Speaker 1: He is drink chants, motherfucking podcast makes He's a legendary queens rapper. He ain't say greed as your boy in O R eight's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 2: What Ups d j e f N?
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you me and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans.
Speaker 2: Mother postcavery Ds.
Speaker 1: New Year c Listen, It's time for drink Champions.
Speaker 2: Drink up, motherfuck motheruck. But it gonna be your boy in O R e. What up is d J e f N? It minna take me crazy world? Yeah, all makes up. And let me just tell you something.
Speaker 1: We saw this this show, this podcast. We said, we want to interview people that are legend people that have paved the way. This man has arguably have one of the best hip hop videos of all times. I went and I researched it myself. I thought that Buster and Missy changed the video scene and I really realized that it wasn't there. It was this motherfucker. And not only that, There's something about the West that's right now happening. I mean the ogs, you know what I mean? The young gins, the middle people. This guy's a lyricists and lyricists. Man. I've been listening to his music for the for all these days, and one thing I know. Two things were certain. He is an alcoholic. On every one of his songs, he's talking about a fifth of something. This motherbugg is a real deal. He's an icon.
Speaker 2: He's a legend, tycoon. Our friends the.
Speaker 1: Learn on the show, yet alumni of the show.
Speaker 2: Oh when it.
Speaker 1: Comes to lyricis that's what's great about this man. This man can make a record that go to the globals, and he can make an underground underground people who respect them. He is the motherfucking one of the illess lyricists, one of the illest people, one of the illis legends in this game. I'm proud to have them on this goddamn show. You know that's you know what's so good about you? Like I We got to recently, hopefully this the interview is out by then, but we got to recently interview Dre and Snoop and was before I recognized you at the at the front row. One thing that I noticed is you have a trait that I have is no matter how much that we love this game. It doesn't take away from you being fans of other people.
Speaker 2: And I was seeing you.
Speaker 1: You had your phone up, I'm looking at it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, that's exactly how.
Speaker 1: Just because like like Buster or NADS or somebody's my friend, take away from me being a fan.
Speaker 2: And I love seeing you absolutely.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Listen, before I was an artist, I was a fan. I was I was a consumer. I would go and buy CDs, I will go listen to it. I would I would be excited about the release date.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'd be excited about my favorite artists coming out. And so now fast forward to be able to consider these people my peers, you know what I'm saying, To be able to you know, like really rock with them and they rock with me, and you know, it's just a surreal feeling. So yeah, you know that you guys kill that interview. You know I killed it. And so when when I when I was there, man and just seeing them two together, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Know what the funny part about that is, ah, it reminded me of me a compone a little bit, because like, no matter how much me a compone will be beefing or whatever, whatever. As soon as we get together in the same room, we just started laughing. Like when Snoop said, Snoop said, I left the studio because Drake came to the studio.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know, you're the only person.
Speaker 4: Say that, like I left the studio because Drake.
Speaker 2: Well, I understand that, because I don't understand that. Okay, okay, okay. So it's Dre really like that studio.
Speaker 1: He's well, let me let me put this.
Speaker 2: Let me put this to a correct way.
Speaker 3: Dre is a master at his craft, and he expects a certain level of perfection if you understand what that means. And and and he we call him the guillotine because yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because.
Speaker 1: We call him the guillotine because there's levels to it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When he like you, when he likes you and he's and he's working with you, then he'll just be like, I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, you can do.
Speaker 1: Better than that.
Speaker 3: Like he like he'll say stuff like that, which is kind of like a bunch of the gut anyway. But I've seen him like turn the music down, and I've seen him get up and leave the room. When somebody is like not performing the way he wants to write, you know what I'm saying. So so I understand, like he says he don't like everything. He know, he don't like nothing, you know what I'm saying, Like he likes absolutely nothing. So so understood what Snoop said that. Yo, I just want to leave the room, you know what I'm saying, because I didn't want him to come in there and say yes and that he wasn't instead of going there and just tell they start being a guillotine and start telling niggas here.
Speaker 2: Like he don't like none of it. But it's dope? Though?
Speaker 1: Is that? Is that because you know the one thing that I listen me being a vocalist, Nothing that comes out of that camp you guys are always sound so clear.
Speaker 5: But is it a sacrifice for that, like because because.
Speaker 1: You've got to do it fifteen million times? No?
Speaker 3: I mean, once you understand what he's looking for, did you kind of go there already?
Speaker 2: Okay? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Everybody comes in, Everybody kind of designs their style and their lyrics and all that stuff before they get in that room and they tune in to the way they like it, but when you get it in front of doctor Dre, he tunes it up in different frequencies. Yeah, he's looking for something else. He don't care about the style and all that, you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, that's part of it, but it's certain.
Speaker 2: It's certain frequencies that you got to hit.
Speaker 3: And so that's talking about with music, talking about with vocals, talk about with lyric content. All of that stuff has to be at an optimum level. So so once you understand that about him, then you start just understanding like how to get there. And sometimes you know, he'll, you know, he'll he'll go try something different because you don't want to start sounding the same all the time, you know what I'm saying. But that's how it is, you know. But when you rise to that level and you hit those marks, what comes out is a legacy, you know what I'm saying, Like the longevity of the records, the staying power of old records.
Speaker 2: There's something about it.
Speaker 6: But the real question is how many records do you have with Dre that are in the stash that probably we never will have no idea because how much of a perfectioncy is.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. You got albums, Yeah, he's got what.
Speaker 2: Drake got a vault.
Speaker 3: They got a vault and it's basically like like folder after folder after folder after folder of songs that like we everybody in this room would go absolutely ape shit over these songs. But Dre is like, you know what I'm saying, it's cool. Like motherfuckers, you would never think he worked with he's working with him, and he's like, he's like, why why don't.
Speaker 2: You put these?
Speaker 3: Like you you got like seventeen albums, twenty albums. He's like, ass cool, you know what I'm saying. And he don't do shit for money, you know what I'm saying, Like, he's got to feel it. He gotta believe it. He gotta feel it, you know what I'm saying. And that's when those records come out, you know.
Speaker 2: So let's take it to the beginning. Yeah, ah, was you started on Loud at first?
Speaker 1: Was it Loud? It was Loud Records was the first label I was on.
Speaker 2: Okay, so how.
Speaker 1: Did how did how did.
Speaker 3: You and Steve Rifkin hook up? Steve Rifkins signed The Alcoholics. Alcoholics were already on the label. They was the East Coast and the West Coast office. The Alcoholics were signed out of the West Coast office. And so I was rolling rolling around with King T the Alcoholics and kind of like just getting my feet wet as an artist at that time.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 3: Steve would I would always be in the office and I'll be working on.
Speaker 1: And and but you're a guest of the Alcoholics.
Speaker 2: They're already signed.
Speaker 3: They already signed at the time make Room, uh and King T Trifling album was out, and so that's who that's who I was running with. And so Steve Rifkin came to Prince's Club glam Slam.
Speaker 2: Prince had a glam slam everywhere.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, Prince had like he just said it just came to Prince, just telling the Prince Club.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. But Prince Dill, No, he was not there, ain't hanging out with us. But it was dope because uh uh. He came in, was like we was about to go on stage and He's like, hey, I want to sign you because I had never made a demo. And he was telling yeah, yeah, Steve had long hair at this time, you know what I'm saying, yeah yeah, And he was like, you know, I want to sign you come to the office tomorrow, and that at the time, they don't have wh Tang yet two, no Big Punk, no Big Punk.
Speaker 6: Three six I think was already yet yet not yet.
Speaker 2: Coast was like sellers selling dwellers was over.
Speaker 3: There, and they were doing a lot of promotion too. It was like a promo like a.
Speaker 2: Streets the promotion.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: S r C was just getting launching at that time as well, damn. So that's how we that's how we linked up. So okay, Now.
Speaker 1: That's something that me and E f N always argue about, right, the independent label thing, right, but not even that before we go to that was it hard for you navigating being a West Coast artist on a predominantly East Coast.
Speaker 3: Motherfucking it was hard? Okay, man, the East those niggas hated.
Speaker 7: Us, just not feeling us.
Speaker 2: Like, let's just call it how we walked.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you're saying they wasn't feeling West Coast or they wasn't feeling anything that wasn't from the East.
Speaker 2: Coast, that wasn't from anything from California.
Speaker 1: Niggas. It was like you know what I'm saying, And it was just in the eating.
Speaker 2: But listen. To be fair, the artist was fucking with us.
Speaker 1: It was the staff, it was it was the people. That's my opinion is, that's my thing is I always felt the West Coast.
Speaker 2: We would go down from us, we would go to New York and we would go out. Look.
Speaker 3: I remember taking the train to master Ace House, you know what I'm saying the first time, and the first time I fucking got to New York. He was like, you're gonna take the train by yourself. Yeah, get there, you know what I'm saying. So so I remember drinking forties, you know, on the stool, chilling outside, going to.
Speaker 2: Niggas blocks, you know what I'm saying. That was love. And when we're getting them buildings, it.
Speaker 3: Was like they were it was like it became like a it became like a friendly competition.
Speaker 2: Like everything from the East.
Speaker 3: Coast offer was to get all the big budgets and all that stuff, and they would give.
Speaker 2: Us the scraps and leftovers.
Speaker 3: So we's making miracles out of absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That we were just really banging on the fact that like people were feeling the music, you know what I'm saying. Like when I first came out. I didn't sound like a traditional West Coast artists. No, you were very lirical, right, People thought I.
Speaker 2: Was from New York. Yes, I did you know.
Speaker 6: La underground scene that crew everybody, you guys, And for.
Speaker 1: Lack of a better term, at that time, we didn't really understand that there's lyricists just as much as on the East Coast as even more because you know, the forefront people were in w A and other than ice Cube and mc wren. It wasn't really like you know, the lyrical thing.
Speaker 3: But but I think, I think what was happening was we had to find our own identity.
Speaker 1: There was it was after the right after the death.
Speaker 3: Road gfunk Era, and we had to find our own identity, meaning that my graduating class, like it was Crooked Eye, it was me Ras, it was Severee rest in peace man, you know what I mean? And and uh you know it was it was like a club called Unity where all of us would go and like you know, that's what we first saw.
Speaker 2: Wu Tang performed like Bigger B was a.
Speaker 3: And R my A and R in loud Wow, and he did a club called Unity, and so he had the plug for every artist in all the offices. He would bring him out there to do shows. So then it became a theme like okay, so I want to open up at unity and that's where all of all of us used to like cut our teeth and get in front of the crowds and be able to build our audience.
Speaker 2: But that's where it started.
Speaker 1: So so let me ask him bouncing around a little bit. It's been known, right, it's been known that lyricists people that's really really really lyricists, right, they get the short end of the stick. But then at some point it was like doctor Dre started messing with lyricists like like you you know, you know, so on and so forth and Marshall you know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, other than that, because I believe they used to call a backpack, right yeah, blackrap back background. Right, So when did when did a transition from going Because we had re search on here the other day, right, and I'm bugging off of EMC search because he's like, he's like, yeah, we didn't want to take commercials, and I was like, yeah, generation fucked up, yeah, like why do you want extra money? But back then it was frowned upon. That was considered selling out. So when was it that backpack hip hop started to merge with commercial hip hop or not commercial hip hop, global hip hop to forty hip hop, and then they made this marriage like you know.
Speaker 2: Like you like you, you want.
Speaker 1: Very much benefited off of you know, your affiliation with that.
Speaker 2: But when did that happen? Like I think I think once.
Speaker 3: Once corporate America started putting millions and millions of dollars into hip hop, right, it wasn't frowned upon anymore because I think when you look at like mc hammer, nobody gives in mc hammer the flowers he deserves. And if you think about it, he got a lot of shit for doing exactly what everybody's doing next.
Speaker 2: Right now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And so he was ahead of his time in that aspect as a businessman. But once corporate America started putting a lot of money in into it, I think that became the focus. It used to be about Okay, who got style, who got craft, who got skilled? Then it was like okay, who got millions? Who got cars? Who got houses? You know what I'm saying. And then once that started kind of merging and becoming you know, like murking that you know, dirty in the waters a little bit.
Speaker 1: I think people started.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't have to I don't have to have skill as long as I'm successful and I have money.
Speaker 2: Everybody was a little I don't have to, I don't have.
Speaker 1: To begin everybody.
Speaker 6: The backpack thing didn't come to like the super underground, the Ruckus era where they started to really label people Backpa.
Speaker 1: You said everybody was a lyricist. I don't want to say everybody was a liberal. That was the aspiration everyone about this.
Speaker 2: Everybody know the deals were made.
Speaker 6: Whoever was the illis lyricist Jay Big come on, big l everybody.
Speaker 1: Got you gotta look at easy. Easy wasn't considered the lyricists busy.
Speaker 2: No, not everybody. But I'm saying that.
Speaker 6: Most artists, mostly MC's, wanted to be lyricists caras ones like it was from the beginning the backpack thing. To attach that to lyricism started with the Ruckus Underground, that underground.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you some real ship. This is real ship for me, this is my own ship. When my first album, Worried Port is lyric cool, very cool, all.
Speaker 2: That kid no bitness came to my conference man, no.
Speaker 8: Women got you here today. I'm not sure about that, sir. Like you know, look, tell you something.
Speaker 1: I used to do shows in Germany and all the women will come and their sneakers will be the worst sneakers I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Like they was just stopping, like somebody just stop. Sneakers can't go on five? Like that's hip, that's underground hip.
Speaker 3: When I tell you what, No, I'll tell you what, man, when you put up that, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's what I wi conversion, I left the hook, yeah, coniversary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in my mind I was going.
Speaker 3: Them records came on like like like motherfucking planets.
Speaker 1: But let's let's tell these people because you know, we interview comedians sometimes comedians talking about the chitpling circuit, like when you're coming up. A lot of people don't know understanding about that underground circuit when you got to go perform at s Obs for the rest for all the clubs all over the world, and these guys are.
Speaker 2: They are there at eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And I never I never. I was never a radio guy. It was never the top forty guy.
Speaker 2: I was never.
Speaker 3: I was never the okay, he's he's you know bill Board this.
Speaker 2: And all that.
Speaker 3: My bread and butter came from doing the underground circuit and whooping ass on the shows. You know what I'm saying that like live performances, like like one of the big things in our campus. You you you must sound on stage like you do on the record. If you up there yelling and screaming and it just sounds like you're just yelling over the track or or something I hate now is like when when I see artists perform.
Speaker 2: With the vocals in your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it can't, it can't. Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Just something about it's just something about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's not even cheating it.
Speaker 1: It's lazy.
Speaker 2: It's lazy. It's lazy.
Speaker 3: And you could tell that they don't take pride in that work, you know what I'm saying, Like, you're not rehearsing, you're not giving a you don't even care about this.
Speaker 1: Is that the reason why we had TV tracks back in the days, remember the TV track, because those just had to add that list cook and the hook, especially if it's a singing hook.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You want to be able to give that experience to the audience, but them vocals that you you are on stage, so you have to produce those vocals, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's the way it is.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, what's the best toy you ever been on?
Speaker 6: Up?
Speaker 2: And I knew he was going to say that.
Speaker 1: I bet on myself say that.
Speaker 3: And listen that that that necessarily wasn't the biggest or longest tour I've been on, you know what I'm saying, It was all together? Would it represented at the time to the culture and what it felt like, you know, being on the stage with with those guys. Like I said before, I had been like truly a fan of you know what I'm saying, and truly like inspired by to be able to get up on that stage, to be considered one of them, and then be able to you know, go through that whole process and then be able to come out with an album that I, you know, in a million years, would have never thought I could come out with, you know, and just have that experience. Upper Smoke was like the last It was crazy.
Speaker 1: I was watching from the TV, like, man, I like you went everywhere too? No, no, no, it was just the United States. Oh wow, Yeah, I don't think Dre has ever done like a European tour. Wow. Yeah, yeah, imagine that. That'd be crazy. So I'm gonna switch it up a little bit, okay, because I realized that you got one of the best hip hop shoutouts in the world.
Speaker 2: But it's a little bit bad. I'm gonna tell you why.
Speaker 1: Okay, zip it is in that club rolling all that weed up.
Speaker 5: Now everybody sees you. Gotta be rolling the weed absolutely, And that's the one thing about this job, Like.
Speaker 1: Whenever I come out, someone e would see me and be like shot and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: People always come up to you and be like, let's smoke one.
Speaker 3: Sometimes literally I'm smoking sody.
Speaker 2: So so, but did that ever burden you?
Speaker 3: No, man, I thought it was dope, man, because when fifty shadowed me out, I didn't know it until, you know, like a couple of days before it actually came out. Oh so you heard it at the same time people heard that. Okay, wow, yeah, so that was dope man. And then you know, to be name checked on one of the biggest songs ever, it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: That changed.
Speaker 1: That changed, that changed the trajectory of of the landscape of that whole generation, because it's the first time you had an East Coast guy riming on the straight West Coast B. There's no way in the club can be described as an East Coast B or South beat. You know, that's the West Club. But the Firm was first. The Firm was first. That's why I made Drake.
Speaker 2: I made Drake take his.
Speaker 1: His was first. Man, let me take you something. When Roster sent me the clip, but I don't know what time you send the clip.
Speaker 2: You send the clip to the group chat right and for the sleep. So I was so happy.
Speaker 1: I woke up at four o'clock in the morning and I sent it to that I said, I finally got Dre to say that he shouldn't have said the Firm flop.
Speaker 2: In my mind because.
Speaker 1: He just said I he said yes, but my mind he said it.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, because.
Speaker 1: That that album, that Firm, and that's the first time You're right, I got to see East Coasters and West And you gotta remember that that album came out so dope because God bless, it was after Big and Tupac. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, So everybody the smoke was in the air and everybody was trying to put it back together.
Speaker 6: So that album single handedly didn't Dre do the one joint that caress and now it was the East West Coast one right right when he launched Aftermath, he did a joint.
Speaker 2: It might have been on that Aftermath Presents album. Yeah, yeah, not sure, I think so.
Speaker 6: I think that's when when you start to see him like dabbling something having like Kris one and I forget.
Speaker 2: Who a couple other who be real?
Speaker 1: Be real? And what you drink?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna drink of sprits. I take some forty two man, Okay, forty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, goddamn god, damn forty two. Look, let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. We've been doing this for years. So my favorite thing to do is to check the artists drink order. Whenever I see somebody order two different things, you ordered gin and.
Speaker 2: Then think it is rat iron.
Speaker 1: Good. Yes, So lets let's talk about the alcoholics and you guys relationship in the beginning. So, how did y'all link up? I linked up with school. No, there was a group.
Speaker 3: There was a there was a group of producers called three sixty James Broadway was the producer for King T, and so I was in the same area. I got introduced to Broadway through a guy named Top. Top was actually going to act as a manager. He was managing Volume ten a couple other guys, and he was like, Yo, I want to I want to work with you. So he took me to Broadway. Broadway introduced me to King T. King T introduced me to the Alcoholics.
Speaker 1: Wow, and then and then how did y'all develop the relationship? I was just those were the first cast that I was off the street named the Alcoholics at the time. Yes, okay, well given back then.
Speaker 3: Back then King T created the group and so and so that's when that's when I got introduced to them. And they was the first artist that I knew that had real record deals, you know, because I was I was just off the block at that time. And so when I started hanging out with them, I was like learning how to write sixteens learning how to write, you know. I was just in the lab kind of like honing my craft with them. And so from there, I you know, I would just go everywhere with him, and I would do I would do ship like I would go to the swap meet and make my own alcoholic T shirts if we had a show, and.
Speaker 2: Then I would make I do I make gas mask bongs? I used to.
Speaker 3: I used to get a bong and before they started making them, I would get like like shipping attached the hose to the mad gas mask and then take hits on stage and fucking it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we were doing.
Speaker 6: A lot that King T was already yeah you know OG at that time, so it must have been like crazy to roll with him.
Speaker 3: So it was like everybody has a OG and King T is ours.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I still kicking with King T very closely to this day. It's one of my closest friends, and uh, you know, I got a lot of respect for what he's done for me and and he gave me my first shot.
Speaker 2: King T dead right, let me ask you, because listening.
Speaker 1: This morning, broking out listening to your music, and all of us like secretly tried to quit walk on the low, right, It's just like it just jumps out of you, right, Like it's just like.
Speaker 2: You just can't help it.
Speaker 1: Right, But I feel like the white people that says nigga, like when no one's around like I feel like God.
Speaker 2: Because I know I'm not doing it right.
Speaker 1: Like I know I'm not doing it, so I look around and like it can look a lot like river dancing if you don't do it. I know, sure, I know. Yeah, I believe. I asked Drea Snoop this and I believe they answer it was it was the boogie dance. But what is it about that West Coast sound that just makes you just want to smack you for the fucking sneakers and.
Speaker 2: Just get low. It's bi talk.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I love it, I just can't do it. I just can't do it. It's strictly built out of tradition.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like these things that come from our neighborhoods, your neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: I mean, like these are things.
Speaker 3: That are done from like a real genuine roots based culture based, you know, initiative. And so you know, crip walking is definitely and and and blood walking is definitely from fucking neighborhood. Like that ship that is you know that that wouldn't always It's not a dance. It's like if you don't know who I am, this is what's happening.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying like they are actually spelling something, right, Yeah, a lot of people, do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it evolves, you know, from from the time like when you see what dove C was doing on a smoke toward video, which is infamous, and then it's it's just changed as you know, as as as as the kids grow up and they put their own little twist on it. So now there's a whole lot of you know, feet going.
Speaker 1: Out in side ways and you know what I'm saying, the elbowl is moving a little differently, right, but I mean it's still you know, you know what you're looking at when you see it, right, Okay, So I gotta ask you, Okay, I'm going actually to be as freely as you can. When it's Drake and Kendrick thing first started. Drake is the biggest artist in the world. I believe Kendrick took a shot first, right, I believe for mother fuck the Big Three. I mean, this is not this is mag me. But Kendrick has been known for this.
Speaker 2: No, but they've been going back and forth.
Speaker 1: No. No, but remember Kendrick went at the whole New York At one point he was like He's like, I'm Frank White, I'm gonna kick in New York right, Like course this whole controversy, but this time, this is something kind of really really, really really different. Right. Did you understand what Kendrick was doing from the beginning or this was something that after you saw it, he was like, I mean, look, look, dude, you have to look.
Speaker 3: You have to take a step back first, because you don't know what's happening behind the scenes. Always something happening behind the scenes that we're not aware of. It's spilled over into something else. But here's what I will say about that. I think Kendrick Lamar is a very special individual. I think he is a deep thinker. I think he is a big part of what is unifying and energizing the West Coast right now. And I think I think he was severely underestimated. And uh, when you look at the parable of David and Goliath and you see, you know somebody who's you know, very you know, dismissive or very arrogant or very you know, feeling like you know, because Drake wasn't talking the way he's talking now at the beginning. But when Kendrick wasn't saying nothing. You know what I'm saying. It was just like, you know, it was very funny. It was very poking holes. And he did the Tupac thing, Yeah, doing the doing the two poc Ai thing. You know, you talk about feeling disrespect, I mean the whole coast. We love Tupac. You know what I'm saying. The world loved Tupac. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know what, I've never asked that question. So when Drake sampled, I want to say sampled a right. So Kendrick's line was, you think the coast is gonna let you disrespect poligga? I think that Oakland show might be your last stop. You're telling me that that's how people really took it.
Speaker 2: Like he took.
Speaker 3: He took some liberties with that. And look, dude, I got no dog in this fight. But but but but yeah, but but the West Coast is where I'm at, and that's what's up, you know what I'm saying. And so Kendrick is is definitely ruling the pack, you know what I'm saying. And he's he's and he's he's setting the tone and so you know, yeah, I just think that what we're seeing now is yeah, yeah, what we're seeing now is the repercussions of of of stepping on somebody that you shouldn't have stepped to. You know what I'm saying, Like they're not even in the same class. You know, in my opinion, Drake should have just put out a fucking massive hit for the women and went on about his business.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You're saying like, yeah, yeah, after after the first shot, you know what I'm saying. But Pride is a motherfucker. He goos a motherfucker. He kept going.
Speaker 1: At one point, I was coming downstairs smoke weed and it was like another Drake records drop and I was like, okay, And I felt at that point, at that time, I felt Drake was being the bully. This before Kendrick had dropped anything. I think a lot of people forget that time. Remember when he just kept dropping him and they both did that. Christler three hundred looked like a bigley until Yeah, you know what I'm saying, you see that motherfucker. I'm not gonna lie as I knew Kendrick was ill. I knew Kendrick was the man. I knew Kendrick can hold it down. I didn't know Kendrick. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: You didn't know Kendrick was a scientist.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's playing chess.
Speaker 1: No, no, because let me because I'm on hip hop' not downgrade myself like that. I just didn't know to the extent that he went. Because I'm gonna be honest, this new album, what is it in NHL? I said, n H nasrand National.
Speaker 2: I first heard.
Speaker 1: It and then I was like, damn, man, it doesn't seem like he's having fun, right And then oh, no, this is absolutely fun. It was an l A guy there. It was the l A guy there, big up d on and the all was like, nah, man, we just have fun a little bit different from y'all. And I was like, all right, cool, and I will listen to it the next day. And I understood, like it really it literally took somebody from Why didn't I think he was having because I just felt like he was dealing with survivors with more so I didn't feel like he was like enjoying the moment. I had to hear it again. I had to hear it again. When I heard it the second and the third time, then I was like, oh, Okay, he's enjoying the moment, but he's enjoying it in his way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you look, I don't hang around with Kendrick. I'm not even gonna claim to be in his circle. Circle is tight, I know, I know, you know, my my uh my, my family works with him. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's really dope to see him have his own lane, you know what I'm saying, and do it the way he's doing it like, but still have the full backing of everybody that came to form you know what I'm saying, that's fucking dope. And and and he don't he's inclusive. When you see some cast stick that's young and they come up and they just dismiss everybody, they gonna fucking they fuck the fuck that nigga, fuck him, fuck everybody's me and all this ship. And I think that's what we saw, you know what I'm saying, Like like Drake, Drake was you know, damn near number one for decade if more, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And and he felt untouchable.
Speaker 3: So it's it's very it's very it's very dope to see you know, Kendrick come to his own and I'm pretty.
Speaker 1: Sure he was pushed in a lot of ways from that situation. But to see what he turned into and to see what he represents and what he means to us on the cars, it's fantastic. It's do you know what the crazy shit is? I'm bouncing around, but I'm gonna make it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But one about favorite shows on TV is a show called The Sha. Right. The only thing that's missing in the Sha is on My Homegirl Lena with I always tell her, I'm like, yo, man, you got the only city of Chicago without load of Latinos? Right, Like, yo, bro, I'm fucking Latino. Like, I can't just look at Chicago without again. One thing about me being on the West Coast, and obviously I've been going to the West Coast since nineteenninety seven. When I would go to Snoop shows on your show, I wouldn't see you your show's difference, Okay, I mean to me, just put dazz and corrupt. I wouldn't see a lot of Latinos. You know what changed it was Nipsey Hustle. Nippy Hustle. I went to a Nipty hustle. I snuck into another. But I think I told you this, Oh, I said it on the show. I went to a Nipsey Hustle concerts. I didn't hit him. I wanted to pay to get in. I wanted to look. I wanted to see how this West Coast shit feel, like you know what I'm saying without being Norri right, And it was the first time I seemed but I didn't know what I was seeing. Snoop explained to me that you saw that again on stage. I didn't know that Kendrick from all these gangs together, Like, how remarkable.
Speaker 2: Is that that? That was?
Speaker 3: That was the tipping point right when he did that Pop our concert and Dre went out there and all them neighborhoods came out there see stage, because we.
Speaker 1: Want you to explain this in it's entity in depth. Us on the East Coast we looking thinking these are artists that although they might be artists, but we didn't we're not understanding that they represent different gags. There was some artists up there.
Speaker 3: There were some artists, but there was some very important people to the street up there. I usually don't really be standing next to each other, right, And I think it just really it really set the tone for what's what's coming next. So everybody saw that shit and was like, oh, oh, we ain't had this before in the West.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 6: We ain't had this before, maybe slightly during the peace treaty.
Speaker 2: No, it be pieces.
Speaker 3: It be pieces of the West coming together, still excluding some of these parts because the past things that happened, or just like that's just how things have been. But when that happened, a lot of shit got pushed to the side and was like, Okay, you know what, let's unite around this w Let's unite around this genius that is this doing this phenomenal work. And you know, look, we can beef internally, but to the rest of the world, unified, like, we haven't had that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I loved that about y'all. Iced T brought that up to me, I think said, listen, he said, you know, us West Coast people got beef because you in the industry. Motherfucker. Yeah, He's like, do you think about it? Our beasts be between us. And that was so mad that I see because he was right.
Speaker 6: It's like word like if they beefing, if you want an industry, the average person, you say, the average.
Speaker 1: Person, like like like that California love for for for black Bird, that ships.
Speaker 3: It's just like it's just like you when your parents used to say, don't act crazy in front of company.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, That's just what it is.
Speaker 3: It's like sometimes that's just spill over into the street. But for the most for the most part, like especially now, Cat's got a different agenda. We want to see the w go, you know what I'm saying. And and and that's why you see Q coming. That's why you see you know Snoop Dogg coming, That's why I'm coming, you know.
Speaker 2: And what's also do I.
Speaker 6: Think that I don't think people are mentioning as much about Kendrick his movement that he brought North Cali into the fold. It's not just LA, it's all of California.
Speaker 2: What are you saying about it?
Speaker 6: Like the Bay Area and those artists just considered the North area the South.
Speaker 2: Okay together geographics. Yeah I know that, kid, Yeah, you know, but but you're absolutely correct.
Speaker 6: Even with the sound and the album, there's a song it's like, to me, does the Sonic that's the Bay Area right there?
Speaker 2: But that's all West Coast.
Speaker 3: You just when people say West Coast, they just think.
Speaker 2: Of l A.
Speaker 3: You think of Southton, you know what I'm saying, Long Beach like, like that's not just the coast goes all the way up to Canada. So when you when you look at, when you look to when you look at you know the bay and what they represent like and then it's always been separate there too, Southern California Northern California, two different planets. But now it's just thing like the W everybody, the W everybody and and and it feels dope to be able to see you know, e forty do the opening for the pop up, and it's like the inclusion of it. It just feels so we just we're feeling.
Speaker 1: Strong right now because I felt like, you know, I'm sorry bounce over the place, but like like New York, we've always had Long Island, and we've always had Yonkers and Jersey, which technically isn't New York, but it is New York, you understand I'm saying. So I felt like that moment for y'all, like it was like every part of the coast and not only that, I mean I was going to say up the state, but not only that. Yeah, run the coast together. That's what's crazy. You know what's crazy about West Coast culture. If you actually pay attention, you guys don't got to promote to the South or the East at all. You guys could just promote in the West and you'll be good. Well, here's the thing, Sacramento. The number Remember when according to the numbers, remember when hip hop was super regional. When you look at the no limit, I'm going to say, you look at and you look at and you.
Speaker 3: Look at uh and you look at a cash money and then and then even here, you know, in in in Miami, you you look at the sound that was coming out of here, that that graduated from DJ Magic Mike and into you know, Luke in two Live Crew, in the Poison Clan, into all these other things that was coming. They had their own sound, so it was regional. So once the West Coast you know, had their sound and it didn't we didn't feel like we needed to copy anyone. Right, So when the South rose, and you know, after after the outcast said the South got something to say, and then absolutely they came and dominated everything in the industry and they had their sound.
Speaker 1: We been fucked up ever since he said that.
Speaker 3: I think it's dope because it gave us time to kind of like see where things needed to go. And I just liked the fact that we're not changing our sound, we just doing it at a at a different pace, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So let me let me, let me, let me ask you. There was three different eras of West Coast Rain right that literally had me scared. One literally one when I heard it straight out of Compton. I always say this. I always though it straight out of content.
Speaker 2: It was a jail. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was, yeah, because the way they were describe it straight up the comment, I'm like, I don't want a good k lock up there, right, I was, obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So but then it was that death row everywhere, all of y'all just you know, that upper smoke toil. And now it seems like it's the resurgence. But the good thing about it is it's not just the young generation, it's not just the middle generation.
Speaker 2: It's for Dre Snoop for you to be.
Speaker 1: Dropping like like how how how good does that feel? Because and you know what's good? We know what's dope about you, Dre and Snoop is y'all could actually k this to.
Speaker 2: Your own audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all don't got to sell to these new motherfuckers at all.
Speaker 2: But how good is this feeled?
Speaker 3: It feels really good to be able to be dropping music in twenty twenty four, twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Five and not compromise.
Speaker 3: That's right, you know what I'm saying, Like, I see what's going going on out there. I see what's I see. I try to, you know, keep my ear to the street. A lot of that ship I can't listen to, you know what I'm saying, simply because you know, I'm a I'm a I'm a professional.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I want to hear people be professional. I don't like I don't like hearing ship out of the pocket. I don't like hearing rappers not on beat. I don't I don't like hearing lazy ass nothing ass rhymes.
Speaker 1: I want to know something, you know what I'm saying. I want to hear something. Listen.
Speaker 3: I've seen her, you know what I'm saying, and look from where she started to where she is now, it's pretty fucking amazing. But you know what I'm saying, but but I'm not gonna take nothing away from It's just it's just not my style, you know what I'm saying. Like, like you know, I see everybody you know doing the pussy hole brown and all whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, where was react? Where the was at?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm not gonna I'm not gonna take that from her book, But I just prefer something else, you know what I'm saying. And so, like I said, it goes back to what we're doing now.
Speaker 2: When we go in remember where we was that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when we go we're talking about how does it feel now to be dropping music and and and man it feels great. But I didn't have to compromise. I can come out with what I want to do. I don't need to compete with what's out now right now. I just need to do what I do really well, you know what I'm saying. And I think that once you have that that that fixture. I think I heard Rick Rubins say that if you start making music for people other than yourself, then you already lost or something to that effect.
Speaker 2: Well, think about it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure your first album, just like as Mine's, you made it for your block, did you made Okay.
Speaker 3: I did my first album not knowing, you know, knowing I wanted to be different, but not necessarily knowing how to get there or convey that. You know what I'm saying on this record, on the key Maker record, out of all of them, make.
Speaker 2: On the on the Keen Maker record.
Speaker 3: I feel like I tell everybody after we listen to it, that I found my voice, you know, not the inflection of it, not the use of it, or the tone or the pitch. I found out what I'm supposed to be saying and how I'm supposed to be saying it, you know, because I'm speaking from a place of power, I'm speaking from a place of endurance. I'm speaking from a place of you know, just longevity, maturity and the man maturity and growth.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk about the same shit I was talking about on my first three albums, you know what I'm saying, Like there's a lot of shit that's happened between that then and now, and so like that's what I'm speaking on and I'm speaking to it in a place that makes me feel good, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But really quick listening to the album.
Speaker 6: What I will tell you is, damn hear hearing the music, it sounded like the old U updated. That's what I want to say that as a compliment, that's.
Speaker 2: What I want to head on.
Speaker 1: So I don't want you. I don't want I don't. I mean, I do want a new X, but I want the old sounding right now.
Speaker 2: You will not be disappointed. And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like it to me.
Speaker 2: I haven't put out a record since twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: You let my guy in. Yeah, the gate is locked.
Speaker 3: I haven't put a record out since twenty twelve. And so now the way this music has come across, like bro, I feel like everything that's needed to be done for the exhibit brand has been done on this record.
Speaker 1: Musically we got yes, okay, goddamn makes no noise for that. Do you do you play poker?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: You can't never play poker.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you because no, no poker, because he's a poker pok Poka. Because every time I know when you're about to say something good, I just.
Speaker 2: I see it too. I can't hide this.
Speaker 1: Ship I ever think of that.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get you.
Speaker 3: No, I got some real bucket list moments on this record. Okay, you know, Dre mentioned to you guys that we had just did a song for the album. He's featured on it with Ti Dollar Sign. Swiss Beast did the track with co production from him. And uh, there's a man a question his minute.
Speaker 2: I got the question. What label is this one?
Speaker 3: It's on green Back Records. Green Back Records is Connor McGregor's label.
Speaker 2: How did that have? How did that connection?
Speaker 1: You got ta yes, yes, How to check this out? I need to hear this. Okay, So, so did.
Speaker 2: You take a shot?
Speaker 1: A shot?
Speaker 2: Take a shot? I'm sorry I'm talking because, by the way.
Speaker 1: That is like some dope ship to say, like you're gonna trip, I'm gonna do it. That's friss. Yeah, play for the Okay, yeah, yeah, that's not a shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, but AGAHD, let's just way Okay.
Speaker 3: So we're finishing up the record and shout out to Bobby D Presents that's my management company, and uh, and we were finishing up the album. We were putting it. We were putting all the finishing touches, bells, and paid for all this. Yeah, okay, all the album. We didn't this was not done with the label. So the album was being finished, and then we started talking about how we're going to release this, and I went and looked at you. I mean, I see what Russell was doing. Yeah, shout out to lou Russell. I saw you know, I know Empires, I know all you know, big up Gazi, I know we had, you know, and then you have the actual major labels.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, we explored every single one and kind of just kind of sat back and was like, no, what's right? So what's right for the this project that we have? Who's going to do something correct by what we're doing? And so we we were just going through that motion and then I got a call from Bobby and he was like, hey, what do you think about Connor McGregor. I was like, the Okay, who's Bobby the fighting motherfucker?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Cool? Cool cool?
Speaker 3: And he's like like, what do you think about Conor McGregor. I was like, the fighting motherfucker? Like what's happened to He's like, well, he's starting to label. I was like, funk out of here, you know what I'm saying, Like he's not, like what does he know about music?
Speaker 2: He was like, well, he's very serious.
Speaker 3: This is what he is, this, this is what he wants to do, this is who he has on board, this is you know what he's his vision is. So I sat back and I took a meeting with him, and then the way they explained the way that they want to do this and the global reach and impact that that they.
Speaker 1: Have the record label, meaning the record label, meaning.
Speaker 3: Meaning the people that he's brought into to do the record label, was pretty intense, man, And I was like, you know what, this is something new, this is something different, this is uh, this is something that doesn't come with the any level of expectation.
Speaker 2: Everything we do is a first you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying, so to be and what's really attractive is that I'm the first artist that's going to.
Speaker 2: Go through the label.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, he has other artists, but you need to sign Bone as well.
Speaker 2: The sign Bone.
Speaker 1: Okay yeah, okay, I did.
Speaker 3: Hear that, but they have but but he he has a really deep love for what we do. But that's it's not just a hip hop label. There's a there's there's a pop act on there. There's some different folks that are coming out. It's not just a hip hop label. The band that's coming on it's it's it's different the way they're doing it, But to be the first release on there, there's a lot to prove, And so I would rather have good business people around that aren't jaded by the and and feel with politics that are we seeing the music industry right now, and people that just want to do good business that don't have interactions with all this suits you what I'm saying, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No baggage.
Speaker 3: So it's I think it's a good it's a good way to shoot over niggas heads, you know, a shot for that?
Speaker 2: What in the Dixie cup? What the come on here?
Speaker 1: We're gonna it's we've got a long game. We're gonna do you want to play quick? Thomas sign out?
Speaker 2: No want to finish this? Okay? Yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So so we we uh we decided to do it.
Speaker 2: We decided to go with green Back Records.
Speaker 1: And so is your record label under there as well?
Speaker 3: Or it's just you know, it's just it's it's it's just like I think we got one album with an option.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, Just because we're feeling each other out right, But so far, so good everything, But you're.
Speaker 1: Giving it about doctor Dre record. Is this you still own the Master's only? Okay, okay, that's the partner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, it's it's very up today. It's not like the old it's not like the old days.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, saying because you bring it with no respect to him, but you bring it everything to the table.
Speaker 2: It's like, well you already recorded on his own dimes.
Speaker 1: That's what he bringing everything to the table, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like we we've always done our records without without the machine. You know, even when I was in the machine, I never got the full push that I should have gotten, you know. So now I'm pushing myself and now I just need the vehicle.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's somebody who was like minded that wants to see it win as well. They don't have to be record guys. We're the record guys. You know, we've been doing it for ourselves so long. It's like, okay, cool, Now we just need somebody who can promote the funk out of this shit. And I don't think anybody's ever promoted better than Connor McGregor.
Speaker 6: But what I think is important that you're saying, is that sorry, Sorry, he's brought in people.
Speaker 2: It's not just relying on him in his brain.
Speaker 3: You don't have boxing people or MMA people working on record.
Speaker 2: Shit, he's going in.
Speaker 3: He's cherry picking, you know, the people who are qualified to do the work. And we made sure we made sure that was what that was happening as well. But again we knew it was gonna be a slow burn. I haven't put out a record in a long time. I gotta put records out. I got to let people know that I'm coming out again. In a room in a world full of noise like this. It's a lot, a lot of music that comes out every single day, every single day, you know, and I think a lot of I think the lane is really crowded, you know, so just staying for right now.
Speaker 1: For I think the later's crowded for for uh like generic like you know that younger racing. But I'm looking at bust of rhymes like he's he's fucking.
Speaker 2: Every other fucking weekend. I'm like rest like you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, Just think about it. Look at college Joe like you Gray Snoop, Like I feel like to say it like this but I feel like it's our time again, but it's it's it's to our to us, like meaning like we don't have to snap and pop and all that other dumb I was like, get that together because I feel like for the first time, like it feels like the fans are growing up with us, Like our fans is probably our age and it's now they want our ship, like you know, I like growing up.
Speaker 2: I think the saving grace.
Speaker 3: I think the saving grace of what we're experiencing now and while we're able to speak directly to our audience is the convenience of being able to get to the music faster. You don't have to invest time and go to a record store or possibly be sold out or a physical copy. It's like you can point click download have it right there. So you know, the people who grew up to our music have families, they got their own lives. Now they get win all the things you needs to do. Is they hear that is happening and they can get it. I think that's that's the magic of what we're dealing with now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was crazy. Access Now the global reach the way it is now.
Speaker 1: You remember when you had to you had to go to London. You had to physically bring your record to London, like there was no m P three, there was no.
Speaker 6: You're bringing white labels over there, white labels yet press.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, that was horrible.
Speaker 2: Times it was great, but it was great.
Speaker 8: Like it's horrible if you think about it.
Speaker 1: Let me finish it. It was horrible because you physically had to bring your record and it was so inconvenient, but the process was so beautiful because just like like you look at these kids right now, if they ever go to Europe and they perform over their vocals, they'll get bulled off, but but they gotta you gotta experience that, like not really because that's what their audience is. Accustomers.
Speaker 2: They have your right to generate the generation.
Speaker 1: But I just sound like the old about to say in my day, and I'm like, I like, man, but our day, that our day, like we.
Speaker 2: Knew better, we.
Speaker 1: Knew I don't remember one time I performed in Europe and I did like an hour and a half and I had did an hour the day before, and it was like it was like not there was like good but not enough, not enough, but it was like not enough, and I was like, really, it's like, we wanted more records, so we added more records, and these records happened to be the only two records that had vocals in it. It was I believe in it. Ironically, from the Firm album, we never had an instrumental and I remember they waited waited for me to get up this awesome job, but you had the vocals in there, and I was like, oh at attention, like a yeah, oh man, what is your favorite era hip hop?
Speaker 2: My favorite era of hip hop.
Speaker 6: I have?
Speaker 3: It goes from like Public Enemy L eighty e PMD rock Him, Uh, Poor Righteous Teachers, Uh, you know.
Speaker 2: Gang Star.
Speaker 3: You know though that that that era into you know, the Death Row, you know n w A that that up up until the end. You know what I'm saying before, right up before I got in that was like my That was like my college. That was my school. That was like the things I was listening to. I remember going and buying Cypress Hills first album with the red cover. I remember, you know what I'm saying, going and listening to you know, like musical my friends are driving around and listening to what came out and knowing the word for words and like going through the whole album from top to bottom to find the song that you fuck with the most, and ain't everybody consistently consistently consensus was the same.
Speaker 2: You know that that I think, you know.
Speaker 1: Like like the like the late eighties, you know what I'm saying, into the early two thousands or early nineties was was my favorite era. I respect that.
Speaker 3: I think it's kind of a blended thing, you know what I'm saying, because I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's different graduating every generation.
Speaker 3: Every ten years there's a new graduating class, That's the way I feel, you know, and then you see new artists come out, some some stick around, some fall off. But every ten years you can look and see, like if you cut down the tree, you see the rings, you see, Yeah, you see who was doing what when right. It's just going to be interesting to see how that plays out now.
Speaker 2: Because I don't see them.
Speaker 3: I don't see the longevity of the artists that are coming out now, like the majority, correct, I don't see ten years from now what they what their sounds are going to be like, or if they're even going to be remembered, because the tension span is so so fast right now.
Speaker 1: It's very true flowers man. Hold on, yeah, right now, So let me ask you. I always get conflicted conversations when I asked about this man. In fact, one time it was Dazz on one side and cor Up on one side. One was saying funck him, and the other one was like, I love him, yeah, which is very weird.
Speaker 2: It's very weird, right.
Speaker 1: I tried to ask Snoop and Dre, but Drake clearly said I didn't understand when his motherfucker was over there? What what? What? What was your relationship with Sugar Night.
Speaker 2: I didn't have one.
Speaker 1: You didn't have one at all? No, No, So.
Speaker 2: Y'all didn't see each other.
Speaker 1: You say, what's up?
Speaker 2: So you know later on? Yeah, okay, later on.
Speaker 3: But it was just like a I was never like in a room or had a conversation with him or a nothing.
Speaker 2: It was just like a.
Speaker 6: Join because it seems like everybody got hu.
Speaker 1: My next question would have been, what would the exhibits albums sound like on death Row Ship I'm not talking about now. It would be mixed very well, would very well? Yeah, But so you never got approached to be on death Row ever? Get out of here?
Speaker 3: Ever, I was on loud when Loud got bought by Sony Columbia. I was on there for a while. They took Loud and just kept me three six Mafia and Wu tang right, and remember what point should.
Speaker 1: Be trying to get warn g so that I'm that's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 6: I'm sure that the warry is close to that, right, but him being or or at that time, at that time, that's what I'm saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was Yeah. I didn't come in until after all that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could have seen you at the tail end of that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, right at the ass end of it.
Speaker 2: What I mean, did you say, well mixed? What would a Death Row exhibit albums sound like? Would sounds incredible?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Thing about the eraror there was no whack albums that came out of that.
Speaker 3: No, it would have been It would have been kind of like the sound of what's happening. But I think the production would have sounded like that. But my lyrics would have been something else.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. My lyrics would have been something else.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, and I say this is behind your back. I saying to your lyrics.
Speaker 6: Not flow right? Get your lyrics lyrically, the content of the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Do you think you was ahead of your time? Like, like, I'm listening to your old ship. I'm like this motherfucker was talking about this ship back then.
Speaker 2: All right, right, I.
Speaker 3: Pride myself on being able to stand as individual with my art, you know what I'm saying. And so I was rapping about things on my first album like paparazzi, you know, like you know, people people.
Speaker 2: Spreading the room.
Speaker 1: Man, he had as yes, said that's a different thing.
Speaker 2: No, you know, I disagree.
Speaker 1: I'm an artist. I can say this. Lady got you big.
Speaker 2: You always come in checks.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I see what she got her ship from.
Speaker 2: Like I say, so what let's wrong with it? I've been running with.
Speaker 3: It ship Man, I forgot what the funk I was talking? Okay, So yeah, all right, so so so like the Foundation talking about the fear of being a new father and not you know, being a young father. You know, I was a father at nineteen years old, so you know, I was a kid myself. So I had to figure out you know, I put that in my music. Being vulnerable is something that I don't I'm not afraid of and so being able to have that in my records. And yeah, there's a lot of bravado, there's a lot of tough ship. There's there's that, you know what I'm saying. But I always revealed a lot of myself and my music because I wanted that to be the relatable part. I didn't want to just say shit to just get niggas to like it, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying. Like I wanted to be like I want.
Speaker 3: To that, but that's the era we come from, Like we want to live our records, you know what I'm saying, We don't. We don't want to just make them. And so that was that was where we were at, you know what I'm saying. And so I think that from that standpoint, it gave me a clear path to be myself. I wouldn't say ahead of my time, but just be an individual, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, but that's the definition of ahead of our time as you saying something that people are catching on.
Speaker 2: To now, right, you know what I mean? But I do know you're being humble.
Speaker 3: I'm taking it for that, But I also I also think that, you know, it could have been a lot a lot different if if the if the people I was working with saw the same vision that I had and pushed a little hard, you know what I'm saying. It was like yeah, yeah, loud and like any other even the major labels, like like yeah, there was always people in the building that had that looked at it one way, and then they took what you said and took bits and pieces of it to passify you. But really they just gonna do what they want to do anyway, you know what I'm saying. So so yeah, we've had a lot of commercial success with major labels, but the impact that I want, the impact that that will make. But you know, when you got that itch, you know what I'm saying, you want to scratch it with you know, like I know what it's gonna take to get that.
Speaker 2: I feel like I have that now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I have it.
Speaker 3: I like, I feel, I smell it, I could see it, you know what I'm saying. Like, like this album, to me, it feels like this is the album that I've been trying to make since the beginning.
Speaker 1: You know what they say, They say you make your best album when you broke and when you don't need it. Yeah, yeah, you know, I feel like that's that's the thing is like you probably don't need it, but you know you want to feed your fans because I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I owe them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I owe my fans, And that's something real. Like I think I'm glad you said that because you know, I you know, I could have easily just stopped and just been like, that's it, you know what I'm saying, Because it's very hard to make a record right now, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, many when you're not mentally in it, when you're just rhyming to be rhyming and just putting it out to see if it sticks to the wall. And then when you really believe in something that's different. You know what I'm saying. I believe in this record, Like I mean every fucking word I say, from the beginning to the fucking end of this shit, every fucking single word has been thought about and calculated, and I have now I have the.
Speaker 2: Creative space and the freedom to do that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's not like my life don't depend on it, but I feel like I owe it to the fans. I feel like I feel like I left it in a place where a lot of niggas got me fucked up, you know what I'm saying, Like it was left, Like it was like left abandoned, like a couple of wheels missing. You know what I'm saying, Like fucked up. You know what I'm saying. My opinion, like nah, I can't leave it like that. And yes, I turned down TV shows, I turned down films, I turned down all these other things because right now.
Speaker 1: The most important thing to me is the music. You know what I'm saying. And you know, I grew my braids back everything I'm about fid I'm ready to go nigga like you know what I'm saying, Like and I feel I feel like once, I feel accomplished, Like I just came off for European Brown because we went out there.
Speaker 2: I'm touring with a live band now, So I went.
Speaker 3: Out there and we were We did that the kind of like a test run in front of people with the new records and the band, but boy, we we kicked a hold in the motherfuckers. We performed for like our hour and a half, sometimes two hours, you know what I'm saying, Like we do an Encore and motherfucker screaming, we come back and do another one, they screaming. So what we do with three encores? I never did that ship. I ain't never had to do nothing like that. You know, That's how this music feels, you know what I'm saying. And so like I was. Once we did that. We went to Ireland, met the green Back guys. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sound cold, Yeah, it's actually beautiful. Yeah yeah, it's actually beautiful.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm thinking of Iceland.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, got me, you got me Iceland.
Speaker 2: And then and then uh, and then we went to Spain.
Speaker 3: That's that's where I met the first time when Drake Mabell.
Speaker 2: I ain't been there. It was really nice.
Speaker 3: We went to do uh the Bare Knuckle boxing event and I met Connor there for the first time. And yeah, man, it seems like the energy and the push that is coming behind what we did on this album.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to share with the world. With the world.
Speaker 1: Man, God damn's play a noise for that. But let me tell you what, what's crazy. You know, obviously you're my friend, but I got to do my due diligence, and I just was hitting everybody and it was so crazy for me when when I said, you know, I got to exhibit, it's either two things they say, yeah, my ride, damn yeh. But but here's this crazy Whenever a person goes straight to pit my ride, I'm like, he's not hip hop, Like judge that person. I'm so sorry that first thing they say, because that shouldn't be you know what I mean. It should be like you know what I mean? Like you know what I mean? And and and even if you go to dre it's like still like do you not understand like this whole you know life this guy was was you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you know. I used to fight that part of your business man me personally, I.
Speaker 2: Used to fight that.
Speaker 1: I used to go places and they used to book me, and I didn't know what Norway they were booking when they booking the Reggae Throne, nor component.
Speaker 2: Have all those noise in the backside.
Speaker 1: But then I realized, I said, fuck it, they all here anyway. Yeah, yeah, but I'll take it.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: But I the other day, still at home, high as hell, watched the TV and I watched at least fifteen fake Pip my Ride shows, and I had to look at.
Speaker 2: This ship and be like, I wanted to call you so bad and be like.
Speaker 1: If I'm mad at these these people trying to be you, these people like all this crazy shit, Like do you ever like see these other shows and be like, man, they owe me restitution.
Speaker 3: Nah, you know, I look at that whole thing and I try to Now, I'm now there's some distance on it.
Speaker 1: I make inse of it.
Speaker 3: That was a vehicle for in a world where reality television was built on the you know, demise of someone or or someone's character, you know, or somebody.
Speaker 2: Help, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: We were actually doing something positive and so it also introduced me to the.
Speaker 1: World in a different Yeah it's a different.
Speaker 3: In a whole different manner, you know, and it led to a whole lot of other opportunities. I wanted the world to see me a certain way, but you know, and what way was that? As exhibit the rapper, you know what I'm saying, I just wanted the world to know me as a lyricists. I'm with you doing this. I'm I'm a monster on the mic. That's you know, that's what I wanted the world to know me as. But that can that can exist with with other with other things too, you know what I'm saying. Like, and so that's why I feel like what we did with with the show and how the world perceived it and how I was in people's living rooms across the planet, you know, seven seven, you know, yeah, man, I think it was dope. It was about wish fulfillment. It was about you know, something positive happening for somebody, and everybody got a piece of shit car you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: At some point in they like, you know what I thinking about it?
Speaker 1: You was a black man with braidsen all the white people's houses. They loved it.
Speaker 2: They loved it.
Speaker 1: I don't think they've been houses since. I think.
Speaker 6: That was like the first of the restoration type reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was the first of a lot of different things. But you know, I never looked back at that. I used to look back at that when when I didn't, I was too close to it. So now as I as I think back on it, it's like, Yo, this really like like people talk to me about putting my right every day, Like, yo, you got my right, you know, what I'm saying, even in jets, you know what I'm saying. Like, it's like people that if they don't know what to say, they say that you know what I'm saying, and so and so I'm like, okay, cool, So you know what, that's something interesting.
Speaker 2: It's it's some of you.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm supposed to even be talking about this, but you know who just approached me, you know what I'm saying, to do it again, Not because because it's the only people who actually had the right idea on how to approach me about this was only fans.
Speaker 1: Only fans listen, listen just to watch that.
Speaker 2: Already, not the porn side, one big side.
Speaker 1: Category category.
Speaker 3: But only fans are starting the TV side of.
Speaker 6: Things, right, They never meant to start off as only.
Speaker 1: Fans, just starting the whole television division.
Speaker 2: They loved it.
Speaker 3: They bought they bought a race car team, like uh yeah, yeah, yeah, a motorcycle racing team. They're producing the content. They got a cooking show.
Speaker 1: That that that they're they're doing network style television, and and and so I got a doctor, I got a call, and so they was like, yo, you know.
Speaker 2: We have fuck you money. You know, you know, do you want.
Speaker 1: Us to a good way?
Speaker 3: Do you do you want us to go buy the I p pit my right. Do you you wantus to go buy it? And then will you if we go get it, will you do it again? I was like, No, that's nobody's ever.
Speaker 1: That's kind of fly Brandon.
Speaker 3: I know it, listen, I know it's I did my due diligence. I know it's being sold to somewhere and somebody else right now and whatever, it's going to a bigger thing. They're selling all their assets from from that side of things. So I was like, you know, I think I think as a betting man, I think that I don't need the title pet my Riot to do it. I think if I do it on my own and create something totally different, the audience is going to kind of know what it is. I don't think it needs to be that title, right, So you know, if I if I'm betting on myself, then yeah, I think that you know, we can create something a hybrid of that show has now done the way I see it, Yes, and and I think the world would appreciate that.
Speaker 1: And you'll be owner this time.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent.
Speaker 3: So all these big, huge networks that have already garnished all these.
Speaker 2: Millions of dollars. Only fans.
Speaker 1: Only fans was the only ones that actually knocked on the door.
Speaker 10: I'm getting my account, ya, I'm gonna supporting right now, man, supporting right now.
Speaker 6: You gotta restart your golden status.
Speaker 2: Only fans gold you got gold status.
Speaker 11: I don't even know that you know, you know that's dope because I've been seeing, because I've been seeing.
Speaker 1: These little networks like Zeus and things like that. I haven't been seeing and loving hip hop like it's crazy. Like these little networks, they're doing their own versions of the shows.
Speaker 2: And you got Jocelyn. Big up to Jocelyn.
Speaker 1: She's in charge of her cabinet. I think ray J got something. And they're all like little owners of these little networks and they're making it pop except for to be like Tooby's only one is a little loose. So slowly, I don't know who old to be. Wait, he is legitly.
Speaker 3: Slowly, but surely, we are witnessing us becoming small networks, satellite networks and having direct access to our audience. The gatekeepers have lost the gate already. We just used to going through them. So that's why we keep kind of drifting that way, but slowly but surely the.
Speaker 6: Path is being They're just trying to buy everything up even though they're.
Speaker 2: Trying to keep control power.
Speaker 3: But as as as they lose power, we are starting to gain it and we can go directly to our audience. So I think that's what the attractiveness of it is. Me understanding what it's been before, going through it, understanding it in a different light now, and now being able to step back in and control and control the narrative is amazing, you know what I'm saying. So so yeah, we have we haven't gotten far with.
Speaker 1: It, I hope again and again. Let me just let me just say something. I'm a binge watcher, right and I used to like, you know, HBO all this shit, like I stay home Now I watch ship that no one I watch Prime Apple TV like I watched like and well, again, you as long as you cater to your audience, I don't think you ever have to change. I don't think I'm just noticing that, like you know what I mean, Like, like remember it was just HBO, Cinemax showtime. I can stay home for a whole week I'm not hitting on none of those ships. I'm not watching what's supposed to be popular. I'm watching what speaks to me. I'm watching this sh it called Bad Monkey. I don't know if you've heard of it, but Vince Vaughn it. It's kind of crazy. It's about Florida. It's not the Keys. I always think of you, like cause I don't know.
Speaker 2: Me or I think you'd be in the Keys.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even watch TV.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't watch like like programming, you know what I'm saying, Like like like television show, sitcoms and all that stuff. You get all that on the stream platform and watch it when you want to watch it. So it's I think it's just changing man.
Speaker 1: Netflix, guy, Yeahlix, Netflix, Max, HBO Max yeah, okay, Apple TV, Apple TV, Apple TV of course, and then yeah Amazon, yeah, yeah, that's probably making me pay.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't do Hulu anything like rend it. I'm like, oh, ship, you're privately make you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about reading it?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: That's as far as that as I start. I'm kind of weird about that. I don't like the whole don't. I don't have a bunch of ship on my phone, like I just have like certain ship, Like I don't do the cash app ship and all that cash zelp zep.
Speaker 1: Like I was fighting it for a long time. I didn't like people.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know I have it now, but I barely use that ship.
Speaker 1: I don't know is okay.
Speaker 2: That's easier because you know the right there.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy. I just know how to send money. When somebody send me money back, I just I think that shit goes into I don't know how to download it, like what I got money though, Yeah I can't RecG. You just diner the other day and I have my homies homies with me and I took care of the bill and then Nigga, my phone start going off and I see these numbers coming.
Speaker 2: I'm like, who's sending me?
Speaker 1: What is?
Speaker 2: Are you sending me money?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Where does it go?
Speaker 1: Nigga? Where it goes? You know, I cash out direct you. I'll be trying not to look stupid, so I don't be like I do.
Speaker 3: It's in the Apple cash and I know it makes me sound really old, but fun that you know what I'm saying, Like you're talking to a nigga to keep us all this money to all facing up.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I come from the old school. You know what I'm saying, ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: This is dangerous the phone, having like your cards on your phone. Yeah, like then you lose this. Motherfuckers. It's automatically. I see you Fat Joe's wife get him drunk one day. Maybe I got him drunk too. And wallet you mean Waller on the phone, Yeah and yeah, And we went to a jury store and I just fell sorry for like it was just.
Speaker 2: Like I was just like, it's just you.
Speaker 1: You mean, there's there's there's two sides to convenience. You know what I'm saying. There's that could have been a positive here. You know, you know our show, that's right, it's about giving people their flowers. You know, we had you on early when we were discovering who it is, but we were more enough to tell you how much you mean to the rap game, how much you mean to I was about to say West Coast, but I don't want to limit you to the West Coast. I don't want to limit to you to you know, California. I want to limit you to I want.
Speaker 2: To not limit you.
Speaker 1: I want to you know, to the fucking galaxy. You know what I'm saying, Like, you are a person who changed the game. You're a person who has remained lower, a person who's main down, your person who has never you know, cracked folded, and we want to give your flowers face to face man and man, as Snoop said, it's better than the Grammy because it's from your people, for sure. You know what I'm saying, nigg I don't even get invited to the BET Awards, So this is all okay, okay, okay, they said, ray J has Tronics who said that, Okay, okay. Yeah, so these these are little networks. I'm with you on that. I want to but only fans is not little network.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: And and to be able to be that, they have the vision to approach me. They have a bigger vision for it then than than what I'm thinking. Right, So yeah, I think it's dope. I think I thank you for this too, man. I appreciate it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: By the way, by the way, you deserve this. It's not something like we're not we're not giving charity.
Speaker 2: You feel this y yeah ship?
Speaker 6: All right, yeah yeah, Now I hope that that you do that deal man.
Speaker 2: And no, I mean listen, listen.
Speaker 3: It all works, and I think it goes back to the original question, Like you know, when people talk to me and they talk about paying my ride, doesn't bother me. No, it does not bother me. You know what I'm saying. It make it just there's so many other things. It could have been so different from me to come from where I come from and to have made so many people happy, you know what I'm saying, Like people like people walk up to me and say, you know.
Speaker 1: I grew up to you, you know, like, yo, you you know you were my childhood.
Speaker 3: I was like, damn nigga, not that, you know what I'm saying, Like, you're not that much younger than.
Speaker 1: I.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: With that, Like even with that yo, you were you were you were ahead of your time. Like I said that earlier with the with the lyrics and the music, But just think about that in reality, like we weren't used to seeing motherfucker with braids, you know what I'm saying, Like going to you know what's that ship? Ris County. You were going to Rancho Cougar Bonga.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was really worried.
Speaker 3: When I first started to paying my ride that my peers and hip hop were gonna frown upon it. Wow, because I was young, you know what I'm saying. And I really shouldn't have gave a fuck, you know what I'm saying. Definitely should but I was. I was worried about it because I love what we have this thing of ours hip hop is this brotherhood, this this this unity, this this unspoken word, this code that we live by.
Speaker 2: I was stepping outside of that.
Speaker 1: Right, you know.
Speaker 2: But you weren't though, But it's the same thing that.
Speaker 1: They talked about.
Speaker 2: Cannot make it make sense on sir, outside of this looking at the same things. Inside of looking out.
Speaker 1: You kept it hip hop, like had you had a fucking tuxedo on, you know what I'm saying, Like like if you was like like doing some weird funny ship like, you kept it hip hop. That's the thing about it. Like a lot of people think like hip hop is not even a close Sometimes hip hop is just you can put on anything, you can put it on prisons to and still be hip hop. Right, you know what I mean, and that's what I think the U the legitimacy comes from. My ride is no matter what if you was in Albuquerque, if he was in wherever, if he was never left California, he never left California. Sea an't know that. In my mind, I was to Seattle, you know what I'm saying, like all over the place, soul it was. It was kept hip hop. I think that's my point is like like you're slang not You brought hip hop in the world through the strike.
Speaker 3: But it was a risk because it was a risk because nobody else had done it. Yes, right, you're the first reality TV. You gotta remember we come from motherfucker. You talk about, you know, third base when it was just an mc hammer for doing Pepsi commercials.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, em crossover, you know.
Speaker 3: Like that's where I was directly going against that rule, right, But it was I did it because I thought that it would help my music. Total opposite. It had nothing to do with the music. Motherfuckers didn't even it didn't even move the needle. It did take me into a household name though.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, outside of looking in and.
Speaker 1: You got something that joint gotcha. God damn, still there talking about Jesus. But see, in my opinion, now not now now, I would like you correct me. It was represented in the right way to me, Like when I seen that, like I want, I wouldn't want. I wouldn't want to watch you represent for us like you never felt like that if like yeah, I felt like he was bringing us with them.
Speaker 2: I went to wordy like that.
Speaker 3: But I'm glad it landed like that, meaning I'm glad that it.
Speaker 2: Was like perceived like that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, you got people, you know who don't necessarily appreciate the transition from one to the other. But for the majority of people, there was a positive response.
Speaker 2: And you were picking out your own clothes.
Speaker 1: You gotta ask because come on, they definitely.
Speaker 2: The same exhibit on the show that you saw.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying to say is you know once was it a success?
Speaker 2: They have he said he wasn't wearing a suit and tie.
Speaker 1: And then that's what's different was the the world got to see my character.
Speaker 3: They got to see the way I speak to my family members. How ill I tell horrible dad jokes? All the time, and and and and that's my sense of humor though, you know what I'm saying. So now I'm not exhibit wrapping a thousand fuck you bars.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Now you get to see me joking around with somebody and being able to relate to someone who's not a celebrity, Like being able to talk to people is a gift, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Some people don't know how to relate to who one and you jo on right, right? But that that's how I That's how I am.
Speaker 3: And so the world got to see that side of me and accepted that part. And I never in the world expected the you know, I never expected the world to accept me as as I am.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I only only what I presented, you know what I'm saying. So you were worried more than anything.
Speaker 3: Right, right, But I was worried about a lot, you know what I'm saying, Like, like, are they it's just going to affect me going back and doing music? Is this going to affect me? You know, like I don't know how it's going to be perceived. But it became a juggernaut hit. Yes, it became a path to follow. It became, you know, one of the things that people strive to emulate. That's why all these other shows, you know, came from it. And you know, I look back at that and be like wow, Like when you have imprints on society, that's different than just having a moment or having a hit record like this is this is something that lasts like generations.
Speaker 6: You're literally a part of people's childhood or just their viewing experience at home or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's that's a big deal.
Speaker 3: You could talk to You could talk to people and ask them, you know, about Pimp My Ride and they'll know what it is is, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but let me ask you, like we was required about only fans and they said they.
Speaker 6: Buy the I p O.
Speaker 2: Look they're willing to.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that you that you get back to old episodes like how Snoop got with death ro Like he doesn't have the old people, but he has people.
Speaker 6: He was a part of the original ownership. Were you a part of the original ownership of the creation?
Speaker 1: So he so they stepped to you with this idea already.
Speaker 6: But but you could be if they buy it and you say, well, if you buy it, I got it.
Speaker 3: It's super inclusive. They already told me, you know what, they what their vision was. But again it's just an idea. But I'm just letting them know. Shout out to OnlyFans television.
Speaker 1: I'm down with y'all. Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like like.
Speaker 2: Like if look.
Speaker 12: You look at the camera, I'm down with hand videos.
Speaker 1: I'll be your hand on. It'd be dope, It'd be dope. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But yes, you know what I'm saying, Like everything everything that was successful in the past. You know what I'm saying that it still can still have relevance now, Like yo, why not do it? You know what I'm saying, Like why not? Why not put it back out there? But listen, you know if it comes to fruition, you'll be give you guys to be the first one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got damn it. We'll be drinking on the side, just comments just to get it.
Speaker 2: But all right, I'm want to ask you this.
Speaker 1: At one point this hat company was paying me right, pave me to wear a hat. I just I thought, awhile I just could not stop wearing this hat. Was there a point where the sess of the show. That was a big show. That was our first time getting to see a brother that we know that being himself, staying himself at that. But it's crossing over, like it.
Speaker 2: Became a house.
Speaker 1: It's almost like it's almost like n W A W A Records wasn't meant to cross over. Who Records wasn't want to cross over, but it crossed over. You wasn't trying to cross over, but you was coming in everyone's household. Was it? Was it any time that that that show like actually was a burden on you while you was recording it.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to tour. I didn't you have to stay in the place, didn't make music the same way, right, I couldn't record.
Speaker 3: We recorded seven seasons and it was like you know, it was it was always something and so I couldn't be away from LA and so I wasn't able to tour. It affected a lot of the music side of things, you know. So then it was like I had spent so much time doing the show. When I went back to do music, it was met with pell my ride, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I was met with that the label party said name your album.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I bet you it's similar to how you felt with coming back. I mean, you were still in music for me and this ship.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, I think it.
Speaker 6: I think the sentiment is probably the same for him going back to doing music after the show, the same way that you felt trying to figure your point ahead. You felt alienated. Remember you said you were in hip hop purgatory. Yeah, I felt I bet you that he kind of felt that same sentiment that you felt.
Speaker 2: See, I see.
Speaker 1: The thing is again, I'm a fan at this time, so I'm not seeing If you agreeing with that, I'm not seeing I'm seeing nothing but glory.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I'm seeing, right, you know what I mean? Okay, but it.
Speaker 6: Didn't But he hadn't been training, he hadn't been in the studio, he hadn't been.
Speaker 3: I wish I wasn't able to do what I what I would, what I wanted to do. You know I was doing. I was doing something that was really dope, right. You know, my first love music is my first love.
Speaker 1: Jesus man, I'm not gonna lie to you. Like I said, we had third base on him, and we were sitting back and we were saying, how many you know things that people wouldn't do because of the commercialism.
Speaker 2: But you was. I kid you not.
Speaker 1: I would bet everything that you was the person.
Speaker 2: That balanced that.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I mean. I love this story, bro. I'm just being honest, bro, because you broke barriers. Man. You know what I'm saying. You did something that I believe that can't be replaced. That's why when I see the fakes, would you ever produce a show like that without you in it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the show a name be called.
Speaker 3: I don't think it necessarily has to be about cars. I think doing pimpyer Fridge.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think.
Speaker 3: A makeover show is what's necessary. I think what's missing right now is uh like people actually doing genuine things for other people.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 3: Like you see you see you know, like things on social media whatever. But you know, like again, that show was about Wisher filming. That show was about something that can that we It's no, it's no, it's no racial connection, there's no there's no party, there's no government official. This is just about somebody having something that everybody else has and eventually can be able to do something you know, positive with it.
Speaker 1: And so you know, if I do another show man, you know, I would.
Speaker 3: Love to produce something that had that that kind of basis to it, that.
Speaker 1: Route to it. But I mean, there's so many ideas out there.
Speaker 3: There's so many things, like I got an idea for a show, like, let me explain what.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, yeah, I don't. Nobody's listening to us. I don't idea.
Speaker 1: No. I mean, look, if they take it. If they take it, then so be it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But good luck. But but I like to go fishing, fishing. You know what I'm saying, black men fishing.
Speaker 3: I like to go deep sea fishing, right, And so you know, one of one of our ideas, me and Tato we we we we go out sometimes and so no out of the what is it the it's an ox nerd. I forget the name of the place. But but I go out. You know, it's just it's a boat. We go out, take it two hours into the ocean and go deep sea fishing.
Speaker 2: And in that, in that that ride.
Speaker 3: Out to the ocean, there's like a two three hour gap before we before we get to the spot. And so I was like, you know what, I had a couple of guys come out and they brought their kids, and their kids were from the hood, South Central, never been out of the hood, went and got on this boat and we went out. And so they had the fucking time in their life on this boat, right, never been out the hood, just experienced. They screaming when they getting the fish, about the boat, all the ship. And so I was like, let's do a show called Teaching Man the Fish and and so what that was is like, we're going to take people who have like these kids are coming from like war zones, right, and to see them have that kind of experience was really dope. And then once going on that long ride back, it was like I start talking to them.
Speaker 2: I was like, so, you know, like, who do you look at, who do you look up to?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Who inspires you? What do you want to be?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, if you could be anything in the world, who would you want to talk to to get advice from? They started naming out names. Next time you have that person come out with that person on the boat. You know what I'm saying, this is a dope show. You're giving us a lot. Yeah, No, no, be honest, this is dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but but then it became a whole other thing.
Speaker 3: So the way we have it lined up and the way we have it do I mean, good luck, dude. I mean, like, look, I'm all for people doing stuff for other people, but that idea, right there would be sort of the direction I go in order to be something out And you.
Speaker 1: Got to realize this double on contre teach them how to fish although you talk about fish and you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Life, correct, right, goddamn.
Speaker 6: Right, But you could you could tie it up into the only fans deal if you wanted to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's limitless, you know, Like the things that we can do with the relationships we have because it's all about relationships, you know, the.
Speaker 1: Things that we can do is well, oh we we're got Yeah.
Speaker 2: The things that we're doing with the relationships, we got.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: It's phenomenal. So I mean, I'm excited about the future, you know.
Speaker 6: But you don't tie like the business dealings with McGregor with this only fans and these are separate.
Speaker 2: Separate deals, right, separate things. You know, keep many eye.
Speaker 3: I've always been one to keep irons in the fire though, you know, I like, I like trying different ship.
Speaker 2: I think the only fans things sounds incredible. I think it sounds dope too.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, because it sounds like a not to country, but it sounds like a company that's trying to change their image. They got the financial backing to do it, and they want to pivot from what they are right now.
Speaker 2: And they're successful and they're trying to find.
Speaker 6: The right pieces that puzzle and you that means you can come in a a at a foundational point of that pivot and grow with them.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And I like building things from the ground up, you know what I'm saying. It gives you get to create a freedom before all these systems are in place to limit you on what you actually can do. You know, and if something works, then you are actually writing that code for that company. You know, you're creating the DNA for everything successful that comes after you.
Speaker 2: You should tell them give me equity and only fans as well.
Speaker 1: As I think they're way past that or something. No.
Speaker 3: I think I think coming in there, what I what A I p that's that's that's that can be you know, shared and profitable for everybody, is the idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing quick time of slim taking a quick piss with myself. Take a break.
Speaker 1: I gotta do something real quick. All right, ready for quick time of Slam. Yes, I am ready for Comma Slop sponsored by Yeah god damn all right, absolutely, okay, yeah this is good. Yeah still gin Yeah, but you guys send this ship.
Speaker 2: To You're in like five million group chat.
Speaker 6: This is just too many group chests right now.
Speaker 1: It just started the only fans.
Speaker 2: This is the rules.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you two choices a ship.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh I've seen this. Yeah, okay, it's not negative. We're not pitting people against each other, all right, you know what I'm saying. It's just sometimes you do.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's not really.
Speaker 2: That's not the point that.
Speaker 6: The stories about whoever like jogging by. Yeah, we want to know your preferences of things, got it, So you pick one. Nobody drinks one of the two choices. But if you say both or neither the PC answer you just don't want to answer it.
Speaker 2: Then we all drink. Take a shot.
Speaker 3: It seems like we're just about to take a bunch of shots.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: To say, m j G, m j G. Yeah, yeah, a ball.
Speaker 1: M j G.
Speaker 2: Which was the one m.
Speaker 1: J G just like, yeah, he just he just wanted to drink. I was that, look, but you might as well just bring the bottle criteria.
Speaker 6: It doesn't it doesn't have to be anything that would be like yo, my man, because so and so reason.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Let's do it all.
Speaker 2: Right, Easy? Oh ship.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, you see, I don't think he's gonna pick you any reasons any story with Easy.
Speaker 2: Did you ever meet Easy?
Speaker 3: I have, I did meet Easy. I met Tupac as well. I met Easy.
Speaker 1: Eh. I met Easy.
Speaker 3: I saw him on the one ten Freeway driving a white VMW and I handed him a tape. I recognized him, yeah, And I handed him a tape and I had my phone number on it. I thought it was the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: He's the first Mike Jones.
Speaker 3: He called me, told me to come to the studio, went to the studio that they recorded the whole n W A record, and he was like, yeah, man, I want to sign you.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 3: No, this is way after, way after, way after. And then I think he had just signed bone. Okay wow. And so that's why this is a little surreal moment as well. And so then you know, after that lost contact. You know, the rest is history. But I did meet him, you know what I'm saying, But not I say easy because easy E was the catalyst behind the one of the the family tree roots of everything that grew out of that, including myself.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like coming from that n w A death.
Speaker 3: Row snoop Dog you know eminem family tree that that branched out aftermath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you take it. Doesn't have to say at least not the way we see it exactly right.
Speaker 3: So so Tupac is a is a juggernaut and very artist in himself.
Speaker 2: But I would say easy and what story with Pac? Any memorable? Dude?
Speaker 3: I think the biggest thing in me and d D from the Outlaws, you know, shout out to Edie, Yeah, and and and and the whole crew man, Like you know, there was the you know Tupac dissed me on well he he well, he didn't dis me. I think, uh uh, one of the Outlaws, fat On Machavelli. He was like he called out whoever did paparazzi because he yeah, they thought paparazzi I wrote paparazzi about Tupac, like like like the when he had the how do you want It?
Speaker 1: Song?
Speaker 3: All I want is the money in the fame, and then in my song said, it's a shame niggas in the rap game only for the money in the fame.
Speaker 2: So so he thought.
Speaker 3: That was about him, and I was like, no, nigga, it is about It's not about that of that and so and so, you know, long story short, I was, I was coming in House of Blues. He pulled up in a in a white a white Bentley drop top, hopped out, shook my hand. It's like layer ship walked in there. Did that infamous House of Blue show.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they did hit him up correct, Wow, Paul, he's chest naked, right, I think he had a shirt on. That's six six two Okay.
Speaker 3: On stage have been a different thing, jumping out of a car and so yeah, that was the back of the back of House of Blues, first and only time.
Speaker 1: I ever met Tupac. Wow.
Speaker 2: And and uh yeah that was dope man, that was dope.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: But but but now fast forward, me and Edie did a song together and we had talked about that and he was like, talk about it. Yeah, we did talk about it, and he was like man, he was just he just he just felt like everybody was coming at him at that time.
Speaker 2: So he was hyper sensitive about everything.
Speaker 3: And so once we had that understanding, it's like, bro, that has nothing to do with nothing and it's all love now.
Speaker 2: But you know it was, it was, it was a thing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, that's crazy when the last time you spoke the blunket. This just tastes like Jesus pussy, right, but just being this, it is fantastic. Look I got this for you, man. Look look I got that. I know you are smoking, man, give.
Speaker 2: Him one of them roll up Jesus rollers up. Okay, yeah, roll up one bus.
Speaker 1: Assistance from one of my my stores in.
Speaker 2: L A, one of the stores. I like how you got. Let's be clear understand that.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got to give us Los Angeles even traditional.
Speaker 2: I didn't even tell you.
Speaker 1: During COVID I did marriage boot camp and there was the dispensary that would deliver it.
Speaker 2: To me and all over By is their ship like all over Buys. Yes, I never even called you.
Speaker 1: It was I was like in my mind, I'm like this nigga got the more appreciated or appreciate. Yeah, how did you get into cannabis business?
Speaker 2: What he just said?
Speaker 1: I mean we here, we here, we hit him.
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 1: That's that's that's that's that's called Los angel.
Speaker 3: O g Angel lost, Los angel O g Angel. Yeah, it's a collab we did with the traditional brand. That's stuff mine is. My stores are called Exhibits West Coast Cannabis. Okay, right, I have one in bel Air and one in Chatsworth.
Speaker 2: Sounds very rich. They look beautiful, yeah, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I got a I got with a really good group. But the retail aspect of what I do in cannabis is where I landed. I started by, you know, creating some of the biggest brands in cannabis, from you know, Brass Knuckles to what we did with Nate Palm to working with others, you know, like like my close friends are you know, Bread, Wonder Bread, the Originals, you know what I'm saying, Like like of course Doctor Green Thumb, all all the real heavy hitters, Kenji, all those guys that really like put the put it down, see Junkie Genetics, all these guys that I've had real close intimate, you know, like like real real real relationships. Building brands is where I started. So that started in like twenty eighteen, twenty seventeen, you know, twenty sixteen. Like the first thing I made was a taffy and it was it was it was yeah, and it was like we couldn't get the formula right, so like one piece would be fucking strong and not get your ass out, and then the other one wouldn't be as strong as it was. So it was like a thing we had to make right. And so that was my entry into it. It was called lool taffy. And then from there I said, okay, cool. We went into the vape cards and then we got into other things.
Speaker 2: But I learned a lot. I know every aspect.
Speaker 3: I've had my own distribution, I've had my own manufacturing, I've had all of that stuff. So I've learned every aspect of the business. So you know, I think experience to me is knowing who to fire and you know what I'm saying. And so for me, being able to have every aspect of the cannabis industry, you know, understood retail was a natural thing for me because not only do I know how to build a brand that I know how to push your brand that I thought it was dope to be able to like. Okay, well let's tell everybody shit. You know, California is a ship show right now. It needs to be regulated in.
Speaker 2: A different way. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: The rules and regulations for cannabis in California are really difficult to navigate for legal cannabis now when you out so there's say there's a thousand shops in California right now, maybe you know, maybe about half of them are legal, right so the other guys are operating.
Speaker 1: With no taxes. No, no, you know.
Speaker 3: It was it was black market or the traditional market, you know, and so you know it's we plan by different rules, but it's over taxed, it's overregulated. They make it really difficult for real operators to to go and then they have to compete with people who are just undercutting the prices, you know what I'm saying, you know, because we got to keep our prices a certain way in order to pay the taxes and whatever it happens from from the legal business. But then when you got motherfucking cowboys down the street that don't give a fuck about none of that shit, putting the sh and color for last boxes with no regulations and they.
Speaker 1: Got cereal boxes and all.
Speaker 2: All the rappers going in there, like you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, like why go to a legal shop where I can go get some fruit loops with a whole bunch of weed in it? You know what I'm saying Like.
Speaker 3: This, it's difficult to navigate through that in California. So that being said, there is still a thriving business and that things get regulated, it will balance itself out.
Speaker 1: Go to the next krook Tom Slam, Thank god, Mama.
Speaker 2: Rads. Cats are corrupt.
Speaker 3: Both Jesus, fuck, motherfucker. You can't fuck what the fuck was that? Jesus, see you talk.
Speaker 1: I just want you to know the Minnican and the Colombian writes those questions over there, so it's not me a U f it.
Speaker 2: Don't go take it out on where they're from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want you to know because it's a conspiracy.
Speaker 2: N w A or Wu Tang n w A.
Speaker 3: And look I love listen, I love Wu Tang, but I mean n w A. It's like, you know, that's just like where we come from. That's like the Holy croil, that's you know, that's that ship started. You had this Jerry Curl before I did not have a fucking I did have an s curl Curl, I.
Speaker 1: Tell you something I can.
Speaker 2: And I know you had someone and my mom. Fuck. I remember, Yes, nigga, that ship was crazy. You can put it up on I have one too.
Speaker 3: But you know if the niggas used to sell cracking bye them cheap ass sous from Jeans West. You know what I say, nigga, Well we did that anyway. Yeah, that was wow. Fuck I remember that shaved signs with the little curly.
Speaker 1: Next to damn it king t No, no, no, I can't do this one. Oh yo, see sorry, you just give me everything Ice, Oh fuck you God Jesus yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: He's got a record with Q.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, man on the on the album, tell me you guy, after we get done, you got, I ain't.
Speaker 2: Going nowhere over the quiet storm they.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: To blow it up for the fans. J you hear that kind of mash up?
Speaker 1: Jesus okay or jay Z? What the both?
Speaker 2: Jesus Christmas?
Speaker 1: Anna Lie. I told y'all spoke to NOAs today this morning and I hit him.
Speaker 2: I was like, I got dreaded.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna get in the middle of that ship. He's fucking crazy. Oh I got, I got all right? Didn't my shot? Come on, you didn't drink your shot? No? No, no, I don't. I don't seat the game. I treat the game.
Speaker 2: It's cola shot exactly, thank you. That's Chico. What is this forty two? Okay?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: All cipresso alcoholics?
Speaker 1: Ooh ooh ooh. I love his racist presidents.
Speaker 6: Yo, the links are so assassins. Yeah, what the fuck you guys? I feel like you're part of both cruiser. Yeah, I can't fuck it both the fucking I told you bring spring the bottle.
Speaker 2: Cheers, cheers, cheers.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh shipg you do that?
Speaker 2: This West Coast ship? I mean, what the just racist?
Speaker 1: Let you have the West Coast and DJ.
Speaker 2: I got the groups? Is that the DJ and the West Coast warn Gidfari?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you guys are not fair.
Speaker 6: What the.
Speaker 1: That's the Dominican and that's the Colombian. That's right right there. Okay, okay, okay, both damn yeah both I got. I'm older shot.
Speaker 2: You can say someone was just was your favorite good.
Speaker 1: MACARONIY better so far as my brother is my brother?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, like bring a million already, d I drank him.
Speaker 1: You might just drink com okay, all right, and I haven't drinking a week.
Speaker 2: All right, you got the next one? Go all right, drink no drink that first.
Speaker 1: Okay. I know I got this one. Pharrell or Kanye who Man, I'm gonna go with ya, go with yeah, big up the yeah.
Speaker 2: Any story with ya.
Speaker 8: Or for.
Speaker 1: I haven't had a lot of interaction with with either of them, but I met Pharrell very cordial. You don't got to be with all timblingbling like everything.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Talk to Kanye.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, like never never really got real deep with it, you know what I'm saying. But look, I say Kanye because I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: Of his work.
Speaker 3: You know, I speak fluent artists, right, I like that, so I speak fluent artists. So I know when I see it, and I know the frustration that he was feeling.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I articulate my frustration in different ways, but I felt when he was doing that, you know what I'm saying. And I saw his his roller coaster ride and through it all, he stayed creative great.
Speaker 1: Through it all.
Speaker 3: He's stayed creative, and he and and he and he performed at an optimum level, and he was able to move some really big chess pieces around the board in the in the state of chaos.
Speaker 2: When you can.
Speaker 3: Operate like that, I mean, yeah, it's a whole different thing. Look, and you can't take nothing away from for real, for Rail as a musical master, he's a genius. He he definitely has transitioned into like bigger roles as well.
Speaker 1: Going into you know what he's doing with Louis Vatan, Yeah and yeah, yeah, and the stuff that he's doing in film.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying with The Despicable Me. Yeah, I mean, you can't take nothing away from what these guys are doing because they're doing it at such a high level. But I love the underdog. I love the motherfucker that's the you.
Speaker 1: Know fights, He's been an underdog in a long time.
Speaker 6: He was going, he was he was going against what I mean, maybe to his own he was bringing it on, but he was going up against some some big things.
Speaker 3: He's going against some big things, some big ideas. I'm going to be some big thoughts.
Speaker 1: We went through.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we went through it. What was that secondhand smoke? We definitely called second hand smoke? Like this is ahead Jesus, Nipsey or Drake you.
Speaker 1: Nigga ruthless Dominicans of Columbia.
Speaker 3: Draco, Draco, I have to say Nipsey like I you know, you know, rest in peace Draco's Nipsy piece both.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just think that what Nipsey manifested in the city of Los Angeles, in his neighborhood, in the spirit of the people.
Speaker 14: I got to see it myself. I agree with you was impactful to a lot of people. They both had impacts, but I think what Nipsey men and what he represented was a lot stronger.
Speaker 2: You know, I want to re edit what you're saying to me.
Speaker 1: I know this is gonna sound crazy, but to me, every time I met Nipsey, it was like me in a version of Jesus. It's because he knew everything about his ogs, like and so many the.
Speaker 2: Younger generation just don't.
Speaker 1: They'll know more about Michael Jordan, did they know about Snoop? They know about more about fucking you know, Penny Hardaway because.
Speaker 2: Of the Sneakers.
Speaker 1: Then they'll know about biggie, like, you know what I'm saying. Just because of the sneakers, they won't. Actually, this is how you're feeding your family and you don't want to know who the Forefalls was today. So but Nipsey did Nipsey always, and you.
Speaker 3: Can tell the ones who do right, like listen, like people aren't stupid.
Speaker 1: They know when you really love this thing.
Speaker 3: When you when you really love it, it shows you, know what I'm saying, And when you really do and listen, just because you're getting money from something don't make you really you know.
Speaker 2: The best.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think there's I think there's a lot of things that happened in hip hop and around hip hop, but you know, we don't own enough you know what I'm saying to be able to control the narrative.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And that's cool though, man, because it's growing and it's feeding families and it's doing all this ship.
Speaker 1: But to still be here and be able to do this with you guys.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, why I appreciate all of this, man?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. The next.
Speaker 6: Common or black thought, black thought, black thoughts, Yo, sounds like you were mad when coming Decice you.
Speaker 2: No, okay, I'm kidding, kidding, I love coming.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying Common is Common is an artist in his own right. But if we're talking about we're talking to black dots, beasts, man, we're talking about the whole. We're talking about a motherfucking a beast. We're talking about and Common is a beast too.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Please don't diss me comment because no, I get I get it. But but Black Thought is is a whole.
Speaker 2: I think Common would say Black Thought, Yeah, he's a fucking phenomenon. No, I don't think that. I think so. I think so.
Speaker 1: Nat because because what I'm saying is, we'll say.
Speaker 6: That we're coming because he is such an m.
Speaker 2: C and he's ready to battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess, but he ain't ready to battle Black Thought. But they're fan. They're fan anyways, Black thoughts, motherfucking monster.
Speaker 6: See, I think you Black Thought doesn't get the credit. He deserves to be honest with you, like he's Loosten.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I know. I Look, there's a lot of guys.
Speaker 3: There's there's some there's some masters of the of the craft that I feel like, you know what I'm saying when I listen to them, that the motherfuckers is is monster Royster five nine being wonderful, out of control black Thought being another one.
Speaker 2: Like there's a.
Speaker 1: Couple of guys that that that.
Speaker 3: I really like, Wow, you know what I'm saying, Like I really appreciate what they do.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And we got this is Cardinal hair, Cardinal Fisher. That's one of my.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: It's not that you got a personal roller too. I'm rolling my own ship.
Speaker 1: And I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I've been I've been watching you.
Speaker 1: I mean i've been.
Speaker 2: I've been seeing you put it together.
Speaker 6: I got hash and and and diamonds and Cocaina.
Speaker 1: Get the screen.
Speaker 2: Call Kiff Frost, Mellow Mayonnaise, Uh kid Frost.
Speaker 3: I love Melow Maynaes. Shout out Melomyannaes. Without Melow Maynase, we wouldn't have dim Rick. Dimrick came from, you know, relationship with Melow Maynes. That's how he got introduced to be real, That's how he got introduced.
Speaker 6: Mellows Dog's brother. Correct, And that's my Cuban people's right there. Yes, that's rush. This question Kid Frost.
Speaker 3: Kid Frost was the He's the He's the o G of that I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Ruthless. He was on Ruthless.
Speaker 1: Everything had to hit records, had had the presence, had the representation, had the whole community behind him, Right Yeah. His son, his son scooped de Ville.
Speaker 3: He was a fucking phenomenal hits hip hop like he It's like you can see you can see how much Kid Frost loved hip hop by the way his son loves.
Speaker 6: Because it doesn't even look the same, but it's the same. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You get to see how real Kid Frost is from the way his son and the way his son is.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like he got a love.
Speaker 3: For the hop that that is deeper than anybody I've seen. You know what I'm saying, Alchemists like that level of you know what I'm saying, being into into the hop. You know what I'm saying, Like like alchemists man like. And then that's another dude, Like I knew when he was when he was running around the hooligans, you know what I'm saying, Like seeing him in.
Speaker 1: The main he was back.
Speaker 2: I don't know bugget, but he was.
Speaker 1: Then Alchemist was never good. He was.
Speaker 2: Man robbing good man. He took a shot at me, So I gotta take.
Speaker 1: My brother by the way, by the way, one of the greatest produces all the time, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the others. Yes, man, my brother.
Speaker 9: Man, you took a shot. No one even told you to a shout the yeah, I want to leave us. Don't hit The whole time this was drink don't hold on. I know with him, drink shamps, nigga with champions and time. You know, he got into it.
Speaker 1: He just have no coming, great guy with good coming.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 15: I feel like this is you, everything is me Lauren Hill or miss Elliot. Oh He's like, oh oh oh oh, so many I loved it.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, I mean, you got, you got, you got. You know, I can't stay in the rain, and then you got I can't, Then you got.
Speaker 2: They're both really literally you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then you you know, you get.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, So you're saying both. I'm not saying both. I think here I need to make I need to got to take a stand. Oh I'm gonna say I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: Mister, wow, I didn't see that one coming, all right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Even though I know the impact that that album had, the mis Education of Lauryn Hill had on the culture.
Speaker 2: And the Fujis and the Fuji's.
Speaker 1: Because that's the only album she only hasn't technically one understands.
Speaker 6: Saying that, But I don't know. I just got to be give the Fujis as her album as an album.
Speaker 2: No, that's a group project. That's a group project. I get it, I get it, but it's still she's a part of the group.
Speaker 1: No, But.
Speaker 2: The mis Education of Lauren Hill is her project, that's her. But her catalog would be discussion.
Speaker 1: That's why I bring it up all the time, just being honest in my opinion. I don't I don't really care. It's the real answer.
Speaker 3: Talking about it's one album and in her group stuff. Yeah, she she was Laurence Hill within that group. But ice Cube was an ice cube until he was out of it.
Speaker 2: God damn it, God damn it, God damn it. So you wouldn't give ice Cube.
Speaker 1: In w either. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I gave it to him. He was in a group setting. But it makes ice cube.
Speaker 1: W A.
Speaker 6: You don't have ice cube, we're not disagreeing with disagree with you and he can be right.
Speaker 1: Disagreement. He's like, yeah, listen, listen, it's a group thing, you know what I'm saying. Like they are like troying, making one movement.
Speaker 2: So you want the solo thing to show shows.
Speaker 3: You're arranged as an artist solo artists, right, that solo project is what like, that's your representation.
Speaker 1: So mis education of Lauren Hill.
Speaker 3: Was crazy crazy It moves shift the culture like it solidified her as as is who she is now, right, And then you look at Missy and she's reinvented herself like she just had one of the biggest tours ever will but.
Speaker 2: Happened Era and Buster rhymes every morning.
Speaker 3: And also you know the way that she has, like you know when you see in a Missy Elliott production, you know when you see in the dancers, the court choreography that you know what I'm saying, that the sound.
Speaker 2: That you know what I'm saying, like like that ship is not easy to do, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And when you see the hard work that that's put into that, like you have to be like, listen, you know what I'm saying, don't I don't want to hear about artists showing up late or doing that or doing all that ship when when there's other artists to be compared to that are putting in that type of effort, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So that's why I got to get and she penned a lot of music, absolutely people, and.
Speaker 1: Her paying game is sick, her delivery is sick, her work ethic is sick, her spirit is sick, her soul is fucking the biggest life, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, but now I know not to say component Reagan, just start your career, bring to him.
Speaker 1: Shot speaking shape, okay? The Chronic or Crying two thousand and one. Oh yeah, I'm ready to take a shot. Oh the Chronicle Cronic two thousand and one. I mean, I would imagine you picked. You're on both, oh one, it's not too im Without the group, there's no solo. I'm just saying, I'm just saying saying. I'm just I'm just say man, I'm just saying. I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Saying drinking it's drinkers.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: No, No, that is not the same thing.
Speaker 2: It is not the saying. It's not the I'm I'm with he career doesn't start on here.
Speaker 1: That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I'm getting to do it again. Okay, this one I'm a last all right, m O P or marf d Oh that's a good one. Oh man, dance be hitting me all the time.
Speaker 2: Man, we talk all the time.
Speaker 1: You gotta do m O P exhibit Yes, yes, we have a record with all together m O P. Yes, absolutely, and must record too. Was Relativity, Yeah, but that merged.
Speaker 2: That's why came over to ok okay f mm hmm, man, come on, man, fuck to.
Speaker 1: Okay. So the difference between mom D and fucking m O P.
Speaker 3: It's look, they don't both making gun Talk records the gangster ship, right, So one is high energy and that delivery is super loud.
Speaker 1: M O P. Mom was more laid past.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because both doing that. Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 3: It's both hit, but it's hitting at the same kind of level, right, thanks man, yesterday mom D.
Speaker 2: Of course of the affiliation with the label mates.
Speaker 1: I got it, I got it, I got it both.
Speaker 2: Okay, just hit just hit one into it. Yeah, careful man, I mean my l.
Speaker 1: We're taking a shot Okay, we're taking my lungs is still in the nineties, my bad man. I'm like this fucking ship, but hit that.
Speaker 6: That's l a wee, my man, little heroine, fucking Bible favorite.
Speaker 2: It got grocery bag. But we got it there. You know what he said, I got in there. That's a problem. It looked like grocery bags smoking like this.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, man, my lungs never left nineties.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, bro, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get you some previoum no, no, I'm with the pre But you had the grenade too, right, remember, Okay, let's just's.
Speaker 6: Move on this smoke greenade for SBI. Yeah, sorry, you can get the next one a snoop of fifty fuck you.
Speaker 2: To you know with me. Take your shot.
Speaker 1: I'll take your shot. I'll catch up after this. Take a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, crazy shots are always late. Brober eats your shots like I like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's that you Jamie?
Speaker 2: Yeah you put some some wax or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's going to tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're trying to get.
Speaker 1: Like black ash. All right, I'm an old man. I usually smoke that to go to sleep. You know what I'm saying, Like I ain't gonna lie. I got blunted Sonny d B having me do hippie mood. I don't know why. It's like him worse at hippie mood. Shot.
Speaker 2: He works for them and he makes me want to go to sleep. It's all good. I like, I take your ship, I go to sleep. Listen if you want to go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is it? Yo?
Speaker 3: Find your dosage either it's a five ten milligram. You just find your dosage where you don't get up feeling groggy. Yeah, I'm telling you how the best slip of your life.
Speaker 1: See, I'm a hood nigga, so I don't know five milligrams and ten milligrams? What does that happen?
Speaker 2: It's actually.
Speaker 1: You can cut you can cut it in the gun, right, It's everything legal cannabis. You know exactly what you're getting at the exact dosage. And it's that way every time. Because you can't tell the niggas milligrams. They could be telling like milligram that means nine. But I'm looking at my boys. Sonny DMX, what was your relationship with d MX? Oh?
Speaker 2: You know what, that's crazy? So rest some pieces? Yeah, rest.
Speaker 3: Uh d m X we we met several times. I think we only had one real conversation. I would see him in past, and I seen him at Ive seen him at IVE seen him in.
Speaker 2: New York at the fuck I forget the name of that place.
Speaker 3: It's not the Loud Event. I seen him at the Loud Event, right, That was one of the last times I saw it. But I've seen him a few times before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the d o C. Yeah, I was. It was the d o C screening in New York. Yes, oh damn yeah.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: That's recent, right, And then we did a show.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of the time when I actually sat.
Speaker 2: Out with him.
Speaker 3: And it's dope because I was able to talk to Swiss Beats and have a real conversation with him for the first time because we just did his record together.
Speaker 2: From my album, yeah exactly, and I talked.
Speaker 3: I remember we did a show and he was on the show, came into my chair, he came into the trailer and we had and we had a real talk and and it was really dope to be able to just sit down and talk to someone who I've been compared to from the West Coast, you know what I'm saying, Like the.
Speaker 1: Thing. So if you did a record, cad Act, you spoke about this with No.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't talk about doing any music together. We just talked to each other, just being selfish, just sitting down, just talking. And and you know, he's he was a really like focused dude.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: He was just like really talking in a real positive manner.
Speaker 2: You know what He's deep he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a deep dude, man. And and he did a show like his show he started with a prayer and and uh, it just felt so genuine you know what I'm saying. It feel like it felt like it felt like he was like I don't know, dude, like dude was do was really dope, you know what I'm saying. And yeah, man, And so so when I when I think about like how I'm you know, did this ship with Swiss now? Man, Listen, dude, I never want to be I wanted to be like, Okay, cool, I'm not worth what I've done in music, you know what I'm saying. But for me DMX and what he represented to New York, to the world, and how deep he was with it, man, like the Exes is with him, you know what I'm saying, Like you know what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, I'm ex.
Speaker 2: To the Z right right right right right, yeah, but but the dog, the dog get the X. I respect that, all right.
Speaker 1: Moving on Buster Rhymes or Eminem. Wow, I don't write these questions Dominicans and man, there's a lot of cocaine over there.
Speaker 2: In my mind, I don't know. I've never actually.
Speaker 6: Said the selling to each other. Like my mind, I think I can. Yeah, you say that's the cocaine. Say that again, Say that again, Buster, Ryan Eminem.
Speaker 2: Bust the rhymes on.
Speaker 1: Eminem, by the way, which would probably be the illest versus ever.
Speaker 2: Well they got they got records together and like versus like like oh no, no, I'm not versus.
Speaker 1: We're just saying, if that happened, that would become have a McDonald's mc chicken front row.
Speaker 2: I love that you guys for that big match chicken that you pay.
Speaker 1: That's a creepy not better than true Burgers though, true burgerd.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were missed. Oh thank you, Buster Rhymes, Eminem.
Speaker 1: We gotta take a shot, man, you know, you know shot that's your drink, all right, all right, Jesus chunky, Hey man, these little more fucking cups are stacking up over here.
Speaker 2: That's why one Yeah, that's why we do little one on six nigga.
Speaker 1: Goddamn.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me take this one. God he loves this ship. Go ahead, you know I love it.
Speaker 1: Analog or digital analog. Let me just point out one thing. Let me just point out one thing. You know. I got a friend in head tonight. His name is Warrial Flush, Big up to Worrial Flush. We got classic records together, and when we met each other, his hood and my hood wasn't vibing. But in order for his all the records that we got together to be classic, you had to be in that studio together. He couldn't have sent me no record. I couldn't send him no record. That's the reason why analog always to me, that whole era of analog, when we had to be in the studio together with each other, like the tape, cut the tape, you know, doing all that.
Speaker 3: Like to me, stay in that process. How sharp you had to be to be on the mic at that time you couldn't. There was no take.
Speaker 2: There was you tape, There was no rewind.
Speaker 3: In order to cut something, you had to you had to in order to punch something you had to cut the tape recorded again, have that brought back spliced directly so it sounds right the motherfucker who's got mad at you making a mistake, Like you don't make a mistake right now, You're like whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But back then it was the sound.
Speaker 6: So we always go back to the Quick interview where Quick said that he just felt that that it was like the energy that was the magnetic energy from the vocals. It would take the studio, would take everything into the bike that was going on in the studio.
Speaker 1: I mean it was the energy though, like like if we had to do a record together, like he had to, he had to see me, has to feel me, he had to you know what I mean. And then and then you know that that that collaboration that would send on the record. I think that's the reason why I always pick a law Yeah. No, no, analog has a warmer sound, like like I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but you got an album drop into twenty twenty five. Yes, did dra send you that beat? Or you had to do it together?
Speaker 2: We did it together? Okay?
Speaker 1: That that that that's that's that sound was my fucking yeah. Look look Drake, you know disguise, you know whatever. He could send you a beat and say, but no, whose idea was it?
Speaker 2: For y'all? He's got to be in a room to make sure he gets to it. I feel like Drake does all most of his records. Yeah, yeah, you got to be in a room.
Speaker 3: And it's a privilege to be in that room, you know what I'm saying, Like, like, you can't come in there fucking around. So it's all it's all fun and games until the music come on. Then when the music come on, niggad, what are you bringing here? Why are you here? Like, let's make something dope, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's whas why you pick Analogue's because that face to face camaradi is nothing like.
Speaker 3: It's nothing like feeling that agree with the speakers. Yes, when you when you look, look, it's like alchemy. You're creating a thought, something out of thin air of the ether into making something that moves millions of people.
Speaker 2: You dropping guns over there, Jamie, put your guns away.
Speaker 1: It's not like a good moving millions of people.
Speaker 2: Like, there's nothing like it.
Speaker 1: You know. I knew he was answer all the questions. I knew he's gonna ask Biggie or big L the rest of the piece of both the lyricists in you. It's going one way. I know you feel both of lyricists when you let me finish, calm down. But then the other side of you you have relations. Look that got so I'm prepared whichever way you're going.
Speaker 2: These sounds like you leading the windows.
Speaker 1: I did not lead the witness. Did I leave the witness?
Speaker 2: I didn't tell them? It sounds like this, But then it goes like this. I like, I got.
Speaker 16: Okay, hold on, let me clear my palate with this sleeping rake are sponsored.
Speaker 1: You know outside?
Speaker 2: Let me clear my palate.
Speaker 1: The most interesting man? Ah fuck, I'm gonna say, Biggie. Mm hmm, let's say Biggie.
Speaker 3: Biggie, yes, right, yes, yes, I will now big L and he left before his time.
Speaker 2: Both did the both did.
Speaker 1: But I understand what he's saying. You're right.
Speaker 2: I think Biggie gotta I got it. Got a bit further, Yeah, of course right.
Speaker 3: I think what Biggie left on the impact of the game raised the bar so we can have you know, the mega stars that we have.
Speaker 1: Now you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He showed he opened the door and the light to the vision of what all these mega rappers kind of emulated and became and built a foundation for. That's so big L to us is a hero because of his lyricism and his ability. A lot of rappers can rap, but not a lot of rappers have ability like something that is like standalone, you know what I'm saying, Like something that is like unique to them, Like you know, big L had that. The way he flipped it and the way his metaphors and it was being together like that was something that can't be emulated.
Speaker 2: Or duplicated.
Speaker 3: Although people took bits of his style and made their own as well, big L was an originator. So, but what Biggie represented and what his style was, and how I remember saying to myself, he makes it seem so effortless, Biggie, Biggie, the way he put words together and his inflection and his his delivery and his metaphors were so smart. He had to use less words, which was fucking crazy, you know what I'm saying, Like, like his inflection, you know what he meant. Even when he was saying something that seemed light hearted, it was very dark comedic, and he was probably funny as fuck, you know what. I'm saying, like, like, he I never met him. I met him one time. I never met It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I met him one time. Guess what.
Speaker 3: I met him one time. I was friends with Ron High Tower. Ron High Tower was just fucking porn director, you know what I'm saying. Back in the day, right Tower, And so I was going to drop off some weed to him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 3: Went to the spot and Biggie was there. He was standing weird. He was look, he was standing, he was was nothing weird.
Speaker 8: He was.
Speaker 1: He was standing on at a different time.
Speaker 3: At different times, he was standing on a patio with a cane and he was by himself.
Speaker 2: And so I was and he was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's Biggie right there. I didn't go talk to him, you know, I didn't go talk to him or nothing. He was just like HEO, that's Biggie right there. I was like, oh, ship, Okay, here's your weed. I'm out, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And so you were certain bigger High Tower, High Tower. Yeah, But I mean that's the only time I saw him in person.
Speaker 1: You know, Wow, did you have a kuzie on? I just saw him with a cane. Remember the cane is close with the coosie close enough, all right, and then I gotta take a pe piece of after this.
Speaker 2: Man, I was ready to rock and roll.
Speaker 1: Let me go. First come, it's my turn, Jackson or Prince stories with either one.
Speaker 2: If you have Oh yes, I do have a I have a Prince story. I have a Prince story where we at Oh my god, pick first was actually the Prince both nigga, I can't canning? All right, see your story please, Okay. So I got a story of Prince. Okay.
Speaker 3: So there was there was a there was a like a a like a some kind of big party that was happening. Uh, Hollywood, Los Angeles. We we get in there, we're supposed to be there. We get there kind of early. We're got to do something that you know, probably around twelve twelve, one o'clock. And we're sitting in this section and so we got this booth and then we you know, my whole team is in the booth. I'm in the booth with Chiller, you know what I'm saying. And uh, we see this big group of guys coming to us and and they they're like, uh, you know you're in you're in so so section, like what you know what I'm saying, Like, what are you talking about? Like like, we're here, we're supposed to be here, they told us to be. Here's like no, this is like designed for somebody else. And so then this nigga comes through and like this all white mother fucking uh like this one piece thing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Niggas like nigga.
Speaker 1: It's like yeah, no, like it's this white one piece and the nigga roll through and then he he's not saying nothing to us, but I can clearly see the niggas standing.
Speaker 2: Right there, and I'm like, oh, you know what I'm saying, Like are we this.
Speaker 1: So so? Yeah, man, he's supposed to come in, he's supposed to do this little thing.
Speaker 3: And nobody saying his name. No, no, nobody saying his name. Okay, they're not saying prince, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And so I'm like, oh shit, okay, all right dude, So uh hey man, let's let's.
Speaker 2: Move out to niggas way.
Speaker 1: You're not are you, Like I'm not gonna be I'm not gonna be in the story that you know what I'm saying behind the music as he got into a fist fight with Prince. You know when I do with that, like okay, yeah, out the way.
Speaker 3: You know that was the only time I saw Prince but never met Michael Jackson A lot of my friends, you know what I'm saying. Fred Rek had some really funny stories about you know, him and and and producing him with Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: So you know you got to talk to fred Rek. He got some funny ass stories. Okay, Lady of Rage or the brad Lady of Rage, rough and tough with apple puff app So fucking look, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think we need to explain that. I think that was a one and them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Mt raps a rap city. Oh oh.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on your MTV raps are rap city. Wow, there's a lot of historic ship.
Speaker 2: That we show kind of dead and them both two different things.
Speaker 1: Don't put that on.
Speaker 10: We want.
Speaker 2: Like like timelines, and he was like.
Speaker 1: Like two different workholes. He just put the job. I'll with y'all.
Speaker 2: I do mean a little bit job what m t V m t V rap rap rap rap City.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of historic ship that went down on your TV raps when Tupac was threatening the Huge Brothers. Just a lot of historic ship that went down on Rap City. I was post iconic. I mean I was on Rap c DJ gig on there.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna have to say both man, motherfuckers, I have shot a Look, I'm gonna keep this going, bro, because.
Speaker 1: That's why I tried not to, like go to the bathroom between the shots. See the shots hits you when you jump up, like what I mean, like you order the bathroom. I'll be trying to hold it down. I can't because once I get up. But once I get.
Speaker 2: Like, he hasn't got up. Yeah, he's sober stiff when he gets.
Speaker 1: Up, you know, because I'm drinking shots. This motherfucker drinking energy.
Speaker 2: Keep going, you guys have to catch up on your shots. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Boys in the Hood of Mentic Society, Boys in the Hood or Minister Society?
Speaker 2: What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 1: One? So you didn't go to the bathroom. I gotta wait come out the bathroom. Oh yeah you can't, yeh.
Speaker 2: Minused to society.
Speaker 1: Boys in the hood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, DJ Muggs are alchemists.
Speaker 3: Oh well, DJ Muggs because without DJ Muggs, we don't think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because alchemist is part of So yeah, ghetto boys are U g K ghetto boys. You rapidfire right now, White Clifford Will, I am Well, I am Drey or Quincy Jones, doctor Drey New York and Miami. What take a shot New York on Miami. So I'm not getting in the middle of that shit.
Speaker 1: We get into the whole time every day.
Speaker 2: Nigga, you know, nigga, I gotta go to New York. Yes, you're in Miami.
Speaker 1: God damn.
Speaker 2: The South got something to say. The South got something to say. I love all my digs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it?
Speaker 2: What was fucked up?
Speaker 1: Y'all didn't even have Andre two thousand back when he said that talking about there was in New York.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about your nigas in the South.
Speaker 1: I ain't see y'all on Twitter. Back then, there was no Twitter exactly.
Speaker 2: It was my Space exactly. I see y'all nowhere.
Speaker 1: Everybody was like they didn't understand that moment at the time. I get, yeah, yeah, your speech was not making sense.
Speaker 6: Eighties hip hop or nineties hip hop, nineties Jesus Christmas nineties hip hop for sure.
Speaker 2: Podcasts of radio radio, a lot of people are really know what the fuck they're talking about. That's true.
Speaker 1: Podcast it's a lot of opinion.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. People just getting drawn on Yeah no, no, not just us you know this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but a lot of influential podcasts pump a lot of bullshit. And it's like, is that helping and hurting just because it's you know, but I mean, look like people listen to what they want and people you know, are attracted to what the messaging they want to be attracted to.
Speaker 6: I mean there's pros and cons of both, because radio programs and by the very definition, yeah, programs.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: So you got to pick your poinson right right e forty or too short? O?
Speaker 1: Both?
Speaker 2: Oh? Ship? All right? Well me and you what the fuck I can't do that?
Speaker 1: Come on here, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna let know you have the last one.
Speaker 6: But before he gets back, Oh go ahead, buddy, But well, I take a leaky wiki.
Speaker 2: I wait for you.
Speaker 1: No, just go bro, just just three and a half.
Speaker 2: It's the very last one. I wait for you. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I have a question.
Speaker 2: I got all the questions. Come on, but what are we drinking?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You missed a shot? There we go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was now. But I'm gonna be honest. The question was due. I like, uh, it was e forty or too short. I can't pick between those.
Speaker 2: I can't pick between them. But listen, we gotta we can't be here.
Speaker 1: You fuck you and I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing on the trip for the West Coast, no fuck you, man. I was under strict instructions.
Speaker 1: No nigga, no, no open itga, just one all right, I just wait for And that's why he tried to well, we're gonna stop with this ship then okay, because nigga, this is just throw up. Listen, nigga, you like, I know what the funk I'm talking about this?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 1: What did I started by saying, I study people's drink orders.
Speaker 2: You the one who ordered Hendricks gin. I was gonna be either or nigga. I was gonna make the decision when I got here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, drink. That's not how he takes it.
Speaker 2: Listen, that's how we did.
Speaker 1: I say that.
Speaker 2: I said, ask him what you want to be either old?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See listen, we've been skeeping pause. We've been scheming on you for a week and a half. We've been like, yo, listen, he can't order both? Which one did he actually going to drink? I came with this much. May I may be scaring off something, you know. Come on, you know, come here on a flight like nigga. I may not like you know what Keeter was a bit much last night. Let me fuck with the gin, you know, a little mixed drink. But Nigga, you can't just have one drink, Nigga, one drink, Nigga.
Speaker 2: You make perfect sense. No one's arguing with you. But I'm just saying this is some.
Speaker 1: Good as ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's just that you got you gotta you gotta limit your night.
Speaker 2: You gotta you gotta limit your night.
Speaker 1: Man for a week and a half, we said, which one is he drinking? Because remember he said gin and thee quila? Right, And we've been scheming this whole week and a half. We've been hitting mister Lee, and we told you to get specific answers. You never gave us answers. So you gotta drink to your choice, simply your choice. Just Jamie, can you do us a favor?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: This is my request. If it's okay with you, absolutely come on this chill a chilled shot man. You don't want to chill shot, you want to go straight raw damn, But okay, chilling, let's chill it.
Speaker 3: You never have a little splash, a little splash of soda, splash of cranberry.
Speaker 2: Okay, definitely not doing that. That's for him. I'm gonna I'm gonna keep it.
Speaker 1: As world as possible.
Speaker 2: Take the cranberry splashes.
Speaker 1: Man, it's just a fucking drink, all right, Fine, man, all right, I think that Wait what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you got?
Speaker 1: You got? Just be like this, no juice, You embarrassing us? Like it looks nice, but it's not nice.
Speaker 4: I just start scratching, cleanup, cleaned up.
Speaker 1: Well it's not nice. Okay, but what you want not listen, listen, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Just just chill it.
Speaker 1: Just just chill it, all right.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: Look we got.
Speaker 1: Who's that army? Sold more play studio suck Shooters, good shooters. I'm sorry, I don't know what the shooter is. A shooter?
Speaker 2: Get shooters shot?
Speaker 1: Yes, like an I'm gonna take a shot. You can give them a shooters shooting my whole life. I'm okay. I don't want to be a shooter no more.
Speaker 2: I'm bowing like that. I thinking, I take a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all Lord respected. No, I know I was waiting for you, my brother. I guess I want to take a shot with you. This is the only do not lead the witness, lead the witness. Loyalty or respect? Loyalty why Wow, it's a that's fast. Loyalty is royalty, That's it it is. It's like, I see, this is the only time that me and E f N feel like it's both.
Speaker 2: We'll take a shot. Yeah, so I'm gonna take a shot.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take a shot because I feel like loyalty respect goes hand in hand.
Speaker 3: Some people disagree with me and I respect people. Some people respect you when it's convenient. Some people respect you when they get something out of it. Loyalty is different.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we didn't actually we didn't ask the Dominican Republicans. We'll come back to the dedication in a little while.
Speaker 3: So, so, loyalty to me is something different. That's something you can't fake, you know what I'm saying. Like, loyalty is something that comes from your your spirit. It's like you do it when they in front of you, when they're not in front of you, and you know, being being loyal to somebody you know is different, you know what I'm saying. So I pick loyalty out of respect because people lose respect. What would you like both at the same time, you respect, you don't want. I don't give a fuck what you think about me, as long as I know I'm being an upstanding individual. You know, it depends on when you meet me, you know what I'm saying. Like some people will tell you I'm the greatest thing in the planet. Some people will tell you I'm the worst thing that ever happened to them. Depends on when you meet me, you know what I'm saying, because of what our relationship is. Whenever somebody loses a fight, they're not gonna tell you that they lost their right. Yeah, then everything is somebody else's fault. But for me, you know what I'm saying, Like, loyalty means that whether you know, win or lose, Like, that's who I'm rying with and that's what's important.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: God comes to you.
Speaker 1: And God says, man, I want you to make the world straight.
Speaker 2: And straight.
Speaker 1: I don't mean that and like a sexual man, I just mean.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, only no would clarify that.
Speaker 7: That that is the most dignified passe that I've ever heard. I didn't want to react to it, but that is the most It's only you that say that.
Speaker 2: I don't mean that sexual.
Speaker 1: I want the most that was clear. That was the most dignified way.
Speaker 2: I don't mean a sexual.
Speaker 1: But God comes to you, I said, act the disease. I want you to make the world walks narrow. I'm gonna say straight and narrow. Damn, man, I can't funk with y'all. Man, old, let me let me break the cross question. But God comes to you and say, man, you're gonna You're gonna humanity will be saved by this record that you make right now.
Speaker 2: Specifically, I don't want to shoot her.
Speaker 1: He likes shooters a little bit more like under. I wanted to under a shot.
Speaker 2: I wanted under over.
Speaker 1: Okay, But God says, extra disease. I'm gonna give you a producer and a feature, Dad, alllive, This one song is gonna be it. What is that producer and what is that feature? That alllive and producer that are alive too? Mm hmmm mm hm.
Speaker 2: Doctor Dre and Janice Choplin, are you gonna suck me? Up like that, Doctor dre Jannis Choplin. It ends there. You said producing artists.
Speaker 1: You can do another feature in it if you want to.
Speaker 2: That was that's it. That's the feature.
Speaker 1: You got.
Speaker 2: You got access to anybody else too. I'm just told you don't short change yourself like the case. No, have you heard Janis Chopplin?
Speaker 1: I don't know who then?
Speaker 8: That is.
Speaker 1: That's why I try to change the subject.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, do you do you?
Speaker 1: She? Uh?
Speaker 2: She is uh she She had a very short career, but it was but it was massive.
Speaker 3: The songs that she sang, she sang from like the bottom of her soul, and the way that translates through the speakers is something totally different. So do yourself a favorite listening to some channels, job with smoke, a joint, kick your feet up and you're gonna feel that ship.
Speaker 2: A baby, nigga.
Speaker 1: This is like fucking this is this, This is yelling, screaming, yo, this is this is this is energy coming out of there.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's none of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh man, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Notes Janifer and Dr Drey.
Speaker 1: I would like to hear that Stevie Wonder Lightning, Richie Lightning light Lighthouse.
Speaker 2: He's like an almost almost.
Speaker 1: Did you did you see snoop snoop things? Stevie want Stevie wanted to be FaceTime and you know he's And then Drake said, he said he told him to tex.
Speaker 2: Stevie wonder On, like is.
Speaker 3: Light me Richie Stevie Wonder or line on Richie the same Nigga's not the same nigga.
Speaker 8: Light like.
Speaker 1: That Stevie.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, he's the best guy.
Speaker 2: We got to make a lighting person.
Speaker 1: Uh let me see, muh man Stevie wonder Man, he's first man Stevie Wonder. I saw that coming, right, Stevie wonder Right. I would think Mike Loud Richie of Icon.
Speaker 2: You know, I always think who the other person would say the present.
Speaker 1: And I think, says Stevie, you gotta reason. It's okay, No, I just I mean just the preference. Just I Rember growing up to listening to Stevie wonder record.
Speaker 2: If we could get Stevie on this is my dream Stevie on Dream champ Bro.
Speaker 1: That would be that's my he would say some crazy ass story. Wait wait, wait, wait still Chid.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, this is where she goes crazy because up.
Speaker 1: There we go, come on, nigga shooting this, nigga, this, this is my we shooting. Don't shoot that. Don't shoot no, no, no, no, okay shot Now we're not shooting.
Speaker 2: We're just sipping. All right, Go shoot it.
Speaker 1: Let'shoot.
Speaker 2: Let's shoot shoot it, shoot it, shoot it. Oh my, that was good.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be bad.
Speaker 2: But it's good. It's gonna be bad. But it's gonna be bad.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be bad. It's gonna be I'm gonna throw my promo shot right there.
Speaker 2: But like he wanted to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: This is this is what we're doing now. Oh my god, you break that. Let's go.
Speaker 1: This whole chess area is on fire. Oh it's in the pokonots okay man, you know the sweet skiing Yeah, Golden State Warriors. Yes, rest in peace of fear?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, right. Did you guys ever intend to really make an album?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Shout out to ra I love that's my brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we had a deal on the table, and I stayed with my brother rass. He didn't want to sign a contract because sign he didn't. We stood behind him, but he didn't want Priority to come in and take a percentage of what.
Speaker 6: This new venture was because he had a whole beef with that's correct deal that he's dealing with, and they.
Speaker 3: Were trying to like if he got if we did a deal with us, Priority was asking for a percentage of what rass Cast was supposed to perceive, and he didn't agree with that because he felt like they were already doing him dirty on his side of the records. Why should they benefit off of what they had nothing to do with being a part of Could he have not done a pseudo name like no artists did that ras Cast? It was exhibit rass Cast interfere however you want to right, you can't do that, you know what I'm saying. And that's what that's what we did, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But yes, we did had some records and there was a thing in place for us to do an album together.
Speaker 2: But just the records I heard were amazing.
Speaker 3: And no, it was fun. It was fun to do it, man, And and you know, I'm glad I was able to go see Sofia before he passed, you.
Speaker 2: Know, And I didn't realize he was from the Bay. I didn't know that. I never knew that. I just thought I thought he was an l A dude. Actually, no, Oakland, you know, west Side, and then he came up with Digital Underground those.
Speaker 3: Guys absolutely, and then you know, he made a name for himself the first album he ever released. Yes, no, that's not my biological brother, but we came up together very close. Right. So his first album is called box Car Sessions. Do yourself a favor. Go listen to battle Trill. That was one of the first songs I heard from Sofia that really honed me into his voice.
Speaker 2: Is Cadence Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was.
Speaker 3: He was ahead of his time. Yeah, he was ahead of his time, you know. Yeah, shout out to Sonny, his brother. I was there with him. He rass cast came up. You know what I'm saying. We all got to be together.
Speaker 2: So he was in society, right he was.
Speaker 6: He was. Yeah, he was an actor and yeah, so people that don't know his rap career they know him from that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he was an l MC man. Yeah he was. He's phenomenal and part society him.
Speaker 1: He's cousin Harold, Yeah, and the house party scene, like, yeah, he got.
Speaker 2: Shot at the stoplight. Yeah, yeah, but man, great loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah man.
Speaker 3: But you know, you know death, death is is something that that we all know we have to deal with eventually, eventually, all of us. But you know, when it, when it happened to people that's really close to you and and and really right next to you, you you realize a few things about yourself, like your mortality and and you know what I'm saying, where you are in the state of things. You know, I think my brother is in a better place. I think my brother is it's not feeling the pain that he was feeling. And I'm glad I got to see him before he won.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad we got the Usually at this time you say a moment of silence.
Speaker 2: But you know, now we take a drink. We take a drink, you know, mad drink, drink and a shot. How about drink and a shot.
Speaker 6: But I would tell the fans out there, go and check out all the records you guys did, whether it was labeled Golden State Warriors or not.
Speaker 2: Just check out music. Don't worry to say that's a that's a way to get the.
Speaker 3: Game Trigonometry from Sofia. Go listen to the album I suggest you listen to Stay High and uh, I'm an invest I suggest you listen to box Car sessions. Uh uh, Battle Trio being one of them. You know, he has a tremendous amount of music. I think Trigonometry is one of my favorite albums from Sofia. But then listen to you know, he created the Hoo Riders. You know what I'm saying, his little brother, Sonny, he created the.
Speaker 2: Correct I did not know that. Absolutely, that's his little brother.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sonny, I did not shot calls big that's crazy on to the next level of the game.
Speaker 1: At all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, wow.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you, are you still having fun? I am.
Speaker 2: I wasn't for a long time, but I'm having fun.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, I try not to bring my personal shit to the office, you know, I try not to bring Yeah, no, it's not impossible, but it takes a real effort to not bring the personal shit to the office. I'm never the one to bleed into the public or trying to complain or do all. You know what I'm saying, Like, listen, like I have my outlets right and so being able to you know, create at this level at this time with the people that I'm still around and the people that still fuck with me, And you know, life is funny, man, It'll show you a way. And then you know, when people lose faith in that way, you get disappointed into people rather than understanding the lesson.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: And so once I started like moving away from what people thought, man, I started creating music for me. I started accepting things that were only healthy for me and not really tripping off losing the people or situations or relationships that had to time me to anything else. And so now I'm having fun. I'm like really being able to hone in on something that I'd love to do, being able to do it at the level I'm doing it at, still be able to, you know, have time for my family where I didn't have it before. You know what I'm saying, Like I'm picking and choosing the things I want to do rather than doing it just to live, You know what I'm saying. That's a whole other thing, you know, And it happens sooner for other people, it happens at different times for other people. But me in this place now, the people that I'm with now, the circle of friends I have now, the people that I have around me in business.
Speaker 2: It feels really good, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Even when things are in chaos, I still feel in control, which is something I have never felt in before.
Speaker 1: You know what i'm saying before. But I mean, that's just life. That's for everybody, you know what I'm saying. But so, yeah, I am having fun. I'm having fun.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling confident, I'm feeling powerful, I'm feeling like you know, I can't wait to deliver this to y'all so I can fucking get my shit off. You know what I'm saying, Like, I can't wait to like just deliver this shit like live. You know what I'm saying, Like with the band, come and see me like, yeah, okay, you've been in one of my shows before.
Speaker 2: You've seen this before, You've seen that.
Speaker 1: Come check me out.
Speaker 3: Time from bringing out because I'm about to funk you up. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Because I feel really really strongly about what we created. You know what I'm saying. The song you know what's your go through songs, my go to song when you're performing?
Speaker 2: Oh ship now any any.
Speaker 1: No, because I've been performing with a band now. So the band is a song with a DJ go to the song with a band? Band know which which?
Speaker 2: Which?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: Different songs? It's the same one. Enjoy the Night? You mean go to for him to form?
Speaker 1: You know, like you know that's that.
Speaker 2: I do a song called Enjoy the Night and it's it's the album.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could do it either way, but I like dealing with the band because there's like different layers that we can add to it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, enjoy the Night is crazy, you know what I'm saying. With the live band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course that the DJ favorite one with the DJA. The state of hip hop versus exhibit So I I this is me being a fan boy the video. This is what you get now when you're walking through, it seems like it never was no take what you see what you get?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it seems like it never was no cut. Such a monumental video, bro, it's such a monumental video.
Speaker 1: It changed the world.
Speaker 2: I want to say hip hop. I don't said hip hop earlier, but I was so much changed.
Speaker 1: It changed the world in general. It changed cinematography because hmm, if there was a cut, I can't see it to this day. Okay, let me tell you how we did it. Yeah, there was thirteen cuts in what you see is what you get. I'm not telling to continue. Yeah, man, let them because it's smoking on my childhood.
Speaker 3: There was thirteen cuts. Thirteen I know because we made them together. A guy named Gregory Dark was the director for that video, and I couldn't get anybody else at the time video directors to follow what I wanted to do.
Speaker 2: This is the idea, yes, right, scripted out correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Gregory Gregory Dark was a porn director, that's all. He comes back a lot of porn going on and exhibited. Okay, different director, the same one, right, the same one, different different poor director Ron Tower was different. Gregory Dark is a different porn director.
Speaker 3: So Gregory Dark was doing you know, kind of skin flicks and whatnot and so flicks. So he was trying to do he was trying to break into you know, like regular stuff. So he took on the video and so he actually came up with the sequence to do the thirteen shots.
Speaker 2: He said, we're going to do it with wipes. So what we did was we.
Speaker 3: We figured out we walked the we walked the path first, we walked the path and found out cut points from all of I don't even know if I should be telling niggas how to do this. But we walked the path and we showed later right right right, right right. We kind of walked each found the perfect cut point right, so we knew when we want to go inside and outside. So that's how we got from inside the house outside on the street, down the street inside. So the cut was the cuts were like outside the house, there's one cut. When the guy jumps out of the truck, that's one cut. Then when we get to the other truck, when the car passes in front of me, that's the that's the third cut. When we get walking to the when we walk into the place, that's the fourth cut. When I get on the stage, that's the fifth cut. Wow, you know what I'm saying. When when when I when I when I come off the stage and walk past the girl, that's the sixth cut. When Flavored Flas walks up, You know what I'm saying, that's the seventh cut.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When alcoholists pull off and I turn around and I pick up the dollar off the floor, that's the eighth cut.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And then when when I walk when I walk past the.
Speaker 3: Car there if you look in the back. Okay, I'm going tell you something else. Go back and watch that video when you look when when when I pick up the dollar and the the guys start coming off the roof and I start walking off of of of the UK, walking past the police car. A guy actually gets hit by the police car flies him in the air. You don't see it because you're looking at me walking. But if you look at that car, a motherfucker actually put it there. He gets up and starts walking. That's why we get to use it. Right, listen, listen, this is great.
Speaker 2: No, listen, listen. That wasn't real life though, right, that's that's real life. Fuck it, fuck go listen, go look back at the video. So we should have pulled it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: The other will call a car blowing up and so like walking out of the store, that's thirteen it's thirteen shots. But there's so many things.
Speaker 1: When I jump out the window, when the guy jumps out the.
Speaker 2: Window with a box and a box tips over.
Speaker 3: The box is empty, but you don't even see that, you know what I'm saying, Like, look at that boom he jumps out and the box is empty. There's so many like things in the video that you just do pass that people just see this great video, but I'm seeing like the things that did.
Speaker 1: It was like the Mario Brothers correct, like like you know how Mario Brothers like you go back and look at Mario Brothers, be like, I missed this, mushroom, I missed this. But I'm being honest because I looked. I really like, I was like, yo, you change how hip hop does videos. Like it wasn't a commercial record, it was a straight talking to your record, but then hip hop had to deal with reality at that moment. How you did it?
Speaker 2: You changed hip hop? Well you know that.
Speaker 3: I know you humble, yeah, but you know you got to look, you know, you got to look at some of the other groundbreaking videos in hip hop, like you know, like if you look at the Far Side Drop video when they did everything backwards.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, is that where your idea came?
Speaker 2: No, No, not at all that was done before.
Speaker 1: Who I did was this is it? Which was just that was my idea because yeah, yeah, I wanted a one shot video all the way through, right, and so legend I kept trying to explain it to people, and nobody got it.
Speaker 2: But Greg can we dark? Nobody?
Speaker 3: Everybody was telling me, Oh, it's too expensive, you can't do it, it's not going to happen. He did it, and we did it with a very small budget.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, yeah, so it was dope. You changed the fucking game.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Man that makes a noise from on the Actually, zer man, did you ever think of hip hop would make it this far? Like right now with our biggest debate is Kendrick on the super Bowl? Like that's hard?
Speaker 2: I mean, got what side are you on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The actual argument is hard?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: No, I mean absolutely nobody knows where hip hop is going, right, that's real.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows.
Speaker 3: You know, it may make a resurgence in some in a way that global, it's don't even know where it's going global, correct, globally like people have their hometown heroes around the world.
Speaker 2: Right, So you know, I don't know where hip hop is going.
Speaker 1: But I know, being a fifty year old genre, we definitely made an impact and we definitely have a lot more of growth to take place. But do I know where it's going? I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what happens last week, you know what I'm saying. But I do know that the impact that we've been able to have in hip hop is important and that I'm glad I was able to do it with the brothers that I was able to do it with and the sisters that I was able to do it with. And I can't wait to be able to see where this goes, you know, even after I'm done with hip hop or hip hop is done with me, whatever comes first, you know what I'm saying, Like, I want to see what happens after this, Like what's what's the next chapter?
Speaker 1: What does it go?
Speaker 2: Does the Grammys, you know, become something hip that that Hammys?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do we separate genres in hip hop? Do we have adult contemporary? Do we have do we have new artists? Do we have It's hip hop expanding to the place where where we can actually have different things that, you know, like show where other people are at because even though it's a fifty year old genre, we're seeing the things.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like rock and roll has been around forever, you know, punk rock has been around forever. Right, everything is all designed and organized. Are we gonna do that? For us or are we gonna not let them do that for us?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying? Hip hop has for itself. Correct, we can't let them do it for us?
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 2: Well who's who's us? That's the deciding factor. Okay, people that we want to tell?
Speaker 1: Wow, yind what do you want to be down with you? Man?
Speaker 2: It's nothing. I can't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't do that.
Speaker 2: Remember your.
Speaker 1: Little bit?
Speaker 3: Nothing tell you truth, not a little bit. He don't do it a little bit man, I mean nigga. Hey man, look I let my sh your go.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't give I definitely don't give a Yeah.
Speaker 1: We know you'renger, but why what? Why? Why? Because I want to be one my time. I want like a mother ask the motherfucker? Man?
Speaker 2: Yo, is anything you want to say to your fans? Please just get about it?
Speaker 1: Man, I love y'all.
Speaker 2: Man, hold us do one shot?
Speaker 1: That's what we'll do.
Speaker 2: One shot?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: Are we doing at shot? Shot? Out of here? All right?
Speaker 2: To to two little gents, two little gims? What do you mean one little jim little too little jit? Hey man, Jimmy got us locked.
Speaker 1: Down man, man.
Speaker 2: Like ju machine?
Speaker 1: Yo yo, yo yo how dope was seeing Jimmy I bean man, Yo, man.
Speaker 3: Yo, it's always dope to see the You know what I'm saying, the man show up, can ask.
Speaker 2: You a question?
Speaker 6: How did you get to that front row? Because I mean, I'm saying this out of ignorance. We just show up and you were in the front row.
Speaker 2: Happened?
Speaker 6: Jimmy's in the front row, big boys, We're like, oh, ship, how did that happen? We just walked in and open Come on, man, I'm just saying this someone yo, come through hang out.
Speaker 2: No, No, it was it was coordinated. That's that's what.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 1: You literally said I love that. I was like, it was coordinated. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We all came together, you know what I'm saying, Like we all knew it was coming to that, Like we met up, you know, got together, rolled over together. I wanted to see the show. You know what I'm saying, y'all y'all came out and actually killed that ship.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Someone I'm telling you, like, listen, listen, listen, listen. I was laughing because of how I knew. You know what I'm saying, Like Dre don't like to don't Drey does not like to be interviewed. So he gave y'all, yeah, but you know, you know.
Speaker 1: How to be a nigga.
Speaker 2: So I was like, that's what I want.
Speaker 3: I don't like his laughter helps us, yo, but but but but but y'all, y'all did a great interview with him. And to see them two together environment and listen ten oh man. Yeah, that was such a powerful moment.
Speaker 1: I called it gin bottle. Look.
Speaker 2: I talked to Big Boy.
Speaker 3: I was sitting right next to the Big Boy and uh, and I was I was like, Yo, this is a unicorn moment.
Speaker 1: It made me nervous.
Speaker 2: It was big Boy, Big Boys, a real interviewer. Yeah, this is a unicorn. And he was there and I was like, oh, ship, he's in the building. You know what I'm saying, Like I look up to that shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, cool still chin, I didn't want to take it.
Speaker 2: Just shot you fucking right.
Speaker 1: We are like. I love how he always says no. Then he thinks he's like, I got like a little citrus way to it.
Speaker 2: Great story exhibit. Yeah I know, but.
Speaker 1: You don't know. Yeah He's like, yeah, huh, you might have not seen a different liquor on this episode. But now we got gin Jen on every episode, Press and we got it, and we Gonna take a picture.
Speaker 6: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN.
Speaker 2: Listen to drink Champs on.
Speaker 6: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noria go on, I g at Noriaga on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, And most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm