Speaker 1: Do you want a frappuccino or not? It's one more thing, I'm one more. Or do you say frappy? I don't say frappy. It's like Pete, don't say so crappy. I don't say frappy or shardy.
Speaker 2: I've known one guy who said shardy and could pull it off. Is a unique guy.
Speaker 1: It takes a certain sort of person. Yeah, yeah, yes, that was taking me a second. Okay, got it? Do uh is this first one? Need any set up here, Michael before we get to the uh frappuccino?
Speaker 3: Now, let me just I'll explain it a little bit. Just a couple goes into a Starbucks and.
Speaker 1: No, we're doing the other one. Man. Oh I am.
Speaker 3: Sorry, No, this one doesn't actually Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: There are definitely two opinions about grandmother showers. Opinion one, grandmother showers are a lovely way to welcome a friend or coworker into their new role. Opinion too, granny showers are inappropriate and tacky gift grabs. So which is it? If a group of coworkers gets together and has a lunch where they celebrate someone becoming a new grandmother, it's a lovely way to welcome somebody to this new stage of life. But when the grandmother shower rivals the shower for the actual parents, that's where it crosses a line.
Speaker 1: That's grandmother's shower etiquette. We talked about the grandmother's shower becoming a thing last week. I've been complaining, partially because it's ended the school year's season of just there's too many celebrations now, celebs, too many events.
Speaker 2: Everybody is supposed to go to all of them. A six year old's birthday party? Is that excuse for forty adults to get together or whatever?
Speaker 1: The gathering that happened near me the other day for some girl because she's getting out of fifth grade? So has everybody got a Am I a bad person if I don't go? Great? You got up high school graduation, big deal, all the other ones for you and your family. Do whatever you want, But I ain't coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah with gifts too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And gifts. Is it a gift crap or all these gift grap I think it's I think it's the whole extroverts rule of the world thing. Any reason to get together and have a celebration and put on fancy clothes and stand around and talk and drink. Ain't from more than merry or nothing. No, your kid moved on from eighth grade. Fantastic. I ain't coming to your house now.
Speaker 2: Granted I'm a bitter missing thrope and have been for you know, practically my entire life. But the idea that all of my parents' friends should gather and celebrate me graduating from high school, why that's what I was supposed to do. I showed up to class, I got decent grades. They gave me a diploma which I'll never look at again. Why are we having a party. It's like a giant Look, Joe isn't an f up party. Look he did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I My son played in the band for the seniors graduating for his high school. They played Pump and Circumstance over and over again, like you do when you're in the band. But I pulled up to pick him up, and the crowd there because the graduating classes is a small schools like the same size as my graduating class, and there were five times as many people there, so it just extended family more. Just you gotta treat it that way. I guess when when I graduated, I think it was mostly just Mountain's dads. So you got any students, you got one hundred and sixty parents.
Speaker 2: You go on your way, giant celebration for everything, for every most of the grindstone. Just do what you're supposed to do. Yeah, anyway, but again I think you nailed it. Extraverse rule of world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they figured out that gender reveal parties can be a thing, another reason for a party. Not just the husband and wife on their own, get the news and maybe clink glasses or something. I don't know, but make a party out of it.
Speaker 2: Introverts of the world unite. But I can't make it that night.
Speaker 1: I can't be there either send me a text or don't know how it goes. So this one you can set up here. What's the Starbucks situation? Michael?
Speaker 3: The Starbucks situation is a couple goes into Starbucks and so it's a husband and wife and the husband has a medical emergency and it gets handled very poorly.
Speaker 5: Okay, I could have possibly blacked out, It could have had a more dramatic impact on my body.
Speaker 1: My kidneys could have possibly just shut down.
Speaker 5: And he just started sweating. He's like, I don't feel well. He started leaning over and then he started vomiting. I was frantic. I think I was crying at that point. The employee looked at me and was like, you need to get in line. And then I repeated what I said. I'm like, well, my husband he's in kiddy so you we just need ice water quickly. And he looked at me again and was like, you need to get in line. Starbucks had a decision that day to pick policy or humanity, and they chose policy.
Speaker 1: Wow. Uh, that's well, there might be some might be on some of the training, but you got a poor employee there who would not hand an ice water to the person who who says, on having kidney failure.
Speaker 2: I will be standing for the defense in a moment. Yes, certainly. That's my husband right there. He's in stage four kidney failure. I just need water fast for him. You need to get in line. But my husband, he's in kidney failure. We just need to ice water quickly. You need to get in line. H nightmarish, terrible, bad employee. On the other hand.
Speaker 1: They sell bottled water there. I would have just grabbed a bottle of water and given it to him.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm be right back. Yeah, uh yeah, on the one hand, he seems like a monster. He seems like an inhuman monster, a bitter human being, a shadow of a human really, ladies and gentlemen of the jury. But I need to point out he got that way by dealing with the public, who probably constantly cut in line and lie. And you deal with the public for ten minutes. Man, you hate him. It's like the third person that day that told him they're having kidney failure.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: I say jest, ladies and gentlemen of the joy that he was driven to that, apparently, and human behavior by the India, you made behavior of the public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get behind the lady who says she's got eye cancer and the other gun one's got pancreatic cancer. And I'll all get you your stuff as I can, all right.
Speaker 2: And I heard on the radio it was fifty percent off for grandmothers today.
Speaker 1: What get in line? My coffee's too hot, My coffee is too cold. Everybody shut up. I have never done a public job, really. I worked at a hardware store for a while, but I mostly sorted nails and assembled ceiling fans. I've never really had a job where you worked with the public, and I've been told before if that's in fact, I had a someone say to me one time, that's why you are the way you are, that I would be a much better person if I'd ever had one job where I worked at the public, which might be true.
Speaker 2: So after being turned away at Starbucks, and Elisa, which is the wife, ran into Capital One Cafe and an employee acted quickly to get a cup of ice water. Okay, so that went well. So of course, the head of retail bank Channels in Operations at Capital One has made a statement, Chirst and foremost, we're glad the person facing a medical emergency is doing much better. We're proud of the way our Capital One Cafe ambassadors handle themselves each and every day. Doing the right thing is one of our Capital one values, and we believe that shows up in the work we do day in and day a.
Speaker 1: Parent Bank one Trust, we take kidney failure seriously and anybody needing liquid will always get it and a good interest rate on their home at Bank one Trust or whatever we're called.
Speaker 2: Now, if you'll excuse us, we're going to open up accounts for people who didn't ask for them and charge them fees Actually, I have no evidence that Capital One ever engaged in any activity anything like that.
Speaker 1: Who did that? That was Wells Fargo, Right, Wells Fargo. Oh my god, mean file back.
Speaker 2: It's Starbucks, okay, for they just as soon kick in a face is give you a sip of water. H Sam Jeffries with Starbucks Media. Starbucks Media Relations sent this statement. We've been in touch with this customer over the past few weeks to listen, apologize, and make this right, and we hope to welcome them back to a store of their choice to give them the Starbucks experience they should expect as we continue to train our partners on the new code of conduct we're working to ensure blah blah, great experience blah blah, communicate openly blah kindness, blah consideration blah outside of our policies blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: All the poor baristas that are now are going to get some sort of long training where actors. I've got kidney failure. What should Madison do when she finds out a customer has kidney failure? A mock him, b get him a nice cold water, or se tell them to get back in line.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, hey, get a kidney. I'm sorry that answer was incorrect. You need to retake this module.
Speaker 1: Way to have bad kidneys? What know what I said, Well, I guess that's it.