Speaker 1: Why can't we have nice things? Let's play ball.
Speaker 2: Welcome in everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports books. It's me, Joey p Joe Pi's appeia with me. Today is back the Welsh, clean shaven and ready to go, and we've got some baseball stuff to talk about today. We got your betting stuff, we've got your prop bets, we got your dfs.
Speaker 2: We've also got your fantasy baseball. We've got some history and a whole lot more. But Welsh, we.
Speaker 1: Have to start here on a sour note. Unfortunately, because people say to me all the time, Joe, why can't you enjoy what's going on with the New York Mets? Why can't you be happy with how well the Mets have done? And I inevitably respond back because I know it's always a matter of time before things go sideways.
Speaker 2: Max Scherzer was.
Speaker 1: On the mound, felt a poll in his side, left the game, took himself out immediately. I know they're saying, they're hoping it's not so bad and all these things, But Welsh, this is why we can't have nice things. So I unfortunately am here sitting and just miserable because Max Scherzer, who had been carrying this staff here, looks like he's headed for the eye. L So what can you say to me to make me feel better?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's always tomorrow, the sun. The sun will come out tomorrow. It's like Byron Buxton for me. You know, this is actually very similar to like when Byron Buckson goes down, like it's very upsetting, and when he's not in the lineup. And this has been baseball though, this has been baseball all year. You know, it's like, hey, this is fun, this is good, and he's gone, He's gone.
Speaker 4: The Sure's are one is.
Speaker 3: Pretty brutal though for that entire Mets team, that is the heart and soul. And I don't I don't know what else to tell you, my friend, except the sun come out.
Speaker 2: Wait, beautiful voice. That makes me feel a little.
Speaker 4: Bit in that thing.
Speaker 2: What I will say is.
Speaker 1: Is also this that you know, from a from a fantasy standpoint, in terms of our approach, I guess the one solace we could take is our approach going into this year was Faye the top ten.
Speaker 4: Pitchers, great point. Yeah, all the other guys.
Speaker 1: In that next column. Look, get two of those guys. Get get a Pablo Lopez and a Giolito.
Speaker 2: Get this guy, Joe.
Speaker 3: Muskrove, Get a Joe musk Rove, and get a you know you Darvish or whatever. Yeah, I don't have any Walker Buehlers in those struggles. Don't have any Max Suersers, don't really have many. I don't think I have any Shane Bieber's have kind of avoided all of that, which you know, push comes to shove. It'll be interesting to look at the end of the year on you know, the return, if you really if you took like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, the top ten sps and then you take the next ten sps, which is a little subjective.
Speaker 3: You know, how big of an overall production difference if we did we did averages, if we average out you know, strikeouts and e RA and stuff like that. Like, how big of a difference did you get drafting high high starting pitchers then you did waiting a little bit. I'm not sure it would be so much different. Plus, if you add in those il stints and miss days, might not be too big of a difference.
Speaker 2: You might be correct.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll have to get that mayor Era into check. This actually makes me feel nice before we even get into the headlines.
Speaker 2: Look at this.
Speaker 1: We're closing it on seven thousand subscribers to our YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: They said it couldn't be done.
Speaker 1: So if you have it already, I'm sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB. It's a different channel again. This is the MLB channel. We do just baseball here. I just did a by low Sell high video yesterday. Got the Waiver Wire video I think comes out tomorrow morning. Some very exciting things here. We've got a lot more than just the leading off. We're building out, We're branching out. It's an empire we're creating here. So besides the miserable, horrible, terrible, no good mac schures or news, let's get to some other things that might make me feel better. Nick Pavetta, how about that two hitter against the Astros After the astrost five thousand home runs the night before nine k's one earned run for Paveta. He is now at a four to twenty two e ra Kenley Jansen blew his first save of the year, with Keston hero walking things off for the court to run.
Speaker 3: Just like we all Scriptedston just like scripted tested hera blowing the Kenley Jansen save like we all thought, what is this thoud.
Speaker 2: We're disappointing prospect Keston Hero or Jared Kelnick.
Speaker 4: I mean right now it's Kelnick. Kelick's not in the majors.
Speaker 2: Oh oh god, I don't know. I think either handster would have hurt my my soul, but.
Speaker 3: I mean Kesten here hurts like that guy looked like such a good contact hitter. The one thing I would have bet on him if it would have been like I was gonna tap into his power.
Speaker 4: Is he gonna run?
Speaker 3: I'd say, well, he's gonna hit, Like the guy is gonna hit and he's gonna make that work for him. Nope, not whatsoever. But you know he's starting to roll a little bit. He's getting a little groove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, oh boy, all right.
Speaker 1: Jared Walsholber Twice, I was telling everybody that's the perfect guy to swap in the video. If you can make a trade for Taylor the Ward and go get Jared Walsh in something else, go do that.
Speaker 2: Well, he made that trade yesterday. You're doing okay.
Speaker 1: David Bedner fans two in a save Pete Alonzo, Homers plays four, and Mets win despite losing Max Scherzer, So really they lost, and c J Cron becomes the first nationally guy to hit the double digit mark in Homers graduation. CJ, good for you. Back to the injuries here, Welsh. So Chris Paddock is going to have a second Tommy John surgery. We didn't really talk about this yesterday. It's it's a huge bummer. I mean, the Padres really made out like gangbusters on this trade. This feels like one of those trades that happens in fantasy where you're like, yeah, I'll give you this picture for a closer or whatever, and then the picture goes on the ile a couple weeks later and you go, who boy, dodge that bullet.
Speaker 4: Doesn't that kind of all have that we've all had that.
Speaker 3: I love person I personally love Chris Paddock.
Speaker 4: Two. He's just like a he's a good dude.
Speaker 3: I think he's a really great He was a great pitcher for a time. That third pitch stuff just absolutely killed him, and he was starting to find his own again. He was starting to find his command. That was a problem when you're like a basketball change up guy, You're probably gonna need a little bit more, and he was starting and also, you're gonna need like pinpoint command and he started to find that command again.
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 3: Again, we'd have to go back and look at the history of it. But how successful you know, have any pitcher been coming off a second Tommy John Because I know we have a little bit of a history on it. I don't really recall many guys coming back successfully from twodjs.
Speaker 4: I can't remember who they are. That's a good question, A why I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like one of the Cubs guys had two Tommy John's.
Speaker 4: That sounds right.
Speaker 3: There's somebody in my brain and I cannot excuse me. I cannot unlock them right now. Who had to Tommy John's. And I believe it was like one in college or high school or something like that, and then one right early in their career. And I cannot unlock who that is right now. But I just don't feel like the success rate is super great. So I'm personally bummed for Paddock. I definitely had shares because he was dirt, dirt cheap, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what can you do?
Speaker 1: And he looked pretty good when he got over in Minnesota, he's actually pitching well the Stray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were working with him better.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's been a lot of criticism on the Padres pitching coaches as of late, like especially with what happened in the minors with Mackenzie Gore. They had multiple DJ guys and you know, maybe the twins were doing something right, but then.
Speaker 1: Sucks too late, too little, too late, unfortunately there and it's one of my favorite Beck songs from the nineties to Tommy John's and a Microphone, that's one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Now you know what, I loved that one too.
Speaker 3: Mayor by the way, he pointed out Drew Rasmussen had to Tommy Johns, so that's not relatively Yeah, I didn't either. That's a pretty good success story for him returning though. You know, guy can't hit ninety pitches. If literally a comment was coming to earth and it required him to go ninety they would be like, well, it's been a good run.
Speaker 2: Well he's in the right place for that.
Speaker 1: So Chris Sawyer here, one of our panists, and Jack Cracker Jacks has a question here, just traded Zach Gallon and Alec Thomas for Brandon Woodrup and Lejandro Kirk at a twelve team daily head to head points league. He loves you, he says, he loves the Welsh. He would like an input on this trade. What do you think about this trade? Gallon and Alec Thomas. I'm assuming it's redraft here, and I mean, look, you got Woodroff to me in head to head points, especially if the points favor of the pitching side. I'd always have Woodroff every day of the week. I think he did pretty well here in this trade. I think it's a good trade for both sides, which is what you want at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: Well did he get that? He got the Gallon and Thomas side.
Speaker 1: Correct, he just just traded Gallon and Thomas for Woodroff.
Speaker 2: So gotwood got Youah.
Speaker 3: You know, it's actually funny. I was just looking at the other day. I'm creating a sheet of just easy finding stats and stuff. You know, sometimes you go down the rabbit hole, you go on fan grafts, and you're just like, well, I'm starting to find areas I want and I'm saving them. And one of them was I've been looking at pitchers that are successful through the first three innings. So I'm sorting and splitting the first three innings by innings five and six, just to kind of take a look and see who pops. One of the guys that's relatively alarming, I don't have it in front of me is Brandon Woodruff, who had I believe top five worst era in baseball innings four, five and six right now and a really horrific Xome just kind of gets destroyed second time through the lineup, which I agree with you. I was surprised because there's names in there you would kind of expect. I really should have tried to pull this up. I didn't know we were going to talk about him, but maybe yeah we can. And that has me worried a little bit on Woodroff, on the lack of success on the back end. We've seen him get a little bit wonky and having that much of a blown up ra innings four, five and six, you're talking about completed games. I wouldn't hate if you had the Gallon side, to be honest with you, in that trade, Woodroff is the best player in the trade, but Gallon has proven himself pretty solid this year.
Speaker 4: Better team for Woodroff, but.
Speaker 3: Alec Thomas is kind of a little bit of a dude. Kirk doesn't do much for me here, Thomas does a little bit. I think it's a very even trade, if you will, and that's what you want.
Speaker 1: You get the best play, but the other side gets the best bulk, and that's a good trade. Everybody wins. Me personally, I always want the better player. That's the RPV and me. By the way, he also when the Penis and Cracker Jacks JP is trolling me. Two weeks in a row, Joey p suggested a picture of pickup and then they land on the IL.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 1: So it was a couple of weeks ago, and then he had Tommy John and Jacob Deerzi last week.
Speaker 2: I said, look, pick him up two stars, let's go why not car it on? And then the rest?
Speaker 4: Who's your next one?
Speaker 1: So somebody better put him in bubble wrap? Please love a god. Can we put that guy in bubble wrap and protect him? Let's go to uh some more about can we talk about this? Albert Pools last night goes in the top ten four hits in the history of Major League Baseball at number thirty three thirteen thirty three fourteen, so he is now officially up there ahead of him. Still we have let's see, do you Carl Yastremsky, Paul Molliterter, Hannis Wagner. So it's a lot of famous names. Derek is at number six, and I was scrolling through to see where each hero was and this guy was like, I couldn't remember exactly how many eachi ro hits there were in the major leagues. In the major leagues, he had three thousand and eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Hits in his major league career.
Speaker 1: Dude, it's an insurd and it started at the age of twenty seven. I just want to play it out for it.
Speaker 4: That was the thing that got me.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's funny because they were I was watching a broadcast the other day and they were doing this bit where they were like, they were talking about pool holes and three thousand and they were saying, who are the next guys that are going to be able to get there? And they had shown you know, Awtuve is kind of like thirty two years old, kind of close, and they were talking about Machado and Machado's got like seventeen hundred He's only twenty nine years old, and they're showing these five guys who are on this list, like who could be the next three thousand hitter, and they're kind of arguing about it, and I had the same thing in my head. I'm looking and I go, my god, each Row at twenty seven reached three thousand hits, and we're looking at these guys who have, at twenty nine years old, seventeen hundred and maybe they'll get there. I was two years younger, and he did what Icha did was it's one of those like hindsight type of things. We look back and we're like, wow, he was incredible. He really was well.
