Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Wednesday, April seventeenth, twenty seed twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, where we're trying to figure out how to mute Aaron Rodgers. It's me and your man, MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael f. Florio and Lakwan Jones. Gentlemen, we are in the season. We are eight sleeps away from the NFL Draft. Eight sleeps away. It cannot come soon enough. Draft season is too damn long. I know I probably shouldn't say that as an employee of the NFL. It is too damn long. We should have had the draft at least two weeks ago, maybe even more.
Speaker 2: We have reached silly season. But how are you guys coping?
Speaker 1: How are you going to get through the next you know, eight days until we actually do this thing.
Speaker 3: I think I differ a little bit. I'm like, I wish we had two more weeks of this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gus sick.
Speaker 3: It's fun. And then when this ends like it, it just it's dry for a couple of months. So I wouldn't mind extending draft period a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, that's gonna be a no for me.
Speaker 1: Doug Money Okay, So honestly, okay, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna throw this take out here. I've said it like on social media before. And if the black helicopters come from me and you don't see me ever again. You know why drafts are an American and we should banish them.
Speaker 3: Oh that I agree. That's a different conversation.
Speaker 1: You go, it is a different conversation, but drafts are an American and we should banish them. In the meantime, let's let's preview the draft we're gonna do on this show. Last week we talked about quarterbacks. This week we will talk about running backs and tight ends.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, we had Emory Hunt on a couple of weeks ago. We talked some running backs kind of with him there, you know, and just sort of the I know, the pulse of draft nation right now is that this is not a deep or a great running back class. But there are some names out there that I think are interesting. It will kind of dive into some of them there. And with side ends, I mean, there's really one, but we'll try to scrounge up another name or two that may be of interest.
Speaker 2: So we'll dive into that too, But.
Speaker 1: Let's start with a mock draft that hit the interwebs yesterday. But yesterday or Monday, it was earlier this week. Peter Schrager. Now Peter Schrager, you know, you know him from Good Morning Football. You probably know him from Fox and some of the other things he does. Usually very plugged in with NFL front offices, with general managers, et cetera. Peter usually does just a mock draft the entire off season. It's not like you're getting mock draft two point oh, three point oh. He's not tweaking things. He goes and he talks to as many people as possible, and then he puts out the mock draft. And now I think a caveat that's important because I saw a lot of people talking about this on Twitter, is this isn't Peter Schrager telling you what his draft grades are or where he thinks a person will slot in the draft. This is a mock draft based on things he is hearing from NFL front offices. This is how he believes it's going to shake out, based on conversations. This is not about talent, This is not about fit. This is about what he's hearing. So some of the big highlights are headlines from his mock draft top three picks not really a surprise Kayleb Williams at number one, Jaden Daniel's going number two to Washington, Drake May going number.
Speaker 2: Three to New England.
Speaker 1: Four is where it gets a little bit spicy, fellas, and this is where we can start to dive in on this one. He has the Giants making a trade moving up to that number four spot, switching with the Cardinals and taking JJ McCarthy. My first question to you, Michael f Florio, is does this mean rip Daniel Jones.
Speaker 4: Yes, like.
Speaker 3: Peter's plugged in, So if he's mocking a quarterback, if he's mocking them trading up to get a quarterback, I think that tells us everything we need to know about Daniel Jones. But I think we could have came to this conclusion on our own. Daniel Jones is arguably one of the worst contracts in the NFL right now.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and we've.
Speaker 3: Been saying that, not just us, like the whole NFL watching community since the day he signed that contract was like, how much did you give Daniel Jones? So they have an out after this year, no money on the books really with him after this season, so I think we'll see Daniel Jones start if he's ready for Week one for the Giants, but no guarantee he finishes the year as the starter. And clearly they're thinking ahead because everything you hear is that next year's quarterback draft class is not nearly as talented as this one. Plus Brian Dable probably doesn't anticipate having a pick as high as six next year. So if there's ever a year where you make a move to get your new quarterback, it would be this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny you talk about that contract, right, And usually when big contracts are signed, there are always people out there who are trying to find silver linings in it and like, no, but.
Speaker 4: This give us a team flex money. I think universally it was like what are you doing? Like why is this happening?
Speaker 1: Like it's rare when everybody comes together with the same opinion. Uh, this one seemed to be one of those things that did that. So I you know, I know, we talked about JJ McCarthy. He has been the subject of a lot of conversation so far this draft season. I was just sort of curious and like this was just a fan perspective. I talked to some friends who are are huge Michigan fans who watched every game, who traveled to watch them in the playoffs or whatever, and I asked them just their honest opinion, like what do you think of JJ McCarthy, And they both immediately said he needs a red shirt year, that he's not a guy and like, mind you, these are died in the wooll you know, go blue forever Michigan fans, and he's not gonna be the guy that comes in in year one and is the immediate starter and it's gonna lead you anywhere. That he needs a red shirt year, which I thought was a very honest and refreshing sort of take on this whole thing that being said, And I think every scout has said that he's a guy that has promised but has flaws and needs polish. Yeah, if he does go to New York, lakwan and he does become the starter and he pushes Daniel Jones aside, or even if it's just a competition, Yeah, is there anybody in this Giants offense that we want this year?
Speaker 5: No, that's the unfortunate part. Unless they bring in some quality you know, players through the draft where you get a little bit interesting, Like if I see a marshn Lloyd go there, of course I'm going to be you know, in on him in drafts, but I'm not going to be paying a pretty penny for him based on you know, the offense just doesn't have much around as what we're looking at on paper. But I think JJ he comes in, he puts some heat on Daniel Jones. I don't think he comes in starting, so I don't think we'll be talking about JJ and redraft this year. He'll be more so behind Daniel Jones. And I think, you know, I can see the quality that some of the scouts are seeing in JJ. I mean, he's a guy that needs some polish, but he has some twitch to him. He has some calmness in the pocket about him, like he can take off and go when when you know need be, he runs what effort And it's kind of like, you know, he's an accurate quarterback that just needs some type of polish. There's building blocks there, so you can kind of see why he's getting pushed up in drafts. So I agree with schreker Man, the Giants need to move up and get aggressive because, like Floria said, they're probably not going to have this pick is high next year, and no guarantee that Brian de Bull will be there next year as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I also think that you know right now, the early scuttle butt is that the quarterback class is not going to be quite as deep next year too, So I think that's why you're seeing a lot of teams itching to try to move up to get somebody, because I don't think anybody wants to wait and see what's going to be out there next year.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's also not bury the lead here though. If the Giants are taking a quarterback, that leaves Malik Neighbors free to go somewhere that has a quarterback that can get the most out of him right away.
Speaker 1: Which at let's keep on rolling through Schreker's Frock draft here right now.
Speaker 2: Mind, this is just the first round draft.
Speaker 1: So we got the Giants moving up to four to take JJ McCarthy at five.
Speaker 2: That leaves the Chargers.
Speaker 1: He has them taking Marvin Harrison Junior, So hallelujah for Justin Herbert. He's gonna have at least one major target to throw to after they let both Keenan Allen and Mike Williams walk. It also means what we sort of suspected, they don't think Quentin Johnston is ready, you know, if this is really going to be the pick there, So.
Speaker 2: MHJ at five.
Speaker 1: Romo Donze going to the Cardinals at number six, so Kyler Murray gets another weapon to throw to after Marquise Brown has left to go to Kansas City. The next big fantasy relevant thing comes to number nine, where the Bears are currently sitting now. Cording to Peter Schrager, the Bears are trading out of number nine, which that sort of blew my mind on its own, because I think the prevailing thought was, hey, look, the Bears can go get a quarterback at number one and then pair him with a wide receiver if they needed to at number nine, Like, hey, how great would it be if the Bears showed up to camp this year with Caleb Williams and you know whatever, Romo dud Say, Melik Neighbors whomever it might be. That seems like it would be amazing. So according to this mock draft, the Bears trade out at number nine with the Indianapolis Colts, who move up and take Malik Neighbors. So Florida, you were talking about pairing Neighbors with a quarterback who can do.
Speaker 2: Him some good. Melak Neighbors and Anthony Richardson, how you like them apples, I this is.
Speaker 3: A match made in my heart, Like Richardson, I've been like he's my guy for a while. Now I'm a huge fan, huge believer of his. And then Malik Neighbors. Like the other day I put on Twitter, I made videos of like like today after I'm gonna be dropping Marvin Harrison Junior. But I said, like, Malik Neighbors is my wide receiver one. And everyone's like, that's clickbait, that's your doing this for. And I'm like, no, you can go again. Like I'm not saying Marvin Harrison Junior is bad. I just think Malik Neighbors is more well rounded and I think he would be an excellent fit along with Michael Pittman Junior, because Pittman Junior is that big body, big catch radius, possession guy, can move the chains. Neighbors can score from anywhere on the field. He could stretch the field. He's great after the catch with the ball in his hands. So now you're giving two premium weapons to Shane Psychen into Anthony Richardson. I think it would be tremendous for Anthony Richardson's value. It would keep him in that QB five QB six conversation for fantasy, at least in my opinion. And then Malik Neighbors goes to a spot where there's a lot of volume. And what I love most about Schriggers Mack is all three of these wide receivers go to a spot where there's a good quarterback in place already that can get them the ball, and there's targets up for grabs as well. Like if one of these three, like I kept thinking to be a Dunes, they went to the Bears, You're like, Okay, he could be good for real life for them, but for fantasy, is he going to get enough volume to live up to his ceiling? Probably not, But on these these teams, all three of these guys, maybe not on the Colts because Michael Pittman Junior is awesome as well, but they can beat number one in targets year one.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was gonna be my question to you, Lakwan, is there gonna be enough volume? Like we hope there's enough volume with Anthony Richardson that he can sustain both Pittman and Malik Neighbors, or or do we just believe that Neighbors doesn't necessarily need a ton of volume, that because he is a game breaker, that he can maybe do more with less, because I would think that in year one he's going to be very much behind Michael Pittman Jr.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'll be behind Pittman Junior. But the more difference that I see here with them too is that Neighbors is, like you said, a game breaker where he's just elusive and he can score anywhere on the field one slang gone. This is more like an Odell Beckham type that we're really looking at, where he can change the game on any time. So I think this will be an excellent weapon for Anthony Richardson. And now just elevate the conversation and pounding on the table with Florio of like, Anthony Richardson is a top five fantasy quarterback in twenty twenty four, that's a lock. So if the Colts pulled this off.
Speaker 2: That he's the top five, a lock.
Speaker 5: If you bring in Milik Neighbors, there's no way he falls outside the top five. I'm confident I stand on that, and I stand on business saying that.
Speaker 1: Does he finish in the top five whereas he drafted in the top five beause I feel like those are two different conversations.
Speaker 5: Finish in the top five the rushing nobility, if he stays healthy, this is going to be the biggest knock on him. If there is no injury for Anthony Richardson, he's already in top five conversation, if not top seven. But if you add in a guy like Milik Oh, I'm sorry, Milik Neighbors, that's going to be a total change of dynamic of this offense. Where you have JT as the running back, you have Hitman. You also have Josh Down's work in that slot, who's actually stepping up somewhat to be a valuable reliable target for Anthony Richon, even Gardner Mischew last year. So I really feel as though you bring in Milik Neighbors in that you have a complete wide receiver set just like Man. There's no way he could fail with this type of offset offense.
Speaker 1: All right, So then that and you throwing Josh Downs in there too, which I think is a good note to add. Yeah, that feels I don't want to say Jacksonville ish right, because last year we talked about the Jaguars are like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know which Jaguars receiver I want, but I know I want Trevor Lawrence. I mean that, I mean I kind of went that way.
Speaker 1: So I don't necessarily want to put that on Anthony Richardson, but it does sort of suggest to me that we can sort of count on Richardson, hopefully count on those yards sort of all aggregating to him where we may not be able to pick out another receiver consistently, maybe beyond MPJ. Yeah, all right, all right, let's let's keep on running down this thing, becase there are a few other notable things that I saw in that draft. Brock Bauers at ten to the Jets, potentially, that seems great. The Jets have never had a Fantasy relevant tight end, I don't think in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe if I dig back far enough, I can kind of come up with.
Speaker 3: It's so bad that Nikola's dad is a huge Jet fan. He bought a CJ Usama jersey.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, I think somebody once mentioned the name Dustin Keller to me, like that was one that tried to be a thing for a little bit. Whatever Rock Bauers are the Jets. I think that'd be great. I think that'd be awesome. Again, astrisk being Aaron Rodgers is healthy and actually deciding to play football this year.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 4: Yeh, that's a whole other conversation for a completely different show anyway.
Speaker 1: Some of the other notables though, Bo Nicks going to the Vikings at number twenty three, I mean, it's not jaj it's not jac. Sam Darnold's not a lock right to be the starter. He is as of this moment as we're recording the show, he is currently the starting quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 2: I think Boon Knicks could challenge.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know if that means, like, I don't know that I'm rafting bow Knicks and redraft leagues, but I think he could challenge to be the starter. I guess the question becomes, how do we feel about, say, Jordan Addison in that situation.
Speaker 5: Nasty uh. I'll take the first look on this. I'm kind of fading Jordan Addison this year just based on there's other wide receivers I would like in his area of ADP right now Underdog. It's might have changed from the last couple of weeks when I last checked, but I just feel as though the quarterback play is going to be huge, huge importance there with Sam Darnold as a starter, and you draft the guy like bo Nicks, like, I'm much rather JJ being I know he'll be able to go down the field and kind of move the chains and have that twitchiness to him that explained before with JJ, But with bo Nicks there's a lot of, you know, questions that we have here, is he going to be able to get the ball downfield aggressive as much as you know the Vikings would like being that they have Jordan Adison, being that they have JJ, being that they have TJ. Hockinson. I don't know that many people know that amazing stat that my fellow research Kendall looked up. I mean, out of the three hundred and sixty one completions, two hundred and thirty eight of them were within five yards of the line of scrimmage, which is about sixty five point nine percent in his passes. So this is gonna be a lot of dump off screens and etcetera, etcetera. So I'm not too sure that, Uh, you know, bow Knicks would be the right choice here. But for redraft, I'm not interested whatsoever. And Jordan Addison or Bo Nicks or Sam Donald, that's fair.
Speaker 3: I think bo Nicks. Look, he's he's not great, and I think the screens and everything, it's it jumps out on tape and it's why he is the most accurate quarterback and all of that. Yeah, but I think I think there's tools here, Like when he had to throw downfield, he has a strong arm. Uh, he he can move a little bit with his legs. So if he went to a spot like I agree with Lakwan, like, I'm not drafting bo Nicks in redraft or anything like that, right, I wouldn't be surprised if Sam Donald starts Week one, regardless of who their rookie quarterback is that they end up taking and we see that a switch come like pretty quickly. I don't love Jordan Addison at either. I agree with all of that, But for just for bo Nicks's standpoint, I think going to Minnesota with great weapons with Koc who has proven to be a really good offensive play caller and just offensive mine like, there's tools there that in time they could potentially get the most out of him. But for redraft rookie.
Speaker 5: Year, Yeah, he's a waiver wire quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Next thing, Xavi, You're Worthy number twenty four to the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Wow, that was my exact creation reactor.
Speaker 2: But it feels like a Jerry Jones kind of move, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, you get a guy with blazing speed who played at the University of Texas. I mean the only other thing that would be more Jerry would be to spend like a second round pick. If he comes back and gets like Jonathan Brooks right and makes him the running back.
Speaker 3: People would knock this Worthy pick. But I Worthy and the other wide receiver we're about to talk next are They're in my top five head of wide receivers heading into the draft.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think the thing with Worthy that sort of works in his favor. Worthy works more in this current era of the NFL than he would have, say, ten to fifteen years ago, right, because yeah, he is fast, but he is he is small, right, I mean he's a he's not a big man. And I think ten fifteen years ago, you're making him a kick returner, right, he's a punt and kick returner, and that's sort of it. He gets on the field at wide receiver because you have a whole bunch of injuries or anything like that. This this era he worked Mark. You can find ways to move him around, you can find ways that you can put him in the slot, you can find things to do with him to get him the ball and just sort of let him work in space. This move would sort of signal that the Cowboys are sort of all in on Dak. Whether or not they are giving him a contract, that's a different conversation. But they've decided that this offense is fully built around Dak Prescott. They are going to throw the football a ton, yes, and look there's nobody there. I mean, who's getting targets after Ceedee Lamb in this offense?
Speaker 5: Insistently? Maybe maybe he brings to speedy for.
Speaker 3: Cooks off the field.
Speaker 4: I think I think so too. So zag were ready twenty four to the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This last one, I don't know if it's still is valid anymore.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: When this was released, Schrager mocked Lad McConkie number thirty one to the San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: The Niners went out and signed Trent Taylor on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Now, I guess that doesn't preclude them necessarily from drafting Lad mcconkee, but it does seem like it would be a little bit harder to make sense of them drafting a guy in the first round like McConkie when you just bring in Taylor.
Speaker 2: Although my other thought when I first saw.
Speaker 1: This is does this mean there's some some smoke out the Niners trading Brandon Yuke? That was the other part that popped up to me. And I don't know the answer to that right now. That saga seems to be going back and forth. I know people made a big deal of Ayuk what he unfollowed the Niners on Instagram or something like that.
