Speaker 1: No, wid.
Speaker 2: He eyeballed Demarus' weight and was right on part Yeah, I still.
Speaker 3: Don't know how to do. Yeah, they got right. Now stand up. Let me look at you.
Speaker 2: Now we're starting. Now you're cool.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say you down to about you about that's looking like one? What did I say last time you.
Speaker 1: Said one seventy two? I was on seventy four?
Speaker 3: Okay, so right now you're about that's looking like one.
Speaker 4: God damn, oh yeah, he's like a beautiful mind.
Speaker 2: It's unbi like he has this rare time. You should go in. America's got talent.
Speaker 4: The just and guess it's exactly everybody's weight exactly.
Speaker 1: Like one hundred and four.
Speaker 4: I stepped on the scale yesterday, one hundred and forty eight exactly.
Speaker 3: Miss me.
Speaker 2: Yo, that's to put back Neflix.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not going back to the streets. That's what every time they they to pull me back in. I'm not going back, man, I'm not going back. My mom done. Yo.
Speaker 2: That's just that's a hilarious, Like.
Speaker 1: Look at what I'm all good at, like you.
Speaker 2: Being your autistic power of weight is hilarious.
Speaker 3: Man. You gotta be able to see I'm saying I ball that that you're pretty much the scale that they weigh the whales.
Speaker 4: Yeah, during Black History Month. You caught me a whale during Black History Month.
Speaker 3: It's no let him know for the journy. Do it for the journey.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even thinking. Do it for the journey, baby, do it for I think you can stand again a few pounds. Yeah, that's the er though. You know the scale, you know, I can see that scale.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Right there?
Speaker 3: You go, look that you used to do.
Speaker 2: You could have had a crazy rap career just based on being a leader.
Speaker 3: And telling don't want that with me. Don't really want an issue with me? I don't know, man, that swist snipp you don't want you don't want no problem with me?
Speaker 1: Man, that swist snippet is crazy.
Speaker 2: How many how many of your friend's families do you think Stove ruined?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Oh like a stove or stove got Stove got himself in Syracuse?
Speaker 3: Stop?
Speaker 2: How many families he tore apart with his old trade?
Speaker 3: Stop his old trade? That was a trade.
Speaker 2: I can tell when someone is telling the truth.
Speaker 3: On Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can't create.
Speaker 2: You can't make that greater Syracuse area isn't fucking disarrayed because of that guy is.
Speaker 3: So happy he made it up. It's so happy the.
Speaker 2: Order could be restored. So happy Stove found another hobby allowed to bring his sun there to restore order. Like, nah, I gotta go back to QS man.
Speaker 3: Shout out the stove gut that swist that Swiss and Stove song sound alright though, Yeah, that's that, that's that lane. I like Stoven. Right there? We are back sponsored by boost on limitade texts and that. How is everyone feeling on this beautiful, beautiful time? Feel good man? Feel good?
Speaker 1: Due?
Speaker 3: I bet you do? Why? Why you better? I do you know some baby? Because you saying you got you feel like you got some smoke for me. You say you got a question for me? You got what happened?
Speaker 4: Because I was sitting at home, sitting at home yesterday, you know, alone, paying my toe nails, rocking back and forth, just really thinking about the lack of love I have.
Speaker 3: Else, Like when I be seeing you with your feet, be you that's your work? Seeing her feet like that?
Speaker 4: No, I was that bored you be seeing her feet? You fear my feet always out in this honest podcast. That's what I'm saying, but no, I get him done. But I was bored, so yes, said, I'm just sitting up there, you know, just twiddling my toes and I look on the net.
Speaker 1: I was the computer, say.
Speaker 4: I was not saying computer computer all outside. He was all over mitched job, oh oh last.
Speaker 1: Ye did Yes he did, Rory, Yes he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I want up town because my man is in town. My man, my man Black from LA was in town. So he was there, so I had to stop by seeing him.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait wait what time was this?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: The nick game had just started for like seven thirty. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I called you and I said, YO, hit me back when you get a second. I was in Harlem when I called you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean you didn't tell me he was. I thought you was a tomorrow Mars Birthday weekend.
Speaker 2: I thought Mars Birthday was on Friday. I'm talking about yesterday, which was Sunday. I filmed here with Princeton. I had to take a hard drive up to Eddin and Eddon happened to be in Harlem, and I called you after I dropped it off, just so we could rap about some other ship.
Speaker 3: But I would have I would have pulled up. I didn't know you was in Harlem. I thought you was. You know you was home when I spoke to you.
Speaker 2: I know when I hit you, I was in Harlem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I wasn't when I spoke to you, I wasn't in Halem yet. I had to give my location, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Hall, I got to give you my location.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I went uptown to see Mitt shout out to Mitchea, and my man Black was in town from La. He was there.
Speaker 1: So I keep telling y'all, y'all hit me next time. Y'all go yo, hit me.
Speaker 3: Niggas hit me.
Speaker 2: It was on Mitch's I g or it was on Mass.
Speaker 1: It was on Mitch. I think mar reposted.
Speaker 3: I did not report it. Yeah, yeah, see that's baby the stars, and you know I did not recollect.
Speaker 2: Was he smiling? Was he having fun? No?
Speaker 3: He was righty like. Was he happy to be outside? I mean I was happy to see my people's man. I saw you gotta go uptown to show love some time.
Speaker 2: Man, respectfully, that's what Mitch has been hiding under the baggy clothes.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Mitch is you.
Speaker 1: Could be the ass under the baggie clause.
Speaker 2: I don't beat that's a that's a coworker. I don't look I don't look that way. Mitch, wait, talk about that black that's my man. Yeah, he was he in town, Yo, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So he was there. Decided to, you know, make sure I stopped buying and see you. So I went uptown for a minute. Shout out to old people uptown. So some old faces that I ain't seen in a few years. It's a good the best side for a little bit.
Speaker 1: How much bad Bunny you heard while he was there?
Speaker 3: How much bad money? None? Really, no bad money played in there in Harlem? No, yeah, not that spot I was in. Bad Bunny would have played. They started throwing them. Who's el Barrio racks? All right?
Speaker 2: West side?
Speaker 3: That makes sense. It was on I got you cool man, that's the that's the Civil War. People don't know about Eastern talk about that when we kind of keep that on the like, don't really address it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, once you passed with the park and then it turns into get a little all that bunny.
Speaker 3: Great food, great food.
Speaker 4: But I told I was like, oh, I'm like, oh ma out without us like again again.
Speaker 3: When was the last time I was out without you. The last time you went, I didn't go. I never went. That's my first time going. She look are you trying to you?
Speaker 4: Literally didn't he admit last time and say that you said you wasn't going and you ended up going.
Speaker 3: And no, no, Mitch, Mitch wasn't gonna go. They flaked and didn't and then she ended up going. Like I opened my g and saw hers and she was there. I was like this morning at eleven o'clock, you told me you wasn't.
Speaker 2: My mom was watching Tomara like I was kind of outside. I mean, I didn't do anything, but I could have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was only there for like maybe one on nine and fifth.
Speaker 3: I was right there. Oh yeah, you get definitely pulled up. I was only there for like an hour and a half though I was going before the game went off.
Speaker 4: I heard that the the Hookah plays that you told me to check out, sorry for being to New York, Mitra. I heard that that's where the ballers be like one of my whole home girls. That's what jered ballers, shot callers, brawlers. I heard that's Destiny shout in two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: That's what they baby, So you about to go about to pull up.
Speaker 4: No, oh no, not me. I'm I'm me personally. I'm not looking for a baller. But I just heard that that's where they be.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about like basketball player or people with money?
Speaker 1: Yes, basketball players.
Speaker 4: The shot callers are the people with money, and the brawlers are the boxers.
Speaker 2: Know.
Speaker 3: The brawlers are the football players. The brawlers, Oh yeah, they got helmet syndrome bad. They'd be so mad. Nobody recognize them when they walk outside. They try to make their name. No, I play free safety the NFL. I do not get I tell you all the time. I do not party with football players, No, sir, not me.
Speaker 1: They always end up shirtless by the end of the night.
Speaker 3: That's what they do. That's what they do. They gonna take their shirt off, They're gonna flip the table over, They're gonna fight security, and then he gonna be on the daily news and then they're gonna be at the podium with the turtleneck and cardia glasses. Told them that I'm going to therapy, put the steroids down, that's what you mean, and get ready for week seven. That's what you need.
Speaker 2: But I will say anytime like a football player has a meltdown or does something crazy. They do now have the awful cushion that we give them some grace.
Speaker 3: He probably a CP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that is kind of nice to have that cushion of Like I could just go wild the fuck out and it was gonna be like, Yo, we can we have the conversation now. Finally, Maybe CT is a problem. Maybe Will Smith needs to put his African voice back on and teach us.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like Kanye's frontal lobe. You got to you know what I'm saying. Make sure the frontal lobes are okay? Get them cat scans.
Speaker 1: Have you guys seen the clips from his performance in Mexico?
Speaker 3: I did that one song he did was dope. That new song he uh.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that one. I saw like runaway can't tell me nothing. I loved what he did with North. I mean, despite Kanye disagreements, it's great to see you and your daughter perform for forty two thousand people in Mexico City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fire.
Speaker 2: Just to let her get her shit off, Like that's the nepotism I want to see.
Speaker 3: I was like your dog, like Tom flies, like North is like a teenager yeah, like that is crazy, Like.
Speaker 1: She's only twelve, but yeah, but I mean, yeah, she'll be thirteen.
Speaker 3: You know, I mean what you're saying, it's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember when the viral birth like insane? They have like seven kids though. Yeah no, listen, man, how old is Blue? So Blue danced on a whole tour? Blue Blue? She's older than twelve? Blue out to be like fourteen. Yeah, she's definitely not twelve fourteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, either way, we'll eventually get to that news and we can't talk about the Kanye concert at some point. But I do want to start with the Grammys. I know you were out having fun talking to old Yeah. I just watched the video you and Black talking at the bar. I was making some play. Yeah, I was even scheming on something right there. There was definitely at a frame, there was something. I can tell how Mitch framed it that it wasn't just y'all to sitting right there. I know our frames work. Oh man, were you able to catch the Grammys? I do want to do a Grammy recap twenty twenty six. This one's powered by Boos too. Boos literally powers the whole world.
Speaker 3: Boost is definitely powering this segment of our Grammy recap. This is our favorite time of year. We get to kind of talk about some of our predictions. Not your favorite time, well some a little bit. We talk about some of our predictions. Who was right, surprises, uh snubs if you will, Who should have gotten award that didn't. But yeah, I mean, you know, I don't. We don't really hold the Grammy to the regard we once did, you know, I guess it's kind of like that whatever, But it is a special time of year for all recording artist stuff.
Speaker 2: We were talking off Mike, I thought they did good this year, Like I actually thoroughly enjoyed the Grammys with from performances to winners or whatever, because that doesn't necessarily matter too much to me. But I thought they put on a pretty good show for where award shows are at these days, I thought they did well. And I almost feel like the energy around Grammy Weekend this year was higher. And I don't know if that's my algorithm or just everyone I know was in LA for it, but it.
Speaker 3: Was definitely different.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it just felt like the Grammys cared more this year about the presentation and the whole weekend. But I could be off. That's just my perception.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of blacks nominated this year, and I think.
Speaker 3: Is that the energy is that the shift that you were feeling?
Speaker 4: Maybe no, for there were a lot of black people nominated this year, and I think that that when that happens, there is a different energy that we see because our algorithms and our connections and who we know.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, there was a little bit of a different energy.
Speaker 4: We were nominated in a lot of big categories this year, which a lot of the times what the Grammys doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: So what did you think overall? Before we start breaking down, I thought it was performances.
Speaker 3: I thought it was cool. There was a few artists that I thought would win that didn't. Some artists that won that I didn't think would. You know, both goes both ways, But I think overall the vibe was cool. I think it was definitely a you know, a little better than it's been in the previous years. And again it may be to what Damaras are saying, maybe certain artists that we actually really liked were nominated. It's felt like that, like the new artists that we really liked, what they was representing so it was kind of like that energy of having new blood on the stage and you know, given the next generation of superstars, like kind of a knight to Sean and win some Grammy. So maybe that's what it was. Maybe it was a mix of.
Speaker 2: It just felt more balanced and not like in the way the NFL puts like n racism in the end zone or like tries to make it more of a marketing thing of what It just felt like a good balance of every genre of music and who should actually be nominated.
Speaker 3: There was something for everybody this year.
Speaker 2: And that's not even like an ad for the Grammys because we've shoped on the Grammys constantly. I just felt like this year they got it right. The best way that they.
Speaker 3: Could do is Trevor Noah, the official host of every Grammy's moving forward.
Speaker 1: He was, but now it's his time. This was his last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this was his Obama second term is over a year. Yeah, this is twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or is Jersey swap Okay season?
Speaker 3: So Who's who's next? Do we know?
Speaker 1: It needs to be Nicki?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jamarison and I were talking during the Grammys because Nicki the Laser was she was up there.
Speaker 3: What Nicki minajs, I'll say, all right, hold on, do we know the kind of like how they feeling about my girl? Now? You know what? You know what? Let her host?
Speaker 2: Like I was ready to go, so let's go crazy. Let her host and we'll just sit there.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you want to see the ratings go through the rules.
Speaker 2: Did you see her tweets during the Grammys? No, she might as well host it.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't see him. Nicki was getting up something, she was giving something to think about. No, nothing about Yeah, let Nikki host it next well, but no, Nicki. Nicki Glazer, she's uh, she's funny. Though she was up there with Sisy who was it? Tiana? She was up there with Tiana. I think she would be great to host the entire thing. She's she's hilarious. But I mean, I Trevor did great for what it's worth. I feel like he's been there since what COVID problem was there for COVID for sure? He was out, he was he was at the outside Grammys. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean to me, I would love if Jamie Fox hosted the Grammys every year because Jamie and Jamie Fox can't do And I think he embodies as far as I like Ricky Gervais with the Oscars or Jimmy Kimmel with the Oscars. They're in that side of show business and they're comedians. Like to me, that makes sense. Jamie being how the greatest comedian music artist of all.
Speaker 3: Time, comedian musician, you can go from a joke sitting down at the piano play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like I would love if Jamie was great.
Speaker 3: He has a great impersonation. He can impersonate different artists and things like that. I think Jamie Fox is definitely he would be the perfect Grammy host.
Speaker 2: But Trevor did Gray from twenty twenty one to twenty twenty six, so he was difficult.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I think we've talked about for the last few years that award shows. Obviously, their ratings are plummeting because there's so much other stuff to do. I liked that they tried to revamp it in a music way. The new artist versus I thought was cool, and of course I'm coining that myself, but everyone that was nominated for Best New Artists did a medley of their own songs together as one performance.
Speaker 3: I like that one.
Speaker 2: I think that's dope just to highlight all the next talent and even if you weren't a winner, you got to perform at the Grammys as the Best New Artist. And it allows us as the viewers that want to debate and be idiots on a microphone to say, yo, who got who? Like I thought, it was the perfect way to try to pivot with what's going on on the internet for an award show.
Speaker 3: And it definitely doesn't hurt their streaming those. So there's that. Everybody woke up happy today, all of these artists, and we can start with that one. Listen, man, it's different when Leon steps on the stage. Shout out to Leon Thomas and congrats to him as well, a friend of the show, somebody who we all felt like would eventually win a Grammy for his Mutt album, and he did last night. He won on two if I'm correct, Yeah, yes, two Tom Grammy winner Leon Thomas Brooklyn's very own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he won for a Best Traditional R and B Performance with Vibes Don't Lie, And then he won for R and.
Speaker 3: B Album and you know what, very well deserved.
Speaker 2: Let's make it about me, Okay, every time you guys clown me when I go to a studio session or I'm I'm on camera with Jim Jones just knocking my head a little too hard to what's in the speakers. I came in here the day that Leon and I did our record together. That's out now, who are you anyway? He played me Mutt the day that we did that Mud had not been out. I came in here and I said, bro, I might be It's going to be the best album of the year, Like this is this is Leon Thomas is out of here.
Speaker 3: This is going to be.
Speaker 2: I tried to get my record out so quick because I knew if I waited, I wouldn't be able to get it out, because I knew the ascension of Leon Thomas was about that. When he played that shit, I was like, no, I don't care. This is the studio speakers, just the great shit I have ever heard in the last however many years.
Speaker 3: No, Leon is He's definitely one of my favorite artists right now, Like you know, just the attention to detail to the artist, the musicianship, and I was happy to see him see him get two Grammys because he definitely deserved. That album is incredible, And I mean, granted I'm biased. I wanted him to win Best New Artists, But if anyone were to get it, I'm so happy for Olivia Dean. She she's fired another another talent. Now let's come with some hate.
Speaker 2: Yes, boys, the girl that's that popped off the verses when she was in the loading dock, like where they drop off all the folding chairs, Addison Ray, she could be dope.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: My first time seeing it, that was like, I don't want to be mad at her. Who's your who choreographed that ship, who produced that fam He just got some random guy pushing a fucking laundry thing to pick you up? And then you asked naked it like the direction of that entire thing was secondhand embarrassment to me. And then you saw the journey through the rest of the Best New Artist. If I'm that girl's manager, seeing the difference of everyone's performance compared to the one that popped it off, yeah, you need to fire your whole thing. I mean, if y'all thought that shit was cool, she looked nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we've we've seen performances some artists before that looked nuts and it's just not the artist that we really you know.
Speaker 2: And I know they thought they probably killed. You know, we're gonna have the drone coming in with the truck. I was on board right away. I said, oh, this is fire. This is where things got really dark and really weird.
Speaker 3: What is this is awkward?
Speaker 2: Y'all don't have second embarrassment without the volume even on.
Speaker 3: I mean, but this is this is loading, This is loading dock choreography though, this is like choreography.
Speaker 2: This is like bad West Side Story Broadway. She's like, what are we crawling on? Like, come on, we were doing? Then she ends up ask naked after men in black pick her up.
Speaker 3: Oh that was my favorite, my favorite part of the set. Right that's when I was like, nah, this is out of here, like what we what are we doing? Good panther right there? Good diaper.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've seen worse. I don't think that that's that bad.
Speaker 2: Demerits.
Speaker 1: It's bad, but it's not that bad.
Speaker 4: And then they took her magical cape and put it over the camera. It's pop it's pop starshit, bad pop starshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That wasn't that mad at it though, but it was rough.
Speaker 2: As the performance continued with everyone else and that kind of just shows and again I'm not taking anything away from that that woman. I'm sure she is very talented to where she's gotten. I've never gotten there. I'm really not hating like that. It's just different when a real musician shows up. When when the Bentley pulls up to the Chrysler, all Leon Thomas needed to do was walk on that stage with his guitar. Did you watch the entire was the stable center, everyone stood up like crypto?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Sorry, did you see the difference when Leon Thomas came with just his guitar? Everyone stood up toward Damarica sand Different when when a real musician pulls up.
Speaker 3: Shit just looked different everybody. But again, people I think were in, you know, in the room. I think everybody was kind of excited to see Leon perform.
Speaker 2: So every one of these one of those crowds saying were He's one of those.
Speaker 3: Artists that I think everybody knows his music is song and you know, seeing him on stage, it's like a lot of people probably never saw Leon perform live yet that was in that building, so you know what I mean. It's it's just a different energy when the artist that we all unanimously is like yo, his album was crazy and on.
Speaker 4: Top of that, even people who might not be familiar with Leon or his album and you just see like you know them, people who are in the country world or deep deep in the pop world or the K pop world. And then you have this artist get on stage where there's plenty of artists, especially in R and B, they get on stage and they bore you know he's gonna get on stage and he's like, Oh, he's a musician, you know what I'm saying. So then it's like, oh, I didn't know he was like that, because even when I went to go see Leon performing, I've seen Leon running from the damn drums to the guitar to that and.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I know. Leon was like, that's like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So music, Yeah, definitely musician.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I think that that's dope for more people to discover him, even people in his arena, not fans, but people in his arena to be like, you know, like, oh, I might want to work with this person.
Speaker 1: This is a real musician.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No. Leon definitely took that tom last night on that stage too. If you didn't know about me and know who I was, you know now and you know what I'm capable of. You could just see the energy. You can see it in his performance, like he knew what he needed to do with that Tom slot. He had to make a statement, He had to kind of separate himself from anybody else and show that he is a real musician.
Speaker 2: And that's why I think ty Dollars Sign has been such like I don't want to say mentor to him, because that's for Leon to say if he's his mentor, but he signed to Tide aleis sign.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys saw any.
Speaker 2: Of the clips of the Tide Dollars Sign jam session that was happening over the Grammys weekend. Again, when other people show you just see the difference Chrysler to Bentley. He did a whole jam session that people come out.
Speaker 3: Tye is just different.
Speaker 2: You don't need the bells and whistles when you're that fucking talent. Every clip I saw was like, Oh, this is why, this is why even Kanye would do a joint out like this.
Speaker 3: He's the guy you don't need ship.
Speaker 2: He had a fucking keyboard MPC and everyone was just surrounding him and he had a two hour jam session of his stuff.
Speaker 3: He brought people up, like, when you're.
Speaker 2: That good, you don't need you don't you don't need men in black to pick you up so you can show your one hundred percent cotton white underwear. You just you just need to be talented.
Speaker 3: What did you do to say? I don't know what.
Speaker 2: No, I just saw all the clips on. People were filming it. But it last maybe there was a last stream. I wish I would have watched it. But I liked Somber's performance is great. Obviously, Olivia Dean's performance is great. H the gentleman who had the the fucked up thing with his his earpiece, he was cool.
Speaker 3: It was great. I think this new artist versus thing is I like that great great. I think that was a great addition to the show. Again, given the new Artist stage that big to perform on because it takes so you had to as an artist. It takes a lot to get to that point where you have a set on the Grammy stage to perform like you got to go through a whole maybe five ten years before you even get half of a look like that, before somebody even brings you on as a guest on their set for a Grammy performer. So this new segment that they implemented to this this year's Grammys, I think that that was a great addition. Yeah, now in some non hat and shit, I want to speak we just be done with the hate. Now I want to speak to I have some more hate, but I want to speak to the haters. Y'all don't deserve Justin Bieber.
Speaker 2: Here you go, y'all, do not deserve the fucking got the nerve of y'all, the fucking nerve of y'all to say anything about the god Justin Bieber and his performance. That performance was incredible. The fucking nerve we be saying about this retire We don't bro we do not. We take you for granted, Justin Bieber, which camera, Justin Bieber, we take you for granted. I'm so sorry as a music consumer that me and my fellows we take you for They was hating all all through. X said it was the worst performance. He went nuts on that ship.
Speaker 4: Nobody said it was the worst performance. They said, why are you in your.
Speaker 2: I was even when I was putting together the list today they said the number one worst moment was Justin Bieber in his draws and socks. He walked off the stages and came back. Bro, y'all, we don't deserve you.
Speaker 3: Justin.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'm apologizing for the world. We don't think he should.
Speaker 3: Have been dressed.
Speaker 2: I think he'd been dressed.
Speaker 3: I think he sounded great. Love the records, love the songs. But you know, it's like, Bro, this is the grams you could have put what statement? Was Justin trying to get us with the boxes and just the boxers, Like.
Speaker 4: He said, with the with the boxes and it's it was a box down version of you ansome.
Speaker 3: He stripped himself down. You didn't see the genius in it. My bad, Justin, I my bad. Okay, now now that now that I present it like that he was. He was on part. He knew what he was doing.
Speaker 2: I'm not even trying to do a hot taker statement. I actually really, like, really do believe this. I think because Justin Bieber has been famous his entire life, and we're so used to Justin Bieber, I really think that Justin Bieber is underrated and does not get the actual credit he really deserves.
Speaker 3: I think we're so used to Justin. Justin Bieber is not underrated. It was wrong with you I think.
Speaker 4: He's trying to balance close a last night it's O Dan, Justin Bieber's underrated.
Speaker 2: We're so used to Justin that it's just like this greatness just happens all the time. Anytime people are talking about pop stars as far as album desography, singles, performance, actual real fucking talent of somebody producing their own fucking album, no one brings up Justin When we have those pop star conversations. Everyone just leaves Justin because we're so used to him.
Speaker 1: Who did they bring up Roy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: I mean the regulars from Michael, Chris, Beyonce, Usher, everything, get him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Him?
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah those are the those are the odd comes. But Justin is He's in that conversation we talk about this.
Speaker 2: Take out the dancing part, and yeah, of course he shouldn't be in those conversations. But when we talk about Adele, just straight up pop stars that are incredible, Justin should be brought up without a fucking thought, And he's not brought up in those conversations.
Speaker 3: But I think the conversations you talked about them.
Speaker 2: Have you listened to Swag?
Speaker 3: It's flawless, great album. But I'm just saying, I mean, I don't think just Justin Bieber was not under It's not underrated. He's not under it.
Speaker 2: Anytime you have anytime we even have pop star conversations on this podcast outside of dancing, no one runs immediately to Justin the way we do with every other name.
Speaker 4: Okay, so well, let's also let's let's tone it down a little bit. When your swag came out, everybody thought Justin like had set his career out, sent it out to pasture like y'all, you were not. You were not on this Justin Bieber wave outside of journals, outside of journal's. You were not on this Justin Bieber wave until swag came out. You weren't even mentioning his name.
Speaker 3: You excuse me? Okay, now I will say when on that uh that that that Diddy album, that Love album, that's that Justin record.
Speaker 4: We did come here, We didn't talk about that for sure, But I'm talking about Justin solo himself. You were not checking for Justin outside of journals. You were not checking for Justin before.
Speaker 2: Do you know how much I brought up purpose the album after journals changes.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: You know we record all this ship, yeah, we do. But you just said that we don't have those conversations. You're included in that.
Speaker 3: That's your Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: Like like while we having a cover, you know what I'm saying, like he tripping.
Speaker 2: That's this is why commentors people on the internet real, you have to tell me what I'm tripping on.
Speaker 3: C B. That's what j B.
Speaker 4: C B funniest fuck. Justin Bieber is extremely talented. I'm not taking anything away from him.
Speaker 3: N he just should have put some Janes on that.
Speaker 1: He's not underrated, but c B.
Speaker 2: I think Chris Brown gets his flowers the moment we have those debates. Sometimes, I even think Chris Brown is underrated, which we talked about as far as FOP stars going.
Speaker 3: Chris Branny underrated, He underrated to.
Speaker 2: Mike Okay cool because because demeris and myself included sometimes with his discography compared to other legends, his his peers, Chris Brown is a legend, but compared to his peers, people debate his disography is not there. It's more of singles. It's more of that. On top of that, everything that happened with his personal life and the Rihanna thing put a stain on everything, which also takes away from it.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think CB doesn't get his flowers the way maybe he would had. Obviously that not happened, and maybe the desogphy looked different. Justin never gets brought.
Speaker 3: Up Africa gave Hims flowers for show? What was he Joe Berg?
Speaker 2: Where I was at MetLife throwing flowers at him? No, I'm with you, but I'm just saying Beeves is never brought up in those conversations. I think I think we take them for granted. I think we take Justin Bieber for granted.
Speaker 4: White people don't take Justin Bieber for granted. So let me let me clear this up. We're talking about maybe pop stars. Okay, okay, of.
Speaker 2: Course they'll sell out. I'm not saying, like, yo, Justin should go do will be.
Speaker 4: But you're saying in these conversations, and I think you're referring to conversations that black people are having. White people who discuss pop stars are never leaving Justin Bieber out of a conversation. Do you understand that? So when you say we you must meet us in his room, because that's not like talking m okay, So when you underrated, say but in this room, like not outside of.
Speaker 2: This room, mas, what hipster barbershop? Are white people having pop star debates? You're saying that the white pef, not Justin, gets his flowers. Where are white people debating pop stars? I'd like to go to that.
Speaker 1: Room, white people, white people, Me and.
Speaker 2: Jeremy The only one is talking about it.
Speaker 4: White people talk about pop and Justin Bieber is not. He's not underrated. But that's your opinion. If you want to just say not underrated, just say you like him, and so you do that like sometimes just say you.
Speaker 1: Really like you got to say he underrated.
Speaker 2: H swag one into our amazing They're amazing, amazing is amazing.
Speaker 3: Last night, Rory wouldn't even be saying this. All he had to do is put on some denims. That's old beamer, what's some pants.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be on this ramp right now if I didn't see the overall response to that of saying it was an awful performance, which to me is insane, Like find somebody that could do that?
Speaker 3: Are they saying vocally he didn't sound good?
Speaker 2: They just said it was an awful, awkward performance. I was like being or you were you listening to how he being on stage and.
Speaker 3: The Grammys in your underwear is awkward. Yeah, maybe that's what they were as as opposed as opposed to what jeans pants?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Fucking uh? What's the chick that's saying? Girl, who got your titties out? What are we talking about? He keeps saying, girls chaperone is she? They had our old titties out? Justin can't sit there and socks and is underwear, you know, I just I'd rather I thought it was free the.
Speaker 3: Nipple always, but yeah, but not Beabs nipples though nobody want to. Some people want to see bes chaplains nipples. Yes, Beabs. Put the fucking shirt on, bro, that's just me though. It's just me. And speaking of outfits, I'll stop my rint in a second so we can get to more fun stuff.
Speaker 2: I've noticed that I am the old parent at this point. Anytime people used to be like, Yo, get this devil Illuminati shit off our Grammy stages, I've been like, oh, that's art.
Speaker 3: Y'all just don't understand it. I turned into that person last night.
Speaker 1: He was hating Lady got got so fucking bad.
Speaker 2: Was that that wasn't lady guy who had all the red.
Speaker 1: And all the guy guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I'm mart don't need to see this devil shit. Just not look at the parent coming out of him.
Speaker 2: I'm becoming the person that I used to clown so much like Broy. Y'all don't understand art. You have to push the limits. But sit there like this isiculous? Can we get Jesus back in the shop?
Speaker 4: But I know you're gay right because about plain about Lady God got wearing red but you and having like a mask on. But you're not mad at like with his fucking draws. It's cool for that's how dad dresses at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, white and draws. You're right, none new nah.
Speaker 2: But was it the Grammys last year where they did that really weird like last supper thing. I used to defend a lot of the Like was that for the Demonic Jay? The Jay record, the calib record? No, no, no, no, that closed? It was the beginning? Oh I can't remember that it was it was the Olympics. Yeah, I used to like really defend that stuff. It's getting to a point that it's it's hard to defend. Just like this is you got to see the artist. This is so obvious.
Speaker 3: You have to see the artistry and everything. You gotta see it.
Speaker 2: And this isn't like some right wing Jesus, but.
Speaker 3: It's just obvious.
Speaker 1: You got got career has always the whole time.
Speaker 2: She had the fucking uh what Wilson looked like and castaway mask, like, she's been like that.
Speaker 3: You're not even ready for that, love God, but she's just trying to bounce back from that Joker too. Movieof that was rough.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: That Joker what was the name of that with Peas? That was rough?
Speaker 2: It was fucking it was really bad. Yeah, Joker the musicals really what it was. But de Marius we were even saying, we were texting back and forth during the Grammys. I don't know if if go God gets some of the respects she deserves.
Speaker 4: She gets it from the Grammys for sure, but Got Guy has Like I texted Rory, and I say, Gody been eating the pop girls up for like twenty years.
Speaker 2: I said, I said, go Got is who everyone thinks Taylor Swift is not by numbers.
Speaker 1: Well, who do people think Taylor talent is?
Speaker 2: Who's the great white hope with talent with the girlies? Yeah, God Guy is who everyone thinks Taylor is.
Speaker 3: Got tailor. I think Taylor is Taylor.
Speaker 1: That guy eats bad.
Speaker 3: Bro. Gagays is a different level of talent.
Speaker 2: Oh no talent, Oh no, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift is talent.
Speaker 3: I want to make that. Yeah, I don't want to smoke. No, But Lady Gagays she's you know that. We've to Damaris's point. For years, Lady Gaga has been killing any and everybody in her category like she's she's Gaga. When they just call you gagahm, that's when you know, like the lady is gone. It's Gaga, Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, h no, Maul, that appears to be the iPhone sixteen.
Speaker 3: It is. That's nasty, man, it is. Come on, do you love yourself? I do.
Speaker 2: If you loved yourself, you would get the all new iPhone seventeen Pro with Boost Mobile, the most powerful iPhone of all time. And even if you're about to say, what about traffic or trying to go to the store and transfer the data, that's probably what that's why you got this this nasteen, that's nasty. Exactly, get your sweet sixteen out of here, traffic. But I have good news. When you order a new phone online, with boost Mobile, They'll send an expert to your home or your work and deliver you that brand new iPhone seventeen and set everything up with boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle.
Speaker 3: Visit boost mobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices. Purchase at boost mobile dot com. Terms apply. All right, get your hate off?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: What hate? What do you want?
Speaker 3: All right, it's gonna be the Rory hatecast. I mean, I'm here, I'm sitting next to you, dragging it as always.
Speaker 1: Do you hate?
Speaker 3: Go ahead? What's next?
Speaker 2: They're gonna think I have a personal vendetta and that's what they do to them on and I feel them now because I don't have no issues. Well my hate, let me get it ivens and I can't wait for a hour.
Speaker 1: Let me get my head off her.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: This is toward the Grammys.
Speaker 2: I hardly got eight hours of sleep because of that Bruno performance.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, not not. We're gonna get to ry Hayten on Bruno again. It's such an old topic now, not televising the R and B fucking Awards and then not having kay Lonnie perform folded great, that's where well, that's fucking insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's definitely thought we was gonna get a folded performance.
Speaker 1: That's in insane.
Speaker 2: Let's give the Grammy some great I feel like that was a huge conversation and based off the hours that they had, that was probably the last thing that got cut.
Speaker 3: There's no way they didn't think about that. You can't cut kay Lonnie folded, how you cut that? I disagree with the new artist versus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he brings up a point.
Speaker 3: We love the new artists versus thing, but that just took a whole slot that could have been broken up into probably two or three different performances from other artists. I get it, but I do as much as I love legacy stuff. I like the new artists, get that. I'm not mad at that slot being there. I'm not mad at it, but maybe it does need to be made three of the new artists four.
Speaker 2: But then it's weird because if you get nominated, like and it was because Olivia Dean went last, right, and then she won, Like that'd be awkward if like just current lyon.
Speaker 3: Get that. Now we know what we're talking.
Speaker 2: But my thing is with this great concept, almost to Paes point as well, what if what if next year the new artist category.
Speaker 3: Isn't isn't John Blaze like that? And they just forced us to watch or Rory. What if it came down to Bebe or Kaylannie.
Speaker 4: B I mean Kaylanie, but we're not going to do that because Bebe is the bigger name. But Kaylan I would rather see kay Lonnie folded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kay Lonnie deserved that spot, but in.
Speaker 2: The same outfit that Bee was.
Speaker 3: I'm not bad. I'm sorry that faction some skims I could do. Would you be mad? If K were, I would still be watching. It would still be like, God, damn whe is his goal and.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Kayline for her rent win for best.
Speaker 3: And our brother. I mean what we surprised? That was like shout out to Dixon our guys Folded winning. But were we surprised? I mean we knew that kaylin he was gonna We knew that.
Speaker 4: No, there was a part of me that was afraid, Like when we talked about our predictions. I was afraid that Leon was going to take it from her, but she deserved it, But I was afraid that Leon was gonna take it from her.
Speaker 3: Wait because Folded was up against Mutt No nah h Yes, it is was not.
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's my ship too.
Speaker 3: That's what this said.
Speaker 2: This sounds like it's fucking Thomas. You know the album, what the song all its nominated. Then you go to Best Traditional R and B Performance, it's Vibes Don't Lie Leon Thomas Best R and B Songs, Yes it is. That's kind of unheard of that you would have that many different records and that mut album is. Usually somebody has one record, one album that cleans everything up. You got B sides that's on Best R and.
Speaker 3: B like Leon a True once you get R and B Album of the Year, Yeah, oh that other one.
Speaker 2: Usually find one.
Speaker 3: Song that means all My ship was fire.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like they got it right, like with the R and B.
Speaker 1: I don't know who they.
Speaker 4: Got in the voting category, I mean in the voting back beer backstage now, but they got that right, Jam, they did that right, and the Secret Boys and that to that, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I do think that they they nailed R and B RB Performance folded, Best Traditional Vibes Don't Lie, Best RB Song Folded, Best Progressive R and B Album, bloom uh Daran Bernard. After we had our end of the year, like R and B list, did you guys ever go back to listen to my list?
Speaker 3: I know you didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm asking rhetorical question, Bloom Bloom is it when.
Speaker 3: You get into your arm what you've put me onto a lot of R and B. I'm never ignoring your R and B list, Bro, I definitely went back and listed that Bloom album. I'm so happy that that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when he ran on stage, like I love to watch that whole shit of people that fucking deserve.
Speaker 3: It, Like Duran Banar was one of those names we should have had in our R and B. He's so draft, He's so fucking good. Yeah, Dura Bernar, his his his his vocal ability is just on a whole different level. Yeah, it's almost like it's almost embarrassing to have that type of vocal talent, Like like he's one of those people that sing, like if you could sing, and he walks in the room, You're like this it is nigga. Is nigga? This nigga? Dura Berna is He's one of those dudes. Vocally, he's on a whole different level.
Speaker 2: It's literally when you're doing birthday karaoke and then a train You're trying to have fun with you.
Speaker 3: Like, we ain't even come here for all that you coming here with this extra shit, all these pretty ass runs you doing and ship like, come on.
Speaker 2: Yeah it takes it takes me forty minutes of my engineering pro tools. You just show up at.
Speaker 3: The fuck man shout out to durand I was. I was happy to see him when whin the Grammy do same.
Speaker 4: So Rory is about to hate on Bruno mars performance, and this time I'm actually not going to stop him because you Jack, I wasn't Bruno. I'm starting to get bored and I know I'll die about Bruno. I am starting to get bored.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to legends in their own right, I only compare their work to them, nobody else. Bruno Mars performances when it whether it be fucking doing verses with Beyonce at the super Bowl, Bruno Mars is a great, great performer that I felt like a very lazy, lazy like iHeartMedia commercial like it looked like like the way Target like sets. It was like the cars for kids set up, like you just threw on some red shit in the back and I don't know to me, Bruno in an album cycle year where all of us are focused on one of the biggest pop icons of our generation with all the flowers. To me, I think you give a better effort. And this is Monday morning quarterback.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: I know I sound like I hated. I just think Bruno is so much better than that for what.
Speaker 3: I've seen him do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, and I think that okay to say, as a fan of Bruno Mars that I think you can do better than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, listen, we obviously this is the best of the best on this night in music. So all of these artists are incredible and deserved to be there. But you know, Bruno just that performance just wasn't one of the best times that we've seen Bruno. It happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do we want to go through some of the categories? I know we just did the R and B stuff.
Speaker 1: We can't I mean, do you want to talk about the tribute before we get into that.
Speaker 2: I want to end with the tribune and and sorry to everyone guy. Right, this is the music podcast. We care a lot about music. We're gonna be talking about the Grammys for a little bit here. Yeah, I will say with rap album. Even though Jid did not win. I really enjoyed just seeing Jid's face like on that that stage when they said the nominees, like it's just just knowing Jid and how long he's been working like that ship was just cool to see. I'm sure you're like to win as well, but that's one of those like as a as a fan, like you feel like you want too, like damn been watching this kid for well, let me say, man, I'm sorry the kid. People get offended in New York. We say kid. We don't mean it in a bad way. I've been watching Jid for a very very long time. It's great just to see his face on that stage. Whether it doesn't it does not validate you. It doesn't change anything really when it comes to who you are as an artist. But it was great to just see Jid up there.
Speaker 3: No Ed is one of those guys that you know, we watched the snsion of his career. We always knew that his talent would would have him where he is now, and we always talk about it too, like being nominated sometimes the win hell, yet you know, getting the trophy is just like you know, a dream, but like just being nominated, being in the room, you know, and being next to these other incredible artists and nominated together in these categories. For anybody that's ever taken time to sit down and write music and record music and things like that, Like, that's what it's about. Just the fact that I was recognized, My work was recognized. So it was, like you said, it was. It was good to see somebody like Jid be recognized and just be nominated on you know, the biggest night in music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and congrats to to Kendrick gn X one Best Rap Album.
Speaker 3: You know, I get it, I totally get it.
Speaker 2: My personal I would have loved to see one of my favorite rap roofs of all time get their flowers. But again, Grammys are great, they also don't find anything I.
Speaker 1: Understand why they made the decision they made.
Speaker 2: I just want I'm not sitting here saying gen X should not get a Grammy what whatsoever? Which kobia I think deserves.
Speaker 1: A rap album we're talking about right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, this whole category, the Grammy's actually, for the most part, as of recent has has gotten I think the Best Rap Album category kind of right on par for a while.
Speaker 3: So anyone of the these albums could have won. I would have been fine. What was the what was the nominees for Best.
Speaker 4: Wrap Album, Best Rap Album, Clips, NX, Clips, Chromocopia, God does like Ugly and Glorious by Glorilla.
Speaker 3: I mean I would Clips maybe listen.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I've been I've been a fan of Clips since I know thirteen years.
Speaker 3: I would have loved to see Stove get one, get a Grammy.
Speaker 4: What album reasonable drought from? Now he's got the album?
Speaker 3: He Sorry, so I'm saying I would have loved to see No, I'm just saying Stove would have got a Grammy if the Clips win. Oh yeah, for sure. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But to that point, to that point, I can you push back. I was happy with gn X winning because of all the young talent in l A that he had as features them getting their Grammys.
Speaker 3: I did out the lefty gun Play, Yeah, shout out that Yeah left.
Speaker 4: The gun Play got one directly because they also won Best Rap Song for TV Off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so ashake. I'm sorry, I'm from New York. I see azy. I'm thinking yeah, same.
Speaker 4: My best rap song was it was up TV Off versus Sticky The Birds don't sing anxiety tg if Okay, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Here's my thing. Running up is incredible.
Speaker 4: It's seven pm Friday, is ninety five degrees. I ain't got no nigga and no nigga ain't gotten memin best rap song, they're gonna make fun of me.
Speaker 2: But that was the performance on that best rap performance, glorial I don't know Gloriala got off on that, you know. But and again TV off is fucking incredible. I'm saying all this so you guys don't think this is not Hey having two brothers that are legends and one of the greatest rap groups in rap history, do two verses about their parents dying with a John Legend hook that we finally fucking love in this era.
Speaker 1: The song was made for the Grammys.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you don't.
Speaker 2: Listen to that fucking song and don't cry like birds.
Speaker 3: Don't, Yeah, I know, I was waiting for John to come out that the birds don't sing they screeching. Yeah, I was backstage ready for that come by.
Speaker 4: TikTok said, John Legends sing like he's driving off.
Speaker 3: Y'all were fucked up, man, y'all y'all are so fucked up.
Speaker 1: You we don't want to talk about John Legend.
Speaker 3: We love John Legend. I'm just saying he reminds me of the w B Frog, that's all. I'm just you know, the WV.
Speaker 2: Frog is legendary. Also also Sticky. I could be up there too. Gloriala had two chances of winning this ship, like Sticky. I think again, I think they got wrapped right because anxiety birds don't sing Sticky t j I F I think you know, the restaurant and TV off any of those could have won, and I would have agreed, like.
Speaker 3: I get it. Why was all Push you in for real dressed like the Migos though the clips in forro wh would they dressed like the Migos, which means they had on a pick suits strawberry strawberry way for velvat suits.
Speaker 2: I don't have the Migo dress. That all you're saying, like just the batch type ship.
Speaker 3: They had on the same exactly suit, all three of them.
Speaker 2: I mean the double breasted one Push had on. I thought it was fucking fire. I was looking up suit supply ship to see if I could get one close to it. Yeah, I just white people don't look good in that that. I just don't much, patdon't. Nobody was dressed the same.
Speaker 3: It was just a little awkward for them to be wearing the same But that I collect them together, that means they got to wear the same ship kiss all wore the same makeup. Well, that's you know, that's different.
Speaker 2: I guarantee that your mother put you and your your sister in the same clothes.
Speaker 3: Y'all was swims.
Speaker 2: You guys wore the same outfits every day.
Speaker 3: But I'm just trying to figure out why Pharrell has on the.
Speaker 2: Same because he produced the whole problem. They coming as a click, okay.
Speaker 1: Yo, Malice is just so effortlessly cool.
Speaker 3: I thought she was about to take that somewhere else.
Speaker 4: But I hear you like, he's just so effortlessly like effortlessly like just cool ast fuck like you could tell he just don't give a funk about nothing.
Speaker 3: You vibe that, Yeah, I love that. Mm hmm. That's that Tracy Towers, It's that Gunhill right, nothing about that.
Speaker 1: Virginia boys, Virginia.
Speaker 2: I will say, though, we should give as arrogant New Yorkers, we should give credit between Farrell and the clips.
Speaker 3: They are some of the coolest, best dressed people. Virginia, got it. There's a lot of cities that y'all dress really fucking bad. Virginia, Beach, Northfolk, y'all, y'all are stylish. That's that New York though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, New York todays bias.
Speaker 3: Because you know, even when niggas leave New York go to Virginia, they still come back to New York to shop. Though.
Speaker 2: You got to come back from New York, go down to Virginia, got to come back back.
Speaker 3: They go down to Virginia to get some money, they come back shop. You gotta come to New York City to shop though, for sure.
Speaker 2: But no, I like their performance. I thought they were gonna do Birds on things. I really thought they were going to open the Grammys with birds Don't Sing with John Legend.
Speaker 3: I thought they was gonna the stir Froy shut the fuck Up recipes take off.
Speaker 2: Man, when was the last time you listened to stir Fry?
Speaker 3: Probably like a couple of weeks ago. That's so hard.
Speaker 2: No, that song is incredible. Hell yeah, yo, go listen to Culture one and two. I understand why Migos is top five greatest rapper.
Speaker 3: They they run crazy. They absolutely crazy.
Speaker 2: I just had some some other notes. I fucked with the Aussie tribute. Sizza, you looked incredible. I'm not gonna say what I said in the chat or what's what's on our list right now that says scissors cans Sis the girls out man.
Speaker 3: Oh oh okay, okay, scissors cans got it, Jesus Christ respectfully, respect I'm saying this very respectfully.
Speaker 2: Sissor looked incredible, always looks. And congrats to her and Kendrick on Luther. It was super funny that bro that Share came and.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, congratulate Luther Van Shrus that's the greatest.
Speaker 1: That might be one of the greatest.
Speaker 4: Fucking Like, when I was watching it and shar was talking, at first, I thought she was like being sarcastic in like a cute, cheeky way, and I was like, nah, Share, dead ass right now. She don't know what the fuck is going on, nor does she care what the fuck is going on here. She forgot that she was supposed to be up there presenting an award.
Speaker 1: She walked off stage. They was like, oh, Share, can you come back?
Speaker 4: And she was like, oh, congratston Luther Van draw. She got so excited, like she was gonna like Luther because she probably know Luther. She thought Luther was gonna come up and hugger. I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: If she know Luther and she ain't know Luther has left us a few years ago, we might need.
Speaker 2: To check that Luther may have song of the Year, like you didn't hear the Luther record that.
Speaker 4: I think I think Share might be, like even when Share said, oh, thank god about the time they gave me this award, because like I got good jeans, like, but I probably wouldn't have been here that much longer, AKA, like I know I look good, but I'm old as fuck. It's about time y'all gave me my Lifetime Achievement award. I think Share might be a little on the scene outside, and that's fine. She's old enough to be there. But I think that's why. I think that's why she.
Speaker 1: Got you know what I'm saying, like she thought Luther was still alive, and what I was.
Speaker 3: Like when Biden they asked Biden what day the week was, he said.
Speaker 2: Vanilla that I don't mind, just don't put don't put Joe Biden on a bike, what like who in the campaign was like, let's put them on bike. But also, yo, that's never mind. Thank We'll stay far far away from that entire thing. What was worse the Steve Harvey Moonlight situation or or the share thing.
Speaker 4: Worse Moonlight was was embarrassing. You know, they had the whole crewing up there for La La Lamb. That was embarrassing. What Moonlight versus La La Lamb. Foe Pah.
Speaker 2: Jay Z made a hook out of it on four forty four, like one and.
Speaker 1: But they called upland yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: That was bad. That was bad.
Speaker 2: And by the way, that the whole crew of La Land was very gracious about yeah, because.
Speaker 3: That would piss me off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in general, they were they were very they were very over the podium.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was that was bad though that that that fumble was crazy.
Speaker 2: And if they they showed what Steve was reading, because everyone killed Steve Harvey, but if you looked at what he was reading, it was an honest mistake, Like they fucked up how they gave him the card. It looked I think maybe Google, I think Lola Land was like above Moonlight in the nominations, so it looked like it was bolded, it really wasn't Steve's fault.
Speaker 3: If it was Steve, if I remember correctly, it was warm that was Warren Betty, Warren Betty. Oh, okay, so Steve Steve fucked up with something else. The miss universe, that's what it was. Miss universe was LEXI, I'll get it. I understand. I help you. That's what I'm here for. I got you. Yeah, I don't know how I did that.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, how you fucked that up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Clearly they got up there, I was like, it's moonlight man. Yeah, but that was that was very funny, like that ship was that share gave me a laugh. I was like, oh my god, Luther van Dross, A room is not a room.
Speaker 3: It came out well over the past. They told us she was going, yo, anything is possible. Now at this point, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I think that Kendrick in them handled that very well because I would have been on the floor. I would have been able to do my speech. I would have been screaming, crying like yo. And then she looked up at them when they came up, She's like, we're luthed, like she ain't.
Speaker 3: Order Rory's Roy's mom said some funny ship when when Kendrick won.
Speaker 2: Don't even put that on my mom, Why, I thought it was funny saving from Patroon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gotta save it.
Speaker 2: We could say I'm not doing this. What Let's get to the greatest part of the grammy so we can wrap this up. Yeah, The Di'angelo and Roberts of Flack Tribute presented by Laurn Hill. Where the fuck do we even begin? Lauren Hill, Vanguard, Shaka Khan, John Legend, Raphaelsa deec Ala Hathaway, wax Up, John, Anthony Hamilton, Marcus Miller, John Baptiste, Leon Bridges, October London, Lucky Day, Blao, Leon Thomas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I pay for that.
Speaker 2: Can can this go on the road?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That? Can we just do a DiAngelo tribute for all of twenty twenty six in every major city. Yeah, I'll go see that exact same set list live. I'll pay top dollar.
Speaker 1: Who was your favorite part?
Speaker 3: Damn, you can't pick your favorite part of it?
Speaker 1: Was my favorite part?
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, Bla outside of the obvious Lucky Day doing Brown Sugar, I thought was an incredible pick. He went nuts on that and you could tell like Lucky knew what stage he was on and who he was with and what what did the kids say understood the assignment? Lucky went nuts on brown Sugar, Which that's intimidating very Can you imagine Lucky Days is a star in his own right, but imagine Lauren Hill asking you to do brown sugar for di'angelo tribute at the Grammys. But I'd be so scared, Like I don't even know if I want to touch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there was somebody sitting right there in that audience that should have been on that stage though. Who is that? Duran? Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong, He's not wrong.
Speaker 3: He definitely should He definitely should have been on that set somewhere. You're not wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean even the Africa record, he could have went. John Baptist did his thing with.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, for sure. I'm just saying that they could have found another song to get Duran up there to you know what I mean, Like, that's come on, man, I thought that type of voice he got sitting right there for the Angelid tribute. Like, I'm just saying, somebody should have called Duran.
Speaker 2: I think Leon for Devil's Pie was a perfect pick like with tone and shout out to DJ Premier who produced that, not that Devil's Pie isn't like a famous D'Angelo record.
Speaker 3: I was kind of surprised though, that they picked Devil's Pie in the mix of that year of all the like, I thought that was fire, and I liked what Vanguard did with that beat, And I mean, where do we fucking begin? Sha Ka Khan came out and performed Where's Love Crazy? This was the.
Speaker 2: Where do we rank this? In tributes? This is this is up there. They got them. This was the top five.
Speaker 3: That's definitely about.
Speaker 4: For Grammys or total because BT used to do them very well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: BT used to smoke that every year. That was my favorite.
Speaker 3: Part of one year. I think they rolled was it the Prince shoot with They rolled Trey songs out for shut us that shut us back about that set us back about you know what I mean shouts to trade, but that Prince tribute. I don't think we needed trade songs from Prince Tribute.
Speaker 2: We'll get to the Mariah thing after this, but we can close out the uh di Angelo. Yo, Why Lauren Hill brought up her ex just to play bass?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you need to I mean your ex just do pick up, clean up, do something.
Speaker 1: You know. I love that ship, I screamed. I was like, oh my god, I like this toxic ship. Yeah.
Speaker 2: With but with ROBERTA. Flack passing last last February, I did think that was great that y cleft and and Lauren did did a tribute for killing me softly. Obviously they sampled that and that's that. That's her record. So yeah, sometimes you gotta you have to squash the past.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 1: They had a little kiss on the cheek that and the Grammy's off.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing, can we go is Prose didn't go in yet, right, didn't go yet. I know we got just but like Proz couldn't have a night out. Maybe get some commissary money.
Speaker 3: Like, nah, they're not jacking Proz, not on this night, not on the Grammy stage, not trying to not.
Speaker 4: To keep in jail. Yeah, he's gonna stay sentenced. You you going to jail?
Speaker 3: No something.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't know if there was some.
Speaker 3: Turner donna let him out to get his affairs in order. Yeah, go getting that back cell back there that back south. Last one.
Speaker 2: In Prose defense bro selling photos photo ops with Obama compared to what politicians and lawmakers do man free prose.
Speaker 3: Politicians compared to what Wyck club do with that Haiti money, that Haiti earthquake com We ain't forget should that'd be the problem when you remember everything. Niggas hate you because you were we saw you, like, we know what you did for the Haiti or where's that money at? Where's that bread at? Let's talk about that listen. And this is old jokes. I'm just you know, fucking around. I'm not joking where's that money yet? I mean, you know we're not in the accouncil.
Speaker 1: That was a nice little jacket he had on at the Grammys.
Speaker 3: Part of it. Yeah, I start asking how much that costs.
Speaker 4: Somebody owe you money, bro, you look at everything on them, might be looking at a nigga socks like yo, somebody owed a whole country money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta do that. I texted that number right away.
Speaker 2: Two weeks later, Why cleft is butt assd on a motorcycle greased up?
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, man, were still bring I thought, yeah, like what happened just now?
Speaker 2: You want you want to speed up my apologies? But anyways, I thought the Grammys that did a great job in twenty twenty six. Congrats to everybody that won. Congrats to everybody that was nominated. That is incredible, even though it does not define you as an artist. I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't be geeked off getting a Grammy.
Speaker 3: Or even being nominated or being in that room.
Speaker 2: So congrats to everyone that made music this year that is being acknowledged. Congrats to Kendrick lam Are for being the how do you word it, the most not award winning rapper of all time. For the Grammys, Congrats congrats to to Kendrick for that surpassed Jay Z most Grammys in rap history. And that's because of Boost. If it wasn't for Boost, Kendrick Lamar would not have the most Grammys. Everything is powered in the world by Boost. Demeris, did you watch the Mariah tribute?
Speaker 1: What you laughing at.
Speaker 3: Right now? What you're laughing at, I'm not laughing. That's wrong with you. I was having a moment.
Speaker 2: I claugh in a moment and then telling me what's wrong with me.
Speaker 4: I could answer your question, Rory about the Mariah Carey tribute. That music heres through I saw some of it and the some of it that I saw was too.
Speaker 2: Much food Fighters, Jonnifer Hudson, John Legend, Billy Porter, Yo Kesha Kesha.
Speaker 3: She understood the assignment.
Speaker 2: I just like that Mariah, which who you think I hate, was able to get her flowers in the way. Prince also got his where he's disgusted by everybody that's up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was nobody available, I think as it was Grammy Weekend. Ariota Grande, Tori Kelly, Jennifer Hudson.
Speaker 3: Not being Weekend is hilarious. We you at as a recording artist.
Speaker 4: But that's what I'm.
Speaker 3: Ship. Was cool what other ship?
Speaker 4: Because well, what I'm saying is because ever when there's so much going on during Grammy Weekend. There's so much going on during Grimmy Weekend, so it's like they might not be.
Speaker 2: A Mariah Carey tribute. You moved it around.
Speaker 3: If somebody we're giving a tribute to Mariah Carey want you to, I'll be on.
Speaker 2: Tequila event do you need to go to?
Speaker 4: But there's also so there's also the part of it where I, even if I'm an astronomical singer, I might turn down the Mariah Carey tribute because that's a lot of pressure. That's not that's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 3: You could sing and they call you to tribute Mariah Carey. It ain't no pressure. You've been waiting for this fucking moment Mariah about to be there.
Speaker 4: Some people aren't real for that type of pressure, especially if if people have told you you sound like Mariah Carey.
Speaker 3: Yeah who but that's fire. And not only do they say I sound like Maria, y'all want me to tribute Mariah as well, this is what I do, Like, yeah, hell yeah, Because if you sound like Mariah, you've heard that before and you've obviously probably almost certainly looked up to Mariah. So now that you have the opportunity to pay tribute to Mariah, you're pulling up.
Speaker 4: But also a lot of people have so this isn't Mariah's first tribute, right of course, So some people have like Arianna Grande has already sung from Mariah Carey, and you know, and that's the first person you would think about. So she's done that already, you see what I'm saying. So this is like the third or fourth one, like they run it out of people.
Speaker 1: I do want to give props to Taylor Momson.
Speaker 4: If you don't know who Taylor Momson is, most of y'all know her as the little girl from The Grinch?
Speaker 1: Who Are Where Are You? Chris mus So?
Speaker 4: She did a tribute to Mariah for Mariah's unreleased Like Grunge Funk, not grunge Funk, but like grunge pop rock album. She performed someone Ugly, well Someone's ugliest daughter, some someone Ugly's daughter or something like. That's the name of the song, but she performed but funny enough just to give Mariah her writing credit.
Speaker 1: She wrote where are You Christmas?
Speaker 4: By the way, she could perform it, yeah, because Tommy Watola and all that shit that was going on with her ex at the time. So faith Hill ended up being the one who officially like performed it when it was like a bigger song.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Mariah wrote where are You Christmas?
Speaker 4: I thought I should let you know, Okay, yeah, two two legendary Christmas songs under her motherfucking bit.
Speaker 2: We have said numerous times that Mariah carry owns Christmas, not Mariah care Santa Now Jesus Fox News, Mariah Carey owns Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bringing it back out, but she deserves better than what she got and I'm happy she was screwing her face about all those people.
Speaker 3: Yet, maull.
Speaker 2: Today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet, Sir Florida's Sports book that it's that time all is it the big one? It's the big game, the big One. It's the week on Sunday on hard Rock Bet, Seattle is at four point five favorite over New England. Y'all are bugging.
Speaker 3: They have four point five four and a half point favorite over New England.
Speaker 2: That they don't believe in the godod money all the way May listen. Man, the way y'all put so much disrespect on Drake May's name already bothers me. But at least hard Rock is loaded with special prop bets you can find for the rest of the year, opening kickoff, touchbacks, MVPs. Anything you want to bet on hard Rock has you covered. If you haven't signed up with hard Rock back yet, now is the best time. New sign ups can double their winnings on their first ten bets. The maxis fifty dollars. That's right. If you would have won one hundred bucks on your bet, that makes it two hundred. If my math is correct. That was Foxy Brown Mass right, Yeah, so I think that's right there.
Speaker 3: And if you're in Florida, New Jersey, the big game energy doesn't just live in the app. Head to a hard rock casino for drawings, giveaways, and all excitement leading up to the kickoff. That's hard Rock Bet. Download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit today. Head one bonus bets not a cash offer offer by a seminal tribe of Florida and Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all of the states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions applied. Concerned about gambling in Florida, you call one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you are someone you know has a gambler problem wants helped, call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem one hundred gambler Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia so we can close out music.
Speaker 2: Did any of you guys, watch Hip Boy versus Mike Will made it versus Yes, I did too.
Speaker 1: Long night for you boy, hit boy.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing. It's I love when you have a thing. We can get into the track lists and this and that both these guys make the best music ever. I just don't want to see y'all rap those songs aspect of it. I could even see in Hip Boy's face that he almost felt like why, Like I don't even want to Why am I rapping a Drake record right now? Why is Mike Will rapping a Kendrick like I just versus is great? And most of the producer verses we had was when it was you know, on IG Live and they were just playing records, and it's turned into a performance thing for artists, even with the cash money, no limit shit, like they brought out people to wrap the ship. I just don't know if producers are the people to be performing these records in a versus no. Well, and then it's awkward too, because if it's just the DJ and it's just y'all going back and forth and just sitting there like this, I get it. It's just an awkward setup. Well, it was.
Speaker 3: It was very awkward for me only because hip Boy can actually rap. Hip Boy is an incredible rapper, and so you know, it was it was kind of weird to see him kind of like stumble a little bit. I don't know if the sound and there was was all the way right, and when the playback mindits, he seemed to be ahead of the music. Sometimes that could have been the stream. Maybe it sounded fine there. Yeah, Buck knows, but yeah, I don't know. I think they should have treated this more like a party. I think it's obviously grammy weekend. I think they should have treated it more like a party, like like boiler room type. Let Mike DJ play a couple of his records, Let Hit DJ play a couple of his records. I think that should have been more of the vibe with this versus. I think letting these two guys perform it just kind of felt I don't know, like, hey, yeah, I did this too, and it's kind of like we stunting on each other instead of let's just play our hits for a room full of people and everybody have a good time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The structure of versus, I think outgrew its own structure, Like after Locke's dipset. It's tough to go back to just having two producers sit there play music and rap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the songs, it's just gotten odds.
Speaker 2: Like I love when Big Big Sean came out, Like I think that stuff's great if you can't commit to having at least a good majority, if not half, of those songs be somewhat performed.
Speaker 3: But it's toff.
Speaker 2: You're talking about Mike will and Hippoy who make your hears for Kenrick Lamar Drake, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's tough, but it's I don't know.
Speaker 2: They have to find a different way where the producer doesn't need to carry the mic version of every Yeah no, just let the records play, like let people this is actually a great host, Like I don't know if Swiss could be like somehow they need to fix that because I just don't want to see versus like I love versus.
Speaker 3: Just play the songs, don't let them, don't don't perform the record, play the music. Let people that's there have a good time, Like keep it. I get his versus and gots to feel like a battle. I get that whole part of it, but not what we're talking about. You know, the producers now the artists themselves are in the verses, then let you know, let them do their records. But producers trying to perform records that they did for artists. It's just a little weird to me.
Speaker 2: And with with with Mike Will and hip Boy, two producers that actually play like NBC keys everything I was expecting and maybe I overly expected that that was going to be an element in the type of thing I thought, like, to me, that would be crazy. If you get Goldie with hip Boy and he's playing at least just the drums on everything. You could add in a little remix, like a different way of going about it would add that element instead of two people that are quiet producers. Man, Michael and hip Boy are just two cool people that kick back and our icons in their fields. But they're not like they don't host things.
Speaker 3: But Hit kind of did that with the trophies a bit, Yeah, when he played the sample in the beginning. Yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Would have seen I can see that with producers that don't actually play, Like, how do you even do that? But Hit Man, I know, again that's a big ask, But to me, that's how important versus is. Set up the fucking keys and your NPC. Not every record, but sit there and do do the record. Yeah, as a whole different effect, different element of like okay, parents may hit. Different when I see somebody like oh shit all right and they once you can see the real genius sample, Like it's like people want to hear it, like oh shit, okay. Like even the way Al kind of DJs. Yeah, with what he does, he obviously want to see there. But he has everything loaded into that and you see him put everything together when he DJ's and it's like, yo, Al's a genius. Because even when we were in London, there was it obviously like we're gonna make it. You can catch those samples. But even when he did meet the grams in uh in London, I was like that was the how did.
Speaker 3: You even find that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was crazy that it's more entertaining when it comes to real producers like Mike will And.
Speaker 3: And hit Boy. Yeah, but you know, but they I mean, I feel like the hits boy they got between those two, they got some hits.
Speaker 2: We gave hit Boy his flowers all the time on this podcast and I'm not doing another justin Bieber rant, but Mike will name.
Speaker 3: We should bring it up quicker. Yeah, I agree, that's one game. Should we should bring it up? Quicker. It was a couple of records that I was like, oh, ship, I didn't know what was it was it D n D. I didn't even know. Yeah, So when he played that, I was just like, I didn't even know he did that. He was fucking insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I want them to keep versus moving. I hope it's not something that Apple just takes to fall on the wayside, Like maybe give Mike Willing and hit Boy more money and they'll sit there and put together. I'll play liven but get more money. Are we going to touch touch the topic that the Internet said we'd never touched?
Speaker 3: I hope you guys in here, I don't know if touch with the right words you want to use. I hope you.
Speaker 2: Two in here specifically are not just going to ignore this topic and hold everyone accountable that Jay Z has been fucking women with Harvey Weinstein in Lord Year nineteen ninety six and pusha T was a handler for Jeffrey Epstein. I hope you guys are not going to be the podcasters that are on the payroll for Rock Nation. You sit here and take accountability for your legends based off this FBI hotline tip that somebody called in that's homeless and suggest yeah, so unhousedus.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's clear this up in a serious way, because these are serious allegations.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: There was a tip that was given to the FBI, by which means on.
Speaker 1: A tip line, right, I could have called in.
Speaker 4: Anybody could have called in and said that jay Z included pusha t qu'ar on Epstein Island doing whatever this is.
Speaker 2: It wasn't on Epstein Island a woman or man because we didn't get the gender. Suggested that they were kidnapped multiple times, and one of the times they were kidnapped, I believe seven times they were kidnapped. One of those times they woke up in nineteen ninety six and they saw jay Z and Harvey Weinstein together in the room after their kidnapping, and then Harvey Weinstein went on to sexually assault them while jay Z was was watching. She's yeah. Now I'm with Damarus. I'm making jokes here. I and very pro leak all the files. I leak everything of every tip that ever came through. I think anonymous phone lines are important. They eventually do get to the real thing. But they sift through a lot of shit on hotlines and they take the ones that are serious and actually investigate them. This lands in the pile of.
Speaker 4: Shit that never got investigated because it's not fucking real.
Speaker 3: It's just it's unfortunate because they are real victims, and that's my asty, like this is happening, but it's just, you know, it's just it's beyond ridiculous. At this point, though, nineteen ninety six Jay Z and Harvey Cohnstein Stop Stop Mall.
Speaker 2: Everyone on the internet was suggesting that reasonable doubt that was the year his first album came out. He was on his way to start him. Biggie had just died, so he was definitely the next one up, and the at least.
Speaker 3: Understood that he wasn't. I'm trying to take it serious.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry people are pushesting that that that Jay was, that the photos of him and Russell Simmons in nineteen ninety six jay Z was maybe maybe he was a little bit bigger than we think when he when he was still seeing drugs.
Speaker 3: And flash Simmons in ninety six. They didn't they know that Rockefeller deaf jam was a thing exactly. No, you're proving the point. Oh yeah, I guess. I don't know. Man. It's unfortunate because people that were asking for these files to be released. Myself included the files and I released over three million pages or something like that, videos, all kinds of things. They have to empty the files. Everybody could do what they want to do and kind of you know, shift through it and you know, whatever they're I guess looking for, maybe they would find. But nobody had this being definitely not Push your Tea days.
Speaker 4: I pushing T was one of the handlers of the girl that was drugging. That's also Push your Tea was like moving her like wait, like that's yeah, this is I don't want you guys.
Speaker 2: First of all, we're on record when it comes to this type of shit. We don't play about it. I know we're joking right now, but sometimes you need to joke about shit that is so fucking ridiculous when it comes to serious topics that actually need real focus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my issue.
Speaker 2: And if anyone has pushback on this, go look at our resume when it comes to these types of topics, when it was taboo to even say and what we actually said at the time when y'all was defending Diddy before any video came out, we was the only pod talking about this.
Speaker 3: We don't play about this type of shit.
Speaker 2: To the point that I'm laughing at this ridiculous bullshit based off what came out with those Epstein files that was true and does need actual real focus. This is ridiculous. Yes, so y'all are making this a stan war thing.
Speaker 3: That's my thing. When you stand.
Speaker 2: Pages, you were happy to see this, oh yeah, And that was my issue even with the other jay Z case that was dismissed that clearly was absolutely insane with the timeline ran with that tooto, y'all got, y'all got, y'all got mad that somebody wasn't raped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not weird, y'all. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I don't even want to I don't even want to make this just a standpage thing because this has reached so far, Like like I said, like when it hits Facebook and shit like that, and the old people start getting in touch with it who don't have the media literacy. Shit, the young people apparently don't have media literacy either to actually go and research things and not just look at the big shiny headlines that the blogs post. It's like they don't even know what they're taking from this. So everything that was released into Epstein Files, like, like they said, under the Transparency Act, every single tip that was received was also released, whether it was.
Speaker 1: Bullshit or not.
Speaker 4: This so saying, oh, the Epstein Files, that doesn't mean that every single thing that's in there is fact. So at this point you have to kind of have to take your common sense and be like, why the fuck would jay Z be hanging out with Harvey Weinstein?
Speaker 1: Why would Harvey Weinstein.
Speaker 4: Trust nineteen ninety six jay Z enough to do dirt in front of him? I just like, there's no common sense anywhere. There's no context clues. It's the same thing I was fucking fighting about when we were talking about the j Cole Simba bar and people are like Jay Cole used to call himself Young Simba and we're over here like, broh, we know that. Look at the Look at the text above and the text below. There's no con nobody pays attention to context clues. We are a fucking literacy crisis.
Speaker 2: And the song on the Chris playing in the background is Young Symbol by Jacoba me crazy. What's unfortunate again with this type of stuff is that common sense is they're not ignoring their common sense. It just fits better with their narrative of what they are doing in their stand wars. Is having Push or having jay Z a part of this whole thing. And what's unfortunate. The FBI hotline should always be open, but you're gonna get ninety nine point nine percent of fucking insane tips. Yeah, now we said release all Epstein files.
Speaker 3: That's what we want.
Speaker 2: We still want more. That's part of it. Sift through the ship the way that BI didn't find the real ones and pro FBI or pro d o J just like this is kind of fucking ridiculous, Like.
Speaker 3: It's just but it's unfortunate because one, again, there are real victims. That's two. When you have a name as polarizing as a jay Z attached to it, that's the only thing that people kind of see and hear and read instead of like, you know, more real things and things that have more credence. It's unfortunate. And then it's unfortunate because again, like you know, to Damaris's point, some people are gonna run with this and really feel like you know, there is gonna be conversations in different communities like, oh no, jay Z is in the Epstein's files, and it's like, but they don't know that this is not a real thing, Like and.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to make a jay Z thing. When we were talking about the Puff trial, you can go back whatever episode that was, we had talked about how unfortunate it was the amount of names knowing that Puff is guilty for what he's done. There's going to be a bunch of names that just happen to be around Puff that are going to be in those files that did not do a fucking thing and now their name is going to be tartarsed. And that's so unfortunate that some people, just being in proximity without any knowledge of what was going on, are now in files that are tainted like this, and idiots on the internet are now going to put that type of smut on your name. And it's not a j Z defense in that regard, but other people in the Epstein files that honestly, yeah, yeah, yeah, I was at a party with EPs.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know. I don't know he was on that side. I don't know him.
Speaker 2: I didn't even say how to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and y'all like, yeh, he.
Speaker 2: Was in the same room as me. I don't fucking know. And now your name is on that forever, which is fucked up. But I think it's also the price to pay to eventually try to get justice though, because anybody that is around that person should be looked into. I'm not saying throw spun on their name for the rest of your life, but yeah, if you was around somebody that did foulshit, we should vet what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, We've all.
Speaker 2: Been around foul people without knowledge of things they were doing in their personal life.
Speaker 3: Even though it's fucked up. If you put something on our neck, vet me, then right.
Speaker 2: I'm fine with that. I wouldn't be offended. You should vet me being around that person, to get down to exactly what I knew and what I was around for. I'm never mad at somebody saying that. Now I maybe just have a bit more knowledge of nineteen ninety six and jay Z and where the fuck he was at in his life. If jay Z and Harvey Weinstein were involved in a kidnapping and drugging and sexually, if jay Z and Harvey Weinstein sexually assaulted somebody in the room together.
Speaker 3: Throw jay Z in jail for sure. And this is just when I.
Speaker 2: Say that sentence out loud, it sounds fucking hilarious.
Speaker 1: The FBI been had these files.
Speaker 4: Why the fuck do you think that they got released to y'all and y'all life like yo, So this person is guilty, it is.
Speaker 1: The FBI had all of this information, ain't charged j with a fuck thing? Like what are y'all like?
Speaker 4: I just need you to use your brains and actually, if you go on chat GBT, what y'all do for every single thing else? Y'all y'all don't even know how to DM a bitch without going on chat chat GBT because you have no fucking social skills. Go on chat GBT and look this shit up and they'll also tell you what the fuck is going on? Y'all use it for everything the fuck.
Speaker 3: Else, But that it doesn't it doesn't fit, It doesn't fit their narrative right because people this is supposed to be the smoking gun. Oh it got them because you know it's fucked up. But people feel like you can't attain these you know, levels of success and accolades and you know things that Jay has been able to do without doing some nasty shit or some some fucking shit on the way up. You know what I'm saying. So for years they've been you know, hinting at ship like this. Yeah, he's he's nasty. He been doing this, he's doing that. So when these come out, now, this gives those people just a little bit of up there is. Look, he's in the fire, his name is there. That means it's something going. And it's like, but no, that's not what that means.
Speaker 4: And what kills me is that, like y'all are going after the wrong thing, jay Z is when you hit that billionaire close to billionaire status. In order to be a billionaire, you have to have exploited something someone like you wealth hoarding, you have to have exploiting someone. Go find something that has to do with a business deal, y'all keep trying to make him nasty, like you know what I'm saying, Like you're going after there's plenty of shit you can get billionaires on somebody. Somebody somewhere ain't getting paid what they should be getting paid. As far as there's a sweatshop somewhere, who knows right, I'm not putting out on jay Z. I'm just talking about billionaires period. There's plenty of shit you can get them for. Stop trying to make them all rapist. It's like it's juvenile. It's surface level. If you really want to dig deep, go find something else.
Speaker 2: And in those Epstein files of stuff that of course needs to be investigated, there's some really nasty shit in there with leads and kids and testimony that I think needs to be focused on as well, and as somebody that is also a conspiracy theorist, and a lot of stuff. I'm not sitting here hoping and trying to create thoughts in my head of everyone fucks children, yeah, or sexually old someone and we've just gotten That's why I love Chappelle's closer off the last special, that last forty minutes of him just trying to plead with the worlds that, yes, some things are what they seem.
Speaker 3: Some things aren't.
Speaker 2: Listen, when Nipsy passed, he agreed with everything doctor Sebbe that could be a thing. Then Dave Spelle brought his mans to doctor Sebbe and his man's god like. Some things are not always conspiracy. Some things are just what we're looking at in plain sight. Sometimes gang violence actually kills people and there's no conspiracy.
Speaker 4: You hear who's th horses, not zebras, And it's it's just I.
Speaker 3: Don't know it.
Speaker 2: It's draining, and I fall into it a lot with YouTube and rabbit hole stuff. But like, I'm not speaking to the when you see one tweet and try to categorize it as this is what everyone's saying. I've seen videos with millions of views that talk about Huff and Hove having tunnels between their house and like the maps, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just like, people are so easy.
Speaker 2: Dude, Like I hear y'all because I'm in the con sspiracy worlds. I have a tinfoil I had on with so much stuff, Like we are dragging this so far with so much stuff, and I'm not even saying specifically to the people that I may champion for, But dude, can we just know. I don't think that Jay Z and Harvey Weinstein sexually assaulted somebody together in a room.
Speaker 3: In nineteen ninety six. I just don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think pusha t was a handler for some Do I think there was probably handlers around one hundred percent? Do I think push your Tea may have been at a party that this person maybe was at.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what's crazy about old shit? We just said and said, they're gonna try to paint it like we making excuses.
Speaker 2: No, No, for sure, I already knew how none of this, none.
Speaker 3: Of this is gonna be like Okay, I can kind of understand that thought process, and.
Speaker 4: Once you start going down that rabbit hole is just like, why am I explaining myself to very stupid.
Speaker 3: And people that also are.
Speaker 2: Misrepresenting jay Z's history because they just they found out what reasonable doubt was the.
Speaker 3: Day this came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they don't know that he sold fucking like, uh, what the thirty thousand copies in a time when people were doing quadruple platinum. Even jay Z jokes in interviews when he would walk around with Biggie I think it was on one fen or something. He's just like, dude, I was going to the supermarket. I sold like fifteen thousand records. No one knehere the fuck I was yeah, like I think Rosenberger asked like, yo, was it crazy when you move with big Like did you had to move severy He's like, dude, I sold fifteen thousand, No one knew who the fuck I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I literally just would go to the supermarket, like Harve Harvey knew him.
Speaker 2: Did jay Z Harvey Wynstein eventually work together thousand percent?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Eh, not in ninety six. I'll promise you that.
Speaker 2: I also don't believe Harvey Weinstein and jay Z sexually sold someone in a room together in two thousand and seven. Yeah, but that's another conversation. You guys are just now using Wikipedia to put together a narrative of a history you don't even understand. Just be very careful because it works for your r people got to be very careful.
Speaker 3: Yes, they are. Na, there are nasty people out here. There are there disgusting people that should be thrown under the jail. Shit, you get me to talking too long. I think those type of people should be killed. That's just me. I'm just I'm just different when it comes to that. Oh no, I'm on the side. If you.
Speaker 2: Grape someone, we should throw you onto the jit like, shoot you.
Speaker 3: To the lions, dip you and barbecue sauce to the lions, shoot you out back. Yeah, I'm with that. But everybody that is successful, everybody that has you know, reached heights that coming from the places we're from, don't seem don't seem attainable. They they all did not do nasty things, and then they're not those type of people. A lot. It's a lot of very good, very you know, great moral compass and integrity and honorable people that get to those heights and do it the right way, that don't do no nasty shit. And it's just fucked up when we feel like we can only make it to those levels because we did some nasty shit. That's just it's stupid to do that. We shouldn't do it again. The ones that are nasty and do shit like that, let's do away with them. You know, I have nothing to Those are pieces of shit. But there's some people that are just genuinely good people that are very successful and have done well for themselves, and we should just leave that there and respect people's talent and not be so quick to throw nasty shit on somebody's jacket, all in the name of a conspiracy and trying to piece it together for content or whatever it is. It's just disrespectful, it's distasteful, and it's fucked up because there are real victims out there. No for sure.
Speaker 2: To get out of that whole nasty weekend. Keep the Epstein files coming, but let's orders keep a conscious straight mind through reading them. But cour Stevenson, congratulations. I mean, I did anyone think otherwise?
Speaker 3: I thought there would be a closer fight. Yeah, I was bugging, he's not acting like your females like s my guy being biased and no, I had court winning, but I didn't think it would look the way it did. He got his as. Yeah, he definitely. I didn't think it would look that way. But shout out to Cote Stevenson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congrats, and shout out to our brother Prince Miller, who had an interview with him right before the fight. He also had an interview with Jay Prince, who manages Chart Stevenson, so check that out on his YouTube page. Interview both of them after the fight was kicking it, which I thought was a cool sit down. But outside of the court beaten Lopez's ass.
Speaker 3: Another Miller, Jerald Miller, there was a lot of Millers Gerald, Darrell, Darrell, I'mrell Miller. He's a legend. This is going. We've never seen no ship like this. He literally got the two pay knocked off his night. He got his wig blown off, he got his wig blown off, he got his wig pushed back. I mean, he had to know, like this was like a possible There's no way he went and got this head piece put on his head and thought that it was secure enough to withstand a fucking left hook to the face. I blame the Paul Brothers.
Speaker 2: Why serious boxing has obviously, I would say, taken a hit, but a lot of us have numbers wise, have watched more of the spectacle stuff. We saw Mike Tyson with his ash cheeks out fighting the Paul brother like, you gotta do shit now to go viral, and if you're in the undercard.
Speaker 1: Bro, he did not do this.
Speaker 3: He did that.
Speaker 2: Oh if y'all think this is an accident, y'all out of y'all fucking mind.
Speaker 3: He thought that he thought that was secured up there. He didn't think that a punch is gonna knock that loose. You got to beat us.
Speaker 4: Sweat, Yeah, that was he was sweating in the sweat probably loosened it more than he thought it was.
Speaker 2: He did not he was gonna sweat in his fight, but not not to the point where it was gonna peel off like that.
Speaker 3: No, he looked like a pringle can.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it was stage where he was waiting for a right uppercut to get the whole two payoffs, but he knew at some point, even if he was getting busy, way possibility that that ship was coming off. Y'all come on, And I'm not mad at the setup like that is crazy and undercas oviral is a thing you have to play these games. Boxers are the best marketers on earth.
Speaker 3: That's the gig. I get what you're saying, but that's a you.
Speaker 2: Think Tyson just happened to have no no fucking draws on when he walked away from that camera.
Speaker 3: But that was a way in though right was framed.
Speaker 2: When have we ever seen someone walk away from an interview and it stay framed the exact same way. That's the lock that was planned and everyone knows now outside of how you used to just promote boxing with spectacles. Now you got to do spectacles in the ring.
Speaker 4: But that was bad thinking as a constant creator, you know creator?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, and I think boxers are they invented marketing and content creation?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is this this one, don't I'm not content. I'm saying you wrong. But whoever thought of this one? They need a raise.
Speaker 2: We need to call somebody that that does for real and glues that ship in and they'll let us know if they knew that ship was coming off, because no way you glue to pay on as someone that does as a crap. That brother, he's gonna come off, you know, right, Yeah, but you speak to that. She knows about wigs and two pays.
Speaker 3: She's a woman.
Speaker 1: Sometimes just ship lift more.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you get more sweat and get oilier, get more oily than you think, and some ship can lift up.
Speaker 1: It can happen sometimes.
Speaker 2: Every world fight the wig comes off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're not hitting like this exactly.
Speaker 2: They're hitting way less.
Speaker 3: No, you're about a wig on a on a guy. You never seen no goy. Same lace front can cut it off. You've never seen a god get his wig punched off on world stuff. I know.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, you're saying, baby, and I'm saying every woman, but the lace front everything comes off, The glue comes off.
Speaker 3: No, but a wig and a hair piece of tupid, that's to different things.
Speaker 2: A wig is it the same lace front glue?
Speaker 3: Yes or no?
Speaker 1: I don't know what glue he used. But I know if.
Speaker 3: A gorilla he put gorilla glue on that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: If I'm his girl, I'm in the audience, I'm mortified. I'm leaving, not only as you getting your ass.
Speaker 3: Well, if you his girl and he went and got a hair piece, period, you mortified. Just get the baldy what you're doing.
Speaker 1: She might not know some hair piece.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 1: He said, he knows you know his girl, like I still love you.
Speaker 3: How do you know his girlfriend?
Speaker 1: She used to hang out best.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you know, she said, I still love you. M h yo.
Speaker 2: That's a wild sixgrees of separation. Peace know his girl?
Speaker 3: How does peace know this man's girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Is he from uh? Is he from Brooklyn?
Speaker 3: He sounds like you're from New York? Yeah? In the postfight he's sound he definitely sounding from New York.
Speaker 2: I will either way. I mean getting in the ring. Shout out to him forgetting it, just getting in there. Anybody that gets in the ring to fight, I have. You have my respect for sure, and I respect being an undercard and going viral this way. If you don't think he's gonna get more eyes the next time he fights.
Speaker 3: Oh, he about to get brand deals. He about to get all kind of deals after that, And I just don't think it's accident. I mean, sometimes magic just happens. Yeah, fact, No, that's the fact. That is a fact. Maybe D says something. Sometimes magic just happens. I might look crazy in the moment. That is a factor. But if we spind this the right way, if I got the right people around me to spend this the right way, we all right, we're gonna eat.
Speaker 2: I just think if you're putting on the two pay for a fight, you really care about your image.
Speaker 1: Like he wears a two pay regularly, I'm not just don't.
Speaker 2: Know his life.
Speaker 1: If I wear too, his girlfriend, I don't see my ship sit up regularly.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna go into the fight with a body and then come back with a two pay.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: You can run around with the two pay and then just take it over like shame my head for the fight. Vasiline is when you hit it's it's a little easier if I don't have hair, like.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna lie. Well, that shit came up.
Speaker 4: You know how, when like back on like the like the old cartoons, when they hitch in your head with like the mat with the little thing and then like the head swell up on the top.
Speaker 1: That's what he looked like.
Speaker 3: Bro, that ship looked crazy, yo. Putting on someone else's two pay that got knocked off in the.
Speaker 1: That's like catching the catching the game ball.
Speaker 3: But didn't he say after the fight something like he picked up the wrong but he thought it was a shampool or something. It was it was ammonia, That's what I think he said. Oh, and it's his post his post game said something like that was the reason, Like it was like it took his hair. It was ammonia he put in his hair. Oh wow, that's ship. How did you even make that mistake?
Speaker 2: One of my one of my line brothers, we were in college that I don't know, his barber like fucked up with cleaning the clippers and and when he gave him a haircut, he started losing all his hair. And everyone that got cut that day, same shit happened.
Speaker 3: Like from what from what dirty clippers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was something I forgot exactly what he found out what was on the clippers that somebody had or some ship and he started his whole ship.
Speaker 3: Bro, you gotta see that ship before I sit so, yeah, that ship better be here. He won.
Speaker 4: I didn't know, that's what's up.
Speaker 2: I thought you were joking, he said when he was getting asked. I mean watch the fight.
Speaker 1: He won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he won. He just you know, he's a viral sensation today. But he won.
Speaker 1: Oh they said.
Speaker 4: He said in the ring afterward that he lost his hair a couple of days earlier, so this is new to him. A couple of days earlier, after using a bottle of shampool, he found out his mother's house that was like ammonium bleached. Miller laughed, saying he knocked that ship off and called himself a comedian. Okay, so he's new to being bald headed. I would have got a two pay two.
Speaker 2: No, I would have sat out to shave my head. Yeah, for the fight. I could rub vascoline all over the.
Speaker 3: Ball and go baldy for the fight, like I'm a boxer. Bro the other dude ball like we both hit bald. That's it. You can put vasoline is better. I'm not getting a hair piece. I'm not doing that. That's just great hair pieces. Damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Hair.
Speaker 3: They call it a hair system. Hair hair system.
Speaker 2: You know, I give a lot of respect to the NFL players that play with dreads. I don't know how the fuck they do that locks like that. That's kind of nuts to me. Why it would be an insecurity thing for me. If I'm a running back, I would just have the fear that someone is going to grab my hair when I'm when I'm going past the outside linebacker, they just may grab that.
Speaker 4: They just try to do that with Troy Polamolo. Shout out to Troy Palamolo for going to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: It wasn't already. Now with the timing, I think that does so he've been in the Hall of Fame. But yes, shout out to Troy poalm I mean definitely first ballot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely fucking deserves. But I mean you want to talk real conspiracies, Yeah, keeping Bill out the Hall of Fame, It's it's been covered everywhere. We don't need to do a lot of time on it. I'm not going to say anything that every sports pundit hasn't said already.
Speaker 3: But what are we doing right now? Bill Belichick? What are we doing? What we what do we It's crazy, but he has to be in Hall of Fame. It's just nothing even talking about that, but.
Speaker 2: The greatest, not even arguably if you can go with the stats greatest coach of all time, why is that not first ballot? And if you want to go with the flay Gate and spygate, all right, keep that same energy when when it's Brady's stern and tell me Brady getting Ship get in the boot for first ballot Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Well maybe they want them to go in together. That's not maybe.
Speaker 2: I mean that the Hall of Fame is built up mostly of writers and Ship. And you know Bill was not a media darling.
Speaker 3: He ain't got to be. We win that many fucking games. Themerous is giving us one of these do all right?
Speaker 2: Well, for this is a big moment for us. If we're not going to do a full top because everyone talked about it, but the integrity of the NFL is being questioned, Marius, That's that's a big thing for us.
Speaker 3: Okay, look at the marriage vision board. Put what is that? That's by she got vitamins up there? What is that?
Speaker 4: That's that's actually ADHD medication because I want to get medicated for my ADHD.
Speaker 3: Oh that was young, that's twenty twenty five. Anyway, you got to up. You gotta update it. What on hair did you did you meet? Well?
Speaker 4: I did fall in love okay, okay, Unfortunately I did go viral.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: I did read a lot. I did go on vacation. My hair did get longer. I did get a new apartment. So the majority of that actually did come true.
Speaker 3: Did you set any insile on the beach?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: Nice? Okay? Are we there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Only thing that really didn't come the brand trip, the money and the abs. The abs were there for a second though. They left, but I think on their way back. No, they had to go get milk down their way back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, abs like when they saw your father wants to store to get cigarettes. That niggas in the prison. He ain't coming back. He won't be back.
Speaker 1: They're coming, They're coming back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What did you put on your board?
Speaker 2: I took a picture of it. Punk ass honkys.
Speaker 1: It's black, It's Black History Month, all the non black.
Speaker 3: I like Honkey. I wish we'd bring hockey back. Good word love Honkey. Honkey is a good one. And shout out to the Honky Tonk Man, one of my favorite restlus man right there, and maybe maybe Cracker back this year.
Speaker 1: Oh, cracker never left.
Speaker 4: You know what, Last time I played around like this, y'all took it and clipped it in staid I was a racist.
Speaker 1: I am joking. This is my white friend. I can joke with him.
Speaker 4: I do not use We need to do this because we need this is a better world our white friends, and throw fake racist jokes at him, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like it's good, we need this dialogue.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone is going to say that Damaris is racist because she called me honk.
Speaker 4: Seriously, anyway, Happy Black History Mond.
Speaker 3: Happy Black History Month. If you celebrate Black History Month, I guess I don't know how the.
Speaker 4: Fuck you don't celebrate black I celebrate Black History every day, every year, period.
Speaker 2: Every words of Kanye West make black history every day.
Speaker 3: I don't need a month. We talk about legendary black artists, athletes, musicians, creators. Every day. Every day, every day is Black History period. But if you don't February, I get it. I understand. I'm not going to be that guy. I'm not gonna be a stickler.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is February, so yes, and in.
Speaker 2: The words of Bill Burr, shortest month. These are tropical people. Maybe give them July makes me these are tropical people. Will talk to y'all soon. Be safe, be blessed.
Speaker 3: I'm not new, he's just just peace.