Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports.
Speaker 2: Radio final hour on this Thursday. Patrick Ewings said to join us. Just talked to Isaiah Thomas. It was fun. You start to take a trip down memory lane. Stat of the Day brought to you by Penini America, the official trading cards. So The Dan Patrick Show, NBA Playoffs continue, Spurs Thunder tomorrow night on NBC and Peacock. You can see us on Peacock. That's our streaming partner. Download the app if you haven't done so. Eight seven seven to three. DP Show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show. The Knicks are six and a half point favorites tonight as they were in Game one and the Thunder over the Spurs last night thirty for SGA to tie the series at a game apiece. Keeping an eye out on updates for dearon Fox and Dylan Harper. Not sure their availability on Friday night when the Spurs will be one and a half point favorites as of now. All right, poll question there for the final hour of the program. Deal and then we'll get to Patrick Ewing. Yeah, we got a couple options.
Speaker 3: You want to do it?
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers or another of Tony Wemby question, you can give me Aaron Rodgers all right? Do you actually think this will be Aaron Rodgers last season?
Speaker 3: Yes? Or now?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm gonna take him in his word. I have no reason not to. I mean, I covered a couple of Sugar Ray Leonard's retirements, including his first one in Baltimore, and I think he had five retirements after that. But that's boxers. Boxers don't retire. The phone just stops ringing because we've seen Tyson get back in the ring, of Ander Holyfield get back in the ring, Roberto Durant. I mean, they're all like, do you want to put Manny Pakia, Patrick Ewing the Hall of Famer and now the number one New York Knicks fan. Man, look at you walking around Madison Square Garden. You got your your hat on or whatever that hat and chapeau that you've got. It's like you you own the building. Patrick.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know about owning the building, but I do feel like it's one of my homes. You know, I've been I've had fifteen years, fifteen great years here in New York as an athlete. You know, four also four more as a college as a college athlete. So I've spent a lot of time in the garden.
Speaker 2: Do you get to choose who you sit next to in the front row?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, they've been putting me next to my good friend John Starts, But I might have to move. He's just too fired up. I'm like, I keep telling him, John, you're gonna get us a check. You keep trying to get onto the floor. I'm like, God, calm down, No, But you know what, you know what, Dan, It's it's great being around the guy. You know, the former guys, you know, former teammates, and you know, we all feel like we are part of it because you know, we have bled, bleds, you know, sweat and tears, a lot of the things that they they're going through now. So you know, we're just did to support them. And I think that Leon and West and Macedona have done a great job of making us feel like we are part of it.
Speaker 2: How do you explain what happened in game one at the garden?
Speaker 3: Look, you know, it's never over until it's over. You know a lot of people thought that the game was over some people, and I might have been one of those people. That turned the TV off if I was at home. But I thought that Jalen Brunson did an outstanding job of putting on his Superman cape and being able to score all those points for US. Then we locked down defensively. I thought that the coaching staff made some you know, shine Landry came in and did an outstanding job on the defensive end for US. O g made some some big plays for US. Kat was able to do some things. You know. I just thought that the team as a whole did everything right at the right time to be able to come away with that win.
Speaker 2: What's your most memorable moment in the garden?
Speaker 3: You know what, I've been asked that a lot, and I really don't have one particular. You know, I guess if I was just gonna, you know, put it in as one. You know, when we beat Indiana to finally make it to the to the final. You know, we've been trying to get to the finals for a lot of years and that was my first opportunity to be able to get there. And uh, you know, we struggled the game game six, but we were able to get it done in game seven. You know, I thought that I showed my emotion. You know, my gratitude for the fans, for all the that they had to endure and we had to endure. When I got up on that tape with my arms stretch out, was trying to show them my appreciation.
Speaker 2: When did you stop hating Reggie Miller?
Speaker 3: You know that, you know, tell me sometimes I wonder, you know, do I really still hate him? Do I like him? Now? But no? I mean, you know, we we as athletes, we go through some some ups and some downs, and we had some great some great time battling against those guys, the pacers and us. We were built and you know a lot of in the same way. Reggie was a master. You know, if they if they, if they you know now they talk about flopping all the time. That guy used to flop all the time. But then he also, you know, just call him an actor. He's a great actor. I think he would have gotten an Academy Award for his acting. And he knew how to poll strings, and you know, he knew how to you know, pop certain people's strings. He polled John string a few times, got John to head butt him. But you know, it's all water under the bridge now I see him. I hug him. I showed the respect that I have for his game and also the things that he's doing now. He's his life after basketball, well after playing basketball. He's done an outstanding job of getting into his next career. So all you can do is just admire the work that he does.
Speaker 2: Talking to Patrick Ewing the Hall of Famer, you faced Ralph Samson, I try to remind people that Ralph he Wally's not as good as Win ben Yama is now. But to be that skilled at that height and being on the outside, being able to shoot, being inside as well, playing both ends of the floor. Do you see similarities with Ralph Sampson and Victor Winbanyama?
Speaker 3: Definitely. You know, I've been talking to a lot of people about the same thing. You know, I see Ralph would have been a great player in this era. In our era, you know, people used to get mad at you if you were a big and you don't get into the poles, so you start shooting too many jump shots. And you know, that was Ralph's game. He was a skilled big. He was you know victors height, he's seven four. He wanted to be a perimeter big. But in our era people look down on that, but I thought that he would this era would have embraced him and embraced his abilities, and which is what they're doing with Victor. And Victor is a special young man. Every time I watch him play, I see how special that he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got these unique traits that you know, you don't want your seven foot five guys shooting a three pointer. But in today's game we kind of accept it. Like even with you at Georgetown, I never knew you could shoot that well. And then you get to the NBA and all of a sudden, you're hitting fifteen eighteen footers. I'm like, why didn't coach Thompson unleash this in college?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, like I said, back in those era, they wanted us to be back to the basket dunking it. Even when I first got to New York, they I remember talking to Dicky McGuire and he said the exact same thing. He's like, Patrick, I never knew you could shoot. And Dickie was was, you know, the head scout for for the Knicks for a lot of years. His numbers and the raptors next to mine, I do have to say next to mine.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 3: He just said, you know, I really never thought that you could shoot. I thought all you could do was block shots and dump. Well, I say, you know, Dick, you know, the Big John was like, son, get your butt in the post. Work on those. You know, when you go to the NBA, then you can then you can show them the rest of your game. But you know, I always could shoot. I could I could shoot in high school.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I developed an more all around games as I got older. But I thought that, you know, I showed that that I had the ability to do these things, and you know what, could I do it? In this era? I didn't really shoot many threes or I'm not sure if i'd be profession at as a lot of these guys are. When be uh Yoke you know yr kids and uh and be those guys you know, you know, but if I, if I practiced, practiced it, I probably would be just as proficient as they are.
Speaker 2: I got you with nineteen three pointers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's too many. Back in my era, that's too many.
Speaker 2: When when would you put Joker in a top ten player of all time? Uh? Is he close to being a top ten player of all time?
Speaker 3: You know what Joker is? He's another one that's special. You know his you know, whatever he he lacks in athleticism, he you know, definitely makes up in all the other things that he does. He plays every night, he very rarely gets hurt. He can shoot, he can pass. He's more of a facilitator than than most bigs. We were all the ones that you know we're getting. You know, we had to depend We played a dependent position. He doesn't need UH to play a dependent position. He can bring it, bring it down, he can score, he rebounds, He does all the things that UH and that this era that big need to do. And you know, I'm not gonna sit here and say he is the greatest player of the greatest big of all time, because there was a lot of great bigs. Keem was a great big in my era Colleen before that. So there's a you know, shock you guy to talk about shocking all those guys. But you know, he's definitely special. I would have loved to have tried to impede against him, to see, you know, you know how I would fare against that talented young man. I had the opportunity to meet him this year when we played in Denver. I went up to him and told him that, you know, I love what he's doing, continue to do it, and he's a very special player.
Speaker 2: What do you remember about facing Kareem at the end of his career.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm gonna tell you a story. So we're getting ready and Rick Bettino was our coach at this at this time, and we are getting ready to face the Lakers, and I'm like, you know, Rick was like, no, we're not going to double Kareem. He's getting older. And I'm like, Rick, he may be getting older, but he is still good. So Kareem got heated, he got hot, and I don't care what I did. I could push him to the three point line. He still was rolling that skyhook and I said, Rick, what did I tell you we need to double him? No, you know, Kareem, I'm.
