Speaker 1: Hey, I'm sure this has been addressed, but forgive me. Are you like in the corner of a restaurant.
Speaker 2: About to get shots.
Speaker 3: I'm in a hotel. It's like a cafe in this hotel called eleven Howard Awesome. There's a place called the Library. They serve food, but then there's this little back area that's not intrusive to anyone because it's like a library. So people are doing work, so I don't think they really want this energy for them. So I've gone to the back, which is a little bit more dimly lit as you can see, and so I'm right underneath a lamp.
Speaker 4: Vibe strong. The vibe are strong, for sure.
Speaker 5: There's lots of photo shops on Twitter waiting for you. You are more than welcome to stay, but if you've got other things to do you can go to.
Speaker 6: It's really whatever you like. This is it's time.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just having a good time with you guys. Is there anything else you guys feel it was worth addressing? Oh wait, really quick, Cloud, because I haven't talked to you about this. I'm really sad for brock Perty. I'm sorry that it went down like that. That stinks. It really, Yes, that stinks.
Speaker 1: Had the same vibe to me just as a just as as a as a fan of Game six of the twenty nineteen finals, yep, where the Raptors won. It's just kind of like, well, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 4: And when guys get hurt, it's hard to win.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 3: You're like Clays down, Kd's down, and the.
Speaker 1: Raptors are really good too, Like I don't want it's not taken away from them.
Speaker 4: They could have won the series anyways. But that's just how I felt about about Sunday. So it sucks. But figures crossed these back by camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, otherwise, you guys are screwed.
Speaker 4: We're hitting that used check over next year.
Speaker 3: I did not play that, but I was watching for that, and I was like, Kyle cannot give me out anymore bets he's got, He's got no credibility left in the bank. His good will ut negative. His good will for bets is at is literally negative, for what it's worth.
Speaker 4: That was tongue in cheek the you check over, Well you did.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that I could have played that, and you didn't say hey JK JK crying. There was no hint of jokes.
Speaker 4: All Caps.
Speaker 3: Where's Kenny in the middle of trade deadline week? Where where's Kenny?
Speaker 5: He's actually out by you. He's in Baltimore. Okay, he's in Baltimore.
Speaker 4: For Orioles fan fest.
Speaker 3: Orioles media. Did I get it?
Speaker 6: You got to get the hat. He's going to get the limited edition Oreles. He had to do it in.
Speaker 3: Old Tree Man Seni jersey on sale.
Speaker 6: It'll fly back tomorrow. He'll be back with us next week.
Speaker 3: Well, I miss you, guys, I love you guys. I can't wait one thing him. What's your one prediction in terms of who surprisingly gets moved and it cannot be Kyrie or Katie.
Speaker 2: Mmm, I think o g gets moved.
Speaker 3: Do you have a thought about where he goes?
Speaker 2: No, I think it's going to be a bidding war though. I mean, I think you know we're seeing that like possible Pelicans, possible Grizzlies. I think you'll see Portland try to jump into that fray if they can come up with the assets. Yeah, he would be the one guy. Just like the vibe, there's weird in Toronto and it feels like things are coming to an end and his value is really high, right, now with two years left on his contract, And yeah, that would be the guy that I would think it's moved.
Speaker 3: You think that it's shade and sharp and Jeremy Grant, is that what that would have to be?
Speaker 2: And like a pick, I think no, they they really like Jeremy Grant. I think they believe he's going to stick around. So I would think you might be right about shade and sharp, But like, maybe can you do that with Simon's I don't know, Like I think that they would have to get creative. But that's just like Wheland's not high, Nurk is out for ye like until to the All Star break. So a lot of people just think that it's time for them to call it in, just like, hey, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 3: That's what I think it's called. It's called packing it up. It's you made it up.
Speaker 6: You're ready to do that now you made.
Speaker 3: A valiant effort. Guys Like I'm fine with Dame just going off for fifty on any given night. I do not care about winning games right now. I don't. I just don't. I'm fine with just getting Why not Scoop Henderson, get rid of Anthonny Simons.
Speaker 2: You Caul probably get a little oh go on, wow, oh she's back, Stop talking about her.
Speaker 5: But said, I was mildly terrifying the way it just went black and how your face was really close to the screen when it came back.
Speaker 4: That was the start of a horror movie for sure.
Speaker 3: It's like dead Me. It's like dead me. I see dead people.
Speaker 5: At eight here with Trista at this place in New York. Goodness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm dropping. I'm gonna go ahead and drop pins so you guys know where I'm at.
Speaker 4: You know, the Streamyard.
Speaker 1: Streamyard is like this is too much Blazers. Yeah, that's far too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm interested to see if Phoenix goes to get Oji getting like maybe moved DeAndre or something.
Speaker 4: Well, is the trade him now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, here here's a question. You can both respond, Kyle, what what?
Speaker 6: What are the Warriors?
Speaker 5: The Warriors like every like week or so and still fear in the rest of the Western Conference, and then the next week it's like.
Speaker 6: Ah, not so much.
Speaker 4: That's what they are, Like, that's what they are.
Speaker 1: Last year this time they were forty and thirteen, and everyone's like, hey, why are you giving up on them? They won the title last year and look at because they weren't twenty six and twenty six.
Speaker 3: The remember the Boston Boston was five hundred at the deadline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Boston had good players. But Boston has had last year had was way deeper than this Warriors team.
Speaker 1: Like the Warriors are going like eight deep right now because they just don't have guys.
Speaker 4: It gets it's just.
Speaker 3: Getting ready for the playoffs. Just get the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I love doing that in early February because they like the fact they chased the win last night in Denver and didn't rest everybody except for Clay and then Draymond got hurt, but Steph played and Wiggins played on the back end of the back to back after blowing a fourteen point fourth quarter lead in Minnesota, it was just like, dude, what are we? This is not like okay that so they make the playoffs, fine, but are they gonna beat four teams four times out of seven?
Speaker 4: I just don't. I just don't.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what assets they have that are tradable that anybody's gonna want, Like nobody wants James.
Speaker 6: They burn all those young guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like James Wiseman has no trade value right now. Moses mood he has no trade value right now. Jonathan Amingo does, but I don't think they want to let him go.
Speaker 3: So they only want to get rid of guys who have no trade value.
Speaker 1: Right It's like, what we're gonna do is we're gonna trade our bad players to other teams for the other teams good players, and that's how we're gonna build a one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just don't. I don't like, do they need to make a move.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just don't know what it is. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't see it.
Speaker 3: What about you guys trying to go out and get Kyrie Irving the Warriors?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 1: So so actually so my boss Matt and Higgen and God love him. He comes in and he goes, hey, so let's think about this from the Warriors perspective, Like it's a no, right. I was like yes, And he's like, but just basketball wise, and I'm like, yeah, man, Like they don't need another guy who can score the ball and then not play defense. They just like Jordan Pool for Kyrie Irving straight across? Are the Warriors that much better?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think the way you talk about Kyrie in relationship to uh to the Warriors, is would if the Lakers got him, they're a game and a half behind the Warriors. What does it mean for the Warriors?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 2: That's where you're you're if you're covering it from that angle, that's that's a scary proposition.
Speaker 4: But then it's like, are they trade Russ?
Speaker 1: Is their only tradable asset there unless they're gonna stack like nine guys which are not so is Russ gonna go play with Katie again?
Speaker 4: How does that? It's just.
Speaker 2: And really bad picks, like really really future like twenty seven, twenty nine, right, that's all they can offer? Yeah, yeah, not great?
Speaker 3: Noikes, good stuff.
Speaker 5: Kyrie on Phoenix is concerning I read og in New Orleans was a thing too. Those are two teams that are both behind Sacramento.
Speaker 4: OG in New Orleans would be sick. The Pelicans would be really hard to beat.
Speaker 6: They just what do they give?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: They just have to Like I mean, they've played without one or the other before, Like I don't feel that this skid is like massive for them. Yea, yeah, they've struggled without one guy. They've They've never struggled like this, Yeah, Ingram's been back for a handful of games now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, they need to figure something out. Zion's nowhere to be found. So I don't know what that is about.
Speaker 6: Did James said he was reading something today he just started to run.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, this is like the very vintage Zions.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They said they're not putting any time for a return on him at all. So I mean, I don't think he'll be back by the All Star break, or maybe he'll be back after the All Star break, but like, it seems like very zion Ish to come back the day before the All Star Break and then play in the All Star Game and then and then missed a bunch of time after there.
Speaker 5: Yes, Unfortunately, trist is gonna go glue herself to the NBA offices in New York to get dear and into the All Star Game.
Speaker 6: This is always the funnest hour of the week.
Speaker 7: D lo In Casey airs three to seven pm Eastern on the Odyssey Network and on thirteen to twenty ESPN Radio. You can also find them on YouTube. They do live broadcast awesome Get into the Chatty House one of the funnest things to do on a Friday. That is all the time though that we have for the Heat Check. Please check out the feed for past episodes and many episodes which drop almost every single day. They do. Follow us also on the Heat Check.
Speaker 3: As the season continues to heat up.
Speaker 7: Please do not forget to download subscribe, Please do not forget to tell your friends, every single damn one of them, and follow us on SOCIALI at this heat Check and at Trista Creek on TikTok