Speaker 1: Welcome back to Bachelor Happy Hours, Golden Hour. Thanks for joining us another week. We're so excited to be back. How are you doing today, Susan?
Speaker 2: Much better? All the antibiotics are done. I'm freezing here, but it's a good day.
Speaker 3: You know, Susan and I were both sick.
Speaker 1: I was sick for literally over a month, and we both single handedly kept pharmaceutical companies in business. And I personally just want to thank the creators of z Pax personally thank them and steroids.
Speaker 2: I went on steroids till.
Speaker 3: It has been.
Speaker 1: It has been a brutal, brutal winner for sickness.
Speaker 2: But better now we have positive things coming up. First of all, I hope you guys that are listening have checked out some of our latest episodes. We've been having a lot of fun in this new year, answering your question and chatting with all your Bachelor Nation fans.
Speaker 1: And you know what, don't you think now that it's a new year, and you know we're well into the new year. Now people aren't drinking because you know, dry January, genuine and you know, fabulous fair February whatever they do in February, so they have time to listen to us, right, but.
Speaker 2: How about our special guests today? You want to introduce here, Kathy.
Speaker 1: They're definitely going to be listening to this one. We have one of the heart throbs of Jones season on the Golden Bachelorette. Please help us welcome Jonathan.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jonathan, how are you?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: How are you? My gosh? Heartthrow are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: You're looking good? Jonathan?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I'm doing pretty good.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Holidays and everything went well.
Speaker 4: Everything went well, like no snow on the ground here in the Midwest, so just nice.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, So wait you are in. Tell me where you are now and where you live and where you're from. You know, I'm writing a book here.
Speaker 5: I need the details, all right, So you want the details? Okay.
Speaker 4: So I'm originally from Kansas City, Missouri, so that's kind of neighborhood to which tak Kansas where.
Speaker 2: Chalk is from Chalk is, Yeah, And.
Speaker 4: I relocated up here to Omaha, Nebraska, where I work currently.
Speaker 2: Is that why you relocate it? Because of work?
Speaker 4: I relocated? Well, well, so we're going back Kansas City. I moved up here in Omaha back in eighty nine to like spread my wings as a youngster, and so my mom had relocated up here a few years after I had graduated high school, and so I kind of was helping her out with her move and all that other stuff. Next thing, you know, life happens, and I ended up in Omaha, and so I work in Omaha, Nebraska, and I'm currently living in Oakland, Iowa, which is about a forty minute commute east of Omaha.
Speaker 5: Do you like it up there in Oakland? Yeah, I mean I like it.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a small community of about maybe fifteen hundred people, so it's a small, quiet area.
Speaker 3: Not very diverse though, But say you're not a big city guy.
Speaker 5: No, I am a big city guy. I'm from Kansas City, Missouri.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm asking.
Speaker 4: I'm saying you, well, yeah, you know what I mean. The only reason I'm in Oakland, Iowa is my kids are there. You know. You know, my my daughter is going to be a senior in high school next year, and then my son will be a freshman in high school next year. So I'm there for at least another five years.
Speaker 1: Your kids are young, how is that racing teenagers?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Everything, everything is good, I mean, my you know, when I hear about people having trouble with teenagers, is I don't understand because both of my kids are A plus students. They're doing well in athletics and all their scholastics and their friendships and so it's all good.
Speaker 1: So so you know, I was an educational consultant for thirty five years. Oh okay, so you can call me when it comes time for college.
Speaker 5: Okay, perfect.
Speaker 4: I would love to do that, you know, because you know, being a you know, being in Oakland, Iowa, and being a single dad, and some times, you know, I may have some issues the questions that you know, i'd need your advice.
Speaker 2: What any of us we were all moms?
Speaker 5: What year?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, how old is your oldest child?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Age?
Speaker 1: School?
Speaker 4: Okay, my daughter is sixteen and so she's a junior in high school. Now big time.
Speaker 3: You're already in the college thing now then? Or should be?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're pretty close. She's already actually starting to look at prospects for colleges for volleyball. She's a really good volleyball player. And I don't think I need this.
Speaker 1: Is she being is she being recruited?
