Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's Bruce. Thanks for pulling up a share for another bonus episode, Table for two. I recently sat down for an amazing lunch with producer, director, and screenwriter Lee Daniels. I'm so excited for you to hear our entire conversation, but for now, I wanted to share our lightning round with you, which was full of surprising and insightful answers. I hope you enjoyed this little bonus, and we'll be back next week with our full interview.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is a quick, little fun quick ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah New York or LA New York.
Speaker 4: Nope, yeah, New York.
Speaker 2: I mean, I understand.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I can't answer that question because I love them both, New York or LA.
Speaker 2: New York or LA, all right.
Speaker 3: I mean I think for me, my soul is New York. I love having both in my life.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I think New York, Okay, New York, Peetown or Fire Island, Fire Island, Boom. Favorite designer today.
Speaker 4: I think, I like I'm talking with Saint Laurent today, me too, Are you right?
Speaker 2: Yes? Sexy as hell?
Speaker 3: That T shirt is SEXU.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what I'm doing right, Okay, what are you doing? Yes, I am, I'm getting I'm just I get it. I look at something and this is a whole new thing for me. I'm looking at some I got jeans. I look at something and I just say, I'm getting a maid. And so what I do is I just I take them to my tailor and I get a maid. So I just I find some jeans and beat up jeans and I get a made leather.
Speaker 2: Same thing, and you find the gene and then you design.
Speaker 4: The This is I find jeans and then I love this.
Speaker 2: Hought them up and make them. Those are very Wait, turn around. Yeah, I see what you're saying, because look at the legs.
Speaker 4: And then and then the same thing for these blouses. Did you see what I was wearing at my premiere? I designed that, you did? And you see my nipple?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like sheer right.
Speaker 4: Like it was. It was the weight loss that really inspired me to do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm okay, great, right, you want to show the goods.
Speaker 4: But I so but I but I but I knock off and I'm inspired by a saint around because what I do is I'll see something from I'll see a shirt or something a thin silk whatever, and then I'll get a bunch of fabric and then I'll say, hey, I'll take it to the tail and go fix it.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I went through a disco phase, the Tony Manero Saturday fever, and I got all these pants and I went to the tailor.
Speaker 4: Well you that's what you were at the at the at the at the at the Oscar party.
Speaker 2: That's right and gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Okay, top bunk bed or bottom bunk bed. I mean, you know, we're all like to sleep on the top bunk or something. We sleep on the bottom bone.
Speaker 4: I think for forever it has been the top bunk. But what I've learned, what I've learned, you know, being single sometimes that you know, the bottom bunk ain't that bad?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 3: Mornings or nights your morning person, a night person.
Speaker 4: I used to be a night person and then I became a morning person.
Speaker 2: You know what sex is like sex? Nighttime sexist for kids?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 2: I think so me too. I mean morning sex have never been into it. I like in the afternoon person. You know, it's just when everything seems to be alive. Anyway, I digress.
Speaker 4: Favorite movie, My favorite movie is Gone with the winds.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Interesting Why I love all the black characters in there. I love them because they're there.
Speaker 5: They don't take no ship, they don't take any ship, and there's and they're fat and and way it shows an African American at that time, that is, you know, that has to answer to people, but with an enormous amount of dignity, with an enormous amount of dignity, and not taking any ship.
Speaker 4: And you see the control that they really do have over white people.
Speaker 3: It's true, that's interesting that you're you're right, But wasn't that recently put on like the you can't like is it?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm probably gonna get canceled.
Speaker 2: No, I don't care.
Speaker 4: No. No.
Speaker 2: Most used curse war sadly fuck.
Speaker 4: And I don't really like saying it because when I hear it, when I hear myself saying it, or when I read it in print, I'm humiliated by it because I think it's a I think it doesn't it doesn't make me seem smart. But again, you know, I'm not cultured. What do you want?
Speaker 2: You are culture? Biggest influence?
Speaker 4: I think my biggest influence is uh, Bob Fosse.
Speaker 3: You are a man that just says, I just learning. Every time you say Bob Foster live.
Speaker 4: Look, I think that you know, he had a drug problem, like I had a drug problem. He you know, he you know, I choreographed early on and H and I see the world the way he sees the world. And I didn't think I was going to be around that long. You know, I didn't think I was going to be around that long. And I and I, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: The first thing you notice about someone, what.
Speaker 4: Kind of question is that?
Speaker 2: Well, like like someone walks into you see their hands? Do you see their eyes? Do you look at you know how they see posture? Posture?
Speaker 4: You have fabulous pasture.
Speaker 2: I do. Thank you. And favorite book, Boys on the Rock.
Speaker 5: Boys on the Rock.
Speaker 4: I forget who wrote it, but it's a great book. It's about it. It's coming of age tea story about a boy and his dog, a gay boy and his dog. And he's a pathological liar. He says, oh, yeah, I lied about that. And you're reading the book and you're thinking, and four chapters and you go, oh, I lied about that.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's the cutest thing ever read Our Boys on the Rock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great, mister Daniels. Yes, sir, thank you so much for joining me today. I adore you, I do want you in my life.
Speaker 2: Friends, hang have a great day. Everyone. Thank you for pulling up a chair.
Speaker 1: I love our lunches and never forget the romance of a meal. If you enjoy the show, please tell a friend and rate and view us on Apple Podcasts. Table for two with Bruce Bozi is produced by iHeartRadio seven to three seven Park and Airmail. Our executive producers are Bruce Bosi and Nathan King. Our supervising producer is Dylan Fagan. Our editors are Vincent to Johnny and Cas B. Bias. Table for two is researched and written by Jack Sullivan. Our sound engineers are Amil B. Klein, Jess Krainich, Evan Taylor, and Jesse Funk. Our music supervisor is Randall Poster. Our talent booking is done by Jane Sarkin. Table for two's social media manager is Gracie Wiener. Special thanks to Amy Sugarman, Uni Scherer, Kevin Yvane, Bobby Bauer, Alison Kanter Graber. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows,