Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty, I'm Strong and Dead.
Speaker 2: Katie and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 1: Three weeks ago, Trump administration members, including Secretary of State Marco Rubio, blasted Iran for seeking to monetize the waterway.
Speaker 4: No country has allowed to charge tolls or fees on an international waterway. I don't think we have anybody to convince around here in that regard. I think all the countries in this region would agree with us.
Speaker 1: Today, Ron's foreign minister, attempting to capture Irony, wrote the President of the United States is absolutely right, stating he agrees that a country guaranteeing safe passage deserves compensation, arguing Iran has always been the guardian of the Strait and will remain so forever. Twenty percent is, of course too much.
Speaker 5: We will be fair snarkiness even among leaders were at war with I'll be darned Trump explaining here why we should do the toll thing there in the Strait.
Speaker 6: We're going to keep the straight and we'll probably run it, will become the guardian of the Strait. Maybe we'll go with the guardian angel of the Strait, and we should be reimbursed for that. We guarded it for nothing, and now we're going to guard it and we're going to get paid for guarding it a lot of money. But we just want to be reimbursed for doing all of this, for putting our people in danger. But we're really not putting people. We're really saving people.
Speaker 3: Twenty percent is a lot.
Speaker 5: Is classic Trump, where you throw out a really early, big number off the top of your head and go from there. I haven't come across anybody who thinks this toll will ever actually happen. If it did, it would be thirty million dollars for the really big ships to pay the toll to go through.
Speaker 3: That's a lot.
Speaker 5: But what would the collection mechanism be? And you know all kinds of different stuff there. Nobody seems to think that's actually good for everything happened to you, idiot, bo Please, it's well established.
Speaker 3: I doubt they take checks. You got a big wooden thing that comes down and the boat can't go through until you pay the toll. Exactly, you got the change bucket. The captain just leans over the rail of his boat and hurls the change down into the bucket.
Speaker 5: Here's Trump with more explanation of where we currently are in this whole thing.
Speaker 7: This is almost a military skirmish.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: With all of that being said, you have to get people that want it. Makes up that we had to deal with them two days ago and then they said, oh, we can't make that deal, we have to negotiate it further. And this is what they've done for forty seven years. The difference is nobody negotiated like I do. And this should have been done by Bush and Obama and Biden and people before them. Frankly, it's forty seven years. They've been ripping off everybody and really hurt again, killing thousands of people.
Speaker 3: So we have that as true.
Speaker 5: But now what right, So we haven't even talked about So I said yesterday. Trump should go on TV tonight and explain to the American people how Iran getting a nuclear weapon would be the worst day in world history, and nobody's been willing to stop it, as he just explained, and we're gonna stop it now and the price of gas is gonna go up for a while, we're gonna deal with it. He should make that, make that case. He should have made that case where the war started. But he should made that case yesterday, since the blockade is back on as of four o'clock this afternoon. When it was announced that Trump was gonna go on television Thursday evening, I thought, Okay, here he goes. He's gonna he's gonna explain to the American people why this is important and what we're about to do.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 5: Trump is going on TV Thursday night and has asked the networks for time because he has new evidence on how the twenty twenty election was stolen. Oh no, that's why he's going on TV. Oh boy, I hadn't heard that. Yeah, apparently there's some new information about how foreign country is probably Russia, intervened in the twenty twenty election and how it was stolen.
Speaker 3: So that's why he's going on TV. Not to deal with the war with Iran, to re energize the twenty twenty election was stolen debate, which why that makes any difference anymore? You you want a second term, fairly easily you could make the argument that weve got to root out any electoral frauds, certainly, but I mean there are ways to do that, you know. But the primetime address.
Speaker 5: Seriously, when I heard he was going to address the nation, I thought, Okay, here it comes. You know, we're about to do something, but we're going to take carg Islands. He's going to prepare the United States for casualties and gas being expensive for it.
Speaker 3: Certain that was the topic was I was absolutely certain of. Nope, nope, twenty twenty election stuff. I know, it's absolutely unbelievable. Here he is talking about a nuke fifty six place, Michael.
Speaker 7: If we'd involved, then they would have had a nuclear weapon long ago, one month, within one month the day we bombed them, they would have had If we didn't do it.
Speaker 6: They would have had a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 3: If they had a.
Speaker 7: Nuclear weapon, Israel would no longer be with us, and the Middle East probably would no longer be with us. So they sent missiles to five different countries that never even knew they were involved.
Speaker 3: Because they're stone called crazy, they are crazy. Yeah, you keep saying. Now, you keep saying that you don't seem.
Speaker 5: To actually believe that they're crazy, because you keep claiming that you made a deal with them. They've shown no willingness or interest in a deal whatsoever, but you keep pretending to yourself. I really am flummuxed by this whole thing. I can't wait to read years from now the history of it, when Marco Ruby or JD. Vance or whoever talks about what was going on behind the scenes, if it was the whole wishes being the father of your thoughts, or it'll be Maduro too. I get that in the beginning, and you can excuse him for thinking that they would be able.
Speaker 3: To pull that off. And you know, sometimes I'm not sure you can, no, but I'll hear you out. Well, okay, but that just makes you wrong. You're wrong. You thought you could do it and it turned out you couldn't. With a big strike and decapitate them and everything like that, You're wrong, and Joe's mine badly wrong.
Speaker 5: But after that, though, for the last however many months, when you keep talking about I'll never under I'll never understand Jade Vance should never be president because of that one quote.
Speaker 3: You know what it's cool. You know what's really cool is a revolutionary guard now realizes that being against the United States all these years is a bad idea. He's not a dumb guy. He's the last the last thing is is a dumb guy. Why in the world did he say that? Yeah, I know, I know it was ridiculous, and yeah, well I just again every single clip I respond to the same way. What now, Yeah they suck, Yeah, they're crazy. Yeah they're religious fanatics. Yeah they're trying to get a nuke. Yeah, you knocked back their new program a long time. Yeah, their navy is at the bottom of the ocean. Yes, their defenses are decimated.
Speaker 6: Now what.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like there are two options.
Speaker 5: You do the go full on war, open the straight militarily take the island, probably have to put boots on the ground, lose life, that sort of stuff. How long you'd have to hold that before you'd root out all the iro GC? I mean, would we be sending troops into interior Iran like we were doing in Afghanistan for a while, trying to root out the tally ban?
Speaker 3: I mean, what will we have a surge? Yeah? Yeah, great?
Speaker 5: Or the we shouldn't have lifted the blockade in the first time. Leave the blockade on, do it for a long time, choke them off until they run out of money, don't let them make any money. That was the Joe Getty policy is, you may recall, so the regime falls. Why the hell are you letting up the pressure? I says to myself, Well, I said, do you good folks at the time? Anyway, what's in the bank, what's in the back?
Speaker 3: What's cool? I'll tell you what's cool is they changed their mind. They've come around. That's why you let up the pressure. Why Michael?
Speaker 8: For forty seven years, this country has been a thorn in our side. It's been kind of a basket case for Democrat and Republican administrations. The coolest thing about the progress we've made over the last few weeks is that you see people within the Iranian system, senior leadership, even IRGC officials, say, you know what, we may have some animosity, we may have some mistrust, but we recognize the way that we've done business with the United States for forty seven years as a mistake.
Speaker 3: Let's try something else.
Speaker 8: We're going to verify that, of course, but we're certainly willing to try something else.
Speaker 3: If they comply, you've got to be getting And they didn't comply for twenty minutes. No, And I don't know why they didn't, because they had a really good deal.
Speaker 5: I don't know why they didn't just keep cashing the checks and working on getting a nuclear weapon behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: I don't know why they started bombing the ships, but yeah, So what's in the bag? What's inside your dogs food bag? Not the good nutrition they need necessarily, But you don't need to buy some crazy expensive new dog food. You just need to try rough Greens. Thousands of dog owners have turned to rough Greens. It's America's number one dog supplement.
Speaker 5: What I eight and it's sawdust squirted with meat juice practically, and you get this rough green to sprinkle on top of it.
Speaker 3: America's number one dog supplement, All natural, made in the USA, and you can try it for free. With the over twenty vitamins and minerals and live probiotics, enzymes of mago oils, all you do is cover the shipping. Go to Roughgreens dot com and use a discount code Armstrong. That's are you Ffgreens dot com discount code armstrong, and you just pay the shipping. Thousands of dogs are feeling younger, more energetic, and healthier than they have in years, and your dog could be one of them. One more time. Go to are uffgreens dot com use the discount code Armstrong Roughgreens dot com with that code armstringing armstream Armstrong rough Greens makes any dog food better.
Speaker 5: There is a Trump's gonna speak from the Oval Office soon, so we'll supposedly about the war, not the twenty twenty election or Trump watches. So I just saw up here. It reminded me of some biggest footwear mistake you're making in the gym. I don't know if I'm making a footwear mistake in the gym, but it reminded me. I think I may be making that very footwear mistake.
Speaker 3: Really, what is it. It's not wearing the death pants. I'm guessing it's wearing the Maxi patting running shoes. That's true. Out, that's true. I stopped doing that because it's just it's not great for some of the extracises as I do. You taught me too wobbly, you tip over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're going straightforward with various things, those those super tall running shoes are pretty cool. But man, if you need to do anything like brace yourself lifting weight or something, they're not the best, really not very good. But there's a new guy at the gym is so huge. He's among the hugest people I've ever seen in my life. Wow, I almost want to talk to him and say, what's it like? Being so huge and not in a He looks like the dad from the Incredibles. Do you remember that cartoon for kids movie? He's built like that guy, like it's it's cartoonish. He's so wide. I like, where do you get T shirts?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 5: And not he's not in a ripped sort of muscular like on a magazine sort of guy. He's definitely he looks like zero percent body fat.
Speaker 3: But he's just so wide.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine how miserable would be to go through life. There's no way he could sit in an airline seat. No way, he'd have to buy three seats.
Speaker 3: Right, So I'd love to see the guy so ticket clandestine picture that's not at all unethical or weird. He's gonna look pretty gay. Yeah, yeah, is that like the woman who just it's Tanner and well guys like this too, Tanner and Tanner and Tanner till they look like a catcher's mitt he can't see or it's like anorexia and referm. This guy looks like it's just the way he was built and also lifts weight it looks very natural. But he's so wide his shoulders must be I don't know how far that would be, four feet wide. It's it's maybe he's a robot of some sort. I don't know if he can even be a human. It could be.
Speaker 5: And then the amount of weight he lifts with the barb actually bending the bar bend. When I lift weight, Oh my god, I can't imagine what multiple of what I lift it would take to bend the bar.
Speaker 3: I can barely lift the bar. It's terrible.
Speaker 5: I hate when I have to move the bar when somebody's put the bar somewhere else and just carrying the bar.
Speaker 3: So wow, wow. You just give him a quarter and see if he can break it in half.
Speaker 5: There you go, see if he can tear a quarter in half. I've seen it done, sir, he can't do it. You are a wimp.
Speaker 3: I think I can outrun him. Surely he can't run very fast. I don't ask him. I don't know. Well, you might find out if you can outrun him after he catches you taking pictures of him.
Speaker 5: I did want to talk about the DSA, which is in the news a lot, maybe an hour for the Democratic Socialists of America Party. Jonah Goldberg had a great screen. He went on off on on Twitter last week. He's really worked up about this socialism stuff because he's written several books about capitalism and socialism being awful and all.
Speaker 3: That sort of stuff. Oh boy, speaking of lefties, the man with the world's worst voice is back in the news. Oh yeah, great, I think it's legit to Actually, I'm sorry, I know some of your streaming. Don't do it. You start, I swear to God, I'll find you. The weird guy who brought.
Speaker 9: Us the vocal fry and the word I have a little offend that guy asked that guy.
Speaker 3: He's back at the dube stick. Stay tuned.
Speaker 4: California man recently said a Guinness World record by solving two rubixed cube puzzles while skydiving. The previous record was almost two. Didn't even get his name on Tuesday. They asked his family. They're like, you don't want to put his name on it. They're like, yeah, put dumb mother.
Speaker 5: They're like, we're not going to do that. They're like, then leave it. Black people in their stunts. I guess he gotta get the clicks, get the Instagram followers or something. Maybe I'm too old to understand and the need I don't know. I just look it up at the TV. So Norway got beat by England in World Cup soccer and they returned home, and oh my god, even though they only made it to the final eight, one hundred thousand people turned out in the streets to watch them land at the airport and get off the plane. Fighter jets came and intercepted the plane and flew next to it as it landed, and then the striking Viking, Eric Hollin got off the plane carrying his stuffed raccoon that he bought at a Texas bootstore, which is funny.
Speaker 3: Crowd going wild. That's really fun, I guess because they don't have an NBA team, or you don't have other sports to cheer for. Whatever, and get into the Elite eight, it's a hell of an achievement. Oh yeah, yeah, you seem to be poop pooing it. I won't have it. I don't know. Should we be rooting for France against Spain today since it's bastile day? Go ahead if you want to.
Speaker 5: Hanson, our executive producer, believes there's been an uptick in attractive young teachers having sex with high school boys, which is a story that when did that first like erupts a thing? And then I remember us talking about it on the air decades ago, and theyn getting all kinds of emails. I was about to say text this is before texts existed, Emails from people say, yeah, it happened to mygh school. Just nobody talked about it. So it had been a thing apparently for maybe forever. It's just not something that made the news. Right, who's the attractive gallon? Was it Washington State who ended up marrying? I got married and stayed together a very long time. Yeah, kids, Yeah, yeah, but it's it's almost always somebody very attractive, and it's some sort of reliving your high school popularity thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on. So woman seeing her beauty vanish, desperately clinging to it her sexual power.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here's a substitute teacher who was going after a fourteen year old man. Seventeen's one thing, sixteen's one thing. Fourteen is really young. Anyway, she was sending naked snaps every time she showered. God, I want you so bad, she would say, gi Many, It's not fair. Something wrong with you, no kidding, Wow.
Speaker 3: This is new.
Speaker 5: Ukraine reportedly has struck one hundred and sixteen Russian vessels in the Sea of Azov over the past week and a half. Are the numbers that came out One Way attack drones. One hundred and sixteen Russian vessels.
Speaker 3: That's a lot between that and all the oil refineries and the fact that your lifespan as a Russian soldier when you hit the front is twenty minutes. Now, at some point, Putin's got to be thinking, is this a good idea? Should I keep doing this? And I don't mean to be inhumane comparing lives to money, but it reminds me of you know, the old saying, how'd you go broke? You know, a bit by bit then all of a sudden, that's how you run out of guys. And you have to like institute a widespread draft and that will not go overwhelmed. Rush is in trouble. Yeah, we had a lot on the way.
Speaker 5: If you missed the segment at the podcast I'm Strong and Getty on demand I'm.
Speaker 3: Strong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Part of our thesis here is that people do not want their candidates grown invests. They want people who are real human beings, and they want people who do not look and sound like the background people who've been leading this country off a cliff for last century. And that was Graham.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, oh boy, you know I just misplaced. I think Nelly Bowles of the Free Press hilarious description of his voice. That is Daniel Moraff part of the brain trust that recruited rapee Nazi, fake oysterman Graham Platner to run for the Senate in Maine. And he almost got away with it too, if it weren't for you kids. But so Moraf is half of this brain trust with Morris Katz. And boy, the story on who these guys are is coming out now, and it's so interesting because it's so typical. Cats became a bonafide Beltway celebrity when he helped Mumdannie get elected, and then he recruited Platner with Moraf to run in Maine. Made a slickly produced launch video of the unemployed business owner cause playing his working class every man. The New York Times wrote of Cats like mister mcdonnie mister Katz as a child of the New York cultural elite, but is fluent in the anti elite language of progressive populism. Populism, he's twenty six and ready to fix the Democrat strategy twenty six. Yeah, yeah, so you know he's the rich kid who says he hates capitalism, functioning societies, and any opponents of terrorism. His great grandfather made a fortune in hosiery, according to The New York Times, Hey, you know what, I don't care what I make of fortune in hosiery, light bulbs, kalmanre whatever. His grandfather, Harry J. Katz, was a notorious libertine described as the playboy Prince of Darkness. With a multimillion dollar trust fund. He claims to have slept with four thousand women and ranny. Yes what this is the grandfather? Yes wow, and ran a vanity publication whose poetry editor would go on to be known as the Unicorn Killer after murdering his ex girlfriend in nineteen seventy seven. That's quite the family lineage. Yeah so the younger cats. Morris Cat's father, David Barkatz, is an award winning playwright best known for finding Philip Seymour Hoffman's dead body. How interesting that trajectory from super successful, driven businessman to purve to playwright to fake Marxist, well, real Marxist, yes, rich kid, all right, so that but basically accomplishing nothing. Yeah, exactly. Oh I'm sorry I almost left out Kat's mother, Julie Murrberg, who's a prolific author of left wing picture books for preschool aged children. Popular titles include My First Book of Feminism, My First Book of Feminism for Boys, Diversity is a Superpower, and No, my first book of protest. Oh God, a toddlers, I would hate you. You are a long day because you can't wait till these kids get to kindergarten to start indoctrinating them. The book includes a footnote explaining that Katz's publisher rejected the author's idea of using quote images of my penis instead of cartoon drawings. Oh that's cats. Himself, he tried to follow in his mother's footsteps by writing an illustrated guide to Puberty for a curious boys. That doesn't at all seem groomy to me, But that's cats. Let's make our way back to Daniel moraff.
Speaker 2: Who were grown in bats and had never done or said anything.
Speaker 5: Now, in contrast to how much of that is is is? You know you shouldn't make fun of somebody's voice. That's what they were born with. How much is that just the way he was born? And how much of that is an affectation? One hundred percent affectation you thinks?
Speaker 3: Please? Yeah, plainly do you would do that?
Speaker 2: Who were grown in bats and had never done or said anything?
Speaker 3: Come on, he just wants to be the ultra effeminate intellectual male, you know, barely male quote unquote. Yeah, that's not the way I'm reading it. In contrast to his partner Cats, there is no contrast to Cats. Moraf is a left wing activist with the V degrees from Brown and Yale and is called a mad scientist who helped recruit Platner because he wanted Democrats to nominate quote real human being. Sure corner right. He's the grandson of the guy who founded the toy stores that became Toys r Us Wow, and served as the toy chain's first president. Wow. Yes, yeah, So did he get cooled the kid with the weird voice? Did he get fooled by whom?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: Because if he if his if his thing was we need to get real people, well were was he fooled? Because Platner's not a real oyster farmer. He whatever the hell that is that? Nobody'd ever heard that term in their life before he sold a few to his mom. I mean, so he's not a real person. Uh right?
Speaker 3: I think he just thought that he came across as one. Okay, well buy that. But oh here it is.
Speaker 10: I love this.
Speaker 3: This is actually uh uh, what's his? What's his? Andrew styles in the Washington Free Beacon. Given his pampered background, it's unclear what qualifies. More have to assess whether someone or not whether or not someone is a quote unquote real human being. There is also the glaring issue of his voice and a feat and a feat insufferable wine rarely encountered beyond the decidedly inhuman confines of elite graduate schools. It shouldn't be legal to sound like that.
Speaker 2: Who were grown in bats and had never done or said.
Speaker 3: Anything eighty one being mine wouldn't be legal to sound like that? Is pretty funny.
Speaker 2: I think if what the voters wanted were people who were grown in bats and had never done or said anything that they might regret their entire lives, we'd have a very different country.
Speaker 5: But so is this writer suggesting that lots of people sound like that in certain academic circles. Oh my god, I can't imagine sitting around and not saying, what is going on here?
Speaker 3: Why is everybody talking like this? I remember talking like what ages ago? One of them? I think it may have been me. It doesn't matter. Post a question on the air. Hey, gay guys, what is it with the lisping? I mean, lisping is literally a speech defect, and it has to do with the you know, your formation of your your tongue and your teeth or maybe you're hearing or you know whatever. Why did gay guys lisp like that? And we had gay guys say it's just a cultural norm. It's kind of a signal. It's fine. And this guy's cultural norm is air park lark. You barely is? He were a little testoster.
Speaker 2: I think if what the voters wanted were people who were grown in bats and had never done or said anything that they might regret their entire lives, we'd have a very different country.
Speaker 5: So you talk like a cartoon Porcupine's you decided to do?
Speaker 3: Morat reportedly like in Platner to Barack Obama in the early days of the campaign, didn't bother to subject the anidate to a normal vetting process in an levised decision in respect. Along with his business partner and fiance Leanne Fan, Moraf was convinced that Platner was a historic figure destined to lead a revolution, and The New York Times calumnist Matthew Iglesias praised Moraf as quote a new force in politics specializing in populist outsiders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is it that hard to find somebody that is actually a working class person.
Speaker 3: Who believes what you believe that isn't a rapist? By the way, that would help. Oh, by the way, you know, I knew Nellie Bulls had said something about this that was worth mentioning. She absolutely has murdered the New York Times. The New York Times is now a zombie. It is dead because Nelly murdered them for the way they handled that rape accusation story.
Speaker 5: We talked about that a lot last week. Mark It was huge on that, Like, they need to answer for this. Why did they got the story? Is that CNN Jake Tapper was presented exactly the same information as The New York Times was. The New York Times decided to make it not a story you even remember happening, whereas CNN ended the guy's career political career with it with the same information.
Speaker 3: Right exactly, The New York Times that essentially caught and killed the story, as they say, well, we called it an inoculation story where they give you just a little dose of the truth, so you built up an immunity to it. Then the next time you hear it, you ignore it. But yeah, they buried the actual physical assault part as you guys were discussing, downplayed it completely. And you know, some of the victims said, look, I got corroborating sources. Here are their names, here are their numbers. They're willing to talk to. You never called them, they did not call them absolutely shameful. Well, I remember you counting the paragraphs at the time. I'm those twenty six paragraphs before they got to the most exciting thing they were even willing to reveal, and they didn't reveal the best stuff they had, right, right, And then Nelly goes on to talk about For instance, Jody Canter of hashtag Me Too Fame went on CNN to defend Platner and explained that what Platner did was not at all as bad as what Trump has done, and I quote the way my colleagues. Colleagues reported on them were not like classic abuse allegations. They're mostly like quote, being his boyfriend gave me a view into him, and I did not like what I saw. Quote. There was one allegation of crossing line physically, but I think that means that these are pretty different accusations than, say, the ones that President Trump faced. This is a hashtag me too leader who ignores rape because it's her side, Stephen King, who really needs to just shut up and write about unholy cars and killer clowns. So tell you what, if you knew the whole truth about everyone in the Senate and House of Reps, those chambers would be dead empty. Jesus said, let him without sin cast the first stone, and Nelly writes, I'm out of touch with straight male behavior. So someone just level with me here. All men don't rape, right, that's a rare thing. Yes, yeah, Nelly, it is. It's extremely rare, and it's horrible. Wow wow, So.
Speaker 5: Worth there are things currently on that he got out. But so they're gonna have a quickie primary or something to try to choose somebody. Yeah, I think he's gonna disappear into the dust bin of history.
Speaker 3: It'd be my guess. Lon h Chin disagreed with me and thought he had some staying power. Nelly bowls right, So I'm not worried about Graham. He'll have a very successful second career on the podcast circuit. He'll re emerge suddenly with some new theories about who killed Charlie Kirk. Congratulations to Graham Platner on your upcoming fortune. Wow, I hope that's not true. The tough talking oyster man a regular guy. Wow ah boy?
Speaker 5: How did the universe begin? That's our topic next segment. I came across this reading last night and then did a couple of questions to Grock and chat GPT. I found this stuff fascinating, just absolutely fascinating. Probably heard it before, but I'd forgotten it. So it was exciting a new about all kinds of things. So stay tuned for that. Also, can't wait to get an hour four. Jeneral Goldberg really went out after the DSA and the way the mainstream media treats that party, the Democratic Socialists of America, in a way that they would never treat a conservative group. Sure, yeah, for obvious reasons, but it's pretty interesting. So that'll be an hour for lots of stuff on the way.
Speaker 3: Stay here.
Speaker 10: I go buffer fast, I go buffer slow. In the buffer grass, in the buffer snow. I've got buffer bars, I've got buffer flow. I'm a buffer star. I'm a buffer bufflo. Buffalo.
Speaker 5: Lots of buffalo memes erupting for obviously reasons over the last couple of days. I like any of the ones where a buffalo is at a podium with a microphone. I'm not taking any more questions or you know that sort of thing.
Speaker 10: Missed that.
Speaker 3: I retweeted that you should look at our Twitter thing. There's lots of fun stuff. Okay, this is my favorite story of the day. I love the weights for written so dopey peanut butter is typically more of a pantry stable than an art supply, but eight hundred pounds of the creamy spread or the centerpiece of a museum installation that opened on Thursday in the Netherlands in honor of the artist whim Tea Shippers, who died last month at eighty three. So this famous Dutch artist dies and his lifelong dream had been what he called pindakos bloor or peanut butter floor, which is a big octagon. Can't remember what shape? Doesn't matter? With like a foot deep of peanut butter on the floor of the art gallery, three point two pounds per square foot, the smooth kind, not the chunky kind, must be spread as evenly as possible. According to the statement on the museum, you can follow the smell all the way from the atrium up to the exhibition in the third floor. He had dreamed since the sixties Jack of this peanut butter floor art, but hadn't managed to pull it off during his lifetime. What a load of crap, you know. I've really tried to be a wait wait wait, wait, wait wait wait wait, said the museum director. It's both a parody of art and an invitation to think about art differently. All right, I talked about this a while back.
Speaker 5: I've tried to be way more open minded than I've ever been about abstract art. And I've watched a couple of videos about it with people explaining it, and I'm trying to and I went to the moment in San Francisco and looked at some art. But okay, so I'm willing to grant that some of it has some merit and maybe requires some talent. But man, there's a lot of it that is just crap and is just a ruse. I swear to God, I don't care if you if all it is is a big block of red and you say no, it demonstrates the simplicity of art. It's the opposite of the effort. Now that's just crap. Don't give me that it's just crap. Yeah, my floor a fine arts major by use of money. What's He seemed to enjoy it though.
Speaker 3: He took a perform orman's art class and explained to me some of the you know, performance art that the folks in the class had done, and some of it seemed utterly ridiculous to me, But some of it I thought, Wow, okay, I get that. That's okay, that is actually art. But this is my favorite sentence from the story. In one of the reasons I brought it up. Shippers the dead artist fellow who's buried just in the woods, unmarked grave by his friends at his request, which is interesting. Shippers was a beloved and eccentric cultural figure in the Netherlands, where he produced provocative television shows, wrote poetry, composed music, and once directed a play performed entirely by German shepherds. Oh my god, I'd pay a dollar to see that. You know, there was more barking than I expected. You know, it's oh my god.
Speaker 6: This link.
Speaker 3: Wow, hang on, that's on my computer. It's a it's a YouTube video of his quote unquote play Going to the Dogs is the title of it. Good Lord. This guy was a beloved figure in the Netherlands. You know why because of the American security umbrama that has covered Europe since World War Two and enabled them to put on German shepherd plays and smear peanut butter on the floors of their art galleries and call it art. I had tickets for the show front row seats on a Friday night, but it got canceled fleas Oh boy, he performed entirely.
Speaker 6: Come.
Speaker 5: I went the second night. It was open, but the lead actor had the cone on and it just was hard to enjoy.
Speaker 3: It was so distracted. I couldn't take him seriously as the romantic lead coat of shame. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: If you miss a segment of the show, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Got some interesting stuff for our four performance art No kidding a lot more stay here, Armstrong and Getty