Speaker 1: And broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty Strong and.
Speaker 4: Welcome to a replay of the Armstrong and Getty Show. We are on vacation. But boy, do we have some good stuff for you. Yes, indeed we do.
Speaker 3: And if you want to catch up on.
Speaker 5: Your ang listening during your travels, remember grab the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 3: You ought to subscribe wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 4: No On with the infotainment Transform your life.
Speaker 3: Maybe you'd like to transform your life.
Speaker 4: Maybe you wouldn't transform your life in just seventy days with the seventy five Hard, which I guess has been around for a couple of years, but I hadn't heard about it till now because one of my nieces said she's doing the sick medium. She made up her own list of how she's going to do it. This is the seventy five Hard, A tactical guide to winning the war with your something or other. Before I get into some of it, what do you know about it, Katie?
Speaker 6: I know it's very difficult and it requires I think two workouts a day. You have to do one inside, one outside.
Speaker 3: You have to diet here well right right, right right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you scare.
Speaker 4: You skipped right to the one that makes everybody say, well, never mind then, because on the list you go through some of them and you think I could do that. Drink a gallon of water per day. Okay, I'm not sure that's going to do me any good, but whatever. Read ten pages of a self improvement book daily. If I get to choose the book, I can do that. Take a progress picture every day, okay, effortless, come up with a diet plan and follow it. Okay, kind of trying to do that. Two forty five minute workouts daily, one outdoors. Okay, well what else can we do? Because that ain't gonna happen. That's why none of these fitness resolutions work.
Speaker 3: You take it way too far.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna go to the gym and work out for an hour every day. You do it for a couple of days and you quit. You got a set, modestc two forty five minute workouts, Yeah, I got it, even if you've got time.
Speaker 3: Which I don't.
Speaker 4: Did be impossible, No way you're gonna do that consistently, and with.
Speaker 6: The diet, there's no cheat meals and no alcohol for seventy five days. So forget your month of no alcohol, Joe, this is seventy five days.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: One of my good friends has for years and years, with almost no exceptions, he has and he's a drinking man. He's good at it. We've gone round and round. He drinks on New Year's Eve. He does not have another drink until Saint Patrick's Day in mid March, virtually every year. I admire it. I'm not sure I want to imitate it, but I admire it.
Speaker 3: Why does he do it?
Speaker 5: Hey, physical health, emotional health, doesn't want to be dependent on alcohol.
Speaker 4: I guess same reason I do it for a little while. He just takes it a lot further. He's in good shape too, for a guy of his age. And then we have another friend, actually a great mutual friend, who when confront he's a Southern guy. When confronted with that news, he said, I haven't taken that long a break since I was eleven.
Speaker 3: It's a different way to approach life.
Speaker 5: But interestingly, in contrast to the hard seventy five in the medium sixty and the leisurely thirty.
Speaker 3: We might have.
Speaker 5: Something to talk about My daughter, my beloved twenty five year old who just today headed back to law school. Is she's using a nudgeword, which I would have mocked were my beloved daughter not doing it. And there's a piece in the Washington Post and they have a graphic that shows people unveiling their nudge word, which includes ease, pivot, wonder, pause, and bliss.
Speaker 4: You got to back up a second. Is this a term, I know, nudgeword? What is a nudgeword?
Speaker 5: Well, you're about to and I apologize. A nudgeword can help you clarify your goals. It can symbolize your values, help you set intentions and guide your actions in most, if not all, areas of your life. How do you want to be or feel? For instance, do you want to be more playful? Balanced, or compassionate?
Speaker 3: Playful?
Speaker 4: Yes, I want to be more playful. Who starts a new year? You know what I'm going to be in twenty five?
Speaker 3: Playful? More playful. You know I would not phrase it like that.
Speaker 5: I could definitely see somebody, perhaps me, saying, you know, I got to stop worrying about crap.
Speaker 3: That doesn't matter. You got to lighten the hell up about a lot of stuff. So I get it.
Speaker 5: Interestingly, though, my daughter's word that she keeps trying to mind yourself of is sustainable and not like in the environmental grita Tunberg bullcrap way. But she's telling herself, Look, don't start an exercise plan you.
