Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: So what do you think I should do with the Durant stuff on Twitter?
Speaker 3: I think it's kind of like kind hearted, but like given his situation right now, it's kind hearted.
Speaker 2: And so here's the when I say, what do you think I should do with it? Because this last time was some random person that tweeted him about me. It's not like I had said anything about him or mentioned him or anything. The question is, because it's Kevin Durant, should I acknowledge it and respond to it every time? Or should I ignore? I feel like an oblig gash to reply to reply because it's Kevin durant.
Speaker 3: But you know, I mean, the god thinks he's a god, so he probably thinks you are going to reply to him. So I just treat him like a regular fan and just be like, no, this.
Speaker 2: Is something maybe we can get into it. If people didn't see it, the tweets were he said, anyone do my job? He said I was trash. He said I make millions of dollars, So that part was and he called me everything except for the name I go by, which isn't.
Speaker 4: It Welcome in.
Speaker 2: It is episode eighteen of What's Right with Nick Wright, the podcast and the YouTube show like rate, Subscribe Review, and we are continuing every Sunday our countdown of the fifty greatest players of the last fifty years. We have individual videos for those full episodes. If you want a deep dive on Bob McAdoo, I am your guy. But also we will get into the top twenty five. Where do we have James Harden versus John Stockton? Where does Kevin Garnett stack up? Chris Paul how high can he climb? All that coming out in future episodes, But before we get into today's show, we must discuss what we are not discussing it's just a little method to get into the show. So what's not on today's show. The NFL schedule releases not on today's show because it comes out Thursday night and we are recording Wednesday afternoon. Tom Brady potentially coming for your seat. The mom's ay, Tom Brady gonna walk out of the NFL and walk right into the number one share at Fox, which is unbelievable for the company and Club Superstar drama. So we're not talking about that, except we are gonna talk about it for just a moment. Here's the deal. On First Things First, we came out with Club Superstar. It's an amazing piece of art done by Jack Perkins on Twitter. I'm at pure hoop. The idea is too many people say this guy's superstar, that guy's superstar, and I said, it's like a great nightclub one in one out twelve people Max. We debuted it the other day on First Things First. And then that's Charlatan A mean al Hassen, who was just writing Dan Levittard's Coattails to Glory, Fame and Fortune said I stole this idea from him and Zach Harper from there, you know, moderately successful barely listened to Sirius XM radio show. For me to steal the idea, i'd have to be aware of the idea, and their idea was not a club superstar who was an MVP bar. It doesn't even have a one in, one out policy. Just nonsense. I am not above stealing things from other media empors. I've stolen many things from the Church of Laslow, a radio show in Kansas City that nobody outside of kans City ruling out on a few cities, but a lot a lot of sportsmans don't know about. I steal things from them all the time, and I admit to it. And I even stole from Levatard show once I stole the whole the thing I do at the end of shows where I complain about technological advancements that have made things worse, that's just Greg Cody's back in my day. He's been doing that for years.
Speaker 5: So awareness is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I will steal, but I will admit that I have stolen Jacoby from Jail. On Jacoby a ESPN, I didn't realize it was him at first, but he called the nets an NFT like not a real tangible thing. I said that on THEMANI Show. But I said it wasn't my idea. I said someone else said this. I couldn't remember as Jacoby. So I will steal, but I will admit I stole. I didn't take a means a means of club or bar MVP. That's silly club superstar. On the other hand, one in one out policy with a specially commissioned, multi thousand dollars piece of art that I paid for out of my own pockets. It's a beautiful piece of art. It's beautiful. People should check it out. Okay, Deman's you're ready for today's show. I'm a little itchy today, man, my ear itches. I don't know. I feel like I an allergic reaction. I'm not sure what's going on. Will power through it because we have a lot to do today. What are we leading with today?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: So Katie came into it on Twitter again with a series of tweets. I've got a comment and then a question.
Speaker 5: Okay uh.
Speaker 3: He says that anybody could do your job. Are I a living.
Speaker 5: Proof of that?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Before you ask your question, let's find out real quick.
Speaker 5: Okay, see it?
Speaker 2: Give me forty five seconds right now. On Sons maps from last night.
Speaker 5: Oh geez, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So no, nobody, anybody can't do my job. I'm a professional takesman. The idea that does anybody.
Speaker 3: Professional takes Did you just make that up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did? You know? You know how you can come up with good turns of phrase like that on a fly if you're a professional wordsmith, a takesman, someone who teas, someone who consumes sports and immediately is thinking, how can I make.
Speaker 3: A few seconds on suns Ma Mavericks gott freaking blown outa don just had a you know, decent game.
Speaker 5: What else are Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like Chris what is I don't know his first name, but Chris, Chris, the little floppy thing into the other locker room.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's right, all right, that's what we would call a recap of things everyone already knew. That is not exactly going to cause our ratings bonanza. That is not going to cause people to tune in. So the idea that everyone can do my job false. People think they could do my job, but they can't. If they could, more people will do it. I don't have this job because I'm good looking. I don't have this job because I have this amazing voice. It's because the takes are so sharp and insightful, and occasionally I have a little inside information. So can are there more people in the world who can do what I do than can do what Kevin Durant does? Yes, of course, Can anyone do my job? No, of course not. But you said you're a comment in a question. I didn't even let you get to the question. Go ahead and do the question. Narcissism, So narcissist.
Speaker 3: Wow, So the question is why do you think Katie is singling you out like that on Twitter?
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is my question it and this is what I can't figure out.
Speaker 3: Does Katie hate me or really like see that's what That's what I was thinking, Like, I don't think that he's uh. I think it is like me and fun like frenemies exactly freely.
Speaker 2: Because here's the thing. If people didn't see this exchange, someone I didn't tweet to him. Someone tweeted to Durant, did you see nick Wright's Club Superstar segment? He had a funny line about Kyrie, right, And Durant responded and said, I didn't see it, but I'm sure it was trash. Anyone can do Nicky's job, and he calls me nicky.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: He then says because someone's like, hey, don't be mean to nick. And he says, he makes millions of dollars, thanks Katie, appreciate that, and so he's subject for criticism. That's how this works, right, And I did respond to that. I said, that is actually exactly how this works. You are correct, Kevin Durant. I am in the public eye. I have a big boy job with big compensation that I have decided to put myself out there. Anything someone wants to say about my job performance and even minor personal shots are fair, right. And I think Kevin Durant thought he was like check making, it's like check meeting me Like, oh, you don't like when it happens to you. But isn't that what they say about me? Like I make millions of dollars, I should be able to expected.
Speaker 3: You to take a Kyrie's standpoint of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are subject to criticism like that is what goes with the territory, And so I don't. I am a big believer that I've never been. I have been mean at times to Durant, but I've never been out of bounds. I've never been unfair. I didn't participate when people were making fun of his ankles. Never that I thought that was I thought that was out of bounds. I was like, you know what, I'm gonna sit in this one out fellas. I feel like, A that's not necessarily a white person conversation, and B I'm not I'm not participating in that. So I don't think I've ever really gone overboard, and I don't think he's going overboard with me. And then, but here's the other thing when I say I don't know for friends or enemies, because I then tweeted at least I had you in Club Superstar Kevin. I put at least I had you in Club Superstar Kevin. I don't think people really call him Kevin. They call him K or KD. And that's why he wrote thank you Nicholas and did the handshake emoji. So I you know what, we had low Wayne on this show is a great time. We don't really do guests on this show. I was thinking about trying to get Ti on the show because I had him in my top five, and I don't think a lot of people do. I want to get Durantle. I think Durant and I sitting down. I don't think it would be all lovey dovey, but I think there is a mutual respect along with a bit of dislike that I think could be compelling. So that's a new goal. Go Gabe, who's the you know, the the Grand Pooba Blue Doock Media, Go ahead and make that happen, if you would please. By the way, I'm gonna hit the clock today. I asked for a twelve minute clock. They for some reason told me that's not in our budget. I so we're going to figure out how to get a twelve minute clock for next episode, but I'm going at the clock today. We already went a little long in the first topic. We got five minutes left for the rest of the segment. What's next to them?
Speaker 5: Was?
Speaker 3: The Last Night was pretty scary to watch for you in the MAVs Oh the maps.
Speaker 2: You already recapped it so beautifully. Why do we even.
Speaker 3: The seventeen seventeen over run? The seventeen oh run was super hard to watch. Sit next to you, I was actually got really scared to record some content for the show. Did you record any I didn't think I was afraid you'd kick me out of the house. Yeah, so you're obviously not too stoked about it, and you say that it's you probably say it's gonna go to game seven at this point, but you know, the MAVs have been getting destroyed in Phoenix and that's where game seven would be.
Speaker 2: Yep, So why can they win game seven? Here's why they win game seven. They're gonna win game six. I believe they're gonna win back in Dallas and then it's game and then all the pressure in the world is not on Dallas, it's on Phoenix. For Chris Paul, this last real shot at the type. Yeah, Devin Booker and I don't know if we're gonna get to it, but it's doing a whole lot of shit talking that I think is gonna be that didn't last time, didn't age well last time. Luca won the next two. And I think the MAVs are the best player in the series, best player in the series. Have a come down to one game, it's no problem. Here's the thing the MAVs must understand before we move on. They must understand if you're gonna beat the Suns, you cannot beat them if you don't have a lead after three quarters. The Suns are fifty three and oh when leading after the third quarter. So you have to treat it like a three quarter game. You must be winning after the third quarter and then find a way to finish it all. Because not a single team all year long has been trailing the Suns by even one point headed into the fourth and won the game. That it's a crazy stat. The best teams in NBA history when leading after three quarters the ninety six Bulls the seventy two win Bulls were sixty something and one when leading after three quarters playoffs included the twenty eighteen Caves were fifty four, fifty five and one. That was Lebron with no teammates really at the apex of his powers. The twenty twenty Lakers were fifty seven and oh, another Lebron team that they never lost single game all year when leading after three quarters. And the Sun right now are fifty three and zero. Are we gonna do the Devin Booker thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So did you see Devin Booker talking craft to you guy, Luca?
Speaker 2: I did, And if people didn't see it, this is where I'm saying he might this. He's gonna have a little extra pressure on him. I think we can run some of the footage. So Devin Booker got fouled in the third quarter and flopped. First of all, they called this a flagrant foul. But you see he flopped like a fish on the ground. And then he's laying on the ground. He's smiling. He's acting like he got hurt, which is smart, I guess, because it led to a flagrant foul. But then he says to the crowd, I'm pulling a Luca. I'm doing the Luca.
Speaker 5: Oh that's what he said.
Speaker 2: That's what he said to the crowd, saying like exaggerating injury. That is not what listen. Luca has some things I understand. People not like it. He winds incessantly, he is a trash talker. He's sometimes looks uninterested in defense. Those are fair criticism.
Speaker 3: It doesn't flop though.
Speaker 2: He absolutely does not flop, and he does not pretend to get hurt. It's a lie. And so the point I'm making about the pressure being on the Suns is this, if Dallas he called it the Lucas Special, is what he called me. If Dallas wins Game six, which I believe they will. Now all of a sudden, Chris Paul has massive pressure on him because he's probably the last chance to win a title, and Devin Booker's gotta know you pull that sh and then lose two in a row, you will four seed. That's gonna follow you for a while. So I still like Dallas's chances. All right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Miami absolutely blitz the Sixers. Yeah, hard isn't showing up an embiid is looking kind of gas yeh. No team is won on the road yet, and four of the five games have been double digit wins.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: His home court advantage really a big deal. It's see.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, Suns and Sixers heat the home team's ten to zero in those series, so that seems to be relevant thus far. In the other two series not so important. Here's what I think right now. I think that because it's not like Miami's got a great crowd. I think Philly they don't have the emotional maturity as a team to where they can. I think they need the energy from their home fans. It's less about like Miami being such a tough place to play and more about Philly needing the energy from their home crowd. Also, it should be noted Games one and two in Miami, Embiid didn't play. I also thought the Embiid argument that he was pouting about MVP not winning MVP, it was not crazy. I think guy's got a broken face and how to can caution. This was not about not winning MVP. This was about he's playing injured and Harden didn't show up. This is bad loss obviously for the Sixers. I believe the win game six and then we'll see if they can win a game seven in Miami. We don't have a lot of history that leeds you to believe they can. But if embiid is looks healthier, they still have no answer for EMBIID. So I'm not writing off the Sixers yet. I said I was gonna hit the clock. The clock just run out, ran out, But we have one topic left, So in order to hit the clock, we're gonna do that topic. Next segment Golden State Memphis, After the Break, What's Right with the Great?
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, dun Cheetah Michael, and Bobby Kinavami. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright podcast and YouTube show like rate, subscribe review if you would the Low Wayne interview Demanse did numbers for our YouTube page. I should the I saw a skip on his podcast and he's got a plaque from YouTube forgetting to one hundred thousand subscribers. They send him an actual plaque. We're just shy of like forty thousand. I would really really like it if we could somehow get to one hundred thousand, which is a big number before football season. Maybe we could shoot even higher than that. But if you're listening to this, if you ever watch anything on YouTube, subscribe there. If you're watching us on YouTube, hopefully you already subscribed. If not, subscribe now, we would greatly appreciate it. And I my commitment to you is I will try to do better. If you're watching us. One of the visual mechanisms is this clock, which has been mostly useless because I never hit it. Starting next week, we're doing twelve minutes segments, and once that happens every time, this is what we're gonna do. Every time I don't hit the clock, I'm gonna have to pay a financial penalty. I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 3: Pay you's I'm gonna pay you.
Speaker 2: Well, then you might work against me. You might try to then try to add stuff, be like oh what about this?
Speaker 3: What about that?
Speaker 2: All right? You know what? Charity is a better idea? Gonna screwed yourself there, buddy, I'm gonna even financial penalty would to be determined. It will be on a multiple dollars per minute basis. Give it to the producer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for doing such a great job.
Speaker 2: Wow, Look at demons finally learning who the real power is on this show. Who to kiss up to? Wow? Give it to the producers the thought. You're also implying that you know, our fearless leader, Gabe Goodwin's not paying his people well enough. All right, let's go.
Speaker 5: What are we starting with?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know we're starting with because I didn't get to it last segment because I screwed up the clock again. Golden State, Memphis? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: It's possible by the time that people see it here, this Golden State will have advanced by past Memphis. Yeah, but you know they're still not playing well and they've gotten super lucky with playing the Nuggets in injuries. But you know, let's talk about ja. Do you think that it's possible that even when he is back tow one hundred percent, that he'll just keep progressing and be even better or what's going on?
Speaker 2: So I'm worried about Job. So again, this game is tonight and we're recording before it. My guess is Golden State's gonna win. It wouldn't be shocking if Memphis, back at home, finds a way to win. They were twenty and five this season. Without Jaw, they could win. But Memphis has no chance of winning the series none whatsoever, not without John Morant the rest of the way. And my I worry about Jaw, And you and I were discussing this before. Deman's about Job versus Anthony Edwards, right right, I think Jaw's better and I think Jaw's profile is even more elite than Anthony Edwards, who is an outstanding player, but Jaw's body type and play style terrifies. Right, He's always on the ground, and so much of his game has to deal with do with the fact that I think right now he's the single best active athlete in the NBA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, easily.
Speaker 2: And so when you're relying on that, if you lose a little bit of that and you just become one of the best athletes in the NBA, that hurts you. And so I know that seems obvious shooter, but well so. And here's the other reason the injury concerns me. The bone brews sounds like, what's that mean? Kendrick Nunn suffered a bone brews last season, so not this season. We just had last season he signed with the Lakers this offseason, he missed the entire year with dealing with the bone groups. Now, I don't think that's gonna happen with Job. But my point is this, he needs this summer. He's not a fully formed player. He needs the time to work on his shot and to work on his defense. Everyone's just crushing Luca for Lackaday's goal defense. Luca is a far better defender than Joe is. Jaw's bad defensively, but he has a great defensive team around him, those other guys that can make up for it. So I this this injury plus the fact that he did they're twenty and five without Josh sounds good, but it also means he missed twenty five games this year. Yeah, so that part's concerning. So I'm rooting for Jah. Nobody want you know the comp Jaws always had as Derek Rose, Well, Derek Rose, it went sideways because of an injury, now obviously a far more devastating injury than this one. But I I am a Josh stockholder, But there you do. I guess the question would be, is it possible that when his career's over, he's never better than he is right now? As possible? That's usually not the case for a player as young as him, but with a guy that plays the way he does, that's got to at least be on the board. That part's concerning, And he must improve as a shooter because at some point the athleticism will wanne a bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's next Bucks Celtics?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's was tonight.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, before I get into the question, yeah, you said that it'd be you said that the Bucks would win. Did you say five? Well before, at the beginning of the bet.
Speaker 2: Okay, so here's the deal. Before the playoffs, I said the Bucks would not face a game six the entire postseason.
Speaker 3: Okay, whenever series and four that's already happening, correct.
Speaker 2: However, before, once Chris Middleton went down, I said bucks and six. I said, that's going to cost them one game instead of Bucks and five with Middleton bucks and six, Bucks and six still available to.
Speaker 3: Me Celtics and six still available. Absolutely, that was what I said.
Speaker 2: And Chris Middleton's not coming back. So what so what?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: You said Selton six, I said Bucks and six. We'll see. Don't don't start celebrating because I think you said five. I did say five initially, but then Chris Middleton got hurt. Okay, this isn't about our bet. Yeah, we had time on that in Game five's tonight. But so Game five, by the time people will have seen this will have already happened. We don't know what's gonna happen. What's going on.
Speaker 3: You predicted the Bucks would pull away in Game four against the Celtics. Yeah, but Al Horford obviously had other players. Yea, there's no sign of Chris Middleton coming back from this injury. If they lose this series. Do you think that they'll blame the injury or they'll make some serious changes.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think they'll blame the I don't think Milwaukee needs to make serious changes. You have Giannis who seems to get better every year. Drew Holliday I think has been good in this postseason, even though he was bad in Game four. We'll see how he is in Game five. You guys will have already seen it. But losing to if they end up losing the series, which I do not believe they will, the Celtics I think are going to end up the winner of this series. I think it's probably going to go to the finals. And if you lose to the it's one thing. If you're Brooklyn and you lose to Boston in four and you look like you're miles away from it. If you lose a series in six or seven of Boston when Chris Middleton didn't play, I wouldn't fire in Milwaukee. I would absolutely run it back. Drew Holliday's excellent Chris Middleton be back. Giannis is still in his APEX prime. You do small little tweaks like they did this offseason bringing in Grayson Allen and move on from PJ. Tucker. But the idea that Milwaukee should blow things up would be insane. You know, the Lakers won the title in twenty twenty, had a disappointing twenty twenty one, and then essentially blew it up. They traded all their role players for one big, shining star in Russ and it led to disaster in twenty twenty two. Don't overreact to one a postseason disappointment, especially when your second best player wasn't there. Now the premise of the question that was flawed, because Milwaukee's not losing the series, even if they even if when you have heard this Thursday morning, they lost Game five in Boston, which I don't think they will have. But even if that happened, Boston still would have to go to Milwaukee and win a Game six or beat Giannis in a Game seven, which I don't think is happening. All right, time for a game two wrongs one right, demonse, let's get going.
Speaker 3: Two rows are right, Let's do it? Yeah better quote Draymon, this isn't the Minnesota timberwill Steph I feel like we got traded to the Kings overnight. Or Gobert saying that he would lotch shack up.
Speaker 2: Well, Go Beart's quotes one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, So that one we're definitely crossing out. I mean, it's just it's just so talk about a guy believing his own hype. People need to watch and you know what you should watch after the show. But I bet, because I bet you've never seen it. Shaquille O'Neill Orlando Highlights. So when Shaq was in Orlando, he was legitimately probably seventy pounds later than he was when he was winning titles with the Lakers, and his agility like just an unbelievable player, and then was even better with the Lakers when he was out of shape. So Go Bear's is definitely wrong. Steph's isn't wrong, but it's not that interesting. He's just saying they felt they had traded the Kings and they played poorly, and because Mike Brown got named coach of the Kings, then he had to coach him. The best one is the Draymond quote, because he's absolutely right. The Grizzlies were able to get away with playing bad basketball down the stretch of games in the final couple minutes because Minnesota was played such a dumb brand of basketball. Golden State, on the other hand, knows how to execute at.
Speaker 7: The end of these games, and they know how to flop in good time. Okay, listen, that was it was a tough call. The Desmond band fouls a tough call. But now that we know Jaws out for the series, I'm not as bitter about that call, even though I picked the Grizzlies, because even even in MEMPHISOD won that game, they were going to lose the series.
Speaker 2: They're not beating Golden State or two out of three.
Speaker 5: These games have not been blowouts.
Speaker 2: I know, I understand, but I'm just telling you that's Draymond's point is these games are going to be close, and Golden State's going to out execute them at the end. All right, what's next.
Speaker 3: One hundred which rumle will come true? Donovan Mitchell to the Knicks, forty nine Ers, trade Jimmy g this summer, or Dallas gets a second football team.
Speaker 2: All right, Dallas definitely not getting a second football team, and I don't think's going anywhere. Here's the thing on Donovan that nobody's talking about. You know what, I shouldn't say, nobody's talking about this. I think Zach Lowe might have mentioned this. It might have been Zach somebody what I've heard one person mentioned this, and when I heard him, I was like, exactly right. The All Star Game next year is in Utah. Utah is not trading Donovan Mitchell away before they host the All Stark They're just not. He's going to be the master ceremonies. He's going to be the big home down star. They're not trading him away before they host the All Star Game. Jimmy g is getting traded this summer. So that's the one that's happening. Donovan might become a nick eventually, but it is not happening this summer. All Right, What's last?
Speaker 3: Which trailer got you most excited? Top Gun, Maverick, Avatar two or the Game of Thrones prequel?
Speaker 2: Okay, I do not care about Top Gun, the first one or the second one at all. I'm a huge Tom Cruise fan. I'm not a big Top Gun fan. Not interested Avatar. I liked the first Avatar just fine because the three D was cool, but I'm not interested in that the Game of Thrones prequel I'm excited for. I don't really know. It's House of Dragons. I'm not sure. Why are you laughing? What's so funny?
Speaker 5: What's so funny? Just none of these movies not in Game of Thrones? Pretty cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I've never tuned in the Game of Thrones. And that's the show that you and mom used to watch a lot in Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was going for multiple years. Yeah, it didn't have a great ending. I'm excited for it. I'm sorry, man, everything can't be the critically acclaimed Walking Dead that you've watched the entire series.
Speaker 3: Actually actually just watched Avengers End Game last night, so okay.
Speaker 2: All right, great, yeah again, zombie shows and superhero movies, my apologies. Game of Thrones, on the other hand, is about dragons and wizards, and it's actually pretty dope. We'll be right back, all right, Welcome back in What's Right with Nick? Great podcast Episode eighteen. Like rate subscriber, you final segment, as we often do, I don't even know what we're talking about, Demonse, you said you had a bone to pick with me or something you want to discuss with me, So demnse take it away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was pretty pretty sad to see. But uh, I mean Dallas was kind of getting blown out. I mean, I guess they were getting blown out, but there was like three minutes left in the third quarter, Hu, and then I forget maybe it was like Devin Booker or yeah itit's a three, and then you just got up and went to bed.
Speaker 5: Like sea in the morning, buddy, love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were sitting right over there watching the game. It was tied at halftime. I was already you know what, full disclosure here. I was kind of pissed at you, and so I didn't want to hang out with you any longer. And the team was getting blown out. So here's the deal.
Speaker 3: This is because I didn't go and pick mama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was because you didn't go and pick mama from the airport. So here's the deal.
Speaker 5: Man, that's so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: So my wife came back from out of town last night. My wife, also doubles as his mother, came back from out of town last night. Her plane landed at ten forty five at LaGuardia, which luckily is fifteen minutes from my house. Super close. That is right, smack dab in the middle of the MAVs Sons game, and so I had mentioned in Amanse like, hey, I might want you to pick your mom up from the airport so I can sit here watch the game tweet if I need to be. You know what I mean. I'm at my battle station here, I got the computer, I got the multiple TVs and demonse, all right, you know you don't want to send an uber.
Speaker 3: For b as what I said, I'd do it. I said I would seem happy about it. I mean I probably didn't seem stoked about it. Yeah, but like I wouldn't have no, I didn't care. And then when they got close to the time, I was like, so, what's the plan with mom?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly right. He said, what's the one with the mom? He did not say, all right, I'm gonna go pick up mom? Said, what's the pric of all?
Speaker 3: I had no idea when she was even getting here until the man was then, how did you know it was close to the time if you had no idea when she was getting that, because I mean you the Mavericks game was on it and they were saying that she was gonna get picked up sometime during that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So so okay. So he then says what's the plan, and I say, I'm gonna go pick her up? And does he say, no, don't do that. You have a television show and a podcast and this is your team for these playoffs and no.
Speaker 3: Instead, I said, are you sure it's a close game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, left, sure it's close game. I'm like, yeah, buddy, I got it. So I left right before halftime and luckily got to the airport right is half time inded. So so I'm like, okay, I've got the game on my phone. I'm gonna be fine. I'm gonna be fine. Got the airport right is half time ended or right before half time inded? I should say watching it. Danielle comes out. I put her suitcase in the car, and I'm like, hey, you can drive. I gotta watch the game. You know what your mom says. I don't really feel like driving. So now I've got to drive, Bob. Now I've got to drive back. I'm listening to the game, but I'm not watching it. And as I'm listening, the Suns are going on a run. I didn't get back in our in our living room to watch the end of the game with you. Now the Suns are going on a massive run seventeen Oh, the Mavers are getting blown out. I'm upset. I feel like I don't really believe in superstitions. I was just sad juju the whole thing. You didn't even really seem to care. You're like, whatever, who cares. I'm sure dad lost thousands of dollars in sports credibility on this doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Times I feel like you like think that sitting in your chair and watching the game will like determine the outcome.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't actually think that, but sometimes I have the feeling like.
Speaker 3: Whatever I was sitting there, they probably would have happened. Man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know that I left and what was a tie game? When I got up, they're down twenty four points. And then I didn't couldn't stand to be around you anymore, so I went upstairs and watched the rest of my bed. That's what happened. That's today's show.