.
Speaker 6: I dreamed it first and then.
Speaker 3: It was true confirmed it.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh, they have intuitions.
Speaker 1: I think we probably do need to step back for a second. How could Sean be cheating when the two of you have any and gone out on an official date.
Speaker 6: It's a very good Yeah, but you know he's interested in me. He made that clear.
Speaker 3: He's flirting with the text and in.
Speaker 4: Your dream, he wasn't cheating on you. He was cheating on his pretend fiance or his real fiance.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's that's what I think happened.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, well luckily.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We can know right now by punching up Sean, who's actually on the other line, O Sean, Yeah, he is done, I think so, Sean, can you put your fiance on the phone. I'd like to talk to the price.
Speaker 3: I don't have a fiance. I'm single.
Speaker 4: Believe that so easy to convince to go one way or the other.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at our textboard right now, and uh, there's a lot of people who are also skeptical about this. Ye just not calling a guy back over a dream that you had.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, sometimes my husband's cheated on me in my dreams, volunteer.
Speaker 1: That always your husband's the one who cheat you. Sean, you reached out about Sophia here. Let me just ask you. Let's just get this out in the open. Are there any other women that you're currently dating?
Speaker 3: Or so? I am talking to other women? But it would be weird if I want?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's normal, I know it. I have the feeling.
Speaker 1: He's talking.
Speaker 4: That's how dating works. You.
Speaker 6: Yeah, guys say they're talking, but I know what that means. I mean, are you talking more vertically or horizontally?
Speaker 4: You guys haven't even again gone on the date.
Speaker 1: You're not being romantic with other people, right, Sean, doesn't matter?
Speaker 4: That would be fine.
Speaker 1: I mean she wants to know.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 1: I think we all want to know.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 3: You all want to know? What do you all want to know?
Speaker 2: Who have you been sharing your sausage?
Speaker 1: Wins you being romantic with other women?
Speaker 3: Creepy question?
Speaker 6: See, I told you he doesn't want to answer it.
Speaker 4: I mean he's thinking for a while to say something, guys, because you know what he wants to talk about. The other people are talking to with someone they're trying to pursue you ask that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Jeff, I'm the one.
Speaker 3: Guy I have who to believe if you have nothing to worry about, You're the one I'm interested in. You're the one I want to go out on a day with.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 3: That is so weird.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what you said in my dream?
Speaker 1: What oh, word for words, it's not. This is a really creative way to blow off a guy without feeling bad about it.
Speaker 2: That's true, can use.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to blow him off. That's what happened in the dream. The next thing I know, he's with his fiance.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's a sign that you're about to meet your fiance. Couldn't it be interpreted other ways? It is a dream.
Speaker 6: Look, the last time I had a cheating dream, it was two years ago where I dreamed I cheated it on my boyfriend and then I actually did it.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, what you can't.
Speaker 2: I can dream when I kissed Jeff on the cheek, and I can do it right now.
Speaker 1: I want it, Jose, you look so.
Speaker 4: I don't think you want to change her mind on this one.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying the universe works in weird ways.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think you might be right, Sophie, because I had a dream last night that the two people on the phone said yes to going out. The universe says you two should see each other again. I bet it was a romantic dream and we should pay for it.
Speaker 3: No, man, I just have to trust myself on this one.
Speaker 2: What if I pay for What.
Speaker 1: If I throw in a gift card for extra sausage?
Speaker 6: Why don't you keep saying sausage?
Speaker 4: Nor should you? Fine, I find Sophie.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm giving up on this one.
Speaker 2: Sean did see each other?
Speaker 4: The volunteering, Yeah, Sean, you're gonna be volunteering again, like you said.
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta get back on the dating scene after being paroled for a while.
Speaker 6: I knew I should have my gosh, no, thank you, she had.
Speaker 1: A prison dream, Sophi, You're amazing.
Speaker 2: The fountain was a conjug.
Speaker 4: Rook.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the morning. Oh man, I can't stop thinking about that woman's ex boyfriend and what that conversation was like when she came back and told them, Sweetie it's not my fault. I cheated on you. I dreamed it first. Yeah, the universe forced it to happen.
Speaker 4: I could have prevented it wasn't my decision.
Speaker 1: How do you think he could have possibly taken that.
Speaker 4: I just have a feeling they got back together for a little while. I just do if he was with her to begin with.
Speaker 1: She's a little cuckoo, and you know the cuckoo ones are the best. We're gonna give ten points to Hufflepuff for creativity.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's mine.
Speaker 2: That's where I live.
Speaker 4: It is a huffle that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, shocker, they didn't go out on another day.
Speaker 4: I don't know why she didn't dream that.
Speaker 5: What if she hasn't dreamed tonight though, that they went out and then she calls us back another dream It's possible.
Speaker 1: Oh, you never know.
Speaker 2: With her.
Speaker 1: We're going to keep our email open for her and for literally anybody else that we could help. Yeah, yeah, that's what we're here for.
Speaker 4: Obviously, have no standards.
Speaker 1: No email the show. We'll call that person wasn't calling you back. Go check out all of our second Date podcasts and all the podcasts from the show online wherever you get them.
Speaker 4: And if you could subscribe to that'd be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only a few have time.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,