Speaker 1: Of the law and Order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on.
Speaker 1: These are our stories.
Speaker 3: Done done, Yay, that's messed up an SVU podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm Lisa Trade said my name wrong. That's a new one. That's new.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: It's episode two eighty three. And Lisa said her own name wrong like a truck made a noise and I got distracted, mother mid name. Well, I am Lisa Trigger and we do we talk crime. We do SVU and we have guests and that's my co host, Kara Clink and I'm Kara Klump. I'm so nice to meet you all. Wait, so okay, so first of all, we are we obviously chat up top and last week Lisa was telling me about how she went to go see Lost Boys and then ever since then obviously non stop on my feed, Danny Pino saw it.
Speaker 2: What Danny pinow the Lost Boys? I thought he messages Oh gosh, no, sorry, no sorry, I could I worded that wrong.
Speaker 1: Danny Pino listened to the pod now, so I think after he was a guest who was like I've had enough. But all these people I've just been seeing go to it, and I feel like a lot of them are our former guests.
Speaker 2: Well, everyone is going, and now I've learned that like a friend's husband is the direct Like everyone's connected. It's just like it keeps growing. And then like Marcia and Anderson, like people are buying tickets and then Marsha was like, that's that's that's word of mouth, like you can't buy that kind of you know what I mean. I guess we did on Like it's like if something is good and people are chatting, like people are gonna go.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, right, short, anything we talk about at the beginning of this podcast is not sponsored, like we are just stuff, like we are just telling you things we genuinely like or don't like.
Speaker 2: Oh people, people are like really having a good time. But I saw Larry Owens was went, and so I messaged him like I saw it, I loved it, and he goes, okay, vampire diva, and I go I would like to be called that from now on. So when you saw me get excited about a text is because he called me a vampire de vampire diva.
Speaker 1: Love that, So it got me really excited. I actually okay.
Speaker 2: So remember we had all of it on Doctor Olivet and she was saying, how Annette Benning's daughter is in a play with Hugh Jackman. I saw that on Sunday, will say what it's called again, sexual misconduct of the middle classes.
Speaker 1: I think, okay.
Speaker 2: So I got invited and I got to I went to Minetta Tavern. I went to the show for free, so so I we had the best dinner.
Speaker 1: I've never been a Minetta Tavern. So I was like so excited. I called at like three something and I was like after my Justin Bieber soul cycle. But I was like, do you got anything? And they did, so I felt really cool. In New Yorky, I will say, I have a lot to I got blacked out. It was an open bar.
Speaker 2: We went to Hugh Jackman's bar for the after party, and at Benning was at Manetta Tavern. We saw her walk by, so that was like a thrill for sure. So it was like a reception.
Speaker 1: And the show was it like opening night. No, that's what they said that. They're like, it's not opening or closing. So basically there's this director he's directing three simultaneous shows that are happening.
Speaker 2: Corey Stoltz is in one of them. He was at the party fucking hot. I like made a lap just to look at him, and I was happy.
Speaker 1: I did that.
Speaker 2: And then so Cecily Strong was there, like, I guess it's just like something the audible theater is doing Medeta. I don't I'm not sure what's happening. I also was like, why am I being invited? And then my Michael krus Kane's like, the told me to invite cool people, and I go, does Hugh Jackman need us?
Speaker 1: Like I don't understand why I get to go for free? What's happening?
Speaker 2: And then Hugh Jackman did a speech of like this will be the most people here throughout our whole run, and I'm like, are you not Wolverine? Like I don't understand what's happening? Like is the theater having that hard of a time that like, I don't, I don't know. Thrilled to be invited, I'll tell you that much confused by the event, no idea, what's happening.
Speaker 1: It wasn't for charity. I don't know why I was there.
Speaker 2: Oh, Molly Bernard was there, who I was in the horror movie with She's from Younger, so that was exciting to we ran.
Speaker 1: Into each other. I have a couple of questions, ask me anything you want. Who's Corey Stoltz.
Speaker 2: I hope that's how you say his name. He was in House of Cards. He's the bald guy. Him and Andrew Reynolds have a love story in Girls. He's like the Ball's guy. Is that not his name?
Speaker 4: Cory Stole?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so I ad a z so no, sorry that I was like that. I was like, is she talking about Rick Stolts Like, but no, Corey? So I know exactly. You're talking about the guy from House of Cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's Hugh Jackman's connection to the plays? He in it?
Speaker 2: He's in it, He's in it. It's him and Anette Benning. So daughter's daughter. I'm sorry, I don't know her name, but that's your dad.
Speaker 1: I think that's I don't know what to tell you. It's something baby Yeah, yeah, I mean she was great, she was great. Okay, so this is the thing. And Ella baby Ella, she was great. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm like trying to figure out how to say this all. I hated the first half hour in a way you don't understand. I was livid, I was getting I just didn't want to be there. I was like, no, wonder if Hugh Jackman needs our help. This is a nightmare. I go, what is doctor Elivette? Thinking I don't want to be here? And then the person I'm next to kind of size and we're confused. Then something like hits where the person with Marsha's like smart, so like she opens the the program for a second, so like I clocked that. I was like, okay, so she's looking at the program at this moment. I wonder what she's looking for, like something's happening. Then there's this kind of twist that's incredible, and then then it all makes sense and it's so cool, and I'm like, oh, this is cool. And then I looked at Marsha after I go what'd you look at? And she goes, I knew a woman wrote it. At that moment, she goes, I fucking hated it. And then I realized a woman wrote it, and I looked it up and then like, you realize this stuff. So the play is incredible. And then at the party I meet the director.
Speaker 1: And I hate him so much.
Speaker 2: And I like, I hated him with my whole being, and he made I could tell my friend was uncomfortable leaning ants, and I thought that he was friends with the people that invited me. So I was more polite than I think I would have been. And then she goes, no, I just met him. So I was like, I wish I was a little bit. I wish I was brutal to him. But when I tried to talk about him to someone else, I like checked in first, and they were like, love him, He's the best. Oh my god. I was like, oh, hey, well, I'm glad I checked in before, I like. And then so I think he's beloved. I think the director is liked. I asked him a question.
Speaker 1: First of all, Brussels sprout warm, weird salad is not a party food, and it's definitely not a food to chew in my face. I don't want to smell it. So to me, I was just like the Brussels sprout of it all was like a nightmare.
Speaker 2: The chewing was a nightmare. And then why he picked the play, I was like, I want to see it with a female director.
Speaker 1: I want to know.
Speaker 2: If the playwright's happy with it. I want to know everything. And the reason I hated that. What I hated was I think because of him and Hugh Jackman and men not understanding stuff. And at the end of the day, it is two old men with a young girl. So I don't know, but I love art that causes conversation and I and there was a lot of conversation and then I got blacked out Manhattan's for Free all night went to a three AM. I mean we talked like I think I smoked eight joints. My throat hurts, and but we talked about it most of the night, like there was just like a lot to discuss.
Speaker 1: So then I understood why.
Speaker 2: She liked it and why she's so impressed with her, like you know, yeah, like her best friend's daughter, Like I get it all, and I want to read it, and like my acting teacher read it, and we talked about it, like I understand it all. But I think it's kind of when I found out Noah Bombback was like involved in the Barbie movie, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: I see it everywhere. Yeah, you fucking lose. You get a beanie on. This guy at a beanie on that didn't cover his ears. You know, I don't like that eating the brussels.
Speaker 2: There was just a lot and when I asked him, I was like, I asked some questions about it, and what he was saying was not what I felt. So yeah, it was just like it was like a cool night. I love living in New York at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: So that's that. I guess it was originally directed by a woman. But yeah, and I'd love to see that. Yeah, and I would love to see that. And then what we.
Speaker 2: Also discussed and it's not something I know, but I guess Nabookov is that who wrote Lolita.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, so like I guess his whole thing. I don't know anything about this. I was told this that like he had a disclaimer where it was like the advertiser like this should never be perceived as sexual, like it should never be like the iconography should not be sexual, and obviously made Lolita and everything sexual, and that's how we felt. Like the photos they're using to sell this play are very Lowlita and it's just like that was something we talked about. There was just but then the twit the play is genius. I will say the play is genius. That's funny because I'm right now. I'm looking at the cover of the play, like the cover of like whatever the play book would have been, and it's like just an outline of a body and a person, like it's supposed to be a woman, but it's like a sort of featureless shape. You the photos that were happening at the party, So I'll show you the photo I'm talking about. Okay ready, yeah, yeah, so that's uncomfortable, yeah, sexual, right, yes, because there's a huge age difference between this girl's young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's about a professor and a nineteen year old. Yeah, that's what it's about. Yeah, and so and so. Then also a bunch of people because I was at the party talking. It's like so many women connect.
Speaker 1: To this story. And then I don't know, like for some reason, the director thought that the male character was interesting and I was like, oh, He's like, I don't know, tell me if this isn't. I was like, how did you find the play? And he goes like, how did I literally find it? Or how did I find it? And it's like, oh, I'll choke you right now, ha ha.
Speaker 2: Why would I ask you about how you found your own play? Like, I'm not brish I'm also not British. Why would I.
Speaker 1: Speak like that? Like, yeah, why would I ask you how you thought your play? Did you? Obviously?
Speaker 2: I also hate when plays don't have a distinct start. I hate when like characters start just walking and like, you know, checking the thing and sitting at the desk.
Speaker 1: Like I don't like. I don't like a slow start of a play. I don't like that for any I don't like that when I guessed on a podcast and I'm like, have we started, and people are like, oh, yeah, we started. I'm like, yeah, we do things differently here. Yeah, things are a little different. Everything's meant to be shared. Fuck you, so whatever. I guess I'm talking shit about this man, but like he did cause a lot of conversation, and I don't know, I was interested as well. That's cool, I mean, and you liked it in the end the.
Speaker 2: Play, Yeah, I followed the play right immediately, and I liked all the discussions and there was like certain lines.
Speaker 1: That like hit so hard. Anna Moskovich is the play Canadian, Canadian, Canadian having a real real time Canada. I speaking of art that causes this conversation. I saw the drama, which I'm not going to I don't think. I don't want to get into like a full in depth conversation about it, because I know you guys get mad when we talk about a movie that's been out for or still could be playing in any theater anywhere. So I don't want to give anything away. I just want everybody to know that, Liza, you were correct. And I don't know why. I mean, I belie leave you, but you were like, there's no twist, and I was like, okay, but everybody's saying there's a fucking twist and there's no fucking twist. And it really affected the way I saw it, Like it affected the way I watched the movie because I kept waiting for some major event to happen, even though like not maybe not like a icee dead people.
Speaker 2: You know what I always say, I'm like, the words mean things, so like yes, Like when people were saying that, it's like, no, the the point that moment is advertised, the secret reveal is advertised.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing everybody goes, oh no. When I went back to people that told me there was a twist, they go, I think it's just because the marketing was X and the movie was why and I go, I didn't see any marketing for it, like that should not be part of like the description of the movie, like it could be it's one thing to go oh, I just expected it to be something different than it was. But like, I don't know, it's like all this stuff now where it's like the materialists like had like this is like another A twenty four, right, casey, that's another A twenty four where it's like they had one preview that came out that was very like dramatic, and then another one that was very rom cammy, And I don't know what the point of all this is, Like I don't like all of this weird the marketing is part of the plot now to the movie, Like I don't I don't know. But I had a lot to think about after that movie and a lot to say about it, But I don't want to get any of it here though. I just don't want to see it if it's gonna if it's gonna like I don't know, but talk about it a few weeks ago, you just not really liking it, but you didn't give away any plot points because I hadn't seen it and I really wanted to, like go in blind and I didn't get spoiled either, Like you said you read a spoiler, like I somehow didn't get any spoiler, Like I had no it. But like what people are perceiving to be the spoiler, like the twist, I'm like, that did not shock me when I when I heard it, I just yeah, it's so, it's all just so good. Yeah, it's a very interesting movie, has it. It's like, and I don't know anything that this guy has done. But he has also done this movie called Sick of Myself that my husband has seen. Have you seen that, Casey, No, I haven't seen it. It's a Norwegian the guy's Norwegian, and Sick of Myself came out and people were seeing it in LA and it's like, I think it's about a woman who like can't stop getting plastic surgery. She almost has like a she almost has like Munchausen's for like, and she just keeps getting plastic surgery in a way and like fucking with her face. So I was like, I don't think that's for me, Like I can't do body horror stuff. But then he also did this movie called Dream Scenario that sounds interesting that is about Nicholas Cage plays like a schlubby professor or something like his life is boring, and then suddenly all these people all over the world start having dreams about him and he becomes famous, and it's kind of like that about dealing with the fame and like this and that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, because Michael Sarah's in it. This is good for my movie games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, scenario. It's so funny.
Speaker 2: The moment you said the Body Horror wasn't for you is the moment I started. You were like, she keeps getting plastic surgery, and then as you said it's not for me, I was like, oh, I'm going to yeh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well we definitely could take a look at that. That doesn't seem like well and yeah, these kind of weirdo guys. I'm into the weirdo guys. I guess let's see something weird. I'm just in a mood, you know. Yeah, wa talk about I finished Yesteryear. Oh okay, I gotta order it. I'm going on Amazon.
Speaker 2: I already gave it to someone. Oh my god, So Ashley Hamilton from Good Noticings I she's the only other person who that finished it at the moment, So like I'm sending her voice notes, I'm writing, I'm all these things she's condor.
Speaker 1: Then I see her and Claire interviewed the author. She's like with the author, I'm like, this never came up. I'm like putting it in the trap. I'm like, you're out of your mind. I'm like, you have insight.
Speaker 2: And then she actually asked one of the questions that I asked, so I felt really smart and the author didn't have an answer.
Speaker 1: So that was annoying. But oh yeah, wait the the I've seen this author on my Instagram like feed something because well I just followed her so and it's the book. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One last thing I was going to say about the drama, though, is I think the woman that plays the photographer is so good and that scene is so funny. I love her. Where's she from? Really good? She's in She's in an SVU, right or no, I don't think so, but I think she's in another wait, hold on, hold on, let me look, because I looked her up Zoe Winters, Zoe Witters, and she had just been in a Materialists. That's what, yeah, Materialists, the movie I just brought.
Speaker 4: I go.
Speaker 1: She was just in another big like indie ish type of movie. Yes, oh, succession, and Succession is where she's got like a long running part that I don't I never watched Succession, but I mean I did, and I didn't like it, so I stopped little gust demeanors she's she's only been in OG for Law and Order. Unfortunate. Unfortunately, she was great. She was really funny. And yeah, I don't know, we'll tell I mean maybe in like a few weeks when it's out of the theaters and people don't get mad at us, we can have a more in depth conversation about it. But I feel like we'll give people a few more times, Yeah, a few more, a little bit more time, but then we'll get into it. But also so then I was so drunk the play night that then yesterday I really struggled, and so I just went down to the coffee shop downstairs to have a beer, and I was there for seven hours. I would say. The mailman came in. I mean it was I truly felt like I was in a sitcom.
Speaker 2: We all were waving to the mailman. We all know each other all the regular like it was. And then a friend did come meet me, but I just kept.
Speaker 1: I just kept sitting at the coffee shop.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 1: Hey, you can always use a little day to just people watch and pretend getting drunk. I was like, I just need two beers because I was like, so I couldn't even eat. I was like, I can't even function at the moment. Oh you needed a little hair of the dog, Damn. I did.
Speaker 2: And I had a lot of tasks. The tasks, tasks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully the audition I sent in they wanted someone that looks haggard, because that's what I delivered. But I was gonna say, you know, sometimes a little a little drink make you a little nose. Before it was no, but I told I was like I just have to yeah whatever. I don't know. I'm like so desperate to be on a set again. It's just so fun, you know. Yeah, yeah, I hear you. Okay, So a couple orders of business as always, before we get started. You guys can go to the link in our Instagram bio or that's messed up live dot com takes you to our merch page and we have our cute little Louise Louis Lewis Luis Slowis t shirt. You can also you can also check out promo codes for all of our ad stuff. If you are in the mood for i mean, Mother's days coming up, get some get some discounts. Join us over on Patreon. It's patreon dot com slash that's messed up. We're doing bonus episodes where we talk to fun people about SVU. We are actually gonna watch Twilight soon and talk about that. We're both Twilight virgins. So if that sounds like something fun for you, get on over to our Patreon, and of course, thank you so much all of our patreons for your support. Lisa's on the road. You can go to Glittercheese dot com for all of that. You can check out my other podcast, Who's the Bitch, where we're get We get so many funny submissions on this fucking podcast, you guys. And we're on YouTube now at YouTube dot com slash at Who's the Best, so you can watch us or listen.
Speaker 2: And I would like to just say that I didn't even mention heated rivalry ones.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. I'm just actually we just actually we just did an episode on Who's the Bitch where somebody wrote in and said, my husband refuses to watch heated rivalry with me, and I've asked him a bunch of times, and it's worrying me because I feel like it's just the gay part of that is the reason. And I was like, yeah, I mean you have to grapple with that if that's like some kind of internalized homophobia. But like, if it's making among like I don't know, why is it making him uncomfortable? It's like I think also people are talking up the show in a way that makes it seem like there are dicks slapping against faces and shit, like it's not that graphic, but it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It truly doesn't matter because it's like, h you know what HBO is. Yeah, and if it wasn't gay, you'd be into it. No, it's totally homophobia. It is one hundred percent that, and I I truly judge, like, your wife is asking you to watch it if you're just like alone, I don't have to do anything, but your wife is begging you to watch the thing she loves, Like I don't understand. And actually one of the people at the party on Sunday, who's like a friend of a friend whatever, is talking. He's like, oh, yeah, I didn't see that movie. I go, you know, it's a TV show. I go, You pretending you think it's a movie?
Speaker 1: Makes me know you are fucking like you were in the closet, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, what is that? I hadn't really heard of it? Oh really, Oh really, I was like livid.
Speaker 1: I was truly livid. Oh my god. Okay, well I just ordered Yesteryear and it's happening. But also you did mention heated rivalry then, so that you don't get the credit anymore. We got to start the clock over because now we've talked about it now.
Speaker 2: No, but no, it really is weird, because that's what I said to the guy. I'm like, it's a sensation. You don't want to watch a sensation? Like that's so strange.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't relate to that, because you know, I'll even go see a horror movie if it's like gets talked enough about enough, even though that's not my favorite thing. You know, like, if something is zeitgeisty enough, I gotta see it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also like you don't trust your life, you don't care about connecting your to your wife. It's just so much fucking deeper. And I could tell one of my friends is annoyed when I'm like, yeah, I'm like, I look at your husband differently, Like the fact that he won't watch it made it just kind of disgusts me.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to tell you. Yeah, well we dive into it over there, but you know, I knew, I knew what your take would be. But let's get started.
Speaker 2: But it's when men don't like my stand up, I go, oh, well you hate women, because I'm like, very funny. You're either religious or hate women, like I don't know why else I can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get started. We've got a great episode for you guys today. Okay, I thought it was mia culpa.
Speaker 2: You just said maya culpa off screen, and so you probably know what it means, right, I didn't look it up.
Speaker 1: I didn't think twice. Maya culpa just means my fault. So usually you say it like when you're like, sorry, my maya copa my fault, my fault. The word culpability would come from Colpa Warren Light get alife. Yeah, or is this not him?
Speaker 2: Because it's not the Letters of twenty So who is the showrunner here?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: No, this isn't him. This is took the year off the other guy. Yeow, I have more enemies, more enemies with names.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're in court. Stone is tap dancing. This is Peter Stone, friend of the pod. A man is saying it was consensual. The judge's agreeing with him and gives him remand oh agrees with Stone in remand not agrees with the rapist that it was consensual. So the rapist is going to jail. Everyone's excited. Chorasey and the victim are sitting in the galley and then the woman walks out of the courthouse with Stone and Creasy on either side of her, and so like, what a fun night, and I mean day is an actress just like flanked by these guys.
Speaker 1: In suits walking out. Not a bad day. Not a bad day.
Speaker 2: Chrisey wants to go out for a beer, but Peterstone is not interested, and he wants a hot dog. Love that Chicago boy. So a woman recog him from the cubs and it's like, damn, it's you, Peter Stone. She says, let's get a drink. He goes, hell yeah, hands the hot dog back to the man.
Speaker 1: That does That's not gonna happen. But it's like the guy made you a hot dog and put it in a thing? Did you pay him for it? Like it's just really weird to be like, well, I'm about to maybe go fuck this girl, and I don't want to smell like hot dog, Like I don't know, why are you? It's weird. You gotta throw a person or you can't take a bit. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just maybe maybe he gets a hot dog a lot after court, like this is his dude, you know, but she remembers him. Okay, So we're at a fancy place now and Rollin's in the doctor guy.
Speaker 1: Baby Daddy number two. They're they're having dinner. Is she pregnant yet? No?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Or she is she is sure had the baby?
Speaker 2: No, I think she might have had it or whatever, pregnant baby whatever, who knows, who cares? So they're at dinner. It's fancy, he go. He orders one of ever desert on the menu. She says, wow, I can get used to this, and he's like, well, I actually have a question for you. Puts a red box on the table. Amanda Rollins is getting stressed, but guess what she opens? It is just a key.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you would put it in the box like boxes me and things like, it's such a stupid trick. This is a doctor sociopath trying to connect with like a sense of humor and it's a flop.
Speaker 2: So will you move in with me? She smiles. So now we cut back to Stone and the pretty woman who like recognized him, and they're in a purple beaded curtain shell shaped couch lounge area. It's like very purple, and he goes to gret He's like, I'll get another round.
Speaker 1: He goes to the bar. A blonde woman now approaches him and goes, what are you doing in New York?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: And she's like, oh, you don't even remember me, and he doesn't. She slaps him and then says you raped me, you son of a bitch, stresses him out. So yeah, it's understand about and how many how many former athletes have become district any niece do you think, Like, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they usually buy like car washes or Chick fil a is so or like coach or whatever. But like it's just so funny to me that it's like he's walking from court and it's like you used to play for the cubs like I don't know. I guess definitely a part of his lore, but yeah, I'm curious. Let us know, guys sports nuts, any sports nuts. So he's getting up, he's groggy, it's fun. He's like leather couch and Finn's standing over him with their drink. It looks like maybe some headache medicine for the hangover. But to me, I'm like, did you keep partying after the accusation or did you go home? Like because he didn't seem that waste, like did he get me the sign?
Speaker 2: Felt Jujubi's situation, like did he still try to hang out with the other girl?
Speaker 1: And why are you at Finns? Like were you you couldn't make it to your own apartment, but you could make it to Finns. Like if your hou wants to get to the bottom of it, oh okay, because if you're out with somebody, I could see, Oh I'm so fucked up. I'm just go back to your place, Like let's go back to your place or whatever. But not if you're like out with a girl and you're just like I'm gonna go to my buddy's house, I'm fucked up.
Speaker 2: Like we're after the rape accusation. Did he say bye to that girl? Do they still exchange numbers?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't. I just he didn't seem that drunk when we met him. Yeah, but I didn't kill the vibe. Did the rape accusation kill the vibe? Is what we want to know.
Speaker 2: But he tells Finn everything explains what happened, and he's he says he didn't do it, but it was twelve years ago. It was a last season game against the Mets, and a few guys went to the bar. There was a woman there. It's the slapper. Obviously he was drunk and they all went back to like the hotel. He remembers going at it with her hot and heavy. But when he woke up, he was in bed alone and everyone else was gone. And he called her the next day and she said, try to talk to me again, and I'll go to the police. And so Finn demands to make sure he's not lying, like, tell me the truth, tell me the truth, let me know, and he's like, I didn't rape anyone, but I also don't remember, so like if I did rape someone, eat So then Benson and ros are talking to the woman from the beginning court case and they send her on her way with some comforting words, and Benson direx rowins to go find more evidence and surveillance for that case. And now we cut to a man being super excited to see Stone. He's a bartender, Beard just like two thousand and six. I remember the games.
Speaker 1: So I guess this former baseball player he opened a bar in New York or manages it. That probably bought it with the money. Yeah, right, a sports bar. Yeah that makes sense. Yeah, I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he's like, oh six patron Dan Perion, and I'm like, I remember the patron days. And then so then he goes, I remember everything that night, and he goes, I married her, And so he like married the girl he met that night, best night of his life.
Speaker 1: Her name's Wanda, and I love where that went, you know what I mean, And then anticipate like a cute married night out and the background of his phone's the wife. That's just nice.
