Speaker 1: Quick, Alexis, before the second date starts, tell everyone hello in Australian.
Speaker 2: Oh, good day may Oh that must be.
Speaker 1: The reason why we're charting in Australia comedy podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally hot.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for being here, and don't forget if you do love this much of the show, We've got forty five more minutes of it over on our main feed.
Speaker 2: Just search Brooke and Jeffrey. Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Now they understand what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Let's get to what you can for.
Speaker 3: It's your second date, second date, up date, Alexis, if you could describe not the perfect guy for you, but the feeling that you get when you're around that guy.
Speaker 4: Close your eyes and tell us the three words that he makes you feel.
Speaker 2: A little bit roasted, Like I want him to be mean to me.
Speaker 5: A little bit, you know, like.
Speaker 1: That's like a hard thing that comes to your mind.
Speaker 2: Answer belittled as one full of food. I hope I get to go the little tipsy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't know if I've ever met anyone as scared of emotions as you are.
Speaker 6: Terrified.
Speaker 2: You should imagine this.
Speaker 6: Is what everybody's perfect guy, A little bit different it's.
Speaker 2: Like Michael B.
Speaker 6: Jordan making fun of it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you see two guys because you just have double vision.
Speaker 4: I bring it up because one of our listeners says she figured out how she wants to feel when she meets her perfect guy, and maybe it even happened to her this last date. I mean he's not calling her back, but that doesn't matter. She that a certain way that.
Speaker 2: Could feel good, though, like just a little bit not ignored.
Speaker 1: It's one day.
Speaker 6: Well, let's talk to Alice and hear about it. Alice, how you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm good in you guys.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about Alexis, but I think the rest of us are fine.
Speaker 6: Would you like because we will.
Speaker 4: I bring it up because in your email, you said you felt the way that you wanted to feel when you met up with this guy.
Speaker 6: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Well, the dealness is that I've just been meeting the wrong guys. My discernment hasn't been the best because I usually go for guys that wind up being wrong for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're taking a different approach, looking for a different Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I heard this podcast by this lady and she said, instead of looking for your firecrackers. You should be looking for your fireplace.
Speaker 2: I heard this. You're supposed to go for the slow bird type of.
Speaker 6: Okay, what does that mean?
Speaker 5: Okay, so like firecrackers like for me, like I get butterflies, and not to my stomach, like I get like an adrenaline rush.
Speaker 2: It's so fun.
Speaker 5: It's scary, but it's like a ride I want to go on, but then the ride crashes.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, dangerous.
Speaker 7: Fries.
Speaker 5: You know. Now, a fireplace is actually more it's welcoming, it's warm. You look forward to that comfort. You're not scared, right, you're not scared, not all the bells and whistle.
Speaker 4: So basically you're not supposed to be looking for the exciting person anymore.
Speaker 6: You're supposed to look for the safe person.
Speaker 5: I need to be swiping right on the fireplaces.
Speaker 2: Right, So is this guy that you went out with the fireplace?
Speaker 5: He fits the profile where he's doesn't necessarily knock my socks off, but but he does tick off the boxes that I like, And that's what I found in.
Speaker 4: Doesn't knock your socks off, and maybe he would mend your socks if they'll.
Speaker 1: Warm them, because he's a fire so what's his name?
Speaker 5: His name is Paul.
Speaker 6: He's got a fireplace name.
Speaker 4: What did you and Paul decide to do? What did you in this fireplace go?
Speaker 5: Okay, So what we decided to do was to go out to dinner at my thirty.
Speaker 2: At five thirty.
Speaker 1: Was that his idea or were you just really push at this old person?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: No, actually he said he had to be home to be in bed by nine thirty so that he could go to work.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay, even when I was dating, I wouldn't go to bed at nine thirty. Yeah, you know, one night to stay up.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 6: That's attracted to those firecrackers, that's why.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you were excited about this because this is still like fulfilling what your thought is of him?
Speaker 6: Yeah? How did dinner go?
Speaker 5: Dinner went really well. I mean he told me he likes to cook, he likes to bake. And when he said that to me, it's like that gave me some really nice, like low key fireplace vibes, which I really liked.
Speaker 1: Yes, So did you tell him this, because you've brought it up so many times?
Speaker 6: Did you use the term firecracker and fireplace with him?
Speaker 5: That's what I mean, honestly, I didn't want to bring up those terms because I just wanted him to be himself and say that he had to be somebody else.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: It's probably not going to go to well if you keep referring to him as the safe fireplace.
Speaker 1: I mean, every guy wants to think of themselves as a bad boy in some ways, right Yeah.
Speaker 6: So okay, he seems to be checking the boxes that you want, right.
Speaker 5: You know, he said he was looking for long term. You know, he's into health and nature, and that to me was perfect. I mean, I wasn't getting butterflies in my stomach, you know.
Speaker 1: I feel like that should still be happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, you don't want to have that. Okay, that's a firecracker.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm guessing, like you guys didn't end the night with a kiss or anything.
Speaker 5: Well, near the ending of the night, he tells me a joke, and he said to me, did I want him to teach me a car trick?
Speaker 2: So I said okay, and then it's kind of cute.
Speaker 5: He says, Oh, well I don't know any gotcha.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Well, hopefully you didn't laugh too hard because then you're gonna get too excited and that would be a time.
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: The only funny moment is that it's.
Speaker 2: Just so specific.
Speaker 6: What was there like any like hugger?
Speaker 5: I'll say we did a nice little hug. I mean I thought it was I thought it was a good date. It wasn't over the top, that's what you want though.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like a bad experience or one big negative thing.
Speaker 6: Okay, So what's happened since the date?
Speaker 5: Oh? This is the thing. Now, I haven't heard back or gotten a callback from this boring fireplace guy.
Speaker 2: So are you just more mad that he's not calling you back? Or do you really want to see him again?
Speaker 5: I really would like to see him again. But I'm like, how could you not call me back?
Speaker 1: Right? Like?
Speaker 5: What could you possibly have going on outside of what you told me?
Speaker 6: Okay, I have a cat.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should dial down some of this language when we actually get him on the fund.
Speaker 6: But we're gonna call him.
Speaker 4: We'll try and stoke that fire back up and not too brightly when we do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on second date update.
Speaker 4: I got the strangest text message from the Academy of Radio broadcasters saying, we just hit a new radio record for saying the word fireplace.
Speaker 6: Over fifteen thousand times.
Speaker 2: We know what we're looking for, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm only going to say it once more because our listener Alice used that term as a simple analogy for what she's looking for in her romantic partner. She learned she needs to stop chasing fire crackers and start looking for her fireplace.
Speaker 1: What if you do, don't chase waterfalls either. We'll just put it in there.
Speaker 6: We don't need any more analogies thrown in.
Speaker 4: Basically, it's stopped looking for the exciting guy who gives you butterflies, start looking for the safe option.
Speaker 6: Yeah, settle kind of not really.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just like, yeah, just don't look for the stuff that's going to fizzle out really quick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're looking for that feeling that's going to make you feel like you're at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And now that she went down that road, the fireplace is leaving her on red.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've said fireplace again.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to say it anymore.
Speaker 2: We can't break our own record.
Speaker 6: It's like our wood soggy, It just.
Speaker 3: Won't you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Now that's how you feel him before we call him.
Speaker 5: Here, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm just hoping to figure out why haven't heard back from Paul.
Speaker 2: I like that you still have hope, but not too much.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's like.
Speaker 1: You're like shifting everything to try to find the thing that you're supposed to have, and even that is a struggle right now. But I don't think it will be at the end.
Speaker 7: Of this I hope. So yeah, we all do.
Speaker 4: It's interesting we're going to be calling a boring guy for a radio segment here.
Speaker 6: Not the best reading.
Speaker 4: Strategy on our part, but you know what, let's dial him up.
Speaker 6: Anyways, stay tuned.
Speaker 2: We've got a crackling fireplaces.
Speaker 6: Hopefully we can squeeze a little bit of it. But here we go. Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Paul.
Speaker 7: This is Paul.
Speaker 2: Not that we wanted you to come hot out of the gate or anything.
Speaker 5: Friend.
Speaker 4: First of all, thank you so much for answering this number that I'm sure you didn't recognize it.
Speaker 6: Well, strangers, we know we're a radio station called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Okay, okay, nice.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's keep this going because what we're doing here is called a second date update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you actually went out to dinner with a few nights ago and she had a really nice time with you.
Speaker 6: Her name is Alice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good old Alice.
Speaker 8: Huh yeah, Well, we'd like to open it up to you for a second and tell us what you thought about the date.
Speaker 6: Which thought about it? Alice?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: What what is this for?
Speaker 6: Well, it's a second ate update.
Speaker 4: Basically, Alice has reached out to us because she told us a little bit about your night together.
Speaker 6: She had a great time. Well, how was it for you?
Speaker 7: I'm just not really sure how the date went. I guess I don't uh, I don't know. I don't get I don't get a lot of matches. So I was pretty nervous. That's been a long time doing my hair, and.
Speaker 4: It makes feel better. She said that she was nervous to meet up with you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I told her a joke at one point and it kind of failed but kind of worked at the same time. I'm not really did you tell her?
Speaker 6: Are you talking about the magic trick joke? Yeah? Okaya. She told us that, Yeah, you're funny. Okay, that's a compliment. You feel good about that?
Speaker 2: Why would you not be calling her back?
Speaker 1: And why wouldn't you be excited right now? Like we're telling you it was a good date.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just didn't know how to feel about it. And then we did talk about going out again, but she was talking about acts throwing. Yeah, and I don't know about that, going out into the woods and throwing axes. That seemed dangerous.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I understand you.
Speaker 6: You haven't dated in a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like you might You might not know this, but they actually have places set up where you're supposed to go indoors and throw axes at the wall at like targets.
Speaker 2: You don't even have to date to know that.
Speaker 7: I never heard of that. I thought it was sounded kind of like a liability.
Speaker 1: Uh, you're going to be fine, man, You're going to be fine.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a relief to her.
Speaker 1: So you just weren't calling her back because you think she liked you you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess that's kind of the gift.
Speaker 4: You know, it was probably really really relieved to hear you say all those things. Is Alice, who is on the other line right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Hi, Paul, how are you.
Speaker 7: Hi? I'm good.
Speaker 6: You could hear the smile.
Speaker 5: That it's good to hear your voice.
Speaker 7: Paul.
Speaker 5: I was wondering why I hadn't heard back from you.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry. I guess I was just kind of unsure. I don't really know if you wanted to go out again or it went well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I think the axe throwing idea really scared him off there, Alice like that. You're not married to that as the.
Speaker 5: Next day, you know, like could there was always other activities that we could.
Speaker 7: Do, would be would be good. I tend to be a.
Speaker 4: Leader, but you must feel good, like you understand, like Alice. Alice likes you, right, Alice, you can even tell him yourself. Now we don't have to your voice.
Speaker 5: Well, I really had a great time with you when we had dinner. I think the conversation was pretty good. I don't know if maybe you might have been a little anxious, but I mean if you were, I couldn't tell.
Speaker 2: Your confidence has to be through the roof right now, right.
Speaker 5: Paul, Yeah, good?
Speaker 6: Okay to him up for that and he knocked it down all right. I mean I think that you guys should give it one more show.
Speaker 4: You choose like a safe act activity for you two to do no sharp objects anywhere around.
Speaker 8: The ballroom, bowling, bowling, Yeah, yeah, yeah, we could do that.
Speaker 7: You could come see my collection collection.
Speaker 6: What collection? The collection?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 7: Oh? I collect antiqu gynecological chairs.
Speaker 5: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Did you say, gynocological like with the stirrup feet.
Speaker 1: I heard dynacological like a dinosaurs like an ob g.
Speaker 2: Y n chair.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but like they're from the eighteen hundreds, you collect those? Yeah, they're really kind of fascinating. Actually, you know why?
Speaker 2: Why are they fascinating? Paul?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's that period is kind of, you know, really interesting, not a.
Speaker 2: Great period in women.
Speaker 6: It was the experimental things. They're trying to figure out what's going on now they did.
Speaker 1: That's a little How do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: That's a that's a little bit odd.
Speaker 4: Well, I think maybe the question we need to ask is do you feel like you have butterflies right now?
Speaker 6: Alice Hope, No, Well, that's a good sign for you.
Speaker 4: That's the opposite of what you're looking for. So we would love to send you two out on another date.
Speaker 8: Paul.
Speaker 6: We'll pay for this date, if you're willing to meet up with Alice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that sounds great.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes from Paul Alice, you're still up for it. You don't have to go to his house, you don't have to see the collection.
Speaker 1: I'll say, maybe you can see pictures of his collection first and then judge from there.
Speaker 2: If there's a third day.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that's what I would need to have a visual of the collection of the dynacological chair.
Speaker 2: Let's not say that I.
Speaker 4: Take some photos of your collection and text them over and then we'll send you guys out again on a date.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: I'll send a link to my website a website, alright, Tall, I'm kind of excited.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning,