Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance. However, before we get to this week's episode, I want to remind you guys to purchase my book No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power. So feel free to go to your local bookstores preferably queer owned, black owned, or woman owned to support them, but also just click the button on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, or wherever you read your books. Again. That is No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power written by yours truly and my co host of the Decisions Decisions podcast, Weezy. Make sure y'all get that. Now let's get to this week's episode. This is Mandy B. Welcome to Selective Ignorance, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Hey guys, welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance with your girl, Mandy B. If you are newly here because you possibly caught the viral clip of me and my co host Jah letting you guys know that there is a right and wrong way to do white women, welcome you shared just a lot of our ignorant takes here that you may or may not agree with, but that's what we bring you here for to actually hopefully get your mind working, to get your own opinion. And this week we are getting into all of the mess we have. Of course some ignorant thoughts over the last week, but in this is America, we're talking Cardi b versus homeland security. Oh yeah, we're getting into it. And then of course Don Lemon and Big Messa recently sat down to talk about ice out. Where do we think ice will head? Next? We're getting into that, and then this is not a sports podcast, but baby, finally we are talking our thoughts on bad Boney and the Super Bowl and how America was really upset, but also how they put on a trash as a Super Bowl half time performance for themselves though whites were upset that they couldn't do anything good. Okay, it was given unseasoned over there. But then we're also getting into All Star weekend? Is it over? Does the NBA need help? He need some what's David Thurn actually better? Commissioner? Jesus, We're getting into all the things including burner accounts and y'all know what that means. Yes, Kevin Durant, We're coming for you. And then the celebrities say the darnest things yet again, New York niggas are embarrassing. We have Tony Ao uncle murder versus job rule, and somehow losing flight benefits not scaring them half to death because they said this beef last. But elba, we're getting into a y'all. And I am also joined by none other than my souper bad Bread, who said we have journalism Jason and Jersey period Gang Gang, and I'd be yelling at gang Gang. It's still my morning. Still, can I say that it is probably one of the best things that you brought to my life? You don't know, but literally, no, no, no, no, roduced me to chef boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, but here's the thing. We mentioned that we brought up that song to you before.
Speaker 3: And he.
Speaker 2: Too much gangster ship, you know, And then I think, I think we're happened with Mandy.
Speaker 3: She needs to see it. She's a visual.
Speaker 1: I liked all the ass shaking in the right banded I mean.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: And then y'all, we have the King of headline Jason Joe God.
Speaker 3: Blessing all the yet niggas. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Can I just tell you too, maybe I'm in New York too long. I was talking to my homegirls this morning and literally we're on a phone call right right before I came in the pod, and oh, I was talking about what ongause he can't decide how he feels he's in his fields, right, and so I was like, I just need him to decide. Is it is one mic? She said, did you just say Uchi, Wally or what Mike? I know those are not, like I said, girl, that's like the New York adult version of six seven?
Speaker 3: Like which one?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And she was like, I've never heard you say that. I said, well, I'm in pod mode right now, girl, and it's like which one is? You need to pick one? And she's like, I'm not gonna lie. It's Wally for me? Okay what I mean?
Speaker 3: I said, No one ever.
Speaker 1: Like one mic? Way better? Everybody like aged, well though.
Speaker 5: It goes context, taken out of context of like who Nas was at the time, and you just do it now you're like knocks.
Speaker 3: I've never liked cool Nas. I don't like Playboy. You know, he might be there, but.
Speaker 4: Like Barbara stand concert.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but at least that is like, okay, but don't try to be like you.
Speaker 2: The fly Nigga in the club like I don't know was more so for Brave Hearts. I think the real song that should be in question was.
Speaker 6: Me, Yeah, I think that might be the okay, okay, okay, let's say.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And with the expectation of what he should.
Speaker 1: Be, those are two completely.
Speaker 2: Different and that and that was always been arguing the not the people with Anti Nas. They couldn't fathom that he would do a club record and then he do the Conscious Ship.
Speaker 3: That's you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And maybe this is me being my little nineties baby one sixth and Parker. All I need is one mic and he just looks. So that's what I actually only like nos from that record, I know, don't know child the.
Speaker 3: Girl right right right, that's good. That's good. If iru the world, the world is your none of that, you know, it.
Speaker 1: Was it was it was it was oh, I no existing. I mean, it wasn't part of your playlist like okay no, but that one mic, like I know I can. I actually hated that song, which is why, let me be very clear, with as much as I love Cole and y'all will hear our fall off take. That's why that song that I think he did end up winning a Grammy with Dirk. It sounded like this.
Speaker 3: It was very you know, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm very much them kids. I don't want to hear kids yelling on him.
Speaker 3: I know what I want.
Speaker 1: To be, bro, take the ship to the kids. Body want to hear that with with my o gs.
Speaker 2: Bro, No listen to some of the need to listen to that song today.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, get into.
Speaker 1: With some ignorant takes that we have. I guess minus mine is gonna be brief for those of y'all who don't know. I am literally just landed today from a long stint on the West Coast, starting in Vegas. So I went to Las Vegas. I went to the Spear to catch the Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 3: I'm very jealous. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I mean, we gotta wait on some checks to happen for the pop but I would love us to do a group trip to go to the Spear to see the Wizard of Oz. I heard they like drop apples and ship from like it's really like the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Backstreet Boys have left, but they are girls. Would y'all want to come to y'all dont want to see Spice girls?
Speaker 3: I would the experience, but all the girls.
Speaker 1: I think it's all the girls, right, Oh, Ginger, Ginger, Carrie, one of them? No, I love.
Speaker 6: I thought I thought one of them was like a year old Meagan now or something like that.
Speaker 1: What is literally with David Beckham?
Speaker 3: That's she might be too rich to want to even she might, you know.
Speaker 1: But now I went to the sphere got to see Backstreet Boys live. It was great. If you get to see them. I think that they're leaving and doing like global shows for the rest of the year. It was a good time. I dressed up in my all white, my my little child self had a great time. I want to.
Speaker 4: Tell you that shit, you get ready with me? He did?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh, I did a whole get ready. Yeah you know.
Speaker 4: Boys get ready?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but let me let me tell you too.
Speaker 6: I don't know what the discord was talking about. When it was like somebody in discord was like, I thought we was about to see oh, Coucie lips and something, And I was like, what the fuck are they talking about?
Speaker 3: And I was like I don't have time to respond to this. I'll find out, lady.
Speaker 1: I love y'all over on Patreon, because if you're in the discord, that means you're on the Patreon join now patreon dot com discord is. But the way y'all thought I was giving coochie lips for five dollars a month's crazy. Put your get your thousand dollars. No, but I got to see the Bactery Boys through an adult less and so I want to share my thoughts as an adult of the backstorye boys. First off, as children, we are really misguided on what good looking attracting. First thought Nick Carter and Brian being who we thought were like the hottest back then e yuck. Like I didn't realize that Brian should have probably when the backstreet boy stop should have just went on, what is it Twilight? What's the one when it's the vampires versus the world? He's he's eating the werewolf aesthetic? Okay eating. Then you have Nick Carter that we know as not only sexual assault allegation, a weird case like like cottage cheese. Okay, Howie is so Howie? You don't even notice some one?
Speaker 4: He's just happy to be there.
Speaker 1: He's just happy to be there. He's literally happen to be there. But here's the things that I realized the most is the vocal god of the group. Growing up, you thought it was Nick and Brian because of how they positioned. No, no, no, no, AJ has vocals down. He is the lead fucking person. He's like, he's like just also just cool. It's like, yeah, you almost didn't fit in a boy band, Like you're too cool. And then let me tell you what I have to tell you. I have a new white I know he's married.
Speaker 3: Oh new white. Alert white alert.
Speaker 1: Kevin will get taken down. Kevin was never like anyone that any of the girls liked growing up.
Speaker 4: He was the old one. He was the old one.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: It's because he was given too mature as a.
Speaker 3: Ten year old? Who Vin?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Right now? With the man? butN and he's about six four, I'm like, why the fun was we looking at the niggas? That was fine too, like Kevin is him and I was like, damn, I also want to share it as an adult. I'm singing down loving all the songs I want to tell y'all one of the worstly aged songs as an adult. It's the most hater shit ever. Now the song is called if You are a Backstreet Fan all I have to give y'all. In the middle of singing the lyrics, I said, oh my god, I said, this is a bump anthem. Yeah, I don't ever want a nigga sing this to me at all.
Speaker 3: Wait, what was the that made you turn the corner?
Speaker 1: First off, it starts with I don't know what he does to make you cry? So first off, you're.
Speaker 6: Dirty Mac dirt listen, but that's foundational R and B dirty Max.
Speaker 1: But here we go. I'll be there to make you smile. Here he go here too. I don't have a fancy car to even get to you. I'd walk a thousand miles. Nigga, you soak yo, your cars broke down. Now say you're gonna walk to me, which means you probably can't afford a flight. Also, so now you're dirty macking from.
Speaker 4: Longbo on a budget?
Speaker 3: On a budget?
Speaker 1: How are you dirty mack and on a budget? Then it says I don't care if he buys you nice things? Does his gifts come from the heart? Nigga, do you want to draw me a guy car. I don't know, but if you were my girl, I'd make it so we'd never be apart. But then here we go. My love is all I have to give. Without you, I don't think I could live. Not only are you dirty macking, you're broke. You want to just say it's under me. You're also now making it seem like you're about to kill yourself if I don't give you a chance. This is just give me. I was like, I don't want that type of love to ever find me. So literally, while I'm singing I'm recording it, I said, oh my god, this is a song for the BOMs. I could not. I literally was like, this is my least favorite song now and I actually like this song, mind you. It's when they dance. It's a really cute song. Not anymore as an adult.
Speaker 6: Showing up to a woman's house with dirty feet and like a razor to your wrist talking about.
Speaker 3: Can I please have some pussy is a crazy way.
Speaker 5: Well I got a nigga with a car by me, but yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Like it was just complete dirty macking and he had nothing to offer but love. Then he like literally starts to like, does he listen when you talk? Baby, tell me your problems then then here we go. I'll try my best to kiss them all the way. You're gonna kiss these bills away. So now you just offer, But.
Speaker 5: You don't have a building when you're a team. That's why, that's why it hit.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie offering to kiss my problems away. It's like you.
