Speaker 1: Do you have any resolutions specifically about dating or your love life.
Speaker 2: I think I want to approach dating with more of like this is just really fun mindset and not you know, put so much emphasis on the outcomes or anything that can happen, and really prioritize what I want.
Speaker 3: At our Voiceover Live show last December, our producer Emily asked people for their twenty twenty six dating resolutions to motivate us for the new year.
Speaker 4: I guess like to make my boundaries and expectations like stricter, because I realized when I keep my criteria loose, I just like keep getting disappointed. And I don't want to keep like wasting my.
Speaker 5: Energy becoming less mechanical when it comes to dating and doing more just like have it flow more naturally and less business meeting schedule dates.
Speaker 6: Just like prioritizing myself and my health. And I think like when you are like doing you in work, working on you, like that's when like the right person is going to come into your life at the right time.
Speaker 3: I'm hopewordered and welcome to Voiceover a space where we're learning and I'm learning all the myths we're taught about love and.
Speaker 7: Relationships Happy New Year.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 8: Are you ready to start fresh?
Speaker 9: I feel amazing about this year.
Speaker 3: Hello, and happy new year to our voiceover listeners. In a stunning turn of events, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the new year. I think change is on the horizon, and I want to stay positive about it. So I got on this studio with my producers Emily and Christina to bring some good energy into our expectations for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 8: Are you ready to start fresh?
Speaker 9: I feel amazing about this year.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I feel like twenty twenty six is kind of collectively leaving behind twenty twenty three, twenty twenty four, and twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: There's something twenty twenty three being the year you started sober.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, but also like beyond the boy sober of it all was, I think, just like the attention and like sort of figuring out how to deal with all that.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like my feet are finally underneath me, Like I love it. Definitely the most stable I've ever been in my life.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, And my life is a really huge that's a grand job, toty statement, but I do kind of feel that way.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Okay, my feet are under me. Like I like my job and I don't know something job. I love this job, I say.
Speaker 11: Us question, Yeah, with twenty twenty five in the past, hope, what would you say your dating resolutions are?
Speaker 8: Oh, god, well or twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Fid I mean every single time I say a dating resolution, I do the opposite, because every single time you've ever asked me, I've said it's to give up men, and I've never done it.
Speaker 11: You know, I'd be more realistic to go micro you think, rather than say give up men, because I think, like my problem was always the typical, like I'm going to lose ten pounds and it's like you don't. But then I think I started to like shift in my head of like I'm going to.
Speaker 8: Start going to the gym more totally.
Speaker 11: I'm just going to start eating healthier, right, yeah, something like so simple, but like it's just a little shift because I hated making resolutions, right, I just felt like empty promises. Yeah, And so I think my goals are usually more something I know I can achieve totally.
Speaker 3: Because when you set a goal that you don't achieve, it's like then you feel bad about yourself, and then you like get further away from that goal, you.
Speaker 8: Feel like your failure, and then I might as.
Speaker 12: Well sort of just like go full force, and like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I do feel like quite a shift though. I mean, like we've been talking about, it's like I feel more stability than ever I think over the last couple of years. Why I said like twenty twenty three, twenty twenty four, twenty twenty five feels like I'm sort of leaving it all behind is because those years have been so chaotic for me, like so intense, so uneasy, so sort of scattered, where it was like romance was a bit of a lifeline. And now I'm like going into this year and I just have a completely different sentiment, and it does feel like I've really gotten something out of my system. Something about jumping from a twenty four year old to a forty four year old sort of made me say, like, okay, you know what, let.
Speaker 1: Me like life update, let me like that's what I'm in a hope. In the past couple of months, I had a jump too, no Bright.
Speaker 3: And with both of them it was just sort of like, I don't really know if this was necessary, Like with the twenty four year old, he was my friend and now we are not friends, and I'm like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it wasn't worth it, Like I don't really like to admit that.
Speaker 3: Like when my dad asked me, like, is there anything you would have changed about that situation? In my heart, I was like, I wish it had never happened. I wish I had never kissed him. You wish I wish I had never crossed that line. And I actually feel that way about so much, but I've been hesitant to admit it. So maybe like that's the micro version of this bigger goal, is that, like I don't really want to cross over into something with someone because you really cannot go back.
Speaker 9: It is just not the same.
Speaker 11: Well, part of the reason why we're here is also to look ahead at the year of dating, and since we have a lot of fun in the studio, I've gathered up dating trends for the year ahead.
Speaker 8: Love to hear that have been predicted by.
Speaker 11: Dating experts, apps, what have you, And so I'm going to read a few and you guys think I'm crimazing. So for twenty twenty six dating trends clear coding this is.
Speaker 9: Wait can we guess what that means before you tell it.
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, clear coating.
Speaker 9: Being transparent, like be honest and direct.
Speaker 11: Spelling out your dating intentions upfront. Okay, staying up front if you want casual, serious, what you're willing to tolerate no more.
Speaker 9: I don't know what I'm looking for.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, kill that. Yeah, kill that. That's the worst.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of dating apps, it sounds like everyone's getting on field.
Speaker 12: Like it sounds like because those people.
Speaker 1: Are so upfront, those people, did I say it?
Speaker 8: Like those those people I've tried it.
Speaker 12: Hey, it's on and they spell it out.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's what worked for them, right, No, no, exactly.
Speaker 1: But there is like a radical transparency thing because there's like the hingeway where it's like they let you do the long term open short, short term opened along. It's like kind of a cop out. But there is a difference between that and the radical transparency of like, this is all I'm looking for, right, this is what I'm into.
Speaker 3: Well, and here's the truth about when someone gives you what they're honestly looking for. Is anyone on the receiving end of it, low key is probably wanting to change your mind. I feel like, so often people get into something with someone and one person is like, I'm not looking for anything serious, and then the other person is sort of like, let's see what happens.
Speaker 12: Though, right, you know, yeah, but that's but that's a problem.
Speaker 11: You'll change their mind, right, And so I think with clear coding, it could be like, all right, if the guy says I'm not looking for anything serious, you.
Speaker 9: Got to count them out, you got to walk away.
Speaker 3: Okay. So maybe that that this dating trend needs to be two part clear coding. But then also like hearing people when they tell you something.
Speaker 11: Right, you know, because the other person might not be as transparent as you want to, right, would you hope.
Speaker 9: Be clear coded?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: To be retrospective for a second, to think about last year, I would break things off pretty quickly. I'm not really someone these days who's trying to like trick at all.
Speaker 8: Like on a date, if someone asks you, like, what are you looking for?
Speaker 9: Do you say like, I mean, I'm looking for like a life partner.
Speaker 8: Do you say that to a person like or do you think they'll freak them out?
Speaker 3: I mean the forty four year old that I dated, I was asking him pretty point blank about how he sees the future and what he wants with like family, like not really certain if I want to get married or not. I asked him, like, he is getting married something you want? And he tried to say maybe, but you could tell it was a no. And it was like do you want kids? And he like tried to be like I could want kids, and I'm like, okay, then that's a no.
Speaker 8: At forty four, you should know, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I'm also like to be forty four years old and to not want to sort of like be a part of something it feels like bigger than yourself, like not everyone needs to have kids, not everyone needs to get married, of course, right, But it was just sort of giving, like are you not trying to like leave any kind of legacy? And I don't even mean that in like a familial way, right, but just like what are you building and with who?
Speaker 9: That's sort of the question that.
Speaker 8: Is, and that's nothing you want it, right, So I'm proud of you. You cut it off.
Speaker 3: I know, look at that so I can be I can be clear coded, but I guess I'm also aware of how I can change my mind.
Speaker 9: Do you have anything in life?
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like I have been something that I've gotten better at in dating is being like, I am definitely looking for something, but it's also hard because I'm not opposed to like, what if something fun happened in the middle, and like if there is something of like, I don't want to close the door. So I have been really upfront with what I want, but I'm also like, but we.
Speaker 12: Can have a fun, little cheeky time.
Speaker 8: The fun part about that is the surprise of it happened.
Speaker 11: So I think when you state that you want that, it kind of takes out the element of spotan eighty and makes it seem like you're planning for it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's something about the clear coded thing where it sort of like dismisses like all of our ability to just like change the way we think, change what we feel. You never you can be as direct as possible, but you spend a week with somebody and something could.
Speaker 1: Change, which this I don't know if you want to get into this discussion right now, but like the whole concept of even having these terms I feel like has gone overboard totally.
Speaker 9: As the woman who started the word ye.
Speaker 12: Apologize a little too far.
Speaker 8: It is pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 13: We need them.
Speaker 12: Everything like there is.
Speaker 11: Sometimes it makes sense, like there wasn't a name for a feeling that you might have. But sometimes it's like you could have just said obsession. You know, you could have just said this one word. We don't have to make some like weird thing.
Speaker 9: It's like an interesting thing.
Speaker 3: I think it's just a product of the Internet though, with like how quickly everything is moving, it's like people need new things, people need new words, people need new identities like trends or fat you know what I mean. It's just like speaking of let me bring up this next word, great transition. Kim riizdry Kim riztory. Of course you're charismatic as hell. Yeah you got charisma together. Yeah, you're working the room together, you're making people laugh together, you're going to the party.
Speaker 12: Magnetica tract.
Speaker 8: It's a combination of chemistry and RIZ.
Speaker 11: So you're catching that unexpected chemistry with someone that you didn't think that you'd be into.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, well again, you gotta let people.
Speaker 11: It's not just like, oh, you have chemistry, it's unexpected chemistry.
Speaker 8: They've got the RIZ. I can't say that with this, can I.
Speaker 9: Say something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yes, in twenty twenty six, I think I would like to get away from my historic type. Okay, my friend Dalton said specifically, no more stinky white boys.
Speaker 9: So it's like they can be white, but they can't be stinky.
Speaker 3: But also just try to get away from my type and try would you say your type.
Speaker 8: Is stinky white boys?
Speaker 3: Well, just that was the last one, and just laugh you. I mean I also had that other one. Y'all have seen I pass. Yeah, So anyways, no more stinky boys. Maybe we can just leave it at back, get away from and get away from my type. I would like so to bring it back to kim Ris Dreem. I think there's an element of surprise to this dating trend. Yeah, consider someone you wouldn't maybe, yeah, or maybe just being open minded.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I like I would say I've always been picky in my past, and I think that was a detriment to my dating life.
Speaker 8: Because they were all assholes.
Speaker 11: They all fit the mold perfectly, and like, in hindsight, I ended up wasting so many dates, so many months, so many years, chasing after the wrong one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trying to put somebody like make a list for somebody and dismissing if they didn't check the boxes, and then you can't have fun.
Speaker 9: No, and you want to be able to have fun. I guess my resolutions about dating is be a lot more intentional with who I'm dating and who I'm spending my time with.
Speaker 8: I mean, I would love to serious, way intentionally.
Speaker 5: Date, raising the standard for who I'm willing to give multiple dates to.
Speaker 11: I want to lower my standards.
Speaker 2: I want to give everyone a chance, because then I don't know. There comes a time where I feel like you never know who it's gonna match a freak.
Speaker 1: Okay, zip coding mm mmm, is this like judging someone based on where they live?
Speaker 9: Okay, I have a guess.
Speaker 3: I think maybe you put yourself in a new zip code to see if you can date outside of where you live, if you're like on the apps.
Speaker 11: Oh interesting, Okay, it's actually the opposite of that. People set a very tight radius on their dating app filter so that they keep themselves from meeting anyone outside of their own zip code.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I think people are lazy and don't want to travel.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: To me, it's given convenience.
Speaker 12: It's giving I was doing pretty water, the soil in front of you.
Speaker 1: I mean, such a Yorker, I understand that an Upper east Side to Brooklyn is a long distance relationship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I will say I zip coated.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: And by chance, that is how I ended up meeting my husband because I was very lazy and I did not want to travel to the Upper west Side.
Speaker 14: And you found and you found a nice I did find a very you to our homebody. We fit on the couch perfectly, and he was a fifteen minute walk in my face, and I was like, yes.
Speaker 12: That's a great zip code.
Speaker 8: There's pros and cons to it.
Speaker 3: To see somebody at a coffee shop today, who just anyways.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but what's the kind of person you are?
Speaker 11: I'm trying to apply it to like other cities, but no, I think I'm just overall lazy. I think that if I were in like a city and have to drive for five to an hour and a half away, I got this long distance.
Speaker 12: No, yeah, it's going to happen.
Speaker 8: Too lazy for that. I've better things to do.
Speaker 9: Okay, I like zip coding. I think it's a good idea.
Speaker 8: Hot take dating, Okay.
Speaker 3: You're doing subway takes with the person you're what's dick.
Speaker 1: Like the really strong personalities who are always arguing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, say your most offensive thing on the first day.
Speaker 8: It's not being a political.
Speaker 9: Not being a political yeah, of course.
Speaker 11: So not holding back the very beginning of like what your beliefs are and politics, religion and all of that. Don't put a filter on.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 8: I would imagine that it probably.
Speaker 11: Breaks up or is the source of many arguments for people if they hold it back in the beginning, and then you come to find out you don't have the same beliefs, which is.
Speaker 12: Important right now? Correct, I mean always important, but important?
Speaker 3: Maybe? No, Okay, there, I could play the devil's advocate for a moment. Yes, just because I feel like there is sort of this like moral superiority happening with women on the left who don't date men on the right. There's something about the separatism of that that just makes me go like, I don't know. I mean, I could never do it, Like imagine me dating a Republican or something. It's never gonna it's never gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Some people, some people can do it, though.
Speaker 11: It would be interesting if people could do it now though yeah, I can see like parents and earlier generations doing it right.
Speaker 1: Now when everything was a little more in the middle, more boring and just calm bat but right, like you know, we can we can align socially but not politically, but not politically, And I feel like that's that just doesn't feel as true now right, just like the social is political right now?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 8: Okay, friend fluence.
Speaker 9: M letting your friends decide who you date or not.
Speaker 8: The real matchmakers are the group chat.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm really into this, okay, because I want to be meeting people in person and I'm kind of begging to be set up right now, right, So I think we've lost the art of the setup. I think our one Harry Metsally episode taught that to us, that we have lost.
Speaker 12: All these arts.
Speaker 1: One of my resolutions of like get more connected to community is to like be meeting people more organically and like just why in your circle enough to like let opportunities come to you. Yeah, yeah, but then and then also like no one knows you better than your friends.
Speaker 8: I have also been seeing that double dates seems to be a trend that's starting to happen more now in.
Speaker 1: This Yeah, I mean a double date, first date, I mean, that's that's the one Harry Metsally scene, which is for both.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that would be well, that's also just like super.
Speaker 1: That is fun because it's just like I could see it being just like a low key Hanks, these two people that could be good good for each other.
Speaker 8: That'd be a fun experience.
Speaker 1: I tested that out, and then they can decide if they want to meet again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think that'd be fun.
Speaker 9: More double dates.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, okay, Digital Love coaches.
Speaker 12: No, you know, is it a person or no?
Speaker 8: You know it's Ai.
Speaker 11: No, I know, but it is on the rise and it's gonna be even more so.
Speaker 9: I saw the video of a woman in Japan getting married.
Speaker 3: To her AI character and she's like walking down an aisle and there was like a phone. It's just very her coded, you know what I mean, Phoenix coded.
Speaker 8: See, that's a different level.
Speaker 9: Can I say something else?
Speaker 3: It might be too far where I'm about to go with this, buckle up. AI is so good because it's just always giving you an answer. And as people like you know, historically we pray, even if you're religious or you're not. As a human, you have this feeling of like wonder, you don't know you're allowed to not know, You're allowed to not know about yourself, you're allowed to not know about.
Speaker 9: What things mean.
Speaker 3: But AI is this thing that allows you to like obsess on like reasoning and knowing and answering like all these questions that maybe you should just sort of like sit with, you know, so.
Speaker 12: We don't always need the answer. We don't always need it. You can live in the unknowing and we have to be comfortable.
Speaker 9: With that and it might come up for you. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: This is something that my dad also also says about technology of like now if you're like debating something between friends, or even if you're like, oh, I can't remember the name of that person, you can just look it up and then the conversation's over. We're like, it is kind of a conversation ender to have all the answers like your fingertips or like otherwise you could just like keep talking about that, keep thinking it could be a funny thing that back around.
Speaker 11: Right. Well, I mean I feel like these dating apps are using AI.
Speaker 12: Which is which is part of the reason I'm trying to.
Speaker 11: Get Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I feel like that's probably what we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Because like there has been technology that has like changed the way humans have worked, and like, maybe it won't all be bad, but I do think we should get as anti AI as fucking possible, you know, just because Yeah, I think like it separates us and it sort of outsources a lot of.
Speaker 9: Our humanity in a way that I don't like.
Speaker 6: So I recently deleted the apps, all of them. So, you know what, like I just want to meet someone organically, Like I want like a Hallmark movie, like bump into me on the train at a coffee shop, like knock a book out of my hand and pick it up.
Speaker 2: You know, I do have an interest in a specific age group rather than just like grandomly just date people, So I want to focus on that.
Speaker 11: Well yeah what age?
Speaker 1: Just my age were older than me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I risked the host video of Abby Jacobson, who was like, I turned thirty and then I started asking people out and I turned thirty.
Speaker 12: So I think I have to start asking people out. That's a resolution.
Speaker 11: So there's a bunch of uh dating trends that came up this past year that will likely continue on into this new year. And so I want to ask what you think about them, and if you think they should stay or go essentially, Okay, got it?
Speaker 8: Shreking?
Speaker 9: Oh what is that? It dates a stinky, scary looking boy.
Speaker 11: I think the technical definition for shrekking is dating someone that you're not attracted to in the hopes that this person will treat you better in return.
Speaker 9: That's really funny.
Speaker 3: The thing is, I am always attracted to these men that look like freaks who I'm with, miss there's never a missing attraction.
Speaker 8: It describes dating someone whom the person considers.
Speaker 11: Less attractive or below their league. I think that's what they won't stress.
Speaker 1: Well, this is another one of the things I encountered this with apps. I think that I am more likely to swipe on a less attractive man because I assume that if.
Speaker 12: I'm a little bit out of their league that they will match with me. That's something that I have admitted recently.
Speaker 1: But that's my own self consciousness stopping me from going after the hot people, you know, Like I actually that actually is on my.
Speaker 8: List of things to work less attractive people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think that it's a safer option.
Speaker 11: And you actually didn't swipe on the people that you were attractive.
Speaker 1: I mean, of course I do, But like I think I'm a little scared of them because I'm like, they're out of my league.
Speaker 12: They're going to reject me.
Speaker 8: But because I.
Speaker 12: Could reject these people, right.
Speaker 11: But you know, even those hot people, the minute they talk they oh, I know, dumb, I know, Oh.
Speaker 12: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I think like the people that that I'm saying are below my league are like less conventionally attractive. I don't think that they're actually unattractive, but there is safety in people that are like a little more on or just below your levels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, the whole league thing is so interesting to me because like it's.
Speaker 12: Like it makes me feel like a bad person.
Speaker 8: Say it out loud, but I hope you have said that you like dating the stress.
Speaker 12: Yeah like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't trust hot men. I don't They're boring.
Speaker 12: They're so boring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like every time I've ever dated a conventionally hot guy, I'm like, oh my god, Like, yah, you literally are good for nothing but kissing.
Speaker 9: Like okay.
Speaker 11: But to counter that, we look back at your entire past year of dating and you're thinking guys that you're trying to not see, you know, and they didn't provide you with much.
Speaker 3: The thing is is like I don't totally think about like league so much. I mean, I have a friend who told me one time it's really important to her to date someone hot because of the like social clout it kind of gives her.
Speaker 9: And I think men are that way too. It's like men.
Speaker 3: Date for their like social standing a lot, I think, you know, and so whatever that is probably should just disappear because I don't know, it just it feels like you're sort.
Speaker 9: Of missing out.
Speaker 3: And I think men are always trying to like categorize who they can get and what that says about themselves.
Speaker 9: And it's like, wait, just literally experience someone.
Speaker 8: Let's see, beige flag.
Speaker 3: Excusing in a beige flag is like something that's not so bad, something that's like I.
Speaker 8: Can work with that.
Speaker 1: Maybe I think that's fine because you got to see what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I am a little bit in this place where I'm like, I need to be aligned with the person I'm dating. Like forty four year old did not like subtitles close captioning when we.
Speaker 9: Were watching a show together.
Speaker 13: I don't like, oh, that's a shock for red flag get out, But do you know what they're saying when they're mumbling no, like okay, okay, but that's totally fine.
Speaker 9: You're my friend, not my lover.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, Like what you do with a lover.
Speaker 9: Is you watch a show.