Speaker 3: Is she being recruited.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, she's been recruited.
Speaker 4: I think she did a summer camp about a year or two years ago at the University of Iowa. That's where her mother is an alumni. And uh so she's a big Hawkeye fan. So she went to this Hawkeye summer camp and she actually got approached by the head coach of Iowa.
Speaker 1: Well, offline, feel free, Jonathan to reach out to me. I'd be happy to, you know, share my welcome.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're talking about your daughters. I've got some juicy questions though. I hear that maybe you're in a relationship. Is this true?
Speaker 5: Oh? Did you hear that?
Speaker 1: What I want to know is is this a new relationship?
Speaker 3: Did you know this person before?
Speaker 1: Maybe had you met her at a previous time in your life?
Speaker 3: You know what the scoop?
Speaker 4: Okay, the scoop is Okay, so we're Gosh, on the seventeenth, it'll be six months. So wow, So here's here's the scoop.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: I love a man that knows the little anniversary.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you know, I'm close.
Speaker 1: And may I say, since everything on the internet is true, she's beautiful, but carry out.
Speaker 5: We want the d well, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that she definitely stole my heart, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: So so here's the scoop.
Speaker 4: So, so you know, Joan didn't didn't keep me along for the hometown visits, and so I came back to Iowa with my tail between my legs, so to speak. And you know, I started this whole journey looking for love, you know, And so when I came back, you know, I was a little dejected, and so I kind of I eventually went back online and I was just like swiping and looking and and then I came across Michelle's pictures and she eventually contacted me. We connected and uh, yeah, it's it's it's been a beautiful pigure.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful, all right. Which which site were you on?
Speaker 5: Let's just say I was stung by a bee a Bumble.
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 1: The founder of Bumble is a woman and she lives in Austin, Texas. Her husband started and I want to say, I'm not sure which one, maybe Hinge and she was like, why shouldn't women get a post?
Speaker 3: And so she started Bumble.
Speaker 2: That is true every time I was ever on Bumble, and as well, Hinge. Everybody's from New York. There was nobody local. Is she local?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: She you know, yeah, I mean you you two were in Saucelito not too long ago, right she uh, yeah, so she's from sauce Alito.
Speaker 2: That's right. I got the message from the Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what happened.
Speaker 4: What what happened is then when I when I was on bumble and I saw our picture, I think something about her location or whatever. I think she was in the Midwest. And so that's how I connected with her. And then she discovered that I wasn't from Oakland, California, but I was in Oakland, Iowa. Yeah, and so she was originally born in Ames, Iowa. And so so that's how we kind of connected. I was like, there's that small possibility.
Speaker 3: Is one of you moving to the others neighborhood.
Speaker 5: You're moving fast, aren't you anywhere?
Speaker 2: Your kids girls and son? Did they?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 4: I got this five year six year window, like when my son graduates and both my kids are kind of off doing their thing. It's like I got this. You know this, uh, this the this chapter to turn and you know what I love. I'm loving California, but man, it's expensive.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, it is being you're happy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, thank you. I really appreciate that. I truly am happy. I mean, she's a she's a wonderful woman. She has a wonderful spirit. She has a playfulness that that I think we both connect on and we just have fun with each other.
Speaker 5: And that's why I think that's what I love about it.
Speaker 3: Since I'm sitting here speechless, because I.
Speaker 2: Was going to ask him, would you go to Paradise? I guess you're out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was going to ask if you would go to a Bachelor Golden Bachelor in Paradise if they had one, You're out.
Speaker 5: They I would go to Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 1: You can't bring her, You can't bring the show?
Speaker 5: Why no, No, I didn't say why I said.
Speaker 4: I said, I, you know, if they had me on a as a cameo to like, you know, give the guy some advice on whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well okay, so I haven't.
Speaker 1: I'm really serious and very happy that you're happy. It's with you know, everyone who finds love. I'm rooting for that. Oh yeah yeah, But I just want to get back to Jones show for a minute. Your dancing skills at the at the uh strip you call whatever you want, like the fundraiser, Yeah, the fund raiser.
Speaker 3: Are you telling me?