Speaker 4: Our homework and your best friends.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? You know what, I'm gonna shot them. I'm gonna shot them a little bit of bail. Here we go. Maybe not the bum bail. Maybe i'mnahoo him some bumbail. I'mna shootim some bumbail.
Speaker 6: Maybe the nigga's just a masochist and he's just like yo, I just need to suffer, Like I will fuck myself up for you, girl, like you could chain me with me, fuck me up, however you want to have your way with me.
Speaker 3: I just want you to be in my life.
Speaker 1: What the niggaway?
Speaker 8: Guard?
Speaker 1: Don't get this man guard? No, No, that sounds terrible. Anyways, ten out of ten, it was like they did great. I do also want to say that they were petitioning themselves for Super Bowl as a superb performer, and apparently they're petitioning it Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears, so that is the petition that they're trying to do. I'm not gonna lie as a biracial I wouldn't mad. I wouldn't be mad for the male super Bowl next year, not even.
Speaker 4: I think that's a really good super Bowl pre show.
Speaker 3: Oh damn, I.
Speaker 6: Don't think they got Wait, Brittany Russell, Britney Spears and the Boys.
Speaker 4: This Britney Now.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, like that that that you can't you can't put this Brittany now or that Kevin or that maybe that Kevin, but that that Brian now out on the rain stage and HD now four K you feel.
Speaker 1: Like he's right, bro, She's clean. She and mind you, she's doing the same dances. She just needs to stop wearing the running Maskara.
Speaker 3: Don't get no sharp objects, and like we could be all right.
Speaker 1: I would actually so be here for that.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing about.
Speaker 6: Here's why I'm not mad at it though, because I think, like this this bad bunny performance, and we're gonna talk about that down the line, but I feel like this was kind of like It felt like the last vestiges of culture called the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Everyone feels it in the air, like Okay, we might not get no more of this, like we've had our good little run maybe year but no. But here's the thing. We all expect a white act to come up. But a white act. A white act could be somebody that niggas don't care about it at all, or a white act could be something like this that black people and other people actually fuck with people.
Speaker 6: Black people fuck with the Backstreet Boys, black people fucked with Brittain Seals.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be that.
Speaker 5: The record too. Brittany has already done it. She did it with that's true. Oh yeah, I thought black people fucked with Backstreet Boys too. There was three of us in the whole spirit.
Speaker 4: Oh man, do you give each other head?
Speaker 1: Because Wednesday maybe people didn't want to take the pt O. The tickets were also very expensive, But I don't know.
Speaker 5: It was where the blacks divided between and Sink and Backstreet Boys they.
Speaker 1: Were and I think, yeah, the blacks went to in sync.
Speaker 5: I look at you know when mister hip hop, I think on the low two black people like ninety eight degrees, hold on, look yeah, because because they stole a lot of boys to men flow.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's fair unpacking order of course, order, but I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I wait, I was today years old when I knew that Jason or a king knew what a ninety eight degrees was.
Speaker 3: Yo, I have yo.
Speaker 2: I used to breathe ship sleep videos tr yeah, BT all of this ship.
Speaker 3: We want to pen the ship that you can't see on Who was.
Speaker 1: The lead singer in ninety eight degree?
Speaker 3: All right, now respect my name Nicholas. All right, Yeah that's a fact.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna but I used to work at MTV and so like we like, yeah, yeah, the residency at the Garden and like hold on, stop, each writer a different night to write about it to write about He.
Speaker 3: Didn't just work for MTV, he was MTV News TV news. Yeah, so let's do that. Yeah yeah, yeah, I forgot that.
Speaker 1: I actually, you know, journalism.
Speaker 6: Jameson got a polit surprise nigga, no, nigga, fucking all types of nigga.
Speaker 3: Wait, I want to go back to what you just said.
Speaker 6: What's up if if ninety eight degrees, Backstreet Boys and in Sync is a big three, who is Kendrick?
Speaker 3: Who is Drake and Who Is Cold?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's easy.
Speaker 3: We had to make this. Yeah. Yeah, First of all, this.
Speaker 1: Is three, which means.
Speaker 2: You see that you haven't out, you haven't don't You don't have to continue.
Speaker 3: You can just leave it there and let let the discord you know what, turn up?
Speaker 1: Discord?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What was your ignorant take for the week?
Speaker 3: All right, I love it. I don't like that. I'm already I just want to add one more thing to content there. That's quality.
Speaker 2: I don't think Sean Carter and the Rock Nation Embassy is picking the Backstreet Wars and any one of those big three groups probably next year, probably not. They're gonna stay on Cold, Yeah, who is who knows?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean the Blue on Mars or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like some type of happen. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the Little White Girls, whe like them?
Speaker 2: Now is music is reflecting music. Music is reflecting what we see in society. So what is going to happen between the next six months? Right from a societal standpoint that reflects musically, I think that's gonna dictate what happens in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, with that, we're gonna see.
Speaker 1: What's your little ignorant take friend.
Speaker 3: About the other halftimes stoke.
Speaker 1: Oh, you look like you came ready with a read.
Speaker 3: Like we're all affected by the patriarchy, right, we're all affected.
Speaker 4: By Go check that episode out right?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 6: You ever heard that episode yet? Go get on that we're all affected by the patriarchy. But we all are old enough to know better. Okay, So, like I don't call women out their name. I you know, I try to be respectful of all the things that how we're supposed to comport ourselves, right, But when I see when I see things like racism white like white people, racism especially from white women or or or white passing women, like, it makes my misogyny flare up a.
Speaker 3: Little bit, just just just just a little bit. It makes it makes you want to it make you want to say something.
Speaker 6: And like I saw this story about this Colombian politician, Angela Viagara, and she's on the internet like boohoo and crime because her son got snatched up by I. She's a far right Republican co conservative, like Trump supporter type of person in Colombia and she's on on on the internet boohooing about her son got snatched up by ice and he was brutalized and all these things woo woop woop, and it just when I first saw my first reaction was like, bit shut up all that goddamn crime, Like little fucking asshole, like stop, like too short, Like yeah, I don't give a fuck about what you're talking about right now, Like you pretty much signed up for this with with these type of supporting Trump and holding onto these type of policies, and like, and you were in Columbia, like you're not even here and you carry it.
Speaker 3: I was just like that should just make me want to say.
Speaker 1: She's she's mad that they sent her son back to her m h.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know if he's even there yet. They might have him in a detention center or whatever the case is.
Speaker 4: They might send him someplace else. Sometimes they don't even.
Speaker 3: So Columbia, are you going to El Salvador.
Speaker 6: You're going from Morehouse the Mexican brother who right, he graduated more and they send him right back to Mexico.
Speaker 7: Wo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And he had advocates, you know, but it only matters when it affects them directly.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's the only way that this.
Speaker 1: Is an individualistic society. And to me, and if you guys listen, I did a bonus episode of the psychology around someone who is queer, someone who is first generation or the offspring of immigrants or maybe also immigrants, like their ideo ideology of still attaching themselves to this man at this point already said it, I don't give a if you out here with the Trump sign in your yard and now you mad that they come into YO goddamn city, because apparently they're showing up now in Atlanta, and they're showing up now and and they've been in New York already, so I guess that leads us to this is America.
Speaker 3: Don't got your slipping off, y'all.
Speaker 1: Cardi just not kicked off her little Miss driving tour literally last week. So she kicked it off in Palmdale Springs, I believe, in California, and literally she had a joke where she said, Hey, if Ice even think they're gonna show up to this ship, we gonna.
Speaker 3: Jump the motherfucker.
Speaker 1: She already said that we gotta we got beat. We gotta beef forever forever, and we all beefing with Ice.
Speaker 4: Forever on site.
Speaker 1: Immediately, look they're about to start tweaking.
Speaker 3: Respond yet now.
Speaker 1: Now, of course the clip went viral, which I'm not gonna hold you. We live, we live right now in a reality show. This is like this literally cannot be your every day So y'all Homeland Securityland Security literally well the Twitter to Homeland Security, they decided to get involved with or and kind of respond. They decided to respond by saying, which I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Was funny.
Speaker 1: Oh. She also said she has some bear mates. It's like the mafia in this shit. So Homeland Security took to their Twitter account, their ex account, and said, as long as she doesn't drug and rob our agents, we'll consider that an improvement over her past behavior. Now, Cardi is very political, always has been, and I love her. Her thing that she came back, she quote tweeted it and said, if we talk about drugs, let's talk about Epstein and friends drugging underage girls. Why y'all don't want to talk about thee Keep the main thing the main period that way, I'm not gonna a part of me. We've seen the White House tweak certain things. We also see the parading that they've been doing with Nicki Minaj, like you know, making the White House gag city, Like yeah, we know that. First off, Trump is cheap, so we know he's not hiring the immigrants for low paying work. So what they have now are interns running these social media someone that knows culture.
Speaker 3: You don't have it. I'm gonna make sure we get it. I gotta get that ten four a bucketead.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 6: A lot of conspiracy theory is that Nikki told them to write that now keep going, yeah, yeah, yeah, I believe.
Speaker 3: That Nicki Minaj told them like oh she's talking like that, oh say.
Speaker 1: This, and you know what, to be fair, she got time because boy does she go on rants for day.
Speaker 2: And I said, where's her response, not realizing that she already.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah the pastor.
Speaker 3: We don't even need to ten for.
Speaker 1: It's back.
Speaker 3: Yeah like that like that way, So wow, this is the time we end this is this is crazy shout out Cardi though, like, listen, man, but how close we are the politics though?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, and I think that we've said that a couple of weeks ago. This is the most politically social like everything that inside and we'll get into it when we talk about sports as well. Everything right now is political and I'm like Jesus Christ. It's pick a side with everything, which is also why pulling out the hypocrisy of things. But everything is actually now made political. There's almost no enjoyment of anything. We can't just be entertained anymore. It's what side of the coin do you fall on? Let me decide if you're gonna embarrass me as al or if you align with my views. That's all that everything is now, and it's becoming so draining, so draining.
Speaker 3: By the way, I can't wait till we get to the NBA. I can't wait. If y'all don't know what's in my head right we're getting into it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna show you the Quinnes sent to a reason why this podcast exists.
Speaker 3: I'm seeing it right now and it's amazing.
Speaker 1: By the way, if y'all, if y'all thought I wasn't very ignorant at the top of this episode, I have a very ignorant take coming up. Oh no, I'm not gonna lie. We did want, yeah, Jason, if you could pull up the clip, I did want to get into this just a little bit while we're talking ice, while we're talking politics. I love I love that you also brought this orange because it's giving you about to try to compete with vic Mensa with his orange peeling abilities shout. But after pleading not guilty, Don Lemon recently sat down in a convers station with vic Mensa and this is what they had to say. Go ahead and play that clip.
Speaker 3: I'm vic ice out. I'm not just saying that that's what Tom Holman is saying. The borders are what do you think out of Minnesota?
Speaker 9: So they're going to move on and terrorize another city.
Speaker 3: They're not saying that, Yeah, that's what they mean. That's been the pattern.
Speaker 9: They've come and they've terrorized one city, then they've moved and they've escalated. Then they've moved and they've escalated. I would assume they're going to continue to escalate.
Speaker 10: I think that because there was one word that people didn't really pay that much attention. He said, the aggressive, you know, enforcement, and so maybe that means they're going to enforce, but not be as aggressive or a theater like you like to not use it theatrically.
Speaker 9: Of course they're going to stay, they're going to keep a certain presence there, but I think they'll probably shift their focus of aggression.
Speaker 3: To a new city. I'm done, I'm vic out.
Speaker 1: I think that it's literally that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't, I don't see anything.
Speaker 1: I will also say what I found really interesting. There was a map that I came across on X that literally showed all of the changes of the red and blue states over like the last sixty years, and the way that Minnesota stayed blue, even surrounding with surrounding red states. It was like, Oh, that's why they went there. It's been so politically charged, and it's it's a state that when you live in a major city, don't none of us really talk about Minnesota, you don't think but from a political landscape. I was like, Oh, they've been about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So even seeing the protests in Minnesota, they were protesting in zero degree weather, like when all of this was happening with ice, did y'all see the video of them throwing the dildos at the idea? I was like, Oh, Minnesota is about like some of the dopest white people this su.
Speaker 6: May have Minnesota like when it comes to that type of shit, like Minnesota are This is not a sports podcast, but Minnesotan's politically are like the Packer fans of social consciousness. Like weather, it doesn't matter what the conditions is. Like we outside for our team. We're gonna stand out here, We're gonna talk all our ship. We're not sitting down. We're gonna throw dill those at you like we don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: And that's what they are. And they've been on that. You said, they've been on that for a long time.
Speaker 1: That is what they're on. I wish I could find this.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of Vic Mensa, I'm obsessed with the content he's been making.
Speaker 3: He's doing amazing.
Speaker 1: He also is one of the people like I've I've been obsessed with his music since. I mean clearly he's also if y'all are watching this on video, the autobiography, I.
Speaker 4: Got it behind me too.
Speaker 5: Look at that ship. Oh ship, Yeah, group chat, it's just autographed too. Damn, damn.
Speaker 1: You know what? Oh, you know what's crazy? I actually have his most recent album signed, the Vinyl signing that in. I'm wondering if he deleted it, but he he made a post recently well I wanted to let me see. I wanted to talk about it, but I can't see if. By the way, I love everything he does so much. I subscribe to his substack. So he just dropped a substack. But he made he made it. He made an Instagram post. Yeah, but he removed it. And it was talking about basically his his battle right now with wanting to start a podcast, but also feeling like me starting a podcast is me admitting that I failed in music. He feels like, oh yeah, people feels like starting the podcast is where people who are not excelling in their music because you're.
Speaker 3: Throw in the towel. And I was like, what did we say?
Speaker 4: I even think that was the second he was saying sentiment.
Speaker 3: To when we came in and we start pregaming.
Speaker 2: Right, this is because they're not putting out music no more, and which is interesting because they say, oh, rappers in a weird rappers in a great space.
Speaker 6: It is right.
Speaker 2: If you're an independent artist, this is your time. It's the o g one that we see chat in chat chit chatting on these microphones. They scared to get in that booth. You're not talking about the freestyle. I'm talking I put an effort and intention intentions to a full blown album.
Speaker 3: Well here's what I I mean. I think that does apply to a certain extent, but like hard to agree with. I wouldn't I wouldn't call Jada and Joe like like half half back but failures at music.
Speaker 2: Though half in half, I'm going in the booth today. We know Jada's going to go in the booth to go half and half.
Speaker 5: But but but Jada's also like an aberration that like people still pay attention to him as the amount of years in his career, Like Bleak Bleek put out an EP last year, not a lot of.
Speaker 4: People checked for it, but though you know what I mean, but he still he did it active.
Speaker 5: But he also talked about the realities of like his fandom and how people check for him is different than what it was.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to read kind of what he said and him expressing these feelings. He said, at certain moments in life, to evolve to the next stage of becoming, one must be willing to shed old ideas of self, to allow some dreams to die and others to be born. The versions of yourself that may have once sustained you may no longer represent you. Sometimes it is moments of extremity that bring this clarity, and your death experience, the birth of a child, the harsh walls of incarcon incarceration. Sorry, none of those words feel quite right to me. However, what it really feels like is standing at the edge of what has worked and admitting without theatrics, that it may not work anymore, or it may not it may not be enough anymore.
Speaker 3: And literally real ship and literally in.
Speaker 1: The caption, I was talking to him about having a podcast, like we've We've had conversations for hours. He's constantly picking my brain at how to do it, how it's monetized, what works, like how often he has to do it, the video, how necessary it is like, And I'm like, Vicky, you're so freaking great at this, like you should. But I get that there is a perception that it's where people go to pivot careers that are no longer you know. And so there's a thing like do I abandon music if I go this route? Are people going to think I'm a failure in music because I go this right?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 2: And you want to know why, because there's a different tail wrapper that's doing podcasts. Remember that, and if the goal is always to be the best and compete with the best, once you relink that by doing this fucking podcast shit.
Speaker 3: Right first, hold on, let me let me draw the bar.
Speaker 2: Though we're elite podcast niggas, right, Okay, we had a certain tale podcasts. For sure, you're entering our world. We're not trying to rap. Although I had an idea to do Actually I still might do it. I actually had a verse that I wrote for for no reason at all, for no reason.
Speaker 3: For this anti verse.
Speaker 1: We're closing.
Speaker 3: Anti rap pot.
Speaker 1: We will we will not have do the beat.
Speaker 3: This is acapella, this is Look.
Speaker 2: I've had conversations with Freddy Gibs about doing itching, but you know, you know why he won't do.
Speaker 1: It because he doesn't believe he's in that tier.
Speaker 3: And you know, because he's a Grammy Award winning now nominee and winner.
Speaker 5: I think when you're like that creative, it's like you have you have to put you all into one, you know what I mean? Like I think I think Freddy Gibbs would be an I podcaster. But for him to be a podcaster, like he just have to stop, Like that's what Joe did, That's what Noega did, Like they have to stop in order to do it. You can argue, like for some people it wasn't their decision to stop, and they did it, But I just don't think. I don't think you could do it to that degree and be full time in each No oh.
Speaker 1: No, no, no you can't. Let's be very clean. I think it's what people are realizing now because we have the joes, because now even athletes are pott no no, but to say this is actually this is time consuming. Like I remember I was talking to t I before he brought back Expeditions and.
Speaker 4: Really really good episode with Djunk recently.
Speaker 3: Brought it back.
Speaker 1: But I remember at one point we were talking. He was like, yeah, like it's a lot. Do you think there's a way I could create an ensemble to where they could pot if I can't make it? And I'm like, no, you have to be there for every episode.
Speaker 3: Characters that that would take some time to build up the audience, Like.
Speaker 1: You do that for two years minimum to get people to like.
Speaker 3: But here here's what I'll say about like Vic and his and his take on that.
Speaker 6: And I'm saying and I'm saying this like with the utmost respect, no funny, there's a lot, Like I know Vic Minson has obviously like a fan base. I'm not sure if the wider hip hop audience is looking at Vic Mins as somebody who has had like the most stellar career ever who has to maintain some level of like, oh, if you fall back, we're gonna look at you weird because you used to be this YZ. He's put out a lot of great art and he's had a lot of I saw Vic minsa perform open up for jay Z during the four four four tour, so.
Speaker 1: That's another thing. He was signed a J. Yeah, it's apparently it's difficult, like only Rihanna and J Cole has successfully right, like Jay is Jay is J. But let's be very clear, he doesn't really he doesn't bring in his artist the way he should. I don't even know does does Does Vic have a Jay verse on anything?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: No, he's never appeared.
Speaker 4: It can't be the prerequisite to sign.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I guess the point is that like bootht like, but this is like so Vic Miss's last album came out in twenty twenty three. The album before that came out in twenty one. He put out one in twenty nineteen eighteen, so like he drops music, he drops you, but but now it's twenty twenty six, so he hasn't put out an album in three years, right, and before that, there was almost two and a half years in between that one and the one before that. So like I understand, I understand him as a creative as the person who might feel.
Speaker 3: He's valuing his music art higher than it should be.
Speaker 6: That what you maybe I and I don't even know if that, like that sounds crazy and again, like I'm not trying to disrespect his girls at all, but it's just that, like what are we holding on to from from music standpoint that says you can't do this podcast if I'm smashing, you can't do both because like you're not really a everyday artist in the sense of like you're putting out music all the time.
Speaker 1: You're not music like Russ. Yeah, doesn't Russ drop it weekly. Still, I think I.
Speaker 5: Feel like Vic doing a podcast would be like Vince Staples doing the Netflix show, Like like they're they're not they're not artists where they're like so huge, where like the music like consumes, like where they have to like cycle every year or to drop bus stay on tour. I think there's a I think there's a cool complimentary way, like I wouldn't even want him to do like a general interest podcast, do something that's related to the album.
Speaker 4: It's like six months before the album and six album.
Speaker 3: Politically politically charged.
Speaker 1: But he's always been He's always been this. He has a song called I want to say, It's sixteen shots. It's not a kid being killed and like.
Speaker 5: McDonald, I love liquor, Oh if you go back, like, he has some really good music.
Speaker 6: And I can argue that what Vicky is doing right now with his oranges and his messaging, I can argue that that has put his name in more regular conversations in my life and his music ever I ever had. I've never had a Vic Mensa music conversation with anybody. I get these links of him talking that ship all the time in group chats. Is constant conversation.
Speaker 1: Let me let me tell you how Weezy and I Mother podcast we have the completely different music tastes, completely different. Big Mensa came on Decisions Decision. I've never heard Weezy mentioned Vic Mensa. She recently just met because of the Orange Trees and not that she knows it's catalog, but she's like, oh my god, the content is vic Mensa is dropping right now, like.
Speaker 4: And I was like, okay, girl, quality human beings and it's good content.
Speaker 1: So I do think by the way, Vic, I've already told you this, you have my support.
Speaker 9: Just do.
Speaker 1: And don't see here and and squander over people's thoughts. It's the same way when celebrities get broken need money, they might have to go get another job, and they don't want to go get a job because they're so consumed with what people may think do think of this is another art, this.
Speaker 3: Is another and yeah, and it is art to this.
Speaker 6: But and I also could argue that if Vic decides to do this podcast and it really blows up, he might be the first artist to benefit musically from having a successful podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to people.
Speaker 6: Because you even know you, people want to have insight to you. And not saying that his music isn't personal. But if you have a profile that has grown that much, where people love you that much and they're that invested in your thoughts and ideas, that can translate directly to your art with the type of stuff that you could be talking about on your album.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, I'll produce it. I already don't want to produce it. Remote though, because he you know, our support and if you aren't familiar, he does have it to where you sub you can subscribe to his substances where he talks about a lot of things. So I love that he has grown this community where he's gathering data too for people that are interested in what he has say. That was a great start.
Speaker 3: So I got a listen to vic mens.
Speaker 2: You said what, I got a list we could kind of go over one day we developed this list, rappers, we don't want to see your podcasts.
Speaker 1: We might actually get into that when we say when we get into celebrity, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that my kid the corner right now. But let's get into the fact that this is not a sports podcast. But however, however, let's get into some sports. As y'all know, last week we had our black Cast three month episode drop. If you haven't checked that out, make sure you go now. We give you some entertainment, some last and some history.
Speaker 6: Shout out to all y'all arguing in the comments right now about black men that did white women.
Speaker 3: Right, because apparently some people get the joke and some people they there mag.
Speaker 1: They literally don't understand. Sorry, yeah, yeah, yeah, they think we're for real, and now I'm being attacked, isn't the host mixed I before?
Speaker 2: Before we live right now, I'm about the body New Jordan's what give you the right?
Speaker 3: You biracial mother? She's a human being.
Speaker 1: But it don't matter what I said. They love bringing up that I got a white mama in them comments. Undermind me yea from anyways, because that was our episode last week, we weren't able to really give thoughts. But also I love that we get to sit with things a little longer we're hearing because we get to see the outrage. Really, what we do is we respond to the outrage of y'all niggas. And so bad Bunny performed at the Super Bowl. We really don't have to talk about the game, because boy was that boring.
Speaker 6: The game was Listen, I like Patriots suffering any take, yeah, any any level.
Speaker 3: Of Boston sports fans suffering is I'm all love? So it was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Well let's get into our thoughts on Bad Boney and the Super Bowl halftime performance. By the way, there were a lot of people that did choose to turn into to the turning point Channel USA ship with Kid.
Speaker 4: A lot.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of people, not a lot.
Speaker 1: Also, there was one girl that was I don't know if y'all saw the video, it went viral. She was at the super Bowl but had the Turning Point halftime on in her headphones at the super Bowl and it's like, girl, you already supported by going to the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: You're a right here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I read they recorded it was like over a two day weekend, the Turning Point.
Speaker 3: They did a lot. They casted people to be in an audio for two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Wait what they paid people in the audience and it was.
Speaker 3: And they tied it together and then aired it. But it wasn't live, live to tape.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, that's Cody damn.
Speaker 1: It was only one hundred and eighty people in it.
Speaker 3: That's the word.
Speaker 1: Do that to get people to go watch that? Millennia dock.
Speaker 3: Maybe there was.
Speaker 6: The word that I saw was that most of the views were online views. Number I saw last was six million.
Speaker 3: I still think that's probably but yeah, yeah, yeah, but I think that's probably still like a little suspect because like.
Speaker 1: Six people, Well, this was the most viewed halftime performance of all time.
Speaker 3: We no, no, no, yes, Ken Variety.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe now with the wrong live.
Speaker 1: Right now. Variety don't like Variety is a white article. You see how Variety came for Center. Yeah, yeah, we are gonna treat Variety like Fox Sports or Fox News like Variety doesn't get cold.
Speaker 3: Chart data as well. You said, what art data?
Speaker 1: Go to chart data? Who who had? He had more than?
Speaker 3: But these are these are the views of the YouTube performance. No, they said Kendrick Lamar. No, yes it was one point five. Oh wow, so not so not far? No, not not far. You see how the drinks they like, they want they wanted to so bad. I love the committee the way I love them.
Speaker 5: I love Okay, look fine, anyway, it's kind of a case for both y'all. So so Kendrick Lamar has is number one in the ratings. But if you do, if you draw the ratings with with like traditional TV ratings and social imprint, then bad Bunny is number one.
Speaker 3: That's what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 1: Let's get into though I thought I do, okay, only because I was disrespectful to him during the Black History Month episode. We have to let the Puerto Rican speak first. Oh, I know it's much.
Speaker 3: You don't talk bad bone Puerto Rican.
Speaker 1: What were your thoughts also from a new yor Rican, even though your jersey, I can kind of call you new Yorrekan because there was so much it felt bronxy, it felt it felt. What were your thought of the performance?
Speaker 3: And did you cry?
Speaker 4: I was?
Speaker 3: I was?
Speaker 4: I was full of fucking tears when Ricky Martin came huge.
Speaker 3: My girls screamed too loud. When Ricky Martin came.
Speaker 7: On the.
Speaker 1: Bot Killer, he could chill just a little bit, walla be like. But also I am very shocked and it would have been so much better. This is my only critique about that. If he coming out bitch, I don't care if he don't want to sing, we need a live in Levito Loca.
Speaker 3: Let me so.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you why I was.
Speaker 5: So so. Ricky Martin had wrote a piece of Time magazine about Bad Bunny, and he was saying how Bad Bunny did it the right way, and how Ricky Martin and Mark Anthony didn't because they made English language albums right, and so so he does that honoring Bad Bonnie, and then he always gives Bad Bunny props, and so that the song he did is don't let what happened to Hawaii happened to us Fulto Rico to island, and so he does the part that he does. He's like, you know, they want to take my beach, they want to take my neighborhood, they want my grandmother to move, but I waved the flag and you know we will never lose like our essence, right, Like that's the part he did, and so like to and so but also had like this double meaning for him, right, like he had to do an English language album, he had to like hide his sexuality. Yeah, so like he has this moment where like the young dude puts him on and like it was just like so symbolic. And I think the halftime show was so dope because it's like bad Bunny told the story like so many Puerto Ricans, but it felt so personal, like the way the way it opened with like the sugar cane, like my grandfather used to do that.
Speaker 4: My grandfather used to cut sugar cane.
Speaker 5: And then like it ends with like the blackout and like you know, my aunt still lives on the island and she was affected. So it's like and then when he did like the part with like New York. So it's like there's so many elements of it that like I and it sounds so like white people to say, but like you see so many elements of yourself and the performance that like, you know, this ship was like super powerful. And then Ricky Martin is just such a like story to like so many Puerto Rican families, Like you saw him when he was like twelve years old with a pudo and then to see him then it felt like very full circle. And that that specific song, the setting was like the album cover to have Ricky Martin, like the aesthetic of it, like it was just it was just layered in a way that like like rappers, do you know what I mean? And so like it very much was like a continuation of last year with Kendrick Lamar, but just the Spanish language we didn't get is that was.
Speaker 3: One of the craziest parts of the had a listeners who.
Speaker 1: Were just like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I am curious to know your thoughts on.
Speaker 3: Yeah That's what I was going to ask.
Speaker 4: Oh, so so that part was interesting too.
Speaker 5: So at first when I saw it, I didn't I was confused, and then when I rewatched it the next day, so you know, there's a break, bad Bunny starts speaking in English, and he's like, you know, I'm here at the super Bowl and they didn't believe in me. Uh, but you know, I believed in myself, and you can believe in yourself. And then he he starts singing the song Monaco, Monaco, and the beginning of the song he says, tell me, tell me, tell me, is this what you wanted? And then as soon as he says that, it cuts to Lady Gaga, and I feel like that was like the white woman, is this what you want? But then the white woman is backed by a Puerto Rican band like the like the Bonban and like Plano version of her song.
Speaker 1: So I felt like that was like as of that, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what struck me when I watched it the second time. He's saying he's setting it up because.
Speaker 6: It was very like in a in a group chat that I'm in, it was a very controversial thing where like people were pissed off about it, and honestly it was black people that was mad, like why the fuck is she up there? Yeah, and which I unders answer an agree, but also like Benito has always been like pretty avid about the fact that he loves Lady Got so to me it wasn't that strange.
Speaker 4: And they had that moment at the Grammys. Yeah, she came and like tapped him on the shoulder.
Speaker 3: Right, So like I understood it to some degree, but I also could get the idea of like, Okay, why is she here? But I didn't think about that context. You just put it in and to me, that makes it make the biggest thing. Yeah. I like that. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: It was it was super trollss like like my wife was like it was so like positive and I was like, I mean no, even like definitely trolling them too.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was planned, but the fact that, okay, you're speaking in Spanish, your performances in Spanish, you have these people dancing and torquing, and at one point, and That's where I'm like wondering creatively if it was planned, they had two men grinding on it. Yeah yeah, and I was like, oh my god, I love this. I'm not gonna lie for like still now I kind of want to be Puerto Rican this performance. Two things for me. I thought that it was beautifully done, and every time I go on tour, I don't know why I think I gotta be out say budget I'll be like I want, I want leave you. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: The stage set design was many feet like.
Speaker 1: So for me as someone who loves live performances, who loves set design, who I mean like like, I really love seeing that be center stage to some set degree, right, he bodied it. To find out the same person who did Kendrick Lamar did this as well. I was like, what's the name?
Speaker 3: Hey, she's out of here.
Speaker 1: I need some dance classes and ship when I get the money.
Speaker 3: I'm hiring you for something.
Speaker 1: Yomi, that is off mic that you can't hear?
Speaker 9: No, you know what?
Speaker 1: She laughs too much.
Speaker 3: That's my does great work. But that's my favorite part.
Speaker 11: Of you for the Super Bowl was was was just it was beautifully done, beautiful from from moment one, like you said, like the set design and the coloring and everything.
Speaker 6: I was just like, oh, I didn't expect him to come to play, but it was very like, oh he's not fucking wasn't.
Speaker 3: The crazy?
Speaker 4: The crazy part about it too, is like he's he's.
Speaker 5: Like I'm trying to think like the best comparison, like he he was not always like he's like not like so he was like Trey songs and now he's like Marvin Gay like he was awesome, like he's like his early records were like dirty Mackin Like he was like more rapping and it was a lot of like like I'll take your girl like it like like like my mom still doesn't listen to Bad Bunny because she thinks he's just nasty. But I mean, like in his ten year arc, like he's become so like it's so it's crazy. Literally imagine Trey songs became Marvin Gay, Like, no, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I saw someone like give the words for vi P. Yeah, that was like a little bit Amonica in my life, like someone he.
Speaker 5: Like and I'm like hen talking about but even that one so that that song.
Speaker 4: The third verse is again it's subversive.
Speaker 5: He talks about like so he says the first two verses like you know this girl, my aunt asked me to have a lot of girlfriends.
Speaker 4: You have a lot of girlfriends.
Speaker 5: Then the third verse it's it's he's talking about like the idea of that like that just leaves you lonely if you live that life.
Speaker 3: That's not but he was he was not.
Speaker 4: He was not always his person.
Speaker 5: That's why it's so crazy, like to see him have the football at the end and like we are American, do that, like like this is not who he was in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: Imagine if Draken taken that round.
Speaker 6: Imagine if he started off just like a little young dickhead about like you know, talking to Drake shit and then actually like became some level of conscience that people could And of course, but yeah, I'm still jamming.
Speaker 1: They've been showing older bad Bunny, right, and I want I definitely want to get to All Star. But there was a clip that they've been like posting with him in address in one of his his videos.
Speaker 4: So that was a song he was doing when the two guys were glinding against each other.
Speaker 1: That was music video for the song though, even and they're like, this is who y'all have performing at the super Bowl. The backstory behind him wearing that is that there was a trans woman who got killed and he was doing that in membrance of, like of of her, And I was just like, oh wow, now he's Yeah, I'm not gonna lie buying buying the Apple AirPods, spending the money. I need to hear what I'm getting all the album.
Speaker 3: Well, you know you can't have it.
Speaker 6: We live in a time now where it's like you can't have too much positivity without somebody trying to piss and elimonade and so in like the day after the Super Bowl, I saw this clip that was floating around where people were trying to manufacture outrage for a Bobby Schmurda, a hot nigga freestyle that he did back in who knows, two thousand and fourteen or some shit like that, and.
Speaker 3: It was like, see you look at him, he says nigga and like all that, and I was like, he were going.
Speaker 1: They did. Even the whites were really upset, and I think tried to petition the FCC to find the NFL and bad Bunny because of all the sexually explicit things that they were showing. And it's like, well, they were just dancing, saw some marange gates working, like y'all ain't got.
Speaker 3: No problems with it, Like come on, SCC. They investigated, but they cleared them up.
Speaker 1: They cleared it already.
Speaker 3: I love But just the fact that.
Speaker 2: So we do this performance and I say week because this is I think he speaks for the a large populace of us who have who just want to just get out of this funk that we're in.
Speaker 3: Why do we got to investigate him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking against the fucking function that's happening, but we should expect it. At this point, it's like, oh shit, we gotta investigate him to do gyrate in the stream.
Speaker 6: Let's be clear, someone always gonna be mad, of course, and even though people are mad, are full of shit.
Speaker 3: But also, oh well, you.
Speaker 1: Stepped on my goddamn transition.
Speaker 3: Full of shit.
Speaker 1: But I was about to be like, I'm mad at All Star, but full of shit. Clearly I'm full of shit too. I'm not gonna lie the conversation because they're also back to back. The super Bowl is so heavily washed. The super Bowl performance has been so heavily discussed. Yes, NBA All Star weekend has almost felt like an afterthought for a lot of people. I don't think, I mean, and there's a few things right. I did it to end so I attended the Skills Challenge un contest on Saturday night, also went to the game yesterday.
Speaker 3: I had an r C. You said what we had an r C too.
Speaker 1: I want to get into that.
Speaker 3: I would like to.
Speaker 1: I would like to shout out my peoples. Shout out to Keith, shout out to Marianne.
Speaker 3: They are responsible for shout the reformers, y'all.
Speaker 1: Saw like they're amazing. Just say I know, I ain't particularly I know people places. So I got to enjoy the All Star experience. You know the tickets that I received.
Speaker 3: Did they give you the tennis bracelet too? Hold on that.
Speaker 1: Continue times they will be discussed behind the pill roles. I'm like, why she posted, Oh yeah, but I may get diamonds to add. But no, that's going behind the pew because as much as people think I'm a whore, I don't all the time. Anyways, So went to the game the tickets, and I know a lot of people have been complaining about the emptiness, so to speak. I don't know what the fuck or why the fuck they are doing it this way. They have completely priced out the actual fan. The seat that I was in was a twenty five hundred dollars ticket. I had a friend who was like, YO, send me the section you were in, I'm going to get a ticket. He bought it the day of thirty seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: Not only that, you ready box of popcorn ten fifty drinks were twenty six dollars a piece. And also they make you download the into It Dome app. I am still kind of savvy. That dome is so high tech. It's cash like everything has to go through the app. The anxiety of at the high tech dome.
Speaker 3: Zone, what does that look like?
Speaker 7: It was so.
Speaker 1: It was so high tech. I can imagine if you have a flip phone or Android or just your older I was frustrated you have to like transfer the tickets or they have to give you a band.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 1: It was not a great entry experience going into that dome. Also, you have to walk.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say, ten is going all over our head though you know it. You know, all of this is going over like going into the dog. You just yelled. Now you just missed the whole ship before.
Speaker 1: I'm talking nasty.
Speaker 3: It's okay, continue, you know, And that's why. That's probably why.
Speaker 1: And so that's what I'm saying. So all of the technology. By the way, they have a beautiful halo. It looks it looks nice, I'm sure. Also the food, so I'm I'm on club level and I see the food out mind you, It's like the food is sitting out. They have like it's a seventeen dollars slice of pizza. Then they have this thing call on you ready where the game? They have this thing called fish and chips. And I was like, oh, okay, I guess I'll do the fish and chips. Yeah, Bro, I was looking. I said where the fish. The fish had air quotes.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 1: Three scoops of caviar on potato chips. Forty dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow, I said, that's fish and chips.
Speaker 1: That was their fish and chips. It was way too like what are y'all really trying to do? It was to me, as someone that I got a little coin, I, as someone who's been a basketball fan for my entire life, was like, how can anyone enjoy being here?
Speaker 4: It's experience twenty.
Speaker 1: Six dollars drink even, like like my friend bought four drinks one hundred and ten dollars.
Speaker 6: And the thing that pisses me off about this shit is that, like, I understand it's a business. I understand, you know, profit margins and all of that, but like, bro, you can still make millions and millions and millions of.
Speaker 3: Dollars without going in people's pockets like that, Like the sodas and all that kind of shit, like this is just syrup and carbonated water. The margins on one cup of Coca cola is probably a penny, two pennies.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're ready? You ready? What I heard from a local allegedly, and I don't know if they're just trying to make it up because of how high tech it is and because everything is through an app and everything is like this. Allegedly, the first two months the dome was open, nothing was being charged the technology. No one was really being charged for their food. So for two months everything it took them a while to catch that they weren't receiving the revenue from the concession. It is that high tech in there to where I was just like, this is really like but the thing is not.
Speaker 2: All arenas are like that, so I would imagine and it is just a venue issue, maybe charging well next years that they have.
Speaker 1: Next year, the All Star Game is in Phoenix, so it's also not a major city, so I'm curious to see if it's more affordable than l A l A to me by far. If y'all are ever looking to go to All Star weekend and it's in La Yeah, don't go. There were so many parties m hm that everything was so spread out to where the parties exclusively is.
Speaker 3: She like you weren't even.
Speaker 1: They weren't even, but it just didn't feel like And then I don't know if y'all saw, they shut down Jaylen Brown's party in Beverly Hill.
Speaker 3: It was a house panel, it was a whole well, and then he did have afters.
Speaker 1: Because I was of course, there was an after hours party that was supposed to take place starting at ten, but during the day he had a panel. Mind you, the same venue had been used since Thursday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday were used by other people. They came to shut his down on Sunday.
Speaker 2: He's black, well, he was trying to bridge the gap or the conversation between Black and Brown and the tech industry, right, And I believe based from what I saw, and you could tell he's a genuine dude.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I really think he had good intentions and I don't know who his lineup was, but he kept emphasized he had a dope panel and he was talking to the youth about getting involved in this shit.
Speaker 6: And I think that the power that be was like man funk all that shit. We don't want this shit in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: Niggas just like that. Also don't like I mean listen streaming now too. Let me get back out my NBA got to get back to the community.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, what does the NBA have.
Speaker 3: To NBA cares, y'all gotta get back on.
Speaker 4: NBA cares to be dope. That was dope.
Speaker 1: Now now NBA Cares was present. There was video of what was happening around All Star weekend, and you did have people go and give back to the community. So NBA Cares was active in present this weekend.
Speaker 5: Again, Na, the NBA doesn't run NBA like All Star Weekend anymore. It's all the brand partnerships. Like I said, you said, like all those parties. I was joking with my man the other day, but it's true. Like the reason why the All Star Game is not is good to people's but they imagine it to be. Like Larry Larry Bird wasn't in the streets four nights a week, like going to like the Coca Cola, this whatever class and like meeting his like fintech partner in the morning and then do it like they do all these events and then it's like, all right, you'll play ball, and they're like, are you trying to like.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm curious, so let's get into the actual All Star games. And because it was the first year that they had a different setup, I will also say I am sorry for you all on the East Coast a two o'clock game start.
Speaker 5: I'd like to be in early though, well, and usually like I'm I'm the first person to say, like when somebody's like back in the day when we were younger, but it used to like the Alstar game used to come on earlier.
Speaker 6: Did they didn't have all the games, all the activities leading up to other than the contest in the three point.
Speaker 1: Right, but that's on Saturday, Well that Saturday night.
Speaker 3: It was always it was a Sunday night, but it used to be that way before.
Speaker 4: But the game was always earlier when it's.
Speaker 1: On the West coast, yes, but it still airs around seven thirty normally.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about like when Magic Johnson was playing.
Speaker 1: TV were black and white thing talking about.
Speaker 5: What that's what I'm saying, you shouldn't go down the road of like back in the day. But I thought it was no, no, no, no, it was interesting to experiment with it.
Speaker 4: As an earlier.
Speaker 1: Jason, I actually want to relate to you a little bit. So let's start with Saturday. Yeah, I didn't miss the three point Contest by the time I get in Dame one, but they were setting up for Shooting Stars, and then of course after Shooting Stars because a Saturday question, and then of course Dunk Contest.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: This is where I felt really old. Okay, first, I was like, who is these niggas? The four guys that were a part of the Dunk Contest. I don't even think their starters within their own teams there. I feel like I feel like one or two of them might be on two way contracts.
Speaker 6: And I wasn't finalized till days leading up to the event, which is un normal.
Speaker 1: And they were talking about the last guy, mind you, the player that has won for the last three years. The white guy was never a NBA roster, well, never been on the NBA roster. He plays in the G League, and apparently because he won the last three years, they didn't let him in. Now, Jace Richardson apparently only got the call because his dad is Jay rich and he's won in the Dunk contest, and so I was like, okay, this is what we have gone on a party.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: Now, the first the first round of dunks, I really felt disconnected to it.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you why.
Speaker 1: Again, I was already pissed at all the fucking tech, and so when I started seeing the board they just had to enter, I said, back in my day, they held up the slide.
Speaker 3: They wanted ceremony.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's part of Yeah, that was a part of the food that was especially when they changed the numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the last time we seen that was what two years ago? It wasn't that long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But that's what I'm saying. So when we're talking about like the things that bring us, like the nostalgia of what All Star Weekend was, don't take that away from us.
Speaker 6: Don't have to be digital, but keep some of the analogue stuff to make people have that feeling.
Speaker 3: I'm sum good word choice. So then.
Speaker 1: So again, so it's the tech, it's me wanting old school, and I just realized, damn, maybe I'm old because I like how things used to be. So I have an ignorant take right.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, all right, ignorant takes, let's have it.
Speaker 1: So during on third weekend. They picked the dance teams from two NBA teams this year, they picked the Brooklyn Nets, which I love because I'm familiar with the dancers in Brooklyn, and they picked the dancers from the Orlando Magic. I was looking at you, yeah, Ship, I was just bothered, And here's why.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: But so that that's a bit of my problem. The Orlando Magic dancers have like two or three guys and have decided to go the inclusive route. Okay, bodies of all shapes and sizes, the pyramids, negative body. So a part of me is like, as I'm wanting nostalve, I'm like, we're the bad bitch dancer. I said, everything does not need to be inclusive.
Speaker 3: So mind you.
Speaker 1: I'm complaining to this. To like one of my niggas, he was like, yeah, but you used to be thick. Guess what, hold on, guess what I said, And guess what. I never had a dream of becoming an NBA dancer because I did not fit the mold. Bring back the mold of the NBA dancers. I want the bitches to have the high titties, the beautiful makeup, the long legs. I want the dancers to give me the feel as to when I go to a Cowboys game and I'm like this at the Cowboys dancers, NBA dancers should be fine. Fuck y'all giving me breakbeat dancers and bitches with bellies. I don't want to see that at an NBA game.
Speaker 3: I mean, Bro, when we lose recipes, we lose.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, why does everything have to be inclusive? Jesus Christ, can we actually make some things stay the same?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 1: If I'm at an NBA game, there's already a lot of ugly niggas on the court, give me some. I was actually like, this is bothering me. I don't want to see like, save that ship for high school dance off in the college. We just had your sport. Make that inclusive, bro, at the NBA game, I want to see bad bitches on the court, dancer.
Speaker 3: So you're saying by being inclusive, they were being anti bisexual. Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Maybe they didn't.
Speaker 6: Consider people like Mandy who would be offended by this whole concept.
Speaker 3: You got these ugly ass plans and these ugly ass holes dance supposed to basketball. What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: I was just like, I was like Okay, the.
Speaker 4: Solution is, oh good question.
Speaker 1: Sometimes things don't need changing. So the same way I wanted the cards help up in the air. Yes, it's the same NBAA say the NBA batties.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know.
Speaker 1: Maybe y'all are mad that they had too many babies by the NBA players and they were going against the rules. I don't know, but y'all putting the goddamn And when I say bad body, I don't want to see SpongeBob square pants dance in the middle of the goddamn.
Speaker 3: But also Orlando dances. Don't dance right, It was because that's Florida. Brooklyn Nets was like, bring them. What's y'all doing later, y'all coming to the Jaylor Brown party?
Speaker 1: They what to do during the hiring process.
Speaker 3: Maybe the culture maybe you know New York, you know Orlando. You think Orlando.
Speaker 1: This is where I'm confused. Told you was given a SpongeBob out there, like, don't want to see that. They even have to wear different jerseys, like you know, like when they have big girl clothes.
Speaker 2: Advocating for Mandy b to be the creative you know what I'm saying, director of the Orlando.
Speaker 1: And here and here's what was frustrating. Florida is not even progressive?
Speaker 3: Why not at all? Not at all? So why did I.
Speaker 1: Body shape?
Speaker 3: I don't want to know where else, but y'all want these fat.
Speaker 8: Now even at one point one of the guys was, I was like, I was, so I gotta go, Hey.
Speaker 1: Bring back selective hiring for the NBA dancers. Okay, that's that's my take. Yeah, I know, I told you all the problematic take was coming.
Speaker 3: It was very good.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna, if you're gonna do.
Speaker 3: It, that's doing.
Speaker 1: Listen. My thoughts should stay in my head sometimes, but not on this podcast. On this podcast, anyways, we do have men. This isn't a sports pod. But did y'all enjoy the winner of the dunk contest? Your thoughts on the dunks?
Speaker 3: Here I go.
Speaker 1: Also in my seats. Back in my days, they had cars to jump over these niggas.
Speaker 3: Was just so I did. So. I fell asleep last night because I was just tired. I was fresh on the plane.
Speaker 1: Did you watch Saturday?
Speaker 3: No, it was Saturday.
Speaker 6: I was in the air a Yeah, so I missed the whole All Star weekend, but I did see some of the clips and like I saw somebody on there did like a regular ass dunk regularly, like a regular Like there's a regular dog.
Speaker 3: I'm like Johnson who.
Speaker 4: Jackson Hayes Jackson, Yeah, I was regularly.
Speaker 3: This is going on. But yeah, but the resp his response like, oh ship yeah yeah like dog like.
Speaker 1: No, first off, the winner of the dunk contest, sure, because he knows how to do the dugie.
Speaker 3: Well, he was what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Well that was smart because his whole thing was I'm gonna do these mid tier dunks.
Speaker 3: I did the dunk over forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was no no, no, wait, that dunk was good. But he did do one where he did some and then he like hit the dougie in the air and slammed the ball and then got down and it was nice. That was good.
Speaker 2: The good brother Carter Bryant. I thought he should have won the light Skin, the big light Skin one.
Speaker 6: Okay, he was doing the most creative dunks, actually doing real but he was doing he was hitting over the West Coast, dancing after the dunks so that everybody, you know, they they ate into right, that's dope.
Speaker 7: But.
Speaker 4: Nobody should have want they should have they should have find them.
Speaker 3: And it was terrible. He bumped his head and fell on the ground. He did Jake Richards, that was crazy.
Speaker 1: I will say the sentiment leaving because of course, bit ch'all talk, I'm loud, of course you want to. So everyone around me were having open discussion, some nostalgic, some if it's a good time or not, and literally walk on the walk out. The guy that was sitting behind me that I felt like actually wanted me to shut the fuck up. I think he just I think he actually was just listening to my as on the walkout. He was like, let me just tell you, that was one of the worst dunk contests I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: In my life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yo yo yo, homie who paid thirty seven for the tickets should file a class action.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, contest.
Speaker 1: And that was the other thing, mind you, he got there late, like because well that's another thing. He had an issue because he bought his ticking on sub hub when you got when he got to the gate, it was still processing, so he had to like buy a whole nother one at the gate. Mind you, game already started. It's three o'clock. We don't already miss the three point contest, so he can't talk with that that that techno shooting Stars and the dunk contest not good. Let's get into this new outline of the All Star game. Boy, did it take me to the end of the second game to know what the fun was happening. Here's here's the summary of what.
Speaker 5: The what It was not a Sunday about the USA versus the World versus the USA, that's what.
Speaker 1: So it is.
Speaker 3: My wife was like, it's his USA.
Speaker 1: You ready. There were a total of four teams. Yeah, and it's the Youngins of the US and the Vets of the US. Yes, the Youngins of the world, the Vets of the World. And so it's set up between four games twelve minutes each. If they're tied at the end, they go into the first one to five when and that's the setup.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, by the way, first game I'm watching and it's the Youngins versus the Youngins, I said, where the fuck are the All Star I said, I said, what is this? Like Jalen Johnson from the Hawks like what, Like, I'm literally watching the court the only person I know is Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 6: Now that was an issue for me because at one point I'm like, why is he on the World team.
Speaker 2: But then I had the Google. I'm like, this is his father from Guyana some shit, Anthony Anthony from No there was they had a reshuffling of the roster. It's some weird shit that was going. It was like, you know, it's dumb the fact are even doing that?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, twenty three and me find out where your roots are from? Are you a f B A? Are you what are these others like you are?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was something that I didn't know, Like I think Jamal Murray.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that he was Canadian. Yeah, yeah, he's he's in North America type.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait thatigg.
Speaker 3: But technically but mind you.
Speaker 1: So I'm at the game and I'm like, Lebron was introduced for.
Speaker 3: The is Lebron? I'm like, where is the other one?
Speaker 1: Mind you? While the world is playing in the first game, Giannie is over on the corner. That's all you hear. The crowd is like put Jannis in put the world. Niggas is confused, why these other world why are we out here? Like it's so there was an urge to actually see the All Stars second game that's come out. You see Durant, yes, just he came out on his burner phone like he came out tweeting. Literally, I don't get to that, but it was it was Kevin Durant, it was it was Giannie was in the world. You had the Lebron James, you had Kawhi Leonard And I was like, oh, I know Audise right Daron Fox. I was like, okay, this is good. Yeah, Kawhi looked like the only one that was really trying to play. Kawhi was I thought doing a good job. Lebron did, did a little couple of things, but I was just like, this isn't giving And that was.
Speaker 3: The issue too.
Speaker 6: When they was Kevin Durant one of his series of tweets over the weekend and he chimed in on the conversation about this All Star game versus the past.
Speaker 2: He was like, why you don't ask Jokes and all these guys and Luca. You see what they be doing. Yeah, yeah, laying down, throwing the ball up in the.
Speaker 1: Air, but apparent but both of them dealt with injuries this year.
Speaker 6: No, No, He's just saying in totality like they're not they're not giving twenty percent, so defense, yeah, an effort, Yet he did he watched the first quarter of all the All Star Games of like the nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, yeah, yeah, bullshit, it was the same ship.
Speaker 6: But that's some of the problems with nostalgia the people have, Like the Mandela effect is like a real thing when it comes to nostalgia, because people have this idea that everything is better in the past and that the players are playing so hard. And I didn't understand why people were saying that shit either, because when I was a kid, I knew that, yeah, all the All Stars would be there.
Speaker 3: But the most common thing, even the announcers on TV would say.
Speaker 6: It, the game is not going to pick up until the fourth quarter quarter exactly when it's closed, and when it's like okay, now you'll see Kobe do it have a one on one with somebody, They'll go through it.
Speaker 3: It'll be really hustling, diving for loose balls, that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: I mean, the first second quarter of that game was never no like hardcore basketball being paid you don't want to, I will.
Speaker 1: Say to me, the structure of this year felt tone down, crazy, like US versus the world, when literally we're all right now with ice and pushing immigrants out like, to me, it really felt toned down and so really interesting because you sent me a clip of who was.
Speaker 6: The guy and what was So Nick Wright was doing his podcast with Bill Simmons and like they were talking about how to fix All Star weekend. I actually talked about this on CNN yesterday, but a little bit, a little bit fash off the plane, putch off the plane. So nick wright idea was basically like, Okay, let's we should just have black guys versus white guys, and let's just go through the full thing.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do all this bullshit.
Speaker 6: Let's just have white players versus black players and see what we can get out of this. See if we can get some of that some players to play harder, See if we can get people to have pride and the whole thing. And so some of it was like tongue in cheek, Like my thing was like, so this is like the NBA All Star Game sponsored by Jim Crow, Like that's what we're doing, Like we're gonna have like the three face point content.
Speaker 1: Immediately, yes, I'm leaning into it as a biracial I was wondering if how they were gonna split some of the Yeah, yeah, yeah, because there's a lot of yeah, yeah, there's a lot of guys where it's like.
Speaker 5: Questionnaire, yeah after they switch at halftime, and some of them are white pasts.
Speaker 1: Do you like do you like.
Speaker 3: Potato pie or pumpkin? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you're saying I would be on the white team. Yeah, I don't know what you're like, I will myself.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, okay, so so you're on that side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to be with the whites. Y'all not going to do this to me.
Speaker 3: Listen to that cold play yo playing in the locker room.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Well, I do want to ask y'all then realistically, is there a saving of NBA All Star Weekend? And what do you think needs to happen?
Speaker 2: What's you don't do that? Don't contest for a year? The issue with the dunk contest? I thought about it. You know what the issue is? All these niggas shoot threes all day?
Speaker 3: Yeah like that.
Speaker 2: So if you remove it and create a demand for it, right, these kids that come out of college, but they did that.
Speaker 4: And that's how Empty Carter brought it back in the NBA like yo, yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Create the demand by removing it completely, just for a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because right now we're in a space where the last four years have been.
Speaker 3: So it's desperate, insane. Put all day.
Speaker 6: To the G League to pull yeah bull or like these guys don't want to risk the getting hurt, right yea.
Speaker 3: Even in the game they don't or losing.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like rap battling, Like you know, if you sign you don't want to battle, no battle rap, like you're gonna catch that l Like that's what That's what I think they should make it first, like either either the Kings point either like let it sit for a couple of years like they did back in the day when Vin's Carter brought it back, or just make it first. If it's gonna be bench dudes, make it first, because like the three point contest, it was all it was all stars and starters, Like, well, this is what.
Speaker 6: I don't understand, Like like the three point contest, no no trouble at all, finding.
Speaker 3: Like well, Damion and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: When when Benya isn't that nigga made it three? I said, oh, yeah, we get like yeah, I said, wait then he brought the ball up the court.
Speaker 4: I said, this nigga is crazy.
Speaker 3: And yeah, three yeah, he's going to be He's the future of the league. It's going to be bad when he listen you don't like younger brother, same ship.
Speaker 1: I was like, and he looks like his body is just so long. That boy was that.
Speaker 3: He's one of them.
Speaker 1: And then I'm sorry, I'm gonna say. You know how they tell podcasters everybody don't need a microphone, keep that ship away from Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 6: Keep yeah, he's one that he can't hop on a podcast train until after he retired.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he'll take.
Speaker 4: The state like the safe but like it's tough.
Speaker 5: It's like I feel for athletes, man, when the microphone just gets in front of her face and they ask like the deepest question for thirty seconds, like Anthony Edwards, how do you feel about the killing in Minnesota or whatever whatever, And he's just like sweating just for.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go there real quick.
Speaker 3: Because, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, when we say the All Star weekend is dead, I believe it to be so because everyone one day after is talking about Katie's leak messages from this burner account. So to me, even the conversations that normally last the week, the way we could come in here and still talk about that We're going to have time performance one day later All Star Weekend is like, but everyone's talking about this Katie Burner account. Everyone's talking about the fact that Lebron sat in oppressor and kind of aligned himself with wanting to and siding with whatever however you want to put it with Israel.
Speaker 3: So you have that.
Speaker 1: Baked up Israel. You have people dissecting the fact that what's my guy, what's my guy who made aes lois oh, Spike, Spike. You had people dissecting the fact that he chose to wear a full free Palestine outfit when there was the first time Israeli All Star on the court. And then you also have people still asking Kyrie Irving about his choice and decision to support or post or promote however you want to word it, the movie back in the day. And so wow, here we go fuck entertainment the very next day after All Star. Now it's all the political jargon of where we line. I don't want to hear these journalists ask these athletes these questions. I just don't think because what people are saying now is how damn not my goat, not my idol, damn not him being a loser, not We still don't have the discourse or the emotional intelligence to allow someone to say something that differs from our opinion without it becoming so I hate this person. I can no longer support this person. And so unfortunately, when it comes to our celebrities, our All Stars, our athletes, our goats, I would prefer us just to keep the political jargon out, especially in op presser following All Star weekend.
Speaker 6: Well, when it comes to Lebron, I feel like he stepped on a bunch of land mines that he didn't even have to stay.
Speaker 3: He didn't like the woman asked him a question about the player.
Speaker 8: Do we want to do?
Speaker 3: Do we have a clip?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have it at my frown, but could you pull it up real quick too, just so that we're not because it was interesting because when we came in immediately we also were like, wait, what was the question to even start that? And if you just go to X and type in Lebron James, boy are they dragging him? So you can find the clip easy there.
Speaker 3: I saw somebody post. I saw somebody post.
Speaker 4: And she was from an Israel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got he made a meme of Lebron wearing like an Israel warm up suit.
Speaker 3: The Star it was Emmy kd. Actually both had on Starr David warm up track suits.
Speaker 5: Here's the here's the club Measley b from John fourteen in Israel for all the Israeli fans.
Speaker 4: What message would you like to send for Israel? And also what do you think about Danny Aftia?
Speaker 7: Well, I've been quoted on Danny already, and they asked me that I thought what I thought about the season? I said, I believe he was an All Star, and I mean he is an All Star. He's playing you know, exceptional you know basketball, So that's that. And then I mean if if I fans over there, I've never been there. If I have fans over there, then you know, I hope you been following my career. I hope I inspire people over there to not only want to be great in sports, but all once just be better in general in life. So hopefully someday I can make it over there. Like I said, I've never been over there, but I've heard nothing but great things and appreciate the question.
Speaker 4: Thank you. This is where and we know the fuller answer was not as bad as well.
Speaker 1: No, but it's the last part of the last thing. They are literally committing a genocide right now, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what great things did you hear?
Speaker 1: There's no way you aren't aware that they have been killing women and children and an entire they've almost white.
Speaker 3: Pala signed off the brown people, black and brown people, Like why, Like.
Speaker 5: That's not what you say, because that's I agree that the two parts where you said he should have stopped, he should have stopped.
Speaker 3: It was easy to stop.
Speaker 1: It was easy.
Speaker 6: It was just like the whole like if I had fans there and I inspire you all to be better, Okay, fine, And he was walking up to the line though, like with that part right there, it wasn't bad, but he was, like you can see he was walking up to a point where he wanted to say, I love y'all so.
Speaker 5: Much and this is all, and it was I think I think it's the challenge is also too, like he's because of who he is, he's almost kind of speaking for the league when he answers, right, and then it's an Israeli reporter who's answering it. And I feel like he was kind of thinking as he was answering it. To Mandy's point, like I think those parts where he should have stopped is right when he was thinking about how to stop, and it got away from him.
Speaker 4: That's what it feels like.
Speaker 5: Obviously I don't know like what his intentions were, but it felt like it got away with him before that's what he actually wanted to say.
Speaker 1: What he should do is also create a burner account, and if he's in support Israel, put that ship on the burner account, but don't bring it to a pressor. And I do also just hate that it was asked, like y'all knows, y'all knows the guy a tough question to be.
Speaker 6: Asked, Well, I'm gonna use your husband's The intersectionality of support in politics has always been there.
Speaker 4: I mean always.
Speaker 3: He says, you know, fuck the war in Vietnam, whatever. Right.
Speaker 6: I think if this is what Lebron, if this is how he really feels, we just have to give him grace. And because that's no I'm just saying in terms of this is who he is, maybe we just have to accept it.
Speaker 5: Shut out to Scoop Jackson, Right, they get a book, The Power to Protests and Politics of American Sports.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, the game is not a game. It's it's always inter twine.
Speaker 6: And Jason, how much of our affiliations, even in what we do professionally individually, contributes to these narratives? Right, his affiliations may have contributed to his.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what we see employd Mayweather right now.
Speaker 3: All the way there. Yeah, he can't get your interest.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he's but you know what's funny about that, A king was like, remember when Darryl Moury said the comment about China when it was like China and Taiwan and they were out there bawling, and Darryl Moury, who's the general manager of the Sixers now but then he was the Suston Rockets, he said this comment and it put the team, you know, in danger, and lebron was was pissed at that right like and it's it's it's just strange that like lebron knew like the geopolitics of that moment with this one, he kind of didn't.
Speaker 4: But again, but it's also it's a tough situation.
Speaker 5: You're being asked by Israelly, like you want to be nice of them for asking Probably not the right place to ask, But then again, sports and culture in the Twin like it was, it was tough, and he got eighty five percent.
Speaker 3: Of it right.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean it's it's it lends his answer in that press or lends credence to the fact that, like when when we see him reading these books, that he ain't really reading these books, well we are like all he's doing is just giving us more more proof that like you know, you didn't read that, Malcolm, like you didn't see what we talk about, because like why are you going down this path? But you know, I mean, he found himself in several international incidents now over the past few years, and yeah, you would think that he would know how to navigate these things a little bit better. However, again, I'm shoot shooting some bail, some bum bail, Like these are pretty much like the worst things we can say about Lebron James' behavior through his career is some of these, some of these geopolitical things that he doesn't handle well, speaking about countries and things that might be sensitive subjects, Like this is the worst of his public behavior.
Speaker 3: Across But I look at this though, I mean, no, it could be a lot worse.
Speaker 6: I mean, now, those Martin Luther King shoes were pretty egregious so that was that was an egregious like damn, bro, how you let this one slide?
Speaker 3: But again, like this is the worst of it.
Speaker 1: Like I'm unfortunately if if they live a long enough life, we get to see all of our goats fail as human beings.
Speaker 3: You being the hero long live long enough.
Speaker 1: Yourself become a villain. I don't We're not going to talk much about it because the internet is a blaze right now. But do y'all see Michael Jordan touching that little boy?
Speaker 3: Yo? But that ship in the group, that ship was crazy.
Speaker 1: It's not okay?
Speaker 6: So all right, so you know, as every day aid percentage of AI guess, yeah, I had to really this is.
Speaker 1: The crazy thing to look would it be your goat?
Speaker 3: He ain't my goat. It's just that.
Speaker 6: In twenty twenty six that you can't how is even like so so you know, I'm like I'm looking for like you like, where is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It so many times? And then the little boy like like you know, it's so crazy, you know, the optics is everything.
Speaker 6: It's a white kid on top of that dude and it's him and it's like, is this a humiliation ritual that he's gonna go down this rabbit.
Speaker 3: Hole if his tear down or is it going to be any outrage about it.
Speaker 1: Like Michael Jackson, in no time, in no decade, none was that an appropriate interaction between a grown ass. So mind you, we already have all of these grown men coming out talking about their sexual assaults and how it impacted them. This is something like, bro, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: And this is going to live on the internet forever. He plucked his tookens multiple times.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Sae, just call me ignorant at first on the thumbnail and then and then you see the title or whatever, I'm like, oh, the little kids playing basketball paddle that's thinking a good job.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Michael's getting at that yeah yeah, like yeah yeah, I'm like, what do you do?
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna hold you. The way it's going around the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if the parents of the child sexual assault not something like because now it becomes embarrassment, right, Oh no, for the like what's happening here?
Speaker 6: You gave the magas the perfect extra distraction because now they're gonna square on him, like yo, disagreed, NBA go you already.
Speaker 1: Ready both parties can go after him because he's someone who remained quiet and not he didn't. Yeah, that is the most neutral mother like, one of the most neutral All Star players of our generation. Everybody coming for that.
Speaker 3: Ass, but also everybody coming for us too.
Speaker 6: You know why we're gonna still buy them Jordan's when they drop, Yeah drop, So we're wis the hypocrisy now?
Speaker 1: It depends the colorway.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm not gonna hold I'm looking at everybody feats in here right now. Your feet got over there, She's clear.
Speaker 3: Everybody we got on over there.
Speaker 4: I got I definitely got Jason.
Speaker 5: If I got some, I got what you're doing with your Jordans now, Yeah, make sure I'm gonna make sure they clean. Not me.
Speaker 4: Mike is just missing a fistful of dollars.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna hold you. If that little kid had turned around and been like, yo, my nigga, like I want got the past yet, I'm not gonna stand, I would have let him say it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna be about that might be one.
Speaker 1: Of the we said some ignorant this podcast. You just gave a white kid the way to say, nigga, Yeah, everything.
Speaker 6: Gonna get the past, say niggas, it's gonna be the way to maybe because if you if you turn around, my nigga relaxed, like.
Speaker 3: You know, we're still gonna buy, We're still gonna stand on lines.
Speaker 1: I even just say, he gonna make sure he's a clean I don't think this.
Speaker 3: Is gonna last that long. Why shouldn't? Why should Well no, But it's like because the question is who is going to amplify it? Hold? Right now is the thing on the internet?
Speaker 1: First off, all the conversation right now is little kids in those Epstein files with Hollywood execs and and super powerful people who still have not been brought to justice. So if we are not getting the Epstein victims any sort of justice, but we have another prominent block figure now doing the same thing to a little white boy, this is actually, oh yeah, we're gonna get this. We donna get Jordan out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean does the The question is does the mainstream media sports are otherwise?
Speaker 3: Do they have it to go after Michael Joe? And I don't think they do.
Speaker 4: I don't think they If he was an owner still maybe maybe you know, I mean, he's he's.
Speaker 1: Still he's still one of those black men and let's be very clear the way that they like to humble these men that reached the billionaire status or that high millionaire status. And what we've also realized with this country with the reversal of Roe v. Wade, is how much they care about the life of a child over anything else, or at least they're the tap dancing like yeah, yeah, and so when they could sit here and take another black man out like they just did Diddy for the ship that he was doing that video, is that egregious? And we all want this Epstein file bullshit to to to land. They gonna see here. This is the distraction. Yeah, y'all know how we always say they got distractions. That's what this is.
Speaker 4: This is a distraction.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like.
Speaker 5: I was just saying, man, you have one forty right now? God damn, yeah, that's gonna say after that. Okay, mister, he missed the mark about the toss to the I know you.
Speaker 1: You see look see he can you have one job? I love Teleni, they only had one job.
Speaker 3: The intelligence of ignorant man.
Speaker 5: When you say the mold part about the dancers, that reminded me you should do a bonus episode on the America's Next Top Model.
Speaker 3: Actually want to watch.
Speaker 4: I think that'd be a good bonus.
Speaker 1: Well then, real quick, Jason, I don't want to hold you all day, but I would love to do. Then maybe we talk for the bonus episode this week we do Ya yo Ja Rule Murder and then say our reviews on the fallof.
Speaker 6: And while we're recording, just as as it just wasnounces j Cole announces toy World Tour touring from for Good six six seven months.
Speaker 3: Is he starting in Europe but he's starting in South Africa? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yes, they had a promo video on his on his page on YouTube. Well he's standing in front of his Lamborghini truck and then he thinks for a minute and he goes inside the car and you see the tour dates in the locations.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: You everywhere, He's gonna be everywhere every.
Speaker 1: First off, you know what that means, You're about to be everywhere.
Speaker 3: Country don't want to go to next he's going.
Speaker 6: He's going to be in North America, Europe, Australia, and South America, South South Africa.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm love that for him. Come on, eat up, especially with them first week sales and he's still traveling the country and his Honda Civic anyways, and we'll talk more about his marketing too in the bonus episode, of course, on Fridays with Mandy B. Catch that on the feed. Full video available to you only on Patreon. So that's patreon dot com back slash with many B. Sorry coffee coming up, baby. Anyways, this was a really good conversation. Hope y'all enjoyed the takes, enjoyed the convo. As always, you can catch us every Tuesday and every Friday. Again, make sure you subscribe to the YouTube. Make sure wherever you're listening to this. If you're hearing this on the Decisions Decisions Feed, head over to the Selective Ignorance feed and hit that subscribe. Make sure you get our notifications and follow us over on Instagram at Selective Ignorance Pod. Also following me everywhere. Just no search Manbye you goddamn anyways, thank y'all for tuning.
Speaker 3: In the most consistent pure Jason.
Speaker 1: Can you sign us out with that closing because I ain't got.
Speaker 3: To pull it up?
Speaker 4: Oh hold on, let's sit here, I got it here.
Speaker 1: Episode of Selective Ignorance.
Speaker 4: Oh hold, on Boom Boom boom. Let's see here.
Speaker 5: We're Controversy Thrive, where curiosity lives, Controversy thrives, and conversations mad right.
Speaker 1: See you guys on Friday and next week. Bane Selective Ignorance a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 5: Thanks for tuning in the Selective Ignorance of Mandy Selective Ignorance. It's executive produced to buy Mandy B. And it's a Full Court Media studio production with lead producers Jason Mondriguez.
Speaker 4: That's me and Aaron A. King Howard.
Speaker 5: Now, do us a favor and rate, Subscribe, comment, and share wherever you get your favorite podcast, and be sure to follow Selective Ignorance on Instagram at Selective Underscore Ignorance. And of course, if you're not following our host Mandy B, make sure you're following her at full Court Pumps.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: If you want the full.
Speaker 5: Video experience of Selective Ignorance, make sure you subscribe to the Patreon It's patreon dot com backslash Selective Ignorance.
Speaker 1: It's girl Mady b and you just checked out my new podcast, Selective Ignorance. If you enjoyed this episode, make sure you head on over and hit that subscribe button and check out Selective Ignorance every Tuesday and every Friday, wherever you listen to your favorite podcast