Speaker 3: That's what's amazing about having one is like you can like sit on the couch and watch TV all day.
Speaker 9: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to make you turn off the subtitles. I just I feel like it takes away I'm not able to watch the full screen if they're subtitles.
Speaker 9: That's what he said. I just I turned them off for him.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's why you like, what's going on? What are they saying?
Speaker 9: It's just like I miss them.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you don't always have to know everything.
Speaker 12: Remember what we were just talking to.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they say they use references like I don't know, like a lot of references and girls where I've been.
Speaker 9: Like, hm, I was that a joke?
Speaker 11: Speaking of girls? Great black cat boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Black cat boyfriend, which is kind of like spooky, scary.
Speaker 12: I'm imagining like em and.
Speaker 11: It's an archetype that's the mysterious, moody, quiet but deeply loyal.
Speaker 8: Oh I do like that partner.
Speaker 12: That might be my type.
Speaker 9: I kind of like female friends who have boyfriends like that.
Speaker 11: It's in contrast to the Golden retriever, right, But but it's not like a bad boy, right. It's like think about Conrad like Summurai turned Pretty Jessie Girl and then Chuck Bass Gossip Girl Will from Too Much.
Speaker 9: He's such a great actor, but that was a terrible show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, agreed, that's just your type.
Speaker 9: That's like your husband a little bit. Yes, Like he sort of sits and does.
Speaker 3: What you need him to do, and like he's very helpful and very reliable.
Speaker 9: And like, yeah, he's sort.
Speaker 8: Of he's that moody the way that like Ray is from Girls.
Speaker 9: Is Ray black cat, Ray is more oriented cat.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I feel like hearing all of these in succession and then the conversations we've had was just like everything is just this is just dating, This is just like this is just.
Speaker 12: We don't need to define it in this way.
Speaker 1: This is just the human experience.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 9: I agree with you, Emily.
Speaker 3: I think like these words and these categories and these rules and these trends are amazing, but I also think that like fuck it, like you should sort of just be like walking around every day and seeing what you can get into.
Speaker 1: Done with like the algorithm. I am done with people telling us what we are and I'd rather just like live and figure it out. Be talking about me too, where it's like you just got to live and not be afraid of making the mistake of following the red flag or something.
Speaker 12: You just have to do it and figure shit out for yourself.
Speaker 3: I guess maybe like one rule that I do still think is a good thing to do, but it's to just like care so much less. I guess I was about to say about what a guy thinks, but kind of about what everybody thinks. Like if you're not like right, if you're not hurting yourself, you're not hurting others, like you're not in like an extremely toxic relationship. Like that's a whole different story. But like you do not have to do the trend that everyone is doing. You do not have to date the guy everyone's dating. You do not have to like like you get to just like walk your walk. I mean, and y'all know, I'm like a little bit anti rules in general.
Speaker 9: And so yeah, y'all know about that. Like I almost went.
Speaker 3: To make myself a new set of rules for this year because I would like to maybe do what I've said, but I stopped myself because I was like, I'm not trying to make any decisions, you know what I mean. I'm not trying to like close any I'm trying to focus on what is good for me and follow connection and maybe like spontaneity or whatever, and keep putting myself in spaces where I like the people who are there. That's a big plus. Liking the people you hang out Twenty twenty six is going to be big for me. Since we recorded this episode, I've been thinking more about my own dating resolutions, and my resolution is to not date. As my older sister Anna told me, I don't think I'm allowed to be alone with a man this year. That is a pretty high expectation, but I'm hoping I can stick to it. We've got a lot of learning to keep doing in twenty twenty six, so I'm going to try, and I'm feeling pretty determined to be boy sob once again. I am today twenty six days strong, and I think I will keep going throughout this entire new year. Stay tuned and see how it goes. Thank you so much for listening, and we'll talk to you all next week. Boys Over is a production of iHeart Podcasts. I'm your host, Hopewordard. Our executive producers are Christina Everett and Julie Pinero. Our supervising producer is Emily Meronoff. Our assistant producer is Logan Palau. Engineering by Bahid Fraser and mixing and mastering by Abu Zafar. If you liked this episode, please tell a friend and don't forget to rate, review, and subscribe to boy Sober on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, and wherever you get your favorite shows