Speaker 1: And Mike Marriages threw up here that Eachiro had another twelve hundred and seventy eight hits in Japan, which is what I was alluding to. Next, the point is combined, he's at forty three sixty seven, and a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people say, oh, it doesn't count. It was Japan. You came up at eighteen years old, this guy. Okay, so let's say take away the first eighty games. Let's take away eighty hits or whatever he's got. Right after that, you got to realize the Japanese seasons.
Speaker 1: Are short by thirty games practically, so you know, he's playing one hundred and thirty games, one hundred and thirty five games, whatever he's doing here. So even with that, if he had been playing in Major League baseball since the age of let's say twenty or twenty one, I have almost zero doubt in my mind, barring a catastrophic injury, a fluke injury, that Eachiro wouldn't have the most hits in the.
Speaker 2: History of baseball, and we'd look at him differently.
Speaker 1: When people say who's hit King, I know they say, well, Pete Rose, but I always say Echiro, And I think it does matter professional baseball. You have a four thousand hits in your career, and the people then make the argument about, well, you know he's not facing, he's good of pitching, all this stuff. That that argument doesn't hold water because when the dude came over here, he broke the single season hit record. So don't tell me about how he couldn't hit major league pitching back now, of course he could have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not going to count the the stuff he got in Japan like as a totality and be like he is the true I think he would have been though, Like I'm what he did, They're awesome.
Speaker 2: When he thirty games in Japan every.
Speaker 3: Year, he would have done it for sure. I'm not gonna look at him and go, oh, well, he is the number one hit leader, because if I add those two together, it is a bit of a different game. But I don't think it's as dramatic as people think. And regardless of the point, back to your point was that had he been here from the jump, he would probably have two or three hundred hits on Pete Rose right now. And it is fascinating to look at, going back to Poolholes for a second, that pool Holes is definitely gonna get to ten. But the question is is can he get past Honus Wagner. Is he gonna get another one hundred hits? You know, because he's gonna get to ten easy. He Gristremsky and Honus Wagner are within one hit of each other. So if he can get there, it's either he gets to ten or he's eight. And then there's a little bit of a shot at maybe seven or something like that. That's as high as pool Holes is gonna get.
Speaker 1: Trent here with some great stats here each wrote some of the most off the wall stats of all time baseball history. Two thousand hits in less than ten seasons, average two hundred and twenty hits in his first ten major league baseball seasons. Just absolutely stunning there. Speaking of stunning a crazy baseball stories, I saw this on the internets yesterday. The Yankees cut third round pick Jake Sandford for allegedly stealing bats and gloves from his teammates and then trying to sell them online. He also allegedly scam fan selling autographed equipment and never delivering it.
Speaker 2: I mean, is this the strictest story you've ever heard of it?
Speaker 3: I told you I'm actually gonna talk a little bit about it on another show, Prospect One. But likes many people know, I really like like autograph stuff.
Speaker 4: I got all this stuff here.
Speaker 3: I'm into memorabilia and I follow some groups. I had actually seen this claim four ish months ago of people being like, first it was, hey, Jake Samford is on these groups saying he's gonna do his own signing because people do private signs.
Speaker 4: I have a couple of friends promoter.
Speaker 1: Of those, like Julio's done one like if they do yeah, yeah, people they come in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the yeah agents they cut deals and these guys they put these signs where you can send in and get st the autograph.
Speaker 4: So he was doing like his own and people like, hey, check this out.
Speaker 3: Da da da, And then all of a sudden, people started being like, hey, Samford is scamming people.
Speaker 4: He's not doing it. And I kind of watched it from afar and I was like, this is really interesting.
Speaker 3: And then it came out that he was not only scamming fans, he was like stealing teammates stuff. This is a third round pick who had a really good year last year, who got a signing bonus, and people really like he was stealing these guys stuff, and he was like going out and putting it on eBay or whatever the hell he was doing. This is wild. This is wild. He got a big signing bonus too. I don't understand it. It's a crazy story. I would love to like read twelve more articles about what.