Speaker 2: So but then they're like, oh my god, do you think your wife would have information on this accuser that we have, and and she does. So it's Sarah Kent and she lives in Bushwick. So we go to Bushwick. It looks actually like the suburbs, and Queen's like, I don't, but I guess there could be single family homes in Bushwick that I don't know about. Obviously I don't really go there.
Speaker 1: So I honestly don't know the last time I've been to Bushwick. I for I would go there once in a while for like that freakin Life show. Oh yeah, the Cobra Club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cobroo Club, some of the worst bathrooms in New York City. Finn is like, are you sure you want to do this, and he's like, yeah, I know it's wrong, and let's you know, we got to get down to the bottom of it. Before Finn goes, Stone asks him not to tell Benson about it yet though, and Finn go's knocking at Kent's place. She lies to her husband and says it's a Jehovah's witness, but steps out to talk to Finn after he mentioned stuff. She says, I never want to hear that name, and don't come back, and then she goes back inside, and then Finn spies on her like a ghost of Christmas pass looking at like a family enjoying dinner, you know, like questioning all his choices, and she is like very mom in the burbs.
Speaker 1: She's wearing black leggings, like all of this is just kind of perfect, besides you know, the rape.
Speaker 2: So then Rollins is eating steak leftovers for lunch because Al always over orders, she explains, and Carisee's like, ah, fuck, I wanted to go to the deli with you. Fuck that guy, and she's like so she then tells Carisey like, you know, he we're gonna move in together, and he's pissed. He's like, after he lied to you? What the fuck? I hate this guy? And I don't remember the lying.
Speaker 1: What was the lying? Do you remember anything? There was like the time he's cheated on her, I think, and like there was like a time where he was like I want you back, I love you. And then like she goes to the bathroom when she comes back and he's like getting a waitress phone number. Like he seems like a fuck boy, you know, got it, gotta gotta got it. Okay, So Crisey's not into it. He's also like fully in love with her. We all know that.
Speaker 2: So and we end up together. It's like I hate dealing with certain things sometimes. So Robin's is like, I mean, it would be nice to just like live in a big apartment with a rich guy. And Creasey's like, shut up, like is even going to marry you? And then she says shut up. And then he says, you deserve to be happy and taken care of, and she goes, he does take care of me, and he goes, there's a difference between flowers and dinner and being taken care of. She brushes him off, and then he proves to her how caring he is by saying, I'm going to get you a ginger ale because you're gonna have stomach issues from your expensive steak.
Speaker 1: Is that what he was getting out? Like, I don't know. I thought I thought she was pregnant here, but maybe I'm am I crazy. I really thought she was pregnant.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm telling you, like something, I just can't deal with certain things. And that's and that's this storyline, like I can't do it. I do enough for this podcast and learning about when she's pregnant and what al said to her part timeline.
Speaker 1: The timelines of Amanda's various pregnancies do not need to be involved. It's like every few years It's like she's either pregnant, her sister's ruining her life, or she's ruining the priescincts life, you know what I mean, Like yeah, or Cariese's you know, breaking his heart time after time. So anyways, so he goes to get a ginger all and now we cut to Stone. He is going to court, and Benson and Stone do a gorgeous walk and talk through the marble, talking details of the case. And it's a drunk situation.
Speaker 2: So nobody believes the girl, obviously, but they believe the drunk guy. And Benson goes, do you think she would make all this up?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Does this seem fun to you? This investigation? You think this trial's just for kicks? And Benson goes, he's guilty Peter, and Peter's thinking about his own rape and then Benson's a detective and catches it and he blames it on lack of sleep. So now the victim's on the stand, she's being brave and Stone is helping her through her testimony. And now the rapist, I mean, whatever is it mean to call her?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 2: The blonde butch blonde butch body bitch defense attorney. I hate her, so much so like the rapist defense attorney's like, you're a drunk bitch, so maybe you did consent and forgot.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: And she's like, fuck you think I want to be here. I'm here to try to get my life back by confronting the man who did this to me. And this really hits Peter and he runs to Benson's apartment in the middle of the night. She's in a robe, and he's like, hey, listen, I've been accused of sexual assault from twelve years ago. I was drunk, but in my bones, soul and heart, he did and rape her, That's what he says. Benson's like, well, she said you did, and he says, well, that's not who I am. Drunk or not, I swear to God I didn't do this. And Benson's thinking taking it in and he asked if she believes him, and she's like yeah, but like not really, so she says it's not that simple. He said, oh, because it's your job to believe her, and she's like, no, I need to talk to her though and see what she says to get to the truth. And if you want something else, you came to the wrong person. And he goes, no, I'm not asking for any of this to go away. I want the truth too, I want an open investigation. He's gonna regret that. The music's dramatic. Benson's face is beautiful. Rollin's Finn and creas here in the break room and Finn is questioning Peter and the other two trust Peter, and Finn's like, she definitely believes he did it, and Creasey's.
Speaker 1: Like whatever, okay.
Speaker 2: So then Rollins is like, this sucks, but it happens, and he's like, no, this you know, if a bus full of nuns said that he was somewhere else. In the back of my mind, I'll always question.
Speaker 1: If he raped. That's what sucks. Like we need to get to the bottom of it, or I'll always have this suspicion that he's a rapist. And like, yeah, Creasey's just like making it about him, okay. So then Benson goes to talk to Sarah. She's livid, but like Benson wants to investigate. So there's like nothing Sarah can do, and I think she realizes that. So they're at the kitchen table and she's like, listen, it was a long time ago. We were both drinking and then husband walks in. Who is it.
Speaker 2: It's Bruno in one of his five other characters, Kevin Kane, friend of the pod. So she tells him about the rape and then she's like, you know, we're not pressing charges and he's like, the fuck we aren't. We're getting this motherfucker. If anyone raped you, we're murdering everyone. And then she says sorry. He's like no, sorry, and she's like just drop it. And he's like, do you know who did it? And then it's silence, and then he goes, well, we're gonna do whatever it takes to put this guy in jail. So now Carisy and Rollins are at the lockers and Sarah and Benson are on their way to the precinct. But like, everyone's having a hard time with this case. Obviously it's like one of their own. And Creasy's like, our job is to believe survivors, but I believe him, and like that feels wrong, and Rollins is like, well, you know. Rollind tells him that he was right about not living with al Okay, he goes, no, no, no, don't listen to me. Do what's right for your babies and family. Live with this weird rich doctor and yeah, I don't know, Wait, why did this switch so fast? We never see this guy again this episode? And she's switching it up.
Speaker 1: Well, there is another there's a deleted scene from this episode that I looked up. Oh my god, Caara, how did you know to look it up? What the fuck it was in the wiki? So let me send it to you right now. It's no, just tell us, I'm not watching it. Tell us, tell us. It's two. It's a minute and a half long, but it's basically she goes to have dinner with Al and there she's making fun of like the shitty puts on his burger, like, and he's like, even though I'm a doctor and I tell people to eat well, I actually love pizza and burgers and chicken wings. And it's like, I don't know, he's like trying to. It feels like he's trying to kind of make himself more Joe Joe public for rollins, and she's like seeing through it. But then a girl at the table next to them, a little girl, starts choking, and Al gets up and like gives her the heimlick. It's very un I can see why they cut the scene, it's like it looks very staged, like not good, and then saves this little girl and the woman's like, thank you so much or whatever, and then she sits down and goes, so, when can I move any And he sits back down and she goes, so, when can I move in? So it's like just seeing him be like competent and like a caregiver makes her want to move in. But then I think later in the episode, I think he's in this episode again, isn't he? Don't they have another dinner.
Speaker 2: I thought you're gonna tell me something that led to her changing her mind.
Speaker 1: That's what I don't know, but that's what I'm saying. I think there's another scene that leads her to change her mind or something, because in this choking scene, she's like all in. But maybe it's just the conversations. Maybe that's why they cut it, and they just want Careese to be the reason that she's not doing it, like cause Careese more like knows, you know. She's like like there's all this shit where she's like, oh, we didn't really have you know, blah blah blah. Back in Georgia, A truffles like they have a whole conversation about truffles, right, and she's like more like and he's like shrimp and grits, right, Like he's trying to do his homework about who she is. Yeah, and I don't think she's buying it, but.
Speaker 2: Because I bet, if I bet if they ended up together, he'd be like, you should quit your job.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he'd be like, you don't need to work anymore for sure. Also, I think it's interesting that Carreese is like having such a hard time with this because it's like so many guys we know, it's like how we talk to guys. And I'm like, if you don't think that you're not friends with a bunch of guys who have like sexually assaulted a woman before, you're crazy. And you can talk to guys that are like, no way, not my friends. And like that's kind of like Cariese's thing here, even though he's a professional SVU detective turned ADA in training or whatever he is at this point. Yeah, so annoying.
Speaker 2: Well, and now we're moving right right over to wood room blinds from that, and her husband was out of town in Hawaii with his dad golfing. That's Kevin Kane and so she went out to be slutty with some baseball guys. She says Peterstone was so nice, and Benson's like, okay, well, you know, walk us through the night and she's like having fun, drinking and dancing, flirting. She's like, I remember kissing. It was okay at first, but then she's like he became different, not as nice.
Speaker 1: And then one of the guys.
Speaker 2: And Peter, they were both on the bed, but we don't remember who this other guy is, so we have to find him. And then she passed down and she said she woke up, she was naked, she knew she had sex, and Peter was on the bed and she did not say yes. And so Benson asks, are you saying Peter Stone assaulted you? And she says, yes, I didn't want to have sex. I would never do that to Gary. So you know, they were having a rough patch and you know they're happy now, but they were having issues. And Gary is with Caresy asking advice for dopes like him that didn't know their wives were raped.
Speaker 1: I don't know if like dope is the.
Speaker 2: Word, and he's like, wow, seems tough and he and he goes, she never told me what does that mean? And Carisey's like, well, it doesn't mean she he doesn't love or trust you, and He's like, fuck, I was golfing at that time, and I'll never forgive myself. He says, think about her right now. Thank you, Creesy, Thank you Creesy. Think about her right now more than ever. She needs your support, right It's not really about yourself. So Benson is staring into the distance and Finn's like, you want me to do it? And she's like, is it any easier for you? So they go do a little knock knock Peter's big office. They spoke Sarah. He scoffs, I would say basically. Benson's like, Sarah said that you know, he rapes her and the husband wants to press charges. She's being more cold with him for sure, because you know the story is credible. And he says, you said you believed me, and she responds, while I also believe her, And if this was anybody else, you wouldn't you know, we wouldn't be having this convo. And he goes, wow, you're just gonna arrest me now, and Benson goes, well, I have to. And it's also like, you did this you asked for the investigations, like what it is you just thought it would be like whambam, you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But this is also so the SVU world of justice, where like something that happened twelve years ago, where there's kind of like no evidence of it at all. I hate to say it, but like, I don't think they would be arresting him. I think they'd be like, can we bring you in for questioning, can we get your side or whatever, like on the record. But I don't know if he would be arrested quite yet, just based off of a woman's accusation from twelve years ago in a different state and city. Yes, yes, yes that's true. He'd be extradited to Illinois, damn.
Speaker 2: So Finn is like, you should get a lawyer, and he goes, I am a lawyer, and it's like okay, semantics like you're not going to you know, you can't stop it.
Speaker 1: You need to call a lawyer. She's like, how do you want to do this?
Speaker 2: He stands out, grabs his jacket aggressively, and walks out the door. So we're at the next morning. Careesy walks into the precinct and lets Benson know that Stone been released to roar, and she's like, yeah, I've heard, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm like in charge.
Speaker 2: He asked that she's testifying, and she says, if she wants to stay married, she is weird.
Speaker 1: That's a weird comment, Like Gary will divorce her if she doesn't prosecute her rapist or testify. That's weird.
Speaker 2: He's acting like a baby, and she's like I hate this too, like stop being annoying or not the only one. And he's like, come on, can we give him the benefit of the doubt? And she goes what about her? Like what about what.
Speaker 1: She's going through?
Speaker 2: And she's like, I mean she feels guilty for going out and not reporting and do and like doing it during a rough patch, and so Crazy's like, well what do you mean rough patch? The husband said, they're like so madly in love. It's like both can be true. This was a while ago, they've been together. It seems like for a long time, like I don't know. Everyone just seems to like a chunk of their brain goes missing at every case, like where they forget everything else, Like yes, but yeah, but they they've poke a hole through this. Because he didn't mention they were having a rough pat that moment. Stone is at the bar and who's next to him. It's Gary not good, so he goes, hey, I'm Gary Kent and you know, and so then Peter goes, for what it's worth, I didn't know she was married.
