Speaker 1: Native Lamb Pod is the production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, well, come.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome home, you guys.
Speaker 1: This is episode eighty seven of Native Lamb Pod. I can't believe it is eighty seven already. We are here to give you the breakdown of all things politics and culture where we give it to you straight, no chaser. If you like what you're hear on today's show, please be sure to let a friend know, like, subscribe, share, tell everybody so we can keep growing our lovely audience. You who we try to include in all of our all of our topics. All right, speaking of topics, what we got today?
Speaker 3: What y'all got?
Speaker 4: What's up? What's up Angela? What you got for him?
Speaker 5: Well, we have a guest I'm excited about Elizabeth A. Booker. Now he's about to mess it up. Elizabeth Booker Houston. Booker squared is what she goes by on Instagram and on TikTok, and y'all have known her for her legendary takedowns and breakdowns of all things politics. I'm thrilled to be shared space with her today.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to hear from her. I don't know her that well.
Speaker 1: You and Angela, you and Elizabeth work together a lot closely, so I'm excited to hear what she has to say.
Speaker 3: I google stalked her a little bit.
Speaker 1: I know her work, but I did google stock her a little bit, So I'm excited to hear from her and connect with her.
Speaker 3: Andrew, what you got?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I want to talk about really an all two silent crisis right now affecting so many people across the country, and that's the affordability of housing. And really this will be a preview to the topic because I think we'll do a follow up, hopefully involving more of our listeners.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Okay, I have something on that. I have a lot to say on that. Well, for me, what I got is the viewers. I yield my time this week because I wanted to hear from the viewers, which I think is most important. And we want to remind you guys, if you have a comment question, even when you disagree with us, we welcome it. This is not a conversation at you, but a conversation with you, So please keep sending us your videos questions. We like to see your lovely faces. And like I said, we welcome disagreement here as well. All right, let's get into it.
Speaker 6: What's up Native landis is Craig and Brooklyn. I just wanted to say happy summer, and I wanted to chime in on your discussion about books. I'm so glad you talk about books. Someone told me once that the way that I make meaning is through words. Many of us love words, whether we are hearing them or reading them, or you know, our grandmothers are speaking to us.
Speaker 7: So I mean just the importance of the word.
Speaker 6: So with that being said, I want to recommend the book by Clint Smith called How the Word Is Passed. Brilliant book. His brother takes a tour through all of the plantation sites in the American South, increased this beautiful narrative about how those sites contribute to our history today. And the funny thing is I read that book right after I read sixteen nineteen. The two together was a very powerful experience.
Speaker 5: So I would recommend that as well.
Speaker 6: Welcome home, y'all, Angela Fifth Andrew love you guys as always.
Speaker 1: I love that sounds of the city, you know, And I wanted to tell you, guys, I felt bad because I was telling y'all, I don't think that listening to books is really reading, and Andrew You're like, yeah, if you're not an auditory learner. And then I felt bad because a lot of people were dming me and saying like, I agree with you, and I try to tell my kids that all the time. And then I'm like, no, your kids might be, you know, auditory learners, like just because I read and process things a different way. So it was it just changed my perspective. But I do appreciate this caller. First of all, Craig was kind of cute. Thank you, Craig.
Speaker 4: Craig, I heard my friend visits New York every now and again.
Speaker 5: I knew that he was gonna because he had his little stroll, like his little gangstery yeah going. I knew he was trying to be cute. And then Tiff went for the bait. Tiff said, what's what your phone number is, Craig, and what's the last name, because we're gonna vet you. Tiff might not vet you, but we're gonna We're gonna We're not gonna google stock, but we're definitely gonna do a background check you.
Speaker 3: Antel Is craggs now girlfriend about to be.
Speaker 8: My name is like, I just want you to know native welcome, you not welcome to my home.
Speaker 1: Okay, or these natively listeners, these ladies might see Craig Crags dms might might be lit up. But thank you black man for walking down the street looking beautiful.
Speaker 5: To send another question next week.
Speaker 3: This time he's gonna be topless running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just wanted to say, anyway, thank you Craigs for your kid.
Speaker 4: In speaking of guys, the.
Speaker 3: Clint Smith, we should have them on. Sorry, and should you know.
Speaker 4: What you said of how many guys ask question she's compared to our women listeners. And I think it's actually prettyparity, Like we get a good balance between really adversity of listeners sending in race wise, gender wise, and so on. So that's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, should you have one white person is sending questions what you talk about?
Speaker 4: No, we've had no, we had two, one from Washington State. We got the brother in Georgia. Uh, white white guy in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: South Carolina. Yeah, okay, true, true, definitely rob so.
Speaker 4: True true true. Okay, another question now period in the statement.
Speaker 5: Well everybody white friend, we have boyfriends.
Speaker 4: We got you know.
Speaker 1: I hope you'll continue to send in your questions and comments. And I just finished dream Count by the way, by Tim and Monday id e t I pronounce her name, But I'm going on next to a side of Shaqueur and angela ry recommendation that is next on my list, So thank you for that.
Speaker 5: All right? If you never read the autobiography of aid No when you when you said it on the O, I was like, you know what, I haven't read that.
Speaker 3: I'm going to read that next love. I already know.
Speaker 5: They're gonna come back next week with an Afro Andrew.
Speaker 1: You don't know if it's a good idea for me to read it as militant as I feel these days, but I'm glad to I'm gonna read it.
Speaker 5: You're gonna want to go, You're gonna want to go find her in Cuba, and you definitely gonna want to get her off. The FBI's most one of this. Now good luck in this environment, but you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Hey, it might be a friend of your environment than you think.
Speaker 5: Nah, not for her, not for her, not for sis this. These people are they trying to put us on there?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, but you know we're present day threats.
Speaker 1: Well, before we get to the present day threats, of which there are many, we have another viewer question.
Speaker 3: Let's roll at.
Speaker 9: Native's Land podcast. Let me make sure I get the name right so Angela does not chew me up again. And also number two, she chewed me up last time because I have a baby in the background, you know, running around in the van while I needed to get this video out. But my name is Tiana, and I'm from Pittsburgh, and I love that Tiffany and Andrew mentions Game of Thrones. I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan and that makes me wonder too sometimes while I'm watching it. It's the current administration under Queen Circe or King Jeoffrey. I know for sure though they're Lanisters. Those are Lanisters in the office.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: I just want to know.
Speaker 9: Your thoughts on it.
Speaker 3: Lighting it up a little bit, peace and have a wonderful.
Speaker 5: Day, y'all.
Speaker 9: I love.