Speaker 4: The hell is going on.
Speaker 3: And by the way, he just signed with the Ottawa Frontiers Baseball League, Like he deleted all his social media and stuff and then he went and signed and is playing you know, out of the States.
Speaker 2: Now, what a weird thing.
Speaker 3: To do.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's I don't know, so strange.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to some of the stat heroes of the day. Obviously Nick Pivetta at the top of the list of pitchers. Who would have thought that against the Astros eight k's no walks stunning, a complete game for him. Zach Wheeler was very good yesterday. Nine k's no walks for him, no earned seven innings. So Zach Wheeler clearly has found himself again. Do you think it was the shoulder at the beginning of the season and having that delay?
Speaker 2: Was that the problem?
Speaker 1: Or I mean, do you think maybe it was just a fluky start to the season. What do you make of the early struggles of Wheeler and now Wheeler looking very reminiscent of the guy who was dominating last year.
Speaker 4: I think it was Inurie stuff.
Speaker 3: If you remember, I have a vivid memory of the injuries in the preseason because in taut he had he had just gotten hurt, and there was this kind of like interim period of was he going to really be able to was he gonna miss time? What was going to happen? And then it was he was going to throw in the spring training game. So I got him at a discount, and people were moving away from him. I think readjustments to what we saw in the off season of you know, guys not being able to work out with teams, also suffering a little bit of injury that set him back.
Speaker 4: Maybe you've got some weather stuff. I think all of those play in.
Speaker 3: I definitely am kind of tuned into the preseason injury setting him back a little bit, and then he's just right back at it, which I'm very happy about.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Drew Rasmisen did not throw one hundred pitches five or in run seven k's Jordan Lyles was also good on the other side of the Yankee Gay whood have thought that eight k's two earned runs, Garrett Cole five Kays two earned over seven shoho Atani seven k's two earned runs, and Josiah Gray three earned six inning seven strikeouts for him. Austin Riley was my bi loo this week, and the article that I wrote or contributed to I shouldn't say wrote, I contributed to over on fantasypros dot com. The power numbers are there. He was just struggling a little bit, just by Austin Riley. Anywhere you can, if you still can't. Jazz Chisholm two for two with a dinger. He continues to be red hot Jared Walsh with the two home runs. Let's talk about Jazz Chishm right now. Jazz Chisholm is electric. He is exciting to watch. He is great for the game. The different hair color, the speed, the helmet flying off when he rounds second base. He is everything I feel like we should be excited about for baseball. And I want more. I want more publicity for Jazz Chisholm. Who is I gotta say, out performing a lot of our expectations. Many of us were a little concerned they wouldn't be able to do reach that level. He has done that, so everybody that was on Chishm has absolutely been validated so far. Can he maintain this pace in any way, shape or form whiles.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean that was the question that my concern and why I was fading on him this year was I put him in the Jave Baya's camp that he could be streaky. You know, he doesn't. His walk rate isn't great. He swings through a whole bunch. He can be a big strikeout guy. That's a problem. He's always trying to pull. He is trying to pull and smash baseballs. He's got electric batspeed, just like Kave Bayas. So my concern and sometimes you do that when you look at these guys, you go, well, you know, you can put two and two together and say, you know, this type of style equals this type of style, so the results might be the same. And it was that, well, you know, the team context just kind of get out of it. He's been incredible. Can he maintain it?
Speaker 4: I don't know, that's the question here, Like this is his problem.
Speaker 3: Is he can get really strikeout heavy, he can get just swinging at every single pitch. And what will pitchers do to adjust to him? That's the other question. We don't know yet what needs to be adjusted to him as a hitter and how is he going to react at this point though I'm not going to even harp on that pres that I was fade.
Speaker 1: Did we see the adjustment last year? Ready Welsh to Chisholm, like his readjustment to the league?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well no, And I think the beginning of this season is he his readjustment to the league. So is there another That's what I was saying, Is there another readjustment.
Speaker 4: And what is right now? How do you change and attack this guy?
Speaker 3: And you know, one of the ways you can do it, We can do it if we want to speculate is go to you know, like a baseball savant. We could look and see what the pitch mix is right now where is he really successful and you might get analytical.
Speaker 4: Let's just say as hypothetically.
Speaker 3: Because I'm not looking at it right now, but let's say he's, you know, hitting fastballs at a three point fifty clip right now, where last year he was hitting him at two eighty. And he's not really hitting any breaking pitches. You might see own team coaches start to say they want to attack him with more off speed stuff out of the zone, and how is he going to adjust to that? All of that aside is to be the speculation. He's incredible right now. His power speed combo, he's electric. I think he's one of the better middle infield guys in baseball right now. I've boosted him up in my redraft ranks quite a bit because I think you have to, because he's a huge fantasy asset and he's not showing any of the hobby bias swings right now.
Speaker 4: He's just mashing, Yeah he is.
Speaker 1: Isaac Perettis two home runs against his former organization.
Speaker 2: That must have felt good for him.
Speaker 1: Luis Ariz had four run scored and a steel yesterday. Cole Calhoun another guy I talked about in the waiver wire video today, home run.
Speaker 2: He's hot right now.
Speaker 1: Look, he's a streaky player, and when he's running hot, I think he's rostered in less than twenty percent of leagues right now. He needs some help in the outfield. Go grab him. Ty Frantz, Well, he's been helpful. Home run two, RBIs three for five.
Speaker 2: Good and MJ. Melendez with a home run yesterday.
Speaker 1: Any of these other guys in the stat heroes and the hitters stick out to.
Speaker 3: You, Welsh, I mean MJ. Melndez has kind of cleaned up. I hate it in TGFBI to catch your league. I've had Melndez roster. I him rostered, but I had him starting when he got called up because you can play other spots and stuff. And then of course this week I took him out for you know, just a solid bat because he wasn't doing much.
Speaker 4: And he connects with his first two major league homers.
Speaker 3: He start and he you know, he's really getting the time and he's gonna get more continued time with Salvi Prez on the IL.
Speaker 4: So m J.
Speaker 3: Melndez is someone to continue watching because this is an opportunity right here for him to stick around for the long haul of the season. None of that was guaranteed, and this is the chance for him to long haul stay even when Cam Gallagher comes back. If he continues to hit, he can hit a couple other spots. With Salvi coming back, I think m J. Melndez could be around for a bit. And you know, any of these guys that can play more than just a catch are valuable.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's get to the stat zeros. Dalton Jeffries six earned runs over four hitting, Zach Davies five earned runs over four, Kirby Snead two thirds of an ending, five earned runs, Jake Walsh no outs.
Speaker 2: For earned runs.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the pinnacle, that's the chef's kiss of the stat Zeros.
Speaker 2: Come in there, give up two hits.
Speaker 1: Four earned runs, walk a guy and knock get it out at Duardo Escobar is zero for four with three k's. Boy, oh boy, the Escobar experiment is going to be coming to a halt pretty soon. Javey or Bayez Oh for four with three k's, Joey Bart Oh for four with three k's, Luis Robert Oh for four with three k's, Josh Bell over five just just a flat over five, also Oh for four but no strikeouts. Jad Ya Pez, Christian Walker, fordu Goo Sigura and Robbie Grossman. What is going on with Robbie Grossman. Robbie Grossman had a breakout season last year, and I know he's been a bit of a journeyman. I know he's bounced around a little bit. But everything looked like the guys sort of turned a corner. It looked like a really nice value and it is just completely disintegrated in people's hands this year. I have no shares, but I almost feel like I should send a greeting card or something to people who do, because.
Speaker 4: Send it too.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even bring it up to him.