Speaker 3: Can't possibly sustain. I've always been starting a diet that you can't live with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've always been big on that, and I think that is a good idea, or you know, any kind of regimen, just yeah, start with something you could actually do right, right, Start small, see how it goes.
Speaker 5: Increase a little bit. But and look, I've done the iron willed weight loss fitness thing a couple of times and it's worked.
Speaker 4: But it's not sustainable, right, and it's it's the problem with sustainable is it's so slow. You know you're gonna lose weight, but it's gonna come off really slow, but it'll come off and stay off, and people want or at a very lace you'll maintain, Yeah, anymore or you're gonna you know, you're you're gonna build muscle and look more fit. But it's gonna be real slow, and it's gonna take a while, but once you get there, it's a it's certainly nice. That's a good one. Pensive will be mine. Pensive should try to be overall more pensive in the new year.
Speaker 5: I think mine's vengeful. I'm gonna I'm gonna give people what they've earned.
Speaker 3: A Vengeful is your nudgeword. People are gonna get what's coming to them. Hit June ju Lie.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have not taken vengeance for a couple of weeks, and it's gonna be easy to give up. I'm gonna remind myself, Hey, this is my nudge work. Find somebody who's got it coming.
Speaker 3: Start small.
Speaker 4: Remember that time in high school when you did the thing to me, Well, here's here's your right. Maybe it's just a store cl clerk who's road and as you walk out you hurl a tomato adam. Start small, Start easy, yeah, yeah, anyway, sustainably vengeful.
Speaker 5: You want to hear a good one. It's a little heavy speaking of a year ending slash beginning rituals. I was reading about this dude. He's like an entrepreneur and investor. It doesn't really matter who he is, but every year. At the end of the year. His birthday happens to be December thirtieth, which I think factors in. But he does a little vacation over the holidays like many of us do. Does does do we do? And he does what he calls his pre mortem. He imagines being on his deathbed. Wow, yeah, I know, I know this is heavy, and he gets into it. He really describes, like, I imagine my body old and fragile, my breathing shallow, my life energy almost extinguished, and I try to evoke the feelings I want to have in that moment, a sense of peace, completion, and most importantly self respect. Then I asked myself, what am I going to do now to ensure that when I reach that ultimate destination, I've done what I need to do. I will feel the things I want to feel on my deathbed. And then he sets goals for the year.
Speaker 4: You know, we have a boss who actually has a quote on his wall from of all people, Keith Partridge David Cassidy, TV star of the seventies. You don't need to know, you don't need to know where you're going, you don't need to know who that is. But he was as big a star in America as you can get for a while. And on his deathbed he said, I think it was his last words. So much wasted time, and our boss has that on his wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was a resentful, bitter, alcoholic. Yeah, clung to the past and so much wasted time.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. I don't, I don't. I don't think I have that to worry about it at this point.
Speaker 4: Mast that's this guy's philosophy.
Speaker 3: What would your last words be and what do you have to do to make them? Wow? You know what, it's been great as he sailed it. That's what I want my last words to be. Nailed it.
Speaker 5: He wants a sense of peace, completion and that Look, my race is run.
Speaker 3: It was great. Good luck y'all. Or this is stressing me out. I know, big task. I know. I'll just summon my breath for one last boo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gone take one last bit of vengeance, Michael.
Speaker 3: My last words will be pass me that pizza. Yeah, one more, one more more like pizza. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: You know, reading a book by a songwriter, doesn't matter who, but he's he's big on the you know, try to create one new thing a day and how to do it.
Speaker 3: Of course, his job is writing songs, so we write songs.
Speaker 5: But nobody has ever on their deathbed said I wish I hadn't written that poem, or I wish I hadn't tried to unless it's you know, did something horrific, But go ahead and try and fail, don't don't you know be next to this entrepreneur guy thinking why didn't I at least try?
Speaker 3: So there's my.
Speaker 4: Life affirming death, fearing deathbed positive philosophy for the year. You know, the whatever that thing was with having a nudge word grateful would be a really good one to to try to stay in.
Speaker 5: But of course for everything there must be a backlash. And that's the people who somehow are so swept up in crazes they've like taken that to an extreme and and like refuse to acknowledge things that needed to be fixed in their lives. What and so I've been reading lately, there's the great the pressure to be grateful has now become so shut up but shot up shot trying to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I go into the office every day in my list the balls, and I'm it's your work.
Speaker 3: I need a name, be greatful.
Speaker 4: I want the name of where you whoever wrote that that you read that, I'm going there today. I'll get on a plane. I don't care if the weather's bad. Michael drive and I'm gonna choke them and you'll take your vengeance.
Speaker 3: It's healthy.
Speaker 4: I'm going to punch that person right in the throat. That is the most annoying. That is the single most annoying thing I've ever heard, certainly this year. You know what people take to the danger of being too grateful. I can see the headline the.
Speaker 3: Cit Oh shit, you nail it.
Speaker 5: You nailed it, and Katie I can probably get an amen out of you. See what the bitter old man doesn't understand.
Speaker 4: Is this stuff is so much more a part of young women's worlds, oh yeah, than dudes.
Speaker 5: It's like they tell this anecdote. It's actually pretty funny. I don't see if I can find it. Woman's walking through the store and they got a display of like dish towels, and the dish towels are emblazoned gratitude. And this woman's comment is all right, now, even my dish towels are badgering me.
Speaker 3: These things become such a craze.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, in ways that you know, I hear stuff like that and I think, yeah, whatever that's for you, goodbye, I'm busy. Yeah, I think it's a good idea. But if you got it on your towels, I don't know. For whatever is that's just a little too much for me.
Speaker 2: Armstrong, heyety, the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: Here's something I realized today, and I think this is the first time in twenty fifteen is now ten years ago, so probably not in the last nine and a half years. The name I heard the most as I went through all my different channels on TV and radio was not Donald Trump for the first time in nine and a half years.
Speaker 3: Wow, the Muskmelon.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk everywhere, no matter what you flip to Elon Musky line Musky line Musk, the way it was, it's always been Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump.
Speaker 3: Right now, that's part of the whole Trump thing. So it's Trump adjacent.
Speaker 5: But it's interesting, So does Trump get like thirty percent at it for each mention of Elon Musk, Because you know, it's like a pyramid scheme.
Speaker 4: He recruited Elon's exactly share of his mentions. And by the way, I'm sorry if you have more on that go. I was gonna say that I really really wanted to get to our honorary honorary general general manager, which was dudes playing women's sports. Fellas, you had a good run. You whooped up on those girls. You showed them men are better at everything, including being female athletes.
Speaker 3: You won all those medals.
Speaker 4: You stood on the grand stand with your attempt at makeup and your manly physique and jaw and the rest of it and really showed those stupid girls. But I'm afraid all good things must come to an end. It's fun while lest it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, next prisons, you know fifteen percent of female inmates or dudes.
Speaker 3: No it is not. Yes, it can't be that.
Speaker 4: Yes, all the blue stints where all you have to do is self identify just because it comes time to go into prison. You're a bad, bad dude like corn Pop and you have to go to prison, and you think, you know, I'd rather be in a chick prison than a dude prison. I mean, there ain't no girls. I've seen those prison movies. This ain't gonna be fun. Think I'll go on the prison where the girls are.
Speaker 5: You're much less likely to get your arse kicked or get shived or you know, have to get into some brutal gang to protect yourself.
Speaker 4: Sexual opportunities are a little better also as well. I was getting there. I was getting there, Valentino or what's what was the old lover? Uh?
Speaker 3: What was the the old.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter, stupid old reference. But anyway, Yeah, I was gonna get to the level. First.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure my ass doesn't get kicked. If you don't mind. Fifteen percent, that's crazy, Casanova, that's what I was looking for. Fifteen percent. I'll have to do about a bad dude.
Speaker 4: Those statistics. The Free Press was writing about that. Wow, that is something. Wow, it's insanity and the well because they've been convinced that to he woke is to be a good person, and they really want to be a good person. They really really want to be a good person, an independent thinker who asserts herself when she sees something wrong.
Speaker 3: Not so much.
Speaker 5: I want to be accepted. I want to be told I'm a good person. That's a huge percentage of population are desperate for that.
Speaker 4: So I'm not paying close attention to the whole elon Musk thing. But the way it's portrayed by the left. Tell me if I'm right or wrong. If I'm I could be wrong. If I'm wrong, that's fine. But this whole unelected bureaucrat attempting to the word they used in MSNBC yesterday, got the federal government, which is a word I love. I mean you you were using it like prejudicially to scare people. I think gut away what PCT? What a great word? Kenny, Kenny a complicate? Where do I sign up for him? Gutting the federal government? That sounds awesome. Wait a minute, honey, I need to turn this up and listen. That sounds metastic. But nobody elected him. He's been given these kingly powers to do whatever he wants. Now, Am I right or wrong about this? He's not signing any pieces of paper that can get rid of agencies or employees. He's recommending them to Trump's executive branch, and they're signing the pieces of paper.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, exactly. He is making recommendations to his boss. He is an advisor, so this is just a presidential advisor.
Speaker 4: This fits in with my This is the first time I've heard somebody's name more than Trump in nine and a half years hearing Elon's name all the time. So they must the left must feel like as a political win, making Elon Musk a bad guy is better than making Trump the bad guy, because Trump's the guy who wants this done, is ordering it, and is the then signing off on the recommendations.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, Trump just.
Speaker 4: Got elected and not only whooped tiny in the Swing States, won the electoral college handily, but won the popular vote, which really shocked Democrats. And they've been howling that he's the Antichrist and is going to come eat your infant since twenty fifteen or twenty fourteen. And so perhaps the.
Speaker 5: Smartest horses over there on the left side of the island following me are saying, look, let's go after Elon. Maybe we can get people's attention because he's rich and evil, and they like the superhero movies where there's a rich, evil super villain. Maybe we can stir people up with that they're desperate for a message.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder how well it's working. Maybe it's working. I don't know what most people think about Elon.
Speaker 2: I know what I think Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, the Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: There you lifts off these streets.
Speaker 7: DHS Secretary Christy Nome on the ground in New York City leading this early morning ice rate across the Big Apple, looking to remove violent criminals are not supposed to be in this country in the first place. Noam says she asked President Trump for this job.
Speaker 1: I said, I would like to be the Secretary of Homeland Securities, sir, because it's your number one priority.
Speaker 5: Alexis ms Adams McAdams of Fox News there with Christy Homes. One thing that really gratified me about that story yesterday was I was delighted to hear Christin Homes say we're getting these dirt bags off the streets, and there was, at least in the media. I took in none of the utterly automatic In the past few years, the.
Speaker 4: Administration is trying to characterize all immigrants as dirt bags.
Speaker 3: They're on the back foot. I think, how would you not be? I think it is sunk in.
Speaker 4: Finally, eighty five percent of Americans want criminal illegals booted out of the country. That's not a controversial issue. That's a one sided issue. As you're practically ever going to get in the United States.
Speaker 5: One thing that Jake Tappers and the David Muhrs of the world are trying to gather their courage and take deep breaths to do soon is make a big deal over Okay, when you're rounding up a Venezuelan gang member rapist and his brother who's also an illegal is there. The brother gets snatched up too and is probably going to get deported, and they will try very hard to build the narrative that they're casting too wide a ned they're bringing innocent people in blah blah blah. Again, this is squarely I think in the middle of the field that we're discussing last couple of days, which is y'all created a ginormous mess.
Speaker 3: We're kicking up a little dust.
Speaker 5: When we clean it up, quit yelling that we're the bad guys because we're kicking up dust.
Speaker 3: All right, We're way past that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know we're going to get into some of this sort of stuff. But I was looking at the New York Post story of New York City minority communities cheer ice raids. They're actually cheer on the street as they rounded up violent criminal migrants. Some of these who had been tormenting these people as obvious criminals in these neighborhoods, and they're happy to see ice cream. And these are black people and brown people are like, yeah, come in, get these scumbags out of here. As you're just hearing the dirt bags. And this morning I was watching Fox and they had the big giant military transport planes. They're really giant ones like my brother and so many of you have ridden on, you know, headed to South Arabia or whatever, filling them full of illegal criminals and sending them back to wherever the hell they came from. You talk about a win, a political win. Oh my god, what a video. Before we go on, just a quick point.
Speaker 5: The response to those immigrants cheering the roundup of these predator scumbags, the response by the people who've been in charge of America for like the last four years would have been a lave internalized white supremacy, and we would have been supposed to have taken that seriously, a bunch of lunatics. The fact that they ever had the upper hand is hurtful to me, but.
Speaker 4: It's frightening to say, yeah, yeah, it is, to see how far off track you can get sometimes, but the up Trump has solved Germany's immigration problems or damn near Seriously, it's crazy, stay tuned for that. But in terms of a political win, the videos of loading up illegals on giant planes and flying the back and then how about the whole if you followed this over the weekend when the president of Columbia said you can't send them here, and then Trump had to threaten them with the tariffs and a bunch of different stuff, and then the Columbian person. How about countries that say, no, don't send them here. They're bad people, we don't want them. When does that ever happen for a country refuses to take back their own citizens.
Speaker 5: Well, and speaking of narratives that should have been slapped out of the public conversation as quickly as possible, the idea that Trump is wrong about them being criminals and gang members, how dare he disparage.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: So you go to Venezuela, you go to Columbia, you go to mex even in a lot of cases, and say hey, these are your nationals. You need to take them back, and they're like, whoa, no, no, these are dangerous scumbags.
Speaker 3: We don't want them. You got to keep them.
Speaker 4: Okay, a little more from Alexis McAdams speaking of the sort of folks we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Forty one, please, Michael.
Speaker 7: This was a multi agency effort that ended in several arrests, including this Venezuelan illegal migrant whose sources day is part of the South American gang trende Aragua taken in. I'm kidnapping, assault and burglary charges. DHS says Anderson Zembrono Pacheco was hiding out in the Bronx and had a warrant out for his arrest in connection to this takeover at an apartment complex in Aurora, Colorado.
Speaker 4: Violent violent, horrible guy that the government knew exactly what sort of violent, horrible guy he was, and they weren't going to boot him out because of the weird crazy fanciful were a sanctuary city, sanctuary state and nonsense. You're going to put your own citizens at risk in their own neighborhoods for your strange ideology.
Speaker 3: That makes no sense, right right.
Speaker 5: I'm sorely tempted to replay the opening clip with Brandon Johnson and Chicago.
Speaker 3: Why don't you explain what it.
Speaker 4: Is before we hear it, so people understand because it's a good one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it's explained in context. I think Johnson, as a far lefty, has been proudly decrying any immigration raids and saying that America is a sanctuary city and the ICE was just in Chicago and rounded up some truly dangerous scumbags. And this is a reporter asking him, asking him about it.
Speaker 8: Tom Holman showed up in Chicago and within twenty four hours found a convicted sex offender who has been living in our city since two thousand and nine, flouting the sex offender registry. If he can do this, why can't you.
Speaker 3: That is their job.
Speaker 9: Our jobs not to chasm response, to make sure that individuals who are undocumented, who have been charged with convicted of a crime. It is the federal government's responsibility to do their pardoner pold the law.
Speaker 4: The people of Chicago, California, Los Angeles, all kinds of different places should be so outraged at their leadership that they're forced from office over this sanctuary nonsense. Yes, absolutely, it is nonsense. It's outrageous, it's dangerous, it's perverse. Speaking of which, and the theme being all of those arguments that were thrown at us for years, when we you folks like us, just said, look, I don't care how many brown people are here or whatever the hell. We have laws, we need to enforce the laws, or what we have is lawlessness. We don't want lawlessness. Now you're a racist. You just don't like brown people. Here's William Lauginess reporting from Mexico. How they feel about all the elie leagals in Mexico.
Speaker 6: Fifty Michael, It's a huge problem in our neighborhood. The noise, the contamination, the garbage, the violence.
Speaker 10: Longtime Mexico City resident Hugo Sanchez, whose child has a heart condition, is fed up with illegal immigrants in Mexico. He's worried the government resources will be diverted to deal with migrants, the fake they defecate and urinate in public, says neighbor and retiree Letitia Melendez, who hope President Trump will help Mexico close its southern border.
Speaker 4: He may have some influence with our government, so together they can solve the problem. I think you're wrong about this. I think natural born US citizens defecate in public at a higher rate than illegals according to a Harvard study in the case of drug abuse, but one more all when they use the E word. In clip fifty one, Michael, it's the eye word. Cover your ears if you're sensitive a key stick.
Speaker 10: Francisco Rosas lives near a migrant camp housing mostly Cubans, Haitians, and Venezuelans. He calls the migrant influx an invasion and worries about the drug and alcohol abuse.
Speaker 3: He sees, we.
Speaker 4: Don't know these people where they come from, if they have a criminal record.
Speaker 3: Most are unemployed because they don't do anything. Oh my god. The racism, The racism. He use the I word invasion.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Well, we've been right along. You've been right all along. It's got to be at least somewhat comforting.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm not feeling that much comfort I am. I'm feeling fear that we got so off track. I can't believe that we that It disturbs me how easily a minority opinion can win if they're highly motivated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna describe it as a small but aggressive minority who are willing to to use strong moral arguments and ruin lives, making the claim that anybody who opposes them is an awful human being, and how effective they were in spite of the complete illogic of their point of view. It is disturbing, especially in a country like this that at least, you know, ostensibly has the free exchange of ideas and free speech. I want to talk more about that down the road, but the idea that a group of extremist crack pots have successfully, for instance, gotten you can choose to be a man or a woman into our nation's elementary schools is horrifying.
Speaker 4: I don't know, that's pretty crazy, but I don't know. If it's crazier then no, No, we're not going to turn over a rapist to ice because we're so up with illegal immigration or something.
Speaker 3: I don't even understand your philosophy.
Speaker 5: Well right, if you try to spell it out in simple declarative sentences, you just you can't in a way that makes any sense.
Speaker 3: But it was the winning.
Speaker 4: Theory among the people that matter for quite a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the argument that well, are immigrant communities, they need to know they can trust the police, et cetera, et cetera. There is some truth to that, and I get that, But when you see the rubber meet the road, and the folks in those communities so glad. The predators and the rapists and the murderers that allegedly they were afraid to report when they see them remove, they're so joyful. I mean, that tells you the lie. But always remember this, these that small vicious minority that is trying to silence you or tell you white people shouldn't talk, or that you're a bigoter transphobe. If you don't want the gendervating maness tauught in schools, how they will ruin you. Always remember this and this, quoting James Lindsay, Marxists just lie. They lie so overtly and blamely that people begin to question their own perceptions. It works because no one expects another person to lie so overtly. They use words and arguments as weapons. They're not trying to reach some sort of meeting of the minds.
Speaker 4: They want you to back up, shut up, and let them take over whatever. Oh I need to explain how Trump has solved Germany's immigration situation.
Speaker 3: Maybe after the commercials. This is all very good.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a harshen my mellow though on this. The Chinese New year to begin the Year of the Snake, which I'm very excited about because I am a snake. When I sit down at a Chinese restaurant and look over the little chart where it tells you what you are based on your birth year, I am a snake, so it's my year.
Speaker 3: Michael's always saying that about you. So yeah, Happy Chinese New Year, the Year of the Snake.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have American tradition, Jack, the snake is seen to be what likewise and smart, I don't know, slithery or something.
Speaker 3: It's a middle aged is this superstition.
Speaker 4: I'll probably door dash Pan Express for the kids tonight in honor of the Chinese New Years.
Speaker 3: That's the proper way to celebrate it is. That's Pan Express Chinese culture.
Speaker 4: Uh maybe I will just use my iPhone made in China or some cheap plastic Chinese crap also made in China.
Speaker 3: Also to honor the Year of the Snake. Maybe raise a glass.
Speaker 5: With all sorts of people who've been put out of work by our importation of cheap Chinese crap.
Speaker 3: Hey no, Jack.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Getty Show, The arm Strong and Getdy.
Speaker 4: Show, apparently didn't talk until students screaming in the background.
Speaker 3: We were scanning stop the bus. We were just like getting mad over the little stuff.
Speaker 4: He was getting mad over little stuff. That's the kids in a nine to one one call? Who nine one one? Did one of the kids called nine one one as a school bus seventy two year old bus driver arrested for driving drunk with the kids in the bus.
Speaker 5: That's yes, they called nine one one because the drunk ass bus driver wouldn't stop at any of the stops.
Speaker 4: That's a pretty old bus driver to start with. And you're getting up there, I mean twenty seventy two year olds and can drive fine, but they getting pretty up there in terms of reaction time and all that sort of stuff. Uh, and drunk, and so you wouldn't stop at the stops. He had to be really drunk, ragging it to kids and the rest of it, and just yeah, he wasn't just I'm gonna have a quick one because I can't handle the nan and the kids today.
Speaker 3: He was hammered.
Speaker 4: Yeah, reminds me of when I ride the school bus every single day for uh, like my entire school career both ways.
Speaker 3: And we had a Gladys of telling.
Speaker 4: The story from the way back in the cars. The harps out, thank you, Gladys. Gladys went to school in a horse drawn carriage, just like my dad. Uh. One time we had a school bus driver, like for one day maybe, and he was like Otto from the Simpsons. I'm atto and I love But there was this one like dip in a road and he would hit it really fashioned. We'd all sit in the back of the it's coming up and we'd all move to the back seat carson seatbelts, and he sat in the back and he'd hit it and we'd all fly like three feet in the air. Wow. We thought it was hilarious. But he was only bus driver for a couple of days. I think I wonder if he was drunk, he might have been well.
Speaker 5: And that speaks to a certain attitude about life, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Doing that that is.
Speaker 5: You know, might not square with being the classic school bus driver.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, the school bus was so like Lord of the Flies though. And I don't actually know if I think that is better for me or it's I don't know, but it was definitely Lord of the Flies. I mean, you had to you had to learn to navigate lots of different situations. It could be scary and uh and very intimidating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, toward the back of the house, and nobody cared. That's just the way it was.
Speaker 4: Christopher Hitchins in his memoir he was talking about how there was so much bullying and beatings from the teachers and everything like that when he went to private school as a kid in England and its sexual assault, sexual assault, and in his book he says he thinks that society was better when they had some of that. He hated it at the time. I don't know that I'm willing to go there, but I can kind of see the point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 5: Grim assessment and a difficult conversation to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty darmned interesting. Actually, the latest.
Speaker 5: Internet trend, Jack, because everything's got to be an Internet trend, is shockingly being responsible. They're calling it no by twenty twenty five, in which e y or be you y, be you hy Okay. That's good, good clarification. Those are homonyms. As we say in the HOMINYM business business. The trend is to reduce spending and payoff debt amid rising inflation and economic uncertainty. Individuals are cutting back on none essential purchases, focusing on using up existing products and implementing strategies like Project PAN to minimize spending.
Speaker 3: I don't know about this trend.
Speaker 4: Can I just whistle the national anthem with a mouthful of eggs or something?
Speaker 3: Does it have to be?
Speaker 5: This one's not nearly as much fun as that, Jack so, And of course it's hot on Instagram and TikTok as. Everything is people displaying instead of what they've bought. Now great it is they're displaying how they're buying nothing. The no buy twenty twenty five trend encourages people to purchase as little new stuff as possible.
Speaker 3: I would love this if I thought it could catch on.
Speaker 4: It just it runs counter to you know, human nature of you know, pleasure. But it'd be awesome if, for whatever reason, people decide no stuff is a bad Buying stuff is a bad idea. Planning ahead is is the best way to get pleasure. That'd be great if that happen. I just don't know if I believe it.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I think it's more specific that And I found myself wondering whether this is another example of how the breezes have definitely changed in America because a lot of it when again in the specific examples, is this Gal Rachel, part time nurse, stay at home mom. She came across these no buy videos and she wanted to pay off her family's ten thousand dollars credit card debt, and she and her husband wanted to stop living paycheck to paycheck. So she's cutting out hair treatments, manicures, and unnecessary purchases like new water bottles.
Speaker 3: It's been very empowering to live within our means.
Speaker 5: They paid down their debt and are living like financially responsible human beings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all those things you just mentioned you probably shouldn't be buying if you're got a ten thousand dollars credit card bill. Absolutely. So again, it's kind of goofy and JIV that it's a TikTok trend like everything. But if the trend is people living within their means, reducing their debt and getting rid of luxuries they can't afford, I'm not going to condemn it. How about the trend of how long can you hold your hand over a candle? I think that'll probably get were owling. You remember owling that was really armstrong and Getty