Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Steneveek, joined by Nora Melnda. She's Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent. Nora. No shortage of things moving, especially late in the session today.
Speaker 3: Lots going on. At the end of the session today, I was looking at shares of Disney. Let's take her ds here. We looked at Cheers that fell one percent at the closing bell. But it was interesting because, of course what we saw right as we were about to hit the close today is the fact that Jimmy Kimme Alive will actually be returning to airways after backlash. This will be resuming back on Tuesday. Of course, we know that the ABC late night host was really pushed away off the show, and so we're really seeing him coming back. And it's really been after the fact that there's been so much prote ask, so much uncertainty about what was going to happen with Jimmy Kimil and whether or not the show would be able to continue here. But we did see this news come out, and we did see the stock pairing some of his declines, but of course still ending there in the red.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I fell as much as two percent in the session and then bounced from that later in the session when we got that news. The Bloomberg News team reporting that Jimmy Kimo will address the controversy when he returns to the stage. That's according to people with knowledge of the matter who asked not to be identified. Something tells me the story is not over yet, though not.
Speaker 3: Over at all here. Also looking at shares of Oracle, let's take a look there, chick her there o rcl it earlier hit an entranty record. Of course, we know this stock has really been in the news quite a bit recently. It settled about a gain of six point three percent at the close today. But this is after the idea that TikTok's algorithm is going to be secured by the company under a Trump deal here, so Oracle with provide security and help oversee the recreation of a new US version of TikTok's algorith them great news for them, especially as you think about all these companies right now clamoring for any sort of access to take text algorithm. Considering all all that they've really gained over the past year and all the attraction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been really at the center of so many different stories. There's some executive shuffle there today as well. Saffracats, the company's longtime CEO all the way back since twenty fourteen, and she led the company with Mark Hurd until twenty nineteen. She is taking a step back and a few other folks are going to be stepping in in her place. Clay Magarook and Mike cecilia Are will become the co chief executive officers, signaling the company's focus on its rapidly expanding cloud computing business. So lots of news in the cloud world. Much to cover there, okay, from the clouds down to the ground. Because you in your DNA you cover homebuilders absolutely.
Speaker 3: Looking at shares. You can never escape it, never escape, it doesn't matter what we talk about. Have to bring it back to the US housing market here. Let's look at shares of Lenar. They close lower by four point three percent at the closing bell today, and this after Raymond James and Analys over there cut the recommendation on the homebuilder to underperform from market perform. Of course, we know this company reported earnings sometime last week, but this is actually the lone bearish voice that we're seeing on the company here, according to data that we have at Bloomberg, and they're essentially saying that they believe that the market is underestimating the timeline that it may take for Lenard to restore its margins and also return to historical averages. So it's really interesting, especially as we think about the backdrop right now in the economy, what it looks like for the average home buyer right now, and you know a lot of the strains that are really on the average consumer right now, and it seems as though the report that we saw from Lanar last week definitely echoed those sentiments.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 1: Mm HM