Speaker 1: Terrible thing to say. He's like, hey, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: He's like, I didn't do anything to her, and then he's like, yeah, you know, all you ballplayers, that's just what you do. A different girl in every port. And then Stone tries to leave and Gary's like, come on, at least have a drink with me, and he starts reminiscing about college and meeting her, and he's just like, oh, I was staring at the back of her neck. Oh when you raped her? What did you see? Her neck? Was her hair up? And the bartender beard guy, the friend, he's like, hey yo yo yo, friend like chill out, chill out, and he stands up drunk, screaming and goes, oh cool, he played for the Cubs, and Peter goes nobody cares, and he screams, I cared this guy in a nice suit raped my wife. And the bartenders like relax, and then he goes okay, yeah, nobody cares about my problems, and Peter says, I'm gonna go. Gary takes out a gun, goes sit down and shut up, So Peter obviously has no choice. There is a gun, so he does sit down. Gary screams for everybody else to get out, and the whole bar empties quickly. Even his bearded friend sprints out of there, hops over the bar like.
Speaker 1: He's doing hurdles.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so he screams, that guy that raped my wife and I are gonna have a heart to heart. As he like empties the bar out, he drinks a beer while holding a gun kind of looks cool. Stone says I might be a dick, but I'm not a rapist, and he goes, okay, so what you're saying is the mother of my child just fucked you willingly. And he's like, well, I don't really remember, and he goes, of course you don't, just sad, nameless and faceless piece of ass, and Peter goes, I never said that, and he goes, she meant nothing to you, but she's a goddess.
Speaker 1: And it's like a really funny line read like I know it's serious. In the smith of a mental collapse, but it's just like really funny to me. But he cries, and then you know, when she agreed to marry me, I almost passed out. I was so happy and I couldn't protect her them, but I'm gonna do it now by making sure I serve eight years in prison. So Stone says, be smart, let the justice system work this out, and he goes that, fuck justice, I want revenge. He starts saying how he wants his daughter to feel safe without guys like him. But it's like, you are waving a gun at a bar, like I'm just this is the kind of guy you want your daughter to end up with. Like you're gonna lose some parental rights, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the phone rings, Stone's like, well, it's probably the cops. The sirens start blaring from outside, so we know things are getting moven. Stone's like, the last thing you want is a swat team bursting through that door. So he lets Stone answer the phone. Peter does it very slowly, and I love that they were both on our podcast, and then they're both in this intense scene.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, cool. I don't know if we talk to either of them about this one we.
Speaker 2: Talked about all of it because I think I brought up this goddess line because it's so humiliating and funny.
Speaker 4: Ha ha.
Speaker 2: But I also watched all these episodes. There's no way I didn't bring it up.
Speaker 1: But maybe we have. For Peter Stoney more focused on his thresome scenes, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well for the Kevin Kane episode, do you remember he talked about how his brother took a picture of the scene where he's holding a beer and a gun at somebody, and his brother texted that to him and said, this is you whenever somebody tries to leave a party early.
Speaker 1: Good one casey, I don't let you remember that. Hell yeah, oh my god, hell yah.
Speaker 2: So anyways, the phones gets answered and Benson's on the scene. Sarah and her daughter are there too. Benson meets them. Daughter says, my daddy would never hurt anybody. Honey, you got a lot to learn. So that I felt like I was shocked by the daughter.
Speaker 1: I didn't know they had one, Like, I didn't even I think when the daughter shows up there, I was like, did they like, did they did we see her before?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I knew about the daughter.
Speaker 2: I don't know why or how, but I've also saying that I can't tell you, Kara, like I've seen this episode so many like did I see it?
Speaker 1: Did I invent it? Did it happen? Did it not? I knew the daughter, I know it did the daughter shows up and I'm like they had like I thought it was a baby the whole time. So I was shocked at the age. And it Also she looks kind of like Apple Paltrow, Martin or whatever, Like she's like a really stunning, young, like.
Speaker 2: Social lite looking person. I would say, but who knows. She could be white trash, But I'm just saying she's kind of stunning, Like I feel like her mom's let's see who her parents are.
Speaker 1: I don't even Oh Carly Connors is her name. Oh yeah, she's very beautiful. Oh she was in The Goldfinch, which I never saw but I read the book. Oh okay, yeah, I don't know what that. Oh she only has two crowds, that's all she's done in the gold Bench. She's young, kitsy barber yep.
Speaker 2: Maybe oh no, she's where maybe she unts to college. But look at wait, what is that photo?
Speaker 1: Is that our brother? Like, oh, that's the Gold Finished premiere? Like those look like socialite children, you know what I mean. Yeah, oh, she follows. She's followed by Becca who was in the Book of Esther and Mike Doyle on Instagram, whoa cute Yeah, but she has a private profile. But yeah, almost ten thousand dollars should maybe be maybe get back into the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's all I understand you thinking like, wait, where did she come from? Because I thought it was a baby until we saw her. But also like, yeah, why is she here? Why are you bringing her to a gun shootout?
Speaker 1: Maybe like that maybe making a neighbor, a trusted friend we could leave her with back in Bushwick. It's just like crazy to bring the daughter as the dad is like waving a gun in the air. So the daughter is still like stand up for her today.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the Benson goes to the man in charge, and I don't I think he was an extra and was not allowed to speak because he only like nodded and shook his head and stuff from a distance. It's in his uniform, Like I think, yeah, they really tried hard to make sure they didn't pay this man. So Benson's like, this is his wife, his kid, We need to speak to him. The man hands over the phone. She calls him. She's crying. The phone rings. He's making Stone look at photos of them together on his phone, talking about how she's the reason he gets up in the morning.
Speaker 1: This mel this man is not doing well. I would say this man is not doing well. It's a bit much.
Speaker 2: And he's getting ready to shoot Stone. As the phone is ringing again, he answers it. Stone's like, hey, it's free.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: She's like it's Sarah, babe, and we'll get through this, but don't hurt anybody. Emma's here. She's like, Daddy, I love you. This is gonna weigh on her, you know, the responsibility of making sure the dad like comes out of the hostage situation. So he cries. He loves her too. He wants you know, he's sorry, He's sorry, but he says he has to go. She doesn't want him to hang up. He makes Stone hang the phone back up, and I don't think he yeah again, I don't think Emma should be here. Grat So Gary also is like, why is Emma here? Like me and Gary are on the same page here, and Stone is like, because they need you and love you and want to be with you, and he walks out, arms out, and Emma's screaming daddy, but he's like chill as fuck, calm in a flannel chill, arrest Sarah and Emma run away. Okay, you waited, you brought her and run away for the other direction. Benson watches them leave, and then Stone runs out and says like, oh, I'm okay. And Benson's at her desk. There's a snow globe on her desk, and I like that. Finn walks in. Gun wasn't loaded, so that's good. So I think that's a lesser charge if the gun's not loaded. Maybe maybe not. Yeah, probably he borrowed it from her friend. But Stone's not pressing charges. He's like that's a good guy whatever. And Finn's like okay, well.
Speaker 1: Like is that how it works? Can you just go into a bar and make everybody leave by brandishing a gun and then if Stone doesn't press charges, it's all good? Like I think he still gets like a weird Maybe there's other charges.
Speaker 2: I don't know, right, Yeah, if I was one of the people that was had to run out of the bar because there was a gun and I was traumatized, like maybe I'll press charges.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I press charges like why only? Yeah, criminal mischief something even like low grade. I don't even know what it would be. No, maybe something's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish we got to the bottom of it. So Benson says, you know, Stone asked for this Careesy runs in, he goes the Department of Health is online one okay. He also calls her Loo for lieutenant, and I'd never heard that, and I thought that was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was cute.
Speaker 2: And then Benson is shady, okay, so she asks for Emma's date of birth. So I don't know why, and you know what, like when she saw them on the scene and I could tell she was looking at them extra different. But like, I don't know why this all got together in Benson's mind. I've really it's that's why she gets that's why she's the lou because I didn't catch any of this at all. So so I guess the Dad's not the dad is what we're getting. And so now we're going to ruin Gary's life some more. This is a Will Sasso situation now where I'm like, oh Jesus Christ, like this man cannot handle anything else. So Benson is back with Sarah and they're chatting, and Benson's like, hey, you know, Emma was born eight and a half months after your assault, So what's going on, babe.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: Again I don't know how she connected it, but Sarah's like, we were trying so hard to have a baby. We were in a really bad place. She starts crying and Benson's like, chill out, like, just tell me what happened. So they were partying and a group went back to Peter's hotel room, and then her friend left, and when she woke up alone in the bed with Peter, her clothing was off and she wanted that night to disappear.
Speaker 1: And so she's crying.
Speaker 2: More than six six weeks later, a positive pregnancy test. She did not get a DNA test. She just loves Gary so much. He wanted a baby so bad she couldn't tell him again. It's like another man. It's like how everyone else is feeling and stuff. You know, I'm thinking about last week's episode and now it's like, I'm gonna make sure Gary is a good life and I'm going to be tortured with the secret and trauma for the rest of my life. It's just like it's so twisted and sad, and so she's like, I just couldn't tell him. I couldn't do it. So Benson goes, I believe you were assaulted. So now we cut to Benson and she's going to go talk to this bearded bartender guy from earlier, his friend and Kingle style hat. But they couldn't they didn't pay for the Kangle logo, so just the style and just the style. And Benson's like, well, if you say she consented that night, then you know, can you do that? And he's like purgery And she's like, well, I know, you guys cover for each other, and we obviously as an audience know immediately this is a mission because Ben and would never you know what I mean. So she's like, you know, you could just say you heard her consent before you left, and then you know he would have a fighting chance. But yeah, so then she plays into like what he obviously like she knows who he is. So she's like, oh, and in this day and age, without your fib, he's gonna lose. Think of all the ballplayers that have covered for you. And he agrees and says, yeah, sure, why the hell not? And Benson goes, thanks, that's a start, and you know, we're gonna wait also for the test, the DNA test, And he's like, wait, what test? What what are you talking about? And she's like, you know, the DNA test. I wish I had rhythms so I could do the Lizzo. I took a DNA.
Speaker 1: I just took a DNA test. Turns out Peterstone is one hundred percent. Maybe the father, I don't know, that could be fun.
Speaker 2: I liked her, I liked the riff. Okay, So then so then we see, you know, things are weird. But she goes, you know, we're just gonna make sure. Is he the dad of Sarah's daughter? And the time a spot on everything works the husband couldn't get her pregnant, and the dramatic music plays, and then the beard he gets what's happening. He's not that stupid, so then stares at Benson, leans back slowly. It's like he won a game of chess.
Speaker 1: I mean lost loss, obviously lost a game of chess, leans back slowly against the exposed brick wall, and he goes, you know, he says softly, and Benson says, I know what a guy who's willing to commit perjury in a rape case. Thinks about women boom, and she and he married someone, So like what he raped this woman and then married the other woman, the friend that she was with that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and did they not all see each other at the wedding? Like, I don't get what's happening.
Speaker 1: So and also Sarah also said that Stone started to get mean at the end. So did this guy like fucking drug everybody so that he could do whatever?
Speaker 3: Or what?
Speaker 1: Like? Why was Stone being? She was like, he was so nice, but then at the end he got different and he was jerk, but a jerky Yeah, but that doesn't mean full blow. Yeah, maybe he was just passing out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but so yeah, but you know, Peter Stone passed out, didn't he. Benson goes, she was so drunk she didn't know what was going on, so she arrests his ass. Reggie Griggs turn around, here's some new bracelets, bitch, and now it's daytime. We're on the water and Peter is met with Benson, who says that Reggie is taking a deal with the DA right now and the charges against Peter have been dropped. He says, it doesn't let him off the hook like it was his hotel room and it was his friend. But also in other great news, Gary is the father of the baby. Great news for Gary. He does not need that. No, I'm really happy. I think it would have meant a lot to him. He's hanging on by a thread. He honestly needs like a weekend in o Hi.
Speaker 1: He needs to get out.
Speaker 2: But she did think Peter was the father the whole time, like the So Sarah's free of it too, like they're free.
Speaker 1: Oh you think he would of like grabbed a piece of your daughter's hair when she was like three and figured it out earlier, just to know that you weren't raising your rapist's daughter, you know, and that it was. She didn't want to, she didn't watch. She also was too scared, too scared. Yeah, she wanted that night to disappear, Like didn't want to fucking think about it. And that would be really hard to confront actually if that was the case. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, uh, this affects Peter huge because you know, I don't know why so Benson apologizes for doubting it. I guess I know why So Benson apologizes for doubting it. Stone says, no way, don't that's why I work with you. When all the noise was coming up, there was a moment I doubted myself too.
Speaker 1: He's hot.
Speaker 2: He walks off, She stands at the water, Benson like looks into the distance.
Speaker 1: And that's stick Wolf Baby A season twenty gem from the Stone Chronicles. So there's two cases that are kicking around the internet as being based like the inspiration for this episode. And one is like sci fula con case which is one of the only college rape cases that's gone to court. But it's like it seemed really unrelated to this one, but it is interesting, and I wonder if there'll be another chance to cover it later because this guy was acquitted of rape at school, but then his college still kicked him out. Yale still kicked him out, and then I think he tried to sue Yale and the girl who accused him. He seems maybe like not a good person, but I don't know. I need to do more research on that, but it doesn't seem like it has anything to do with this one, and I really want to talk about the other one. So, oh my god, I want to talk to you about this. We're going back. This is once in a while we go back into pre nineteen hundred right wait, no way, Yeah, so this is an older, older crime. So this is Evelyn Nesbit. This is a famous fucking story. I've never heard it before.
Speaker 2: Wait, you know why I'm thinking of the Nesbits because that's the name in that SVU where like the brothers.
Speaker 1: Oh, Marilyn Nesbit, the one who doesn't feed her kids. That's so sick that I know that I know. But well that's what I thought of immediately as well. But why have we done that episode? I don't know if we've done it. No, we haven't waited based on anything. I don't know if it's based on the wet to look it up. We got to look it up. Okay. Yeah, but that's yeah, that is one to put right down. Okay. So this was the crime of the century when it happened. So let me just get into the history. So Evelyn Nesbit is considered the world's first supermodel. She started modeling it. J Dickinson would not want to hear that. She is pissed. You better watch out out. But she's like a Comfrey, She's like Evelyn Nesbit, shut up, you old bitch. Yeah. No, she was fourteen years old in eighteen ninety eight, just as his fashion photography was starting to take off, like people were starting to use photographs for advertising a lot more. And it used to just be like drawings, you know, like you'll see old like like drawings of like La Chete Noir and stuff like that, like that's kind of was the thing. But now people are starting to pose. And she was very good at like staying still and posing for a long time for photographs or paintings or whatever. So she becomes this big model. She quickly rises to prominence as a model, and she's very sought after. So then in nineteen oh one, when she's around sixteen, she becomes a chorus girl on Broadway and one of her castmates introduces her to Stanford White, who is a well known architect. He's like a very famous architect in Manhattan, and he's forty six years old. She's sixteen. Just a reminder, okay. So Stanford White invites Evelyn and her cast mate to his multi floor apartment on West twenty fourth Street, which at the time is right next door to the delivery entrance for Fao Schwartz, which is doesn't mean anything, it's just kind of a fun tidbit means a lot to me. Yeah, And so this guy is loaded multi floor apartment. She's really swept off of her feet by like everything that's going on there, like the lunch, the expensive furniture, like everything about him. He's he's pretty, he's high society, right, and he basically becomes her benefactor. He moves her, her brother, and her mother into a suite at the Wellington Hotel because I think previously her father had died and left them penniless, so they had moved to New York to try to The mom was trying to make it work as like a costumer or like a seamstress, and so now the daughter's becoming a model. This rich guy is like, I'm gonna pay for you guys like to move into this nice hotel. She he pays for the younger brother to go to a military school, and he talks the mom into taking a trip over to Pittsburgh to visit some friends, promising, don't worry, I'll make sure Evelyn is safe. But of course he is a predator. So Evelyn reports that later when her mother is this is very bad way. Yeah, It's like I was like, I'm surprised, I've never seen a movie or whatever based on this. It's like really crazy. So but there is, there are movies and like other things based on this character, this person, real life person. So while she's gone, you know, this guy has her over for dinner and champagne with him at his home. And the last thing she remembers is changing into a yellow kimono that White asked her to change into. When she woke up, she was naked. There was blood on the sheets, which she said meant that she had he had taken her virginity. And even though she did recount this incident to other people and described it as date rape. But then she eventually entered into a relationship with White, which we all know could have been for a million reasons, like he's rich and powerful, her family didn't have money, he's thirty years older than her. You know, this man probably could have ruined her life if she didn't like consent to what like was altily abuse. But like, they eventually became like quote unquote lovers, and as their relationship sort of fizzled out, she found out that he had many quote unquote affairs with minors, which he recorded all of these crimes in a Little Black Book. So I feel like that's we've touched on that in several episodes of Best View as well, Like this little freak guy is like constantly going after young girls. He's in his late forties, and he's recording all of it. So another little tidbit is that she had a much more age appropriate relationship with actor John Barrymore, grandfather of Drew, during this time when Barrymore was twenty and Evelyn was sixteen or seventeen, and White tried to keep them apart by sending her to boarding school. And at one point Barrymore proposed to Evelyn and she turned him down, maybe because she was too young, or maybe she didn't. I don't know. I don't know why, but apparently he describes Evelyn as his first love. He did later. So Evelyn eventually moves from chorus girl up to a starring role and was cast in a Broadway play called The wild Rose. And she eventually becomes involved with a guy named Harry Kendall Thaw, and he is the son of a Pittsburgh railroad baron, heir to a forty million dollar fortune well nineteen who so that's a lot right. Thaw had a long history of mental instability going back to his childhood. And he was a hot mess, and he had seen the wild Rose upwards of forty times before he even met Evelyn. So he's obsessed, right, and he hates White. He hates Stanford White, the architect, right. He thinks that White has.
Speaker 2: Sots, like it's like, I have no idea where this is going, like this is it's a wild.
Speaker 1: It's crazy White. He he thinks White stopped him from being welcomed into New York City high society. And he also knew that he was a womanizer who preyed on underage girl. So he like fucking hates this white guy. So it's some suspect that one of the reasons that thought even pursued Evelyn was because of her rumored relationship with White, which like not everyone is clear about, right, It's like, oh, benefactor, is something going on? Like no one you know, it's like not clear to a lot of people. Okay, So now it's nineteen oh three, Evelyn's about eighteen, She's at boarding school. She has to have an emergency appendectomy, which many speculate is an abortion. Perhaps John Barrymore's No one is sure. Thaw is very super protective of her and make sure she gets like top of the line medical treatment, like the best doctors. Right. He pressures her to go on this trip with him to Europe to help with her recovery. Her mother went along too, so that it wouldn't be like indecent or whatever. But then this motherfucker intentionally makes the schedule of travel insane, Like the pace of the travel is like so intense that eventually Evelyn and her mother start like fighting and being stressed out and going at each other until the mind like a villa, like what the fuck? Yeah, yeah, And he's one of these classic nineteen hundred 's morphine freaks, like he's addicted. He's got to get on addictions, you know, Like but he's loaded, so it's like no one's calling him just like a weirdo and a creep because he's loaded, and so he's allowed a certain amount of I don't know, you know so status. So basically he causes the mom and the daughter to fucking hate each other on this trip, and the mom decides I want to go back to the States, so they leave the mom's ass in London and thought takes Evelyn to Paris alone. And this is where he starts pressuring Evelyn to marry him. And but Evelyn knows this guy is like pious, like this guy's kind of weirdly freakishly religious or like all about purity, and he's gonna want a virgin bride. And she's like, and I'm not a virgin, like she knows she's not, and so she's resisting because yes, it's like so weird. It's like this guy is a weird He's on this weird more high horse, even though he's like a morphine addict and like does all this shit, you know what I mean, But women have to be a certain way. That's like his vibe, right, So and it gets more into how he feels about that. So she's like, oh my god, this guy wants like a virgin bride, Like that's not me. But he just pushes her and pushes her so much that eventually she just comes clean to him and tells him about the assault from White, that how he like date raped her, and then Thaw accuses her mother of being unfit, and like you know, he's he's upset when he hears about what happened from White, of course, because he also hates fucking white. So then they continue their European tour and in some point in Austria, Dash hungry it says, I don't know if at one point that was considered a place together. I'm not very good at geography. He takes her to a gothic Katzenstein castle where he locks is going on. He locks Evelyn in her room, beats her with a whip and sexualist over the period of over a two week period.
Speaker 2: What the fuck I mean? Obviously this wasn't a good news guy, but like, fuck.
Speaker 1: I know, and then Evelyn and then afterwards he apologizes, and something that I read was like and then he was pretty upbeat. I'm like, oh, he's pretty upbeat after he apologized for basically terrorizing and torturing a woman for two weeks. So when they get back to New York City, Evelyn tells some friends about what went down in Europe, and they're all like, oh, yeah, girl, that guy's nuts, Like everybody knows he's nuts. He's a morphine addict, he's unhinged, like everyone knows this. So now Evelyn is freaking out because she's kind of worried that if people know the full extent of her relationship with White, that no one will marry her, right, Like that's this old way of thinking that she's she thinks she's like damaged goods. But she's also pissed at White for letting her go because she's still kind of in touch with White, and she's like, why didn't you tell me what a Psychothaw was? Like you know who he is, Like, why didn't you tell me what a psycho this guy was? So then at some point her mom gets remarried, and if you thought she was a shitty mom before, well now she's just gone. Her mom's like out of the picture. So Thaw is continuing to pressure Evelyn into marriage and promised that once they get married, he'll be like a Benedictine monk if they get married, like and she finally agrees, and his family approves of the marriage as long as she gives up modeling, gives up acting, and doesn't talk about her past at all. Very cool. So they get married April fourth, nineteen oh five, and this bitch thinks she's going to be traveling and entertaining like a millionaire's wife. But it turns out Thaw is kind of like religious and like straight edge, like he's not about the party lifestyle, and he kind of he goes on this mission to expose White and all of his crimes as part of like these moral vigilance campaigns. Like this man is evil and you know, I mean this is like even before prohibition, like people were really on their guy. Yeah, but that he's an addict, so I don't even know if he's really putting things into perspective. What he does is not what she does. And you know, like he's all about having this like perfect like clean bride or whatever, like women or have to be this certain way. So he was paranoid not only that White had start had like kept him out of New York society, but also that he had hired a gang to kill him. Like he was paranoid obviously this man and what's just it's just something like this is I'm just sad, I know should in no way out. It kind of reminds me of the movie Poor Things, Like that's what I keep thinking about. Yeah, it was reminding me of like rumors I've heard about like young actresses getting sort of like passed around and like bad things happening to them, do you know what I mean? Like I feel like, that's what I was kind of thinking of too. But this guy, Thaw is obsessed with White and thinks about him all the time. It turns out White doesn't really think about Thaw that much. She doesn't really He goes, yeah, I think he's like a loser. He's like a peon. He's like not really a part of my life. He just does not really give that much like credence to this guy at all. So now it's June nineteen oh six. Oh and by the way, I don't know if I said this. After they got married, they basically moved back to the Pittsburgh area. So this Evelyn is like, I was a fucking actress and a hot model in New York City. I thought I was going to marry a millionaire and just start living a cool life. Now I have to move to Pittsburgh and my only companions are basically my mother in law, like Thaw's mom, who is like the matriarch of the family and like very sounds very bitchy and very controlling of her. So in June of nineteen oh six, Evelyn and Thaw stop in New York City before getting on a luxury liner to Europe for a vacation, so I guess they're traving a little bit, but maybe not as much as she'd like. Thaw gets some tickets to the premiere of Momzelle Champagne or maybe it's Mamzelle Champagne at the rooftop theater of Madison Square Garden, a building which, by the way, Stanford White designed. He designed Madison Square Garden. This man, what the fuck? Yes, So they go out to dinner pre show. Yeah, they go out to a little pre show dinner, and they happened to see White at the restaurant. And even though it's like June in New York City, it's hot, Thaw is wearing a long black overcoat over his suxceedo and he wouldn't take it off. So now it's eleven PM, the show is wrapping up, and for some reason, White walks in with like only a few minutes left at the show, and he sits down at like a table that is he probably his table's He designed the fucking building, So I guess table and Thaw approached him apparently a couple times, but then kept backing away. And then during the finale number called I Could Love a Million Girls, Thaw walks right up to White, pulls out a gun and shoots him in the face twice from two feet away, and then Thaw tells the crowd, I did it because he ruined my wife. He had it coming to him, advantage of the girl, and then abandon her. You'll never go out with that woman again. So this guy is off his rocker. So also because of differing witness accounts, some reports say that he said you ruined my life, and others heard him say you ruined my wife, but no one knows, so either way, I guess that's kind of where this connects into the SVU episode with the bar and the you know, you raped my wife or whatever. So some people in the theater thought it was a joke or like part of the show. But then it was very obvious, very quickly that White was very dead and that was arrested by the authorities. His trial was called the Trial of the Century. His mother, this crazy millionaire matriarch, did not want him to be classified or stigmatized as insane, so she urged his defense to pursue a temporary insanity plea which is apparently at the time was referred to as a brainstorm lol. Being temporary insanity was like, oh, got another one of my brainstorm. I thought she did want that. No, she wanted him to go under after temporary insanity. They didn't want him to be labeled like clinically insane and like you know, put away forever. Like she spent over five hundred thousand dollars in that time period on doctors to work up this defense that this murder was at one moment of insanity, even though there's a history of mental illness in the family, and there's a history of mental illness. Yeah, like in her family, the mother's family, many of her relatives have been you know, like she had mental illness, and so it's like, yes, your son just got that, you know, like, but instead they just threw money at the problems all the time. So the first trial was in nineteen oh seven Trial the Century. Evelyn testified and even detailed her assault by White, which she had not told anybody but Thaw. Apparently the press was horrible to her. Of course, many of them blamed her for this all happening, and that her mother like prostituted her by letting her like, you know, be with White and all this stuff. A lot of them were sympathetic to Thaw because they were like, wow, he was just defending his wife's honor, you know. So the lot of the press coverage was really fucked up. Like one article I read, I actually put it in my show notes, but like one of the articles I read is a true scan of a paper from that time, and it is wild. Like it's like it starts by describing her physically her weight and basically was like, I don't know, beautiful shock of hair, big eyes? Is that enough for getting the electricity? Is the electricity worth it? The electric shock? Like basically, is this bitch worth getting the electric chair for? Like, you know, they're just talking about her. Imagine like someone's testifying at a trial and you're like one hundred and three pounds, like you like list the weight in the article of the woman on the stand, Like that's the kind of time period we're dealing with here. So they're horrible, they're shitty. The jury this this trial was so sensationalized and people were so obsessed that the jury was sequestered. And this is the first time a jury has ever been sequestered in US history. This is the I literally googled what was the first trial to have sequestered jurors after I read this and it's like the murder of Stanford White. So this jury is sequestered, and after a three month trial and a forty seven hour deliberate deliberation, they are deadlocked. Seven of them say guilty, five say not guilty. This man shot a man at point blank practically range, in front of an audience of people, like multiple witnesses, and five people are like, I don't know, maybe it's not what we think like or whatever. Maybe it had to do with whether they were willing to do. I think it was probably whether they were believing that he was temporarily insane or not, because that's the plea that was actor. So that's probably actually what it was about. But they were deadlocked. Thaw was outraged, of course, that the jury didn't see what he did as an act of chivalry, Like what are you talking about? Like, I'm the hero in the story, right. The second trial happens in nineteen oh eight the following year, where he pleads temporary insanity again and he has found not guilty on those grounds, and he was sentenced to involuntary commitment for life in Mattawan State Hospital for the criminally insane in Venezua, New York. But isn't that what the mom didn't want? Yes, so, obviously, because he is beyond loaded, he gets a lot of perks and privileges at this place. And immediately from the moment he has put into this hospital, he's hiring a legal team and assigned all of them to get him declared sane, like that is their job. And it took a little while. It took so long that in nineteen thirteen, after five years in confinement, he escaped the hospital and bled to Canada. But he has caught and extradited back to the US. But two years later, in nineteen fifteen, he is released from custody after being judged sane. They did it, The doctors did it. He paid enough money. It's classic what we talk about all the time. So he had been confined at this mental hospital for seven years total for killing this man. Evelyn gave birth to a son in nineteen ten, Russell William Thaw in Berlin, Germany, and she has always claimed that it was that that was Thaw's biological child, conceived during a conjugal visit while he was at Mattawan Hospital for the State Hospital for the criminally insane in Beacon, New York, and Thaw denied paternity. He never would accept this child's paternity or as his own child. She divorced him in nineteen fifteen, the same year that the child was born, and she went on to do silent movies and some vaudeville. She had a tough run. I mean, like Thow's family basically cut her off. Like at first, they were still giving her money as long as she testified in like a favorable way for Thaw in the trials, then they would like give her these really sporadic payments, and she never knew where any money was coming from. And so, you know, and she was so infamous now, like the press hounded her. She eventually ended up marrying one of her vaudeville partners, but then they divorced because he couldn't handle being like mister Evelyn nesbit like, because she was so notorious. And then she tried to take her life at one point. But she did live until eighty two, and she died right here in southern California, and she's buried in Culver City. So that is the story of the murder of Stanford White by Harry Kendallshaw as a result of the rape of Evelyn Nesbit. I'm gonna be here for Halloween. I mean, I love this outfit. Yeah, it's at the National Gallery of Where of Canada. And like her mother never came back into her life. Really, her brother had come to see White as like a father figure because he sent him to military school and blah blah blah, so he thought she was lying. And like her brother didn't like come to her defense at all. And so this poor girl just like thrust into the limelight too young, and like do like forced to. It just makes me so sad the like trad or like backwards thinking women's movement, because it's like, yeah, it's just not a good life to be at the hands of these men. Yes, and like men who will do as I say, not as I do, you know, like they'll do whatever the fuck they want. And then she's got to be this like proper little flower.
Speaker 2: I love this photo of her. Damn crazy. Wait what are these guys' names again? I want to see what they look like.
Speaker 1: Oh, Stanford White, Oh my god, it's like mustachio looks like a classic guy from like this time. Very cotic. Okay, what's then, Harry Kendall Thaw, Yeah, Pittsburgh Cole and.
Speaker 2: I love the photo of him having like a white linen table, gorgeous dinner and like the prison behind bars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's crazy. Lots of perks. I mean, it looks like he has crystal like one of the pictures in front of him looks crystal like. It's nuts. So even if he hadn't been able to pay his way out of the insane asylum, I think even when he was in the insane asylum, he got tons of perks and was probably living better than most people in there. But that is that on that and that is cinematic. I am shock No one's like done anything with that. I mean there's like I was looking at, like, you know, her thing of like what her portrayal in the media has been Like, There's been characters like there was a character on Boardwalk Empire that was loosely based on her. There's been movies and books that like, oh yeah, I guess in the historical novel rag Time, which is I believe is what the musical rag Time is based on, they refer to murder and the resulting fame for ansbit she's a main character in Ragtime. Whoa but oh yeah, she's played by.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Why couldn't she just like live on her own with this career? Did she not get paid? Like are you just can't be a single woman even if you have a career in the arts, Like fuck, I don't.
Speaker 1: Even know she was allowed to have a bank account. We could only get credit cards in nineteen seventy or something, so like I wonder if it was just like no choice. Yeah, she just was so worried about being branded as like like untouchable. But from what happened with White that she just married this other psycho and then I guess her problem kind of got solved after that because one killed the other one. But then she got nothing like out of that, really, you know. So yeah, it's crazy. This is like this is a really nuts story. But I had not heard really anything about it. So oh I watched this online and it was this guy and he's like, you know, we was like, oh, why so much violence? Violence?
Speaker 2: And he goes, Caine killed Abel. He's like like the third guy killed the fourth guy. So like murder has been around since, like it could they couldn't even make it to four guys or five guys.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. Yeah, And I thought that was like funny or sad, whatever you want to I don't know. Well, yeah, and it's just kind of like this guy was just like carrying a gun and taking him to the show like you you obviously planned this out. It was like pre meditated. He didn't just like run into him in New York.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So money always buys whatever you want. And don't trust a man. And definitely not a morphine addict. Not a morphine no. But we have a guest, so don't go anywhere. Our guest today is an actor that I know, I remember from classic films like Father of the Bride and Adventures in Babysitting, not to mention it takes two. He also had recurring roles on the show Scandal and Designing Women. Excuse me, iconic or you might recognize his voice because he is the longest running animated Superman voice actor. But you know him today as one of Rollin's baby daddies, Doctor Al Pollock. Please enjoy our chat with George Newborn. Hi, Jay, Hello, Hello, how are nice to meet you? Well, you know you're the number one fuck boy in s FU history. Thrilled here.
Speaker 2: It's really rare to see a doctor fuck boy out in the well representation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are out there.
Speaker 1: Apparently he did a great job. Yeah, how did this? How did this?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: When you first did this role, did you think it was just gonna be like one episode or did you always know it was going to be this like longer love interest thing with Kelly Giddish.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I knew, well, I I got I got the offer. It's it's one of those rare, rare jobs that I didn't have to audition, which is just like never happens. But I knew and had worked and done a series for Michael Chernichen, who was I guess the showrunner at the time on the show. I think he was had done it for several years and then stopped thinking back and back and forth.
Speaker 4: But but yeah, so he said, hey, come you want to come be a love interest of this character? And I said, sure, man, And I thought it was gonna be one or two, and I guess it turned into four, and and then I kept thinking, hey, maybe it's like he'd know, and the teams for Driver said, I don't worry, he's not gonna last. He's like, well, wait wait what Yeah, no, no, no, because she's too she's too big of a deal with the other the lead characters.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, oh ship.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I could see you coming back needing something from the squad yeah yeah, or or you're involved like the patient.
Speaker 4: Something, there's a baby.
Speaker 1: That's what I don't understand that. I don't understand why you haven't come back for like a little bit of like, uh, I want to spend time with my daughter kind.
Speaker 4: Of, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, busy and he's busy making the round.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Do you is your character independently wealthy or doctor rich and they're just cops?
Speaker 6: I think, you know, I think that maybe he's just done okay as being a doctor.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with that. Okay.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been at a restaurant and ordered like all the dessert or everything on the menu.
Speaker 1: Do you have any personal life? What's your big flashy restaurant moment?
Speaker 4: What's my thing flashy?
Speaker 6: You know our flashy restaurants we go to here in Eli's three Months, which we love like to sit, like to sit at the counter and watch Nancy Silverton come in and you know, you know, place that you know, compose the plates and stuff and yeah.
Speaker 4: Great one. I love it, love it, love it, love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, we ordered just lots of matsa rollan, not a lot of dessert.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite things about this episode is that there's a cut scene where you I don't know if you remember this, because I don't know if you watch the episodes of like What you Do after you do that? I did.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I do and don't, but I did watch these.
Speaker 1: You're busier, you do want a scene of you giving the heimlick to a little girl while you're in the restaurant with Kelly Yiddish and girl like, it's so funny because like it's on YouTube and yeah, you just like pop it out real quick and then the little girls like thank you, and then you just go back to your seat.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I kind of forgot about that.
Speaker 6: I was just trying to humanize him, right because he was sort of a dish right for she's kind of mean and cheetah, and then he's like just to show hey, I'm a good guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah I remember that. It was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, is your character and scandal because like to me, you're like, to me, you're like Father of the Bride, You're all these like I watched all these movies you were in, like even It Takes Two. That's back when I was looking at your see that what I was when I was a kid that was on TV all the time, Like I see like I want like Adventures of babysitting. Like you seem like you always played kind of like the nice guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I don't know, like I don't know what your character in Scandal is because I'm sorry, I never I'm just like.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you. I played an assassin. He was a really bad guy. Yeah, it was a cool part. It's one of the coolest parts I've ever gotten to. So he was assassin, but he got to be funny and I kind of ended up with a girl at the end that stayed on in seven years.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 6: It was a great It was a great part, really interesting character. But he killed a lot of people, tortured with a lot of people.
Speaker 1: And you got to do all those scenes.
Speaker 4: I got to do all that stuff. Yeah, man, it was. It was one.
Speaker 6: It was actually I got hired as a guest star and I did one episode and then three episodes later, I get on another and another, and then my character kind of became like this all purpose hit man for all the people who were doing all these shitty things on the show. And I got to just keep going. And I said, well, how am I going to stay on this when I getting killed? And I said, I got it. I gotta be funny, I gotta do something. So I kind of would try to insert little things that made me as appealing as possible for bad guys. So so I was so as I managed, with some help from some writer.
Speaker 4: Friends, to stay on the show. I went to I went to that job.
Speaker 6: There were four times where I was dead in the morning and by the afternoon they'd kept me alive on on four different emicods.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I was. I would sweat every time i'd go to the table.
Speaker 1: You have done like you've done. You've been working for a long time and you've done all these procedurals. But is this little arc as Al Pollock like the first Dick Wolf Universe thing you ever did?
Speaker 4: Uh? Hold on, let me think.
Speaker 1: Because I went through your IMDb and like, I didn't see any other law and orders or any fires or meds.
Speaker 4: No, wait, hold on, I didn't do the fires or meds. I did.
Speaker 6: I did all the uh, shoot, what's what's the thing with Billy Peterson?
Speaker 4: All the not csize csize. I did all the CSI and then I did look, I did, I did s for you. I don't think I didn't know.
Speaker 1: You got some cold cases Boston.
Speaker 4: There's about two years there.
Speaker 6: I was the purp on every show for two years, and uh, and then it stopped and then.
Speaker 1: You know, uh, but you have like nice sky face, so you're not the first person that people think exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody, everybody's going to go through that cycle and you come out the other. Yeah. I've been doing it a long time, so it's I've been I've been really lucky.
Speaker 6: It's been a little slow these last couple of years, boys, since the stay at home and the strikes, strike and stuff. Man, it is, it's glacially slow. At the moment it comes wrong, it'll come wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've I mean you've done like that, you've read. Yes, you do a lot of voiceover.
Speaker 4: I do a lot of voiceover. I mean I gotta stay busy. You gotta stay busy, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you do you have any like stuff of your of Superman? Like, did you get any cool. What are they called where it's clear like the film with the drawings.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, how did I do? I have a company?
Speaker 1: I think like animation cells, cells.
Speaker 4: Some animation cells. I have drawings.
Speaker 6: I have some drawings from the animators that that just drew stuff for me. I don't have any original cells from the shows. But I'm the longest running Superman uh in in history.
Speaker 4: Actually, I've just.
Speaker 6: Been doing it for almost twenty twenty years, from from all the from all the animated shows, the games, and the one off movies. I mean there's been there have been another. There's another Superman super in between.
Speaker 1: Christopher Reeve, the newer guy. Horn Sweat's the new guy.
Speaker 4: Oh he's great. I just need any animation.
Speaker 1: Animation Hanry Cavils, the guy was trying to think of no.
Speaker 6: No no in the animated world and the longest running you know, yeah, I've been sucked.
Speaker 4: You know, I've been like you to do that games and movies and.
Speaker 1: And then you've narrated over five hundred audiobooks.
Speaker 6: It's six hundred at this point.
Speaker 4: I've been there today.
Speaker 6: I've been in the booth right spent four feet for me right now, But in there I got to go back in when we finish.
Speaker 1: You know, do you ever are you ever narrating an audiobook and you're like, this book is bad?
Speaker 6: Oh all about more than half the time. More than half the time. Oh yeah, yeah. But it's what's great about it is that it for for for me, I've just been really fortunate.
Speaker 4: You don't have to have an agent, you don't have to wait.
Speaker 6: You have direct relationships with publishers, so I reach out to them and I have conversations with the authors and the publishers.
Speaker 4: There's no it's it's not a show quote unquote show business job.
Speaker 6: It's more like a like a one man it's like a stand up or a one one man performance piece every time because you're recording, you're directing yourself, you're engineering yourself, you're performing it. You're you know, there's some technical aspects to this on the computer, but it's solitary. But it's a union job, which is great. So it's it's it's great to stay I can stay busy in between jobs.
Speaker 4: So it's wonderful. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Unfortunately it has been a really long stretch of his last batch. But but uh, but it's good. It's it's really hard, hard, hard on the heart of my voice because I'm I'm talking for six hours a day non stop, you know, and and it's really hard, but it's keeps your brain active, you know, it's you know, stimulating, and it's.
Speaker 4: Like you have to be like an athlete.
Speaker 6: You know, you're you're breathing and you're all of all the rest of it.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's definitely disciplined. You know.
Speaker 1: Do you have to read the book or how many times before you report it?
Speaker 4: My good god, how could you? I don't know. I mean, I'm telling you, I got a four hundred page book.
Speaker 6: I can't possibly read the four hundred page book and then reread the I mean.
Speaker 4: There's there's not enough time.
Speaker 6: So you kind of you know, you you scan it, you do the do the prep work for it. If it's a fiction, you know, you got to stand all the one one one of the science fiction things. I had two hundred characters and I have to sketch it out on a notebook and as a you know, who are the main ones, who's you know, who speaks the most and where are they from? Do they assign accents to it? You can reference this stuff. They're a program I've got on my computer, but uh, you have to do the prep work. But as I'm reading, and I'm generally reading it, you know, for the first time.
Speaker 4: Sense like you know, he's a British guy. It got like that. You know, you don't go crazy all the time. You not just sort of give it a you give.
Speaker 6: A hint of it unless it's is super pronounced, because otherwise it takes the listener out of the book, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if they're Brits, they know there's like so many regional accents they'll know they're wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And you know, I'm sure that I've got about four British accents.
Speaker 4: Uh, and they're like hundreds of them.
Speaker 1: But you know, George, you mentioned being from the South, and you know, I mean I was looking up your your bio and in this age of NEPO babies, you seem like you just came from like a pretty non Hollywood family in Arkansas. So then it was like the next step was northwestern and then starting to act or like how did you did you do theater in Chicago?
Speaker 4: For I did?
Speaker 6: I did children's theater out of Little Rock, Arkansas, I believe it or not, Since I was thirteenth, I was I was doing tons of musicals in Arkansas, and I was did a couple of musical tours that actually came to New York. I spent some time in the child Was Theater in Minneapolis when I was fourteen. I would spend a semester up in Minneapolis. But uh, and then I went to Northwestern and did a ton of shows at school, and I thought, I was, I did you know stuff in Equity theaters in Chicago at the time, and I thought it was going to end up in New York. But I auditioned for this this movie, and I got flown out to la when I was a junior in college, and it was Back to the Future and I got down to the very end of that thing between right before Eric Stilts got hired and I did. I did a twelve hour screen test with everybody. The whole cast had been cast, they built the sets and everything, and I just left my you know, my theater class at school. I got on an airplane, came out there, and what the hell is this? So I kind of that event for me. I got so close to it and it was really really fun. But that experience sort of said we maybe don't go to New York.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe go to LA. And so then I went up to LA when I graduating.
Speaker 1: And are your kids in the arts?
Speaker 5: None?
Speaker 4: They want nothing to do with it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: My oldest is a she's a works for social media for a restaurant group and does events.
Speaker 4: She's she's she had a design degree. My middle girl worked for the New York Times for five years. She lives in London with her boyfriend.
Speaker 6: And my youngest it lives in Chicago and he's in commercial real estate. They don't want anything to do. They saw how hard it was with two hours growing. It was it's it's a bitch. It's fun, it's really fun, but you know, if you want to have like have a family and raise kids and stuff, it's just it was hard then. I can't imagine how how it is now because it could change, you know, dramatically.
Speaker 1: So how did it end up where you became Julius sugar Baker's son, because that's like really out of this world.
Speaker 6: A huge Carter fan, that's crazy. So I was when I was a senior in high school. They came this TV movie came to Arkansas to shoot the Teve movie, and I auditioned and I got a part because the producer was a football coach, Harry Thomas and who was married to Lynda Bloodwork thomasin he was a football coach turned producer and just moved to LA and he had seen me as a kid and children's theater. So hey come out in nodiciably. So yeah, I got my SAG card Mi union card. Was a senior in high school. And then when I came out to LA after college, this is you know whatever. Six years later, my first audition was for Designing Women and I walked in the room and Harry goes hey, I said, we called you and do you remember from Blue Ragams? Oh my god of courseriy. So anyway, so I auditioned and I got that part. So and I knew I'm close to to Harry and Lindon, that whole group and Annie Potts and I miss Dixie terribly, terrible, terrible loss.
Speaker 4: But She's was a beautiful woman, wonder wonderful.
Speaker 1: Person, gone too soon. I mean I was so obsessed with her, like I love her.
Speaker 4: She was life force man, she was something.
Speaker 1: Yeah like later she came later, she was on Desperate Housewives when it was and I was like, she is just like the best. Annie Potts is a recurring SVU legend as well.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, yeah, I don't. I don't know. You know, you guys watched all that. I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't watch them. I watch all those proceduals that much. I know they're super popular. I have the attention span of the squirrel.
Speaker 1: Can people recognize you?
Speaker 2: Because these are all shows with such big fandoms? Do you ever get like What's in the Street?
Speaker 6: I do a lot of cop I do a lot of comic cons for the voice of Superman in this other video game character.
Speaker 4: So so the last six years I got to a lot of com cons.
Speaker 6: So come to my table, and a lot of people do know me from the SPU thing.
Speaker 4: And then it was only four episodes. I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but well you're it's a love interest of one of the detectives. It's not like you're some Lucy goosey criminal. You're in there and you did her.
Speaker 4: Dirty Kelly So Kelly Kelly. Yeah, so Kelly left the show and now she's back on run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she didn't leave. She definitely was contentious. It was like what happened to Maloney after twelve years, they didn't want to pay her, so then they fired her and then I think the fandom was livid.
Speaker 1: So then and.
Speaker 2: She's still with Caresi, who Peter Scanavino, So that was weird. So they made her a professor and then now they like use her for help, but they can't afford her and Iced Tea right now. So this season they're both kind of part.
Speaker 4: Time interesting, interesting and kept up.
Speaker 2: So well, yeah, that would be crazy if you did, but Ice See says he's keeping busy anyways, you know he'll do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the bag after like ca Scale, I don't know if it can like handle, like when someone like Iced Tea has been on a show for like twenty seven years. It's the longest running show, so like both him and then Kelly Ginnish probably also are like expensive in terms of like sure.
Speaker 2: But we interviewed her right after that moment and we felt like we got an exclusive and it felt like she was pissed, so we're happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well that's good and.
Speaker 1: Sure like residuals forever. But was there yeah, like overall working on the SVU set, like any little tidbits, any little fun things that happened, we just you know, our viewers love the inside school.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I've known Mauritia for thirty years. Oh yeah, just as an actress, you know, banging around Los Angeles. And she's good friends with other good friends of mine h from their college years. And one of the guys actually dated her for a minute.
Speaker 4: And she and I.
Speaker 6: Tested for she Shut together at CBS once and neither one of us got it, although we were, oh, no, this is yours to lose, and we go, okay, let's go.
Speaker 4: We going to get both of us bumps. But but she's it's been. It's really fun to watch to have watched her own sort of evolve on the show and it being such a big hit, and for being a spokesman and and all for all these things, and uh, it's it's it's pretty impressive and unbelievable that that show is on for so long. No show has stay on that long, you know. Crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she really did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's she's she's a good one.
Speaker 1: What it's coming up for you?
Speaker 6: Well, I did a movie a year and a half ago called A Prince with I'm Sorry, Andy Garcia, JK. Simmons, Nicholas Cage and who else is in it. Gunning Scott Hayes, He's is the lead of it. What's it called The Prince? And David Mammont wrote it. David Mammont wrote it.
Speaker 4: So it's so it's good good pedigree. Script is really good. It hasn't gotten released, it hasn't gotten distribution as far as I know, So I don't.
Speaker 6: Have a big part of it, but I have a smaller part. But that's the last bigger thing I did, and the rest of it. I've been doing video games and narration. And you know, I'm also on an olive farmer. We have a farm.
Speaker 1: I know. I was gonna ask you about this in you have this olive oil? You are busy?
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: So many things?
Speaker 4: What listen, What are you gonna do is sit on your butt all day? I can't. I gotta do something.
Speaker 1: So you're making olive oil.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have four hundred trees that we planted, and I'm kind of the I kind of do it all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got We've got eight different varietals.
Speaker 1: And how'd you get into it?
Speaker 6: We we had we built this house in the wine country north of Santa Barbara about twenty years ago, and we put some smaller, all the trees around the house, and then they got really big and they started throwing off all these islands. And about five years ago it's like, what, you know, we do something of this And yeah, then I kind of got into I got massively into it, and then it just we started planting and planting and planting plenty.
Speaker 4: So uh, we have a farm now and it's really beautiful.
Speaker 1: And the olive oil is called hands right.
Speaker 6: Ten hands hands, and it's the quality is insane, it's so good. We only made three hundred bttles this year and I'm well, we haven't. We are not good with the distribution part of this. We have a website, but we when we get more to sell, we will put it on the website because they sell really quickly.
Speaker 4: When I mentioned it, it just just goes. So but when we have more to sell.
Speaker 1: I'm on the site. Okay, I'm ready, Yeah, yeah, We're all just.
Speaker 6: We sell it locally. We sell it locally, you know, folks. So yeah, you'll love it. You'll love it when you got it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like something that needs to go into Arawan, you know what I mean. Just charge like one hundred and fifty dollars a bottle.
Speaker 4: Jeez, I my daughter. Still that wasn't I understand that?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: I have to ask about Father of the Bride too, Yeah, obviously, Yeah, like the Father of the Bride was that like that movie just feels maybe it was like the age I was when it came out. It was just like such a big movie to me, you know. And it's on Delta. You can watch it anytime you want on a flight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's a great movie. You know, it's just a great movie. Both both of them are really good. It's just I've done a lot of stinkers, but then a lot of kind of classic ones, which is fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you know, do.
Speaker 1: People ever come up to you and go, you know, twenty two is a little bit young for Annie to be getting married.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I get I get it all the time in the airport, man, people you know, people in LA don't come up to me when I when I travel.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like suddenly, like why are people well, oh oh that's right.
Speaker 6: I guess usually Fathered Bride had been on a loop or something or scandal was just recently honestly, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just sit in my booth all day and I don't I don't ever see people.
Speaker 1: And you're in the booth after this, you're just in there in the booth. Do you keep in touch with all your old scandal pals.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 6: We have a really big text chain on what's happened, Probably talked three.
Speaker 4: Times a week.
Speaker 1: Nice. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: That's a great group.
Speaker 1: I love crushing it. I also am just still thinking, how like this movie with Nicholas Cage can't get distribution, Like what the fuck? Like it's David Mammott, like, let us watch it, we want it.
Speaker 4: Well I don't. I don't know that it can't get distribution.
Speaker 6: I don't know if if it's the right distribution, you know, I mean, and maybe waiting for a special deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I want to watch this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need too. I want to see it.
Speaker 1: I want to see it a satirical drama exploring the life of a troubled son within a powerful American dynasty, like I want Beverly friend of the Pod also on sv Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really glad that you came and did this. And I'm just think because the fact that you talk all day to give us some extra talking, we feel You're welcome.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. I have throat coat and pineapple juice.
Speaker 1: Wait, pineapple juice a thing? Tell us more? Wait, no, give us we're a stand away. We talk a lot too, ye will you be a secret constantly voice?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: So you start out in the morning or earlier in the day with throat warm tea, which is throat coat. Yeah, and then first you want to hydrate. You want to drink a couple of guys of water.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm out.
Speaker 6: Then start with throat coat, and then as the day goes on, you want to cool it down and maybe throw a little ice in there, and then then start adding pineapple juice to the throat coat. And then the pineapple juice is is it's an enzyme coach your throat.
Speaker 1: Wow, pineapple juice okay, into the throat coat, iced, and then it probably tastes good.
Speaker 4: It tastes great, it tastes great. Yeah, there you go. Pineapple juice is the key.
Speaker 1: Pineapple juice like ten people. So I'm excited. Oh oh my god. Okay, that was really fun.
Speaker 2: But something did just come into my brain and I'd like to discuss someone Yesterday was like who's your favorite NEPO And so we were like talking and I finally was like, oh, Marishka, like Marishka would be my favorite NEPO. That's like it should have come to me faster. And then this person said, Juli Louis Dreyfus. I go, she's just rich it's not NEPO, and they go, no, Richard Dreyfus is the father.
Speaker 1: I go, no, no, and he was just so sure and then of course wrong and embarrassed. I go, thank god it happened here.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm a safe space, like I'm glad it happened in front of me and I can just like correct you and move on.
Speaker 1: But you would be humiliated in life. They're like fourteen years apart. Maybe, Yeah, I was gonna say, they're like I'm looking up their ages right now, and I'm like, that's not even. They're thirteen years apart from each other in age, so it's not impossible, but it's not. No, Yeah, I think I thought that when I was like ten years old, like Seinfeld was first on, I was like, she must be related to Richard Drevis. Their names are also spelt differently. Y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it is you know, embarrassing things happen and it's good that I'm a safe space. Yeah yeah, but also just so sure to my face and I'm like, I I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 1: It's just like you're just wrong. I thought they were gonna argue with you on the on whether it is kind of NEPO to just be the child of like people with billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: That's definitely a thing. But like in the discussion we, like I was having in my head, it's like, what are the industry people you know, Like, because I don't I respect NEPO, I think more than billionaire.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean cause it's all like related. It's like you're getting a leg up. Like a billionaire still knows a producer in Hollywood to call to get you an audition, you know what I mean, Like even if they are in finance, they still know these people. Like it's all you know, Like Lena Dunham's parents like one of them, Like she's always considered this hugepo and like aren't they Like if your mom's a fine artist, that's a famous fine artist, but you become an actor writer? Is that NEPO?
Speaker 2: Like, so someone we probably have talked about it on this I watched an interview. This isn't like an original take, but she was just saying, like with in terms of Lena Dunnam, where it's like both your parents are fine artists, like just knowing culture, just being able to go to stuff like knowing like when when the nepos go, my dad was just like a DP and it's like most people don't know that that's a job, yeah, you know, or that you could build a set, Like most people don't know these jobs even exist. It's like even living in New York City, like being proximity to culture and understanding your parents being super educated, Like there are just things that it's it's.
Speaker 1: A good thing.
Speaker 2: It's not like you deserve less, but it's just like not understanding that.
Speaker 1: It's kind of when I talk to the lions Gate guy who was like, well, everyone gets help, and I'm like, no, some people are in foster care, Like what are you talking about. So it's this idea because I think about it all the time when my immigrant parents like they don't they didn't know anything, Like I truly had to figure everything out. People are like why'd you go to Iowa for college?
Speaker 2: I go because I was seventeen and trusted to my own decisions and had no one telling me otherwise, Like no one like they and what they were telling me irrelevant to my life, like they were teaching me where it's just like, yeah, it's nonsense. It's the rich dad, poor dad.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: It's like if you know how to invest her, I have stocks as a kid, like all of those things. Like if your parents are super educator in the art world in New York City and you get to go to parties or their friends with writers and directors and you go to school with Martin Scorsese's daughter, Yeah, that's a different fucking life.
Speaker 1: I kind of like talking to George Nubern today because I thought it was interesting how he was literally grew up in like little Rock, Arkansas.
Speaker 2: With I always tell people, Miname, I'm so grateful to my high school theater teacher, Like I am aware enough to be like I had the best education and that's why I know things because I got to like work at a costume shop in high school and know what a black box theater is, you know what I mean? Like that is also huge, Like some people don't even have arts at their high school so I don't know. I just like don't know why people don't practice gratitude. But yeah, bring it back to George.
Speaker 1: He's great.
Speaker 2: I can't see him as like I only see him from Father of the Bride. Even looking at him now at his face, I just like see a young little guy, like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know, it's like I gotta watch Scandal that he was an assassin, Like that's so wild. But he was lovely to talk to and I love that he's just reading these fucking books. Yeah book.
Speaker 2: I've done three voiceover auditions that I usually wouldn't do because I was like, oh, okay, I want to be I like this George.
Speaker 1: I like what George is up to. Oh yeah, voiceover is the best I know.
Speaker 2: But my thing is like I'm not going to like competing with people that are actually do this, like you either have to want me or not, Like I am not putting on a voice or not.
Speaker 1: Like it's either you want me or not. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: So and I've been specific voice yeah yeah, So I've been kind of like neglectful about that, and now because of George, I've submitted a bunch.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm always learning from our guests. You're always yeah, You're like keep taking note. You should, like we should write a book that's like what we learned from our guests.
Speaker 2: Because I actually think about it all the time. I have because I have fit conversations with myself because I'm alone most of the time.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: Like I was saying about favorite guests, and like Kelly Who, I still think about all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think about how she like sent out those cards car Like people had to freaking hustle so hard at the beginning of their careers back in the day, and you still do, but like you hustle in a different way. You like hustle to get followers.
Speaker 2: Now it feels just like yeah, taking out ads and variety and running around and like then like her getting the maxim sexy cover and then them being like, no, we don't want people to think it's Asian yah, and like we want a white person with you, and she fought for it, and then her cover was the most high selling cover ever in history. And it's just like thinking about Kelly Who, and then sorry, thinking about like Hudson williams Now and all of this is just like I don't know, it's time has gone. It's it's cool to see things be better so much as bad or not moving. So it's just cool to see that they wouldn't even put her on the cover of a magazine. And now it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, yeah, I think I think about Kelly Who a lot. Well, you know I've been thinking about a lot. Is Evelyn fucking Nesbit the subject of this true crime that we did today, And damn, what a freaking story. I mean, fuck so wild and I don't know, like it's like I want to do some kind of post mortem. Here's what I learned, But it's like, I don't know. She was like a fourteen year old model in the city with like no one else. You know, you know what you learned that is important? Yeah, yes, that's what you learn from when like these kinds of satuations after bad man but needed them for financial game. I mean it's just like any tale about a woman reminds you why all women need to be protected at all times. Yeah, And like even her own brother was like, I love this guy. He sent me to military school because like, you know, he doesn't know anybody. He just knows who's helping him. Wait, I know I'm late to the game. Do you know you know Hassan Piker. Yeah, he's like so hot. So well, because Caleb just did his.
Speaker 2: Pods so that's so now he's in my feed because Caleb. I'm a Caleb because I'm a Caleb fanatic. And then Caleb talked about being on Hassan show, like on less culture, so whatever. So now and all his friends are in my feed and I'm like, whoa, where's the famous obviously well known.
Speaker 1: I got to watch this episode because that sounds like a meeting of the minds. Yeah, it was really fun. And actually just like I've been watching his onpiker clips for a long time, but I just you just realized how hot he is. No, no, I just looked him up and like got his like found out a little bit more about his like history, like that he's like this twitch guy and he said some problematic shit in the past, but now he's like mostly good and progressive and not saying slurs and uh, and he's got good people on and I just like whenever he's on like Pierce Morgan or whatever, he's just like fucking owning everybody and it's very good. He's very good. Yeah, I'm new to him. I like it. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I brought him up. No, hey, you know what, never too late to bring up a crush on on the old TMU.
Speaker 2: I have a question, not really what are those shirts cat like Louis Luis, Like, what's that style?
Speaker 1: Like I would say they're like the Ampers shirts, like, because that's what those the Amber sam But like, I don't really know what that's called. I guess the first company to do that was a design company in Amsterdam did it with the Beatles in two thousand and one. Somebody made a shirt that's ampersand and ambersand and amber sand and amber sand in period. So that's very meta. All right, let's get going onto our what would sisterpeg Do, which is our weekly segment where we direct you to an article, a book, a doc, an organization, something to give you more info about what we talked about today. And this week, I wanted to just point you guys to this short doc on YouTube I found called The Tragic Life of Evelyn Nesbitt, the Murder that Shocked America. This is a dock on the Stories through Time YouTube channel. It's a little under an hour. If you wanted to put more faces to the names and get some more details over the crime that we covered. You can head over to the link in our show notes and we always post that in our stories the day the episode comes out, and then we save all those stories in a highlight on our Instagram page called WWSPD, and our instagram is That's Messed Up Pod. Go on over there and follow for homework and other little SVU memes. Somebody with Somebody sent us yesterday the little Hello Kitty SVU meme that was really funny. Thank you, I Feel Sharon memes over there, Get on over I Feel Connected to Humanity memes. They connect us all. And next week we will be doing constricted. Wow, old school, old school stuff. Constriction.
Speaker 2: But it's season twenty six, episode four. Also, we didn't even talk about Melissa McCarthy. Next week, next week, next week. That's Messed Up as an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email at That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com. Listen to That's Messed Up on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at Glitter Cheese. As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and.
Speaker 1: To our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner, and to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly gen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia Hardstart, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer, and everybody at Exactly Right Media.
Speaker 3: Dun dun