Speaker 2: Like, I still don't know how how do people know that this happens?
Speaker 5: Tracking it man, some people, I mean.
Speaker 1: Like everybody just tracked, like people keeping track of everybody's every athlete social media follows all the time, so that we always like, I don't know how people know this and come up with this all the time.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I think players leak it.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe, but uh, I mean I'm asking you, Floryda because I know you love Lad McConkey. I mean McConkie to the forty nine Ers does at least on paper, seem like a really good move.
Speaker 3: Amazing like the forty nine Ers, the Bills, the Chiefs, anywhere in that late first round. He could fall and be immediately Fantasy relevant. I think because he's my wide receiver four. Worthy is my wide receiver five heading into the draft. But McConkey reminds me of Tyler Lockett. Like he's so he could play out wide, he could play in the slot. He is so explosive from the slot, he could win downfield, he could win after the catch, good hands, great cutter, like just fast, quick, anything you want to use to describe him, like he the only thing he lacks I would say, is like wide receiver one size and so press coverage and stuff could be a little tough on him. But I think he's going to be immediate playmaker. And one thing I kept thinking when I watched him is like wherever he ends up, he's quickly going to become that quarterback's best friend because he is so good at finding the weakness and the soft spot in zone coverage and everything, Like he can get open, he's got good hands.
Speaker 2: He's just going to be one of.
Speaker 3: Those uber reliable wide receivers.
Speaker 4: At the next level in my opinion, and that shout out to you for not comparing him to a white slot receiver.
Speaker 2: Right there for you. Bonus points for that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, those are some of the things I thought were sort of interesting from the Peter Scheger mock draft. I know it was making its way around social media as the moment it was released to varying degrees of response from people.
Speaker 2: It's like a quick break. We'll come back.
Speaker 1: We'll dive into some of these running backs. It is an interesting class, I think, to say the least, So we'll talk about that. We'll also get to some tight ends a little bit later on in the show. You're listening to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. We continue our look at the NFL draft at leaves from a fantasy perspective. Last week we talked quarterbacks. This week we will dive into the running backs and the tight ends. And a simple question, Lakwan, I will start.
Speaker 2: With you in Florida. You can follow up on it. Who is your RB one in this draft? And bonus question, is it different for redraft than it is for dynasty leagues?
Speaker 5: So I looked at this question on the rundown, and I was just like, man, I don't know who my clear cut RB one is because I don't think there is a guy, and I don't think, yeah, it's all gonna come down to like landing spots. But I do like Trey Benson as much as people don't really like him. They're like nitpicking his running style, but he gives me like Joe Mixon vibes, like I don't I don't know what everybody else sees, but this is what I see out of it as a workhorse, and he looks like a guy that can handle a backfield, catch some passes out of backfield you sprinkle out to him, but the dude's legs are always moving. So he's like one of the guys that I've just been watching a little bit more frequent to see, you know, if I'm seeing something different from people.
Speaker 1: Uh, Florida, You're And then is he is he your guy in both Redraft and Dynasty?
Speaker 5: So Redraft, yes, But how I look at Redraft and Dynasty for running backs, Like Redraft, you're looking for guys who have the day one opportunities obviously, guys that come in and have the media impact and then dynasty I look at, you know, there's some guys that you may look at that can fit into a role to be a contributor, but then eventually come into a spot like the latest example that i'd just kind of been leaning on a tub of Herbert where he had to sit behind Avant Deonta, Deontay Foreman, and then Miles Sanders, and then he ended up working his way into a workload. So there's like, you know, some guys in you know, the top five, top six running backs that kind of fit into that dynasty mode where they'll eventually be somebody. But Redraft there's really only like three running backs that I could see coming off the board and Redraft making a day one impact where opportunities.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's kind of kind of bleak in Redraft leagues right now, Florida, I mean, your your thoughts on this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with Lakwan. There's no I don't think like clear cut this guy is so like there's no Bijon, there's no Jamir Gibbs in this class anything like that. And and I'm already of the mindset that like running back rankings comes down purely to opportunity. Like, yes, talent is a big, big part of it. You need to make the most of your opportunity. But if you're not getting it's not like at wide receiver where like, okay, you're on the field. At least if you do your job, you can create more opportunity for yourself. Like if you're just behind a good running back, that's that's it for you in in redraft. But one name that I think could differ is Jonathan Brooks, like the running back out of Texas. I like him a lot. I could see him being the Dynasty RB one depending where he falls, but maybe not for redraft because he's coming back from the torn ACL so not sure if he'll be ready for the start of the year yet. So he's one that I can definitely see his dynasty value differing from redraft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think the Dynasty RB one for me is Jonathan Brooks, right that. Not sure how much we see him or when we see him on the field this year after the the ACL sort of thing, but you know, I think he does have a lot of promise. I mean, his issue at Texas wasn't an issue with him, it was that he was stuck behind John Robinson. I mean, that was the biggest thing going against him in college.
Speaker 5: But that's kind of my fear for him though, being that he tours a c O and then maybe he gets stuck behind abjon type running back, being that he's falling in draft because.
Speaker 2: Of except how many running backs are out there.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't know he look at James Connor or Joe Mixon. I'm just naming names at this point where guys that still have a little bit left in the tank. And then he's kind of just waiting his turn again. You know, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I I understand that. I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that I think he goes to a spot and I think when he's healthy, he's going to compete for opportunities.
Speaker 5: He's really good. Don't think that I'm saying he's bad or fade him or anything. He's really good. It's just I mean, dans on fire.
Speaker 1: I talked to people who look to talk to to Matt Waldman, who does great work with his his RSP that the Rookie Scouting Portfolio. I mean, he for his his point, he was like, look if if Jonathan Brooks was in last year's draft, he's like I would have put him ahead Jim or Gibbs.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he would have had it behind behind only Bijon.
Speaker 1: I know a lot of people love Jonathan Brooks when he's healthy. It's just it's just when he gets healthy. So I think he's the dynasty RB one. I think this year for Redraft, I don't know. I mean, Trey Benson seems sort of like the guy potentially on landing spot.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna throw a name out that I know is near and dear to your heart. I love what I see from Marshawn Lloyd.
Speaker 2: I do love Marshon Lloyd. I have to I have to stop myself.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about him a little bit, but I have kind of like when I start to talk about him, I have to stop and pause and be like, Okay, am I watching?
Speaker 2: Am I looking at this through cardinal and gold colored glasses? Right?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I am I? Am I talking about Marshaon Lloyd with my heart? Or am I talking about him just objectively? So I have to, like I sort of tried to remove myself from a lot of Marshawn Lloyd conversations this offseason.
Speaker 3: I'll do it for you when we talk about him, I'll hype him up for you. All right, Cool, we'll get to that in just a bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know we talk a lot about landing spots and that having a big impact, and obviously it does, but landing spot notwithstanding. Have you guys seen some players out there that you know, like you just love the talent and you think that regardless, they're going to be an impact player even if they're not a starter, even if they're not you know, a guy that we're drafting highly in fantasy, just guys that like, this guy is so talented he can't help but be productive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I like ray Davis Alat. I tweeted out him the other day and got kind of re insurance that I'm looking at the right things that what he has and he's kind of like the perfect balance of a running back of what you want, Like he could break the contact, you can sprinkle targets on him. He's one of those guys that just keeps moving the change and he's such a hard runner. And I think, you know, the he'll be one of those guys that will be talking about, you know, next season, like, man, it's crazy the season he just had as a rookie with the limited opportunities, Like I don't think he has the workhorse ability to be a every down back in this league, being that you know kind of just how this running back classes.
Speaker 4: But he's one of those guys out definitely make an impact. Anybody you like out there, Floria. I like Braylan Allen from Wisconsin. Two hundred and forty pounds, but he runs like he's like two ten. He he kind of reminds me of a less explosive Derrick Henry. But when he gets the ball, when he gets moving in space, he it's not like you could just outrun him or anything like that. And his size is why I think that no matter where he goes, he'll have a role immediately because he could be a really good short yard runner, could be a really good goal line runner. This wouldn't be great for fantasy, and you could call me a homer if you want, but like I feel like he is an ideal fit for the Bills.
Speaker 3: You put him back there. James Cook is your lightning. Now you get the hammer, and now you could take some responsibility off of Josh Allen. But no matter where he goes, I think that that Alan will will have an impact in year one just because he's so big, Like, you're gonna want him. Use that guy when when you need a yard or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like Braylan Allen. I kind of like Kendall Milton at Georgia. I know he's not necessarily much of a pass catcher. I mean, they didn't use him as a pass catcher. Let me say it like that. You know, there are definitely things in his game that sort of need to be worked on. But I think he's a guy who can be explosive, he can show a little bit of power when he needs to.
Speaker 2: I think he has kind of a nice all around game.
Speaker 1: I think a thing that sort of applies to everybody in this class, and it's a thing we talked about with Emory Hunt, is that there are no.
Speaker 2: Big headliners in this class. Right.
Speaker 4: There isn't a Bijon, There isn't a you know, a sa Quon or anybody like that.
Speaker 1: But there is there are a lot of guys who can come in and fill a role in a respective offense. And I think that alone is sort of is worth kind of trying to feel out and figure out what's going to happen, all Right, so let's get into let's get into some dream fits here, right, So let's Jalen Wright, guy from tennis.
Speaker 2: All right, well you sound excited, so I'm gonna let you. Let you jump. Do you do you have a dream fit for a guy like Jalen Wright?
Speaker 5: I could see him in Denver. I mean my micro comp is album Kamara. I mean, the dude is just a faster. He's a little bit side like Sizewiser, a little bit different, but he is elite speed, like breakaway speed. And if you get him with Sean Payton and he just gets his two point zero album, Kamara, I think that would be a huge opportunity for him to make some contributing to the running game asap. I mean the run game as well, I mean the passing game as well. So I like Jalen Wright going to Denver.
Speaker 2: Uh, do you have a spot for him? Florida?
Speaker 3: I like that one. I went in a little different direction. I said the Browns. I think the Browns are a sneaky, good landing spot for running backs right now. I keep being of the mindset that like whatever they get out of Nick Chubb this year feels like a like a bonus. I don't think he'll be ready to start the year and stuff. And Jerome Ford showed last year he could be a good backup, but they lost Kareem Hunt. Uh, there's some depth questions behind him. So I think Right could step in and be an immediate one two punch, whether it be with Chubb or Jerome Ford. Because uh, like like Elk was saying, he's got good hands, he's a good pass blocker. He's also got some good speed there. So we know the Browns love to run the ball and they're gonna need some bodies in that backfield. So I thought, I think just there, whoever ends up there, I think could be sneaky for fantasy because people are gonna probably be like, oh no, they have a lot of running backs in Cleveland, but.
Speaker 2: Do they did know who?
Speaker 5: I said there too. My other guy was Marshawn Lloyd, and I know we're gonna talk about him, but I said to Browns man, I like him going to the Browns as well. That'll be a nice spot for him to produce interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get to mis a second.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 2: Jalen Wright, I think Chicago might be interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, especially if they decide that they want to if this one, if they want to make this an offensive heavy draft, right, you get Caleb at the top. We'll see if they if they really do trade out at number nine, or if they just use that opportunity to take another wide receiver or something like that.
Speaker 2: But you know, deoncey Foreman was a nice piece.
Speaker 1: I like Rashawn Johnson, you know, I mean, I know that they brought people in, but why not get a guy in Jalen Wright who can kind of kind of help you in the in the past game, help you with past protection.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It may be a little bit of a crowded situation there in Chicago, but I think there's an opportunity for him to go in and and potentially be a guy who works his way onto the field that maybe in his rookie year.
Speaker 2: So uh, you know, look, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: But I I think even with DeAndre Swift, there uh that that Jalen Wright could really kind of fight for opportunities. I mean, I think there's if there's a thing we've seen about DeAndre Swift, teams don't necessarily love him the way that we love him exactly.
Speaker 5: The career shareholder of the ball he would let me.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's let's get to the Marshawn Lloyd talk. I am going to try and be objective, you know, I think, but I think I think there are things like, let me just put it out here. I think my my frustration with Marshaw Lloyd is it with Lloyd. It was the way he would used in the sc offense last year that there were times watching them, you know, and watching pretty much every snap that it felt like Lincoln Riley was trying to go out of his way to get Caleb Williams another heisman, sometimes to the detriment of the offense, and sometimes it should have been a little bit more Lloyd because he had the opportunity to. He's not a home run hitter necessarily, but he can move the sticks. He can be a game changer. He can come up with explosive big plays every so often, and I don't think they really used him as such.
Speaker 4: So I get frustrated, I think when I talk about him a little bit. But Florio, I know you're excited about him, you love him. I will let you, you know, drive.
Speaker 2: The hype train on this one right now.
Speaker 3: When I watch him. I know you said He's like he can move the chains and stuff, but I think he's got bursts and explosiveness as well to bring big to bring big plays to the NFL level. And I think he's got good vision as well. He could quickly cut when he sees an open lane and then he just hits the hole and is out. Good hands could help as a as a receiver. I think his pass protection probably needs a little bit of work. But I was thinking about where I think he ends up bet and he's someone that in my pre NFL Draft best balls, I'm taking a lot of him because I think that he can be a contributor right away and maybe one of the best running backs from this draft class. But my dream fit for him, and I think this is the second best fit, second best landing spot for any running back behind only of the Cowboys, is the Chargers. I could see him making a nice one two punch with Gus Edwards, with Gus being your short yardage guy, being your goal line runner, and Lloyd is kind of doing stuff on early downs, he's getting involved on passing plays, and then.
Speaker 2: He's just he he brings a.
Speaker 3: Little bit more explosiveness in a different style than Gus Edwards. So we know that the Chargers love to run the ball and that they're gonna use two running backs, so why not kind of get a little thunder and lightning of your own going here with Lloyd and Gus Buss.
Speaker 1: That's actually my landing spot for him as well, is the Chargers put him, put him in that uh brief even in LA. You know, he'll get an upgraded apartments. You know, he won't be uh, you know, living at Founders or you know whatever, uh you know whatever off campus apartment he's probably living in right now.
Speaker 4: But uh yeah, that was my pick for him too. Did you have a spot for him? Q?
Speaker 5: No, I was we were all in the same boat spot all right. One two punch with Gus Edwards would be amazing and kind of give them a little bit of interchangeable there. And I think Lloyd ends up being the starter eventually. This is one of those situations where you have a guy that is so talented and what he's able to do that needs a little bit polished in some areas that wasn't utilized properly, like how you were saying, and to his ultimate potential, I think the Charges will be the perfect spot for him to be able to flex itself to be one of those you know, workhorse running backs for him.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're all unanimous on Marshaun Lloyd staying in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Last one here, Trey Benson. I know that you know, we.
Speaker 4: Talked about him as being maybe the the guy that we're targeting in redrafts or maybe one of the guys that we think could be the RB one in redrafts. I mean, lawand stay with you any any spot that you see for him that you would like to see him go?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Dallas. I mean I'll take the lazy take here like he seems like the all around and go back to you know that can take on that workload. I mean, no real competition in that backfield, worse streamans there to block. Like you know, Trey Benson. He can come in and he's a run, harder guy, he's hard to bring down. So he's one of those guys that you could just see in a Dallas Cowboys jersey. And they really need a running back, and I don't think they should take the chance, even though they're known for taking chances on players, you know, with injuries, but that's more so on the defensive side. But I really feel as though if they want to hit home run here, just get a running back that can stand tall, break the tackles, and be a huge red zone threat for them. So go ahead and get you at Trey Benson.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, they need a running back.
Speaker 1: The one thing about the Cowboys this year is that whoever is back there, well, he's gonna get a lot of touches. Everybody's gonna draft that guy. The offensive line is not what it used to be now.
Speaker 5: That's the huge question mark that that's what they need to address in the draft as well.
Speaker 3: Uh your thoughts, Florio, Well, I don't have him going to Dallas. I think I think Jerry's gonna be Jerry and and take Brooks and uh and go for the home run swing. I had him staying in that division though. I think the Giants would be a good fit for him because look they're there. Running back room is pretty barren right now, and Devin Singletary is a solid NFL runner. I'm happy that, uh it. The changes he made to his game a couple of years ago really worked out for him and has led to him having a prolonged NFL career and getting a second and third contract. Uh, but we know who Devin Singletary is at this point, so I think Benson would be a really nice complimentary piece for him.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: He he could even be the lead back potentially here and and he would get the goal line work, I think for sure, because that's one area we know Singletary can struggle. And one thing I like about Benson fourth highest ten yards split amongst running backs in this class, and the forty gets all the attention, but to me, the ten yard split matters even more, especially for running backs, because you're not always gonna get forty yards unjudged to run, but you're gonna be if you could run fast and get that burst, you're gonna pick up yards in chunks. So yeah, I agree with Lakwan. I like Benson and NFC seems like a good landing spot for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Giants. The Giants were my spot. That was what I had for for Trey Benton. Was was going to Big Blue because, as you mentioned, Devin Singletary, nice piece, not a guy that you're gonna lean on.
Speaker 2: They've got to figure out how to fill that Saquon hole.
Speaker 1: You know, and I don't think it's gonna take one guy, but I think Trey Benson can get them a little bit closer to filling that that void.
Speaker 2: You know, Devin Singletary, we know who he is. At this point.
Speaker 1: I would like to see somebody come in there that can get a lot of opportunity. The downside is the Giants are probably gonna be bad, so that's gonna have an impact on his opportunities overall.
Speaker 2: But I think it's JJ oh yeah, my bad. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Last thing is there is there an under the radar guy, maybe a guy that's not getting a ton of love that either of you are interested in right now.
Speaker 5: TCU and Money Bailey. I've been watching him a lot. He has some bursts to his game. Man, he's really really quick and he's able to get outside play being in between the tackles. He changed direction pretty quickly, and it's like, man, he's one of those guys that you watch and you just see him make these plays. Obviously, he needs a little bit more polishness, and you know in past protection there's a lot of times he gets backpedaled, so that's a little concerning, which might hurt his opportunities to being in chances of being on the field. But he's definitely a guy that could contribute to a passing game, a run game like Devin Singletary type that we were talking about. He has like the all around running back qualities that you want in the back to give you a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: Uh, not bad. Who do you like? Floria?
Speaker 3: Isaiah Davis from South Dakota State. He's a good runner, very good cutter, just doesn't have the elite speed. Killian Robinson had the fastest ten yards split amongst running backs. And I believe Emory Hunt likes him. And I'm not going to tell you I've scouted him a ton, but if Emery likes him and he's fast, I could get on board. The thing is, like we keep saying, landing spot matters so much for the high end running backs in this class.
Speaker 4: If it matter for the lower guys. Yeah, it's all going to come down to.
Speaker 5: Land Guys like Bucky Irvin and stuff like these landing spots are going to be very important for those guys.
Speaker 1: I'm very curious to keep an eye on Isaac Garrindo. He's another that I like speedstirb. It's got decent size, as well.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 4: Again, like you said, landing spy is going to have a big impact on what his overall production is going to be. But I think he's kind of an intriguing prospect who at times can be a home run hitter when necessary. So interested to see sort of where he lands. But definitely an a name that I am keeping an eye on over draft weekend.
Speaker 1: All right, I can take a quick time out, easy for me to say, we'll come back. We'll talk some tight ends. It probably won't be a long discussion, but we'll get it in no matter what. You're listening to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we'll talk some tight ends here.
Speaker 1: The conversation, at least for fantasy, especially in the year of our Fantasy Football Lord's twenty twenty four starts and.
Speaker 2: Ends with brock Bowers.
Speaker 1: And this is a name where if you are you know, if you're a deVie person, if you have just been kind of following this for the last couple of years, like you have been hearing brock Bauer's name for multiple years now. Weirdly, we don't have brock Bowers prospect fatigue, maybe because people just don't talk about tight ends like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We know with a lot of positions, landing spot matters, and I guess it does with tight ends as well. But I mean, Florida, with a guy as talented as Bowers, how much is the landing spot going to matter? Especially because the draft capital spent to get him is going to be substt Anchel, you know, short of him getting Arthur Smith or something like that. Like, how much does the landing spot actually matter for brock Bowers?
Speaker 3: It matters a lot less with him than a lot of like then all of the running backs that we've been talking about, and and really I would say any of the receivers outside of the top three as well. Like, I think he's going to be fine. It's just a matter of volume and that's gonna determine fantasy value. But I think Bowers will be able to contribute and excel no matter where he goes. But there are some landing spots that are clearly just a little bit more advantageous than others. But yeah, I think he is going to be fine regardless of where he ends up.
Speaker 4: Uh was he a top ten tight end from week one? U?
Speaker 5: Possibly? It's it's again we keep hitting on the landing swatch. I don't think people really understand how important it is for these prospects to land in the right spot for a team a that's going to be you know, tight end friendly who has already a previous existence of having a high target share percentage going to that tight end unit. So that's going to be one of those things that's going to be important for him where you know, talent doesn't always overwegh you know, you know, opportunity and situation. So it's one of those things that I hope he goes to a team where he has, you know, the ability to be able to open up, you know, more in the middle for a quarterback that's been struggling in that area or a quarterback that's already a veteran established to be able to utilize him properly and get them involved as well. So fantasy it's going to be very, very spotty just based on where he's going to stay, I mean, where he's going to land.
Speaker 1: So we'll see, Yeah, I mean I definitely think landing spot has something to do with it. I mean, look I look at look at Sam Laporta last year. Right now, he landed in a spot where there was zero competition for him, and so he walked into a huge opportunity. Compare that to Dalton Kincaid, who pretty much from the jump was having to share opportunities with Dawson Knox in Buffalo. So that was I think some some landing spot does have you know, landsbot has something to do with it. I just feel like this is a guy who is so talented that, especially if you're using him with a top ten pick, you're going to get him on the field.
Speaker 2: I know we said that about Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know we said that, like you spent with the number eight pick or whatever it was on Kyle Pitts, Like why aren't you using him? That feels like a one off, right like that just rookie year was great, and his Rooki year was great. Down one thousand yards in his rookie year and then all of a sudden, you know, there was a lot of.
Speaker 2: Overthinking going on in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I and I know the tight end is deeper than it has been in past years.
Speaker 2: Thing, but one is it? So like, let's look at the guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, Laporte's there, Kelsey's there, we're not gonna have Hockinson for much of the year, but you still got what Andrews, McBride, Jittle.
Speaker 3: Then there's like.
Speaker 1: Then there's a handful of guys that could sort of be anywhere from like you know, six to sixteen.
Speaker 3: Right Like for me, I would have have Kinkaid, Evan Ingram, David and Joku, Kyle Pitt's all in my top ten ahead of Brock.
Speaker 1: Bowers, I believe, Okay, but that still leads a couple of slots for him to slide into the top ten.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's nine because we said Mark Andrews as well, I believe, So that's nine. So I think after I mean, then it's like Goddard Ferguson. I think Bower slides, right, But that's like last year, I had Kincaid and Laporta as tight ends eleven and twelve or ten and eleven, I believe in my ranking something like that. But I could see Bower sliding in there. I just it's a little bit deeper than it's been in the past, I think because we had three breakouts in Laporta, Kincaid, and McBride last season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's fair, But I also thinking you know, also with the factor in that somebody is going to have a disappointing season where we didn't think it was going to happen somebody, and not that we're wishing it, but somebody's gonna get hurt. That's just the reality of it that those are the things that happen over the course of the season, which opens up more opportunities. And I just I really just keep leaning on the fact that whoever drafts Bowers is going to try and get the most out of him in year one, especially when we've seen tight ends come in and start to be a little.
Speaker 2: Bit more productive early on.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, I think I think he's gonna be a guy that you know, in in re draft league, is gonna be kind of an interesting option.
Speaker 2: Curious to see how he goes or where he.
Speaker 1: Goes in dynasty league, especially in dynasty startup drafts. Knowing the uh, you know, tight end is deeper, but it's still not super deep. And let's be honest, Travis Kelsey's not gonna be there forever, right, I mean, at some point Travis Kelsey starts to fall off or just decides to retire. I mean, Mark Andrews has been a nice piece. He's kind of gotten beat up the last couple of years. George Kittle is a volatile option on a year to year basis on tween bases. You know, there's there's there's a a an opportunity there for a new tight end hero to rise up and save us.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, any other tight end this year? We could probably say tight end is deeper than ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe until until Travis Kelsey retires and.
Speaker 5: Then we're like, okay, we're back to square one.
Speaker 1: He's like, you know, he goes back to the We're gonna just gonna be a full time podcaster and game show hosts.
Speaker 2: Like, That's what I'm gonna do. Are there any other tight ends you guys are interested in at all?
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna get on this mic and line to people. I haven't done anything really deep diving on tight ends. There's really only one to really talk about. It's it's look, I'm looking at a list of tight ends. I have never seen them before in my life, but I'm pretty sure they they contribute to where they contribute. They have their abilities, they have their opportunities to go out there, show up, show out and do their thing man, but we will be deep diving a little bit later.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was gonna give you. I was gonna give you Vincennat from Kansas State. Uh.
Speaker 1: And I was gonna give you Eric All from Iowa because tight End Iowa. See you write it down, pick it up the notebook, writing it down.
Speaker 2: Eric All. He didn't spend his whole career at Iowa. He was, Uh, he was.
Speaker 1: I can't remember where Michigan maybe I think it was, and then he transferred to Iowa. But tight End Iowa. That alone should peak your interest and on him.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is going back NFL. The research department sent out like comparisons after the combine, and obviously they compared him to to Laporta, Hockinson, Kittle, the big tight ends who come out of Iowa. He is taller and weighs more and has bigger arms than all of those guys. Now I'm not saying that's going to translate to him being better than them, but he's bigger, he's coming from the same school. I think, I just like you, Marcus, always got to pay attention to those and then the other one. I was gonna mention Trey Knox just because he was a former wide receiver and he's very fast and he could be a bat guy coming out of South Carolina.
Speaker 1: The one thing, one thing I do not know is I don't know if there are any former basketball players in this list of tight ends, because that's always an interesting one, always one one right, and like the immediately immediately that that guy's gonna get compared to, like Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez or.
Speaker 5: Jimmy shows basketball clips on Draft Night.
Speaker 2: You know Jimmy Graamt played basketball. Are you aware of that? Wow?
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I'm the I'm the first person I ever mentioned that on a broadcast of any sort.
Speaker 3: I kind of felt bad because during March Madness, during NC State's Final four run, the entire conversation about DJ Burns, who was a star, was like, shoot, this guy played football right exactly.
Speaker 5: Breaking him down, analyzing like he.
Speaker 2: Just got a quick feed.
Speaker 5: Here's a big body guy.
Speaker 2: Like no, he's playing ball, playing basketball, man, Like, let him do his thing.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this. He he cooked CS in the ACC tournament and I was like, look at this, Syracuse is getting destroyed by a guy who has no chance of going pro. And then he everyone in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 1: He really did cook during the tournament, so uh that all that did was make the NFL scouts drool even more.
Speaker 2: So what.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's kind of our look at the running backs and the tight end position.
Speaker 4: Next week we'll have one more. It'll be the wide receiver position, and we are I don't know if I'm ready to say this out loud, we are working on a very special guest, a good friend, any very special guest, to come on next week and help us with some wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Take that as a hint if you want, I don't care.
Speaker 1: Any meantime, we'll be back with you, of course on Thursday for the NFL Fantasy Football cheat Sheet.
Speaker 2: Lock in.
Speaker 1: Just you know, keep an eye on our twitters and we will let you know about when it's happening. I would say, tentatively look at it for about three o'clock eastern noon Pacific. That is when we are are hoping to get this thing up and running. So I'll be sure to check that out as well. In the meantime for Michael F. Florio for the Kwan Jones, I'm Marcus grant that I'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast.
Speaker 2: By the way, shout out to producer Susi who's back with us. Welcome back.
Speaker 1: We haven't harassed you about watching any fast and furious movies in a while. We'll see if you have gone beyond like what she watched, like the first two or three something like that.
Speaker 2: I think it was too she got up to Tokyo.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, here's the thing. If you can power through Tokyo drift, then then you're good to go. But Tokyo drift like that's you know, that's that's the breaking point for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: And I understand if you don't.
Speaker 5: Make it through that one real nasty work there.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Like I said, that'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. They happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well. Enjoy the week, everybody, and we'll talk to you again real soon.