Speaker 1: Yo, what's up man, It's joining Lucas. Make sure y'all check me out on a bootleg CAV podcast shared.
Speaker 2: Yo, Bootleg CAV show Man special guests in here. His new album is out and I'm gonna say it officially. In my opinion, a lot of other albums have been getting talked about, but for my money, this man has the album of the year so far. Joining Lucas Nigga. Welcome, sir, so Gy. I got to start the interview off because I watched your Breakfast Club interview and there's tons of pauses, so we got to kick it off with a nice pause moment. If we go to Worcester, are we gonna get glizzies at the Coney Island? I heard, if we go we gotta get some glizzies? Is this a fact?
Speaker 1: It's a big bulls Yeah, Coney Island go crazy? All right, Coney Island go crazy. Shout out to Cody Island for show for sure. Man.
Speaker 2: But Yo, welcome dude. Like I said, the body of work is crazy. I know obviously you've been dropping like videos and singles it feels like for about a year now that are connected to this body of work. When was the first, was it nine months ago.
Speaker 1: You dropp Yeah? Yeah, yeah, about nine months ago.
Speaker 2: And I gotta say, man, like there's two moments from this project that got me like, hella emotional. So Simba and me are really close friends, and he played me the DMX record like maybe three months ago, and that shit had me choked up, man, Like that DMX moment is like crazy to hear it, like for you, like when you listen to a song like that and it's it feels like this is kind of like the last real X feature we might get. You know what I'm saying, because I know he's got a lot of like verses floating around. You got one, I know you have another one. But I mean like the stuff that like I feel like we hear is like people buying versus and ship you had a real relationship with him, Like when you like listen back to that, like like I did you have you already had that verse obviously before he passed, Like did you get emotional like hearing the final product.
Speaker 1: Like a little bit. It's it's a little bit different now that he's gone, you know, yeah, yeah, so they do it hit different.
Speaker 2: For sure, man. And then obviously this jelly world record is just crazy for anybody. Like I've dealt with a lot of family members who've been addicts. You know, my son's mom was a big drug addicts, So that second verse was crazy.
Speaker 1: That's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know you said that you kind of feel like you get like channeled when you write certain verses from different perspectives. Did you ever deal with any actual like people close to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of within all my records, They're coming from somewhere right. It's like, you know, if I'm not experiencing it directly, then it's you know, someone that I know personally that experienced it, you know. And but yeah, that that that record was a little bit personal for sure, because I have I have someone If you hear it sound like a letter, that's like a for sure, like I'm talking to someone that's try to help them lift their spirits up, you know what I mean, and get them out of the slum.
Speaker 2: At the end, how long your relationship go back with Jelly because you know, obviously everyone's just kind of getting hip to Jelly Roll, but he's been like an underground rapper.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, I wasn't really I was hip to Jelly but back when he was rapping, for sure, but you know he's he's definitely throughout the years, you know, I have grown pause and this record just it just made sense to put him on it because he was you know, he really advocates for for sure.
Speaker 2: That's like his mission.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's his mission for sure. So it just made the most sense to put him on the record, you know. And you know when he heard it, you know, he got goosebumps and he was like, bro, this is this one's this is gonna be the Grammy right here for sure.
Speaker 2: And if like the VMA's would ever get their shit together, you'd have like fifty by now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's I was just telling him, telling him now on the bus, like how I just feel like I'd be slighted.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, Like you got like probably the best music videos like times twenty over the last.
Speaker 1: Decade, m h and like did we did we get music video or was it music video for I'm Not Racist? It was it was music video right for Grammy. It wasn't a song music video?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean yeah, you have classic videos at this point over and over.
Speaker 1: But that was but but that was that felt good.
Speaker 2: Of course, get you're a pauser man, Yeah, yeah, yeah. You know last night you were hanging out with Rihanna and Cardi B and Jason Lee and was Paris Hilting there.
Speaker 1: Paris was sitting right next to me. Nice, she's dope.
Speaker 2: She hey, man, she she started all this reality.
Speaker 1: She is dope, bro, She's a dope person. Like she's she's got a really dope personality.
Speaker 2: Was that your first time like meeting her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's like she's she's just a dope person.
Speaker 2: She was before her time. Can you imagine a Para Hilt would have dropped like TikTok wave.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. She's like the first, like you know what I mean, the first person to really do that that live you know what I'm saying. But yeah, she's she's fire man.
Speaker 2: Like I heard you had like, uh, some previous conversations with with real. Did she reach out to when I'm Not racist?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I built the friendship where like when I'm not racist that you know, came out. You know, she was one of the first people to like really hit me up and like repost it and like, you know, and we built like a really dope friendship. You know what I mean, And she's she's such a she she really loves the culture of of you know, like real like hip hop and meaningful music, you know what I mean. So when I dropped sometimes she'll just be like, you know, she did it with Devil's Work, like Yo, send me that, you know, like text me, send me that, and I send it to her and then she'll just post it and she'd just be like, Yo, this ship needs to be seen. Like she she really want to, you know what I mean, like show love for real and like I really fuck her for that. And you know, seeing her yesterday was like singing a homie, you know, like she's a dope person.
Speaker 2: You got to get get a record one day when she's super active in the music again, because I feel like she comes and goes, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 1: One day she's just she's a mother, you know, for sure, a billionaire and a billionaire, but she's you know, she got the fenty popping shout out the fenty and she's a mom, you know, and she's married and you know she's she's just you know, she living a different life now. So I don't really know if her head is in the music like that, you know, and it's like she gave us years and years worth of music. Amazing classic music, by the way, so shout out to Ree.
Speaker 2: Speaking of classics. I feel like you've had like such an interesting path to where you are now because like I first got hit to you with the five o eight album, which was like twenty seventeen, keeping one hundreds crazy. And I feel like throughout the years you've like been about as anti industry as you could be for somebody who's as big as you are, is that you're gonna have some hard pauses with me? I mean, and I know you've been through a lot in the industry too, but was that is that always kind of been like on purpose? Because you have a very tight team, You've you've moved your own way your entire career. You've been through the major label ship, you've been through the indie shit, you know what I mean? Like, has that always kind of been a part of the plan or did it just work out that way to.
Speaker 1: Just be like anti?
Speaker 2: You're just you're right, you're writing your own ship. You're almost like, you know, like I look at guys like you, I look at guys like Russ like you guys just write your own rules to this rap ship. There's no like you know, a lot of people just go by the blueprint. They drop a single, they work the single, if it don't work out, they drop another single.
Speaker 1: But it's like, bro, that shit is like even if you look at the song structure on a lot of my ship, like like you said, it's just breaking all the rules.
Speaker 2: There's not hooks.
Speaker 1: There's no hooks on a lot of this ship. There's no hooks on isis and there's no hooks on like a lot of speaking Broski, I don't even know if what record didn't what record, what other big risks sticks and sticks and stones did it didn't have a hook to conray Broski, no hook any of the storytelling records really don't be having hooks except for Best for me that has a hook. I didn't go, yeah, well X didn't really have a hook. So it's like I don't really care about following song structure like how things go. It's like I just want to do what I want to do, and it feels good to do what I want to do and not be told what to do.
Speaker 2: You know, and then talk about your app too, because your app is like for people who don't know, like, you got an app that's very unique because there's apps out there where you can like upload your music. Obviously there's there's distroc kids in the tune course and all that, but your app also provides like contract templates, like just different shit. If you're an independent artist, then maybe you don't have the means or the resources to like know someone or a music lawyer or stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Like if I had Tully, like you know, when I really needed it when I was coming up, and like I didn't really you know, know what things was, and I didn't really know about certain shit like you know, tell you what. It came in Clutch, especially the opportunities on there, you know what I mean, with the different features and shit that we were doing. Like you know, it really is like a central place for you know, artists to have, you know, to store all their assets in there, you know, and to you know read, I mean to write, record, listen to the beat all on a single screen. You know. I was doing it all for like three different phones. I was listening to a beat off of this phone, and I was writing off of this one and then recording like because I would record like voice voice notes, so I can remember, like, but we got we had gotten patented so that we can be able to do that all on a single screen, you know what I mean, Which was pretty dope. And then you I can write a song with you from a like a remote location, meaning you could be in a different location right into the same song. Shit like that the loop function on there, so like if you sent me a record with like an open sixteen, I can lose the part that I want and write. It's dope, bro. And it's like when you think about like, there's no there's never been like a pre production tool for an artist to you know have I mean, directors have what like final cut to have their own ship right right. And then you got Microsoft for like you know office and microsoftware to Microsoft is you know the engineers they have pro tools. You know, producers have fruity loops. You know that there's something for everyone except for artists, you know. So I wanted to be the first one to create something that artists can use as a pre production tool.
Speaker 2: Did you like hit up any other rapper homies and say, hey, I'm working on this, what do you think I should include or what's missing? This is this is what we got so far. What's missing?
Speaker 1: No, you can be pretty much kept like we pretty much like just use me as a case study. And we already knew what was missing, right, you know, we already seen that a lot of these niggas don't know, you know, what their splits are on certain records. They don't know certain shit. So we're like, yeah, we got to add that, you know for sure, you know, contracts and shit like that. We got to add that copyright and this shit. We got to add that.
Speaker 2: There's like this all shit like if you're an independent artist and like you buy a beat from somebody, like if I'm just like, you know, a new rapper, I don't know what a production agreement looks like or how to make sure like this producer can't come back later, and like no, I sold this twice, huh.
Speaker 1: And you know, getting that shit off the ground was completely self funded until Sony stepped in, and you know they gave us a big bag. And then you know now that our partners in there, and.
Speaker 2: That's big, you know, Paul, Yeah, for sure, See there we go, there we go, Yo, talk to me about you know you have been I mean, look you've had, like I said, a storied career. I feel like you have fans that have been fucking with you the whole time. You have fans who discovered you through like Tech nine, you have fans who discovered you through like Eminem. You got you know, fans who the first time they ever heard of you was Will Like, you know, you have all these new fans, but you got like your fans are very very dedicated, Like they're a very dedicated bunch. We'll say, do you ever feel like, because I've heard you kind of talk about like when you do a record like a guy like future, Like, do is it kind of hard to like get over always having to try to think about like making your like die hard fans happy while also trying to figure out how to like expand.
Speaker 1: The reach absolutely, Like that's like one of the things because I really care about the core, you know, and it's like I don't want to turn off the core and like make.
Speaker 2: Them like now they change your life.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. So it's like, because I care about about the core, you know, it's like I worry sometimes that they're not really going to understand, like, you know, what I'm trying to do musically, you know. And it's like as far as like me experimenting with like different things, it's like I actually am a fan of like Future Records, you know, I'm a fan of NBA. Like I'm a fan of a lot of that realm that they may not be fans of, you know. So when I step outside of that and collab with those people, you know, sometimes my fans like what the fuck are you doing? You know? But it's like I'm just really open minded and like it's really just me being experimental and trying and ship. But I think that it's like having the balance of like putting your world into their world and like doing it like with within reason and not just going too far left field and like you know, becoming too excited pause and then going too come on, bro, yeah, niggas going to going too far into the into the world. You know what I'm saying. That really just like.
Speaker 2: What's interesting too, because I was I always think back to, like when I was growing up, how big of a deal it was that Kanye got Tulip Quality and Freeway on the song Together. You remember when that happened and people were like, yo, Kanye's bringing the backpack and the mainstream.
Speaker 1: She brought a lot of shit together, bro, But if you.
Speaker 2: Think about it, like fast forward, like Freeway and telip Quality on a song together, is not that crazy. Like and when jay Z said, you know, uh, I'll be rhyming a lot more like common sense, you know, lyrically I beat teleip quality. It's crazy because like back then, I feel like hip hop was more segregated, but nowadays, I feel like I feel like it's natural for like like like the record you did with Young Boy, I don't think I think he came to your world on.
Speaker 1: That, but that was one of the ones that was like I did the Future one. I even got one way, I got a join with Koda that Black You know what I'm saying, Records like Coda Black One goes stupid, Like I love the Koda Black One, but I just I didn't put it on this project. You know, I'm probably gonna throw it on my next joint, you know what I'm saying. I don't know, but I felt like there was too many records on this project that was like a little bit left field, and it was like.
Speaker 2: Well, you had scrapped like the previous idea for this album. Yeah, So there's probably like a folder just the fully shit that will never.
Speaker 1: Set, a whole bunch of features from a whole bunch of different types of artists that I'm a fan of, right, But I just felt like it was going too far down of a direction that I I stopped feeling comfortable with because it was like, I don't ever want to just create something that's just for now, you know. It's just like I like my shit to live forever.
Speaker 2: Can you walk me through? The one thing that I love and hip hop is like when to Top Tier MC's battle and you and Tory Lanez had a fun a fun time you guys were and you guys were hitting each other.
Speaker 1: Ball pause Jesus super.
Speaker 2: Coast, super as heyo. But when you guys had that going on, like you guys were turning around records hella quick about each other and it was very like it felt like obviously guys were talking shit each other, but it just felt like this is for the sport type shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, of course, Like you know, he's a funny guy. You know, I was just talking about this on a million dollars worth of game, like he's a funny dude, and like, you know, because he's a funny guy and like, you know, it was it was more sporty than anything. You know, me and him and really know each other. I have a real problem, you know. But he he's a competitive guy, you know, and he said some ship and it was just like, you know, that was it was like I got to show this name because he doesn't know, you know, so.
Speaker 2: You got sharped to the other swords for like a month.
Speaker 1: Paul super pause.
Speaker 2: Hey bro, I can't say ship to this guy without a positive.
Speaker 1: That was crazy sharpening each other's But now I was gonna ask you, that's crazy. Yeah, that was that was lyricol. Yeah, obviously, Jesus, that was crazy.
Speaker 2: How excited because because I'm not sure just from a hip hop fans perspective, because you're obviously a hip hop head. What was I mean? Look, the night that you released your album Kendrick Lamar dis is the other two Big Three you dropped. You dropped an album, Big Sean dropped a single, and then there's this Kendrick verse that just takes over the world. What were your initial thoughts when you heard the verse? Is the It's an amazing verse, and I'm I'm not as excited because I don't think Drake's canna reply. I'm really excited to see what Jake Cole says. But what were your thoughts? Just from a fan's perspective.
Speaker 1: This motherfucker like why today? Mother waited till today? This motherfucker waited till today to do this ship? Right? But now I'm actually a fan, like I fuck with Kenjack. I'm a fan of Kenjack.
Speaker 2: Has he ever tapped in? Pause?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are we pausing that? But you and I couldn't hang out too because you would be I'm fucked up over.
Speaker 1: Here as he tapped in. It's crazy, but nah, he I haven't talked to him, but he's He's somebody that I think is fire, you know, And it's like, I know he's aware of me. You know, we have we of course we have a We've worked with a lot of the same people, producers and ship like that. So but yeah, he's fire. Yeah, A fuck with Kendrick When he dropped it, though, I'm definitely like, damn, nigga, why today you do this ship? You know, I didn't really give a fuck about what Big Seawan dropped too much like that. That didn't really bother me.
Speaker 2: There's a fly just floating in front of you. Yeah, I think, uh, it's It's just it was just an interesting time to drop. I was like, damn, because you know, Big Shawn's always talk about he's like the fourth guy in the Big three, and Bro big Sean said that he's I feel like that's always kind of been like an interesting perspective, like you know in the in the blog era rap scene.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what it is a Big Sewan like at that time, like he's has the time, like he's around her. He's made like a lot of big records to Big Shawn's fire, but he's I was saying this on the Breakfast Club. It's like these guys have been in the game for like like Kendrick, Big Sean, Drake, they all came like up Paul at the same time, you know what I'm saying, So like.
Speaker 2: They were all peers. You're kind of like right after I'm.
Speaker 1: Right after them. So that's this is why he feels like he should be included in that conversation, you know, like he could, but he took a lot of time off too. You know, he just stopped you know what I mean, like completely.
Speaker 2: Has there been a concept for a record that because you have some crazy like joints. Bro Like, I feel like, you know, I mean, I heard you talk about it. Sometimes you'll come up with a visual before you even figure out the song, and and and and it's it's like a real piece of art. It's like a standalone piece of art between the music video and the and the record. But has there been a concept that you came up with that you had to scrap because you thought it was a little too controversial?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well not controversial, but just like I've had I've had records that I've had a scrap all the time just because I felt like they just weren't like.
Speaker 2: The people weren't ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people weren't ready or not, they weren't ready, but the record just didn't come out the way that I thought it was gonna come out, right, you know.
Speaker 2: That's fair. There's some point to be self aware. On sticks and stones, you say that you think about quit and rap a lot. I feel like, is this got to be a hard thing to want to leave if you love it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, hmm, you know, me saying that was really just I've been making music for a long time before we knew who you Before you knew who I was, you know. So it's like for y'all, it's like I just got here a couple of years ago. But it's like for me, I've been doing I've been making me so I was like seven eight, right, you know, so spending spent a long time since I've been you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean years. So for you, is there like a because at the end of the day, like with this rap shit, I feel like everyone kind of has like hits a wall like when it comes to like but I'm sure, especially for you, like it's got to be like mentally exhausting because you're so like your ship ain't just like yo, let's go grab a camera and hit the liquor store. The Sticks and Stones video was the most normal video rap video I've ever seen your ship walking through the top Square.
Speaker 1: But I think sometimes because it's a conway, it's necessary. It's like sometimes it's like going above and beyond in OD trying to do too much and trying to like, you know, every video has to be a massive piece. It's like crazy. It's like sometimes I just like I want to chill. Sometimes I want to just walk around and do some simple ship sometimes, you know, It's like I don't and I don't ever want people to like get too comfortable with me always making this like huge music video splash. You know. It's like sometimes I just want to just do ship like that's not that you know for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk to me about obviously you've been in a couple of movies now Bad Boys for the trailer dropped. Did this Is this a direct result of manifestation for you? Because the video, Oh yeah, I got down there azing book by the way, Yeah, for sure, great book. I was gonna say, like, explain to me just how all of that obviously he sees the video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, manifestation for sure, That's that's really what that was. You know, just me like wanting to create a record for somebody who's like that I look up to, you know what I mean. You know, I feel like, just get the respect that he deserved, Like even as on the music tip, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm sure on the music tip, first rapper Grammy.
Speaker 1: First rapper to ever win a Grammy, Like so I just felt like he didn't get the respect. He don't get the respect that he deserves. So it's like, you know, I wanted to make a record where I'm like really just giving him his flowers, you know what I mean? And and me and me and my manager had a bet like when we put it up, how long it was gonna take for him to see it and respond. I said it was gonna take a couple of days. He was like, nah, you're gonna hit it. He's gonna respond and within hours, right, And I'm like, nah, this is my hero. Like so I'm like this nigga ain't about to respond. It took like one hour, two hours. Crazy, I'm saying that nigga chopped on the net like yo Joiner like Yo, this shit crazy. I'm like, oh shit, you go.
Speaker 2: From playing him in the video to be part four of the movie.
Speaker 1: To not just being in the movie, but also like really having you know him as a real life mentor, you know what I'm saying, where he's like an older brother for sure. Like I talked to him a lot, you know, we make be in the studio together, like we like he's somebody. I go to his house like he's he's not, He's just he's a nigga bro.
Speaker 2: Well, he's like also like for as famous as he is, like strangely transparent and vulnerable as a man, you know what I'm saying, which I think is important, all right, sir? What is Has there been any piece of advice that you've been able to kind of apply to your personal life or to your career that he's given you because he's seen it all man like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, one of the biggest advice he gives me, like I say, is when he say not to be afraid of failing, Like, don't be afraid to fail, you know what I mean, And that's that everybody's afraid of failing, you know what I mean. Like, but it's like, you know, a lot of the geniuses and the brave, the people of the Kanye's and a lot of their motherfuckers, like they weren't afraid to fail, you know what I mean, And that's why they're as big as they are. A pause, you know. So I think that's a great, great advice, like, you know. So that's one of the things that he's taught me. But he dropped so much gems on a daily basis that it's like it's just so much.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy that you're you're from Massachusetts, obviously, I don't know how heavy the Boston's like dialect is in Worcester, but you don't have the ca Sta Tom fucking Brady fucking shit going on in your area. Is it like, does the White Trash sound like Ted?
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, my assistant, he sounds just like fucking Ted. Yeah, Marty, Marty sounds just like fucking Ted. He's like the epitome of like Boston. Like he sounds like straight ball like Mark Wahlberg. Yes, sounds just like Mirk Whlberg when he talks.
Speaker 2: That's great. Was it like shots of Mark Wahlberg, by the way, who obviously is a fucking legend. Yo, you got to get him out of rap retirements.
Speaker 1: Another one, bro, Mark Wahlberg, He's not doing that shit. Mike Wahlberg is making movies, making money, He's living his best life. He's not trying to rap. But you know, he definitely is somebody that puts his arm around me, Paul. And you know he lets it be known that he's a huge fan.
Speaker 2: And did he give you any of his Jordan's yet, because he's got those Jays. I think he's got a couple of pairs now, the green ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I haven't really rated his closet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'd be like, yo, fam, I needed like I need a twelve.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm on top of it, bro on top of the pauses for you.
Speaker 1: Pause, on top of it.
Speaker 2: Pause.
Speaker 1: But I've never talked to him about shoes, right. It's really just like, Yo, what movies is popping right now? What you got going on?
Speaker 2: What kind slide?
Speaker 1: Pause? I can't even talk. Yeah, we're getting crazy, We're getting crazy. But but but yeah, So these people have become like, you know, mentors to me, you know what I'm saying. And it's always dope when you grow up watching somebody on TV or listening to somebody's music and then you know they become fans of you. You know, same thing with Marshall, you know what I mean. It's just perfect example of somebody that or Will or Mark or you know whatever, Like these people are actually fans of mine, you know, and it's like it's just it's just a surreal feeling. It's pretty dope.
Speaker 2: You know, you're somebody who I gravitated towards because five o eight was like tied together. It's like a body of work, like a concept album, if you will. And I felt like, you know, in the last decade or so, we've kind of gotten away from like people really just being creative with albums, you know. I think like like College Dropout was like there was a theme dropped that whole album. The Skits tied it all together. Is there anybody who's like creativeness that isn't hip hop that you just kind of like recognize and you're like, yo, I see what you're doing, Like that shit's dope, whether it's a lyrically or visually or obviously someone who's came after you pause, That was.
Speaker 1: A good pause. Hey, yo, somebody where I'm like that, I see what they're doing. Yeah, before me, after me, like yo, J Cole of course, huge fan of J Cole. Yeah, J Cole, Me and him have a really good friendship too. But J Cole's fire.
Speaker 2: What about someone newer, someone that's came after your paused?
Speaker 1: M Yeah, that's good. Millis is doing his thing right now. Sh shout out to my boy Millie. Milli's is f out of Boston where I'm from.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know. I met Millie's in a hotel room at south By Southwest in two thousand and thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I M but I anybody that's coming from where we come from, like cause it's really not it's not a lot, No, it's not a lot. But it's also really you know, you there's not a lot to work with, you know what I mean, Because it's like, you know this, it's not really it's not how you go to New York and it's like a whole bunch of opportunities there, or like Hollywood or Atlanta. You know, it's like there's really not a lot of opportunities where we're at. So it's like we had to create those, you know what I mean. So for him to you know.
Speaker 2: And he really like took the stairs for real, Like he is not a new artist.
Speaker 1: He's not. He's been. He's been. He's been doing his shit for a minute, you know, and he's and he's fired too.
Speaker 2: Shout out to bea who also didn't take the stairs.
Speaker 1: Another one, shout out to bea she didn't take the stairs. And I knew Bea like.
Speaker 2: She was when she was with rel back in the day like twelve.
Speaker 1: Years, like ten to twelve years. I'm known beer, you know, and she's definitely someone that you know, she came from where we come from, you know what I mean and like I know her know heere like seeing to be in the house together type shit. You know what I'm saying. She was getting it was Bea who actually put me on the Instagram. Really she made the Instagram.
Speaker 2: It's like, you need to get this app.
Speaker 1: Bea made Instagram for me.
Speaker 2: But that's like twenty ten.
Speaker 1: It's like it was like twenty ten. Oh no, no, no, no, I don't know. It was twenty thirteen. For it wasn't right when Instagram started. She was telling me I needed to get on Instagram, and I was like anti social media around like twenty thirteen fourteen. I didn't care about it. I didn't want it. I'm like, yo, I'm outside passing CDs out. I'm doing it the dinosaur way. I'm like trying to hit the streets and ship, trying to go to colleges and do it. And she's like, nah, nigga, like social media is like where you need to be at and she put she she had grabbed my She made Instagram. She taught me how to use it. You know, yeah, but shout out to be A.
Speaker 2: I know, I know you got to go into sec. The first four albums that come to mind just your best top four ourms ever. But I'm thinking about it too hard. Just what comes to me now?
Speaker 1: You got to I mean, so that's I mean shift okay, uh get rich of I Try and Marshall, Mother's Uppy, missed Education, Laura Hill and I'm going through like a rolodex my head right now.
Speaker 2: It's grade three maybe a Kanye album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just about to get to that. My beautiful Dark tis the Fantasy.
Speaker 2: That's a solid fucking four right there. Yeah, we'll listen to the album's out right now. Man, it's I think it's the best album of the year, personally saying that. No, I promise you. When I first listened to it, I was like, yo, this this is like because I had Vultures as like my favorite shit of the year because Vultures is fire shout out to so good to see him have a number one song. But I just think cohesively just for like, I think your album's amazing, bro, It's fucking spectacular front to back. Everyone should go check it out. And uh yeah the jelly roll song is crazy and you're working at the radio, which is it's a great record.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So for people, if you ever have dealt with addiction in your life. If you watch that video, you might cry, how do you who's the guy? Who was the guy.
Speaker 1: That's that's Is he a rapper? Everybody that's playing, I heard you say that. Yeah, he's a rapper, but he's somebody that is from the hometown.
Speaker 2: Of course he is. He looks like he's from Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: He's known him for over twenty years.
Speaker 2: He fucking killed it.
Speaker 1: He did it. A phenomenal job. Phenomenal job. And shout out to Mike.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Mike. They need to put him in the town. Part two. Shout out to Mike, my guy, I appreciate you pulling up brother for sure. Joining Lucas Boom