Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All right, Rory, Today we are back back joined by another friend of the show, somebody that we probably even talked about the last fifteen years of our lives.
Speaker 1: I guess something like that.
Speaker 2: Been that long, probably, I feel like we've been podcasting for like twenty years. Yeah at this point, Yeah, gentlemen, that we've been talking about stayleing the culture, one third of the most iconic, most fashionable, most legendary groups in hip hop history. But now you know, obviously stepping out doing his own thing, and he's here to join us today to talk some shit talk, some music talk, some culture talk, a lot of the things that you know, we'd like to talk about here day to day Ymas Show. Today we are joined by Gwynett County legend Moshit.
Speaker 3: You're a love of studio audience. All right, So before we get started, I have to ask what happened in Tom Square last night because it kind of looked like Jonestown a bit. I wasn't sure if you were starting to cult, if people were sacrificing themselves.
Speaker 4: I just saw a lot of littered bodies laid out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there wasn't much you have some funny times Square yesterday and.
Speaker 5: Put the bodies on the phone shots of content and I mean it was me just letting the world know I'm coming with the album, yeah, Embrace the Helves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was not in Times Square, but what I was reading and saw you also had some quote unquote doppler gangers. Can you walk me through the casting process of trying to find your twins?
Speaker 4: Who didn't make it? Like who did you see? Like now he look who on your team was like now you look like then you got offended?
Speaker 1: Like now I don't look like that.
Speaker 5: We just trying to make everybody like coordinate with the clothes and ship like didn't make it like not, it's just it's it's just different versions. Yeah, I mean, just like how I'm coming on the album of me just by itself, trying to name my real name, Like different version of me through the through my career.
Speaker 1: No, just raw.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The last time we saw you, we saw you with uh was used with Car. Yeah at the crib with Car, you look like you had a lot of fun. People don't see that side of you, Like people don't know that side of off set. They think rappers, they think Atlanta. They're like, oh, this niggas gonna come in gooomed up.
Speaker 1: Serious.
Speaker 4: You went in there, you had a lot of fun. You was dancing, Like what was that energy?
Speaker 2: Like, did you go in and knowing like we're about to go ahead, just act the fool have fun.
Speaker 5: No, I was just I went in like just be yourself. Like I felt like people thought I was too serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and them niggas is funny though. Yeah, so they create.
Speaker 5: The environment and just bouncing off their energy the niggas be turned.
Speaker 1: So I feel like it be off balance.
Speaker 5: When niggas going there trying to be cool and ship that that ain't for that.
Speaker 2: That Chinda is like you can't go in cos crib serious and sleepover nasty sleepover.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but why do people think that about you?
Speaker 2: Like why do people get this uh feeling that offset is this serious?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: I think I think it's because we're getting in my crew. I was a little going a little crazy. Then I ain't no internet that like, I don't I'm not I'm not showing you me on the internet unless you have to see it, okay something like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not going I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just maybe I should, but I don't I don't like going live and like just showing I don't be doing that so so often because at one time I felt like it's too much exposure.
Speaker 1: Get motherfuckers off you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the last year, the last year, I've had a rough year.
Speaker 1: I would say online like my name, they was killing me for ship.
Speaker 2: Wake up every day. I'm looking at my phone like I never even said that. I never even did that. Yeah, what is some of the most misleading things that you've opened your phone? It just was like what, like why y'all think that about me? Like what's some of the crazy shit? Because it's some ship out there by it and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Bro, he didn't say that.
Speaker 1: I know there maybe a lot of CAFs ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah that I said, like somebody said success like stop referring me as a husband or something some.
Speaker 1: Weird ship that.
Speaker 4: I mean correct, that's all.
Speaker 1: Or it was just like.
Speaker 5: Niggas just be saying like it was just like clickbait, Like I don't know, I started this little thing where like nigga be talking so this is the reason why I've said it's not going to.
Speaker 4: And they know your whole life and they got it all that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like it just come with it. Just it's just it's just come with it. It is what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean listen, Rory.
Speaker 3: Know.
Speaker 2: I spoke to Rory last year a lot through all of that ship and I was like, Bro, what the fuck this internet shit?
Speaker 4: I thought I had it figured out, but it's not a crazy fucking work.
Speaker 3: I tried to tell you to do the best strategy to say your Twitter was acting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I tried that, but that don't always work. But like, what's some of the things.
Speaker 2: You do to be like do you how do you how do you detach from the from the grid? How do you attack detaching the matrix and be like, all right, man, I know who I am, My people know who I am.
Speaker 4: That's all that matters.
Speaker 2: But you're somebody that has been such a big figure in the culture on social media for years? How do you navigate around the bullshit?
Speaker 1: I just don't let it troll, like.
Speaker 5: How I'm thinking about myself and doing ship like with music and ship like, because I don't let it get I don't let it let me get lost in it because I don't see it outside of the Internet. So first I drop the record bodies streams going crazy I don't see like a deflation.
Speaker 1: Oh none of my ship.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that's what keep me like, okay, just that entertainment ship. This is the entertainment aspect of it. But what I do with is like, oh, niggas talking crazy. Oh it's crazy crazy your Google search drop a song because I'm having a good product.
Speaker 1: Got you You know what I'm saying, Yeah, I got good products.
Speaker 4: They in line for something, so let me give them.
Speaker 1: Something, give them a little taste of Okay, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: How do you think the internet is going to react to the opening record Enemies where you say that you love hard but you're also toxic Because coming out the gate that way, I was like, you're trying to start some boos.
Speaker 1: I see where they're not.
Speaker 4: The problem is not to paint the picture, but I listen to the people. I was just like, I don't know, I said.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You can't if that's how he should be coming into the record, because it's kind of like people.
Speaker 4: Gonna be like word I identify with that though no I get it too.
Speaker 2: I think most men get that. But I don't know if off Sets should lead the album with that bar.
Speaker 1: I'm domn I'm coming shit, it's the truth. Okay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: People gonna I feel like saying that shit like it's the truth.
Speaker 1: Niggas feel that. People feel like girls feel that.
Speaker 5: Both sides feel that because like everybody dealing with that, then dealt with that, like bring a.
Speaker 1: Little excitement to the relationship sometimes, did.
Speaker 3: You feel like you had to be a little bit more personal on this project just because of what everyone pays attention to.
Speaker 1: And yes, I know I learned from father Foe.
Speaker 5: When I dropped the first solo one, I got a big ass fan based because I was actually talking about some shit, like I had context to the music. It was just my kids. It was ups and downs to the car crash. And so I just looked at that book even though she set it off did great numbers two, but like touching people and people like when I hear people quote my solo shit, they quote that motherfucker bother fo And so it was like put some I wanted to put context. I ain't want to because the end of the day, you still like you on the screen. So I don't talk online. So I talking too music, you know what I mean. And I feel like people go and hear what I got to say about certain shit and certain shit, and they gonna think I'm on certain bullshit bullshit, and I really ain't.
Speaker 1: Too much on bullshit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm just being a man about shit like balance that song. It's still like me saying taking my account, taking accounability for a certain things that have MH. Is that why it was true feeling.
Speaker 3: A year in between, because I mean, you were on a pretty quick cycle with the solo joints in twenty twenty four. You was I mean quiet for the most part. Is that because you were life? Yeah, life's going on, and I be believing in timing, Like the odds weren't so on me. They only know so now I'm about to get to you.
Speaker 5: It just makes sense, like I take all anything that come with this shit and try to turn into music.
Speaker 2: How how how often do you think about when you're in an album mode? Like how often do you think about writing? Or is it just something like you gotta just it's just spur of the moment, I'm going to the studio tonight. Or is it like when this album mode everything else is just like on the backburn. It's like now I'm an album mode or or you make your album, Like, if I get inspired tonight, I'm going to the step to the studio right now.
Speaker 5: Kind of both. If I get inspired, I'm going to the studio. But when it's album time, it's like a different mode, Like I'm trying to see what the fuck the story is in this, in this project? What is what picture I'm painting with this, with this where they gonna get from this? So then they get to breaking down the songs and saying that's how I narrate picking my songs and shit, Cuz if it ain't mentioning a story of like me being me myself rap kind of like not I don't want to say vulnerable, but it ain't sad shit, But it's like say, shit, I would never say on this project.
Speaker 1: Have you done that often? Like and then the record comes out in your.
Speaker 2: Hear and you like, I hate that I said that because you don't really that way, Like, how often does that happen for you?
Speaker 5: It happens, it happens not all the time, but a recent drop, I did that when I dropped that record ten I just like I shouldn't it. I didn't really fuck with the record like that. It was it was more of a me not being a player and kind of being in spiteful spite for records don't work or ship like that, like.
Speaker 3: Spiteful records that quickly after the release, did you feel that way of like damn, maybe I should have done this probably today damn.
Speaker 5: So it was like immediate, Yeah, not even off what people saying though, it's just like you didn't.
Speaker 4: Like to make you don't really feel that, like that's not what you really felt.
Speaker 5: Was trying to No, not that, but it was It just wasn't. It wasn't to play like, yeah, there was no story to that ship. It was no like music drive to that the fans wouldn't that wasn't It was just me doing some ship. I can say that I was just doing.
Speaker 4: Some shit, try some ship.
Speaker 2: What's one of the biggest things you want people to take from Offset as far as like a rapper because from years, you know, all of the records with me, gos, like you know, the joints that y'all gave us, we always kind of recognize that it's been a conversation like like Offset really be saying some shit like y'all having fun, y'all, y'all y'all styling and you know, y'all getting y'all fly shit off. But it's like when we listen to Offset, it's like, hold up, he kind of like he seemed like he just being a different part of the room, like really trying to get some shit off. As a solo artist, now you have more space to kind of.
Speaker 4: Be Offset obviously.
Speaker 2: What's one of the things you want people to take from this project in particular about you as a rappers, about you as a writer and an artist that people probably don't know about off set my.
Speaker 5: Craft, like to take it serious, like the hours I'll be putting in, and like how I break so much shit down to details, even like the sequence of my songs, and like the art inside of the music too, Like I like to paint the picture because I feel like people don't get shited sometimes you gotta put it in their face and the ship they go behind that Like last album I had Jamis Lee Curtis doing doing ship like me reaching out myself personally.
Speaker 1: The DM to this is also starting Jamilee Curtis as a flex well now working on some other ship.
Speaker 5: Now you feel that that ship that behind the scenes work niggas never see what niggas gotta do to try to please you, to please y'all. You know what I'm saying, because I'm I study the game. That's why I don't drop so much, because I got to see what the fuck going on? Because I feel like I'm, like you said, I come from such a heavy background. I can't it's no hiccups. They can't drop no bullshit. You ain't gonna able to come back from that. It'd be too hard to come back with that. So sometimes I strategize to see what the folks.
Speaker 4: You don't have the.
Speaker 2: Luxury to dropping because you're you're under a microscope that's so big.
Speaker 4: They waiting for you to drop some bulls.
Speaker 5: Wat you you know how many when I drop, by how many times I'm like, I've seen.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie. I wanted to be, but I can't say. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, as a spokesperson for all of the whites, we did feel seen when you sampled bodies at the floor, Like I really was like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Me and Peach was that morning that ship came out. We was gamming in the studio. Yeah, yeah, that's how ship. That's the White Boys ship. Was that intentional of picking that sample.
Speaker 1: No, honestly, Vinyl shout out to Vinys of the cold.
Speaker 5: He's so cold him. Vinyls is my man. He made it with a Vinyl center to me. I sent it to wit. I made the record two years ago. Oh okay, so when I made the record, he's been pressing me for that ship for two years, Like, what the fuck is you doing?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 5: You know the sample we got along is one of the ones, and niggas don't get this sample. And then my shot at the reservoir, my posing, m hmm. They're on the same team, they don't They on reservoir too, And shout out to them. Man, they was easy to word with. Cleared it. They fucked with the record. I hit them on the d M two vo get this record clear man. They did that ship immediately. Yeah, shout out to them.
Speaker 1: Now we listening to but yeah, we listened to the joint last night. I told you to love you down. That's my ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that sample is you know, that's that's the eighties, that's my er, that's going back.
Speaker 4: But that's to me.
Speaker 2: It's point of the records that I think everybody's gonna fuck with.
Speaker 1: I think every.
Speaker 2: Woman on social media is gonna post that song at least once on the algorithm.
Speaker 1: When you heard that, was that a no brainer? Like, oh, we I can show the text. I've seen it.
Speaker 5: I'm scrolling on Instagram and I seen the original yeah being live perform. Yeah, I send it the Lennon on the tray like as like, share this link, share this to him, I said, sample this, put this in the front.
Speaker 1: I got. I got all the text.
Speaker 5: Yeah, put this in the front and don't muffle it, don't put it in the background. Make this stand out off rip, So start the song off like this. Then put let Me Love You down throughout the record. Literally got the text? How did it? Because you sent it back to the first time. I was like, nah, turn that ship up because this is the part my mama, my grandma, every know this part right right, and so put this right here. And then then when I played it out, I first did a verse and I just stopped, and I just had to beat stopping. And then I called him back like, hey, put that same ship in the middle of this motherfucker. Let it breathe, and then I'm gonna come back in with a different flow. And that's how that's how I did it.
Speaker 2: Let's called producing ladies and gentlemen people out there, Like he's not just texting you know what I'm saying, saying dumps, He's producing a record.
Speaker 1: At that point, it was.
Speaker 4: Good to see you with Tiso. How did that record come together?
Speaker 1: Town?
Speaker 2: He always incredibly talented. Yeah, and he got that old school edge. It maints since that you and TSO would Yeah connect though, and he'll take it there so like video anything. He I feel like he he ain't got no fear with his sh his credits book so open. He'll go anywhere, like anywhere with it. And I respect his vocal game, Like his sound is different. It sound older than to me, so like some older ship to me, but it sounds different. In the whole purpose of my eye, I wanted to work with niggas that I feel like Nigga getting cycle right now, Like yeah, same song, same same features, features, and I wanted to go different route, like because I feel like collaborations post to be like you deal with somebody that you work with, somebody.
Speaker 5: That's unexpected, like the jed that Nigga gonna walk something. You just had to find a pocket and we found the packet and it go crazy. And they're like the low key niggas like that be having their own fan base to solid Spamish.
Speaker 4: Got a core fan base, and it's it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Just shows the versatility of Atlanta because that record still sound. Atlanta and y'all are two totally different rappers in that regard. But nothing fat weird on that ship a little. But Teas, I'm curious to see what that video is gonna look like. You want to put on some football.
Speaker 1: Paths, n I might let him do that. Yeah, yeah, lets do that. Yeah, I'm gonna come through that with some dripping.
Speaker 3: I put something together which I didn't even tell more somewhat of a bando ballet, if you will.
Speaker 4: I was. I was looking up Sabrina Carpenter lyrics just in general because I like, now, hold on before we get it to that.
Speaker 2: Did you see the clip where I said, because now we was talking about you, and I said, yo, you know what off set?
Speaker 4: I didn't see that to after okay, he he manifested, you tired left no.
Speaker 2: But but the thing that the thing that fucked Rory up is because when that came out pg at, the child was like, damn all you called it, and I just started laughing. Rory didn't know I actually said Sabrina carp but he thought I just said a white girl, because I didn't all white women looking like I said, Nah.
Speaker 4: I said, off Set gotta go get Sabrina competence. I said, he gonna piss everybody over if you do that and sow enough to come out. They said, Offset says he has a crunch on Sabrina competence. I said, I said, my nigga started get up, everybody off and then dropped the fucking album.
Speaker 3: I was hoping that there would be some secret feature somewhere, like back in the day when you would skip through to the bonus track, you should be there. But I do think that there could be like a Bando ballet joint album between the two of yo. But when I was looking up her lyrics, trying to like get to know somewhere the music, like this might be one of the most toxic white women I've ever.
Speaker 4: Heard of my life, Sabrina were talking crazy.
Speaker 3: So then I decided to put a segment together to ask you guys, if you can guess whether this is future lyrics or Sabrina Carpenter lyrics.
Speaker 4: Or future Sabrina carpenters. All right, we'll start with the first one. Now, I'm a homewrecker. I'm a slut. I got death threats filling up semi trucks. Is that gotta be?
Speaker 2: That gotta be Sabrina. Future ain't gonna say. He might say he's not, but he ain't. I'm going Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Who you say it again, I'm.
Speaker 3: A home wrecker, I'm a slut. I got death threats filling up semi trucks.
Speaker 4: They got to wait. Wait, death, I don't know. I got death said, death threats filling up semi trucks.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Future. I don't think, I don't think. I don't think Sabrina had death threats. She ain't gonna say death threats.
Speaker 4: Yeah she did, that's the carpenter.
Speaker 3: No, No, she's toxic as fucking all right, go to the next one. My clothes are off, I'm coming over to your place. And if you don't need my love, I didn't want your bitch ass anyway.
Speaker 2: Now, if that's Sabrina, we gotta have a different conversation about Sabrina.
Speaker 4: Carpenter. I'm gonna just say Future. I'm gonna say Future, what.
Speaker 1: You're saying, I'm gonna say Sabna. That's Sabrina. Listen, she'd be talking.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm telling you. I was going through the lyrics like this woman is insane. All right, I can hear your tears when they drop over the phone.
Speaker 4: Get mad at you.
Speaker 1: That's future.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, well there we go.
Speaker 3: Uh why you always come running to me and fuck my life? Never heard of self care? Half your brain just ain't even there. I heard it in the future, casen.
Speaker 4: Is that future? Sabrina? What?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: How will we not hearing? These are these singles?
Speaker 1: You know what happened?
Speaker 5: I think the records they be pop records, so they be so it's the music they're like, huh yeah, I'm saying it's toxic as fuck.
Speaker 3: All right, Well up this morning thought i'd write a pop hit. How quickly can you take your clothes off? Like a pop quiz? I'm just gonna say future, that is Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: She talking.
Speaker 3: This one might be tough for y'all, so cracked to a pregnant lady. Forgive me for the crack babies. That's definitely if Sabrina.
Speaker 4: If that's a Sabrina Carpenter line, we got to get her out of here, like she's so cracked, Like, come on, man, Jesus Christ, that is in fact future. I didn't want to stump you on that.
Speaker 1: Did she did?
Speaker 4: Did Did she see the clip?
Speaker 2: Did her team reach out in response to you said because we have a bed in the office, like yo, I'm like off gonna pop out on the dinner dates?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. Did they reach out? I don't know if they.
Speaker 3: Reached out This Nigga went on the Day with Sabrina car Is that like celebrities actually date now, just be the PR teams putting it together.
Speaker 4: I mean, we should bring the PR team on the couch to ask. Well, most of the time that's.
Speaker 2: That's the easier way to reach out is through the PR team. But sometimes it'll be, you know, a cold DM. We've seen instances with people like Yes the Day and it was like just DM.
Speaker 1: Does just certain certain status of women you don't DM player.
Speaker 2: How do you differentiate that though? Like, how does somebody like off Set say, damn, I can't.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna artists.
Speaker 5: No artists don't read right, I don't even want to hit no DM to no female to do a song because it's just don't That's what I'm gonna say. Do you even d rep and read write it? Don't my rep and then read write I'll go together. I'm already knowing that, so I rather go through like like for doing music. I'm not dming no female to my a, let's do a song. I just feel like it reads wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that screenshots if she decided to post that one day out despite.
Speaker 5: It just ready if you got to think like that, because like you say, if it was right, what do people gonna say?
Speaker 1: What you're trying to do.
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 3: Because I think there's plenty of artists yourself and Clue that probably just want to work with a female artis to just make music.
Speaker 4: It's not there's nothing, bro.
Speaker 5: Yo, got this drop dry the album, let's get in, But female artists definitely not. Because it's I respect you too, so I don't even want to do respect you. It's like making you don't want to come as the wrong way. Yeah, because I'm really trying his record, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm snitching a little bit here. But when I once I found out there was producers just doing sessions with chicks of records. They was never going to clear. That was just their way in. I was like, y'all, y'all might be the nastiest people. Oh the industry is crazy.
Speaker 4: You just invited chicks to the studio records that's never going to come out. She's not even dope. Yeah I sign. You don't even say you don't think anything is talented about it?
Speaker 1: Oh she's not talented.
Speaker 4: She looks good.
Speaker 1: That's you know that ship go.
Speaker 2: So who's some of the guys that you wanted to work with that it hasn't happened yet, Like some of the artists that you're like, damn, I gotta get a joint with them.
Speaker 5: Oh and hundred three thousand for sure. Just so that's a dream collapse what I mean. I feel like it was the best thing shit ever came out Atlanta. They came out harder.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like that because we've we've seen we've seen you know, this generation now they give you know that Atlanta gives more credence and.
Speaker 1: Our cast is always on the list.
Speaker 4: I think that is the greatest group of all time.
Speaker 2: But but there's the people that have like they they hold a higher you know, kind of respect for future than they do Entred three thousand. Now, this generation and you can understand it. Three thousand hasn't been as active, but you're from.
Speaker 1: The generation, but he comes from them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's done.
Speaker 2: But there's the thing where you maybe be like, I don't even know undred two thousands, it's future, and I'm like, but being from Atlanta, you gotta know Audret that.
Speaker 4: I don't care how old you.
Speaker 2: I think he's one of the artists that you have to know is held here. Yeah, but there's a lot of there's a younger generation now that's like they don't know him though, so you can't follow him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They don't know Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I didn't know Marvin Gay either though, Like I wasn't outside for Marvin Gay. But as I as you go through music, like he was was.
Speaker 5: Raised in the house on that though, Right, So they niggas ain't even rais in the house on DRE.
Speaker 1: But I'm not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have to be number one on everyone's list, but there's no way you grew up and didn't hear Missus Jackson or even.
Speaker 4: I mean ship, I'm just on Thug records. He's been on Future the.
Speaker 5: Niggas do because at the end of the day when they came out the South, they was not fucking with us. It was really on some West Coast New York l A ship only. Yeah, and them niggas winning the wars, pushing it how they do it. And they came in on some my niggas don't get them credit on like the creative on Dre Yeah, Trey was doing all this crazy can't West dressing ship with Poti for Sures, with the orange shoot on, with the with the Jays on he Ben did show the pass Yeah, so like it's not just about the wraps. The influence, Yeah, I look at him be like, Okay, I could do some ship that I wouldn't do.
Speaker 2: How much did how much did Outcasts like really influence? Because I feel like it has Like seeing y'all live performance aesthetically visually with the Migos was doing that to me because I saw Outcasts.
Speaker 1: I know that that was some of that DNA was in y'all.
Speaker 2: But what are the conversations like away from the stage and and just the public eye about Outcasting the influence on y'all, Like is it like damn like they was the illest like, is it like that or is it like I like what they did, but let's let's kind of take that torch and run with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that. Okay, it's like that. It's like I take that torchure wrong with it because.
Speaker 5: Still like the influence they had is super big, but I feel like my group influences bigger.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, then then a.
Speaker 5: Lot of group influences because you still hear it and see it right now, different genres, but different genres get doing what you're doing and get the copy and how you do shit.
Speaker 1: It's just like you see it like that. Even right now, new artists can come out right now with just a flow we created.
Speaker 3: And yeah, go on on on, yeah, how did that triple flow style come about with you guys?
Speaker 1: Just it was never a strategy for it. It's just like niggas was rapping like that. I don't know, God.
Speaker 5: Was not trying to like it. Maybe was like bouncing off each other. Energy really was taken. He was the first nigga to do it, and we didn't see it. We just trying to do that, all right, and we started running with it and then I don't know, the guy was like, Okay, y'all this Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Billboard put y'all at number eleven of the Greatest Rap Groups of All Time, which is a Billboard list, So who really cares arguing that y'all could have been higher at.
Speaker 5: The list though, is a superbo list. Though, like the people in front of us, it ain't no, it ain't no slouts in front of us. You gotta repay the respects you got to run DMC yeah, carus one, yeah, bug you got it's real, you got its respect versus now. But some of the other ship, like the Rust was like twenty five or something. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the Ruts being number twenty five is crazy.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Hypothetically, if there were to be a versus like, not obviously the way they did it during COVID or anything, but just just catalog versus catalog, who would.
Speaker 4: Be a group that you wouldn't want to go against?
Speaker 1: Shit, Run it up, line it up a group, yeah, catalog.
Speaker 4: Come on, because I put I put a little bit of a hip hop nigga.
Speaker 3: All right to me when we were talking before y'all, we did because I think y'all as far as the New generation would be the number one iconic group.
Speaker 1: I don't even think, not evenst I'm saying that I.
Speaker 4: Want to get to there.
Speaker 3: We was like, all right, Race Remen, we love them, but Migo is probably gonna clean up Race Remen.
Speaker 4: Records, great record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like come on, I just don't think that's gonna.
Speaker 4: It's a whole different thing. Then we were trying to figure out, like certain sounds that may match a bit. We were talking about three six. I don't know where you would stand on that.
Speaker 5: We're gonna smoke three six and I love them and them niggas gave us this. This is also somebody we looked up to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but that would be dope to just be.
Speaker 5: I want to see who you're gonna say who in the group, because you ain't gonna say none of them? Three six the group wise who catalog catalog.
Speaker 3: The one, the one that I thought would be tough would be Hot Boys because at any versus the rules was everyone's allowed to also do their solo ship as well.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, definitely the Hot Boys. They get to do their solo our solo shi Rick Flair and I can do all that. Yeah of course, Yeah, yeah, we're gonna what worries.
Speaker 4: I love saying.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that migos might not have a better cattle, but I'm saying smoke is when I'm just like, I don't know if y'all gonna smoke.
Speaker 1: Now you kind of telling about it's kind of cheating because you can't use Wayne Wayne Solo.
Speaker 5: You don't even need to Don Solo. It's crazy, Juie Solo is crazy. But Wayne Solo is crazy.
Speaker 4: We know that. But say, but he part of the hot boys.
Speaker 1: They can't beat Wayne Solo ship. All right, So no, sir, all right, you GK. I love you and I don't want to be putting this come out, you know, but but yeah, come on.
Speaker 4: But you got to meet I respect.
Speaker 5: I think that because we got that that well, I'm saying that because niggas got street records, right ye, hit restaurant records, and we got Global records, then we got Hit Forever records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's been wealthy like that. Bro, that'ship like that.
Speaker 5: That's just like that sounds like it's it came out in the nineties. I mean so like, and I'm always I just feel like I don't see it. But now, how boys it's tough.
Speaker 4: That's tough.
Speaker 1: That's tough. Now we're going straight group.
Speaker 4: If it's just straight group, then cleaning up to have a hard time with the migo Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nigga came tunes is the blueprint for all of us young leiggas don't even know what niggas said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even style now I had.
Speaker 2: I had another bit of a viral moment last year when we were talking about uh Drake in regards to you know, people calling him a culture vulture and things like that. And in one of my rants, I said, if it wasn't for Drake, we might not have never even known who the migos was.
Speaker 4: That was in regards to me saying when Drake remixed.
Speaker 5: Was its yeah, nigga, that's my man. What he stamped niggas and put it in and but just do that he you do that though.
Speaker 2: Right, right, But people didn't understand what I was saying. They were saying, like I was trying to give Drake oli but it was like no. But one of the biggest artists remixed a record from a group that it was making noise and was known in Atlanta and and kind of bubbling around the country. A little bit in different pockets that sit'stound a different type of way. So I'm the artist that's.
Speaker 4: Coming from that's coming from all set. It stamped the migos.
Speaker 1: So y'all can stop killing me every time that clip goes.
Speaker 4: Viral and say, I don't know what the fuck I'm talking.
Speaker 5: About, because they've been trying to say like they're gonna say like we're gonna be great regards, we will be great regardless.
Speaker 1: But you can't skip this down.
Speaker 4: Yeahah no, that definitely changed the Versace record for sure.
Speaker 2: She was going and you know, and then I saw Coach k On he was doing an interview somewhere where he basically reiterated that, like nah, when Drake did that, he just did that.
Speaker 4: On the love like he fucked with the record, and it was just.
Speaker 5: Like it wasn't even know, so Sit, if all like give me all the work behind the scene, like I own everything because I'm doing it. No, but every start, I know, we went from doing the type show to the type show.
Speaker 1: She changed up. I don't know what that was.
Speaker 4: What twenty fourteen, fifteen, fourteen, fourteen, what what was that?
Speaker 1: Like that thirteen it was Bando that was the Atlanta ship. Yeah, that was bubbling. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean Bando made it up to New York a little bit, a little bit right towards the thirteen.
Speaker 5: I think then when that then drop riverside you. Then we did Birthday I'm in jail by the way, did Birthday bash?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And then when Buddy got on there and motherfucker went to the moon. Yeah, And after that it was.
Speaker 4: It was like what was that called? Like when you got vocals?
Speaker 1: I was in a bad situation. I was. I heard it like the that the world heard it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whenever fucking came out like like over the phone, damn you locked up and you hear that verse, yes.
Speaker 4: Sir, Oh them walls got smaller now you couldn't wait to get out that. That was like Yayo and get Rich dropped like wait, hold on you the biggest, like I gotta get the fut were going crazy right now.
Speaker 1: I heard that's on now.
Speaker 2: We and Rory went to the Scorpion Show when y'all won tour with Drake, and I remember telling Rory when we left, I said, I always knew that Migos had records and they was dope and you know all that, But seeing y'all perform that set list on the Scorpion Tour. For me, it gained a different level of respect for y'all because I was like, Yo, they was doing back to back to back to back hit records the entire set.
Speaker 4: There wasn't no opening fifteen minute no no, no, no.
Speaker 6: No no.
Speaker 2: They could have easily headlined a tour like that. But is that a testament to just y'all always knowing that, Yo, we dope, We're gonna be who we are and when the time comes, everybody to catch on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's been the story of that since the beginning of time. I always caught catch I'll be liking this shit, Okay. I feel like the ship that hit fast, go faster. Oh yeah, it phades quick, especially now. Yeah, they get over it super quick, super quick.
Speaker 1: Like I rather a record.
Speaker 5: I rather start from twenty five on board and clown in the more. I didn't go no more and then next week come ninety eight. M I rather do that because that means the record ain't sticking. Yeah, it's just some hype, right, they should be down now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now that should working the record as one of the more fashionable guys in the culture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, being from Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Now, Yachty had some things to say about New York and it's fashion sense a few months ago, and then they kind of killed him.
Speaker 4: You spend a lot of time in New York. You do a lot of shopping in New York.
Speaker 2: Being from Atlanta, where do you feel like which city has more sense of fashion and style and taste between New York and Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it like this, you can't never play with New York. Okay. Ever, it's just it's a. It's a.
Speaker 5: It's just it's the brain. So the semester, it's the mecca. Yeah, it's the mecca. Now we got sauce and like how we do it, how we carry it? Yeah, I feel like, if I want to shot, I'm gonna come to New York for sure.
Speaker 1: Ain't no playing. But I'm not gonna copy high in New York and get dressed though. Okay, you ain't gonna put it on. Youin't gonna put it, put it together the same way. I'm gonna put it together the same way. Okay, got you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna respect it now. I would never say what was the question? Was what they asked him, And then he said he.
Speaker 1: Said, got exactly what yacht he said, but it was like who's flyer?
Speaker 3: And then they pulled up a million photos of him dressing just like DMX, and it was just like, I mean, you can't say New York doesn't dress better than Atlanta and all these photos you just taken influence from New York fashion. Yeah, but I mean I get Atlanta's put their their sauce.
Speaker 1: On, so then we haven't sauce man. But it's a cheat thote now.
Speaker 2: And I always say this with social media because before social medi if you was flying your city, it was because you really went and looked for pieces.
Speaker 4: You have to put pieces together.
Speaker 2: Now, with social media, I could just follow off set and be like, Yo, what hoodie off set got on?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go get that, Yo. What shorts off set got on? I'm gonna go get that.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 4: How he did his socks with the with the laces.
Speaker 1: It's easy.
Speaker 3: That doesn't mean ship fashion me is also like Colonne, It's gonna smell different on everybody.
Speaker 4: Like you could copy somebody's whole fit. You could look nothing absolutely you see we see the mannequins that got the whole bilin like you you want to tell you that find the one person, like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't like that. I don't like niggas to go print crazy.
Speaker 2: To grab some pieces he there and then like you said, sauce, how you throw it together?
Speaker 1: How you throw it together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it ain't no rules and this ship right, so it's it's it's a free book.
Speaker 1: Some niggas. I hate man calling niggas.
Speaker 4: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I just said that about Yes, nigg straight Louis.
Speaker 5: Every time that Louise shoe Lewis socks, that's nasty.
Speaker 1: Get that nast work.
Speaker 4: Before we let you get out of here.
Speaker 3: We do have fans and listeners that call in and ask for advice, tell us stories.
Speaker 4: We want to do one quick voicemail with you, so we give a fan advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, god mail, how.
Speaker 6: It's going game?
Speaker 4: Fuck with the pod?
Speaker 6: Uh to come down to Louisiana for a live show year. You know I'm a beat up, but uh, the reason I was hitting a love man is because the nigga needs some advice.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Nah, I haven't been around the block a few times. You know, I'm not new to this, but still I still like to hear different perspectives so that shorty, I'm talking soon.
Speaker 4: You know, I love I love my life type ship like you know.
Speaker 6: Our interests a line, our morals, a line, everything like we're good and every everything good, everything pure, everything great except one problem. Trust the shoes she got. Trust the shoes, and they are bad now I know where they stem from. Like she ain't had the best, like you know what I'm saying. She's been through a lot, and one of the things I love about it is her perseverance, Like how she how she's still such a great person after dealing with all the stuff that she's been.
Speaker 4: Through in life.
Speaker 6: But that caused this issue is you know, and she needs therapy. But that's a whole nother conversation. You ain't about to have no time. But I'll be killing bro. I don't be doing nothing wrong like a nigga, don't. I don't text no all the bitches. I don't focking all the bitches, Like you know what I'm saying, I ain't. I'm not on that, like I'm off there. I want to I want a real relationship or whatever, you know, So basically, like how would y'all deal with that without I don't want to break up with her, like she'd be trying to go through a nigga phone, like she went through my phone. She don't find nothing, but it's still, Oh, you must be hiding something, you must delete messages like it's all kind of bullshit and not just I don't want to break up with her, but nigga kind of tired of it.
Speaker 4: Yo, maw leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it sounds like she's already like just way too insecure and it's not gonna get no better if she going through your phone and she don't find nothing and she still feel like you hiding something.
Speaker 4: She got to do the work.
Speaker 1: Get up out of the man, Get up out of there, he said, he got You.
Speaker 3: Know she has she she has, she passed, has those, so she'd be going through his phone. Yeah, going through a ship.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be doing nothing. He said, he's chilling no holes.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, though he had to do it, Like is it like a past.
Speaker 2: Well, her previous relationships. She's been through some ship before now that day.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people do the good to the oh yeah, what she doing? What she got going on? Check her phone?
Speaker 4: That's that's y'all.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, like she keeps pressing she checking him like he hurt by that ship, like you're in love with her?
Speaker 2: He's something like you want to be with her, but he like she making it all like damn, I'm not fucking around. Why you keep pressing me about this?
Speaker 1: They don't want my advice.
Speaker 4: He wants to trust me, He doesn't want all said, like hell, yeah, I'm I'm rolling with that. So what does all said tell a gentleman like that?
Speaker 1: What you're telling? She too, like.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe maybe you got you make her feel a little bit more secure than know what I mean? Maybe Okay, maybe you maybe you the trauma, look at the trauma she's been through and try to do the opposite of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that can help, But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I hear that, but I'm not changing my whole life for you to look through my phone like I'm on fucking parole every night because you went through some ship before me, Like I'm just not really, I can't pay for his The other guy like ups to me, that's odd because I'm not going to go through your phone.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 3: That's if she don't work on that ship by herself, I would leave because that's only going to get word you can't cure that ship just by showing your phone every fucking night, right, What I didn't do anything?
Speaker 4: Is that one of your things?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Never never go through a woman's phone, even if you feel like there may be some shit going on, like you just never like, I'm never doing on it.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna say I've done it.
Speaker 4: But did you find what she was looking for? Her? That shit hurt you?
Speaker 1: Just no, Actually, don't find nothing.
Speaker 4: That's what hers When you don't find nothing, explain that when you're.
Speaker 5: Hired as a man like that's the lame ash like after you Okay, I say it just when you when you you do some shit that as you're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Why would I even playing myself go in the phone? Ain't nothing in there? Yeah? Damn I'm laming. Then you just sitting there layming head going through the girl phone.
Speaker 2: Do you tie them went through it and you didn't find nothing? Or you just just tuck that and be like, damn, that's fucking corny. I just some corny ship.
Speaker 1: It's so corny. You got took that.
Speaker 4: There's no winning going through the far. You're gonna find something.
Speaker 1: You don't like it.
Speaker 3: If you don't find something you don't like. You gonna think she deleted something. So now you're just walking around the house pacing, like.
Speaker 1: Just don't get in the phone, pay stay away from from the phone.
Speaker 2: Don't go through no phones. I don't recommend going through no phones. Either You're gonna find a reason to leave or find a reason to stay. Either way, don't do it.
Speaker 4: No, my ego can handle it. That's why I've never went through the phone set tell us the album.
Speaker 1: Yes album, man, So this album when August twenty second visual album.
Speaker 5: I should be doing a video for each song or some type of visual content for you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Getting in my actor back, I like, I like doing it.
Speaker 5: I feel like that ship make records be bigger because it's like more into its that's just dropping shit. Yeah, collab with I got a collab with poly the clothing brand with all my boxes and merch. Okay, I got yets Am box has anti stretch like I did with Dental Tears.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, I worked on this album for like five six months. I had one already, and because of life, I scratched that ship and just got into this. Changed my energies started focusing back on music, like getting it back into like getting the studio every day type vie because it had got to a point where I was just like I would go here and there, I would do showhit go.
Speaker 1: There, started feeling like a job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a lot back into it and first time opportunity being able to like expressed me. That's why I just said named it myself because it's just like it's selting whatever the motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Say about me and putting it into the music. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Grimm off Set August twenty second, Kat the album bro, thank you for coming through.
Speaker 4: Put next job boys come back soon.
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: You that home here with Roy and more.
Speaker 1: I'm that nigga.
Speaker 4: He's just Jinger.
Speaker 1: That's off set. Yep.
Speaker 4: No,