Speaker 1: Are you you didn't like you previous experience, Jonathan? Do you want to do you want to fess up on that? Come on, you had to have been a dancer.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, like professionally.
Speaker 2: No, you just can dance. You got lose.
Speaker 5: I can dance. You give me, you give me a beat.
Speaker 4: My body, my body just does things that goes to the beat, and.
Speaker 2: So look good. You had the world watching.
Speaker 5: Oh well, thank you, thank you. Yeah you know I did. I did say.
Speaker 4: I did say on the man tell all that I did audition once for a mail strip, ben you. Yes, yes, it was almost like the flash dance thing. I walked in with this long Australian writing coat, my high black boots up to my knees, my boom box, and I played like Prance or something like that.
Speaker 5: But I didn't do it. So that was you.
Speaker 3: You were a real shy guy growing up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, you know, actually I was.
Speaker 4: I mean I grew up in a small basically all small Catholic schools growing up, and I was the only student of color up until, like I think my junior year or whatever, And so I had this big afro, I had these big thick glasses. I wore corduroy bill bottom pants.
Speaker 2: That was the style.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, so I was.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say I was a nerd, but you know what, I kind of felt a little bit out of place, you know, being amongst you know. So, yeah, I was kind of shy, but I got along well with everybody.
Speaker 2: Did you feel out of place at all when you got to the mansion with all the men?
Speaker 5: Oh no, not really.
Speaker 4: I mean the only thing, the only thing that I felt maybe out of place with the men is like, you know what, you know, what is this? What has this guy done for a living? What is he retired? Does he own a business? Does he on a restaurant? Does he own a yacht?
Speaker 3: Is that the male competitive deal?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Am I measure up? Is that what?
Speaker 2: That's all?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think so?
Speaker 4: But you know what also too, I mean growing up as kid, I had like I had low self esteem issues, and so you know there's always that a certain sense of uh, evaluating my inner work with someone else's outward network.
Speaker 3: You know, I just I just I get that that is so smart?
Speaker 1: What you just said, but it's also interesting as I you know, I don't know you. I've just getting to know you now. But what's interesting is you project you're a very handsome man. You know that you're you're you seem to be a very kind man, and you project this confidence. And it's just a reminder to everyone that we all have a history, right, we all have the fact that you said that you know you you were not confident. That it's just interesting to me. I'm just it's just I'm just commenting that, uh, you wouldn't. I would never think that about you based on the man you are today are now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh well, thank you.
Speaker 4: I would just I would just say it's just years of experience of growing into it.
Speaker 5: I guess, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we want to get to know you even more. Wow, and.
Speaker 3: The fans, so.
Speaker 1: We you're going to help us also give a little bit of advice to some folks in Bachelor Nation. But I first want to ask you, and we've asked many of the Golden Men this question.
Speaker 3: Okay, what does it mean to you? And Jonathan? How old are you? Sixty two?
Speaker 5: Sixty sixty two?
Speaker 1: Yes, sixty two, Okay, so I'm not sixty two I'm seventy one and Susan sixty seven. What does it mean to you to be in your golden years?
Speaker 4: Gosh, you know what, For me, it's like I really you know, for me, I think that's just the title. I mean, I don't feel like I'm golden, you know. I feel I feel like my spirit is so youthful. From inside of myself, I'm grateful that I'm that my physical body is healthy, and I still want to be active. I still want to lift weights, I still want to like do cardio. But from the inner spirit, I mean, I would actually say that the way I feel inside, I would say I probably feel like I'm in my early forties is the way I feel.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you I feel so since and I talk about this a lot. We feel the same way. You know, I can't date guys my own age. They don't have enough energy.
Speaker 2: The attitude about energy and energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: But don't you feel like at the stage in your sixties you've been through so much and you're more knowledgeable and you know what to sweat out, what not to sweat out, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Not to It's kind of one of those things that's like you know, I look at my life in retrospect, like, you know, if I would have known what I know is nothing, I probably would have made some changes. It's like, you know, especially okay, So for me, like in the golden years, the one thing I can probably relate to is that, you know what, there's a lot of like financial knowledge that I have required later in my life. But I wish I would have known younger in my.
Speaker 3: Life, like what give me? Tell me?
Speaker 1: What give me what?
Speaker 4: I didn't have that family structure, So like what if I had a family or a father, which I grew up without a father or a father that was like, you know, said, hey, you know what, son, is very important that you save early and teach me the principle of compound, of compounding, and because right now it's like, you know what if I would have saved like at sixteen years old or seventeen years old, even whether I was working at you know, a fast food restaurant or whatever, just want to yeah, yeah, just making a small little contribution over these years and multiplying with the compound, I'd be in a way better off shape than I am.
Speaker 5: Round.
Speaker 3: Are you teaching your children, are you teaching your children.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I actually have learned those principles through work here, and I'm like, you know what, it's important for me as a father, since I didn't get that from a father, to pass that on to my children, even though that they're young. At least the seeds plant. They may forget about it for now, but at least that'll be my responsibility that when they are starting to work to kind of red to reiterate that principle to them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish that. You know, I was in education for a lot of years.
Speaker 1: I wish that that was required teaching kids need to learn the principles of money and just learn investing to check.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know what I and I think I think in our school district at Riverside UH in Oakland, I think they are that's part of the curriculum, you know, so.
Speaker 2: Well, they're they're getting wiser as well. So let me ask you. You said your holidays were good. Is there anything I don't know if you're a New Year's resolution guy, or anything you want to be more aware of or something you would like to accomplish in this twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: Gosh, you know what I mean, there's there's there's new goals and objectives I think that are that are starting to come to fruition in my mind. And but I think as far as like the New Year's resolution that I post on my Instagram was that it came to me is that I want to invest in people that are going to invest in me. It's like you know what relationships, friendships. You know, over the past years we talked about experiences that is that people say they're going to do something and I count on it, I rely on it, and then it doesn't happen. That's and uh, I have confidence in myself and what I can do. If I don't know how to do something, I'm believing me. I'm gonna learn how to do it. But you're gonna have my You're gonna have one hundred percent Jonathan, You're gonna have my loyalty, You're gonna have my commitment. And so as I'm sixty two, I want to be with people or get involved with people that are going to invest in me because you know what, they're going to get that investment back, you know.
Speaker 1: So what do you do for a living? I'm curious.
Speaker 4: I work for a company that's basically in a data analytics and consulting business, and so and so I work in the what we call our document services support, uh, kind of a logistics you know. We do a lot of shipping on materials, curriculating things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, So I wanted Susan to ask this question, but she's not going to. So I'm going to ask it because Susan is divorced and I'm not. But I'm very curious about this answer. Okay, So you did open up about your divorce on the show. What was it like navigating that while also being a parent and and you know, finding love again. What advice do you have for parents on how to navigate a life transition like that? Because my parents were divorced when I was six, but my husband passed away. But I'm very curious you're answering.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, Yeah, that's a very good question. Thank you for asking that because it helps validate or gives closure too. From the very beginning when I thought about being on the show, that was one of my main concerns. Was I know that's going to come up, and how am I going to address it? You know, had I had to be very mindful and consider it of the divorce, of my marriage, of my ex wife, and of my children if they happened to see the show, or some of their kids or parents see the show. So I had to be careful about how I got that out and and I wanted to do it in a way that was going to be anyone enough that people could understand what happened without going into any other nasty details. It really wasn't It really wasn't a nasty divorce other than it just caught me blindsided, right, And there were some questions that, you know, I read some comments and said, well, how could be blindsided? Sure you could have seen it coming, but you know what, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't don't always coming right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's like, you know, I I tried to look at it from different angles, but it's like, you know what, Yeah, I was blindsided. And so I had to be very careful and mindful about that how I how I would tell Joan that and just to let you know, when I when I said that that part of my life about the divorce with Joan, I wanted her to kind of get the gist of what it was about, but for her to see how it affected me because you know, just even talking to it about it now just kind of makes me a little emotional.
Speaker 3: But I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to upset you. No, no, no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not upset at all, but leave me. I am one hundred percent heeled, just like you know what, but just like you know when you talk about things and things happen and I and I was committed to the show that to be vulnerable and let those things come out as they happen.
Speaker 2: Do you think the show helped you be who you are right now?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, you know, because the fact that I got selected for the show is like just it's amazing.
Speaker 5: It's a blessing. It's a blessing, and so I believe things happen for a reason.
Speaker 4: And to think that I got picked out of the thousands of men in just my vicinity and there's think about the whole country, is such a privilege and such a blessing that that there has to be something on a very spiritual.
Speaker 5: Message or.
Speaker 2: Purpose that I was and sharing telling other men, as we tell women, don't ever give up. There's so many opportunities still.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what they're going to be, but absolutely Yeah, it took me.
Speaker 4: It took me a while to get over my divorce, and it took me a while to go out on some dates, and it took me a while to But.
Speaker 3: Look where you are now. I always say look forward. I try, as I've said. You know, I've had some horrible things in my life. You have Jonathan, so is Susan.
Speaker 1: We all have.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: You don't get to the age that we are without having some incredible triumphs and some incredible failures and sadness in our lives. It's just that's what it is. But I prefer and it sounds like you do, and I know Susan does, and maybe it's our age. We focus on the positive things. We take the lessons from the hardships, but we focus on the good.
Speaker 2: You don't forget them, but you learn from things. And yeah, it's all about being happy right now. Yeah, and sharing a smile and kindness.
Speaker 1: Well, Jonathan tell us to make sure his kids get their homework done, so you know he's got that all right. Since you seem Jonathan to be that's a wise not a wise guy, but a wise man.
Speaker 5: At the philadelphia'll show you was a wise guy.
Speaker 3: Look at him. Going from Boston. We'll talk about Boston. We'll go to some patties, get.
Speaker 5: Some I want to get some clum chowder in Boston.
Speaker 2: I want Kathy, you skipped over the line there.
Speaker 3: Did you see it? What I think?
Speaker 2: Katy?
Speaker 1: And I am like, what, totally I saw it? Totally skipped. One of the questions Jonathan was who do you think would be a good match for us?
Speaker 3: You know, who would you match me up with? Who would you match Susan up?
Speaker 1: But since most of y'all, as we say in Texas, are already taken, we just thought we'd skip on past that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah okay, yeah, yeah, yeah. A lot of guys are like fell into relationships.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, it's all right, they're all you know that.
Speaker 1: That speaks well of you guys.
Speaker 2: We were saying earlier that women are on social media, on Instagram, on everything, and they're not shy anymore. They reach out to you guys, and men are not. The men don't even know how to get on.
Speaker 1: And they're not on it and they're shy. Okay, but we're gonna move on with advice because that's where we are. So Michael, you just we're gonna Rea. I'm gonna read a question. You're just gonna tell us what you think, and we're gonna we're gonna make Michael's get some advice. Okay, Michael asked, Hi, Kathy and Susan. My sister loves your podcast. I hear her listening to it all the time. You guys give really good advice. So I thought i'd reach out to see if you can help me. I really like this girl that is in the sorority. My frat always mixes with I'm not the best with girls, so I have no idea how to approach her. We've only met in passing a few times, so I don't know how to approach her. What do you think I should do? I want to ask her on a date, but I don't want to freak her out. What says you, Jonathan, how does he get this? How does he lock down the steel?
Speaker 5: Okay? So this is my advice. This is something that I wish I would have been able to do as a young man.
Speaker 4: Okay, because I get I get very I don't want to say envious of jealous of guys who are like assertive and you know they just if they see a woman that they like you, just so my advice. Okay, so I'm getting to the point. My advice is for this young man is just be take a take a take a big deep breath, know what he wants to ask, and then just find that right moment and then just say can I can I talk with you for a second, and and then ask her out.
Speaker 5: That's that's what I would suggest.
Speaker 2: The worst that could happen is she says no, I don't think there's going to be a freak out. Yeah, that is insecurity, I think absolutely feeling like she's going to freak out. Just say hey, I was thinking would you like to get together? Sometimes like real not you lot.
Speaker 1: You know, Michael, I will say to you. My advice is very similar to Jonathan's and Susan's. The fact is, you know, take good risks in your life. Asking this girl out is a good risk. What is the worst that can happen? The answer could be no, you move on. A bad risk is like jumping off the Empire State Building. You know, don't do that to get a date with her. But you know you don't want to spend your time saying I wish you don't want to get.
Speaker 2: To our end regret and say I wish I ask I.
Speaker 1: Wish I had asked her out. I wished I had booked because what's the worst thing? You pick yourself up and say, okay.
Speaker 2: We say that now because we're here. But I remember feeling that way being that young, of course, But Michael, you're as intimidated, you're you know, get over that, be a man and just okay.
Speaker 1: But she could do real quickly. Jonathan, what would you say, Uh, well, wait a minute, Michelle reached out. I can't remember you said, Michelle reached out to you?
Speaker 3: Or you reach out?
Speaker 4: Okay, So okay, so you know you know how bumble works. Is that ice wife? Because I see, I saw.
Speaker 2: The women do the work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, until until she responds. Then that then I know that she's interested.
Speaker 3: So so no, I know, wipe.
Speaker 1: But the point is once you once you swiped that you were interested and she reached out to you, then how did you feel about that being you know, it's it's different, Like you knew she was interested because she swiped.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what from from the moment her her first words to me was it just it just made my heart warm.
Speaker 3: And Jonathan, what were those words?
Speaker 5: Something about you know? Something about she she said something about my eyes.
Speaker 4: She could tell something about my eyes was was warm and kind or something along along that line. And so that that let me know that she just wasn't looking at you know. We made an eye connection, you know, And I think, you know, the eyes are like, you know, connection to your.
Speaker 5: Soul, you know.
Speaker 1: So I think eyes and we you know, we've interviewed a lot of the eyes from your season, and I think I'm not I think it's almost universal that we've all said it's a smile and it's the eyes. That's where I see all the time when people say, what's the first thing you noticed about somebody, it's their eyes and their smile.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you know.
Speaker 4: And that that's why I chose the blindfold from my uh my entrance out of the limo, because I remember I wanted the eye contact between Joan and I, that that first initial eye contact to see if there was going to be something there, you know, so what and and that's with with with Michelle's pictures, That's what I saw, was that eye contact.
Speaker 3: With Joan. Did you when did you apply for the show? Did you apply because it was Joan or I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't know it was gonna I didn't know it was going to be Joan.
Speaker 4: I was kind of hoping it was going to be Joan because I had seen The Golden Bachelor and I saw that when she had to leave and why she had to leave, and.
Speaker 1: He didn't want us.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 2: That's thanks Jonathan.
Speaker 3: Wrap this episode of.
Speaker 2: Seriously, though, before we have to go, we've got to play this little game, and this is about everybody else getting.
Speaker 1: To know you.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, all right, We're going to do easy little questions and everybody else listening will get to know you a little bit better. Are you ready? All right, I'm ready, Okay, We're gonna there's ten questions. Who was your favorite band or musician where you were in high school?
Speaker 5: Michael Jackson?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. What's your favorite way to unwind after a long day?
Speaker 4: Kick off my shoes, sit on my couch, and have my dog jump on my chest and give me some some licks on.
Speaker 5: The top of my head.
Speaker 3: What kind of dog? What kind of dog?
Speaker 5: Charlie is a beshng Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: What is your favorite memory that you have when you were a teenager?
Speaker 4: My favorite memory when you were a teenager. Okay, I remember my favorite memory was I was sitting outside of high school. I had dropped out of the basketball tryal program, and my high school basketball coach came up to me one on one and basically I almost had like a father's son conversation with me and said, hey, you know what, You've got some potential, You got talent. If you would have stuck with it, you'd be a great basketball player. And he is like one of my mentors. He's my almost my father. We still have a relationship to this day.
Speaker 1: Lovely, how Jonathan, how tall are you?
Speaker 5: Six ' four? So you met?
Speaker 3: You would have made a great point guard.
Speaker 5: If I had dribbling skills.
Speaker 3: There is that what what would the title of your autobiography be?
Speaker 5: Title my autobiography?
Speaker 2: It makes you think, doesn't that that question?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I would say, yeah, I kind of a go to me myself.
Speaker 2: And I okay, okay, if you were strict, we asked everybody from the show by the way, ye a question if you're stranded on a desert island and you could only bring three guys from the mansion, who would they be?
Speaker 3: Well, wait, to be fair, Susan, we've also said you're taking Susan and me with you.
Speaker 2: Regardless, who are the other three guys?
Speaker 5: The other three guys? Okay, I would have to say Gary, because you know Gary, I just love his laugh. I mean, I got I can.
Speaker 3: Hear like, oh look at you, imitatum.
Speaker 5: That's perfect. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love Gary Keith bless a lot too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'd love to bring Jordan because he's like has that comic relief. And I'd have to bring Jack, you know, Jack, Jack, Jordan, and Gary.
Speaker 3: Do you see them all? Can you get together with these guys?
Speaker 4: I haven't I have and so far, you know, but we we're kind of out the group text kind of thing going on, and so yeah, we're kind of making plans for that.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: If you could bring back any fashion trend or old slang, what would it be, and please don't say long basketball shorts?
Speaker 3: Go ahead? What would you bring back?
Speaker 5: Gosh? You know what? I would probably bring back bell bell bottom and platform shoes.
Speaker 2: Like the platform. I wear the Bell platform comfortable.
Speaker 5: Keep thinking about John Travolta, you know, you know, do.
Speaker 2: You have any fashion regrets from your younger days? Oh?
Speaker 5: Regrets? Gosh?
Speaker 2: I mean that's not even a good question. What would you regret you were wearing it because it was in style. We're going to skip that.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: What's one thing about you now that you think would surprise your younger.
Speaker 3: Self to that for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not about your hair, that you are as confident as you are now.
Speaker 5: Oh that's that's very good. Absolutely, yep.
Speaker 1: I would agree with it, just because I heard what he said about his younger life. Now he wants his hair. What you gonna say that he'ld be bald?
Speaker 4: Despot on? Yeah, that I would be bald? Yeah, because you know, well, yeah, this this happened. I never thought that this happened by accident?
Speaker 5: Can happen? This happened by accident?
Speaker 3: What was the accent?
Speaker 4: That I was on a date with the girl and was drinking one or two or maybe three bottles of wine and she looked at me with a little cross eyes.
Speaker 5: She goes, you would look really hot bald. Can I did I cut? Can I cut your hair?
Speaker 4: So she cut my hair and the next morning I looked in the mirror, thinking I had like this really cool haircut shaved, and it was just patches of hair.
Speaker 5: So I had no recourse except.
Speaker 2: Just to shave it all out, and you've been that way ever since.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then when I went to work, everyone said, j R. What did you do to your head? We love it? So I've been wearing it ever since.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: That's his way. Can I just say I love you. I want to get to know you better. You're a super nice guy. But I am going to question your judgment. She and you let anyone do anything to you after three bottles of why?
Speaker 3: What the hell were you thinking?
Speaker 1: Well, he was drinking with so he didn't have good He didn't say that.
Speaker 3: He said. You didn't say that, Jonathan.
Speaker 1: It's like you know, you said she had three bottles of why? Oh no, no, we had say you were drunk too. All right, okay, you're off the hood, all right. What's something you've always wanted to do but you haven't done yet? And if what and whatever it is, why haven't she done?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, there's a number of things, but I think one of the things is go up a hot air balloon. I've always wanted to do that.
Speaker 3: I want to I want to jump out of an airplane in a parachute.
Speaker 5: I would never do that.
Speaker 1: I would do it in tandem. If I did it with, you know, a train person, I would really a trainer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: They asked me that when I was interviewing on the show what's something you want to do? I said, I want to jump up. I'm scared to death to do it, but I would do it if I was with an instructor, you know instructor, or you're the looking guy who wanted to date with me, I'd do with that.
Speaker 5: Well there you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I think I think if I went, if I went in the plane and flew up and got to the point where its point time to jump.
Speaker 1: Push me, just push me out right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's what you'd have to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you like roller coasters?
