Speaker 1: What is up, Friendles, and welcome in too, Fantasy pros MLB. This is leading often. I am the Welsh and we've got a Joe, but we don't got the Joe that you think you know. We got Joe Rico. No Joe Pieza Pia. He is an out jet flying out here to Phoenix as we speak. Joe Rico pinch hitting for a ton this week, and we literally could not have a better Joe. Some might even say a Joe upgrade, mister Joe Rico, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be too different for the crowd, you know. It's an Italian guy named Joe. I'm not quite bald like piece of pa yet, but I'm on my way there. That's why I always got this cap on my head. So pretty soon we're gonna start resembling each other more and more. But it's great to get to fill in with you, my friend. It's always good. And we get to do pods together. I mentioned it last year, but I think you and I I've done more pods with you than anybody else I think in the space. So we got a bit of a shorthand it should be fun the two of us getting to reconnect this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two best friends back in it. And as you get a little bit older, I'm feeling the age right now. We a week from today, I'm gonna be my Jackie Robinson. My birthday is a week from today, and I'm feeling the age coming in. But like as you get older, it'll be very interesting if you're you know, around here, we'll get to see the transformation as you become a version of Joe Piezapa. Maybe, but your hair is too lockey. It looks too good, and we've got too much good baseball to cover today. We are gonna be hitting a bunch of it. We've got injuries, we've got some big performances, We've got bets in tow and we are going to tackle. We are going to tackle a player that even if you question at all, if there's something wrong, that everybody will hold against you for a long time. Joe, we are gonna do an r you worry to know. It is not gonna be Garrett Crochet, but we've got a version of that here in a little bit. We got all the stuff in the thing. So thank you guys for hanging out with us, and make sure you are locked in on the twitch side. If you guys ever want to check us out live, because we are live right now on twitch Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros MLB with a bunch of our best friends. We're over seven hundred followers and we are inching very close to our one hundred sub goal for this For this month, we've already done. So you can watch Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros MLB. But of course we're always on demand on YouTube YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB. You can watch it on demand it anytime and get caught up if you can't watch us live. All right, let's jump into the big headlines here. How about Fernando Tatis junior Homer twice drove in three runs as the Padres they beat the Cubs ten to four. We got bad Cubs news yesterday. Let's start with Fernando Tatis for a minute. We had kind of briefly talked about we don't need to go nuts on this, but we had briefly talked about how that injury scared with the shoulder. Wondered if that would carry over for some people. He's right back in it, He's going ballistic. Everything feel good. Or do you feel at all there's a selish high type of situation because you know that shoulder is looming.
Speaker 2: Worries me a little bit, especially with his track rack. But if you're selling him, it better be for like the number one type of player, or you're getting a package of like a first and the second round player. Tatis could do this season if he stays healthy what Acuona did a couple of years back. Maybe not quite to the same extent, but that massive blow up MVP type of season where he hits forty and steals forty and hits three twenty. That's very much within the range of outcomes for Tattoos this year. So if you are worried, if you do want to get off of him, make sure you're getting back like another first round like if you're getting Bobby Wit or something. Okay, but it has to be literally like pretty much that high for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like to me, what that is is like nah, like we're good, Like I'm not gonna do it. That's kind of where I stand with it. When when it's like you know, oh, you got to get the top end, I'm not sure anybody's trading for that. But he is you know, absolutely going ballistic on the Homer and the stolen based marker. I think he's been great. I'm holding into it because I think it's just a tier down. It's the only thing you're gonna get. You're not gonna get a I mean, Carol would be impossible. But you know, you could float around in to the underperforming market if you want. But Fernando Tatis continues to absolutely roll as well. We saw a very clean shaven Dylan Cees. He looked very weird. Maybe everybody was doing this, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but he Everyone was like, he looks like somebody. He looks like somebody. He looked like Dylan Ceese is any if you've watched what is it? If you've watched Severance? He literally looked like the any version of Dylan ces to me, have you seen that show Severance?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it. It's on the list. But the one that I saw people saying was that he looked like pee Alonzo. I saw a lot of people saying in the different comment sections like Alonzo, I didn't really see it. That's the common one I saw. I was just kind of wondering, like, why did he have this huge beard like Dylan Cees. He's a fine looking guy. Why is he trying to cover up all that with this huge, massive beard. I don't know, but he looks good.
Speaker 1: He's like, he's kind of like a weird Like I don't call him weird, he's just a different dude. He's like, I mean to get yoga and I'm gonna get in there. And he goes the mustache, he goes full beard, shaved it off, but he looked like whatever that guy Adam Scott or whatever. But he literally looked like the dude from Severance. And it's been tripping me out. But I believe Michael King didn't interview during and said he might bring the mustache backs. We might get mustache version of Dylan Cees back. But he did go five and two thirds. He allowed three runs, but he had some punch outs in there. He gave up seven hits and he gave up a home to Michael Bush we talked about in the last episode. So Michael Busch still definitely in the pickup range. Fourteen swing and missus seven strikeouts for Dylan ce Swan Soto. Of course, we got to mention a Wan Sodo even though PZP is not here. Hit a second homer on Monday as the Mets beat the Twins five to one, but Clay Holmes. Clay Holmes got the win loud two hits, walked to struck out eight. He has been like weirdly he's dealt with efficiency issues because he was kind of not efficient early on in the last start, and then he just went punchy, punchy, and he was heavy on the punch outs in this one. Early takeaways on Clay Holmes is he moving in to poor man's Michael King from last year at all? To you do you trust him?
Speaker 2: I don't know what the hell to make of him. Like those first couple of starts for the two against the Marlins, in particular, he didn't look very good, Like there was a couple of good innings that he had. In the second Marlin start, I tweeted out like I'm done with Clay Holmes, and then right away he struck out like seven straight batters. But he'll do this on and off thing where he looks like an ace for a couple of innings and then he'll look terrible for a couple of innings. And I think that the true number is probably somewhere in between. You know, the era for Clay Holmes right now is looking pretty good. A lot of the times I like to look at whip to kind of give me idea of what to expect going forward. It's at one forty seven right now. Is it going to be that bad consistently? Probably not, But he's a one thirty one career whip, So I don't really know what to make of Clay Holmes. A strikeout seem legit, but so do the walks. I think he's gonna be kind of an up and down, inconsistent kind of maybe not a mess this year, but there'll be starts where he goes six innings and strikes out twelve, and there'll be starts where he can't get out of the third inning and he's walked four batters, and it's gonna just kind of be that back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of agree with you on that. I'm I think the consistencies could kind of hone in and I don't think there's gonna be any like streamer stuff in it. There's a little part of me that's like, would you take like, okay, like right here, this is perfect example, perfect timing from The Great Wonky Penguin saying I traded Clay Homes for Louise Robert over the weekend. Last night didn't feel great. But that trade specifically probably feels a little weird because Robert's, you know, been underperforming, He's only stealing bases, and Clay Holmes went out. But do you take a guy like do you take these inconsistent guys like a Clay Holmes and you try to trade on the high wind he's coming. I mean, what is it, eighteen strikeouts our last two starts. So if you have the opportunity to do that, I think I might because I agree with you. I think there's gonna be some inconsistencies where it's going to be. Here's a five, you know, five earned run gamer. He goes four on this one because this is a reliever transitioning over. But then he's gonna have these big, big strikeout games. That whole you know, that sweep with a sweeper slider combo or supercutter combo that he's got has definitely been doing some good business. So Clay Holmes for Louise Robert, and you don't like that.
Speaker 2: I kind of like the lou Bob side. I mean, I'm still kind of defaulting. We mentioned this on Cleaning Up last week. I'm still generally defaulting to the draft day values. I don't think that enough has changed for a lot of these guys that you can make drastic differences within Like fourteen fifteen games, Luis Robert was a top hundred pick, Clay Holmes was going generally like eighty ninety picks later. I think if you can get off of homes and get lou Bob back, I think you're doing pretty well. Like, yeah, he hasn't been impressive. If you look at the batting average at one sixty three, but you've got a homer six Dolen bases the barrel rates at eleven percent. I think lou Bob is gonna be okay, especially if he does get dealt so I would take that trade. Personally. I think Walkee did well.
Speaker 1: There, and I'm a Robert guy too, like in the defense of it, like Bee said, need Robert trade rumors to get going. There was a rumor the other day. I don't know if you saw that. It was over the weekend the Dodgers and the White Sox had paused trade talks for Robert and it's like okay, like you know, put him on the Dodgers and its next level style. I mean those two teams they share a complex. I don't know people know this. They share a spring training complex that is just to each other. So it's very kind of incestuous of like you know, the organizations that they can like walk between and talk and they'll have these trades in between that. I mean, the Dodgers have the prospects to do it, so we'll see if that ends up actually happening. But they put some pause talks in next month or so. That's got a heat up. So that's one of those little advantages of going and trading for Luis Robert Junior. Camanaro went two for five with a solo homer two RBIs as the Rays destroid the Red Sox absolutely murder Bauld the Red Sox, which we're going to talk about here in just a tiny bit. What an embarrassing game, almost, Like here's the only cap, the only thing that worked well for me. As stupid as I was yesterday in thinking that the Blue Jays could win a game with Easton Lucas him getting blown out was only overshadowed by how bad the Red Sox were. To me, it was a little bit because you know, we'll talk about Tanner Hawk, but like you know, had I bet on Tanner Hawk would have only been a a little bit more stupid. But Junior Cameronaro continues to roll, speaking of the young guys. Christian Campbell two for three with a solo homer on Monday for the Rays. I saw this yesterday. This is actually moved a little bit. I want to get your take on it. Christian Campbell had been kind of holding Rookie of the Year odds. He's been the best rookie. Funny enough, NL is like a disaster. It's wide open. It's still rookie Sazaki. He hasn't been good, Dylan Cec hasn't been good, Matt Shaw has not been good. That's your top three in the NL. So it is open. If you want to go into the NL side and bet a Bubba Chandler or something, or bet anyone low. There's great odds. The AL has been a firmly grabbed by Christian Campbell before yesterday's homer, though there was a new AL Rookie of the Year odds on winter. As of today, they're just about even. We're looking over on FanDuel, which, by the way, you guys want to make a bet, you can do that with our Fantasy Pros. We got a code there. I think it's Fantasypros dot Com slash lee eat off bet five bucks, win two hundred on your first bet using fandle go and check it out today and you can check out this offer that Christian Campbell is the odds on favorite as of today at plus one nineties to just about two to one. But Jacob Wilson has roared into this dude two thirty and he was the leader yesterday and he had it for a couple of Gays days. So I get your take on this, Jacob Wilson, Do you think he's like a viable Rookie of the Year candidate over Christian Campbell? You think Campbell's gonna rock this? Like would you bet? Would you want to bet Jacob Wilson in this?
