Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of mcfrindles. Oh, because we're gonna be talking about McDonald's today.
Speaker 2: All McDonald's episode brought to you by McDonald's.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna like this one, but they just said, we don't care as long as it's about.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: My name is Jacko Brand. That over there is mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and.
Speaker 4: To you six, to you, my good man.
Speaker 1: We're wearing our Viking helmets in honor of what was that guy's name.
Speaker 3: Seaman Qushu Shaman as the cue as I called, yo, it's the cue, dude, what's up?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 4: I thought that I thought you were an in jail dog.
Speaker 5: You got out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they wouldn't give me a vegan meals in jail, gluten free meals, so I was I felt discriminated against, you know all.
Speaker 2: I think it was something really specific, like he's like, I don't know anyway.
Speaker 4: Anyway, they're all out of jail, so they're all celebrating.
Speaker 1: They're all good. Hey. Speaking of which, we have a story related to the mass uh well, not deportition, the mass, pardoning, clemency keeping clemency that Donald Trump gave the January sixth offenders on his first day back in office.
Speaker 4: Yep, turns out could be a boomerang who'd.
Speaker 1: Have not worked out great or all of us.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe fine for him, not that it's a boomerang, but just like Jesus, these people are so stupid. So again, remember that mysterious figure that was planting bombs outside of the DNC and RNC headquarters. Well, we talked about it, I think at the end of last year. Yes, it was the end of last year. How he was apprehended, arrested, And this guy might have already have a get out of jail free card just because he was also a JAY and six offender. So this is from I think the Washington said. Trump may have pardoned Cole last year as part of the sweeping clemency that he gave to Jan six offenders on his first day back in office. The White House has brushed off questions on the subjects of the subject, but Justice Department prosecutors should be worried about this, and there were suggestions based off their briefs and statements in court last week that they already are. Trump's pardon also appears to have no restrictions on when the charges against the relevant defendants have been brought. The Justice Department has already applied Trump's pardon to people whose cases were merely pending, i e. People who had had not been convicted at the time of its issuance.
Speaker 1: Now, in terms of the placement of the bombs, and like, what what was the goal here? Was this person in line with the government takeover?
Speaker 2: He was I mean he was at he was at the at a soldier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a soldier. So he's just one of Trump's realist boys.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Not going to be worried about letting letting a mad bomber go.
Speaker 4: Don't let a few pipe bombs get between us, honey.
Speaker 1: Cubama, Yeah, like better than Obama. All right, got an update on the Epstein files.
Speaker 5: Shocking update.
Speaker 1: This is gonna this is gonna fucking blow you guys away. So the Epstein Files Transparency Act called for the DOJ to publicly release all unclassified records, files, communications investigative material on Epstein within thirty days. That deadline has passed. They they dropped a bunch of just blacked out documents on r ass were like they're happy, So that didn't happen. Instead, they invaded Venezuela. They were like, does this is this good? We we just can we just focus on this the war crime.
Speaker 2: I think that deadline was the explanation about the redactions.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: Like they released a little bit and then like, okay, well now you have until this date to explain and they're like, oh, the one more thing we're gonna inde in Venezuela.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: I did not see a lot of people talking about because it is so many documents. There's just so the it's a trove miles.
Speaker 2: Which I think should be disturbing to people that there's that many documents.
Speaker 4: How many documents are we talking?
Speaker 5: Exactly what you said?
Speaker 1: So they've conceded twelve two hundred and eighty five documents totaling one hundred and twenty five thousand, five hundred and seventy five pages so far. I had to assume that was all of them. I didn't know there were that many documents in existence on anything, Yeah, let alone on the Epstein investigation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, turns out I got the number. It's actually five point two million documents that exists in total in total.
Speaker 1: Yes, So what they've released so far is less than one percent of the files. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they're like, we're working as fast as we can back here.
Speaker 4: I thought there were no Epstein files.
Speaker 5: Dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For a while they were like, we were reviewed, we found out like it's nothing. The police came, they were like, it doesn't mad or nothing about this is a problem.
Speaker 2: It's while that Todd Blanche, who you know is the deputy ag and Gallaine Maxwell whisper like he's gone from just like there's nothing to see here.
Speaker 4: Like there's too many documents for that.
Speaker 1: It's like, what the home am I supposed to look at all these documents sposed to have been investigating for the past five years? Yeah, yeah, two million documents. Over two million documents. So this is from a writer. JM found a quote that at this pace, the substantial department resources that they've put towards this, at the rate that they're going, wouldn't produce the full files for another eight years.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: That's almost by design, maybe.
Speaker 1: I know, almost as if this is exactly what they wanted.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's interesting when I think about like the friends thing, when Trump's like, don't do it, Marjorie, that my friends will be upset, and you see people like Peter Teel Sergei brain of Google, and Elon Musk being named being named no names, but named like and acquaintances after Epstein's two thousand and eight conviction.
Speaker 4: M And there's and we've only seen one percent mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: And this is presumably two million documents. That sounds like a whole lot of bad ship in there. It seems like this is the one percent that you wanted us to see. We're looking at we're looking at the Uh you guys seen Diana Russ's son, Evan Russ, he was there.
Speaker 1: It's like, why just a publicity photo that you guys found eight years is so wait, unreal? Who knows how? Like what what is in the rest of those documents when this is the one percent that they wanted us to see and it was fairly incriminating? Yeah, pretty bad? Pretty bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's a ton of action too, Like there's a lot of a lot of the oversight committees are trying to figure out how they're going to flex their their muscles here to get more answers. And I mean it seems like they're really trying to go after Pambondy. I don't know when that happens, if that happens.
Speaker 1: Should be called the oversight committee and the other meaning of that word.
Speaker 2: Right, And I think this is kind of like what we were saying too, like when we were like, dude, they're just going to fucking show you a bunch of black squares, like it's the fucking summer.
Speaker 1: Of jokingly as a comedy joke, as we're a comedy podcast some some have suggested, And it turns out it was exactly correct.
Speaker 2: No, right, And then but then the next thing was that wasn't going to be the end of it though, right because the I'm sure to them they thought they could just send out a bunch of black sheets of paper and claim total transparency victory. But again, the appetites of people have not been satiated. They are not satisfied.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And again the survivors themselves are so fucked upset with the d DJ and no communication with them whatsoever. They're like, have an open hearing in Congress, like let's like, come.
Speaker 1: On, ye, this ship, let's televise the shit, let's get it out there. Well, speaking of people's appetites not being satiated, the McRib is back is back in the news. I feel like the McRib falls into a category of foods with with fan bases that I think you fall into. I think I'm gonna put you in this category. I know you're not a McRib stan. No, there are these foods with crazy loyal followings that among the people who stand this food like you cannot tell them shit, and I'm gonna put it so I'm gonna put doctor Pepper in there. Like there's just like people who I didn't realize this, but apparently like super loyal, like both Hillary Clinton and John Lennon would have like cases of doctor Pepper shipped ahead wherever they were traveling too, because they like, I don't without doctor Pepper.
Speaker 4: John Lennon was a doctor Pepper.
Speaker 1: Like pepperhead fucking pepper free didn't have this in Liverpool. And then of course there is the subway tuna salad, which I'm.
Speaker 2: All tuna salad, that's that's so classy that you would even call that tune.
Speaker 4: It's it's fish paste.
Speaker 1: The subway tuna fish paste. Uh mikes. By the way, I was hanging out with two of my best friends from high school over the break and they were both like, oh, you don't you don't eat Jersey Mike's tuna Like it's like, Chris put me onto this. It's so good.
Speaker 2: Your two boys Mangoch and Mango. Oh dude, Jersey Mike's is actually a little too classy for me. It's to her Majesty likes Jersey. That's her order every time, Jersey Mike. She likes the tuna there every time. Like tastes like tuna right, like Someway is like it's away from morphous.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I like it's it's weird.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a new, a new non Newtonian substance and taste.
Speaker 2: But I just just to like, this morning, I texted one of my friend groups of like my boys, it's like elementary school.
Speaker 4: There's like six of us that have on a thread.
Speaker 2: And I just asked, because I had a false memory that one of my friends was a McRib head. Everybody was like, no, I've never fucked with the micrib so, I really, come to think of it, I don't know anyone who likes the McRib I objected that onto my one like very American homie who like put me onto ranch dressing when we were like eight years old. Yeah, and he was like, no, the McRib he was like, dude, it's no, He's like it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Ranch is like so mainstream compared to the micrib. But like the McRib is like in the genre of sandwich where the company could come out and be like, we actually poop in there, and everyone else would just be like, well, surely now the McRib slash subway tuna sandwich is the thing of the past, when the fans would be like, don't care, they could here more poop. Actually, maybe that's what we like about it.
Speaker 4: Everything about that.
Speaker 1: Anyways, the McRib got a bullshit farewell to our in twenty twenty two, remember that returned to McDonald's several times since then, most recently the end of twenty twenty five, but only in certain locations. I feel like that, like McDonald's has to have just like a chart that's like psychographic data and not do anything to make these people stop eating the McRib. So we just like have that in our back pocket anytime we need to sell, you know, four million dollars worth of sandwiches that cost us forty five cents to make. Uh, we're good.
Speaker 2: I would love to be able to see the market data that McDonald's has collected over the decades of being in business to be you know, they know it's like, bro, something is.
Speaker 4: Wrong with the people in Youngstown, Ohio. That's all they eat the McRib hotspots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cruly like like that's so that is truly like that's the one service McDonald's could provide the humanity rather than the By the.
Speaker 1: Way, mcgrib fans, we want to hear from you because there's a lot of slander. We I want I want to know what is it that you love about it. It's it's got a very strange texture, like the profiles, what are the ribs? The the flavor profile is very I don't know, it seems pretty much in line with like you know, it just barbecue, sauce and and bread. But the texture is weird, like the role is weirdly kind of hard. And then the the McRib itself is a substance that like Brian started talking non Newtonian substances last year and I can't get them out of my out of my head. But like it is, it's like is this a solid resists?
Speaker 4: It resists the bite.
Speaker 6: Don't put too much pressure or it will it's like day Yeah, But anyways, there's a new class action lawsuit that is going to affect no Mic rib fans, but I g I guess uh worth, it might make a handful of people rich.
Speaker 1: Or it accused a company of false advertising because there is no actual rib meat in the Mick Rib.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Jackie, say again, say again.
Speaker 1: Now, there is no actual rib meat in the Mick Rib. It's just Mick no rib, which I wasn't I wasn't shocked to find out, to be honest with.
Speaker 2: You, I mean, like what, hold on, Like what are they saying. They're like, this isn't ribs. Yeah, like the bones are painted on like they're implied. But hold on, now, what did.
Speaker 4: You think this was?
Speaker 1: This is like they've created the appearance of a flab of ribs in the same way that they gave Brad Pitt a six pack in Fight Club. They like just airbrushed that ship on there.
Speaker 4: That's airbrush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, god damn I know. But reportedly, the primary ingredient is restructured pork composed of parts like shoulder, heart, tripe and scalded stomach, say skull and skull and skull and human skull. Nick Rib fans would be like, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny because I thought, like, rib meat is cheap to get, Like I remember always like the Tyson chicken patties like that I would get from Costco. While I was like peak puberty food for me, I was he's like made with rib meat, Like what the fuck is this?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did have a chicken meat mixed chicken rib meat. Chicken ribs.
Speaker 2: Chicken ribs are delicious if you actually there's so thin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, they're delicious to eat.
Speaker 1: Actually, you gotta you gotta be a patient eater.
Speaker 5: You got to beat.
Speaker 1: McDonald's bokesman claimed that the mic rib does not use hearts, tripe or scalded stomach, So they're claiming just shoulder, just pork shoulder. But it I don't know. It is not exactly a secret that there's no rib in the McRib. In twenty fourteen, they released a video to combat bad social media buzz about the McRib. They had one of the MythBusters people on be like, Hey, could could you do us a solid? You've been talking a lot of shit and we're trying not to look like the bad guy here, so we don't want to sue you. Generations of poverty.
Speaker 2: Hey, how much to fucking pay for your reputation right now to fucking help us dodge a bullet.
Speaker 1: And so they took him inside a McRib and again this is a little bit like the Epstein bus. It's like, yo, this is the best version, the best you had to offer, because the video is there are I mean it looks like there's like babies on the on the thing.
Speaker 4: Are those full parts or that just globs of meat?
Speaker 1: The full parts before they get glopped up?
Speaker 2: Oh up, you won't let me out, okay akon.
Speaker 1: It's uh so we'll see, I mean we won't.
Speaker 2: We got to get to the bottom. And like, I just remember the subway one they tried to come for the.
Speaker 4: King and they missed, Baby.
Speaker 1: They did missed. If you're talking about Jared, No, we're not talking about Jared Brian. We're talking about the time that they tried to claim the subway tuna was made of turtle meat. Yes, it might have some turtle turtle in there, it was not primarily turtle meat.
Speaker 2: I mean one thing where they're like, well, if you're just like just trawling, it's like there could be a boot in there, a dolphin, a turtle and tuna you.
Speaker 1: Know that part where they cut the shark's stomach open and jaws and there's just like a fucking a tricycle.
Speaker 4: Is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't the end, to be honest, I haven't had a subby tuny in SNI on a year or so.
Speaker 5: Damn. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there you go, there's your assignment. Get back out there. Let's take a quick break.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 1: And the Democrats, manah, just when you thought that is so so much a layup? How how are you going to fuck up a historically unpopular administration being the opposition party to that, they come through. You know, Trump does a illegal war crime invasion of Venezuela. Very unpopular. I think it's in the like seventy percent of people oppose military action in this case.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 1: And the Democrats are like, I don't know, man, you got to tell us before you do that. This is fucked up, Like we want to get in on this shit, right that seems to be their main complaint, whereas they could just hop on the this is wrong and America is better than this, and we are were America could be better than this, I guess.
Speaker 2: So fucking the pushover nature of the Democrats is wild.
Speaker 1: Gotta take the high miles, always got gotta.
Speaker 4: Take the high road. When you're in hell. The high road is still hell.
Speaker 1: So of course we're talking about Tim Walls, who is all over CBS News.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the new MAGA propaganda mouthpiece for sure. Yeah, just the center of Maggar rage for some time now, especially since he was running for vice president.
Speaker 1: And they were like, what, they'll show you how weird we are.
Speaker 2: And they're like, oh, yeah, well, your son's a fucking R word and they're like, what the fuck is this for you guys?
Speaker 4: Fucking nuts?
Speaker 2: What the fuck you anyway, but these people are out of their fucking gords. Yeah, but the right finally got the trophy they so desperately wanted because Tim Watson aust on Monday he will not be running for a third term and he's dropping out of the governor's race. And this is after just a frenzy of MAGA conspiracy theories were directed at him and the state of Minnesota. So like over the weekend, Trump reposted a video of a truly batshit conspiracy theory about how Tim Waltz was connected to the murder of the slain state lawmaker Melissa Hortman, like.
Speaker 1: Who was shot by a maga right wing yes.
Speaker 2: Guy who was like, I'm doing this for fucking hell vaccine freedom and the lockdowns.
Speaker 4: And all this other nonsense.
Speaker 2: Then during the break, we obviously weren't talking about the news because there's a bunch of canned episodes. But the last few weeks were wild because there was a supposed expose of Minnesota daycares, specifically ones that were being ran by Somali's and the videos this guy Nick Shirley pulls up like two daycares, like knocking on the doors and like scared teacher, like scaring teachers, and he's with dudes like masks and cameras and like we just want to see the kids, and they're like no. And he basically used the fact that these people weren't going to let strangers into a fucking daycare with cameras as proof positive.
Speaker 4: That essentially the take was like, see, let's see what the.
Speaker 2: Somalis are doing in Minnesota, Like Minnesota is a mess, See what's happening under Tim Wallas blah blah blah blah blah. Just a completely like like manufactured controversy from the right, just like eating pets and things like that to create some kind of story. So that plus everything just compounded the cast in the state, and a Wall said that it's best that he steps down to not detract focus from the actual governor's race and what Minnesota's need.
Speaker 1: And it just feel the actual governor's race that he's running in and he's like one of the stars of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because they're caving to the fucking stupid story about the daycares in Minnesota, and like they have found like fraud in certain instances, but like this is such a specific thing they're trying to paint on these immigrant communities, and like there's been a ton of stuff. There's been a ton of pushback from people. They're like this one daycare that he claimed was closed, like the owners are like you can look at timestamped video of like kids entering and exiting. We just aren't going to let this fucking guy in or entertain the shit. So now that this has happened, I'm sure we probably won't be hearing about this Somali day care thing and whatever, or maybe it will because again, everything, yeah, rac needs to like it can't be that the economy is bad because of the because of capitalism and the leadership of this country. It has to there always has to be some like xenophobic scapegoat and yeah, here they are doing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is actually the poor people's fault in this economy completely controlled by the richest people in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm like and I'm like, and yeah, they're sure there there there's fraud all over the place. But like, let's talk about if we're talking volume of cash and money that's being defrauded from people. There there are much larger trophies to be going for that you know, could actually undo.
Speaker 1: Its fucking selling pardons to people who are like committing billions of dollars of crime. But yeah, like to be like, I don't want to detract focus and like just just the message that this sense like the fucking president actively openly protecting people on the Epstein list who are like billionaires, like he's obviously a criminal, and they're gonna just be like nah, man, Like I I I just need to take a knee here and have a moral victory by being like a class actor.
Speaker 2: It's just like right, And I don't know if the DNC is putting pressure because again they hate having the Democrats always succumb to this framing of a controversy that the right generates, and they play within their framing of yeah, we will presume what you're saying is true and we're gonna say why it's not true, rather than being offhand being like this is nonsense, dude, sort out your own fucking party, like people people like this is this is the Like this is not it, Like go ahead, try and prove it, like fuck off. But they're still very much into this, like, well, maybe we can pick off some some MAGA voters if we we show that, like we're like, okay, you know, we can take the higher road and we know when something's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's yeah, yeah, it's disappointed, it's it's a it's a bad opposition party to have theory.
Speaker 2: That I read from some MAGA candidate in Minnesota where they were saying that, like it could be that Amy Klobachar could step into the governor's race because she's not up for reelection this year as a senator.
Speaker 4: So even if she.
Speaker 2: Just lost, she lost, she would like still stay a US Senator. But if she wins the governor race, she gets to appoint her replacement to the Senate.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I like that plan if they're getting shrewed with it, but like, I just don't even like the fucking message that this sends for you to like step down. It's just like fucking fight.
Speaker 2: Don't be like, oh no, the thing that Donald Trump we posted in some other muckraker like fake ass journalist who got the tips from a Islamophobic person who works in the state house. It's nonsense, but it's this is the thing, like by one of my predictions for this year was.
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know if the Democrats are gonna.
Speaker 2: Fucking figure it out yet, like they could do something, And my prediction was that they've got this Miles chill out, all right, all right, yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine someone being like this and this is the year that's the Democrats. That's my prediction.
Speaker 5: Baby, Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it. For this episode of Trending, we are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines where you still can't get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow Bite.
Speaker 2: The Daily Zeite guys as executive produced by Catherine Law.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Bae Wang.
Speaker 4: Co produced by Victor Wright
Speaker 1: Co written by j M McNabb and edited and engineered by Brian Jeffries