Speaker 5: I do like roller coasters now, but as a kid I didn't.
Speaker 4: I remember my first, my first major roller coaster, going up the you know, going up the incline.
Speaker 5: I could hear the chains chaining and.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh god, I hope it doesn't fall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I can almost get into the top. I got so scared, I started screaming, Mama.
Speaker 2: Get me up here. What more, what piece of advice or bad that you received and you've never.
Speaker 5: Forgotten advice that I received, good or bad, good.
Speaker 2: Or bad advice, but that you never forgot. Somebody said something to you at one time, you never forgot it.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't let a due woman shave your head next time.
Speaker 2: That was new advice.
Speaker 5: But right, Oh my gosh, that's that's hard.
Speaker 3: I think it is hard, Kathy.
Speaker 2: Do you know any that somebody gave you.
Speaker 3: The best piece that I ever got that I've never forgotten was.
Speaker 1: When you're nervous about doing something new and you're walking into a place where it's all new people. Whatever that event is, it's okay because everyone's feeling the way you are, So walk in feel confident because everyone's feeling the same way you are.
Speaker 5: That's good, that's good. Okay. I just remember one.
Speaker 4: I just remember one, and it was it was it was far as like I think, like, you know, I did some acting at one point on stage whatever, like you know, community theater. Remember or director told me once is like if you if you forget your line or if you forget your your movement, don't ever stop.
Speaker 5: Just keep just keep moving and don't don't let them see what you know is wrong.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing like, don't let them see the Fair.
Speaker 5: Do you sing, Jonathan, I have my I have my moments where I tried to well know.
Speaker 3: You said theater. Did you do musical theater?
Speaker 4: I've done you. I've done a couple of music theaters. The last one I did was I did rag Time and so I did a little ensemble singing, so that was pretty fun.
Speaker 1: What what's your voice? Do you baritone tenor what are you baritone? Baronet?
Speaker 4: You know, as as I got older, my voice is got raspier, or some people will say that I have like this kind of a hairy Belafonte kind of a sound, and sometimes it sometimes it's it's frustrating because I want to articulate clear, Yeah, I hear this raspiness and like sometimes it feels like I'm forcing my voice out.
Speaker 3: So damn, this guy's talented.
Speaker 2: He's got it all got it.
Speaker 3: You are an amazing guy. I was so good getting to know you a little.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you it was our pleasure, haven't you really? I can dance and I can.
Speaker 3: Sing, you know what.
Speaker 4: I'm really sorry that we missed you in sas Alito, because you want to that corner where you were is literally right up the street, so I.
Speaker 2: Can she had sent me an email and I just now recently, within the last week, saw the message. Yea, I took a hiatus in December. I didn't answer much. I needed a little bit.
Speaker 3: So wait, she lives in Sasito, where we reached out.
Speaker 2: You're in our neighborhood, you're in our backyard, come see us.
Speaker 5: We would have come absolutely, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Remember we walked on. We didn't know what to do with ourselves. Yeah we did.
Speaker 2: We had a day off and that's not normal. But if so find out we're there again, text my bone.
Speaker 5: Okay, we got to make sure we got numbers.
Speaker 3: Numbers.
Speaker 1: If Michelle it emailed me, trust me, and my phone's glued to me, I would have looked at it.
Speaker 2: But yes, seeh I don't get notified for everything. It wasn't even an email, it was a d M or whatever.
Speaker 5: I okay, I will definitely do that. I'll definitely do that.
Speaker 2: We will continue this at some point for sure. And it's been a great episode. Thank you so much for coming.
Speaker 5: On with us. Please thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: You are amazing. You gave some great advice those of you.
Speaker 1: If you enjoyed this episode, please follow us on Bachelor Happy Hour Golden Hour. We have new episodes coming out every week. You don't want to miss them. We just we have fun with these guests and we know that you enjoy hearing all about their lives too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're getting to hear some good, juicy stuff. Make sure to submit your questions to us. You can go to bachelornation dot com, slash Golden Hour, or dm us on Instagram at Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 1: Listen to Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: See you next time.
Speaker 3: Have a great week.