Speaker 3: The yeah now now it's his number one play Hi, even Jack in the chat Bogman, It's Bogman's fault. This was like his number one targeted player. Every mock draft we did loved it.
Speaker 4: Uh, I did not.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big Tiger's outfield guy. I faded a kil Bado, I faded Robbie Grossman, and both have have worked out quite well for me right now. But yeah, we should all send Bogman a card or and I'm sorry, or you know, a care package of some sorts, maybe Omaha Steaks.
Speaker 1: Maybe I do. I do love the Omaha Steaks. Now, Max Meyer has not been good recently. He has been injured list with a nerve issue, so I mean there's something had to be up. We talked about it earlier in the week. Look just hold for now. Nerve issues can always be scary. I don't know how much detail we've gotten yet on this, uh, but I see here that about fourteen minutes ago wrote a wire A couple other places CBS reporting, So he's on the AyL, which, again, you don't want to see the guy hurt, but at least it explains what was going on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't, I didn't hear the Yeah, yeah, I mean too. And I hadn't heard about the il thing. I was worried because he was pretty walk heavy in his last start and he's gotten lit up. But it also this tells you the story. This tells you what's going on the problem is is in what capacity he do you hold? How long is this going to linger? How long does it take him to get back? I would say let's assume this is like a normal ish stent of eye L and then the return period. I think you're at least three weeks before there's a real possibility that he would be called up. So if you're just sitting him on a bench, this is your call. This is your call as a fantasy owner. You what do you do? If you've got NA spots, This is fantastic, but you know you might be upwards of a month before you actually now get Max And I don't know how much that's going to be worth. It's again depending on your roster size or how aggressive people are, because this could be one of those situations you dump them and everybody swoops him up if they've got roster.
Speaker 4: That's my fear. I don't think it's definitive if you can keep him. Yeah, I just don't think it's definitive that you keep him at this point. It's there's context to it.
Speaker 2: It's a roster to roster issue.
Speaker 1: I definitely agree with that, and if you have questions about that, you can always ask. That's the perfect thing on Discord to ask us when you go over to Discord and you join that at fanacros dot com slash chat. These are the kind of things we could talk it out with your roster. All right, Let's go to the home run board and there you go, Niking of the North at fourteen, de Blum at fourteen, and all I do is win at thirteen, Larry Ce up to thirteen. Also Larry C called Mike Trout yesterday and at De la Gadio with Justin Turner moved up to eleven. So nice job there by, my boy adele. Let's go to the betting pros section here, and of course he's from the prop bet cheat sheet.
Speaker 2: But if you're gonna make a wager.
Speaker 1: We strongly encourage you to use the promo code leading off at bet mgm, the King of sports books, bet ten dollars win two hundred on any game, regardless of the outcome. When you sign up today and download the bet mgm app or go to betmgm dot com. Bet responsibly, and by betting responsibly, I mean make sure you use the promo code leading off, but in all seriously bet responsibly it's fun, but again, have some discipline with it and take some free money. We're giving it to you over at bet MGM with the promo code leading off.
Speaker 3: That coat, by the way, that crown is just what's that clean? That crown is so clean.
Speaker 2: It's just so.
Speaker 4: Pretty interesting point.
Speaker 2: It looks good.
Speaker 3: It's completely cha Yeah, no, I can tell it's plastic, but it's just a very clean.
Speaker 4: It looks good on your head when you do the reado.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm very regal, I said, just generally speaking, i have a very very regal, very kingly features.
Speaker 2: It's a very strong, ye funny looking nose.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know you don't you got the nose, you got kind of the eyebrowight, Yeah, you are very regal, very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it covers up my giant bald head, which is also helpful. George Kirby tonight over on bet MGM. The strikeout prop minus one fifty six is the Jews.
Speaker 2: But it's three and a half. Three and a half.