Speaker 2: I think I'd want a little bit better than plus two thirty if I was gonna be betting Jacob Wilson. I think that Campbell, considering he plays in the sexier market, he's gonna put up the bigger stats like he could go twenty twenty or something like that, where Wilson he might hit three thirty, he might win, potentially could win a batting title. But I feel like Campbell is the guy the voters would appeal more to, considering the market, considering what the numbers are probably gonna look like. I love both of them for fantasy. I drafted a ton of Wilson, but I think Rookie of the Year. If I was gonna betting him for Rookie the Year, I'd want at least five or six to one plus two thirty. I just don't think it's long enough for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not really touching any of it. I mentioned before I got Campbell preseason seven and a half to one, and I felt pretty good about it. I think Campbell's gonna kind of roll with this, but there's a lot of good odds. Funny Nick Kurtz, who we talk about on the show every day. Nick Kurtz is already seven. He's seven and a half to one right now because and he hasn't even come up. But Campbell's kind of running away with this. But Jacob Wilson, the betting market, that's the other thing just to throw out is Obviously it's speculation, but you know, pay a touch to the betting markets in fantasy that the belief on Jacob Wilson, on his ability to make contact, his ability to not strike out. It's great and the betting market absolutely sees it, and they are buying Jacob Wilson and he has moved up. Here is a time to pick up question for you. I believe the answer is yes. But let's see you. Cameron Meisner. He homered twice on Monday, that blowout, absolute blowout. Now in the year, hitting four hundred, he's got three homers of stolen base going into today. Looking at our consensus odds between ESPN and Yahoo, four percent owned on Cameron Meisner. Betting are the hitting profile looks really solid. They're also putting him in some premium spots to hit. I think he was sitting like four or five. I mean, he's just moving up really high in the lineup. He's hitting the ball well. They've got some open space in the outfield and both him and Mangham have really held that back. But what do you think, Cameron Meisner? I say, yes, he is not the must must pickup, but you should if you can find a way in twelve and fifteen, You should do it, What say you on Meisner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm game. The thing with those shallow formats is like I still see Lars Nubar and Junghu Lee on a bunch of waiver wires like a three outfielder, twelve team league. It's probably a little bit difficult to squeeze him in there. But I think if you have a space on your roster the needs replacing, maybe you've still held on to Josh Lowe hoping for the best there, move on pick up Meisner because if you look at the minor league numbers, they're really solid. He's a guy that kind of flew under the radar, but he's put up some twenty twenty seasons. In twenty twenty three and then twenty twenty four, he went for seventeen and thirty decent batting average. Nothing crazy, like he's not gonna hit in four hundred anything close to it. He's probably gonna be like a two twenty two thirty hitter, but he might hit seventeen eighteen home runs, and you know, the outside chance here is that he goes twenty twenty, especially in that ballpark. So I think if you have space, you can you can definitely take a shot on him. I just think it's kind of hard in those shallow leagues. You're in a ten team, three outfielder league, it's kind of hard to get him in the lineup. But I do what you can in twelve teamers.
Speaker 1: So here's a couple of questions. Friedel, as you mean Friedel or Meisner.
Speaker 2: I'd probably still go with Freedel.
Speaker 1: It's close.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I might go Meisner on there, Meisner or Jordan Walker.
Speaker 2: I would take Jordan Walker, so I would.
Speaker 1: Also take Walker. But I will say this in ten team leagues, I think Freedom and Walker are both cuttable. Excuse me that I would be. And then like this one with Holiday, I would also go with Holiday. But inten team leagues, when guys are struggling, I think picking up like a hot bat like Meisner would make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's it's it's it makes sense in the train and burn in those in those formats. Just you gotta be careful, right, Like the line with Walker and Friedel is probably fine, But if it's anybody, because Walker has been pretty good. A couple homers, a couple of steels decent batting average, like he hasn't been bad, so I think I'd need to be a little bit careful about who I'm cutting for him. But I think that line is probably fine if you're just churning in the hottest guy off the wire every week. I don't have a big problem with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like gam And said Meisner, yeahs I go with situation. Yeah, okay, so you're you're kind of with it. Funny that game, though, by the way, absolutely blowout. And has pointed out the universe punishing Mayor in his Red Sox because of the rant on me yesterday, which is so this is funny. So and Mayor was saying, I don't think I appreciated it. The welshvid. My take on this has been the same thing for me, for anybody I've talked to you that's asked about it. The concept was funny, the execution was not because of the player, like Mayor did deserve to be punished on that. To pick on me about Garrett Crochet was the most ll not l but LOL thing. I was just stunned by it. So the execution of the player, you should have picked on me about Easton Lucas for today, do a video you should have picked on me about Robert Suarez. I'll take some l's, but that one was stupid in nature because it was like the player. I wouldn't shut the hell up about the whole season. So let's pick on Joe Rico. That's where we're That's what the whole thing is leading to. Let's say if we can pick on Joe Rico with an are we worried? So Joe? How it works here on the show, So you might in a week be getting a video yelling at you from Mike mayor if you express any worries. So just be careful about this. In the preseason, I don't know what your U which your rank ended up being, as far as like what the draft ended, I know you've kind of moved it around. You're very open about Jacob de Grom and how much you love Jacob d Gram, at one point calling him the number one sp in the market. So are we worried about Jacob de Gram at all? He's got a four to three ERA in fourteen innings. I don't remember the last time I saw this. He has less strikeouts than innings pitched. And we're not talking about one game. His walk rate is almost ten percent right now, and more importantly than anything else, his velo is down. His fastball and his slider both down about a mile per hour. But they said they want to baby some stuff. There's definitely the possibility that, you know, he is tapering stuff down for health at the end of the year, and he's throwing a little bit more of a change up. So my question to you is, are you worried about Jacob de Gramm in any way where he is a cell or maybe he's a bye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm worried. I I messed up a little bit, probably ranking him as high as I did. But at the same time, we're talking about three starts. We're talking about early April, and we see it every year. There's guys who are terrible to begin the season. Bailey Ober last year, brutal in April, especially that first start, and he turned it around. Blake Snell in twenty twenty three, awful to start the season. People were dropping him in the first half. He won the cy Young So is it over? No, I'm not thrilled with what we've seen so far, for sure, and I'm you know, if I'm gonna redo my starting pitcher rankings today, he's probably going to be outside of the top fifteen or so. But at the same time, I'm not going to write him off after such a small sample size. I think that the velocity thing is by design. He's talked about how he doesn't want to be maxing out every single pitch and get himself back on the shelf or back under the knife. So he's kind of taken something off on the fastball and he's kind of learning how to pitch again at that new speed. It seems having been a guy who's ninety eight ninety nine now at ninety six, he doesn't seem to be that deceptive at the moment. I am willing to buy low because I don't think people are going to be, you know, asking for top dollar at this point. If you're able to get him for a guy who is, you know, one hundred and fifty kind of range pre draft, I think that I would be fine doing that. But I am nervous. I am definitely nervous here, but I think it will be okay.
Speaker 1: Well, we got to pull. If you guys want to vote on it, it's on the twitch right now. Everybody can go and we'll take a look. Are you worried about Jacob de Gram? And I think that what that worried just ends up being is like, are you willing to buy him kind of low at a little bit of a discount, or do you want to get out now? Because I think it's fair to say that no one is completely freaked out at this point. It's still Jacob de Gram, but there is stuff where what is the line between changes he's making to try to stay healthy and things just getting worse? And I'm not one hundred percent sure what that line is right now. So let's see what you guys have to say about that. Not worried, but he was grossly overdrafted, doesn't appear to be himself. Those are some comments in there. Oh my god, de Gram was dropped in a fourteen team league. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Pick them up, pick him up?
Speaker 1: That is absolutely crazy. Let's go to some peanuts and cracker jacks. Let's see what else people are saying besides l videos and Canadian love for Joe Rico. I am kay, what is going on with Anthony Santander and Julio Rodriguez? Any concerns on either one of I mean Julio's kind of turning into like a slow, starty type of guy. Anything on Santandero you're worried about.
Speaker 2: No, not really. He hit a home run the other day. It's still so early for me to be like, I get so many questions in the DMS and through Patroon and everywhere else, people being so worried at this time of year. But it's like fifty at bats, it's fifteen games, you know, if this happened, it's the old saying that is thrown around. But if this kind of stretch happened for any player in June, July, August, we don't care it just because it's right at the front of our minds at the beginning of the season. I think I'm buying low on either. These guys are gonna talk about Julio a little bit later on in the show, but I'm not worried at all. Like, if anybody's dropping these nobody's dropping Julio. But if anybody's dropping Santander, I've seen crazy things pick them up. Like, it's way too early to be concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think any of the worries should be out there unless they are viable players. To pick up in that respect. But I do think there are people that you look at some of these guys and you're like, holy crap, is there something really big wrong and I need to get out from under this guy now in the trade market, and I think that's that's a legitimate question to ask in the trade market, we all kind of roll our eyes. Unfortunately, when anybody is like, hey, you know, should I drop Luise Robert or even this one? I mean, this one's moving a little bit way from I rolly, but Burger drop able, I'd say no, he is. His draft capital wasn't to the level that like, we're going to pick on you about Luis Robert. I think he's going to bounce back, and I've said, one of the lowest babbitts in all of baseball. But he does look a little messy right now. But most of us are going to I roll about dropping really good players. But from the trade perspective, it is a it is a really good question for any of them. All right, Let's get to a few more here, Jay Salty, any pitchers that are worth streaming today? Fetti versus Houston, Burke versus Oakland, Knack versus Colorado or Corbyn versus the Angels. I hate Corbyn today I'm gonna be betting against him. Nac is interesting. I don't trust Burr. I don't like really any of these guys. I don't like Fetti, even though you know Houston Euston starting to click a little bit. I guess if I had to pick one, it would be Nack here. But that's even a little bit dicey. What say you, mister jo Rico.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Landon Nack would be the guy Jake Irvin gets the Pirates. I think that that's not a bad one if you are looking for a name, those are kind of the main ones. Though, It's like looking at the guy who went today Schwellenbach, Osmond Flaherty. If Jeffrey Springs is out there anywhere, then he'd be a good option. I think he's like in the fifty to sixty percent range on Yahoo. It's it's it's actually a lot low on many fewer rosters than you would expect, like it started to end up a little bit more. But if he is out there, let me just double check the Yahoo number right now it is fifty five percent, so I mean, decent chance he's out there. If you're in a ten team league. He gets the White Sox tonight, but not the greatest pitching thing for streamers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not. I do like that. I was actually looking at Springs in the betting market. His strikeouts aren't ridiculous, but the White Sox they're like, you know, they're low, like as far as like what they're doing, they're ops is relatively low versus lefties, but they don't strike out like a ton. I mean relative to other teams. It is closing in on like the twenty it's like twenty five or twenty eight percent or something like that. So I didn't love. I didn't think there's a big edge for him as far as like the betting market goes. But he would be a good streamer if he's out there. Sean Strider's coming back. Me to drop one of these Hicks, Dolander was Neski. It's Hicks, right, I just did like a breakdown on my on my twitch. I've got the twitch dot tv slash in this league. The other day on these live streams I do where we were looking at Hicks and we're like, wow, there is some really fascinating stuff, and then he got blown up. He got absolutely blown up. This is like his vela was way down last year, he brought it back up. I think he's super inconsistent, and I've kind of talked about that looking at this, you guys know, I love Dolander. I think was ness, There's no way I could drop him after that last start. I would probably drop Hicks for Strider here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, let's get get Hicks out of the rotation and get bird Song in there already. What are we waiting for? I mean want. I wonder how long that move is gonna take, but it'll happen eventually, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Carson Wizen hunts another guy in triple A, one of the nastiest changeups in baseball that you might see in a rotation sometime soon too. Who should I keep him my INNA spot? Roman Anthony or Nick Kurtz? That is Nick Kurtz. I am all Nick Kurtz right now.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Here's another cheap plug on my patren. I do a weekly sheet where I do the top twenty five prospects for redraft and Nick Kurts is number one on there right now. So Nick Kurtz is my number one for redraft. He hopefully it's going to be up soon. We got to watch and see if Rook is going to be in the outfield, but Anthony is really struggling in triple A two. Would you rather the top prospect in baseball or the guy that's going to be up sooner?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm more defer to you on these things because I'm not as locked in with the minors. But I think it's Kurts right now. But over the course of the rest of the season, Like, if you're looking for a short guy, it's probably Kurts. But are we sure that he's gonna have a better stat line at the end of the year than Anthony on I think it's relatively close. But for the interim, I think it dated as Kurts.
Speaker 1: We had the poll. Let's see what the poll results were, because I did not see what were the poll results here? Cally, can you let me know. I don't even see the poll up here. We just hit some goal so we have like things just flying around the screen, so I can't see it. But we had the results, and we'll get it here maybe from CALLI in a second, because I cannot click on it here. Three up and three down. We'll get some more listener things here in just a second. Austin Riley two for four, two homers, five RBI on Monday as the Braves Bats woke up against Easton Lucas and Austin Riley was just going ballistic. Shane Boz was incredible, recorded a career high eleven strikeouts, allowed one run over six innings over the Red Sox domination and Dustin May six innings, seven strikeouts, Sean Shane Boss. Shane Boz is looking next level right now? What is your valuation on Shane Boz as far as like, what what do you think the sp range?
Speaker 2: He is probably top twenty five, let's sound about right, top thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's like thirty maybe the thirty to thirty five ring. Just think about all the pitchers, though, do you really think he's like that valuable over some of those guys that I'm trying to think of some decent HOODI rathers. But I think Shane Boz is kind of answering a lot of those questions. Like any of the guys that are popping in mind, I think you'd have to start really like, you know, pressing some of the sps to put in. But I think twenty five to thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean when you look at what he did before he was injured, we didn't know. We never had a big sample size. There was always like three starts, six starts. But the numbers were brilliant at the strikeout to walk numbers. And he's kind of gotten back there. Thirty eight percent strikeout rate, five percent walk rate so far. The one forty two era looks unsustainable, but the expected era's one eighty five. The FIP is two nineteen Sierra two oh one. It looks pretty legit. You know. Last year he had good results, but it was without the strikeouts. When he came back. If the strikeouts are there and everything's working for Shane Boz. Don't want to get hyperbolic, but he could be one of the best pitchers in baseball if everything clicks for him in an over a long period of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting too. All of the Bozz's starts have been in that little ballpark, you know, So get him in some more hitter friendly environments. Man, I wanna like Boz is better than Schwellenbach. Yeah now, but yeah, maybe maybe even the next episode, because I don't have it right now. I don't waste time, but there's something I'd be curious to start doing that battle of like you know where has Shane Boz moved to. I actually got to do later today. I've got to do my rest of season ranks. We do every single week here updating on Fantasy pros, and Boss has got to take like a big jump up, like a significant jump up. Okay, let me ask you this, Shane bos or Rokie Sazaki rest of season Shane Bozz, Yeah, without question, right it is.
Speaker 2: It wasn't for me preseason it would have been Sazaki, but Sazaki is getting better. But I think Boz has been brilliant, especially like you mentioned in that in that Hitter's Park as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's probably a good one. On the down ten or how absolutely obliterated Actually deleted the note, but I think it was twelve earned runs. I mean, just like I said, murder ball, them things were just smashed. Friender Valdez was charged with seven runs, six were earned, ten hits in four innings. We're seeing a little bit more that lately, and Easton Lucas smashed up eight runs over five innings. Lol. To me betting Toronto through the first five very stupid on the poll forty Ah, this doesn't make sense. No, what is this? I don't think it can be like, oh, you did a kind of That's why I'm sorry, I got confused. CALLI did a yes, no and a kind of. It was tied forty one percent Yes, forty one percent no, eighteen percent kind of. So I guess that is more people are worried than not. So I look at that and it tells me if you are a Jacob de Grom believer, it's a decent time to buy because you have more people than not worried about Jacob de Grom's early start. But the injuries are voting out there. If you could buy Jacob de Gram at ninety cents on the dollar, would you be trying to do that right now? Think about what that is like ninety cents knowing the injury history is out there, but you're getting a discount.
Speaker 2: Depends on what exactly that means, But something like that, I would aim a little bit lower at first. I think you can. You can spin the narrative in a trade of he's gotten old. You know, the stuff doesn't look there. The velocity you could you could put a lot of points against him that would probably knock the price down to maybe, you know, seventy five cents on the dollar, but yeah, somewhere in that range.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you can put those hard earned dollars to making yourself better because you train hard, you show up. But lately, some Joe something feels off. Fatigue, fatigue lingers, recovery takes longer, and your performance isn't where it used to be. Those might be signs of low testosterone, a condition affecting thirty percent of adult men in America. And Kaisa Treks is an FDA approved testosterone replacement therapy designed for men just like Joe Rico. It's not an injection, it's not a gel. It's a twice daily pill that fits seamlessly into your active lifestyle. Joe very active lifestyle, helping him restore his testosterone to optimal levels. Very young man with probably no testosterone issues, so don't let low t hold you back. Visit kisatrex dot com to learn more and find a provider near you who can help you get started. That's ky zat r ex dot com. By prescription only. Kisatrecs is a controlled substance and can be a target of abuse. Kaisatrex is not for use in pregnant women, of course, or men with prostate or breast cancer. Safety and efficacy in those younger than eighteen is not known. Tell your doctor about all medical conditions and medication. Serious side effects could include increased blood pressure, worsening prostrate symptoms, increase risk of prostate cancer, blood clots in the legs or lungs, decrease sperm counts, liver problems in larger pain breasts, and breathing problems while you sleep. Common side effects include swelling of ankles, feet, body, increase, red blood cell count, and increase in prostate specific antigens PSA that is known as levels. PSA test is used to detect prostate cancer. Report these symptoms to your doctor. Call your doctor to learn more about Kaisa Treks For questions or more information, physit kisatrecks dot com or called one eight three, three, nine nine five zero four zero. It's funnier when Joe does it, because Joe likes to make little pokey pokes. But I just wanted to be able to get through that. So there you go. Kaisa trex is in the house, all right? Where are we at? We are at some injuries. Let's talk about a few of the ins actually quite a few things here. Jose Siri has been diagnosed with they fractured left tibia, and he's gonna be placed on the IL. No bueno, but more room for some of those them young dudes. Brenton Doyle experience renewed quad soreness on Monday while running sprints. This feels like we're heading towards like a little IL stent.
Speaker 2: Right, doesn't look great? Yeah, the Rockies, the hits keep on coming. Man, nothing nothing can go right for the Rockies. As we're gonna We're gonna see in a second. But yeah, well doill, Yeah, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well this one, I'm not sure I've seen this as the designation for a I understand it, but just the ending word here for like an IL stent. Chris Bryant, of course, was placed on the IL his second home. He summers on IL retroactive to April thirteenth. But the ILE designation it wasn't even like, you know, like a hamstring. It was Lombard degenerative disc disease. They put him on for a disease, and you just like, okay, So Brenton Doyle's banged up, and Chris Bryant. I gotta be honest with you of the stuff. As of recent years, Mike Trout was floating around the like, Oh, this is going to kind of bum me out. But he's you know, he's bouncing back and he's renewing his career. Is there anything just more depressing than Chris Bryant from where he was to just he goes to Colorado and just fades into obscurity and just apparently Lombard degenerative disc disease.
Speaker 2: When I first saw this, my reaction was he should be on like federal dis not on a major league injured list at this point, Like what the hell? Man? Like this is? This is brutal. It's like the anti kind of rendoing in a sense for me, because it seems like Chris Bryant really wants to be out there and wants to play, and he just is never able to. His body had just betrayed him into his thirties. It's such a shame. He was looking like he was on a Hall of Fame trajectory for the first couple of years of his career. But he needs to just hang him up, like it's it's I don't know how that would affect his contract, but this is this is just sad at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, we take a lot of money, he's got a lot of I think he's going to stick around, but he's like dhing and stuff, so I don't know what that's going to do. More fantasy relevant is the Brenton Doyle stuff. By the way, my boy Lee for asking, not a boomer, but how do you sub with Amazon? It is something you can do. Shout out to our guy, good guy Dolan who earlier subscribed with his Prime account. That is one way that you guys can do it. You can get rid of those stinky ads on here and you'll have access to the home run board, which we're going to be doing here in just a minute, all by getting a sub. You can just get a sub. People can give subs in here and we'll definitely shout those people out. Or you can use your Prime account and lock in one. As we close in on those one hundred and we got amazing people in the chat. Mike Mayer taking time away from making videos and helping some people on how to set up their Twitch. We appreciate that. A couple other injury stuff. Marcell Azuna did not travel to Toronto and underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed some hip inflammation, So old DH guy, little bit of inflammation. Nothing too crazy yet that they're doing.
Speaker 2: Shaw.
Speaker 1: Manaya has been clear to resume a throwing program, so that's good because last time he went out and he had a little bit of setback. So Shaw and I would you be preemptively picking up Manaya if people had dropped him and he's just sitting out there. Let's say it takes a bench spot, not an il spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think in like twelve team leagues and deeper, I'm fine with that. If it's like a ten team league, I'm not killing an active roster spot. They're too valuable there. But I think in twelves you can justify it. Anything deeper than that he should be stashed. That's kind of the line for me, a twelve team standard league thing.
Speaker 1: Your video, by the way, is killing me. I don't know if anyone else can see this. The only reason I'm mentioning it. It's like doing like pup up up up up up. Yeah, but it's funny. Is it's reminding me of glitchy Joe. Can we get Glitchy Joe Piezapia in the chat? We've got emoji's, We've got puppet Joe and Glitchy Joe. But it's literally it's almost like comically animated to little Glitchy Joe. Yeah, here we go. It's the gla. It doesn't really show up in the emoji, but yeah, we got lots of glitchy Joe's in there. How appropriate we have another Joe with a glitch but it's just killing me? How like? It literally looks like it's an animation, like we purposely did that, but we didn't. A couple others. Brandon Woodruff he's going to make his next minor league rehab start on Thursday at Triple A. Thank you very much. So we are right there. We're going to get him back. We're not get him back next week, to be honest with you. I mean, I don't know how many starts they'd want a Triple A, but this could be the marker for him to come back early next week, which is great.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Lucas Giolito is going to make another minor league rehab assignment on Tuesday with Double A Portland. Maybe he can take the spot of Tanner Hawk. He might be coming back in the near future, and according to MLB on the transactions pages over from rtalwire, Francisco Alvarez had his rehab assignment moved up to double A. So that is a very interesting sign that he could be looming here in the very very near future. All Right, mister Joe Arico, it's time to test it with the best bets.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 1: There we go, We're gonna do some best bets for the day. Taking a look. Yesterday, I was one and two for transparency, the strikeouts, hit another bat, the nerfee was just a bad loss. The it was a little bit bad, Lucky process was okay. The Toronto one was just lol stupid across the board. For my best bets, real quick, we are gonna go and back my boy, Spencer Schwellenbach four and a half strikeouts over it's minus one fifteen. The reason that it is at this number, if you're thinking this seems like a joke or a mistake, it is one hundred percent because they're going up against Toronto. Toronto I think I think is currently averaging like the third or fourth least strikeouts per game. But there have been quite a few pitchers that have starting pitchers themselves that have gone over five. So I'm gonna pack Schwellenbach whenever I get an opportunity. So we're gonna go with Schwellenbach over four and a half, so we're going at five strikeouts. I'm going with I'm going back to it Atlanta Toronto on the Neurfy. I'm gonna test that back again. We got Gossman and Schwellenbach going up against each other, hopefully a better outcome, and then I'm gonna go with the Angels and the Rangers total runs. I mentioned earlier in the show, I'm not about Patrick Corbin in this matchup, and I'm going up against Patrick Corbin. Also, uh, Yusai Kakuchi has not looked great giving up some early homers as well. I'm gonna be back in Mike Trout on this so I like full game overruns, Angels and Rangers. Those are my three bets. I will say, uh, it was one, one and two on the show, but I did add two bets during the day and both of those hits, so it was a positive day. I ended up doing the no run for sinning and the under first five on the Mets game and that one ended up working. So make sure to go and check out Betting Pros. Download the app. You can do it for free. You can follow the people, and we've even got some free trials out there. You can check out mister Joe Rico. I see some total base props. Let's hear him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going for some plus money plays today, starting off with Kerry Carpenter, who has become one of my favorite players in baseball. He had a tank last night. He's playing against lefties now too, which I really like for his output this year. But he gets Quinn Priester tonight, the total bases at one and a half at plus money, I mean, I think that he's gonna take another ball out of the yard tonight. That's just kind of been in his mo recently. I think he's either four or five for the season. I want to say he's hit five now. He is just a tank and I think that whether it is a home run, whether it's a double, he is getting those two bases out of the way pretty quickly. And then Gunnar Henderson, we're getting a really nice plus one forty here going up against Logan Allen. I just I don't know. Man Logan Allen is for me one of the I don't want to say is one of the worst pitches in baseball, but he's a pretty bad pitcher for Gunner Henderson, a hitter of that level. To get plus money on one and a half total basis to the point where it's plus one forty just feels like too good of an offer to pass up. So two total base deals. If you're looking for the safer side, you got the minus money plays with well, so if you're looking to take a little bit more of a chance, you got some interesting plus money plays here on the total base side.
Speaker 1: I like it anytime you can get Kerry Carpenter and gets a righty, I think that's a nice plus money play. Gunner, that's a big one right there. I can definitely get down with that. If you guys want, Like I mentioned, you can get that seven day free trial on Betting Pros Premium. Just download the Betting Pros app, use the promo code leading off, and you will get all the tools. All the tools will open up to you. The betting tools. You can check out the MLB prop cheat sheet, betting system, same game parlay builders. We've got sharp ai on. There a ton of great stuff leading off promo code seven days free to'll completely unlocked. But do remember you can hang out, you can download the app, You'll get the calendar, you can track your bets, you can people, We've got picks of the day. There's lots of good stuff. You just can't do the data. So go and check it out today over on betting Pros, let's go take a look at the home run board. Mister Cally, oh oh oh, that feels good. Bobby Witt Junior was my bet yesterday. Joe decided to tag along because I have been hitting homers and there I am. I am now tied with Wonkey Me and Wonkee seventh and eighth with eight. We got a couple others with eight as well. But at the top we've got far far out with eleven, tied with Marty. We've got Razor ramone that's still up in this top ten. The board is gettable still even though there's eleven. So you guys can sign up today and you can have an opportunity to win that Sammy Sosa autograph. Jersey, I will one hundred percent take it. That is not going to be a me not taking it. If I win it, I'm win and then I'll do a giveaway. Then I'll do a giveaway if I do it. But I want to win that bad boy. So I got my home run call. Little tip. I'd love to bet total bases of my home run guys, if you ever want to do that as well. Bobby Witt Junior on the board, Joe, I think got his second or third. So, mister Joe Rico, where are you going with your home run call for today? I don't know where. I don't know if you've been playing the game at all, but this is your chance.
Speaker 2: It's been a rough go of it, my friend. I've got two for the year. One of them was on opening day Elliott Ramos and I hit one. I was like, okay, I hit one. It's not a superstar player. I'm off for a good stretch and then it's been like nothing since. So taking the low hanging fruit today, I'm going with the early game. Julio Rodriguez up against Nicolodolo in Great American Small Park. We mentioned him earlier with some of his struggles. He's hit a couple home runs already this season, though, and in that ballpark, the righty versus lefty matchup. I think he's going to hit one out of the park tonight. I like it.
Speaker 1: I've kind of mentioned before I'm not into the Patrick Corbin even though when there's been some good outings. I will go with a very low average output, but very high home run output. Mike Trout. Let me get back to Mike Trout here hitting a bomb. I like the over on the runs in this game. Mike Trout will be at the forefront of it, going up against Patrick Corbyn, who he has seen a bunch. You're getting a little over three to one on FanDuel three point twenty plus three twenty for a Mike Trout homer. I personally I'm a little bit more likely to bet the total bases. But whatever you want, you can do it over on FanDuel again, Fantasypros dot Com. Slash leading off and or no, what is the code? I'm completely forgetting what it is now. Fantasypros dot Com. Yeah, oh, that's the offer, slash leading off and then you can bet five win two hundred over on FanDuel, make some bets, do some home run calls. That is it, my friends. No, Joe Pisapia tomorrow again. Joe Rico is back. Joe will also be joining me for the trade video, the waiver video, and we got live streams. Just want to remind everybody we guys actually have a two for We've got the Discord show that's happening on Wednesday. You guys can check out at two pm Eastern Joe and I Arico will be live on Discord answering questions for a podcast that you can be a part of. Not not that Joe, but you can join us live, be a part of that show. Come and get you questions answered in a more private setting. And then Arico and I will be live on YouTube at four pm Eastern, literally answering everything. So make sure you guys are hanging out. Joe Rico, I love Everyboddy, thank you so much for filling in and it's gonna be doo good doing these shows the rest of the week. Thank you to everybody else hanging out with us, even all the haters and Mike Mayer. Until next time, we'll talk to you on the next episode of Leading Off. Have a great one friends, by thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway. To support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB