Speaker 1: How you doing, everybody?
Speaker 2: This is Freddy Rodriguez and I am Wilmer Valderrama and this is those amigos, those amingos.
Speaker 1: As always, we reflect on what we sipping on. What do you got on?
Speaker 3: I make a little tea.
Speaker 4: It consists of tumeric, ginger, cinnamon, a little bit of lemon, real lemon juice. I have a lemon tree in my front yard, apple cider, vinegar.
Speaker 3: It's it's a little concoction of it.
Speaker 1: Just kind of kept going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's about five different things in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is pretty amazing for us.
Speaker 3: Good for inflammation.
Speaker 2: Have you ever done the cocau thing, like the drinking the you know, the rock cocow kind of tea?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: It's supposed to also help with that moot stabilizer supposed to be like really great for circulation and all that stuff. But the cocau, the rock cockw is think it's like a power a power drink.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It kind of.
Speaker 2: Tastes like hot chocolate, but a lot more rock a cow hot chocolate.
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Do you do it on a regular I used to do it almost weekly and then I ran Now I didn't never replenish it, But.
Speaker 3: You go back on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Like my my bro.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Tucker, who's an incredible actor, an amazing friend, and one of the most special individuals I know. He you know, he definitely, he's like he lives by it. It's like a you know, the co cow is his power drink. You know, it's a thing that kind of it's like a like a a caffeinated is. I think he has a little caffeination. But it's like it's it's it's a booster. It's it's really really magical. Actually, if you look at the properties and all stuff, it's very healing and circulation and you know, it's really interesting.
Speaker 3: I gotta check it out. Lines made remember we had the lines.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I actually just bought some more you did.
Speaker 2: So maybe for the next episode, our listeners, we'll go into a trip, into a journey with us.
Speaker 1: We will be super focused. Yeah, I can show you. I want to show you what I what I got because I think you were like it.
Speaker 2: But but first and first and foremost, we took a couple of I guess maybe two weeks, three weeks I didn't see you.
Speaker 1: I text you. I was having sounds. Yes, dude, I I.
Speaker 2: I've grown emotionally dependent of our conversations.
Speaker 3: Because it's because you don't have any brothers.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what well I do now, Yeah, no, absolutely, but I was and I'm for those of you who are listening to this, and I'm doing the little googly eyes, uh you know, little anime googly eyes when I say what I do now.
Speaker 3: Thank you? Brother? I received that. Man.
Speaker 4: Uh, you have no brothers and I have no I have no younger brothers and my two brothers are a lot older than me, so I very much grew up alone.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Thus, thus the.
Speaker 2: Hey, Freddy, did you like sometimes like do you sometimes like like sometimes like you sometimes think of me?
Speaker 1: So uh speaking of you know, uh missing our conversations.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: What has been the feedback on the on the podcast for you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: So incredibly positive. I had a cousin who I don't really speak to, not for any particular reason, but she lives in New York I live here, and she was saying that the podcast that we had on mental health helped her so much and it really resonated with.
Speaker 3: Her, and I thought that Wow.
Speaker 4: I thought, wow, here's someone who I barely speak to, who who felt the need to reach out to me and to tell me that. But people are having fun. You're having fun just kind of listening to it. I think people are sort of feeling like that, like they're in the.
Speaker 1: Third chair to me, go here and yeah, there are dinner with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, man. So it's been pretty positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, same same here.
Speaker 2: And I think that this is for those who are listening or for those who are watching, I just want to say, we're so grateful. We see you guys participating, you see you sharing the clips, and we're just so grateful. You know, we made this for you, and uh, I think partially for us.
Speaker 1: We we also wanted and needed this. But yeah, really really excited that's working.
Speaker 2: And so just this is their moment to say thank you to all of our amazing fans and the audiences that are discovering the show. As always, we love your feedback. Tell us, you know, find us on Instagram, find us on all the platforms and or Facebook, wherever we're at, and uh, you know, ask us questions. You know there there's themes, is there's conversations. Is there things that you want us to discuss. We'd love to, uh, you know, we we'd love to dive into it in future episodes. Absolutely, So for the of you in the audience, you know who would like to communicate with us and send us some you know, subjects or conversations or topics that you like for us to deep dive on. You can DM us at Those amigos talk on Instagram, or you can email us at Leo what is it dose?
Speaker 5: Amgos talk at Gmail.
Speaker 2: Those amigos talk at gmail dot com. Anyhow, moving on to a two day's episode, we wanted to make a different episode. We want to do something a little just kind of draw us out the line a little bit.
Speaker 1: How does it work, Leo? How does yeah valiation work?
Speaker 3: What do you know about blunt?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Exactly. By the way, what is a blunt, yeah, Leo?
Speaker 5: A blunt is yeah, let me define.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming a blunt rotation is when somebody is sharing a smoking device and it goes around the room and every time someone holds it something is supposed to be said.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 6: Kind of, Yeah, it's more more or less just saying, like, you know, if you had a room full of people, who do you want there?
Speaker 5: Who do you want in that that circle?
Speaker 1: In that circle?
Speaker 5: Who and what are they bringing to the rotation?
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of speaking of blunts though, I can actually, you know, this is hilarious because you know, on seventy show, we used to have this circle downstairs in the basement.
Speaker 1: And everyone was like, cool, so are you guys?
Speaker 2: You guys smoking, you know, and we uh and to be honest, like you never saw smoking.
Speaker 1: You know, there was this mysterious smoke in the room.
Speaker 2: We thought it was just a refrigerator overheating and to smoke downstairs, so we never we never addressed, uh, the smoke in the room.
Speaker 1: Yes, they say, uh, so I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: I also, uh, I hate to be the boring guy, but I've actually never I've never smoked in my life.
Speaker 3: You've never smoked? You never smoked?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never smoked greeds, you know, and nothing.
Speaker 2: Obviously I have nothing against it or anything, but it's it's just for some reason, I was too busy learning how speaking, and I think.
Speaker 1: I never dabbled on it.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: But but going back to the full circle of this thing, how many people should we pick three? Or we were like as many of people in the circle as we want.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna just throw off different archetypes of people and let's see who ends up passing that blunt.
Speaker 2: For those of you who are listening to Leo's Boys, he is a early producer. He's also the head of our podcast division, a WV A WV Sound, which is our podcast company. But anyways, Leo's So, I've never done it.
Speaker 1: So I've never.
Speaker 3: I can't smoke weed. I get paranoid.
Speaker 1: You do, Yeah, what's that like?
Speaker 3: PoID?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What comes to mind? How does it?
Speaker 3: I just I don't relax. It's the opposite. You know.
Speaker 4: Some people smoke because it makes them relax. It does the absolute opposite. It makes me anxious. It gets me paranoid. I can't sit. I you know, I don't know. Maybe I'm a control freak.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe because I'm always hustling.
Speaker 4: I've you know, I've had kids at such a young age, so I always have to be responsible, and so my brain goes to this other place that.
Speaker 3: Is not comfortable. I mean, and no matter what, like I've tried.
Speaker 4: I've tried gummies to sleep, you know, because sometimes I suffer from insomnia and even anything.
Speaker 1: I mean, the cannabis are gummies.
Speaker 4: The cannabis, gummies, anything with THC, like whether it's smoking or like, it just doesn't affect me. It doesn't agree with me right. And I've had people say to me, oh, you're just smoking.
Speaker 3: The wrong strain.
Speaker 4: You're just it's sativa versus whatever the other one is, you know, And I've tried it on and it all affects me the same. So it's just my body doesn't agree with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I yeah, I can.
Speaker 2: I mean, the only thing that I can relate it to for me is if I have too much caffeine, I'm having this anxiety like something.
Speaker 1: Bad's gonna happen, something that's gonna happen, Like I can.
Speaker 3: How many cups a day do you drink?
Speaker 2: Let's see, I think not done many, but I like, for example, when I'm at work, I'll do one in the morning, I'll do one in the afternoon, and then in the evening I kind of crave a cappuccino after dinner, and I'll just sell a cappuccino and I'll still.
Speaker 1: Go to sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm one.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: If I'm working.
Speaker 4: If I'm working like a fourteen hour day, maybe one after after lunch, but otherwise I'll stay dude.
Speaker 2: By the way, I did a movie in Italy and the whole entire crew was an Italian crew and it was exper It was an expresso festival on set.
Speaker 3: Like what do you mean, like how like that like the.
Speaker 2: Crafty where they would have all the snacks and you know, the breads and like you know, the chips or whatever. It's like, you know, in every production, in every set, you know, when you're shooting, they have a designated corner where they have the snacks for everybody, you know on the sets. So while during the day you can make yourself a sand rich, you can grab a snack or whatever. In Italy they have straight up an express a machine like like.
Speaker 3: A cart or something.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, just like daddy can't express the machine not like a drip coffee or like a regular coffee drip or whatever.
Speaker 3: But is somebody making it or do you have to make it yourself?
Speaker 1: You can make it yourself.
Speaker 2: Mostly have somebody making you an expresso shirt and like they do the expresso shot and they put like how much how many? How many teaspoons of sugar and it's like the coffee this little like uh get one, I guess put the sugar. They like liquid candy. So I was shooting this movie and I ended up having like.
Speaker 1: Five or six of those a day. Damn is it like rocket fuel?
Speaker 2: It was more than rocket fuel. My performance in that movie is incredible.
Speaker 1: My performance incredible, incredible. The movie.
Speaker 2: The movie is called A Sudden Case of Christmas and it's from the direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah Hulu, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And the and the movie is directed by the director of Certain The Pity, And it was Danny de Vito and Lucy de Vito. Yeah, uh, Antonella and you know, it's an incredible cast and the McDonald and because Asuniga, and you know, just a bunch of amazing homies.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But my performance was so good and I also had to play the paranoid that it really really worked. But anyways, back to this, uh the passing so leo, So, what is a blunt rotation?
Speaker 1: Like, what is that? What is how does that work? What does that metaphor? What is that? What does that mean?
Speaker 5: You know, it's something those gen z rs are kind of trying to.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's on fire in the gens.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I don't know if blunds are back, but the saying is back.
Speaker 2: It's here saying wait ants blunts are back? Is that where the kids are doing that?
Speaker 1: Again? There it goes the.
Speaker 6: Neighborhood, but it's kind of like it's essentially just like a prompt of being like, oh, that person has the vibes that they would be someone fun I'd want to hang out with.
Speaker 2: So blood rotation is like like a hang the hangout with people that you want to share something with, right, So.
Speaker 6: Like exactly it could be like full like animals, like anything. Okay, so I'm gonna list off different archetypes of things.
Speaker 5: I get it, I get it, you get it?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 3: Yes, just do it?
Speaker 5: To start?
Speaker 6: Uh, which childhood TV character do you would you want at the circle?
Speaker 5: Would they be bringing snacks? What are they bringing? What are they bringing to the table? Why would you want them.
Speaker 1: Their childhood TV character?
Speaker 2: I would I would say, I hate to be this predictable, but if if I'm gonna go with childhood characters, I would probably say desier Nas because I feel like he would have so many crazy stories.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm thinking about someone else, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like my, my, my childhood characters are super predictable, you know, I would say, I would say, yeah, I would say Dozier Nants, I bet you have some crazy stories and yeah, and I probably talk about his Cuba days, you know, and write that could be really interesting to me.
Speaker 4: Hmm, wow, that's a that's a really good question trying to think of like what shows when I was a kid resonated enough with me?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 3: What did I watch when I was a kid?
Speaker 1: Like Chips all the too?
Speaker 4: I just, you know, what's always fascinating to me whenever I meet those actors like in real life, Like I just always want to know what like like how was it for you back then?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Like I just always want to know what their journey was and compare it to my journey. So I'd love to just have a bunch of old school like Latin guys who came before us, like like you said, like DESI right and go what was that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Man? I mean we kind of know.
Speaker 4: The surface stories, right, we know the but like what, like I want some inside stuff that I haven't heard yet, and I want to compare it to my own journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been you know, it'd be cool Stallone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you talk about childhood, right, hero you know like that that dude is Yeah, Well, Stellone would have some cool stories, you know, a lot of studio fifty four stories, studio, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: What's interesting about Stallone is that, you know, because of the way he sounds right, for lack of a better term, I think that that people would be quick to write them off. But like, what's so amazing to me that I learned as I got older, was like he won an Oscar for writing. He stepped behind the camera and he directed and he acted in it, and he did it all. Yeah, right when everyone told him that he couldn't do it, and he was like, screw it, I am going to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would love to know, like what gave him the balls to do that?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Also speaking of courage and audacity, Ardnatwressanger, like his mentality. He's he's mental strength, you know, for competition, and and how he's always he never let competition died in his heart. It's still right now he's in Venice trying to outlift the other guy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think that that'd be a really cool one.
Speaker 4: You know who I would like on there. I'd like Anthony Hopkins. I just saw the remains.
Speaker 1: Of the of the day, that movie the other day.
Speaker 3: He's one of those few actors that.
Speaker 4: Just continually just blows me away by his subtlety. I remember I worked with Alan Rickman, did two movies with Alan Rickman, and he says something to me that was so profound.
Speaker 3: And he goes, yeah, you know, Freddy, you know.
Speaker 4: Like when you when you send that message from your brain to the body and then your body reacts. And I'm like, what message are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: And I wanted to get so much deeper into sort of his process, uh mentally and and and while he's in the moment right and and and I watch Anthony Hopkins, and I know that he's doing the same thing, you know, I know that he's sending those messages to his body, and he's so relaxed and his.
Speaker 2: To your point, he's so in tuned with the effort. How much effort does.
Speaker 1: He really really really need when he's leaning into conviction drive?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think he's doing nothing, but he's doing everything.
Speaker 4: And yeah, that's increds and incredible. Look, we could sit here all day as actors and scream and do all that and.
Speaker 3: We're like, oh that was awesome.
Speaker 4: Take right, Like, you know, because then it gets in and he's like, yeah, you're like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, all of us out the watery crazy.
Speaker 4: But people like that, I just want to know, like what makes them tick, like what you know, so to get them in the circle and to explain their secrets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, all right, we're gonna add another person in the circle, a fictional villain. Fictional villain, like who's coming through? What are they talking about? Are they deep? Are they misunderstood?
Speaker 1: I mean there's there's like a few that come to mind.
Speaker 2: I would say, it depends what we want from that circle, you know, because it could be really messy. Fictional villain. I'd say that, Like, someone that I think will be really interesting is Heath Ledgers joker, you know, because because that's a conversation. It's not a villain that's just coming in tossing cars apart, and like you know what I mean, And like it's like somebody will come in and and we'll sit down and talk about philosophy from an angle of righteousness, not an angle of just like pure foolery, right, I think he would he will give you a reason that you would almost buy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some some some heavy justification and yeah, yeah, I think the Ledgers Joker will be an interesting villain to to have their.
Speaker 3: Joaking Phoenix's Joker would be.
Speaker 1: I've seen that'd be an uncomfortable circle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but but like what what makes him tick? Like what because it's so different, right, it's so it's so much more rooted in reality, His relationship with his mother, all of that would be so interesting to just and and and again, all of it is justification. I think for what they do there that it's always justified by something.
Speaker 2: And I can also picture the two of us just sitting there and watching those two jokers talk to each other, right, I mean imagine that just those two guys just kind of reasoning on the where he went wrong, where he took a turn, Yeah, what happened that made them have the outlook online for most importantly, exercise their own version of justice, because none of them are just being evil, They're just they're performing justice in a different angle, in a different way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very interesting to think about that stuff to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so much resolve and so much belief in what they're doing, right, because that's what it takes to.
Speaker 1: Like go to those extents.
Speaker 4: You got to really believe in what you're doing and what you're trying to put out there in order to be able to do that, right, which is a lot of leaders in the world, right, they wouldn't be doing what they're doing unless they really believed.
Speaker 1: It is the Joker, the best villain of all time. I mean, who's character itself? Who's better? Who's better?
Speaker 2: I mean it has survived forty years or fifty years of pop culture, right, like, it's still one of the biggest threats any subliminal character or metaphorical character can go through.
Speaker 3: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 2: I think there, I think that that character, very early on taught tapped into a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of humanity's insanity.
Speaker 2: I think at some point it triggered an emotion and where humanity thought, maybe we all have a little bit of Joker inside of us, right, I mean, and.
Speaker 3: That's a superpower, right, Yeah, he doesn't fly.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have superpower whatever.
Speaker 2: It's a person could be like you and me, and it's the prince of chaos, right right. But it's but we all have these thoughts, right, like some of us were just we're never going to be villains, right, But I think, you know, I think that psychologically, I think about that.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's because it kind of tapped.
Speaker 2: Into something that what if humanity had chosen insanity, right right, Like, maybe there is this and none of us probably have the courage to go that fever, right like, and I know for a fact I will never be able to even think that way.
Speaker 1: But there is something about seeing it play.
Speaker 2: Out, you know, and the many stories of the Joker mean of that character kind of like creates this incredibly colorful look through a viewfinder, through a different lens of humanity that all of us never thought would be a perspective that we could even sympathize with. And the earlier renditions is like I just want to create chaos and you know, and try to kill the bat right But over time that character's philosophy for for that became probably a lot more overlayer, a lot more in depth. And I think that someone like you know, like like Keith Ledgard or you know, even the nineties Batman, that Mark Hamill voice joke, you know that that cartoon that the Mark Hamill which by the way, beautiful one of the best performances of all time. When it comes to a Joker character, Mark Hamill embodies something that was just so unhinged yet contained, and he the way he would use the words as the weapon that to me felt like wow. The way he would sing song it and use the words as the daggers, not the fist, not the weapon, you know, but the way he would poetically describe the chaos he was there to deliver was something something I've never been able to forget.
Speaker 3: Really, man.
Speaker 4: I remember hearing it a couple of times, but not enough to still have.
Speaker 1: That one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: I mean, in his laugh, everybody that does a version of Joker is trying to mimic his laugh, and oh really yeah, Mark Cameron, he definitely he was one of those guys that definitely a good job with it. Any other any other if you feel like Jokers feels like one of the most interesting.
Speaker 1: But I'm wondering if anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, because the Joker is the most grounded one, right, Like I said, everyone else has like superpowers and so then so then once it it goes there, it's elevated into this sort of fantasy realm, right where the Joker is more grounded, and you're like, oh, something like that could potentially happen, right, I mean, all the all the classics, right, like Darth Vader, you know, like.
Speaker 1: My god, you know, hey, man, you knew you had a son somewhere. Yeah?
Speaker 2: My first question, how could you not know that you had a kid somewhere?
Speaker 1: Man, Hey, Darth, look at me in the eyes. Man, you knew? Right, come on, man, you knew, you know you had a son?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: Tofa cut his own version of Star Wars, and I haven't seen it, but was I mean, did it did it have a lot of heavy Darth Vader in it?
Speaker 3: Did it? Did it sort of weed a lot of the villains in it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny because those movies didn't have Most of those movies didn't have Darth Vader in it, right, because he had the prequels.
Speaker 1: There was no Darth Vader.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: It was Anakin becoming vad Right.
Speaker 2: So Anakin was like, was this young prodigy who was supposed to be a promising and and and.
Speaker 1: The right side of the forest, right.
Speaker 2: I think he was supposed to become this Jedi master and then he took a turn and chose the dark. Towards the end of the franchise, where you know, they pretty much ended with him wearing that suit, right, and then the old school movies began. So here's another flip on this game. You get a co from a agent and it says, Matt Reeves or James Gunn wants you to play the new Joker. Right, where do you begin in doing the homework for that?
Speaker 4: It's tough, right, because you're like Jesus Christ, that's such a massive responsibility.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's tough, right, because like what do you do do you watch everybody.
Speaker 4: Else's performance and then and then and then go okay, let me not do that, let me not do that, right, But as a.
Speaker 3: Human being, you absorb that as you as you watch it. Right.
Speaker 2: So it's and that's fans, they undeniably some some of that marked us so and then also like how much do you how much do you include in your process the expectation the fans have for that character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a tough one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Like I loved I love that Joaquines was really grounded, right, it was really grounded, and he made very specific choices about who this guy was going to be and they went with it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like, well so and so did that, so let me take that and build on that.
Speaker 3: He just kind of.
Speaker 4: Created his own thing, right. I felt like the only thing that was similar was like he had a laugh, you know, and that sort of that's been the through.
Speaker 2: Line, right, They all all those but even if their laugh was rooted over a condition.
Speaker 4: I thought that was so cool when he showed that card to like the kid and the bus, you know, I have this condition where I mean, that was just genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And but again that world was built to support the becoming of a joker, right, right, But they called.
Speaker 1: You and they're like, he's been badman for ten years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now here comes the Jokers being joker for I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, five of those.
Speaker 4: What an immense responsibility? Huh wow, how do you take that on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I have the courage to go, I'm putting myself out there like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like Jared Leto did it right? Yeah? Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought Jared did a pretty great job. I think that he should give more credit for that. I was hoping that he'd go a little bit more hip hop if he played hip hop joker for that type of movie would have been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had the gold.
Speaker 2: Teeth, he had the chains, like he just played it like, yeah, I don't know, like riff raff or something like that. I think it could be really not that, But I'm saying like the tone could have been interesting thing. It would have been a different joker, in a really pop cultural one too.
Speaker 1: I mean, he did a phenomenal job. I think that if he would have made.
Speaker 2: A choice to go all the way hip hop dude, I chained this the soundtrack, that.
Speaker 1: Could have been crazy too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that would have been an interesting choice.
Speaker 3: What other villains? What other villains you know?
Speaker 1: I like, did you said Darth Vader? That's a very good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Like what other villains you know? Like that? I've been so.
Speaker 4: Enthralled with right that I would want to have them around a blood tape.
Speaker 3: I mean real life villains? Are there? Real life villains that you know?
Speaker 1: That's that's there? Are their dictators? Are their serial killers? Maybe?
Speaker 3: You know? And asked the why of it?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: Right? You know, I don't know man.
Speaker 1: In real life? I mean, so who in real life is there?
Speaker 2: Like is that one of the serial killers that kind of has caught your attention?
Speaker 1: You know? And like WHOA, this story is pretty crazy. Some of them are just too sick.
Speaker 3: To about Yeah, man, yeah, yeah I know that.
Speaker 2: What about what about Jason? He never talked, so like if that be the most boring invite, just be sitting there, Yeah, he'd just been sitting there, like, bro, Like the point is that you kind of like talk, you know, you're here to talk to us, you know, Yeah, Jason and uh and Freddy No, Freddy Krueger will be crazy. Yeah, Freddy Krueger will be crazy for Also you listening to this, who don't know who Freddy Krueger is.
Speaker 1: Do yourself a favor.
Speaker 2: Watch that first movie and then yeah, and good luck trying to sleep that night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Is there is there anyone like around the around the circle? Like and and this is what you know, you're you're so good at right, Like you're so good at at at interviewing people and getting down to the nitty gritty of the of the aspects that interest you.
Speaker 3: Is there someone that you haven't met or interviewed.
Speaker 4: They don't have to be a villain necessarily, but but like someone that you've been like, I just want to like talk to this person and getting to the psyche of this person and ask very specific questions so that I could learn from this person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, past or president, Yeah, yeah, yeah. I think there's a few people that I've been just kind of fascinated by their method of capturing stories. Like I've always been inspired and fascinated by the tool kid that Quantrarantino has for character building and as an actor. He's one of my favorite screenplay writers, just like he writes stuff that really is asking for.
Speaker 1: You to be free.
Speaker 2: You have to be ce liberated in order to sort through his content because you can be timid. You got to step all the way down and play those and there's a level. It's so funny when you watch the movies, you're like, oh, this guy's make it look so easy.
Speaker 1: But his writing is very supportive of going that far.
Speaker 2: And it's not like a character makes all these crazy choices and the dialogue is not there.
Speaker 1: The dialogue is taking you there.
Speaker 2: As an actor, you know, it's actually leading you into these choices.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So I think that's one of the things that I think when has done just so masterful, you know, and especially when he casts people he really knows, I know their strengths.
Speaker 1: That's why you're here. Here's the dialogue.
Speaker 2: Go run with it, like go go you know, I mean you you can speak to that a lot better than me, for sure. I mean, I definitely work with Robert. And Robert is also very good about casting. You know, he knows how to put people on the right dialogue, you know, and those words you know you wear you know you wear.
Speaker 1: That stuff, you know. So I think I think Quinn would be one.
Speaker 2: I have so many questions about character bill, and especially as someone who's like developing and producing stuff, like just like how how do the like what are what are some of like step one into of building a character. The audience is going to go, that's either me or like, man, I want to be like that or I'm like whoa, I didn't know if person like that could exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which he's got a talent for taking you there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the most fascinating things I found by working with with Quintin was what a movie savant he was. I remember one time we're at a at a table read or something thing and Robert was trying to make a Robert Rodriguez by the way, I was trying to make a reference to something or a movie, and.
Speaker 3: He was like, he was like, oh man, it was this movie. He was trying to remember it.
Speaker 4: And then and then he says, quin remember that movie, that it was this and it was that, and he gave him like a few details, and Quentin said, oh, you're talking about this movie and it started this actor and it came out this year and this person directed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the other actor was supposed to play the lead character. But then ended, I'm not making it. Like yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 4: I was so blown away by his He has this library and his brain of.
Speaker 2: Musage by the way, yea, because he can he literally goes to his vinyl collection.
Speaker 1: Man, yeah, this is the song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know I want this song to play when the Catallac is driving down the street.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know he's a big music fan too, right, So it's a combination of like him being this this absolute music buff music library with being a music efficient, right and knowing good music and and you know, being growing up in la and being around people where you heard people of other ethnicities and other languages and being able to incorporate all of that and just learning from the vast movies that you've seen.
Speaker 2: You know, we should figure out how to have a little bit of a deep die with with either Quant or Robert. You know, we should invite them to the show and just like say, hey, let's just riff on movies, let's talk about inspiration and stuff like.
Speaker 1: It'd be really great to have them on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, those guys working with those guys.
Speaker 1: Was it was. I was just talking to Robert today. So last week, Oh cool?
Speaker 3: Where in Austin at his house?
Speaker 1: All you went, oh that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And we were talking about doing this other thing together and he was like, well, I'm in town, man, come through, And so I came to.
Speaker 3: So that's aweso there to go talk about this sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so him and I are also working on some stuff. Can we have to tell you about? But but yeah, it'd be great to have Robert here too. You know, Robert be such a great.
Speaker 3: Chat thinking man.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, Well, well we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Leo, what's the next thing? We got?
Speaker 5: Next? Up? Who from Game of Thrones do you want at this table with everyone else?
Speaker 1: Mmmm?
Speaker 3: From Game of Thrones?
Speaker 1: Wow? They're dragon? Absolutely Dragon.
Speaker 4: I get Brian Cogman around the table. Who is your friend? You were so gracious to introduce me to my brother, who was an incredible writer, and we're both HBO alumni, and I've had wonderful conversations with him about Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: I told him the other day, we should set up a dinner with all of us together.
Speaker 1: I'd love to.
Speaker 2: And his wife is love so great, so talented too. Yeah, yeah, it's like they're together. It's not fair, but yeah, that that would be a great invite because yeah, you know, you also could learn so much about you know, the stuff that he did.
Speaker 1: He was the guy on set, you know, he was. He was he was the He's one of the reasons.
Speaker 3: The think of it. He was the thick of it.
Speaker 4: I told him this funny story I was doing. I was doing a movie with Sean Bean in the Ukraine around that time, and uh, and I was I was doing this other project at the same time, and I was like, I think it was on TV. And this was at a time when like actors were like, I don't want to do TV maybe, you know, And so I go, I go, hey, Sean, Man, you ever think about doing TV?
Speaker 3: I consider it if it's the right thing.
Speaker 4: And I started to tell him about the thing that I was doing and how I thought he'd be great in it, and.
Speaker 3: He goes, well, I just did the thing for HBO.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, it's supposed to have like dragons in it, and I don't know if it's going to be any good. But but yeah, i'd love to explore what but what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I go, Oh, you just work for HBO. He goes, yeah, man, I said I was there for.
Speaker 1: As we all are.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we're like, I don't know, man, I'm just happy to be at work.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I don't know it's going to be any good.
Speaker 4: We just shot the pilot, you know, I don't know, and then like a year later, a Game of Thrones comes out it.
Speaker 1: Takes over the planet quite literally.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, yeah, No, Brian is one of those very special voices and writers. You know, he's just ting to do so many great things. I would say for me from Game of Thrones, who who Yeah, that's tough, man, It's just.
Speaker 1: Tough because every character is so good.
Speaker 3: Or George R. R. Martin, like, you know what, it was the first show I've.
Speaker 4: Ever seen where they had like incest and I was like, what's the motiv where? You know, I never knew what the motivation was behind that.
Speaker 2: I know, so so there's two people, right that kind of came kind of went at the same time. Uh, Pedro Pascal, Yeah, and like, do you even know what was gonna what was gonna.
Speaker 1: Do for your career? Crazy?
Speaker 2: Like he just rolled in so handsome, killing it on screen, just doing his thing, and then all of a sudden boom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of amazing. Same thing with Jess Momoa was in the first season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, uh right, right right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so these individuals have come through this show and have just like, you know, the other thing.
Speaker 1: And Momo is also another great guy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Yeah, He's an amazing dude, really cool, good and I met him so many times and hung with him a few times throughout the years, and you know, we have a lot a bunch of friends in common, good friends with him, and you know, worked with him for a few times. So he's he's a really good dude. But yeah, so that that would be that for for us on that What what do you think next?
Speaker 6: Let's round it out with who do you want there to give you a good laugh?
Speaker 1: Oh, a good laugh? Like a funny person?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just to round it out.
Speaker 3: A funny person.
Speaker 4: I think that that Jim Carrey right, And this is just sort of like I think he's a once in a lifetime comedian actor totally.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're going to see another one.
Speaker 1: I love how you described him comedian actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was able to translate his tone into an actual narrative storytelling right, like a lot of stuff. A lot of times a comedy is stuck in a role where he's just doing the punchlines in the in the movie, yeah, and not technically telling the story.
Speaker 1: They always get paired up with somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was one of those guys who who grabbed everything that was his strength and made it the actual character.
Speaker 1: And I think that was pretty brilliant.
Speaker 4: I just think I just think you you see what he does, and and I think he's light years, light years ahead of people who were just fun. A lot of a lot of really really funny people out there, but he's he's like an up, he's like in a category by himself.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I like him a lot for a good laugh. I think Tom Hanks, Tom Hanks, he tells some really funny stories. Yeah, he's just like a pretty great But I mean, if you're gonna go like community, like you went with someone that that prolific in comedy, I would probably say, I don't know, I'll go with the comic. Like I think Kevin hard Is is really fun. He's a really good dude. I just appreciate him and love him so much. He's always been a solid, solid dude. So he'd be an amazing Hank because he's just such a good dude. I think Peters Tooters is hilarious. I remember he showed up to my birth one time. He grabbed the microphone from DJ booth and proceeded to roast everyone on my birthday, you know, and.
Speaker 3: It was just in real time, in real time hilarious.
Speaker 1: He goes, who are you guys? How do you know Wilmer? Alter? How you know Wilmer?
Speaker 2: Then he started, you know, going around the room. But Russell Recipeters is one of my dearest friends I went to. I went on a US SOL tour with him and we we went to a lot of countries together, we entertained troops and he did his sad and absolutely roasted everyone and it was hilarious. He's just and also a really great guy and super talented.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know how I met at your at your Christmas party? Uh, Damon Wayne's junior.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's my guy.
Speaker 4: I've been so impressed by his family man, and the stuff that his family has done collectively individually. Yeah, I just think they're so immensely talented.
Speaker 2: And Damon, uh, Damon Junior is going to work forever. He's also the next generation. He's like, you know, the new the next after for that family. You know, he's a producer. You know, he's a real comedian. He's out there at the all the clubs doing the comedy thing and oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't know who's doing Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, the laugh Factory. And he also tours all the time.
Speaker 2: He goes to like, hey, I'm gonna be in uh, you know, Dallas, Texas, you know on Saturday, where I'm gonna be in like Jacksonville blah blah blah. You know, like he's out there traveling and doing the comic route and he's really growing as that. And then he's also doing all kinds of stuff and producing and start of his own shows. And he also has the first of CBS tutors for producing and it's you know, it's made a lot.
Speaker 1: Of stuff over there.
Speaker 3: Oh nice man. Yeah, yeah, that show he had with his father, right, I mean house, How brilliant was that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just great.
Speaker 4: I just think his whole family is so immensely talented man, and and there's something about their energy and the way they carry themselves.
Speaker 2: Marlon is another great hang, He's a beautiful person, great guy, so supportive, so he he shows up. You know, he's just another really good one on the good ones.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Robin Williams, right, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, planets Robin Williams, Like if you're gonna just invite one person, I mean Robin Williams.
Speaker 4: I think he's kind of like Jim Carrey, like in his own planet, you know.
Speaker 2: And he's on you know, he's just he's going in. But uh, you know, rest in peace, Robin Williams. You know, no one did it better than him, right, I mean the dude was winning Oscars.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's pretty unbelievable. I would say Robin Williams, uh wins any of those. You know, I think he you know, he also played didn't he play a villain? And uh he did that movie.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Christopher Nolan movie uh with with Alpacino, yea Insomnia?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, so he could be one of the villains, right, He definitely can be one of those comedy actors.
Speaker 1: And one hour photo he did's one hour photo. That's what I was thinking about. Yeah, so that's really great.
Speaker 2: But we love to hear you guys thoughts, right, We have like to hear everybody who listened to this story. If so, you know, come in in comments, send us your thoughts and us your ideas. But I thank you for sticking with us. On another episode of Dose Amigos. I'm Wilmer Valdorama, I'm Freddie Rodriguez, and I'll see you in the next episode.
Speaker 4: Dose Amigos is a production from w V Sound and iHeartMedia's Michael through That Podcast Network, hosted by Me, Freddie Rodriguez and Wilmer Valdorama.
Speaker 2: Those Amigos is produced by Aaron Burleson and Sophie Spencer Zabos.
Speaker 4: Our executive producers are Wilmer Valdorama, Freddie Rodriguez, Aaron Burlson, and Leo Klem at w V Sound.
Speaker 2: This episode was shot and edited it by Ryan Posts and mixed by Sean Tracy and features original music by Madison Devenport and Halo Boy.
Speaker 4: Our cover our photography is by David Avalos and designed by Deny Holtz.
Speaker 2: Clau And thank you for being here. Third amego to appreciate you guys. Always listening to those some Egos.
Speaker 4: More podcasts from my Heart, visit the Rhart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: See you next week.