Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football clubll Cowboys. This He's Talking Cowboys, springing live from the Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 2: Tours at the Star in Friscolle toute six seconds dot Ti TI ty today, touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight to twenty five, Baltimore, as the Dallas Cowboys fall to one in two in the twenty twenty four season, a week three loss at home at AT and T Stadium. As we welcome you in to Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. It is not a victory Monday, unfortunately. Instead, it's a one and two Monday where the Cowboys are one and two for the first time since twenty twenty. We have Patrick no S Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeoman's gentleman. You were both at the game.
Speaker 1: You were both sitting at AT and T Stadium where now three games in a row the Dallas Cowboys have fallen, And oh how that home field advantage has turned so so so quickly.
Speaker 4: Hello, darkness, my old friend.
Speaker 3: You know, you hit that kind of kind of nicely. That was good.
Speaker 4: I'm an excellent singer, are you really Yes?
Speaker 5: I don't believe that at all. Oh wow, that was kind of a shot. Wow that's coming from me like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we're talking like geez like cowboys run defense singer or like a Raven's rushing attack singer.
Speaker 6: And somewhere in the middle, not quite a white rushing attack one that would be Adell levels of singing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like this is uh, you know what I mean. It's not great.
Speaker 4: It's like how Kesha is a singer, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, idea kind of Yeah, did you just compare yourself to Kesha in more ways than one?
Speaker 3: Nice? Okay?
Speaker 5: Good? No?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Solid? Yeah sucked?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So you know what this reminds me of, Unfortunately, reminds me of a certain stretch of the Jason Garrett era where the cowboys couldn't get their act together at home, so on order to stack wins, they had to do it on the road. Now, we'll see if that, you know, is actually what's happening in twenty twenty four, because obviously what's coming up you got the Giants and then you got Pittsburgh, but you know, and of course you got the forty nine ers. But yeah, and speaking of the forty nine ers, it's another week in which the Cowboys did not take advantage of the forty nine ers dropping a game. Right, forty nine ers or one and two Cowboys, you know, could have had a leg up on them. The Eagles took care of their business by.
Speaker 5: We played trash, they did.
Speaker 7: But all it took was one chunk play Dallas Goddard in the final quarter, in the waning seconds, and that's but that's football, right, that's football. The Saints played down to their competition and they got bid in the backside for it, and the Cowboys didn't. They didn't take advantage of the forty nine ers losing, and they didn't take they didn't keep pace with the Eagles, who are now two and one. But I mean, this Cowboys team has a lot to figure out. And yeah, I mean we could and we probably will at some point this very short week.
Speaker 5: Touch on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're the silver lining. They came alive in the four quarter. I don't want to talk about that right now. Yeah, because for the first three quarters, which then makes for the previous eleven quarters of ineptitude on both sides of the ball, that that previous eleven quarters far out weighs for me what we saw in that one quarter. So yeah, there they came awake. Wonderful and maybe they can build on that wonderful. But the fact is you've, like you said, Cayle, you've now dropped three at home. And it doesn't have to be this way, but it is this way. Right, So defense, where you at? Offense where are you at? And special teams? Special teams. Brandon Aubrey is a freaking monster.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunate that he's getting lost in the shuffle right now because he's doing historic things.
Speaker 7: I don't know that he's getting lost in the shuffle. I think, if anything, this is amplifying just how good and how much of a weapon he actually is.
Speaker 5: Because when you enjoy it, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 1: But when you kind of enjoy it, when you're getting blown out by New Orleans, it's getting.
Speaker 5: Beat by Baltimore, right.
Speaker 7: It's just that when when you have a kicker who can just try it out there and boot a sixty five yard because your offense can't move the ball. I mean, you got to celebrate the small things, and Brandon Aubrey is not a small thing. It's just Cowboys fans remember when the offense was virtually unstoppable and you couldn't kick to save your life. Yeah, now you can kick it from the parking lot and it's split in the uprights, but you can't get a a touchdown for the most part, to save your life.
Speaker 5: The fourth quarter or not was don.
Speaker 6: Nicole Hutchison cracked me up yesterday when she said Brandon Abery's gonna.
Speaker 5: Hold out next offseason and deservedly so, Man, give that man the bag.
Speaker 4: But I think the Dallas Cowboys have a lot of isn't that big?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for a small small all things considered, kicker afford, they're going to reset the market a kicker.
Speaker 6: Exactly, So shout and Nicole, I think the Dallas Cowboys have a lot of demons they need to exercise. You know, these are things that we've known since last you know, going into the off season, and the big part of last year the run game is suspect. The offensive play calling to a certain extent, at certain points in the game, you question, you know, what what's going on there? You question, you know, inside handoffs in the third and fourth quarter when you're you know, really trying to claw back and Dak is just absolutely dicon him up. You know, he really was in the third and fourth quarter. I mean when he had time to throw another demon there with your offensive line and protection and left tackle, I think, is it's tough right now. Again, you have rookies there, so it's a lot to consider. And then most of all, the biggest demon in the room, this is the long legs of Dallas Cowboys season.
Speaker 5: Is the run game. Run defense. It is poor. It is poor. It is poor.
Speaker 3: I think that might be putting it nicely.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's pure, unadulterated poverty, is what it is. We just saw a stat here four hundred and sixty four rushing yards allowed in the past two games alone.
Speaker 5: That's not going to win your football games. It's not.
Speaker 6: It's not, especially when you have great run teams coming into this building and then like going on the road, I mean, the run, the run game travels. Obviously, we know this, and this is why now at home, you know, three games in a row, you're getting absolutely demolished in the run game. It is sad to see it really is, because there are a lot of talented playmakers on the defensive side of the ball and you're just not seeing it click.
Speaker 5: And I don't know.
Speaker 6: I couldn't tell you what it is because it's almost unexplainable.
Speaker 7: Well, i'll tell you what it is. For the second week in a row, they've not been able to seal the edges. They've just not been able to seal the edges. Go back and look at the first drive from Lamar Jackson the Ravens. It basically went like this edge, edge dropped down, edge, chunk play, edge, touchdown. They were cooking the edges because they did a great job for the majority of the game, I want to say three and a half quarters, three a quarter quarters of keeping Derrick Henry from dominating in the A and B gap, which was one of my keys. You have to keep him from doing that and you have to force him outside. It wasn't until the fourth quarter where he wore them down and then you started to see those chunk plays come up the middle. But for the most part, they were just not the cowboys. They were just not sealing the edges. And whether it Ben Lamar Jackson or whomever else, say Flowers on handoffs and end the rounds and things like that. Justice Hill on handoffs and in the rounds direct Give the Ravens credit. They did a good job of understanding that the Cowboys were struggling protecting their edges on run defense, and they attacked them full blown. And then offensively, you have to look at self inflicted wounds time and again, self inflicted wounds. You finally get a drive going, what do you get? You get a holding penalty that's a drive killer. And then on the next drive, you finally get down there and you're moving and you can make something happen, and then ceedee Lamb doesn't secure the.
Speaker 5: Ball and it's a fumble and you lose that fumble.
Speaker 4: He almost loses the fumble right before that.
Speaker 7: Right so and then the ball so it went because there were other drive killing penalties. Rather it been false start numerous times, more than one false start penalty, more than one holding penalty on the offensive line. Your offensive line had a very very bad day at the office yesterday. Off better set awful day and not just being undisciplined with the penalties, we're talking about pressures as well. So I know a lot of people because someone said yesterday in reply to my tweet that the offensive line. My tweet said, the offensive line was a turnstile yesterday and it's undisciplined, right, a lot of penalties. They said, well, when you start, when you start two rookies, this is what you get, okay. So the problem I have with that is it wasn't only your rookies that were getting walked. It was, in fact, Terrence Steele, and it was Zach Martin, and it was Tyler Smith. And Tyler Smith also had penalties as well. Each one of those guys allowed at least five pressures, with the exception of I think Cooper BB had three pressures, and Cooper BB was the only one who didn't average more than half the time one versus one, right, so he was taking a lot of combos, which tracks because he's the center. But I sell that to say, each one of the five men up front, including your future first ballot Hall of Famer, basically had a bad day and.
Speaker 5: Got taught some lessons yesterday.
Speaker 7: So when your quarterback is under siege like that, and that's not letting Dak Prescott off the hook, because yeah, he came alive in the second half specifically the fourth quarter with the three touchdowns.
Speaker 5: That was ridiculous. But I think he started to see some.
Speaker 7: Ghosts in that first half and it impacted It impacted his throws because there were some throws that he could have made. I remember a deep shot Brandon Cooks had his guy beat. You dropped that in the bucket. If that's a dot, that might be a touchdown because I think Cooks burns the safety even though the safety had kind of an angle there.
Speaker 5: But that was an overthrow.
Speaker 7: I think the next player of the play after that, Zeke third down, you try to dump it off and it's a bad throw to the flat right. So I think your pressure started to kind of get to Dak Prescott. Credit to him for getting things back aligned in the fourth quarter, but too little, too late.
Speaker 6: And kind of picking back off of what Micah said about, you know, playing Superman. I think a big part of that was was Dak, you know, forcing it, you know, and and it was a lot of self inflicted wounds in the first half and even in the third whenever Dak like fumbles his own.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he dropped it. He dropped his own. Yes, he just went to escape the pocket and it hit his arm and it was just it was in his hand. It was just in his hand and it just drops in film.
Speaker 4: Granted he was able to recover his own fumble there, but he goes to how the day went.
Speaker 6: It goes to how the day went, and it goes to, you know, it's like, how are we seeing this from even now the leaders and stars of this team, you know what I mean. It's one thing to have guys that you bring in to sort of supplement, you know, the talent around you, but now it's the talent that is letting you down. CD was a huge part for me as far as like, what a terrible game for CD.
Speaker 1: And we'll talk a little bit about that, I think in the second segment, because I do want to dive into the body language conversation. Dak kind of downplayed it yesterday, but it was an impact and it made an impact, kind of going back to what you both were saying about Dak and some of the struggles that he had throughout the game. Threw into a tight window on thirty five point three percent of pass attempts in Week three. That's the highest he's thrown into a tight window, highest percentage.
Speaker 8: Since his rookie year in week fourth. There's no separation, there's no creativity. There's a stale just feeling around this offense.
Speaker 1: And I think it stems from not having a liable run game, from not having a legitimate run game that you can fall back on, you can help say, set up play action. Nobody's fooled by this offense. It's Ceedee Lamb, Jake Ferguson. Cover those guys and you're good. And there were a couple times where Cavante Turpin came alive in the fourth fin Jalen Tolbert came alive in the fourth Brandon Cooks had a couple of plays where he was smart about it.
Speaker 3: I thought the PI where he ripped the.
Speaker 1: Guy down by his that is a brilliant play on his part. I said, it's just possible.
Speaker 3: That's a smart veteran move. But he didn't get any separation. There was one time he.
Speaker 1: Routed up the guy at the line of scrimmage and could not pull away. There's no separation on this offense. There's no creativity in its stale. You know, this stale offense is awful.
Speaker 7: I want you to say that, say that number again. What was the type window percentage for day thirty five percent. You know what the type window percentage was for Lamar Jackson yesterday? Zero zero, Oh wow, zero, not a completely single He only had twelve because he only had the complete twelve. But of those twelve throws, not a single one of them was int the type window percentage, the difference in separation was very evident. And even with motion or the lack thereof the Cowboys, I mean there have been times where they've average where they've had motion forty forty five percent of the time yesterday less than twenty five percent of the time. And then the pressure starts to impact a lot of things. It starts to impact the play calling. We went into that game yesterday, I'm thinking, and I said it on Friday, this is the key. You got a drag ro Kwan Smith and force him to carry a guy like Jake Ferguson up and up the seam and just out of the middle of the field. And what do we see, because so much pressure, it was a whole lot of running, sit down, running, sit down, running, sit down right there in the middle of the field.
Speaker 5: Oh that's feeding right into what ro qwand Smith wants to do. In that linebacker court.
Speaker 7: So one thing led to the next thing to the next thing, and then you add in penalties and just lack of execution. We talk about body language, not securing the ball, some throws that Dak Prescott wants back over the course of the first three quarters. And again, yes, you could look at the fourth quarter and say, okay, something to build on. That's true, but that's not what I care to talk about right now, because you lost.
Speaker 5: And you didn't have to lose.
Speaker 1: You did not play well, You did not play well, did not play well. Josh just brought it up. Ceedee lamb, body language. All of that is a conversation because right now it's so early. You can fix everything x's and o's wise as you go along, whether it's the player stepping up, coach is stepping up, scheme changing, whatever it may be.
Speaker 3: You can fix the x's and o's.
Speaker 1: A lot of times, what you can't fix is a mentality. And if a team has that mentality continue to unravel in Week.
Speaker 3: Three of the NFL season, it's going to be a long, long year.
Speaker 1: So we're going to talk about the impact of what we saw on Sunday twenty eight to twenty five Baltimore takes down Dallas in week three, We'll be right back with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 9: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 10: At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 11: Five G requires campable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you for dydals.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission.
Speaker 3: Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee.
Speaker 12: Today, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Life doesn't stop when the economy is uncertain. The market might not care you have a wedding to plan or a kid to put through school, and inflation doesn't know you've got a family to feed. But Bank of America does, and it's here to help. With digital tools to help you save and local experts nearby, you can keep life moving forward the way you need it to. Bank of America. What would you like the power to do. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com. Bank of America and a member after I see Eco credit opportunity lender.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official Oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys, trusted since eighteen seventy seven. Got some fun Quaker Oats things coming up later in the week, going away for Isaiah to get back, because.
Speaker 3: It's it was really really cool.
Speaker 1: Some fan inspired stuff, oh really coming later and we love fantas spiders.
Speaker 5: Clicks over there.
Speaker 1: If you're mic in New York, you may know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: I feel I got it.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it when Isaiah gets back. So stay tuned, all right. Oat's on the internet, on the Internet, it's right there. Everybody's sad twenty eight twenty five. It's sad Oats this morning.
Speaker 3: But it's still loads.
Speaker 4: It's still loads.
Speaker 3: Make sure day better.
Speaker 5: It does bring out the good after all, you go it need to. It may be some Oats pre game as a pregame workout. Honestly, Meal, I thought that's what they had in the gator, the bottles. You know what I mean, I need to get some oats, some oats on the field.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that Yeah, they would have worked out exactly some odi pre not with that performance, there's no oats involved.
Speaker 3: Unfortunate.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: So instead of a forty burger, it needs to be an oh fody an odie burger, fody fody, a fody f oh yeah, a y fody pody.
Speaker 3: We can make that work water burger. We'll talk, all right.
Speaker 5: Sounds like you're from the Bay Tugget.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight, twenty five.
Speaker 1: I just want to run down a couple of these stats from yesterday, and everybody's probably already seen them, but it's it's pretty jarring. Four hundred and fifty six yards of total offense allowed by the defense. Two hundred and seventy four yards last time they allowed over two hundred and seventy yards of total rushing attack twenty twenty, Week thirteen against the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 5: Mike Nollen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Mike Nolan defense passing net. I mean, Dak Press got through for three hundred and sixty one yards. A lot of that was late, but fifty one yards on the ground, fifty one yards on the ground just not good enough from a ground game standpoint. Dak threw it fifty one times. Seven of those targets were to Ceedee Lamb. He caught four of them for sixty seven yards. And I mean it was apparent. Tom Brady talked about it, Coach McCarthy was asked about it, Dak Prescott was asked about it, and Ceedee Lamb did not speak to the media following the twenty eight to twenty five loss. So it does open the conversation of what is going on whenever it comes to the body language and the talking on the sideline. I mean, the entire Fox Truck had a different angle of the interaction with Dak where he says, I'm gonna be you're all day. I'm not going anywhere. I throw me the blanking ball.
Speaker 3: I mean, there were a lot of things.
Speaker 1: It wasn't very hard to read the lips of cdee Lamb on that occasion. But what does that tell you about what is happening in the frustration building.
Speaker 5: On the offensive?
Speaker 7: Well, at least it tells me that guys give a damn, which is good. So that's a start, but you got to build on that. But they still care that's why they're getting frustrated. That's why the body language is showing up. That's why you see Ceedee Lamb in the end zone pounding on the turf with both hands, like what's going on?
Speaker 5: Throw me the ball?
Speaker 7: And then of course he was frustrated with the officials as well. And on the defensively, you look on the sideline and what do you see DeMarcus Law and so Michael Parsons kind of jawing at each other, and obviously it was you know, a brother, the brother thing, and any one of us who has siblings, like I have brothers, sometimes it's just tough love.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: It's like you, I feel the way you feel away. Things are not going as we want them to go. Get out of my face. So, I mean, they're good now, we've spoke with both of them in the locker room. But the passion is.
Speaker 5: There, the want is there, the carr is there.
Speaker 7: Where's the execution though, that's the second consecutive week we're talking about lack of execution. And you're hearing that now from the players, Michael Parson saying, guys want to be Superman, Stop trying to be Superman. Stay in your gap. Staying your lane, DeMarcus launch. He's saying the same thing. Play play your position and trust that the person next to you is going to do their thing. And there was another person last night who said I think Trayvon did.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Trevon dig said it as well when he said, well, when a guy gets out of his gap, well, now there's a big hole right there that you know for run defense you can just run right through or whatever the case may be. And then offensively, yeah, ceedeelamb wants the ball. There's not enough pressure being taken off of him by the other receivers obviously. And then you talk about a game plan where it's a lot of running sit for Jake Ferguson in his first game back versus you know, carrying him down the scene, trying to get him into space where he can do some yack damage. And we know Jake Ferguson can do some yack damage. Frustration tells me they give a damn. That's a great starting point, but it's wholly irrelevant if you can't get the execution to marry with the passion, because then you're just a passionate loser, right, So be a passionate winner and get your execution together.
Speaker 6: It would have been really nice to see him a training camp, you know, you know, like I think getting I mean granted, you know I'm frustrated, I really am, and I know he is too. But you look at this and you say, you know it was here at a training camp at the Star where Ceedee Lamb said, well, this is my training camp right here. You know, we're getting ready for Cleveland. You know that week one that as exactly and he's like, this is my training camp.
Speaker 5: Okay, well then what was week two? What's week three? You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like, it would have been nice had that worked out for him, you know what I mean, had week one been his full training camp. He's definitely still ramping up to Cede Lamb. That we know the CD Lamb we know in love to fumble the ball in the red zone.
Speaker 5: That can't happen.
Speaker 6: That cannot happen. The drop in the I think it was the third quarter, cannot happen.
Speaker 5: The ball is.
Speaker 7: Perfectly punter lip Key in Miami for that fumble. Yeah yeah, this is basically what CD just did.
Speaker 1: You did that and he almost fumbled it on the play prior to that.
Speaker 4: Imagine how different a game.
Speaker 6: It would have been to go up ten fourteen in that moment and you give the defense a little bit of help, you know what I mean. It's frustrating, it really is. I'm clearly they're frustrated on the sideline too.
Speaker 5: This is them playing. I'm not playing.
Speaker 6: I wish I could, you know, it's it is really really frustrating. I understand whether everybody's coming from, but man, I really wish we would have had CD again. This is kind of where the ugly head rears because it was those snaps are vital. Yeah, clicking with your quarterback when your last game was Green Bay, you know, like it's just it's obvious, but you also understand why he held out, and that's a whole different conversation.
Speaker 1: And there was also the time late in the game, fourth quarter, comeback fully in motion at that point, and he's off to the sideline with his helmet off.
Speaker 3: Not even in the sideline in the white line.
Speaker 1: He's off to the side side, crouched down with his helmet off, and he's just kind of either catching his breath or I don't know, maybe he's shaking up or whatever it may be, but his helmet was off and he was outside the white line.
Speaker 3: So it was still one of those things.
Speaker 1: Where you looked at it as what is happening in this moment? And I think it was a couple of plays later it was Turp touchdown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 7: I think when it comes to Ceedee Lamb, first and foremost, we have to understand that he processes his anger in real time differently. And I say that because everybody does, right, And I say that because this situation has come up before. Versus the forty nine ers in San Francisco. He was off to the side, right, and everybody was like, oh, he's disengaged, he doesn't care well. Even he spoke to that a few weeks after, or maybe even directly after, when he was calmer, and he admitted he has to do better with the optics of how he processes. But he said when he gets in his head like that, he processes better off to himself. So that being said, when you're talking about the optics of him during the comeback, he's sitting there, I'm sure he was still pissed off, still frustrated. The optics not good, and I think he understands they're not good, and to his admission a couple of seasons ago. He needs to improve upon the optics of that. Yeah, but I love that these guys are pissed off. I love that they're frustrated. I love seeing them jaw at each other on the sideline because again, it tells me you care and at least that can light a fire to try to burn the rest of the forest down over the course of the next several games.
Speaker 5: However, you just have to go and do it. So, I mean, it would be much worse if.
Speaker 7: We were not talking about this type of body language, where it's like guys were not frustrated, the seating land wasn't pounding the turf in anger, because then to be like, oh, they've checked out.
Speaker 3: I would rather have that over the latter idea. Yeah, I'd rather that the one thing. Actually, there's two things here.
Speaker 1: The first one is I asked that same question last night, what do you think about the body language and how things have been been handled from a sideline standpoint. I asked it to Barry, Isaiah, and Nate in a postgame show, and all three of those guys have been in a locker room, they've been on the sideline, and all three of them.
Speaker 3: Agreed, you can't do that to that extent.
Speaker 1: I think you can find a middle ground where you're still passionate, you're still emphatic, you're still frustrated, but.
Speaker 3: You're not lashing out.
Speaker 1: And that's ultimately and I thought Barry probably did the best job last night of outlining that fact, of saying, guys, there's a lot on the line and a long season ago. You cannot start chipping away at these relationships right now. You've got to build these relationships now. You can't chip away at it. And if you're lashing out, yeah, there's an opportunity to build off of that. There's an opportunity to say there's a motivation factor to it, but you also have a bigger chance at maybe trying to take away from that relationship.
Speaker 3: And creating a rift between you and your team.
Speaker 1: The second part of it, too, is you mentioned some of the stars that we're talking in the locker room and saying, we've got to be more disciplined, we've got to be better at executing.
Speaker 3: We've got to do our jobs better.
Speaker 1: The same guys that were talking Micah Parsons, DeMarcus Lawrence, Trayvon Diggs. You go back on film, and they are also getting washed. They are also getting beat. They are also in the wrong spot. It's everyone. Yes, the stars are gonna get the interviews and the conversations and the attention, because that's what stars do.
Speaker 3: You win.
Speaker 1: They get the attention. They lose, they get the attention. They're trying to try, they're trying to make it a team thing.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: It is everyone that deserves a little bit of a blame to what is going on right now.
Speaker 6: No, and the fans made it apparent too. They were they were booming Dallas Cowboys in our own home. And you saw even those those wheel routes to Zeke, you know what I mean, those got boom man like they were.
Speaker 5: They were really really upset.
Speaker 7: And but shouts out to a guy like Treyvon Diggs for example, because he didn't he didn't try to spread the mustard. As far as the blame is concerned, he took it. He stood in front of that trade. Yeah, and he was like, he was very poignant and what he was saying, he said that, for example, kind of narrowing it down to that third down play that ultimately ended the game. He was like, that was sh blank blank of me. He said, they want me here. I've got to make that play, regardless of if that is the game breaker play or if it's just a third down play in the first quarter, regardless of situation in context, I've got to be better. I've got to make that play. So they're taking ownership. There are guys that are taking ownership, like Treyvon Diggs, and when you're talking about your franchise cornerback, that's the kind of accountability you want to see. So it's not just that the guys are kind of chirping at each other. It's also the guys looking in the mirror, like Treyvon Diggs saying, man that I've got to be better. Like I can look around this locker room and say this person, that person, He's like, no, it's me. And if you can get you know, fifty three guys looking in the mirror and saying it's me, it's not him, then that's when you can begin to really improve.
Speaker 6: It's another thing to also, you know, have a play like that, you know what I mean. Granted his was at the very end of the game, but if you have a bad play like Kylen Carson did a terrible whiff and we talked about it on the show.
Speaker 5: That was that was an effort play. That was a lack of effort play.
Speaker 3: I thought you were about to say it was an effort.
Speaker 5: Play, no qualify. It was in the category of effort, but it was effort.
Speaker 3: It was negative effort.
Speaker 5: It was negative, negative effort play. I think.
Speaker 4: His response to that after that, you know, he got really physical.
Speaker 5: He did. He got really physical after that. After that, it really did.
Speaker 6: And that that to me speaks more than you know, like owning up to it at the end of the game being you know what, I played terrible, like show me man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think that you have the opportunity.
Speaker 7: But the difference in that being that there was no opportunity for Trayvon to make good after that.
Speaker 5: That was that was ball game after that.
Speaker 7: So now it's make good on it against the New York Giants, which is your next team in a span of four days. But really quickly talking to your point, Kyle, I get exactly what Barry and those guys are saying. And Big Nate they know, I mean, they know they've played at this level, They've been in these locker rooms. I will I will also add to that though, that it goes to the foundation of the relationship. Right absolutely, So if you and you and I have had our discussions offline where one in particular got heated and then what happened after that we talked it out and we were better than before we had that, I agree it goes to the foundation.
Speaker 5: So if.
Speaker 7: The solidarity of this locker room, we can say they're not showing it on the field right now, that is one hundred percent true. But we also know we having walked through this locker room every day and we'll walk through it again in about an hour or so from now, the solidarity, solidarity is there. If it weren't there, then I would be concerned about this guy chirping at this guy chirping at that guy, because those fractures are going to just grow and they're going to spiderway block on a windshield.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 7: But when I know the Marcus Lawrence and Michael Parsons are like this, When I know that treyvon Diggs and Michael Parsons are like this, Citie Lamb and Dak Prescott best of friends, Zekiel. When I know that's the case, I actually invite you to give tough love and challenge your brother like that, and for them to do the inverse because the optics aren't great. Fine, but if we're talking athletes and we're talking competitors, that's what I want to see. And knowing that the foundation is strong, I'm much less concerned about, Oh, well, you're chipping away at my confidence.
Speaker 5: No, you're my brother. Treat me like that.
Speaker 7: If I'm messing up out there, call me out on that, Josh, and I would hope that you would want me to do the same. And once we get through this tough love and get through this hard time, then yeah, we can be good again.
Speaker 4: But let's come through this hard times make better man, Right.
Speaker 5: Let's get through this. Like there's a time to rub your back, rub your brother's back, and.
Speaker 7: There's a time to look them in the face and say, hey, you've got to be better than what you're doing right now.
Speaker 5: And I invite the same. So the fact that those variables are there.
Speaker 7: Worried about the locker room fracturing, I'm worried about winning these games, and this is how you got to win games. Get in the face of your brother and say I'm going to do better, but you have to match me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that should be the mentality going forward. Like currently, right now as we sit, this is a bad team. They don't sit as we sit right now, but you don't have bad players.
Speaker 3: It's no, there's all pros on every level.
Speaker 5: It is crazy to me.
Speaker 6: But and this is something that McCarthy has said time and time again so far this month. And you know, it's still September twenty third, but this is September football, and I felt this way obviously having a number one record right now, you're playing these really great teams that were great last year too. And you know, but Baltimore is one and two in the same position that we are currently. They beat us, granted, but their record is the same. Yeah, you know, so I think you have to take it with a grain of salt and understand, like, Okay, this is a new install. You have a brand new coordinator coming into too this season. It's not the same and it's a completely different personnel from last year two and how he utilizes it. Isaiah said that on this podcast before as well. So it's not going to be you know, just flicking on a switch and it's like, oh it's going to work now. It's like, this is why you need this hard times. This is hopefully, you know, looking up after this. But then again, you have the forty nine ers coming into town, who are also wanted to do that.
Speaker 5: You have the Detroit Lions coming in town.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Detroit Lions coming into town. It's tough to judge a team at this point in the season.
Speaker 5: And but but we're at this point of the season. So all we can say is you can only judge.
Speaker 3: But they're a bad football team.
Speaker 4: They're a bad football team right now playing bad football. Yes, not bad players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree. I would agree.
Speaker 1: And there's a chance to try and find a way to rectify that this this upcoming week.
Speaker 3: You get it.
Speaker 1: You got a short week ahead. Let's take our second break. When we come back, is it time to press the panic button? And if not, which I don't think any of us are pressing it yet, fans might be. If it's not time to press the panic button, win will be that time when we come back.
Speaker 3: More talking Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour.
Speaker 10: But the good news is Todd has at and T five G.
Speaker 9: It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G.
Speaker 10: Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 11: Five D requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 1: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 14: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller. Would you, dear doctor, my friend supported me during a tough time. But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier to cry out? Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag, box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee. Today to Talking Cowboys back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by Invisi line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: It was kind of a I don't have much to smile about, but in visy line is sti.
Speaker 3: Visial line is great. Thanks Josh for.
Speaker 5: Yeah is great. Their teeth in here, just trust me and in Visi.
Speaker 3: Line and visil line does their job.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys didn't do theirs on Sunday twenty eight to twenty five, the final Okay, one and two, you get the impressive win in week one, everything clicks right, everybody's excited.
Speaker 3: Everybody's saying, oh, they're gonna be two and oh maybe.
Speaker 1: Three and oh they could have a chance to go into Thursday Night football in the first short week of the year.
Speaker 3: Quick turnaround and play the Giants to go to four.
Speaker 1: No this year, Well that's not the case. No, are you hitting the panic button now? You turn it over the Quaker Roads Bowl. You hitting the panic button at this point? And if you aren't, when is that time.
Speaker 6: For I'm doing the the dad getting a donut, you know what I mean, I'm doing one of these on the panic button, you know what i mean.
Speaker 5: I'm just like maybe.
Speaker 6: Not quite yet, not quite hitting the panic button. If we win against the Giants. That'll be two and two. However, that is also not a good team, so I'm not optimistic. After we beat the Giants, we will beat the Giants. I'm pretty convinced in that aspect. Sand Fran That's that's the one San Francisco. That to me after the bye week, after the bye week, correct, right, Yes, yeah, we gate.
Speaker 4: That is a prove it game.
Speaker 6: That is where I'll be headed either way positive negative. To me, that is the the barometer of the season for me until we get to Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a good one. No, I'm not hitting the pennant button yet. One and two.
Speaker 7: It's not the end of the world. Still September football. You got a long ways to go. But I'm not going to take my panic button and put it in my carry on and not bring it back out until like week sixteen. Right, No, I'm it's going to be right about right in the holster. Because it's one and two. I want to say, if they dropped this game to a bad team in the New York Giants, that I'm willing to you know, But I think then you bounce back and you beat the Steelers. I'm looking I keep looking at the Detroit Lions. I keep looking at the Detroit Lions. That's your next home game. You've lost now three in a row at home, two of which were blowouts, one of which was a playoff blowout.
Speaker 1: Think back to the Lions game that was the one then that and how close that was lost?
Speaker 7: Controversial ineligible man, you know, man not declared that they're going to come in with a vengeance.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 7: Jeez, man, you lose against the Giants, you know what you lose against the Giants. You lose against the Giants, and I'm slapping the pennant. But and you got to get on the wire and look for, you know, possible trade scenarios and who's it free? Because if you losing to the Giants, because the conversation right now is you're beating bad teams, you're losing to good teams or teams that have the potential to be good, like the Baltimore Ravens. But if you going to New York and you let that team beat you, and you go to one and three because you let that team beat you, where's your mental what does your mental do going in? Because then for there you got to go into Pittsburgh, which is notoriously hostile territory and then you have to come back and face the line. So I think that possibly losing to the Giants would create like this butterfly effect that and it guess what you got to buy a weekend, then you face the forty nine is it could cascade from there. And that's my fear is that if you lose against the Giants, it starts to cast gad.
Speaker 1: So kind of along those same lines, and to kind of give my panic button scenario, it's one of the two next, next two games.
Speaker 3: You have to win both of these games for me not to hit the panting button.
Speaker 1: Because I'm hovering over it right now because it's funny because Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: Walk into the locker room yesterday, you guys were there.
Speaker 1: He said, hop off if you want to, hop off the bat bandwagon, hop off the train, if you want to kind of maybe be a motivational thing, maybe it be just a conversation starter, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: He's saying, stop believing in us.
Speaker 1: Now, and you'll probably pay down the line, or at least that's how they believe it. If you drop one of these next two games, you will be below five hundred before you play the Detroit Lions, who want to absolutely kick your butt at home. You'll go into a bio week and sure you might get right in the bio week. That's fantastic. I do have I have zero faith that you beat the San Francisco forty nine ers and try and prove me wrong, because you have never beaten the San Francisco forty nine ers under Mike McCarthy. In a way I'm no twenty twenty that doesn't really count in a way that gives me hope you can beat them in this twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: The year of Our Lord. There's no way, there's no way you're beating San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Right They're a one and two team right now, and they're one and two.
Speaker 3: They have their own problems. I still don't believe, but I still don't believe it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the demon is the demon. Okay, demon is it? And that is Pazuzu? Like that that is that is a demon.
Speaker 3: Ul Let let me keep it further.
Speaker 1: The Atlanta Falcons look like a formidable opponent in the NFC screw, followed by the Eagles, who are now two and one and just beat the team that beat your ass last week. Forty four to seventeen. And then you turn around and you play the Houston Texans at home. Guess what they want to do at at and T Stadium. The target is on your back because you are the Dallas Cowboys. You have two weeks to fit figure it out, or you may just see this thing snowball into the worst season the Cowboys have seen in a long long time. The panic button is right here. I'm not pressing it yet, but in a very short moment, if you lose one of these next two games and you do not get right as a football team, I'm hitting that thing, and I am by far blowing the thing up in terms of not the team, but the panic button.
Speaker 3: I'm hammering it. Man.
Speaker 6: If you lose both of the next two games, that I would take this this and I would throw it through that window.
Speaker 4: Sorry, if you use only one of the next two, lo is only.
Speaker 1: One of the two because even then you're two and three. Uh, I mean I don't see them. Okay, not okay, but I'm not okay.
Speaker 3: I'm hitting it.
Speaker 1: If I lose one of the next two, if you're two and three, I'm I'm hitting it because two and four Detroit two and three, Walking two and five, San Francisco two and six, Atlanta two and seven, at Philadelphia two and eight.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't have faith they beat.
Speaker 1: Any of those teams if they lose to either the Steelers or the Giants. And if that's the case, two and eight might be your future.
Speaker 5: It may not be.
Speaker 3: You can figure it out along the way. You can win some of those games.
Speaker 1: If you do, I think the Cowboys will be two and eight. No, but I do think they need to figure it out of it. Yeah, that's how totally for me. It's the Giants. You beat the Giants, and even if you lose to the Steelers. After defeating the Giants, I'm not going to hit the panic button. It still doesn't feel great. We still have questions. We will talk about it, like what the hell is going on? You know, string together some wins for crying out loud. But contrarily, if you lose to the Giants, the snowball is it's just it's just it's waiting for you, dude. So that could be the pivot point of what could end up being a terrible season. So please, I beseech thee.
Speaker 7: Go into that stadium and dog walk them and Yeah, afterwards, we'll feel good. We're not going to treat it like you beat the Ravens or the Saints or the Chiefs or the forty nine ers, but we will celebrate eight you having escaped a possible pivot point that would turn the season into hell on wheels. And we can then say, let's talk about the Steelers now they will they not? But then at that point, if they lose to the Steelers, I'll be upset, but I won't panic because at least they avoided theoretically the landmine.
Speaker 5: I think New York Giants is the landmine.
Speaker 1: I can kind of see some of the comments based off of that last rant I went on, just starting to pile up and saying, oh, you're you're not optimistic. Whatever it may be, you might be a pessimenst. I'm usually an optimist on this show.
Speaker 3: I'm real. I try and be real as much as possible.
Speaker 1: I have my opinions, and yes, I'm around the team, and so I hear their opinions too, and there's a lot of times where I will.
Speaker 3: Back up what they're trying to do. I just don't see it right now, and I picked them to lose this week.
Speaker 1: I picked them to lose, actually, and almost the same score twenty seven to twenty three was.
Speaker 5: My score last week.
Speaker 3: I got one point off.
Speaker 1: No, I picked the Ravens. Oh yes, yes, right, So I was one point off from both scores. There's twenty eight twenty five, and I was one point ahead of that. I picked a four point Ravens win and it ended up being a three point Ravens win. So it was right around the score that I thought would happen. I thought they would lose this week because I didn't believe it going into it. It's the way that they've been beat not only against New Orleans, but then the first three quarters against Baltimore. Just that's what's discouraging to me, and that's why I think this team has to get right and they have to do it now.
Speaker 4: Just very little fight. I'm seeing very little fight.
Speaker 1: Finally to the fourth quarter, but even that might have been Baltimore letting off the gaps.
Speaker 3: But there it happened.
Speaker 7: It wasn't prevent It was a lot of cover zero. It was a lot of covert they were going, they were sending them and that's.
Speaker 1: When possession DAK play lights out.
Speaker 5: I mean, there are a lot of things covered.
Speaker 7: I mean so again, and I said it at the beginning of the show, and I said it two or three times. I care more about the eleven the previous eleven quarters, more than I care about what we saw in the fourth quarter of this recent game, because the data supports that they are a bad team right now. But it's also true that they might have come alive in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: It might have.
Speaker 7: It didn't matter in that game, too little, too late. The only thing you can hope is that this team uses that and carries it over into Thursday on a short week, and uses it to just flame boil the Giants. Because if you don't, then yes, flip this bowl over and give me Menier, give me the hammer of thor And I'm smashing the panic button because I just I can just the foreshadowing of what that might come, what that might bring mentally to the locker room, from just the dynamics of now you have to start wondering exactly how much longer they would remain bought in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's a dangerous conversation.
Speaker 7: We're not happy. That's not the conversation right now. But you lose against the Giants and it's a conversation.
Speaker 5: Yes, it totally is.
Speaker 1: Totally is if if the fourth quarter, the fourth quarter gives me hope they can build on it. It didn't give me hope in the game. You can ask Barry and Isaiah Nate.
Speaker 3: I was sitting there.
Speaker 1: I was like, they're not They're not coming back. They're they're gonna get close, They're gonna do everything they can. I don't think they'll win this football game, sure enough, they didn't. But what it does give me hope toward is building. Like you said, and maybe Cavati Turpin has some confidence, maybe Jalen Tolbert has some confidence, Dak Prescott has a little more trust in each of those guys, and it opens up the passing game a little bit more.
Speaker 3: You gotta build on it. If not, it's all a waste.
Speaker 1: And I think if if it wasn't for that fourth quarter, I think I would have picked the Giants this week.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'll pick them. I'm still I'm still a little up some I'm a little frustrated.
Speaker 1: I haven't decided any but I can tell you what if it was the same level of twenty eight to six, where the Ravens were beating you down in the first three quarters.
Speaker 3: I think I would have picked New York this week.
Speaker 1: And I wouldn't have batted deny at it unless you only have a couple of days to know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a change to change the script, right.
Speaker 7: What I want to see is and I touched on it really quickly. Seedee Lamb frustrated against the forty nine ers in San Francisco, that whole body language thing. And then we had this similar conversation and then Ceedee Lamb went off over the course of the.
Speaker 5: Rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 5: Do it again.
Speaker 3: That'd be awesome, Do it again. All right, we'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We are going to take some phone calls tomorrow, maybe only a few, so you might want to get on the line early eight at eight A five five two two ninety seven. It is a short week and we are going to turn the page quickly because that's what the Cowboys have to do. That's what we've got to do in a short week like this, from Sunday to Thursday, you don't have a ton of time to dwell on it. We're going to take a look ahead and give a quick preview to the Giants game. On Thursday, so lots to look forward to in the week, and hopefully a rebound from your one and two Dallas Cowboys for Chris Beam, Josh Rodriguez, Patrick Noci Walker. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the Star on Frisco.
Speaker 3: We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 11: E