Speaker 2: Looking at the video. He hit six, six consecutive sky hooks over you.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's I mean people talk when they talk about greatest of all time, I mean they never you know, they very very rarely put him in there. And what he did was was special. I mean, you know, he was seven to he had he developed a shot that was virtually unstoppable. I remember when pat Riley came to the next he tried to get me to you know, develop a sky hook. I'm like, coach, that's not my game. Uh. The captain was was special. He developed that. That's his that's his thing. I'm a jump shooter.
Speaker 2: Wait, you didn't want to even try to do the sky hook.
Speaker 3: I just didn't. I just didn't get the feel of the sky hook. I was more of a of a jump hook guy. You know. I used the jump hook, as you know, one of the pieces the pieces to my to my to my game.
Speaker 2: Do celebs come up to you at the garden and want pictures?
Speaker 3: Yes they do. And you know what, I'm like, Like Lenny Kravitz was at the game, the last game, and I'm like, man, I'm a huge Lenny Kravits fan. I'm like, forget you asking me for the picture. I need to take a picture. You know, I've got to send this to all my kids because you know, it's it's funny. I was at a game last year and I brought my kids with me, and you know that the next asked me to take a picture with with a group, one of the one of the K pop groups. So I didn't know who they were. So I took the picture of my kids, Like dad, you know, that's probably the most famous person that you were ever taking a picture with.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what, who?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: I was like I had I hadn't. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: Well in their world k pop, yeah, those are big stars. They don't care about Lenny Kravinz, who's you know in his sixties, or even Tracy Morgan or Spike Lee.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know they do. They do. They have more of a knowledge about all these things than I didn't, you know, and than I do. My I was so tunnel vision as a player. I was just locked in on trying to be the best I could be as a player. I wasn't I didn't care who was in the stand, just as long as it was filled with all of our fans. And you know, one thing I love us before you go down, one thing I love about our fans. I don't care. I'm in Boston and I'm like, oh my god, I never saw New York Knicks fans in Boston. Maybe in LA or what happened in Philadelphia. I could not believe that. I'm like, we we we show up, we show up, and we show out on these road games.
Speaker 2: Did it ever bother you that Spike Lee was a Knicks fan, but he was friends with Michael Jordan during doing those commercials.
Speaker 3: No, you know, I mean Michael and I were friends. We got to meet each other in college before you know, in high school. I should say we've developed the friendship. We stayed friends, still are friends today. But once we get on that floor, as you as you saw, and it wasn't just about the friendship. We're both trying to kick each other's butts. And he lets me know every time I see him or I talk to him, Daddy, I was not able to beat him. He's the you know, we people talk about Larry Bird talking trash. I think he's probably the biggest trash talker that I've ever been around.
Speaker 2: Wait, did Larry talk trash to you?
Speaker 6: Did he ever?
Speaker 3: I mean, if I saw Larry today, he still probably talk trash. You know. I think that's how we got to be friends with the Dream Team. You know, he was talking so much trash. Uh, you know, he talked trash and we played against each other, but back then, so now we were around each other all the time, and he talks about how you know, his team would have always used to kick our butts, and I was more of a power forward than a center. And you know, we just we just got into all these you know, Joe King things, and we called ourselves the Harry and Larry Show. But Larry was a great competitor, a great teammate, and I got the opportunity to become good friends with him doing that during that time.
Speaker 2: But you know that the Dream Team birthed all these great players from around the world. Like you look at the timeline, Patrick, I mean, I think you can you can point right towards the Dream Team dominating everybody. Next thing, you know, you got a player out of Africa, out of Germany, out of you know, you know, the Croatia, I mean, variety of places due to the Dream Team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everywhere. I agree with you, because every other country in the world soccer was the number one sport. I used to want to play soccer when I was growing up in Jamaica. I wanted to be the next PLA moved to America fell in love with this game of basketball, and I thought that, you know, when David Stern decided to let the NBA players play in the Olympics, that that made basketball a global sport. It was loved all over the world, and I think that that was one of the smartest things that he did. So everybody who used to play soccer at that time, football everywhere else except for here. That's when they fell in love with basketball, and you can you saw a huge boom and everyone wanting to play basketball after that.
Speaker 2: Olympics have fun tonight. Behave tell John Starks to keep it down a little bit so you don't get teed up out there. And thank you again.
Speaker 3: Oh my pleasure, my friend. And it's always great to be on your show. I still need to come up there and be in that that man cave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to bring you up here in school you a little bit, you know, maybe take.
Speaker 3: You, take you Hey, look you might be able to now, you might be able to now, haven't I haven't really been shooting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you Patrick. When we were in San Antonio, I think at the Final four, and I had the ball during a commercial break and Patrick came out on me and I'm like, uh oh, and then I did a little hesitation and ended up somehow scoring on him and that was it. I was one and done, just walked off. I have finger raised like I'm Larry Bird. The three point shooting contest. All right, let me take a break. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeart a App.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's Ben, host of The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller. Would mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly auditory journey. You're asking, what in God's name is the Fifth Hour. I'll tell you it's a spin off of it Ben Matherer Show, a cult hit overnights on FSR. Why should you listen? Picture if you will a world will? We chat with captains of industry in media, sports, and more every week explore some amazing facts about human nature and more. Listen to The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: It's always great to talk to former greats of the game, and I never take it for granted. You when you're around Isaiah, Patrick, Ewing, Reggie whoever it might be, you get guys who were in their fifties and sixties and you've been with them almost every step of the way. Certainly Patrick Ewing his freshman year at Georgetown. I remember I went there and they didn't allow the players, certainly freshmen, to do any interviews. And if John Thompson was going to sit down with then you got your interview. And I remember sitting down with Big John, and he was always intimidating, but he wanted to be intimidating. He wanted his teams to be intimidating. And therefore Patrick Ewing was just a mystery. You were like, I don't know who this is. He doesn't do interviews. The way he played, he was so aggressive, he was so defensive minded, and then he gets to the NBA. He's not defensive minded. He's shooting fifteen eighteen foot jumpers. It was like, now that was college NBA. I'm shooting yes, Mark.
Speaker 9: DP Pauly just might be a question for you guys. Can you guys explain to me the Georgetown phenomenon because Patrick Ewhan played the bulk of his career in New York City at the Garden, but he's probably more iconic and more famous for what he did at Georgetown. He had an all time Hall of Fame career in New York.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you know there was something different about Georgetown basketball and they would have those starter jackets and everybody wanted like you were wearing Georgetown gear because and it was for a younger audience because they were like, man, I love the way they play. You know, they had those gray uniforms that were ugly, but you know they they just had this persona, this bravado. When they came on the floor, it felt like they were already up five nothing. And then you know that National title game, Patrick's blocking every shot. I think John Thompson so said go after every shot to start that game against Jordan in North Carolina, and he might have go attended five or six shots in a row. It was we're gonna send a message whenever they put something up, we're gonna go after it. And they played defense. I mean that's I always marvel when you know people talk about today's athlete. You know the superstars back in the seventies, eighties, nineties, you had to play defense. John Thompson got his players to think defense first. Jerry Tarkanian got UNLV to think defense first. Mike Shushev got his teams to think defense first. There's you know, there's a correlation there to winning. John Wooden, it was about defense. Playing defense now it's sort of lost, But back then, even with all these teams and these great players, you were playing defense first, Bob Knight, defense first. Yes, Punk.
Speaker 10: I was twelve years old when Ewing showed up at Georgetown, and he was a household name when he arrived there, basically, and they were the team. They were like the counterculture team.
Speaker 2: They did it differently.
Speaker 10: John Thoms was defiant and didn't take anything from anybody, just like his team didn't on the court, and young people gravitated toward Georgetown. The look, the feel, the tone, the clothes, everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I had great respect for John because John stood up for people causes, you know, prop forty eight, which was a terrible label for students because that meant you weren't smart enough or you know, the perception was, oh, prop forty eight, and it would be you academically, you weren't able, you weren't at the same level as everybody else, and it was unfair. It was like a scarlet letter that you put on these players. But he was tough. He was tough. He's another one of those guys that I wore down eventually and we became friends. It took a long time. It's like Bob Knight, I'll wear you down. I'm playing the long game. And the same thing happened with Coach Knight, you wear him down. I'm still here. I'm not leaving. Yeah, Paul Dan.
Speaker 10: A bunch of years ago, when we were just starting this version of the show, you brought us down to Washington, d C. At the local radio station and Coach John Thompson did a show before your show, our show, and we walked in the room and I looked up at John Thompson at six'. Ten he, goes, hello young, man AND i was, like holy call it him very.
Speaker 2: Cool and it's nice when you get on somebody's level or they allow. You it's like when your kids get on a level where you, Go i'm talking to an adult. Here but you got to prove. Yourself. Man back, then you had to, yourself you. Know coach k Even John. Wooden WHEN i went To Coach wooden's, condominium and this had to be in the early, eighties AND i remember that we were sitting outside doing the interview AND i was. TRYING i wanted to go inside the condo and it was really a modest. Condominium BUT i thought IF i get in. There that means that he is kind of opening up the gates that he knows THAT i know, basketball and, man AM i piling it on With John. Wooden i'm bringing up guys who were eighth or ninth on the. ROSTER i, Mean i'm bringing up all these guys where they went to high school BECAUSE i KNEW ucla. Basketball we get towards the, end my cameraman, says, Hey i'm pack up and, go And Coach wooden, said do you want a? SANDWICH i, said of, Course and it was a. PIMENTUM i don't like pimento, cheese BUT i didn't. CARE i would eat in five of. Them so we go, inside we sit. Down he serves me up a glass of milk and pimento, cheese And i'm In John wooden's condominum and he, goes do you want to see some of my scrap? Books, Like i'm going you gotta be, Kidding So i'm trying to be Like i'd love to shows me scrap, books photos of his Wife nell and photos of him when he, played and So i'm. Looking he gives, me you, know the pyramid of, success and he writes a note on. It, Well the only problem is they didn't Have uber back. THEN i don't have a. Car i'd come over with my, cameraman BUT i didn't want to pass up on, this SO i it took me probably three hours to get back that it would have taken me thirty minutes BECAUSE i had to walk most of the way And i'm hitchhiking back. Then but it was so worth. It THE i got The pyramid of success piece of paper in my hand As i'm walking. DOWN i didn't know WHERE i was And i'm hitch, hiking but it was worth every moment of it to be able to get inside the. Condominium, Yeah, pully.
Speaker 10: That's the greatest walk of all. Time you're probably sitting there having an out of body. MOMENT i was just In John winn's apartment and you're probably just soaking it.
Speaker 3: In.
Speaker 2: YEAH i, mean you still think back on those kind of, moments And i've been very fortunate BECAUSE i got the opportunity to be around these people in different, moments throughout different stages of their. Careers kent In, Indiana good, Morning, kent what's on your? Mind good Morning?
Speaker 7: Dan Dan ed's five nine and old one. Five listen until you talk To, Patrick ewing reminded me and a jogging my memory of one of the great latest lines of a sports REPORT i ever, heard AND i still remember, it AND i think.
Speaker 11: You delivered the, line But i'm not.
Speaker 12: Sure he showed a clip Of patrick going.
Speaker 7: Around Rick smith's and you, said And Patrick ewing abused.
Speaker 2: The used the duo dutch boy in the. Pink, yeah because it, was you, know The dutch boy in the paint and so, Yeah, kent thank.
Speaker 13: You you're proud of that, one aren't. YOU i don't know IF i am proud of that. One that's a nice, duff the Dunking. Dutchman rick Schmidts Uh andrew And. MICHIGAN, I, andrew.
Speaker 5: This message has been transcribed one moment WHILE i notify the Caller.
Speaker 2: Andrew, Bye? Andrew what was what was? That chad In? Florida Hey? Chad what's on your? Mind?
Speaker 11: Hey how's?
Speaker 5: Going Dan Trullion honor on the on the?
Speaker 14: Radio hey real, Quick harsside and Holding wemby and clutching him allowed and not Allowing wemby to close out or.
Speaker 5: Elevate it's like holding.
Speaker 14: A two hundred and forty pounds dumbbell on your hand and becoming an AVERAGE NFL i, mean, SORRY nba. Center and also About Aaron, rodgers, Like i'm tired of seeing that angry, scowl bitter from on my television.
Speaker 5: SCREEN i, mean it's.
Speaker 2: Just a bad look for THE.
Speaker 5: Nfl i'd rather.
Speaker 14: See somebody like just, energetic excited and just a joyful to play the game and just it's just.
Speaker 5: Competitive you.
Speaker 2: Know he's just different. Though aaron is not that, happy go, lucky big smile. Guy just Not And i've been around him for a long. Time he's just not that. Way So i'm not sitting, there go, hey be, happy have. Fun how about a smile or?
Speaker 15: Two, Yes, tod he does have his moments when he smirks or winks at a receiver or back to the coach when they got away with something or a certain play was drawn.
Speaker 6: Up so he's not completely frowning or angry or. MISERABLE i think he's still having fun with.
Speaker 2: IT i don't know If Tom brady was having fun like there most of the moments see pretty, intense, Yes, mark.
Speaker 9: If Aaron rodgers had Five Super, bowls we would have, said, man he's just always cool under pressure no matter. What but because people don't like.
Speaker 6: Him, oh he's always.
Speaker 2: Sulking luke And. Columbus, Hi, luke what's on your?
Speaker 5: Mind good, morning, guys five, NINE a hard one seventy. Seven, Yesterday, dan you gave a great rundown of the different murals you guys have in the man cave there and how they're about matchups that we will never, see one Being lebron Versus. Jordan i'm curious now if you think That lebron is into, golf if we'd ever Get netflix or something like that to put together kind of like the match did with, quarterbacks and we could See lebron Versus jordan's in.
Speaker 2: Golf lebron would take years to get to Where mike. Is mike plays thirty six a. Day that ain't. Happening mike would love If lebron wanted to challenge him to. GOLF i would Have Steph curry go Against Michael. Jordan then we would have something interesting Because Steph CURRY i think could play on like A Dp World, tour Corn ferry something like. THAT i think he's that. Talented, Yes, PAULIN i think you should produce up this.
Speaker 10: Show you Get Steph curry And Michael miked, Up get TWO nfl greats miked up or other?
Speaker 2: Sports you got something, Here Barkley barkley Versus Tom, Brady Michael. Phelps he loves the. Golf, yeah but you got to get handicaps that are very. Similar you, know you can't get it too crazy.
Speaker 4: There, Yes, DYLAN i actually saw a video the other, DAY i think it was on TikTok Of bronnie swinging the golf club AND i was, like he is light years ahead of his. Dad so the basketball, thing he's probably not going to catch up to his, dad but he's not his number in.
Speaker 2: Golf, Yeah i'm good at guess that he'll never get close to his. Dad, Yeah i'm curious what happens When lebron. Retires what happens to Bron oh? Boy, Yeah see that to me is the interesting part of that that you, know you're kind of on. Scholarship although he did have, moments BUT i think he's playing like somebody who was. Drafted when he was, DRAFTED i think he's you, know he's a capable, player not a great, player not a, starter but you, know every time he, walked it's on the. Floor he's being compared to his. Dad so you're always going to lose that. Battle, Yes, mark he'll.
Speaker 1: Be on The.
Speaker 9: Lakers the question is will he be on The Los Angeles lakers or The South Bay.
Speaker 2: Lakers, wow well that's a shot, There. Marv would you say it to his? Face?
Speaker 6: No, No, NO i like behind people's. Back, now.
Speaker 2: You like stabbing people in the? Back far. BETTER i always say that To. Todd, hey you know when he says something about an athlete and you, Go, okay what happens when they call? In he, goes, Oh i'll be nice to. HIM i, go, Okay, YEAH.
Speaker 6: I got a lot Of bravada. Before and then Once i'm dever, There, hey what's going, on?
Speaker 2: Buddy Well Philip? Rivers When philip bri you used to Bash Philip? Rivers and THEN i, go what happens When Philip rivers calls? In and then we had him on when he, played.
Speaker 6: AND i changed a little. BIT i changed Which.
Speaker 2: PHIL i really enjoyed you with the, charters AND i think what you're doing is.
Speaker 15: Incredible aren't you the guy that's the bronco for that always rips?
Speaker 6: Me not a't somebody? ELSE i know what you're talking.
Speaker 2: About all, right let's take a. Break last call for phone, Calls what we, Learned what's in Store?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen. Live last call for phone, Calls what we? Learn what's in Store? Tomorrow on A Meet. Friday final results to the poll, Question, dylan can you offer up those?
Speaker 2: Results?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Dan do you actually think this Is Aaron rodgers last? SEASON i might be in the minority here because eighty one or eighty nine percent say yes it.
Speaker 2: Is, YEAH i think it. Is i'll take him at his.
Speaker 3: Word.
Speaker 4: YEAH i mean if you're if you're A steeler, fan, though what would be your? Preference BECAUSE i think.
Speaker 2: Okay, well let me ask. You you're A ravens. Fan are you Hoping rogers retires or comes back for another season after this? One as A ravens, Fan i'd want him.
Speaker 3: To come, back?
Speaker 4: Okay as opposed to them basically essentially tanking this year With Drew holler And Will howard or platoon them or, whatever getting a higher draft, pick getting a real quarterback next.
Speaker 2: Year terry In, Seattle, Hi, terry what do you have for me?
Speaker 14: Today, hey good, Morning.
Speaker 11: Dan your conversation With ewing reminded me of another player from that era THAT i know you watched a lot who would still clutch the bigger the, moment the better he's. Got but he was a nine time defensive player on The All Defensive. Team And i'm talking about the great LATE, CJ CJ, Dj Dennis johnson ALL.
Speaker 2: Dj, Yeah and you know he got To boston And bird called him his favorite teammate Because Dennis johnson did whatever it took to just. Win AND i remember when he first came into the. League he was a great. JUMPER i think his brother was even, greater like a high. Jumper BUT i REMEMBER dj was a really good, player and then they ended up getting him On boston and just solidified that backcourt With Danny. Ainge mark In South, Carolina Hey, mark good.
Speaker 5: Morning good, Morning.
Speaker 3: Dent fourth, time long.
Speaker 16: Time you guys have documented for over the years how Cheap fritzy. Is And i'm a season ticket holder to both The Carolina panthers and The Atlanta, falcons And i'm willing to offer tickets To.
Speaker 2: FRITZY i don't.
Speaker 5: Know how many he would need if there's if one or two. CONDITIONS.
Speaker 2: A i could go with.
Speaker 16: Them if that's not an, option that's, Fine but THEN b would be if you could give me a.
Speaker 5: Shout Out limerick on the Following.
Speaker 16: Monday BUT i got four tickets to The panthers That i'd be offering up To, god so you wouldn't have to pay because he's apparently super, cheap, Right.
Speaker 15: God i'm not as cheap as though you guys have made out to be number, one number. TWO i was considering going to that game because my daughter goes to school In North carolina AND i was going to make a weekend out of it to visit her and then go To charlotte for The Broncos panthers. Game that's a very generous. Offer and, uh if ALL i need to do is A limerick to take my wife AND i to A bronco, panthegon that's something we can.
Speaker 2: Explore, well why didn't you just go With? Mark we can do that.
Speaker 6: Too he's welcome to join.
Speaker 15: Us my wife will be with, me and he could hang out with, us as of course we would hang out. Together he's not four, Tickets, yeah so we could double. DATE i don't know who's who's with him or a. Friend but the four of us can go to the, game all, Right.
Speaker 2: Mark, fritty does your wife have a, Sister?
Speaker 6: Fritzie she does, not, unfortunately BUT i would have been happy to try. To she's an only.
Speaker 2: Child does she have a?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 2: Uh is the deal contingent on DoD bringing a girl for? You?
Speaker 5: Mark, no maybe we can get somebody the audience that wants to go as.
Speaker 2: Well, well you know, What i'll Have tyler take down your, Information, mark and then Maybe fritzie can reach out its very though. Time maybe you can get a. Girl? Uh nick In? Texas?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: Nick what's on your? Mind matchmaking FOR.
Speaker 17: I think he's been bullied around and pushed around and Held maybe he should work For since he's worked With garnet And, crawford he needs to start working with karm And Tim duncan and work on the bank shot and the.
Speaker 2: Skyhook, well he's been working With Tim duncan And David. ROBINSON i, mean let's let him work on so many, things you, know not everything all at. Once he's not going to get the sky hook and the bank. Shot plus he's working on his ball handling, skills and then he's working With Kevin. Garnett and let's give him. Credit he's twenty two years of age that he's willing to be doing this in his off, days off. Months nick in The Ozarks, Hi.
Speaker 12: Nick Hey, dan a long. Time congratulations on your daughter getting. Married i'm just going to say you're a professional, speaker one of the. BEST i don't think you need a. Speech just stand up, there tell it from the, heart and if the tears, flow they.
Speaker 3: Flow.
Speaker 12: Then the other thing was bought a new Rec tech eight pork buts four racks. Ribs excellent.
Speaker 2: Smoker that thing is built like a, tank isn't, It, Nick.
Speaker 3: Yes it.
Speaker 12: Is it was very.
Speaker 2: Surprising all, Right, well thank you for taking my. Recommendation MAYBE i just take questions from the audience When i'm up there doing a, speech you, know maybe we make it interactive that, way you, know MAYBE i get like an appearance feed from my daughter showing up for a meet and greet and signing some autographs and taking some. Pictures anybody Have cleveland Tonight we have The gambling podcast coming up after the. Show Shan irving And Dylan Picture Day ray is going to be there And dylan famously had the money line of The cavaliers against The, knicks and, man oh, man you had to feel. Good you'll never guess What i'm doing.
Speaker 3: Tonight then.
Speaker 1: The same.
Speaker 2: THING i want to pay. Back you're taking the money line with The cavaliers, AGAIN i, am and this is why you normally lose it, gambling, right, yeah but it's not my. Fault it Was mario's uncle's fault this time or well last. Game, oh because he signed off on, boy you got this, one he mushed.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait it's called.
Speaker 4: Mush, yeah it's like the being like the.
Speaker 2: Cooler oh, okay, yeah, Yes.
Speaker 15: Todd don't you guys think it's a wake up call that they went down twenty two and it required them to make that wild, comeback that they're not gonna let it get to that point and they're gonna go all out and make sure it's not particularly close and they take the two o lead To.
Speaker 2: Cleveland, okay, well then why don't you Bet? Dylan oh so you got The calves to?
Speaker 14: Win?
Speaker 6: Alright, yeah straight, Up, okay let's do. THAT i don't, know we'll figure out what the win, is but what the winner.
Speaker 15: Gets BUT i think The knicks will go up two oh AND i think they got woken up by The Reggie moos, said, like if they take the cabs for, granted they're gonna run into a. Problem so twenty two point. Lead who definitely woke up The KNICKS i think for this game?
Speaker 2: Time, wow and they woke up you? Too book me? Up, yeah, yeah, yes we'll. Win, no we.
Speaker 9: Can't The knicks can't. Win New York city cannot handle The knicks being up two to oh in the conference. Finals do you Think Seventh avenue can handle? That, uh there will be a lot of topless dudes.
Speaker 2: Tonight, oh Seventh, avenue here we. Go what was? It dylan gave us a Sixth avenue freeze out the Seventh avenue topless tarps? Off, Yes, Paul why.
Speaker 10: Did the wrong people always take their shirts?
Speaker 2: OFF i know the right. People, yeah you're you're right about. THAT i take my shirt off a. Lot my point exactly. Exactly you And mario taking your shirts? Off that is not. Good, Dodd DID i learn anything on today's award nominated?
Speaker 15: Program we all, Did isaiah says when he played today's ball, down THE nba players were simply called the hogs that didn't want to.
Speaker 2: Pass, thanks for the phone, calls, emails, tweets the all around. Support it's a Meet friday Tomorrow dylan will do the. Honors thanks for joining, us our pleasure to serve, you For, Fritzie, Dylan, Marve paul yours. Truly we'll talk to you tomorrow