Speaker 5: Did I really yell at her about having.
Speaker 4: Her in the driver seat? It looked like, you know, but can I can?
Speaker 1: I just say, I want to make this very clear, none of us are ever like chewing anybody out for real real, It's all love. It's like when you go to a family reunion and you, you know, played a dozens like whatever.
Speaker 3: Feel okay, all right, I'm still mad.
Speaker 5: At the guy from saying Angela miss crossed. Do you know people were doing that to me?
Speaker 1: At essence, I just thought, I really did think he felt familiar.
Speaker 8: With people thought it was funny, and they sided with me.
Speaker 4: Tip.
Speaker 5: They were like, hey, where's miss crossing? They thought it was so funny.
Speaker 8: I thought it was.
Speaker 4: I took it as he felt close enough to you. Uh to use your first name. What people use your first name is usually out of familiar I want us all.
Speaker 5: I had a saying that either we are on the first name basis or we all miss or miss. That's how I feel about it. I'm never chewing out. I'm never chewing anybody out about kids. I'm saying this part because I don't know nothing about Game of Thrones, so let me take my moment on this. I'm never chowing anybody else about your children. We welcome the kids. You can have your kids on the thing to say hello, we love the kids. Tiff loves the kids, and she loves the dogs. Andrew loves the kids. Wait, wait, Andrew. Andrew does not love the cats, but he loves you know. If you don't know what that's about, go back some episodes.
Speaker 1: Go back and watch the awkward moment episode, especially for.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't watch this is not one for the kids. Do we remember the name of that episode. I don't remember the name of it.
Speaker 3: Oh it was Community Peen. I know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tis only only fans.
Speaker 1: Yes, Angela said that on the show. She said, I know we were about to hear some to be porn. Anyway, y'all can go back and find that episode.
Speaker 3: AnyWho.
Speaker 1: Okay, because angel doesn't watch Game of Thrones, I we will make this brief. I so I disagree Tiana with the choices that she gave. I think they are not Lantis because you know, you remember that each show you thought, man like, these are the worst.
Speaker 4: People were always the worst.
Speaker 1: Though, well, hear me out. Thirsey Lanister was awful. She birth king Jeoffrey. Jeoffrey Lanister was awful, and you just thought, you know, how could I hate these people more? And then we met Ramsey Bolton. So I'm gonna say the Trump administration is Ramsey Bolton on steroids. They were methodical, and how they broke down theon gray Joy and I think that is the equivalent of what we're seeing the Trump administration due to our society right now, Like they have him up on the thing, you know, where they had him like stretched out, Like that's what it feels like the Trump administration is doing to our society. I would say they're Lanister is just for the subtext of incests. You know, this very weird lust that this president seems to have for his own daughter. People forget about that because it's been so much mess. So that's where I would say they're like the Lanisters, but in terms of their cruelty and the imagination of their cruelty, on their sub human treatment of people that we've seen from the iced deportations to these concentration camps that they're building, to how they're how the Big Beautiful Bill is going to impact people with their medicine and medicaid. I would say they are the scum of Winterfell. Uh, the North remembers will always remember, So I say they're Ramsey Bolton. And I invite Angela to Binge because it is an interesting show.
Speaker 4: I'll yeah, I like you did something creative there, But she did say keep it light for him.
Speaker 1: I mean, if there's a lot of parallels.
Speaker 4: Here, there are there are, I'm gonna take a slight exception. I do think at the core there are lanisters, because I think there is a thread that runs through particularly Circe, but her Daddy, Circe and Jeoffrey I think are the three worst of the Lanisters. I'm gonna push this one and say, Queen Denaris last episode crazy hit and in the sense that they took to fire and burned it all down, like it's not just one, that the enemy is not one, right, like she she could have had the enemy as one if the intention was simply to take out the castle, right, but when they really took stock of it and sat into themselves, when she set into who she is, just as the Trumps, now that he knows who he is, what he's gotta do the second Trump two point zero. The man took fire to everybody, and everybody's in the receiving end right now, innocent poor middle rich well healed and not healed at all. So I'm sticking with.
Speaker 3: It, Okay.
Speaker 4: I thought I have.
Speaker 3: Such an issue with this that I have to just correct.
Speaker 4: She went crazy. I'm sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know at the time.
Speaker 1: Nope, at the time when I saw it, I thought, what the hell, Like de Naris has gone crazy. I will tell you I've since revisited because I think her entire point was and I think there's a parallel here.
Speaker 3: In DC.
Speaker 1: There are some innocent people, there are some good people. But if I'm trying to eradicate evil, and it's like, well, you can eradicate evil slowly over time, or you can just blow this bitch up in one fell Jakaris, I don't know what I'm choosing, Like I might think, yeah, if you want to make an omelet, you gotta crack some eggs. And so now seeing the Trump administration, yeah, since seeing what they're doing, I do kind of I understand her more because it was like I to leave you all. It's like Trump can die, but trump Ism will live, and so you still have like all these young people who adopt his ideology. You still have all of these people across America. Everybody's like, oh, I think the election was stolen. I hope so, because I if it wasn't, then that means there are nearly one hundred million people in this country who supports what this man is doing. And so I do kind of understand when she said, you know what, and they were telling her, and she was looking down at all the people, like some of y'all rock with me, but most of y'all don't your card and burned everybody.
Speaker 4: But you're taking it to mean that she used the fire to eliminate evil, And I'm suggesting she she used.
Speaker 1: The fire to eliminate the people who were not loyal to her. So her reasoning may have been.
Speaker 4: Bad, right, And by the way, should leaders look for people who are loyal to them or people who are loyal to the larger, greater vision, larger cause, larger. You're right, and so way, and the Trumps are in parallel alignment in the sense that what they were looking for was feilty to the individual. Denarius at the end of the day wanted filty to her. And at different points we saw different parts of her where it seemed that she was, you know, for the greater good, the greaterst good, for the greatest number. And then I think is she got again closer to the throne and more healed in her seat. The real true Uh style of leadership came forward and I think Trumps are the same way, and their fire is not to eliminate the the enemies. Their fire is to eliminate anyone who would stand in their way. All the institutional structures that are built to hold them accountable. They want to extinguish them. And so I'm Queen de nerus.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I will leave it to the audience. Y'all let us know, because one thing I do miss is after every episode the Game of Thrones, all the black people.
Speaker 4: With them thrones.
Speaker 1: Them thrones was the best thing that ever happened to us as a community. So I am reigniting them thrones. Jakaris setting fire to this discussion. Audience, do you all tell us who are the trumpministration? Did you agree with denars Uh and the way that she handled it? Did we support John Snow of taking out Denares And if anybody, if any one of you all hits me with spoilers, please no spoilers.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna clown you so hard.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, this show is like ten years old now, and I don't really respect you binge watchers because we had to suffer through each week after the we had one wait seven days, right, But if you want to binge watch and ketch up Antel has already shook her head. No, but if some of y'all want to binge watch Angela, you I promise you will not.
Speaker 3: You will not reguise.
Speaker 5: The problem that you have for me is I do not like blood and gore and the one that I saw somebody got castrated. Yes, I don't see that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so every episode is not blood and gore.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing. If you could tell me which ones to avoid, oh lord, if you tell me which ones to avoid, I'm down. But if you can't, I just know it all like Sinners, I had to keep looking like, oh.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 4: It was that you took this g O t this got real series with I was going to be real lighting you like, nah, this is it.
Speaker 3: Well, there are so many parallels in the series.
Speaker 4: But we're moving on.
Speaker 3: We're moving on. We're moving on.
Speaker 1: When when, if, and when Angela beingjwack is we can revisit this conversation, but I definitely want to.
Speaker 5: Hear the thoughts from you. Okay, okay, just feel like my foreign policy lessons.
Speaker 4: Okay, well let's get domestic and if I.
Speaker 5: Okay, everybody. We'll be right back after we pay some bills.
Speaker 4: And I know that we're gonna try to revisit this. We will revisit this topic around housing. But I don't know about you and Tiff and Angela, but from friendship circles or extended friendship circles to reading articles, people constantly talking about housing availability where they live, whether that's in Atlanta, in the city proper that is going through its own regentrification and a mass exodus of people who have always lived in the urban core now having to try to find a place that they can afford outside the urban center, which again creates multiples of problems. Angela, I don't know if you've seen the Seattle data on affordability of housing, but some of our most prosperous cities in the country are also where we're finding the greatest exacerbation of the lack of affordable owners home ownership as well as rental. And what's really problematic about this is I think America by and large has had this idea that the people who are without a home are the ones who deserve to be without a home. They're the people who are addicted somehow, They're the people who don't work and are basically waiting for the government to take care of them. But undeserving folks, right, I take exception with that. I think housing is a human right and everybody should be housed, and we ought to have policy directed toward making sure that we've got folks who are housed. But people do make convenient places in their mind where they think it's okay for people to be without a home. And now what we're seeing is that people who are getting up every day and going to work a job, people with children, married couples who together pooling their resources, still are not able to afford to live in and in many of these cities. And what I'd love for us to explore and and and delving further into this one is what are our listeners experiencing. I'd love to hear wherever you are in the country, o' good enough. I was surprised Alabama, Lower Alabama UH is experiencing its issues around housing affordability. Who would have ever thought, right, And no offense to anybody, but just knowing, you know, having relatives there and visiting that just wasn't That wouldn't have been my first guest. But wherever you are around the country. If you've got experiences that you want to share, make a video express what the conditions seem to be like, what you think are contributories to the issue. We'd love to hear from you here at Native Lampid and then try to get to some of the reasons why. I will tell you with the with the rise of all of these equity uh firms that are basically pulling a non less money, to include a lot of that anonymous money coming from people's pension funds that are being invested on Wall Street, much of the housing market right now has been taken over by by these by these very discreete almost anonymous funding sources that are buying it up. And they have no relationship to the cities, no relationship to the community, no care for anything other than getting their money. And if that means expelling you, putting you and your kids out because you're late two days with the rent, they'll do it. So I think, y'all, I know you both are in cities that probably experienced this u DC tiffany that again some of the highest incomes in the region, but also one of the most extreme divides between those who have and those who have not even in my own city, y'all. I will testify that we have our own issues, Florida being one of the top three places where you cannot afford to live, whether it's rental or buying a home. And I'll tell you, for our our community, the biggest transfers of wealth for us has largely been between the passing of our real estate, our homes that we've owned and poured into. When I was on tribe, my uncle called me, who was in real estate himself, and said, son, I know this legal bill is going to be a lot, but the last thing you can consider it, in fact, you cannot consider it at all. It's taking out another mortgage on your home or putting your house up in any way, shape or form. That is for you, that is for your family, that is for your kids, And the fact that people don't have that to look forward to increasingly in our country is very problematic, but especially for our community.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I have to be honest with you, guys. There are parts of adulting that I do really well and there are parts that I don't. And when it comes to home ownership, that's probably one. I bought my first house when I was twenty seven. I really wanted to buy a home by the time I was thirty, because that's what we were told, that's the American dream, and that's how you wealth build. Unfortunately, I bought this house at the height of the house crisis in two thousand and seven, and ten years later I found myself underwater in my mortgage. I was living far out, and so I used to live far out. I was in like way out Silver Spring, not downtown Silver Spring, but way out Silver Spring. But I remember when you had your house out that like townhouse. I remember head to get thirtieth birthday party there. And but my point is none of us were living in the city, you know, the the hot area, and I just hated being out there. My whole life was in the city, and I had this incredibly tortuous commute. I was spending three hours each day, an hour and a half in traffic going back and forth. And one day I blew up my entire life and I just came home and said, I don't live here anymore. And I called my realtor and explained to her, and she said, well, someone's feelings is going to get hurt in this.
Speaker 3: It's going to be yours or it's going to be the banks.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I said, the bank so fast, I don't give it, Damn the bank. I'm standing out here miserable for these three little numbers, and now ten years have coming gone, and I think about what people have gone through, what the housing crisis did to black wealth in this country, and we never really corrected for it. And this was on top of decades of redlining and housing policy that just you know, decimated our chance at this American dream. So I'm not an expert here. I really hoped of viewers take you up on that, Andrew, and send in your stories, because our friend Latasha Angela went through similar things looking for a house in Atlanta. People here in New York are offering, you know, two hundred thousand over the asking price just to be able to afford a place. I didn't even know what was going on in Seattle. So this seems to be something that's happened that's affect impacting all regions of the country. So I'll have more questions for you guys about it than I do answers. But I wanted to get a little testimony just so y'all can be encouraged. Don't be embarrassed by your problems, because I'm telling y'all, I did a short sale on my home and walked away from it in service to my peace, and I haven't regretted since at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I I you know, it's funny tip because you brought up my thirtieth birthday party. I lived in Boui Bouie, Maryland, and was so excited to buy my first house and I wanted to do it also by the time I was thirty, So how I celebrated my birthday was with that house. And what is so crazy is, you know, people talk often about financial literacy being something that we really need, but one of the things we learned on the tour is that even when you're financially literate and you do have all the tools, if you still don't have the resources, your literacy means nothing because you don't have the capability or the capacity to do the things that you need to do. I, however, was both financially ignorant and didn't have all the capacity because I was working on the hill. I had a lot of tools that a lot of folks didn't have, Like you know, the Congressional Federal credit Union.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 5: Ways that I could borrow against my retirement, which is part of the reason why what happened with Maryland was so inflammatory to me. But I did those things and then still now found myself kind of house poor because I wasn't making enough money to pay for the mortgage, didn't realize all the HOA fees. There was some other like random ass water feed five thousand dollars that they would pop up every now and then, and I got to the point where I was also really frustrated living in the house. I got a loan modification because on the hill you get exposed to these things because banks wanted to release you know, members and their staff and like, even though it was supposed to be further constituents. I was like, let me tell you something real quick, I actually need one of these too, And so I got my loan modified, and I felt myself really resenting my realtor and the person who structured my bank loan, because there were a lot of things they did that weren't helpful. The realtor and the lender were married, and so they did what was necessary, yeah, to help each other, but not necessarily to help me. So again this is where literacy meets lack of resource. I'm trusting who's right there because I'm like, well, I just know I need to hurry up and close on this house. Saying all that to say, I wish that somebody would have told me that the only way that there's more than one way to reach the American dream. And some of that is by eliminating debt, not creating new debt. Some of that might be investing in different things in your furro one k and putting more money in there. Like what I've learned over the last couple of years. You know, my furro one k has almost tripled its value having the right broker, the right financial advisor. So there are all these things that I've learned from trial and error. All I would ask, just like Tiff just did, is please learn from the words of my testimony, so you do not dare repeat these things at home. And if you find yourself I'm in a situation where desperation has come in, or where your hard hit, or where you don't know how you're gonna make ends meet, please don't be afraid to speak up, because you will be astonished by the number of people who are in the exact same situation and trying to figure out how to pay rent or how to try to figure out how to pay the mortgage and that h o a fee, trying to figure out what we'll suffer trying to pay tax that on top of that, you got to lean on your house. I had that too, right, So there are all of these things that come up and we don't know how to get out of it because we haven't learned the different tools to use to apply them in the process. That's it, rent is too damn high and then fix it.
Speaker 4: Across the country and.
Speaker 1: A protections and it's interesting guests coming up. Has also dealt with housing uh insecurity and actually impacted her health living in substandard housing when she was growing up to get asthma.
Speaker 3: And yes I did learn this by Google stalking her.
Speaker 5: Call it stocking.
Speaker 1: Don't go anywhere, guys, because on the other side of this break, we're going to bring in an amazing guest, Elizabeth Booker Houston.
Speaker 3: You don't want to miss this, y'all.
Speaker 7: Think my husband will buy me when they get Brother of the thirteenth.
Speaker 5: Of Okay, everybody, we are thrilled to be joined by the good sister Elizabeth Booker Houston. She is a stand up comedian. She is an attorney. She is a mama, she is a wife. She is Trump's arc enemy, and she also works for her man steal in the administration. I don't know how she keeps her day job, but she keeps her day job. I'm gonna remind him every day. She's the biggest forget bone thugs in harmony. We got Elizabeth Booker Houston thugs in harmony, and she is making it happen every single day on social telling us what it is, debunking misinformation, and she does it with the smile, with brilliant and with zest. Y'all can't even stand this. Elizabeth, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 7: Well, thanks y'all, thank you for having me. It's nice to see you again. Andrew and Angela and Tiffany. We did not get to meet last time, but I know I'm excited to talk to you.
Speaker 4: She missed a flight.
Speaker 5: She was Tiffany, remember Andrew, she was Tiffany.
Speaker 4: And Jael got canceled. I know I was saying Tiffany got canceled, so I hate that I haven't.
Speaker 1: But I will tell you I am familiar with your work, Elizabeth, and I.
Speaker 3: Love what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I say this on the show Alis, so angel has heard this before. But I just I have a level set respect for people who went to law school because I think everyone I know anyway who went to law school has a different way of thinking.
Speaker 3: It seems to be more linear.
Speaker 1: It's also more concise, like you know, bullet pointed for me, and I always tell young people like, yeah, go to law school because you don't have to be a trial attorney. You don't have to you know, practice law at a firm. There are so many careers. You can be a policy person and you can also be a stand up comedian. But I will say the whole right now, the whole idea and concept of being in law school in America to learn a constitution that we are understanding is pretty much meaningless going forward.
Speaker 3: Has I think put some question marks on a lot of us.
Speaker 1: So you and Angela both went to law school. I'm just I don't even know if I have a question. I'm just not what that even means these things.
Speaker 7: I'm going to tell you. It's a struggle because I'm also a law professor, so having to teach my students, you know, I just I told my two l's and three l's this past semester. I was just like, I'm so sorry the y'all are still in these unprecedented times, because it just seemed like every week whatever I had to teach them did not apply. There's this Supreme Court case called Chevron, because I focus on administrative law and food and drug law. Like you said, there's a lot of different ways to be a lawyer. I don't practice. I did a hot minute in court and I did well, but I was crying all the time. So I was like, this is not for me. So I came to DC as a regulatory council in the FDA as a fellow under that man in the White House back in twenty seventeen, and I teach a lot of administrative law and Chevron was like the big case for forty years. Yeah, and it got overturned last summer. So I didn't know what to do with my whole first two lessons for the semester because I'm like, I don't know what I have for y'all. So it's just been really very much trying to keep up with what's going on and flying by the seat of my pants. A lot of times.
Speaker 1: Well, because you brought up the Chevron case, can you just give us a quick breakdown of that. This was a huge blow to environmentalists. I remember our friend Van Newkirk, a writer with The Atlantic, was covering this case. I could attempt to give a breakdown, but you'd probably do it a lot better.
Speaker 7: I can try, so. Chevron deference basically said that administrative agencies that's the FDA, the CDC, the NIH, all of these federal agencies that are under the executive branch, but they're given their authority from Congress.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: They said that if they are interpreting an ambiguous statue, so the Food and Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, that's what gives the FDA its power. That's the statue that created the FDA. That's the authority that the FDA works under. If there is something ambiguous in there that has to do with, say, regulating tobacco, because that's one of the things that FDA has regulatory power over. They have said that Chevron difference means that the agency's interpretation gets difference, meaning that the court's got to listen to them. And it made good sense because the whole reason these agencies exist is these are the experts, the scientists, the doctors, all the people that Congress is definitely not and so that's the whole reason these agencies exist because you know, Congress can't pass or the least they shouldn't be passing laws and regulations about things they don't understand. Well, the Supreme Court overturned that, and it was a big slash to agency authority. And that was just step one of everything, because now we see that this administration is completely completely dismantling all of the federal agencies, but the layoffs, the mass terminations, all of that. So they're trying to get these experts out of So when you talk about environmental activists being very concerned, this was a big blow, say to the EPA, for example, because it didn't give them the dame.
Speaker 1: Upheld the Reagan era if he had the Reagan era have the eighties that conservatives celebrated, and it upheld the Reagan era interpretation of the Clean Air Act. And as you probably will explain, communities of color, Black communities in particular are disproportionately adversely impacted by that.
Speaker 7: Yes, we are seeing that with my hometown. I've made some videos about it and talked about it. But with XAI down in Memphis, Tennessee, where we are seeing violations of what would have been I guess at that point you would have called it maybe Biden era Clean Air Act, because there were regulations passed under his administration. It would violate that. And they purposely put this Elon Musk supercomputer monstrosity in the middle of the poorest, blackest neighborhood in Memphis, Tennessee, and they are violating how we would interpret the Clean Air Act under the Biden Harris administration. But as you said, we're going back to Reagan era interpretations, and so it's a little bit squishy as to whether they will succeed in court and fighting against this big, huge machine that is polluting the air, in the water in the area.
Speaker 5: Can you talk a little bit about that too, Elizabeth. I think it's been fascinating just to see I don't have as many ties to Memphis as you do, but it's certainly become a place that has touched my heart, has become near and dear to me. There's a group of activists there called the Squad. Shout out to Tammy Keidrin, Earle Andre and others who have always had the conscience of the community at heart, and it's been as amazing to me. We finally got this white Dixiecraft mayor out. There's a black mayor who has sided with Elon Musk on this supercomputer on XAI, despite the fact that it is very clear that there the emissions being let out from this this entity are causing great harm to the surrounding communities. How is he justifying that and how should the community hold him accountable and responsible for that? And what's the point if we got black elected divisions, if they're not gonna do right by black people, don't even get me.
Speaker 7: Start out, Mayorpleso, that's it.
Speaker 5: Start start, start, start, how he start?
Speaker 7: That's the one. Mayor Paul Young, Lord Jesus, you know, I don't like him. I don't like him. I don't think he actually cares about those black communities. I don't really think he cares that much about Memphis. I think he cares about power. I think he cares about having attention. I think he likes having the position of mayor. But if he actually cared about these communities, he would definitely not be signing with Elon Musk. I think he's trying to justify it because of the whole economic advantages to the city, which, mind you, this supercomputer only takes about thirty people working in that facility to make it go. They are not creating jobs. Because people want to make comparisons to FedEx, because yes, we have FedEx and Memphis. Yes, FedEx has pollution, you know, at similar levels. FedEx also employs most of the city. FedEx is also providing services. It's not perfect. We want to address the environmental impact issues of Vetex. But just because there's this one company there which is employing a lot of people in the city and they have some environmental issues to work on, doesn't mean we should just give away our city to other big factories. So he's basically trying to say, oh, if they build XAI here, then they're going to build a whole bunch of other industries here Memphis, which, by the way, we don't want that. I grew up in South Memphis. That's where I was originally from when I was born, and I have a ton of health issues to this day because of growing up in that part of the city. I actually got to meet Mayor Brandon Scott at essence best Mayor of Baltimore, and I looked at him and I said, can you can you go talk?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 7: Oh, y'all, can you go maybe to Memphis and maybe talk to him about how to be a mayor of a black city because he's missing the mark. So I don't know, maybe I was petty, but.
Speaker 4: No, we talked, you know, we talked earlier about I'm actually really glad that we're spending a little bit of time on some of these issues that show up for people every day in there, and they're local communities. As a former mayor myself, you know, even when I visit places, I'm looking at medians and how they're maintained. I'm looking, you know, paying attention to the roads and how they're being treated, and obviously the things like water and water quality. But housing topic we address a little bit earlier in the show is probably one of the greatest undersung, under voiced issues confronting Americans. The majority, I've got to say, the majority of us. If you're not in a rural place that may be experiencing some depopulation issues, maybe you're in you know, just a regular city town in anywhere America where even there, if you're an aging person you're not able to find independent living that is at your price point, and you certainly aren't able to get into assistant living facilities without the help of your Medicare and probably other supplemental insurance to be able to afford that right. If you are young person who believes that the American dream is one day being able to own a home, if you are like the three of us hosts before the age of thirty, you know that dream is extinguished for many people. I'm curious, just based off your policy experience, obviously your care and love for the city that you're from, but for cities, for localities, how did we get to frankly, World War two, post World War two levels of housing unaffordability, and of course the World War two crisis driven by the fact that we had soldiers returning who you know, had unpresident in numbers who just didn't have housing. How do we go from that to here today? No real explainable reason. How it is that housing is so unaccessible for people.
Speaker 7: Well, instead of looking at it as a human right, we treated it as a commodity. I mean, that's what it comes down to, is about making money. And you're talking to the right person because when I said I spent a hot minute in court, I took some lords to court. That's actually what I used to do. I worked in the Medical Legal Partnership Clinic in Labonnar Children's Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee. And how that worked is the doctors, the nurses, everybody would be treating these children coming in with issues after issue after issue, but we would find that they're not going to get healthier. They're taking the medicine as they should, they're going to the doctors they should, but there's a legal need and underlying legal need that the doctors cannot handle. And so that's when we would come in and provide promono legal services. And oftentimes that was me taking slum lords to court so they could get out of these leases and get into some safe, you know, actual good housing, or to force the slumblards to clean up the vice because it was just keeping these kids sick, and we just we treat housing as another product rather than understanding that it is the place that's supposed to be where children and families and individuals are safe, where they could be healthy, or they could be sheltered from the weather, where they can make sure they have somewhere to go lay their heads at night and not worry about, you know, the elements outside or elements coming inside. And that shift in thinking about property, I mean, we see it all the time. There's Netflix shows about real estate moguls, you know, and about how many millions of dollars they can get in all their commissions for selling houses. That's how we've looked at this. We're looking at it as if this is a want and not a need for every single individual. And that shift in thinking, this idea that not everybody deserves a home, but a home is something you're supposed to, I don't know, basically kill yourself trying to get that, I think has been the biggest attack. I'm making sure that people have affordable housing. And y'all were all talking about buying your first home. And I remember I was not under thirty, but I was thirty one when I bought my first home, and my husband was a stay at home dad at the time, so even though I was married, I bought the home completely in my name, so the mortgage was just in my name, even as a married woman. And that was such a big deal because my dad didn't buy his first house until he was almost in his fifties, and so he was really proud that I was able to do that, but there were so many barriers to get there. I was going through a first time home buyer's program, and it became apparent to me after the fact that they were being very discriminatory against me when I was buying the song, because days before closing, they told me, oh, we can't move forward unless you have an entire year's mortgage payments and arrears after the down payment, after the closing, cause you need to have twelve months of your mortgage payment. And I happened to be a little savior at the time, and I was very fortunate to be able to save the money, and I said, okay, no problem, and the way the finance person on the phone went oh oh oh. I was like, yeah, I can send you bank sayments. Sure, I have another account with that money in there, and it was like they were shocked. So there's the discriminatory aspect to it too. So when we talked about the housing situation, we're talking about redlining, we're talking about discriminatory practices. I remember looking at the application for my financing and they marked the races black and it said, how did you find this information? And it says social media? Because I had never seen these people in person. I had only talked on the phone and gone over email. I thought that was crazy because this was still in that kind of COVID times. I had a little baby, like, you know, so I wasn't out there meeting up with people in person or anything. It was just on the phone and over email. And they treated me very funny, especially being a black woman who is married to and I'm married to a white man, but a black woman who was buying the house completely in her name. It was like it bothered them for some reason.
Speaker 4: Bet. Yeah, but it's funny. What's interesting in that story is both you and Angela mentioned the trust around the banking piece. You know that they you know, these instruments that they tell you about and the stuff that they you know, very conveniently omit these conditions that again get added by the bank to add comfortability to their lending, so to speak. But these are also the same people who took families who lived in homes for thirty forty years, who never missed a mortgage payment whatsoever, who went to those same black families presenting a better option for them repackaging their loans and turn their situation completely upside down. A lot of the untold story I feel about the housing crisis is the one that we've been fed, is that there were a lot of people who were unqualified getting access to houses that they shouldn't have ever had and could never have afforded. Not true. Overwhelmingly, the crisis in the housing industry was bought on by greedy banks, with greedy incentivized negatively or positively for them, but negatively for the rest of us. Incentivized to package these things repackage was what were otherwise stable loans and to now unstable loans that looked good for a couple of years, and then the bottom falls out and put a whole generation of folks into a tail spin and eliminated untold wealth in this country overnight. But it wasn't individuals who were uneducated or didn't know enough about what they were doing. Y'all knew what we knew what we needed to know at the time to accomplish the goal that yet set for ourselves. We didn't expect, however, on the other side, to meet an untrusting partner who was only interested and their incentivized bottom line, the bonuses that they could get by basically duping us into situations that were untenable. And they all knew it, yet they were complicit. In fact, they created it and were complicit with the whole ruse. And now we're sitting in a situation where people can't afford rents where they live. There's zero protection in most places. A lot of people hear about protections for folks in rental units in New York City, but New York City is a complete and total exception, and even their rules are not perfect. And most communities there's no protection for folks who are renting housing, which is the condition that a lot of our people find themselves in. And so I'm wondering, given your years, Angela, even your years in DC, what does it take for the kind of regulation that's necessary in this country to come forth. Because this is a bipartisan issue, it's a non part of an issue. Republicans and Democrats are suffering the saying, how do we get the lawmakers? What? What is what has got them gripped so much so that they can't unleash themselves to be our advocates on housing.
Speaker 5: They can afford need at all.
Speaker 1: And also, Elizabeth, your your expertise isn't focused on housing but public health.
Speaker 4: And regulationships you focus regulation.
Speaker 1: You're the intersection of how housing impacts public house.
Speaker 7: It's very strong. I actually used to work with an organization in Memphis called the Healthy Homes Partnership, and so we worked on trying to make sure that the homes were safe, were healthy. We don't have enough focus on that, and we talk about pricing people out. The worst thing about this is we are pricing people out of having safe, habitable homes. Like you don't deserve anything but a hovele unless you make you know, X amount of money. That doesn't make any kind of sense. And we're starting to see some shifts. So I'm a Montgomery County, Maryland resident. Now I've lived here fram a state year, and I've noticed that there have been some shifts to try to do things like cap increases in rent. I know Tacoma Park, Maryland, is particularly good about this, but Tacoma Park is still an expensive place to live. We're still not seeing the equity that we need. I would say that being in Maryland compared to Tennessee over the last few years, I see a higher level of equity than I've seen back home. But as you pointed out, Andrew, it's still not to the level that we need it to be. It's still not where we need it to be. There are still homeless people sleeping by the Metro. There's no reason in this country why anybody should be homeless. It makes no sense to me why anybody is unhoused anywhere in this country. We have too much money, we have empty homes, we have empty apartments. There's no reason except again to treat this as a commodity and try to use it as a form of conspicuous consumption. And a lot of it comes down to that conspicuous consumption. I got to look like I have something, And not only do I have to look like I have something, but I have to make sure that you don't have something so I can feel good about myself. And that's what we've been doing. And I've also been on a ti rate about multigenerational housing. I purchased a multiti generational home in December. My husband and I we're very happy to do this. It has multiple little living situations going on. And my aunt, who is seventy, she is retired. She is living in the guest house of the home, and it has a walk out basement apartment, so when the time comes to my parents can live in the home. And right now my best friend is there. It was my child's godmother, and she's helping out with things like childcare. White supremacy has done such a number on taking this concept of multigenerational living and intergenerational living and treating it as a failure and that you have to follow this rugged individualism and have a nuclear family and one home for your family, and if you don't have that, you are a failure, rather than understanding that you bring your family together and you pull resources to be safe, live together and help each other out. And again, I know that's really a policy point, but I feel like we need a shift in that cultural thinking of understanding that this kind of living does not actually work, especially someone who has birthed and is now raising a child. We should not be alone postpartum raising these.
Speaker 4: Kids, none of us.
Speaker 3: It's very American.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was going to ask, and I'm switching gears quite a bit, but I know that you've experienced this for all of us as show hosts, as content creators. In many ways, podcast hosts. Tiff is of course a former TV host and I know that will change again soon and she'll be back on air. But I want to ask you what drove you into the content creation space and what gaps were you feeling? Right? Like normally when we go in to do these things, there's a passion that is leading us. I remember I think it was gerald Dee Mariba who wasn't seeing in and was recently overprogramming a degree almost like have you heard of her? And I was like, oh my god, I love her because you could dress people down quickly but still very clear. You know, you can understand you, but your mouth is going quick, and you could break it all down in ways that I think you know a lot of people respect and for all the people that was mad enough to cut you, was doing it all for them, you guys, I will tell y'all know I'm a snitch. So I saw Elizabeth's daddy and Jackson. I said, how do you feel when she cuts? Because my dad went off on me a vodcast. He's like, I don't like it, but it's okay. So Elizabeth, I would do want to come to you on you know, why do you do it? And when you're talking to young people about where their space is and how to find their lane if they are to do content creation, what do you what do you advise them?
Speaker 7: Definitely find that space that feels right. And I, you know, I go against every single rule when it comes to any kind of content cration. I don't post on the schedule. I don't stick to one kind of thing. My niche is basically politics, but that's so varied and wide. And then sometimes I'm just cracking jokes, supposed to stand up videos, and you know, I feel like that. I know it's like running on vibes, you know, the whole generational thing. But that's really what it is. Is what feels right, What feels right in my spirit. That is what drives everything that I do. That's what drove me going to law school. That's what drove me getting my master's and being a scientist. At one point I had started my law career, so I don't want to go back to being a scientist because it felt right in the moment, and that's what I did. And I know that was such a shift, but it was the thing to do. And when it came to content creation, what happened is there was a global pandemic. I was home with a baby, I was on a maternity leave, and I had just so happened to be the first JDMPH grad from the University of Memphis, and I was trained at the CDC's Public Health Law program in epidemics, pandemics, quarantine, isolation law, all this stuff. And I told myself, this doesn't feel super relevant, and so I had shifted into privacy law. And then a whole pandemic happened, and I realized, oh, I'm sitting on a whole bunch of knowledge that not a lot of people have at this intersection. Because I started having people who were my mentors, who had been ten twenty thirty years in the law calling me and saying, we know that you are one grad from Memphis who understands this. Can you break down this information for us and how this works? And so I realized this might be useful on a wider scale. And so it started off getting on TikTok, just kind of cracking jokes. I lost my brother back in twenty seventeen to gun violence, and so I've made I do a lot of dark humor jokes. I made this little trend we were raiding our siblings. I raided it all, all four of my siblings. When it got to my brother, I gave before out of ten because I said he up and died. And you know, that had people laughing because they were like, not you rating him low because he died. I said, hey, it is what it is, and you know, kind of built up a little bit of a following there. But I realized, oh, I can actually give people some information too, So I started talking about emergency use authorizations on vaccines, how the vaccine approval process works, all of this stuff, and doing it in a way that was, you know, entertaining for people. And so I think people started to appreciate it, and so I just kept doing it. And as long as people find what I do useful, I'll keep doing it. And when it's not useful anymore, I'll go do something else.
Speaker 3: Well, we love it, and we're grateful to you.
Speaker 1: We are running out of time, but I want to close with you actually work at the FDA, the Angeli pointed out under the Trump administration, the FDA has been the focus of a lot of challenges with the lack of regulation around food safety. Of course, vaccine means so you're under rfk's agency. Is there anything that we should know? We don't want you know. We we need somebody in this administration with some sense, So we don't want to put you in a bad situation. But what are the things that we should be most concerned about given what's happening.
Speaker 7: Well, you can't put me in a bad situation, because they send them around the forum the other day asking us to snitch about de I, and I submitted and said that the whole administration is a bunch of mediocre white men. So and caullify the fact that I'm not fired every day is insane.
Speaker 5: But anyway, Yeah, I got you there.
Speaker 1: On the side, and we we haven't met in person, Elizabeth, but I love that I will.
Speaker 4: Protest for you, but I will protest.
Speaker 8: For you for you take the strip.
Speaker 7: I don't know what they're doing, but I will say this, measles. We need to be very, very concerned about measles. We have the highest rate of musles in the United States that we have had in the past two decades, and we need to be very careful and watch very closely about what they're doing with dismantling this vaccine board, with trying to dismantle vaccine approvals within the FDA. Because the FDA handles approvals, it's through our biologics, the Center for Biologics, that's SBIRD and FDA, and pay close attention to that because I feel like it's not getting the coverage it should. And we've already seen what happened with COVID having a resurgence of diseases that we can prevent preventable communicable illnesses come back up, especially when the school year is going to start back up next month. Yes, we got to be careful. We have to make sure and I know in our community especially there's a lot of vaccine hesitancy. People have misconceptions about the syphilist childs at Tuskegee. But vaccines are safe, they are effective. We need to make sure our babies have their MMR vaccines. We need to get our teaters and make sure that we are up on our MMR vaccines, that our levels are good, to make sure we don't need a booster. That would be my number one thing that I would say to really really watch out for. That is the thing that scares me the most.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you on the piece. I know we're running. But this is this year on the out, which is if you need if you've already been inoculated or vaccinated as a younger person against measles, is it the case that the strand is of a different nature that we're experiencing in this cycle, and therefore people previously inoculated not need to do something yet.
Speaker 7: But that's the risk. That's the risk, is the spreading enough that it mut takes, just like it kept doing with COVID. And so that's why I say, also, if you've been inoculated before, you need to go get it's called a teeter t I tr e. Go get your teeters checked at the doctor's office to make sure that you still have the right back you know, basically the levels you need in your body to prevent infection. And if those levels are not where they need to be, they'll let you know if you need to get another shot. And again I always tell people I'm very open about it. I have an autistic son. He has five years old. He's beautiful, he's amazing, he's fantastic. Vaccines do not cause autism. It is genetic. It is also could be hereditary. They do not cause autism. And I'm gonna tell you right now, I'd rather have my living, beautiful, happy, healthy baby boy than a child who has died from a preventable illness. I will tell you that every day.
Speaker 1: Hey man, Well, thank you so much, Elizabeth Booker Houston. You'll have to come back because I feel like we don't even get into the FDA stuff, so we should have you back really soon. But thank you so much for joining us today. And don't go anywhere at home, because we're going to get into CTA's On the other side. I love that we had Elizabeth Booker Houston on. I thought that conversation was so helpful, and hopefully the audience did too. But it is that time to get to calls to action, so let's fire them off.
Speaker 4: You know what. Just in the theme of us talking about this issue around housing, I would just encourage, encourage, encourage people to look local and figure out what are some of the reasons why it is that housing seems to be so scarce, whether it's rental or affordable. You'll learn that many of the culprits on this issue can be addressed right where you live.
Speaker 5: And sticking in the financial lane, something that I'm working on right now. Because things have changed so much for us in this environment. We used to be raking in speaking engagement money, it's harder. People are trying to ask you to come speak for less. Dealing with stuff with my mom and helping to manage her care, resources are stretched a lot more thin. So I would encourage people to one keep me honest to this, but also try to keep yourselves honest in this. It's a good time to start relooking and re examining your budget. How are you spending your money? How much are you spending on food, on clothes, on gas, on carb notes. Check to see where you can trim the fat, and keep asking yourself what do I need? And if it's not something that's needed, think about how you can have a treat less. Often I need to have a lot less street so I can fit my clothes. By the way, but we'll talk about them treats next time.
Speaker 4: I love it all right.
Speaker 1: I got three quick ones. One please send the video, like Andrew Ass. If you're going through challenges with real estate housing, we really want to hear from you, and hearing your voices helps add some texture and meet to the show. So I'd love to hear your testimony, especially since we put our business out there, we would love to have somebody all's business.
Speaker 3: Please. And two I just lost my train of thought. It's going to come to me. Oh survey. Yes, we have a survey, and we would love for you all.
Speaker 1: To participate in the survey because that's going to help determine the future of NP and we want to make sure that we're incorporating your thoughts as well. And if you complete it, there are some prizes for you and for the person who completes it the fastest, you will get Angela Ri's personal cell phone number, which I will deliver to you myself. Okay, misinformation, I won't do that, but please just please complete a survey. Be on the lookout for it. We'll let you guys know when that drop. So I just want to give you all a hits up. And then my last CTA is just my own complaint, but I keep saying it and I don't think enough people have heard it. Nobody wants to hear your goddamn conversations. Please use your ear but at air in public spaces because when you when you don't do it, I'm gonna just start joining in the conversation.
Speaker 4: Conversations.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just start jumping in. I'm gonna just say, wait, girl, what happened? And if you don't want if you don't want me to hear anything, get off. Oh I hate it. I hate it.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 4: Stistic.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it is like only get everyone that.
Speaker 5: I'm like, if I'm walking down like the hallway.
Speaker 3: I hate that. I hate that. It's like, yeah, it's consider it.
Speaker 5: I'm trying not to keep the phone to my ear. I'm not thinking that they use it. I want to ask somebody. But if I can't, like I sometimes now I move with just my little you know this tip. I'm moving with just this and I don't even have my airplane.
Speaker 3: What got me this first?
Speaker 4: So I love it again. Just the people who consider themselves.
Speaker 1: That's how I that's how I experience it. It drives me crazy. And if I'm on a flyer, this one man said, no.
Speaker 5: I don't watch a movie.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's to me, all of it is.
Speaker 1: But when we don't correct the first social grace, it keeps escalating. And so now I ask people like can you please use your earbuds? And this man was like he was about to watch a movie. He's like, it's on low. I'm like, it doesn't matter. And he kept doing it, and I was like, Sarah, I'm asking you to do it, but I can ask them to ask you to do it if that's better. And he wouldn't. And I'm definitely that person. Excuse me, flight attendant, this man right here.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you got a problem.
Speaker 1: Please, I think in any space when I'm walking down the street, like, get off your it's just I don't like they're.
Speaker 3: Walking the street.
Speaker 5: Yes, use your earbuds in your privacy of your own home.
Speaker 3: That's it, privacy of Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: It's really please, it's really really insane to me that this is not an obvious thing.
Speaker 5: But it is not like to be on a public street and I'm walking past I can't be on speaker.
Speaker 4: That's to me that all of it is offensive. But but please, we are in this cordant space and for some reason you have determined in your mind's eye that the whole plane that everybody knows.
Speaker 8: I said that everybody's about the street there.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about everybody in the store line. Everybody store too.
Speaker 3: I agree with the store, I say, the street.
Speaker 5: Do you think you're outside or like in a mall.
Speaker 1: Like never right, it's just if you guys blah blah blah and what y'all think about blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't want no videos about this.
Speaker 5: I definitely want videos on this. You guys, send in all the comments. I want to hear that.
Speaker 3: Sending a video, y'all.
Speaker 5: Don't wait a minute. Here's the thing, So Tiff can have eighty six C t A can't walk down the street.
Speaker 4: No, but y'all appropriated time for her to have five one.
Speaker 5: We have a call to action, but you.
Speaker 4: And your conversation with everybody under the sign and while.
Speaker 5: Walking we're okay.
Speaker 1: Well, my CTA was really part of y'all CTA. I'm giving Angela CTA. Send in your comments about what y'all think about being on speakerphone, Andrew ct A sending your videos and my c in the group ct A for complete the surveys.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Well, as always, we do want to remind you guys, if you like this conversation, please not only participate in it, but like, subscribe, share, spread the word. We really want to keep expanding the folks who are a part of this conversation, so we encourage you all to help us to do that and check out our girl, Jamel Hill, who I just love get to be friends with people I'm a fan of, and I just I coseplay Jamail when I'm out in these streets. I'll be trying to talk sports to these people, and I know I don't know what I'm talking about, but I just think she's one of the coolest people.
Speaker 3: The first submission, I'd like to edit that out of the show.
Speaker 4: Talking about I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Tell somebody on speaker, but I say things I like. Sometimes I repeat what I hear Jamel say.
Speaker 3: You know the show what the hell about?
Speaker 1: Well, anyway, my point is check out the shows on Reasent Choice Media.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jammel Hills on r c M with her show's politics. S Cup also has a show Off the Cup, not Off the Cuff, but Off the Cups c PP. I see what y'all did there, So please sure to check out those two shows, and don't forget to follow us on social media and subscribe to our text or email on Native lamppod dot com. We are Tiffany Cross, Angela Right, and Andrew Gillham.
Speaker 3: Y'all there, are.
Speaker 1: I don't even know why we bother to say this, but there are four hundred and eighty one days until mid term elections. If they back, I'm happy, So maybe we should do the mini pod this week on that do y'all wanted to ask?
Speaker 3: Okay, check out the mini pot.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get into mid term elections for now, four hundred and eighty one days until these midterm elections, if they happen to happen.
Speaker 4: Welcome home, Welcome home, We'm home morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining the natives attentional with the info and all of the latest re regulum and cross connective to the statements that you leave on our socials. Thank you sincerely for the patients reason for your choice is cleared, so grateful it took to execute roads. Thank you for serve, defend and protect the truth human in pace. We'll walk a home to all of the natives. We thank you.
Speaker 4: Native Lampard is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.