Speaker 1: Bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, not tell me what, Hello the Internet, it's me Jack.
Speaker 2: Welcome to season three oh five, Episode two of.
Speaker 1: Dalysi Guy Stay production of iHeart Radio. This is the podcast where we take a deep dive into the lyrics of Crossroads by Bone, Thugs and Harmony and also America's share consciousness. It is Wednesday, September twentieth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, hey, no punch Day. Don't be a don't be a bully and say, hey, you know what Today's National Punch Day, National Care for Kidsday, National Fried Rice Day, National String Cheese Day, and Pepperoni Pizza Day.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, all right, Big Big Mozzarella has a lock on Stember twentieth.
Speaker 2: Damn no, they're doing a lot today too. You keep the string cheese at the house.
Speaker 1: Do you keep string teaes on you for the kids?
Speaker 2: Are they still now?
Speaker 1: They are?
Speaker 2: Our kids don't like cheese?
Speaker 1: This is crazy, okay, they like they're lactose intolerant or something.
Speaker 2: They're crazy for that so weird?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, they My my seven year old doesn't like cheese, and we don't really keep it makes sense.
Speaker 2: It makes sense, it does.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien aka, so train me and pay for me one hundred and sixty million dollar plane for me, Suit me up and give me the controls because I'm yeading this here jet plane. Don't know if I will be detained at thirty five. Just had to go. That is courtesy of Willie Kay on the Discord. Nailed it the In terms of the writing, I did not got my phrasing went off a little bit. But uh for you, sir, boying or spring the sound of an arrow hitting a bullseye. I don't know how to make a sound of an arrow hitting a bull That doesn't imply that my dick is getting hard. That just sounds like I'm trying to do boner. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 2: Of trying to do boner. Uh, sitting in the theater bathing big cloud, singing the beetle juice, laid bang with my hands on my boyfriend that must be down on the mayor. Shout out to Hack on the Discord for that lower Bulbert verse. You know what I mean? Wow? How do how do I do?
Speaker 1: Bob bars? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Bow bars? As we say yeah, bo Bar is the King of the Elephants.
Speaker 1: Well, Miles, We're thrilled to be joining our thirty seat by a brilliant, talented writer podcaster who you know from publications such as The New York Times, The New York or The New York Review of Books.
Speaker 2: G EQ I haven't heard of any of these.
Speaker 1: One of one of the co hosts of the legendary podcasts Girls in Hoodies and Night Call, and the writer, creator and host of the legendary podcast Heidi World The Heidi Fly Story.
Speaker 2: Please welcome back to the show, Molly Lambert pep are you to get.
Speaker 3: Out of the way, trying to match trying to match the chaotic energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get out of the way.
Speaker 3: Get out of the way, because I'm on the.
Speaker 1: Third mic oh Man, I just discovered how far off I was on on Crossroads lyrics. I heard that song a thousand times.
Speaker 3: The sound of a boner is shwing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's because in the nineties.
Speaker 2: And what about.
Speaker 3: Sound spraying is the sound of like when you get ejected from a seat in a spraying?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And what's boil a plane emergency seat's like, so.
Speaker 1: What what's the best sound effect for an arrow hitting a bullseye.
Speaker 3: The sound of a penis getting erecked.
Speaker 1: Oh it's the same, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're showing it up, showing low. What about the crossroads, though, Jack, because we really are messing with deform by starting his head south thinking there's a party easy sees Uncle Charlie.
Speaker 1: But it is not that. It's ah, it is that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's not. It's it's let's all bring it in for Wally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's all bring it in for Wally. Easy sees Uncle Charlie. And I thought it said, and it proves that God's got him, like he sees Uncle Charlie in his mind's eye and the third eye, and that proves that God's got him. But instead it's little Boo. But God's got him And I'm gonna miss every everybody. Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Where do we go? What the what is up? And yeah, it's better. It's actually a better.
Speaker 1: I like the version of my head better. I'm gonna stop looking at the crossroads lyrics.
Speaker 2: Those are merely.
Speaker 3: Actually capturing the rye at the end when he's like I'm going to miss everybody.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to miss everybody, and I'm going.
Speaker 3: To miss everybody. My teacher tried to molest me sort of in love with my sister. My name is.
Speaker 1: A bunch of lousy phonies and a bunch of lousy phonies and a bunch of lousy phonies.
Speaker 2: All right, well, there's no well, I.
Speaker 3: Miss my weird.
Speaker 1: School shaves twice, shaves twice.
Speaker 3: That you guys like your niche content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we like to shed as many listeners as possible in the first three minutes.
Speaker 1: To get them the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: I'm here to make me laugh, So it's only our true barnacles that are still attached to the whole of this scene.
Speaker 1: We're not here to make fans.
Speaker 2: We're we're here to identify other people who have similar deficient mental illnesses, and then we come together in this place called the Daily. And I missed my uncle Charles? Is that?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Is that? How drunk boyfriend came up the other day was from missing talking about how I think.
Speaker 2: I think they were the original I think Yeah, Matt was talking about bone thugs and said that partner, and then we can't we can't help but do the drunk way.
Speaker 1: I hear about someone's uncle Charles who died out of nowhere. Just they haven't mentioned Uncle Charles before. I am going to think of drunk drunk boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Will you fill me in on drunk boyfriend.
Speaker 1: It's an SNL sketch where one.
Speaker 2: Of the things, it's like at one of those commercials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the things that drunk boyfriend does is start crying about a relative that you've never heard, that he's never mentioned before, and then he just cuts him, being.
Speaker 2: Like my uncle. It was like meant to be a drunk boyfriend. It was Kyle Mooney and then what was it, Sam Let's his face? Sam Rockwell, Sam Rockwell, And it was like it was basically like an animatronic humanoid doll that would be like your drunk boyfriend that you would have to take care of.
Speaker 3: Was this one of those like final quadrant of SNL when they just start doing the weird ones.
Speaker 1: No, I think this was one of the early like this.
Speaker 3: Was like the first sketch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like the fake commercial block.
Speaker 2: Yeah that usually came right after the monologue, right, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: It's so incredible that the variation in quality over that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, jarring, I am jarred excuse.
Speaker 3: When you're watching the end sometimes and and you're like, damn, they really haven't had a have It made me laugh in like fifteen minutes. And then there's just like a really weird sketch at the end that they left side really.
Speaker 2: Right right right, Well, what if they let them do all.
Speaker 3: The funny sketches instead of Lord.
Speaker 2: Michael's coming in at like the zero hour.
Speaker 3: Eleven twenty nine and before like everyone's material is cut except for Pete Davidson.
Speaker 1: My good boy did a cheerleader sketch.
Speaker 2: It was funny how like in a bad episode you would pray for that card to come up and you're like, is it the outros yet? And you would hear that little bit of piano go booom, and you're like, oh god, that's everyone. Wow, you were made it to the end.
Speaker 1: You were a prisoner to that show.
Speaker 3: Oh okay. We had a really jam packed Saturday night sketch, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had places to go, but I had to complete SNL.
Speaker 2: I was watching snick and then watching SNL like we're pretending and we weren't up that late. That was my Saturday night in the nineties.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, Molly, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell her listen to a couple of things we're talking about. We're gonna check them with private Equity. We're gonna check them with Rudy Giuliani, on whom it just keeps raining.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: I just want to narrate the whole thing. And then we're gonna talk about that lost F thirty five and just the entire history of the F thirty five jet program. It's the real winner. Yeah, all of that, plenty more. But first, Molly Lambert, we do like to ask our guests, as you well know, Hey, Molly, was something for yoursearch history that's revealing about.
Speaker 3: Who you are? Well? Right now, it's Crossroads by Bone Tuk Bone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You did point out that the actually the first lyrics of the song are bone bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone, bone.
Speaker 3: Bone, bone, bone bone. I'm also just reading about remembering about the video that there's a part where there's like a newborn baby that's died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and people love when newborn babies die and their music videos and.
Speaker 3: The reader takes them all to heaven.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, isn't there one part where like someone touches the dude's eyes and no, they touched the forehead and the eyes go black and oh that's right. That's how you know that God's got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That to me, I was like, I don't know if I want God to get me like that. That seems pretty.
Speaker 3: Look I'll be I'll be real. I won't pretend to have looked up something cool. The most recent thing I searched for was the pop star Tate McCray, who has a viral TikTok song, because.
Speaker 2: I was like, who is Ta McCray, please help?
Speaker 3: She has a viral TikTok song. Her name is Tate McCray okay, and she's a Canadian pop star, and so the video is set in a hockey rink.
Speaker 2: Because it's about oh hell yeah, she's.
Speaker 3: Getting getting back at her hockey player boyfriend who just cheated on her.
Speaker 2: Oh no, wow, I've never seen someone look more like their name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look more like a Canadian pop star named Tate mccrean. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I was like, if you just showed me, like, who's this person, I'm like, that's Tate McRae, Canadian pop star.
Speaker 3: She's bf Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but she just had a song.
Speaker 3: That went really viral on TikTok and so I was like a person. The song is called Greedy, and it's like.
Speaker 1: The video looks like it is a Canadian spoof of Hit Me Baby One More Time.
Speaker 3: It does look like that. It's really funny.
Speaker 1: It's like, what if Hitnie Baby One More Time? But Canada.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of, It's like if the Grimes video wasn't fascist. It's like, I like when there's like a like a sports.
Speaker 2: Oh like that that first video she had like at the Monster Track rally or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where she was like I love Arenas Yo.
Speaker 2: Wait where did they shoot this video? Is she based in La.
Speaker 3: Tate McCrae, Yeah, recognize, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is where. This is where we used to play hockey and Bourbank. I think they shoot everything there, like Pickwick Yeah yeah, the Pickwick Ice shirts, the Pickwick Ice skating place. I'd have to see if I just went.
Speaker 3: There for the first time. Dang. Yeah. There was a big hockey boom in Los Angeles because of the Kings.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you know this.
Speaker 3: But children of the Valley loved to go play hockey in a climate where hockey has never been played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true. It's it's so true. And uh, who else I remember the other Fate Like I think I was like, honestly, I think it was one of the first black and players to ever play hockey. Because this was like in the fucking eighties. I was getting on the ice and then Kurt Russell and Goldie.
Speaker 3: You were like, you just improved the game one thousand percent.
Speaker 2: We were such a ragtag group. It was like us like some Armenian kids, some Canadian kids who's like parents, were like straining the platform. Mighty Ducks, by the way, yeah, exactly exactly, the blazing group.
Speaker 1: This coach came back.
Speaker 2: He had just got one of them was girl no Crazy. Two Mexican kids, Jose and Joel Yo. We were the team. Photo looked fucking lit. I don't know what this is a movie? Yeah it was, and it was a literally the Mighty Ducks.
Speaker 3: But also it should be a movie about you and your ragtag group of valley friends.
Speaker 2: Going to New England and getting real hockey.
Speaker 3: Playing against the Wrench kids who have all the hockey gear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, exactly right.
Speaker 1: Minnesota, They're just like mean Canadians, like just people people want to root against Canadian.
Speaker 3: This video is funny because it's like, I like, I've never seen anyone do the aesthetics of hockey and a pop music video before, and it's like so Canadian obviously. But there's a part where she's wearing like a goalie glove. It's like she's dressed like sexy, but she's.
Speaker 1: Wearing like pieces of hockey gear.
Speaker 3: It's really funny. Yeah, it's like she's wearing like like a crop top and basketball shorts kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like this lone old like like Gordy Howe hockey glove. She's like holding that. I'm like, yo that she is so.
Speaker 1: Okay, like Jason Boordhees's hockey gear is a little Yeah, it's really funny.
Speaker 3: It looks like like the Thanos glove or whatever too. It's just like it's like not sexy. And then she's driving a zamboni.
Speaker 1: Jamie Jamie Jamie Loftus's influence is felt across much of the pop music landscape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very Jamie loft Is coated of MraY.
Speaker 1: It's kind of funny, Like the last shot being heard driving a Zamboni like very like in a very weird like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like about being confident and sassy taking control.
Speaker 1: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: It's funny, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like a good it's a pretty good song. I heard it on TikTok a million times and I was like, what is this?
Speaker 1: And now I know it's Tate mcgraham. Now our listeners know, and that is the sort of ship that they were not going to hear from us. I can tell you that, bunch. So this is a great search history you are bringing. I'm bringing Popcorner.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just like.
Speaker 3: Usually the things. Okay, can I tell you the other thing I looked up? This is more on the type of thing I normally look up. But I found out that well maybe whatever, I'll never mind. I'll tell you guys later.
Speaker 2: Okay. I like that, And I want to make this.
Speaker 3: Part go too long. I'll bring it up in the jet fuel part.
Speaker 1: Okay, that jet fuel doesn't melt.
Speaker 2: Nine eleven was last week. What's going on?
Speaker 1: All right, Molly? What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: You know what? It's controversial and I don't even know if I believe this. I'm gonna say it to become diversial pumpkin spice.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, wait what do you mean? Oh so you don't? Are you kind of ambivalent?
Speaker 3: No, I'm drinking one right now.
Speaker 2: Oh wow? And how are you feeling?
Speaker 1: What do you drinking? It's kind of blinking in and out of existence.
Speaker 3: I'm drinking something La colombe disgusting. It's good. It's like disgusting and good with a la column canned pumpkin spice latte from Trader Joss.
Speaker 2: And why does it have you feeling overrated and underrated at the same time? You seem comfused?
Speaker 3: But I think it's like I like the idea of pumpkin spice a lot, you know, and then a lot of the times the products like don't hit very well. Like I was, like, the actual pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks is pretty disgusting.
Speaker 2: Mm so what do you as an what do you like about it as a concept? More just like that Fall has a flavor and you're fucking with Fall, or that you actually do like that combo of like nutmeg and cinnamon and all that shit.
Speaker 3: Fall has a flavor and I fuck with Fall. Okay, I do like the combo of nutmeg I like that fall is represented by like a squash kind of seems sunny gang. Yeah, yeah, gord Gang. I think it's just like there's a platonic ideal of pumpkin spice that exists only in my mind.
Speaker 1: Right, So the execution of pumpkin spice is yeah overrated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of people are just.
Speaker 3: Like, when we threw some cinnamon on it, now it's a pumpkin spice flavor.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, right, this thing, this gioza that you ordered at the Ramen well.
Speaker 3: Also, yeah, it's gotten out of control. I want to trade. I think that's what I mean too. I went to Trader Joe's the other day and I was like, they made too many things pumpkin spice. Now nobody needs pumpkin spice cream cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need they do this thing.
Speaker 1: I actually I hate to them for you. I might need that.
Speaker 3: Oh no, you don't know.
Speaker 1: I might need that. Actually, no, you don't.
Speaker 3: One my one, like New York jew hardline thing is like no sweet bagels.
Speaker 1: Right right, that's a doughnut cinnamon raisin.
Speaker 3: No, that's a donut. Don't eat a donut.
Speaker 1: Even with some savory some pumpkin spice.
Speaker 3: Who said that. Somebody said that.
Speaker 2: Wait, but wasn't like a viral fucking bagel that people were trying to get that was like I had the cinnamon raisin with locks.
Speaker 3: Like they were like, right, it wasn't that like the mayor of New York said it was his favorite or something.
Speaker 2: Oh, is that what it was?
Speaker 1: Eric Adams?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like Eric Adams or somebody.
Speaker 2: Bloomberg or no, Cynthia Nixon. Yeah, it was Cynthia Nixon when she was running and we tried Cynthia Nixon's controversial bagel order, and yeah, cinnamon raisin with locks locks, cream cheese, tomatoes, onion capers on a cinnamon raisin.
Speaker 1: It's just fucking crazy, you have. She'd been famous for too long.
Speaker 3: She's trying to be like, I'm a real New Yorker, New Yorker and then she's like this is what I eat.
Speaker 1: And everybody was like, mano, cimm raisins. Like, not only are they not in theory what a bagel should be, they're also not popular. Like when you do a dozen bagels, like the one that's always left over is cinnamon raisin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, didn't.
Speaker 3: You just say you'd try the pumpkin spiced cream cheese, though, like, which side do you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 2: It's both.
Speaker 1: It's succi while one like, wow, Okay, I like sweet things and if if there's sweetness on the menu and I'm in the mood for a little sweet sweet treat, little sweetie, I'll go with it. But it does seem like cinnamon raisin is just unpopular. It's something that the cinnamon and raisin, big cinnamon and big raisin have come together to try to make happen for far too long.
Speaker 3: Pumpkin spice cream cheese is ungodly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also zegang. If you're like, if you can help me understand why this is not an abomination, please let me know. I'm curious. But if not, I don't know. I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and do an underrated We'll be right back and we're back, and Molly Lambert, we do like to ask our guests what is something from what is something from your search history? Also, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Okay? Underrated? Every time I come, I only do food things vanilla ice cream? Did I say this one last time?
Speaker 2: Or am I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling it again.
Speaker 2: Doesn't know. I don't think you have I think you may. I remember talking about this, but I don't know. This could be a universal underrated.
Speaker 3: Potentially Yeah, maybe I was getting deja voo.
Speaker 2: Under it's a clitchen the matrix, thank.
Speaker 3: You, underrated vanilla ice.
Speaker 1: Cream speak on it?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it hard ice cream? Is it the soft serve? Is it all the above?
Speaker 2: A French is my birthday?
Speaker 3: The other day?
Speaker 1: Hey, happy bread?
Speaker 3: Thank you? And the guy at the diner heard me and my friend talking about how it was my birthday at midnight and then brought us a little vanilla ice cream with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles, just like, oh hey, I heard you say it was your birthday. Happy birthday. It's like something I would never have ordered, but it was so fucking good and I was just like, damn vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 4: The same thing happened to me on Friday on my birthday. What yes, Happy birthday by the dude brought out a little like one like one of them stainless steel saucers with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it. Nope, there was no whip cream or other shit, but just like hooked it up.
Speaker 2: It was like, hey, man, for your birthday, I thank you and I ate that shit soaked. I don't know why. I don't know if it was maybe like the meaning behind it, but it was probably one of the most delicious vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 3: It was so good that yesterday I went to Foster's Freeze and ordered a vanilla ice cream Sunday because.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, have vanilla ice cream Sunday. It's just vanilla ice cream with like melted vanilla ice cream sauce on top.
Speaker 3: No, no, just like vanilla with hot fudge and vanilla on it.
Speaker 1: Vanilla ice cream is the greatest, like bass, that's.
Speaker 3: What I mean. I think it's just like it's as a base, it holds toppings incredibly, and I think, you know, I think we get caught up in these flavors. Pumpkin spice, you know, I think that's what I mean. It's like pumpkin spice. You're like imagining this incredible flavor, and it's like vanilla is right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, there has been for us all along.
Speaker 2: When there's a little bit of vanilla Philippic vanilla bean that sit feels like the height of classic ice.
Speaker 1: There. Yeah, only respects I will allow in my food.
Speaker 2: Otherwise it's probably moldy.
Speaker 3: People say, like like people talk about like vanilla sex, It's like, oh what it's like delicious.
Speaker 2: Really like the foundation of all other great sexes, the most versatile sex that you're like kind of always in the mood. Oh, I'm sorry that my sex was universally appealing hard in me. I didn't know. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, it wasn't more niche and unappealing, like a.
Speaker 2: Cinnamon raisin bagel with locks. Is that the kind of sex, right?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's like a warm hug from cold ice of the soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shut ice cream?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, like vanilla ice cream. We got holler atus, please.
Speaker 1: Holler, come on sponsor our show. Vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 3: Vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 1: I mean that sounds like it could be a jingle written.
Speaker 2: By ice cream vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you should just go have some vanilla ice cream. Man, it's pretty easy to get. All right, shall we talk about what do you want to talk about? You want to talk about private equity?
Speaker 2: This was this is interesting. I saw a headline that was allow me to pull up the exact headline, because I was like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: It said, can private equity be ellipses nice? And I was like, what the fuck is this? And it's an interview by Enslate by Magan Greenwell where she interviews one of the heads of kk R, which is this like private equity firm that just bought the publisher Simon and Schuster, And kk R is doing something that is kind of unheard of in the private equity world. They're offering employees of the companies they purchase an ownership state and you're like, wait, what the what, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: They basically built in a deal where part of like the total equity of the company gets put aside for employees, and higher earning employees have the option to buy like additional equity if they want, but everyone gets a piece for free. And the idea here is that when the company sells or goes public, everybody gets a little taste of something, not just the C suite, which is like normal.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like tech companies have been doing that with like stock like get allowing employees to like have stock and stuff like that for a while, but then when it comes time to like actually distribute it, they always like find a way to Like these things are tied to like forty page contracts, the thing employees aren't going to have time to like read or like you know, have their legal teams like pour over. Like some of some of the examples is like a trucking company, Like these truckers don't have fucking legal teams to like pour over. No, make sure they're not getting fucked over.
Speaker 2: But like so this one they're golden goose. Of an example is this company called chi overhead Doors, where the private equity firm bought them. Everyone had their steak and when they sold, an average of one hundred and seventy five thousand was like distributed to the to the like rank and file employees. Some longtime truck drivers they say made as much as eight hundred thousand, and like even in speaking to them, like these truck drivers are like, yeah, it's cool, like I made the money. And also when you have a stake in it, you actually begin to see the inefficiencies in your own business. He's like I used to get forty cents a mile no matter where I drove, and I didn't care because more miles meant more money. But when I realized that that could affect the sale price of the company, then we started actually optimizing things. So it's like a very fucking like double edged sword here, because overall makes no sense given what private equity is about, and like they're bloodlust for just chopping down the workforce to just you know, lower in the name of lowering costs. But they say the private equit say it's win win. It says workers get the chance for big payout in a voice in company decisions. Not really, and investors get increased staff engagement and retention, which in turn creates higher profits. So the optimistic read on this is that it's an attempt to trying to make capitalism a little more worker friendly. The cynical version is that this is just corporate. This is like a corporate whitewashing scheme, and it's meant for people to be like, oh, this is like this could actually benefit people. In the interview the guy from the firm, he's using a lot of maybees and might bees when it comes to this becoming like a huge payout for people, and it's all nice and like a hypothetical context. But the outcomes begin to differ based on what happens even like when the equity firm exits the company, like do they go private? Do they sell it to another firm? And then what happens there? Does that next firm even give a fuck? So I think that, you know, it seems like they're one example of like the truck drivers making eight hundred k, like the ownership stake incentivized workers to just start cutting down on their own rather than the private equity firm coming in and doing it. And I think the other thing is that it's huge for retention, which seems to be a huge cost of when a like a new ownership you know team comes in, it just fucking they're like, mat, fuck this place, I'm out of here. But not like what if we give you a piece and now they don't have to cycle through thousands of employees to retain and train them. So to me, it seems like a very elegant way of like cost savings while appearing to be doing the right thing, because not everyone's going to get paid out eight hundred thousand dollars, like one example, they sort of parade around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, there are probably versions of capitalism that work right.
Speaker 3: Now, there are none.
Speaker 1: No, there's not, Like there's probably like a handful of times that, but like there are millions. They stumble upon opportunities for it to work. It's called accidental socialism if any right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, socialism works. It doesn't work because how you have to explain somebody for it to exist, right, so somebody gets somebody has to get fucked. Oh yeah, function. The other thing that there's no it existing without somebody getting fucked the like.
Speaker 2: In this interview too, when like you know, very pointedly, this journalist is asking like why don't you just raise wages like when you come in, like how about that to keep employees? Like what what doesn't that work? And then they use this I gotta like.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't be writing this article if we did that.
Speaker 2: Probably what they're.
Speaker 3: Also I know, Megan Greenwell shout out Megan Greenwell.
Speaker 1: Yeah is that who wrote this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And she understood, she's got she knows.
Speaker 2: She's writing a book right now about how private equity fucks workers. Like, so she didn't go into this interview being like this is going to be great, Like it's there's a lot of really pointed questions.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Kim Stanley Robinson like talks about how the like profit inherently, like profit is the only goal of any of this shit, and profit inherently is exploitive because it's like getting more than your fair share. Yeah, that's that's the point of profit. That's what profit means.
Speaker 2: So in this they asked like, why don't you just like raise the salary, like like that's the easy way to go, and he says like, look, you know, we we manage all kinds of people's money. We including teachers, teachers retirement funds. We also manage wealthy people's money. So I don't want a cherry pick, but I'm just giving you a flavor for why this is so tricky. If you're managing teachers pension money and you want to just raise everyone's salary, that is on the backs of the teachers, which is not ethical and it's not our money, and that's like the fucking rationality used to just hide behind that to be like then the tea, that's the tea, it's the teachers.
Speaker 1: We're actually doing it for the teachers of America.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Like like you come away from this interview is still kind of being like okay, like this seems not like a win win. It seems like a win maybe win if the environmental factors are precisely correct.
Speaker 3: It's like what they're giving you a cut of a company that they're about to run into the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they say, if if you guys can figure out how to save money, even better, because then we don't have to be we don't have to just start doing layoffs.
Speaker 3: Like what's happening in Hollywood right now too. It's like the thing that was happening in publishing where they run all the big companies, like your old school publishers like Simon and Schuster into the ground, and then.
Speaker 1: The company that just bought some.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, they're talking to the people who just bought them from. I think like it was like a carve out from Paramount or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they know how to plan.
Speaker 3: Their plan is to is to extract profits and get the fuck out of there. It's all and run all the way down.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. And it's wild too because when this guy says like, we're not just here just purely for profits, I'm like, this is then you wouldn't be running a fucking private equity firm right, Like, so I love that like the words come out this way. But yeah, it is a very it's an interesting, I think scheme from private equity to try and you know, save money in their own ways on like employee retention while trying to incentivize people to like stick around as long as possible before the inevitable because then they say stuff like we wouldn't just sell it to like another company who like doesn't have the same Ethos's like, really, if the fucking money is right, then then what right? I don't think that's the case.
Speaker 1: This is funny that like the global corporate media, we'll like find these examples where like if you look at it from a certain angle, it looks like, hey, this thing's working and it's really like helping out the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And anytime they're like, actually, check out this cool thing, it's.
Speaker 2: Like, really, no, they're doing something different.
Speaker 3: So I'm making March Simpson noises.
Speaker 1: My stomach starts making March Simpson noises. All right, let's cheer yourselves up by talking about how it continues to just keep raining shit on Rudy Giuliani. We've been hearing for a while that he's broke, can't pay his legal bills, and now his lawyers, the people who are supposed to be representing him, are suing him for one point three six million dollars in unpaid legal fees. He racked up fees and expenses totally more than one point five million dollars, but he only managed to pay two hundred and fourteen thousand dollars. And his defense is just like, it's like really expensive, man, what the fuck cost so much? Are you serious? Dude?
Speaker 2: No way, no way, it's this high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it is. By the way, so you know, he himself is a lawyer, and while he was representing Trump, he reportedly charged twenty thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know he's I like that, he really is. The way Rudy Giuliani says, it's a real shame when lawyers do things like this, And all I will say is that their bill is way in access to anything approaching legitimate fees. Sure, sure, sure.
Speaker 1: The lawyer that he's stiffed who is now suing him is one of his like oldest best friends. His friendship Giuliani dates back to the seventies when they were both prosecutors in the US Attorney's Office in the Southern District of New York.
Speaker 2: Wow, I wonder what the how that friendship started, Like where like if this his friend like Robert Costel and now is like look at you, now, Rudy, look at you. He got nothing, You got nothing. I mean we've seen how recently it's been all hands on deck to try and get him more money, because it felt like he was going to Trump and be like I got Bill's dude, and like you need to help me because like I know a lot of shit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then recently there was a fucking one hundred thousand dollars a plate fundraising dinner for Rudy Giuliani Trump specifically. So, yeah, love, I have a feeling I wonder he probably was able to pay a lot of that off. But anyway, who knows, who knows? He's too busy being Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like when the scammers get scammed, get yeah, taken.
Speaker 2: In for their scams by their own their own.
Speaker 3: The scammers scam each other, yeah, or you're just like none of these people have any loyalty to anyone but themselves. Of course they're all gonna like fuck each other over at the end and turn on each other. That to me seemed like the lynchpin of the whole Trump thing was like everyone he works everyone, he fucks everyone. But it's like everyone he works with is like somebody who would sell him out in a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and vice versa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they're all that's the best part when they all turn on each other at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm waiting to see how the dominoes fall, because it's every time we hear about this stuff happening in like Georgia or like Florida, there's more people who are like, actually, they do not want to have the same defense team as Trump now and realize that like they were being like nudged to do what was the best for Trump and not for them to be free.
Speaker 1: You know, you know how these people like sell themselves as like brilliant businessmen, and people are like, well, if you could make a billion dollars, like, surely he could run the country. Like their skill, the thing that they all have in common that they're good at, is the same skill displayed by if you've ever like been out to dinner with a group in like high school and everyone suddenly like, nah, I don't I don't have enough money to pay this, Like what are you talking about like you know, you know, like arguing over.
Speaker 2: The bill like that's before a homecoming dance.
Speaker 1: That is all that is their skill. They were just the most stubborn of the people who refused to pay for whatever they ordered and are like, no, that's you see right here on the menu it says twelve ninety nine, and so I put in twelve dollars and it's like, well, we all also had drinks and no, no.
Speaker 3: No, those big Coca colas because we're in high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly through that like weird brown plastic cup that was had the logo blast apps. You ordered the apps.
Speaker 1: You demanded that we ordered the app.
Speaker 3: You ordered the the mojo potatoes at Shakey's where we're having our dinner.
Speaker 1: I drove someone here, so like that costs gas money. Oh man, just we'll argue until you're too exhausted. I have I remember we Molly, you'll appreciate this. Before a dance, we went to Miss Ellie's right there across from the Gilain Maxwell in and out Michelli's. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well that's how we say it. That's how we always say at school, We're going to Misslli's with the one sea that's why would always be like, oh I say.
Speaker 3: That, I say the accurate Italian yeah, better than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But so we went and I remember one guy, just one dude, straight up just fucking just deny that they ordered the food.
Speaker 3: You're like, that's so funny. It was like, you know what, Yeah, I would have to respect that because you're like friends. Well, he's like, well, where is it then?
Speaker 1: Now shout out to my friends from you know what they do now, and we all, every single one of us, was just like, nah, uh huh, I don't give a fuck. I'm not just gas grade apple.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't me, it was your idea. We came here because you said, yeah, not so we can't get.
Speaker 3: The discount's no, oh my god. It's amazing. There's one in Hollywood too. It's like the waiters also sing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh hell yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like a piano bar, and your waiter will be like your waiters like, here's your food, and then they like turn around and take a microphone and sing memory from Cats.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and the food fantastically subpar.
Speaker 1: So yeah for the experience.
Speaker 2: You know, when you walk in, you're like, this food is not tasting great, but it will taste like Italian food as we know it by the American definition.
Speaker 3: I love those like mid Italian restaurants from the fifties.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's also like they have after somebody right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a fake balcony inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild. It's like two inches deep.
Speaker 3: Oh we should go. Yeah, let me take you guys there. Yeah, it's great because it's like a karaoke thing, but you don't have to do karaoke.
Speaker 1: Is like.
Speaker 3: Waters are just singing. It's so weird. I love it very.
Speaker 1: Miles where you get your taste for the old country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from Misscelli's, as we would always incorrectly say in my limit school, and we will. We just can't. We can't let that pronunciation go. That guy who was duck in the bill, he went on to have a successful like chain of daycare centers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my god, profit king, you know, yeah, he knows how profit profit man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody's got it.
Speaker 3: It's somebody's got to get shorted. In that case, it was you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And all right, let's take a quick break and come back and talk about something that we're all, every single one of us. If you're hearing my voice, and you don't, and you're not in the C suite at Lockheed Martin. You got shorted on this ship. We'll be right back, and we're back, and let's talk about the lost F thirty five no longer lost, but was missing for about forty eight hours. The Pentagon announced that an F thirty five was miss as like what they're the height of technology. The Ferrari of Pentagon fighter jets just went missing somewhere in South Carolina after the pilot ejected for unknown reasons, possibly because he was yeading on this jet plane, as my Aka suggested. They have since located a debris field. But between Sunday and Tuesday, the government was just like at such a loss that they were posting online asking for any help from the public as if they were searching for like a lost dog and not an eighty million dollar aircraft or one hundred and sixty million dollars in it. No, so the person basically the person yeted the fuck out for reasons unknown, and then the plane just kept flying. And one problem is that it's you know, I guess it was on autopilot. And also it is designed not to be able to be seen by radar.
Speaker 2: Wait, so he ejected and the ship was on auto I guess so it was further after he where he actually ended up like being recovered.
Speaker 1: It took them forty eight hours to find it, so it clearly was not in It's not like it just went a couple extra miles like that. Shit just kept going. I don't know what what systems they have in place on this fucking thing.
Speaker 2: Their stealth, dude, that's what kind of system is?
Speaker 3: It tell me that the world's most advanced military aircrafts are working on the same level as like the self driving cars.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't want to say it is, but I think it is.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: It's wild to me that the concern wasn't this fucker is going to crash into a bunch of people, Like, you know, it's still.
Speaker 2: Still out there.
Speaker 3: They don't care about that. They're like, we don't care if it kills people. We care if we don't get it back so we can use it to kill more people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think donold Troy. Okay, but collateral damage.
Speaker 3: This is actually an incredible place for me to insert a really off topic story that would be sort of related.
Speaker 1: That is what you are.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm for.
Speaker 1: I just like what you're here for.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this is the information I learned. And now it's been an intrusive thought that I was like, everybody has to know this. I have to tell everyone, which is that My other search recently was for the Henry Ford Museum for reasons I don't have to get into. And I learned that at the Henry Ford Museum, which is outside Detroit, they have the presidential limousine that JFK was assassinated in. After JFK was assassinated in it, they just refurbished it and used it for three more presidencies. WHOA for real, isn't that fucking crazy? What?
Speaker 2: So just some like what they just li soolid it down and we're like.
Speaker 3: All right, I sold it down. They added more secure. Yes, because the government is so cheap. They were like, we can't buy a new car for the president. We got to keep using this car that they killed the president in.
Speaker 1: The one with like the magic bullet.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also they just found a second bullet the.
Speaker 1: One he was sitting it. Yeah, he got his whole shit blown off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, they wiped it down down, wiped me down and then they used it, so it actually became the backup car. It like, wasn't I.
Speaker 1: Guess you've done your service.
Speaker 3: It was like the back It became the backup limousine. But it was like in the official fleet until through the Carter administration. Yeah wow, that means like LBJ rode in that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Nixon.
Speaker 3: Nixon laid his big fat head against the place where JFK's.
Speaker 1: Got blown up, licked it a little bit.
Speaker 3: It isn't that crazy. I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that after Johnson Richard Nixon used the car and requested additional modifications, creating a hatch in the roof where he could stand and wave to the crowd as he traveled the final Presidente's vehicles. Jimmy Carter officially retired to night.
Speaker 3: Okay, but also that's so funny that he was like, oh, yeah, this car that wasn't secure enough that you could like snipe a president through the window. I want a car sun roof so I can stand up.
Speaker 1: Well, it was a computable right, so here some roof in the convertible.
Speaker 2: But I think there were modifications. They put a roof on it.
Speaker 1: They were like, well that didn't work out, that went badly.
Speaker 2: Oh so they Yeah, there's like it looks like they had like a it's sort of in pieces and I subtract little.
Speaker 1: Really like shitty looking convertible.
Speaker 3: Is that insane though, that that after that happened, that they weren't like this.
Speaker 1: This this Kennedy car, Kennedy car, because all they could do to keep from selling it as the Kennedy addition.
Speaker 3: Right, Isn't that crazy? Okay? I felt like that's sort of the government wanting to chat back or I'm just like they're cheap. If they paid for something, they fucking are going to use it.
Speaker 1: They did not want they did not like, I mean, his brain went missing. They didn't want that car to be looked at or put in a museum where it could be observed.
Speaker 2: So you're saying that, yeah, right, that's not the real thing.
Speaker 3: Huh, Well, they don't want people to figure out, you know, all the stuff that JFK Jr.
Speaker 2: Is alive is actually Biden, thank you.
Speaker 1: They don't want people to know that what happened to Kennedy was that he got the vaccine.
Speaker 2: That's what I said.
Speaker 3: I say about RFK Junior though, is like of course he's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the government killed his dad and his uncle and made it look like a random person did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was also a new break in the JFK thing or somebody who was like in the car that there was a second bullet, which is new.
Speaker 1: And the government second bullet. No no, yeah, okay, I mean there's already two bullets.
Speaker 2: That we know of.
Speaker 3: There was like a second bullet in the car, in the.
Speaker 1: Car that they just like kind of kicked to the side. Yeah, LBJ found it, Like, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's neat lb found it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then he passed a bunch of civil rights laws and then started the Vietnam War.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I believe a Secret Service agent accidentally blew Kennedy's head off accidentally or.
Speaker 3: Not, but oh, that's you believe in that one.
Speaker 1: I believe that one. Yeah, And that's why they were like, first of all, when they called RFK Junior, they were like, sir, there's been a terrible accident, and that was like the Secret Service calling and yeah, that's my that's the theory that makes the most sense to me. I believe that happened.
Speaker 3: There was a JFK com melt steel beams.
Speaker 1: His coum does melt still beams and a lot of people don't realize that. Yeah, then he needed to be stopped.
Speaker 3: People don't know that about Irish Catholics because.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch out for us folks, watch out dangerous.
Speaker 3: Don't don't underestimate the Irish.
Speaker 1: Irish It'll be fine either way.
Speaker 2: Either way.
Speaker 1: You'll be fine either way. That is something like I remember an old Irish man was like, you know what they said about Kennedy, like to me, like trying to give me Irish pride. He's like Kennedy always said, let him underestimate us. They always underestimate the Irish Catholics. Oh my, okay man, all.
Speaker 3: Right, I was kidding. But also he did Look one thing I'll say about Kennedy, he did leave his fluids all over that car and then Nixon had to like sit in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends on how well it was wiped down, though we don't know yet.
Speaker 3: That's power. There's no there's no wiping that down. You you can't wipe down the president's brain. You can't put a towel down a fucking.
Speaker 1: Murder car to like ride around murder car of the of the person who had your job is so wild, but also like suggests the level of complicity by LBJ and Nixon, which I'm not totally is not totally outside of the realm of post.
Speaker 2: They should have called Harvey Kaitel from Pulp Infant Pulp Fiction exactly.
Speaker 1: That's where they.
Speaker 3: Like every president, every president should have to like sit in a car filled with like the skeletons of other presidents. Yeah, and it's also like bodies of everyone murdered by the American Empire. It's like a really big car.
Speaker 2: It would be another planet. I think they would have to go to. But yeah, no, sit with the ghosts. There you go.
Speaker 3: I do like in like England when they have all the scary like skeletons of famous dead people everywhere. Church, you know, there's that scary church. Yeah, there's like the scary church where like royals get married and it's full of like the skeleton of King whatever, bishop whomever, and like literally there's skeletons with like a crown on it. It's so scary. But it feels we should do more of that.
Speaker 2: America in general is like more all about that denial of death America.
Speaker 3: There's not a better explanation of America than just like wiping down the vinyl in the fucking car presidential limo.
Speaker 2: This never happened. The wheels rotated and literally, it's never happened.
Speaker 3: This limousine's fine, what car is and like literally like to America.
Speaker 1: To America being a drama queen. The way she was crawling all over the back of the car.
Speaker 2: She could attended, she could a dented the trunk and that would have come out of her end, but.
Speaker 3: She was in the car. All that stuff happened in this car that you then ride in and and that's so yeah, we're just like, nope, we wiped it down. This didn't happen, America.
Speaker 2: Wipe it down, because we did. We wiped it out. Yeah, we wiped it down, and bring the black light in here. They don't believe we didn't wipe it down. We took it to my friend Jimmy's house and had the wolf come by exactly. That's why I'm wearing this Banana Sluve shirt.
Speaker 3: That is what they did. Also, for sure they had Jimmy the Wolf come by to.
Speaker 1: Quick once over and then but it would be like if they did the Jimmy the Wolf thing and then instead of like having the car smashed at a you know, car smashing place at an auto yard. They they were like all right and then like putting this on to roh. So yeah, we're just gonna put it right back out, all right. We do have to talk about that thirty five because right right, So one of its key advantages is it's near impossibility of being tracked by radar, So that makes it bad when it malfunctions and like ejects the pilot with that warning. This is the third military Class A mishappen the past six weeks. That Class A mishaps are incidents in which the damage involved racks up over two point five million dollars. But yeah, this is just the latest embarrassment involving the F thirty five jet. The story of this particular jet like really crystallizes the abject absurdity, grotesqueerye of our military spending. So the F thirty five initiative is the most expensive weapons program ever, estimated to cost taxpayers more than one trillion dollars over its sixty year lifespan. So, like, you know, a free healthcare for everyone is what this plane. Existence of this plane makes impossible. Estimates for twenty years were initially pegged at two hundred and thirty three billion dollars in the actual cost was nearly double that, So it's the one trillion estimate over the lifespan is probably low. And the Pentagon, like one of the problems is the Pentagon has always gone with a process of what's called concurrency with this, which is where you start production while the aircraft is still being developed.
Speaker 2: Concurrent build as you go, man, build as you go. We know the tires are going to look like that, so put those on.
Speaker 1: So you build the aircraft and then take off and then fix the problems while it's flying, is the idea proof. But this leads to unresolved technical problems that have plagued it, such as the fact that it doesn't operate well in rain, can't really work in rain in some cases. And so the Congress like institute this law that was like, Okay, can we take a look at these projects because like some of them don't make sense and you're spending like an entire European nations gross domestic product just to like build these fucking plans that don't work right, and sounds right, yeah, but yeah, I mean the spending has nothing to do with keeping America safe. It's just more evidence that military spending is a mutually beneficial financial shell game between governments and corporations.
Speaker 2: Yeah that and like Lockheed has it. Lockheed has a stranglehold on like everything too, Like the whole thing is Lockheed Martin. Yeah, you can't, but it's like a fucking mcflurry machine. It's like, you can't send somebody else to do that. You got to have our people come by to do that. So they, like a lot of people say that, like who is it one of these people who was analyzing the Prome quote. I had a sense after my first ninety days that the government was not in charge of the program. Yes, makes sense.
Speaker 1: And none of them they don't get used. They keep making them and they're not being used because of a lack of spare parts and maintenance pain Dude, we're still the Vella. They're building it. They're building they're just like crapping these things out that can't work in the fucking rain and don't have any spare parts or maintenance equipment. Because they have there's only one place to get it, which is a corporation that has no competitive reason to do anything you needed to because they're the only ones who fucking make it, because it's like, okay, but go with me.
Speaker 3: Here, guys, what if we all get a steak in the jet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 2: I just worked on it a bit. If they said it was four hundred and thirty five billion in the first twenty years, we've all been paying seven dollars a year. Yeah, over the last twenty.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we all got like we all get to own like a little percentage of the the jet that they fly into nowhere.
Speaker 1: How the fuck is that not the case?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Like that we don't that like that, we don't aren't part owners of Lockheed Martin at this point, Like we're paying with our fucking tax dollars.
Speaker 3: Is a family, We're more like a family.
Speaker 1: Here your way into this family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The other really fucked up part is that, like, first of all, they're the largest institutional consumer of fossil fuels. Yes, and they recently told shareholders at a meeting to vote fucking no on a resolution that would have created a report on how the company is going to reduce fossil fuel use, like in line with the Paris Agreement. Uh, they said, quote in the board's reasoning shareholders should vote no on the resolution because it is premature and not in the best interest of our company or our shareholders. That Earth Earth death is not in our interest. And then also like when you look at it, like there was a study about like just greenhouse emissions from the beginning of the invasion of Afghanistan, and you know the largest portion of this is from military jets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, cool, they use no But we need to like start fucking recycling more like if you it's your fault if you left an aluminum can and a trash can like that, that's what's causing climate change.
Speaker 2: Wait, what kind of straw are using? It's not that this jet uses one thousand This jet uses that one thousand straw, You motherfucker. One thousand, three hundred and forty gallons of jet fuel per hour is what users?
Speaker 3: What's that MPG on that man was not meant to fly?
Speaker 1: Man was meant to fly? In glimpse, yeah origin.
Speaker 3: If only we lived in the steam age.
Speaker 1: Well you we we it's coming back when we're all By the time we're elderly, we're all going to be living through another age of giant durrectuals.
Speaker 3: Jack Jack confirmed steam punk.
Speaker 2: Is that or is that the new way the fucking wealthy escape the hordes of the people. They go, we got to take to the skies.
Speaker 1: Actually, I bet they're easy to shoot down though, right.
Speaker 3: That's what they're gonna do with the spaceships.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like they gotta go. You can't just go. You can't go from Earth to spaceship right away. I feel like the middle you don't.
Speaker 3: Think Jeff Bezos, You don't think Bezos and Elon Musk and those guys don't have a spaceport lined up.
Speaker 2: They like, Yeah, I'm sure they do. But I'm saying, like I think for most people, like not everyone is gonna get there. I feel like there's gonna be like the five hundred feet in the sky version of a rich people city that only came down for Yeah, yeah, something like that. But yeah, eventually it will be space ships.
Speaker 3: But it'll be a city made of jets, city made of fighter jets, and everybody flies with little fighter jets around. It's like a little top gun world.
Speaker 2: Oh perfect.
Speaker 3: Personally, I can't wait because I'll definitely be one of the chosen ones and not one of the people left to die on How does it.
Speaker 1: Burns because bloodstream is just forty percent jet fuel.
Speaker 3: Like, you know what, Yeah, I can't wait. Maybe I'll get to live in a house here. All the rich people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll run them all out of town. We'll I'll run them into the sky. That's right, guys.
Speaker 3: You know what else they have at the Henry Ford Museum. I want to go there so bad now. They have the fucking chair Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Really the place, it's all seating where people have had their fucking dome piece.
Speaker 1: It's only progressives who got murdered in the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a warning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bitch, that's righteout Henry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking sit down, watch your back. That's all we got to say over here. Wow, can you sit in it?
Speaker 1: No, they also got the shoes. They also have the sandals Gandhi was wearing when he got.
Speaker 3: Henry Ford was for sure like, I'll see you at the cross. Yeah, that's what Henry Ford said to the jeers in my model when he was reprinting the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and trying to get distributed.
Speaker 1: Putting everybody's glove compartment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the Gideons, except with anti semitism.
Speaker 1: Here. Well, Molly Lambert as always, what a pleasure having you. Where can people find you? Follow you all they can?
Speaker 3: You can find me. I'm on Instagram at Molly Underscore Lambert. I am on TikTok now just lurking so far at Molly Lambert World. And yeah, hopefully have a new podcast coming out sometime. Yeah, listen to you, but also check out Heidi World if you haven't yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go listen to that right now, right now.
Speaker 3: Put my put my bones in it.
Speaker 2: Hey man, you put your bones in this one.
Speaker 3: I put my bones, my whole bones into it.
Speaker 1: And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying, like an interview that you were about to tell us about recently or something?
Speaker 3: Oh the Yon Winner interviewed with David Marchase.
Speaker 1: Oh, I haven't read I need to read that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's just like, yeah, there were no women who I thought were like interesting, No women or people of color I thought were like worth including in my conversations with great musicians. Yeah, they're like not Joni Mitchell. And he's like, no, I don't think she's very good. It's just crazy. I mean, Yon Winner is you know, we've been known we've been yeah, a racist misogynist. But it's crazy to see someone just be like yo, doubling down, getting.
Speaker 1: Down much cultural influence from a magazine. They're gonna they're gonna be a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, what else?
Speaker 1: Sorry? I forced that one on you? Is there anything else?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, what's that? What else? Let's keep it, Let's do a lighter one. I'm gonna say that. Tate McGray video just a little, nice little audi the automn Bop for the girlies, about you know, getting your mojo back after your hockey player boyfriend cheats on you. I going to an ice.
Speaker 2: Rink and dancing, dancing with that old glove on.
Speaker 3: Dancing with a weird glove on. I'm stuck. Doesn't use like a hockey stick? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it felt. I think it was one of those things where the stylist was like, I don't know, like this, maybe he's like you could dance with yeah, like is he not gonna do it with shoulder pads like shin guard or some other Well you could though.
Speaker 3: It really opens up possibilities for hockey hockey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but is like our.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess there's a lot of gear and like blades, Yeah, a lot of blades.
Speaker 1: I've always found the Jason where he's hockey mask, deeply irotic, erotic.
Speaker 3: Well, we've brought it back to Jason Voorhies. Oh, I guess that would be good Halloween costume.
Speaker 1: Before we started.
Speaker 3: It was before we started. But people love to be included in our extended universe that includes the things we were talking about before the show starts recording.
Speaker 1: Talking about Yeah, we were talking about Jason Boorhes and whether he should be an anti gun advocate because he clearly like he uses a cushions a gun. He knows about that. He gets shot all the time. But he's as a blade king.
Speaker 3: People have sexy Jason.
Speaker 2: Doesn't have to be searched sexy Jason Voorhies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's like, you know, he's the originator of honey chic.
Speaker 2: Look at this one where he's he's ripping open that worksuit.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jason, bad day at that, Jason Badi YadA ya.
Speaker 2: Miles.
Speaker 1: Where people find you as their work of media you've been enjoying, you.
Speaker 2: Can find me trying to use generative AI to make an even sexier Jason Vos. But also at Miles of gray wherever they got names like that for you to enter and find me. I'm there Instagram, Twitter, not even saying formerly formerly x, actually Twitter formerly x. I'm there as well, and also find us on MOUs with Jack Out, Matt Boosties, find me on The Good Thief, which is the true crime show, and Fourance where we talk. Ninety day tweet I like is from at Internet hippo and he says, in blue check voice, let me get this string. Every day it gets a little dark time it gets every day gets dark a little earlier, and we're supposed to believe this is normal. It's like peak blue check. Fucking viral tweet and I love that they captured the voice of that thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: A couple tweets I've been enjoying Molly Goodfellow at Hans Smallman, Hans Molman, whoops.
Speaker 2: Hans small Man.
Speaker 1: In this situation, I am uh tweet block me if you want, but I'm excited for it to get colder at night so I can truly be on my snug as a bug in a rug game, which I just love a controversial take like that, and I'm at uncool boyfriend tweeted your honor who gives a fuck low key and just like like that energy, bring it, Bring it into the courtroom.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeist. We're at the Daily like hest on Instagram. We have Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeikes dot com where we got our Facebook page, our website. What we link off to, uh the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a footnotes and we also like off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what is a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 2: I think this is gonna be a track called Endless by a k N and listened to. Yeah. Yeah, it's like a real like hardhouse mashup. It's just about yadaya. Also you know what actually truth Be Told a song I first heard on TikTok ha ha ha ha ha, but ends up being one of those things, one of those joints them that you can only get on SoundCloud. So check this out. It's only on SoundCloud and it's the artist AKN and the track is called Endless.
Speaker 1: Is it the one where the person is rapping about getting it out? Of the car.
Speaker 2: Yep, exactly don't. So that is what put us on the Jason.
Speaker 1: Boardhees conversation in the first place. This is truly this episode is like folding in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're being the mister show where you bring it all around to the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking.
Speaker 1: We were talking about British rappers who like rap about blades, and he's like, I wish I had a clock, but I have a big fifteen blade instead, I'll stab.
Speaker 4: You with it.
Speaker 1: But you know I wish that I wish I could rap about gun play, right, I will clap your luck anyways? That any kind of sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Daily's guys on production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen.
Speaker 2: To your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it for us today, back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we'll talk to you allbout by bye.