Speaker 1: Ant's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and this is your second day podcast. Thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: But today we got to say yes to the X.
Speaker 1: That's when someone writes our show and maybe wants to give an old relationship another try, we give them a help in hand.
Speaker 2: To try to make that happen.
Speaker 1: And we do not believe it's called a breakup because it's broken. Okay, we don't believe that. That was like an old book from the early two thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Smart, Yeah, he was like a big self help guy. Anyway, I'm on a tangent.
Speaker 1: But but but we still have comments from yesterday's second date. The motivational speaker Yes, and Shiny Candy said, Brooke wasn't that nice in this one?
Speaker 2: OMG, I did not to be mean.
Speaker 1: I just don't think you could call yourself a professional if you're only paying yourself.
Speaker 2: All right, that's just my only caveat.
Speaker 3: I was telling Ashon or technical director. As comedians, we can have nobody come to our comedy shows and I can still say one person show.
Speaker 2: Up because you were there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did we give you pros and anything?
Speaker 2: And we want we're there? Okay, Gymnast, Yeah, I like it. All right, let's start this episode right now. It's Say Yes to the X.
Speaker 3: Do you think people change after college?
Speaker 2: I think so, I hope so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they do. I mean, just look at us. Alexis drinks way more than she did back in her suit I have.
Speaker 2: A higher tolerance slightly.
Speaker 3: Jose doesn't drink at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ruined me, but I mean those four months that he went.
Speaker 1: They didn't go to college on a community for a little bit, like I think a semester.
Speaker 3: Semester, I passed three class.
Speaker 2: That's right out of six cos.
Speaker 3: I didn't go to those O me. I'm way more peppy and energetic than I ever was back in my college days. What were you?
Speaker 1: Just like the most depressing person on campus?
Speaker 3: Is you energetic? One of our listeners that was the most laughing years guys, our listeners has reached out to us because she's been hoping and praying that someone from her college days still has the same feelings for her that she's been holding on to ever since they graduated. Wow, it's a brand new edition of Say Yes to the EX and we're gonna do it right after this. I know in the movies and on TV shows, they always have that sappy storyline of the one that got away, because everybody has one, right pretty much.
Speaker 2: I got mine, not secured it?
Speaker 3: Well, not me, ye, okay, if I'm being totally honest. Producer Boyd asked me that the other day, and I thought through high school and college and even after that, Like the closest thing I could remember to the one that got away was back in twenty thirteen here at the station. Really, do you guys remember Jana?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: She was I love Jana. Yeah, Jana, Jenna.
Speaker 3: She was in front of me and took the last chocolate muffin at the breakroom. Okay, and I missed my chance with that muffin. She was married. Yeah, I have never gotten over it to this I still think about where that muffin went.
Speaker 2: It's the same brand that they still are stocking.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't the muff the one that's the closest it's ever been for me.
Speaker 2: But your heart is so so deep.
Speaker 3: Thank you for understanding my pain. One of our listeners apparently has a more romantic version of that story with an actual human, not.
Speaker 2: A piece of food.
Speaker 3: To our latest edition of Say Yes to.
Speaker 1: The Yes, I am loving this segment I think it's so fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it's fun if it works out.
Speaker 2: If it doesn't, it's you already broke up with them. Once.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to her because her name is Jessica. So, Jessica, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hi, yay, Hey, it's careful, Jessica. I'm so excited to hear about who we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Oh man. So basically, let me just start off by saying, I have been dating. I just haven't met anybody that really like sparked anything, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so you haven't been putting all your energy into your X.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: But the thing is is that every time anything starts to get serious, so I think I really like someone. I just can't stop thinking about X, and everybody compares to him.
Speaker 3: What does he have a name? Does your X have a name? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, his name's Kent.
Speaker 2: We Uh that's a strong I feel like it's a rich name.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I feel like he's a TV broadcaster. Yeah, I thought of like superhero like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just no matter what he's wearing an ascot to me.
Speaker 3: We're all already in love with him. So we're on board.
Speaker 5: We get it. I mean we dated in college for like three years.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a long time.
Speaker 5: He was the guy, right, Yeah, I don't know. He was popular at sports, like so charming.
Speaker 3: Solid, keg stand she said.
Speaker 2: He was athletic obviously.
Speaker 3: Okay, he really is the one.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So why did you guys break up?
Speaker 1: If?
Speaker 2: I mean after three years what happened?
Speaker 5: So basically, like at graduation time, I started getting more serious, not partying anymore, and he did a want to settle down at all or stop partying or you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that leading to a lot of fights, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not not to take his side on this. I'm not on his side, but I could understand as a guy who where everything is going great for you in college and you're the most popular guy and everybody loves you, why would you want to leave that situation?
Speaker 5: And I definitely rushed it right, like I should have given him some more time years.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I think every man should be allowed like ten to fifteen years time to mature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, take it by yourself. That is a very good point.
Speaker 1: So you guys went your separate ways, and it sounds like it probably was a pretty sad breakup, right, you're pretty heartbroken.
Speaker 3: How did that go down?
Speaker 5: I was devastated, like stopping all the time. I mean I really thought he was the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know anything about him now?
Speaker 5: Well, it's taken me a while to get to this point, but I talked to a mutual friend a couple of weeks ago and they said that he's actually single now, and I'm single now, and I was kind of hoping that maybe you guys can help me out reach out to him.
Speaker 2: The timing he's single?
Speaker 3: Di?
Speaker 1: Is he like still living in his parents' basement? Like, I mean seriously, like going to old college parties. You remember, there's always like those old people that would show up and he'd be like.
Speaker 2: Why are you here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're the cool ones.
Speaker 2: Still does he got his life in order?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like have you seen him on social media or anything? Can you tell anything? Like does he look the same? Does he have a bet?
Speaker 5: He's still super good looking? I have not friended him again because like you've creeped LinkedIn?
Speaker 2: Does he have a job?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: I mean, okay, I didn't go all the way, okay, but I just kind of fished a down a little bit, and I know that he's single and I just I don't know. I want to I want to ease into this.
Speaker 3: You know, guys, Okay, so this is going to be the first time that you've reached out to him since your breakup.
Speaker 2: What is easy about that? Girl? I'm girl?
Speaker 1: You have indeed, Yeah, you haven't d M him, you haven't liked to picture nothing.
Speaker 5: No, I have been like crickets on the side.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Okay, I mean, I'm that's exciting. I'm not sure if we've ever had a female reach out to us for say yes to the X before. Mostly it's dudes who have failed, So we really need.
Speaker 2: A success today.
Speaker 3: I mean, I am very hopeful. I want this to happen.
Speaker 1: What would you say if you, okay, if your girlfriend contacted you from college years and year later, totally at the blue, would you be excited?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: You're asking me, I didn't date anybody in college. Now if the muffin reached out to me, oh my god, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Anyone in college.
Speaker 2: Okay, not seriously.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So we're gonna call Kent here and try and get him to give you another shot, maybe meet up with you once more, say yes to the X.
Speaker 5: Wow, you know I've heard you guys do this before, and it's just then back in my mind. So a little nervous here.
Speaker 1: I am too, but I'm excited nervous like it's good.
Speaker 3: All right, we all are nervous. Now we're gonna come back. We'll call Kent for you and we'll see if he says yes to the X and do it right after this. If you're just tuning into this segment, we're doing something that we don't often do on the show, called say yes to the X.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We've gotten such good response though. When we have done it. People love.
Speaker 3: This segment very relatable for a lot of people, where if a guy or a girl is years later still pining after a former flame of theirs, they are brave enough to reach out to us and say, you know what, let's reconnect with that person over the radio.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is kind of a grand romantic gesture.
Speaker 1: You take offs out of it anyway.
Speaker 2: You can ignore DM, but you can't ignore this college.
Speaker 3: We are kind of a sad version of this. But our listener, Jessica, is one of those courageous few individuals who has called us about her old college boyfriend of three years Kent.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I mean they were just Jesse Kent all over the place in college.
Speaker 3: They had a great relationship back then, but he afterwards really just wasn't ready to move on from his college days and mature. So now it's been over a decade since their breakup.
Speaker 2: Has it been that long? We forgot to ask before.
Speaker 3: That's what she told us off the air, And they've done a little digging found him on social learn that Kent is still cute. Yeah, and I you know, I'm going to date myself when I say this. But he's just got that riz. Oh yeah, baby, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We do know you did make it on cool Yeah, if.
Speaker 3: I do it with jazz hands, he's got that Riz.
Speaker 2: No, No, not that Riz. We don't even know if he has. We haven't talked to him.
Speaker 3: It's according to Well. The most important part is she heard that he's currently single. This is her opportunity to reach out and see if maybe they can reconnect. This is her.
Speaker 2: Shot and sense a friend told you he was single.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's been putting a little word out there too that he's been wondering about you.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I hope that's the end of all of us, you're off on your wedding.
Speaker 2: Then I forget Jeff. Do we stay on the phone with them? Do they talk?
Speaker 3: This is a little bit different than the other segments that we do. We already have him on hold right now on the other line. He cannot hear us, okay, okay, So we are going to do the segment we've already sometimes this is happening, okay, And so the producer has talked to him. All that he knows is that someone is on the phone for him right now. He does not know what it's for.
Speaker 1: God, but dude, his when he realizes it's going to say so much.
Speaker 3: It's like mystery door see your ex. Oh my gosh, this should be on Netflix es. But before we put you on with him, is it okay if I talk to him just for a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, Yes, please, Okay, we'll talk up.
Speaker 3: We'll just ease him in slightly to what this is. But let's punch him up right, okay, Yeah, don't steal man?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Here we go, Hey, Ken, Yeah, what's up? Hey man? My name is Jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, the one that you're on right now, and I want to introduce you to somebody.
Speaker 1: Reintroduce maybe it's a better way to say.
Speaker 3: I will say, nice to meet Jeff Brokage Mornings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a little confused about what's going on, all right.
Speaker 3: It makes you feel better. A lot of the listeners that come on this show feel the exact same way as you do. And I know this might sound a little bit awkward, but Brook was right. I do want to reintroduce you to somebody from your past.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get.
Speaker 2: Somebody you might This is going to be exciting for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Do you remember a girl from your college days named Jessica?
Speaker 5: Jessica? Really? Wait?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you remember your girlfriend of three years from college? Hold on you, guys, why do you know that?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Jessica has reached out to us because she says she still thinks about you sometimes and wants to know a little bit about how you're doing.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: So she's on the phone right now. Why don't you go ahead and talk to her. We're going to step away so you two can talk.
Speaker 4: Hi, Ken. So, yeah, I know this might be like a little bit of a surprise, and I'm sure it feels like it's coming out.
Speaker 1: Of nowhere for you.
Speaker 5: But I guess basically the thing is is that even though it's been a while, I still like think about you. And I was just kind of wondering if, like maybe there was any chance that maybe you still think about me from time to time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe we should ask like a little small talkie your question? Are you ben remember how conversation works?
Speaker 5: Okay, Ken, I'm really sorry. I'm so nervous right now. I should have asked you how you are? How are you?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 5: You go, I'm doing all right. Sure, I guess I think about you sometimes.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: It's at all you wanted to know.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's that's awesome.
Speaker 6: But cool, cool, cool.
Speaker 5: I was curious if maybe you'd want to catch up par real sometimes.
Speaker 3: I mean, is it just to catch up or maybe a bit more?
Speaker 5: What what are you thinking? Well, I mean we definitely have a lot to catch up on. But to be honest, like I I mean, I heard from a friend that now you're single, and I know you had been dating someone for a long time, so that maybe the timing right now might be I don't know. Wow, good, Wow, I didn't really expect that when I woke up this morning.
Speaker 3: For sure I can get at I mean, I think what she's asking for here Kent is just like a very casual meetup. She's not looking for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah nothing. I don't want to like put too much pressure on it. I just want to like it.
Speaker 2: Knows it's been over a decade for you too.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe there's nothing there anymore, you know.
Speaker 5: But I mean, you know, like you know, I'm an optimist here, and I gotta tell you, like I am getting pretty good vibes.
Speaker 2: And right now.
Speaker 4: Direct see, I mean yeah exactly, it wouldn't hurt the hang out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, okay you want to hang out? Okay, I'm actually gonna have to break up with the guy that I'm dating.
Speaker 1: What wait, wait, way you didn't tell us when you were dating someone else.
Speaker 5: I mean it's not like super serious.
Speaker 2: He's is a placeholder, a boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Okay, he's not a boyfriend boyfriend, he's more of like.
Speaker 2: Enough, you have to break up with him?
Speaker 3: Did we asked him? Did we not ask?
Speaker 2: She was like, it's an.
Speaker 1: Assuption, Jeff, that's single.
Speaker 3: When you get on the show.
Speaker 5: God, you're dating someone and now you want to break up with them and hang out with me.
Speaker 4: Maybe this is coming out wrong. I'm I think it is.
Speaker 5: I just I've always really like I liked you and the way things ended, and never like really sat well with me. No, no, I totally get all of that. But what about this boyfriend that you're breaking up with. I mean, he still understand he has heard all about for years.
Speaker 2: I bet that's true. Yeah, I mean Kent too.
Speaker 5: Look, you guys are making it sound way worse than it is. It really is more like a situationship.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 6: All right, Well I guess congratulations though, like it would be good if we could do the breakup live on our show and get some extra content a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're taking to the current that.
Speaker 5: I already text them?
Speaker 4: So we're good.
Speaker 3: You didn't over text, you were on the phone with us. You were quickly, he really was.
Speaker 2: We don't even know that Kent doesn't still go to college party.
Speaker 3: She's right, I mean, it doesn't matter. He's got that Riiz. Remember that we know. Okay, yeah, you don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: You got it, all right.
Speaker 3: So we haven't even said what the name of the segment was. But officially, are you saying yes to the X?
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm saying yes.
Speaker 3: It's just as goods. Probably we'll take this off there so you guys can organize when you want to.
Speaker 1: Meet up freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know how, but that just works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so funny, do you guys? Is vine swinging still a term that people use?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have never think that ever.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's where you don't let go of one relationship until you have another in your hand.
Speaker 2: As if you're swinging from vine, divine will have to.
Speaker 3: Be in relationships and can't be alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, VI, you know swinging? Yeah, you always keep hand. I like it. It's a good visual. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Thanks, So you'll be added okay, and I'll be so gen z cool eventually.
Speaker 2: What people say on the comment board for this say yes to the X. Not a lot of fans of Jessica here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people like this scroll or why relationships are so hard these days?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, big red flag. She literally broke up with a man on the radio, porn cat. Now he has the red flag. He can't get out of it. She's a nightmare. Blah blah blah. They're so happy. So you know on the phone he was into it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess is there like an orange flag she has or is it all red? Oh?
Speaker 2: I see like a middle down there. I think it's all red. All read from our fans anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, thank you so much always for participating in this show.
Speaker 2: It means a world to.
Speaker 1: Us, and we'll be back tomorrow with a brand new second date update. Right here, I'm Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,