Speaker 1: That sounds like an easy one to me, Aaron Judge at total bases one and a half, the Jews is won minus one fifteen. Bryce Harper's got even money on the same total base prop at one and a half, same with Stanton is also even Corey seeger one and a half total bases at plus one thirty tonight against fran Barvaldez in Houston. Then you got Cedric Mullins at plus one twenty five at the total base prop at one and a half. You've got Austin Hayes at one and a half also a plus one twenty against Jordan Montgomery. Both of those guys, and then Kyle Tucker total bases against two who I believe is the bus driver from the Simpsons at one and a half plus one ten. Those are all I bet MGM, so go bet them today. Oh Welsch, did you have anything that stuck out to you on this Well?
Speaker 3: I really like the Kirby one. That's one that I'm gonna play. I gotta tell you, Like Judge continue, I want to play it every single day, Judge, I want to play every single day. There is a part of me that has this like it's gonna stop at some point, but he is so hot right now. I think it's always going to stand out in any projection system. Look for hit ones too. I actually played a that was a really nice one. They had just singular one hit for Stanton and Alonzo yesterday and Stanton didn't play, and then Alonzo got the homer and I won the bet. I didn't win a whole bunch, but I put those two together. But it was just one hit. So look for those on your book if they're giving it, because if you take any of those two hot guys, you can put those together. And I liked that one. Those are a couple of guys Pete Alonzo I like today. I would probably play it at one and a half total basis. The other one is a Gallon. So Zach Gallen strikeouts, Cubs bottom twenty five, one of the you know, the six or seven worst teams as far as strikeouts go. I think they average around nine a game. Zach Gallon's at five and a half on strikeouts. So I might put Gallen and Kirby together in a little strikeout prop for some extra juice and play that out.
Speaker 1: Here you go, Jesse Elg's and foremost Melons is out today. So that's very disappointing because I just look at these first thing in the morning, God them up into the show sheet. But now my one's not in the lineup. So I hate you get scratching that one off your list. It's the worst, especially when you're like, oh, that's a really good one.
Speaker 2: Nope, he's not there.
Speaker 1: DFS, you could put Kirby together on DK along with Framber Valdez or Gallon. Valdez is just eight point five, Kirby's just seven point eight. Rich Hill is real cheap at six point five. I feel like it's a trap, but I'm curious. I would stick with Framber Valdez and Kirby. I think that's a good situation there. If you want to go Gallon and Valdez, you can on DK on the single pitch your site, Kirby's eight point five on Fandal, Gallon is ten point six. I'd rather split the difference and just go rambervald Does at nine to seven, and then it's stack up Houston. Speaking of Houston, that's where I'm going for my home run call tonight with Jordan Alvarez, going to go back to what works. I'm at six Welsh Where you're going for your home run call? Who's going yard.
Speaker 4: Well, I mentioned it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go with mister Pete Alonzo, who doesn't have a big old track record against Dakota Hudson, but he is hitting four hundred against him. He did it last night. We go back to back, so let's see if the team is hyper aggressive. Somebody then go card said, can we get a prop bet on? Does Pete get hit by a pitch? But I'm going to go with mister Pete Alonzo today.
Speaker 2: There you go, who's Mike Mayer goot today?
Speaker 4: Say the same thing? Oh does hey?
Speaker 2: Luis Robert is where he's going today? So there you have it.
Speaker 1: If you want to make a home run call, go join our discord or at fantasypros dot com slash Chat free to join, but when you're a premium subscriber, you can hang out in the home Run channel and make your picks. You can also be part of stages, be part of the AMA channels where Welsh is where I am, where we take questions from everybody and we have some nice conversations about that. And don't forget bet mgm where the bet mgm app used that.
Speaker 2: Promo code leading off. And lastly, let's get this number to seven k. We can do this. We've got goals here.
Speaker 1: So if you haven't already subscribed to the channel, because again, it's not just the show now. We're doing some of these other side videos for the Waiver Wire for by los Hi. We're gonna start that now as a weekly thing, So click that little bell for notifications when you subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB.
Speaker 2: That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on For the Welsh, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids,