Speaker 1: Podcast. Welcome to me Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your guest host Jannis Potelus, and today we're joined by me Editer Trivia host Spencer Newheart's Badass Brodie Henderson, Randall Williams or just Doc for short, Tony Peterson, my personal white tail sense Riveting Reva Hansen, Max Barda, the world's best unknown water fowler, Chester Cheddar Floyd, and Christine Siwiki. My favorite HR person outside of my own mother, Oh yeah, who? My mother was a great ask anybody that worked at her company. She was a great HR perst.
Speaker 2: Will Then we didn't play the drop cause it's coming up.
Speaker 3: We're so far away from a drift finish over there.
Speaker 1: This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation, and cooking. There is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing the stat for the stat This week, we're looking at player performance from the first time that I Guess hosted that took place ten months ago in episode four hundred and sixty nine. The winning score that day was a whopping four, and the average player score was two point three, which is the lowest ever for a game of meat eater trivia. Over half of the players got fewer than two correct answers, and the game included three zero percenters. That sounds like a shitty game of trivia, Like not fun at all to play questions. Okay, Interestingly it was spent through who won that day and.
Speaker 2: We had a gas leak.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, we had to stop playing because of that.
Speaker 4: That was ten months ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, and I threw a beer on the roof of chili. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I decided then that the next time Spencer would let me guest host, I was gonna pitch a full trivia game of softballs.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's close, so you think there's a chance you over corrected and there's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Like no, because the the uh, we'll skip ahead. Jennifer played quickly this morning and scored for so Jennifer index is eight today. Let's see, Phil, you have seen my questions for today's round of trivia. Do you think it's easier than last year? And do you think Spencer has a good shot at win? Number two.
Speaker 6: I couldn't tell you. On the spencer front, I will say I think it's a little bit easier there. I think there is there are one you that I think have a chance to be zero percenters. I will say, God, So.
Speaker 2: Either way over corrected, it's going to be too easy or were where we were.
Speaker 3: Someone wins with a eight, that's like, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Where you last game Brody won with a seven, So don't remind us.
Speaker 1: Instead of doing an I F a Q this week, which is infrequently asked questions, we're bringing back the zero percenter segment. This is a test of how much knowledge players have retained from previous games. This question was from you guessed that the episode that I hosted. The topic was butchering, and nobody got it right. The question was, when butchering an animal, what is the process of removing the trach? Yet and esophag is called the incorrect answer is given.
Speaker 2: Is anybody gonna guess the correct answer?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, go ahead. I thought we would say that and then you can try to guess other crazy.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'll get the same wrong answers.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: I remembered a question, but I don't remember the answer.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows.
Speaker 1: Listen, don't feel bad because uh, Spencer actually helped me out with that part of this, and I couldn't remember either. Wasn't anybody.
Speaker 5: It's on the tip of my tongue.
Speaker 2: I had to I wrote like three hours ago, and I don't even remember. It's like wheezing, dung, weezingd weezing. All right, let's see housekeeping. Also, from the last time I thought I had, you know, I had such an even though.
Speaker 1: It hard game. I thought my questions were good but not quite perfect. I asked a question about geography, and the question was what Canadian province sits between Maine and the Gulf of Saint Lawrence. The correct answer in my game was New Brunswick bought a bunch of well, a bunch a dozen listeners wrote in saying there should be multiple correct answers, including Quebec, which Brody provided, Nova Scotia, which Spencer provided, and Prince Edward Island, which no one's provided. So I'll retroactively award Brody and Spencer their points, but that doesn't change anything because those two went to a tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: Anyways, some angry Canadians Yanni about us messing up the geograph.
Speaker 1: Look. I stared at that Matt for a while. I don't I don't know how I mess up.
Speaker 2: You don't speak Canadian?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could be it French. All right, so we know today's Jennifer index for the show is four, so the winner ought to get about eight with that. Let's start the show. Play the drop, Phil.
Speaker 5: Look, I need to know what I stand and wind everything.
Speaker 7: How's that just tend to win everything?
Speaker 1: Game on, suckers.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 5: What happened to our little light show?
Speaker 6: I was having trouble with those lights. They weren't holding onto a charge.
Speaker 1: Randall.
Speaker 6: I think there was something wrong with one of them. I apologize, I'm sorry. My experiences made up.
Speaker 3: For it with a scoreboard.
Speaker 2: Thanks, ready, Randall says, apology not accepted, though.
Speaker 5: I mean it'll be nice when we can get some working lights back in there.
Speaker 6: I'll keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: Question one, name the author of these quotes. I'm gonna give you two who number one? You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it's all a waste and a sin to take it. If you can't use it. The second quote, time just seems to fly away for a boy that I suppose is why one day you wake up suddenly he ain't a boy? In longer? Is it? Ernest Hemingway, Robert Ruark, Peter Capstick or Aldough Leopold. Okay, even before I could finish reading, I have at least three boards down more are writing A couple are thinking. I'm feeling pretty good about myself.
Speaker 6: First, I will say this originally was not a multiple choice question.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it wasn't happy it is gives me a chance. Tony, would you have gotten it if it wasn't multiple choice?
Speaker 5: Yep, you would have. Yeah, assuming I have a correct I would have as well.
Speaker 1: Christina, are you still thinking?
Speaker 3: Spencer?
Speaker 2: Answer now I'm second guessing. I'm always fig.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody go ahead and reveal your answers. Reva Although Leopold, Christine Hemingway, Tony Ark, Randall, Ruarc, Spencer Ruarc, Chester, Leopold, Max Hemingway, and Brody Ruarc.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you my strategy? I picked the one that I thought you wouldn't have come up with. I thought the other three you would have come up with this fake answers. Hmmm, because I've written games of trivia before, and I thought this one seems like one despite having no idea what the correct answer is.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Well, I use that next time. I feel like the second quote gives it away, because you know, Robert Ruark wrote his most famous piece is the Old Man and the Boy, and U in there. He's in there, He's constantly talking to his young mentee.
Speaker 3: He should read that, Spencer, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody, everybody should. I read that and Ruark's use Enough Gun, which is about his time spent in uh An, Africa on Safari in my early twenties, and they were both extremely influential and stoked my fires at the answer doors. Yeah, sorry, half the room got it wrong. All right, good job, thank you. Okay, onto question number two.
Speaker 3: Already feeling better about this game.
Speaker 1: You honestly me too. How heavy does a buck have to be in order to be accepted into the biggest Bucks in main club?
Speaker 2: You know this, Brody, I know what.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna write down.
Speaker 1: Oh and I thought, for at least for the white tail enthusiasts here, this would be a gimme.
Speaker 3: I know it ain't as big as a big ass mule deer buck.
Speaker 1: Again, the question is how heavy does a buck have to be in order to be accepted into the biggest bucks in main club?
Speaker 4: So do you want an answer? Lake, I'm gonna say fifty pounds plus?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What what? What would be the minimum minimum weight of a buck to be accepted in the biggest Janni?
Speaker 7: Is this fiel dressed around the hoof?
Speaker 1: This is fuel dressed? All right?
Speaker 7: Oh okay?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah that changes a lot.
Speaker 5: That's good context get it.
Speaker 7: Riva and I have a bet going for this game.
Speaker 8: Oh well, Calcutta, Yeah she I commented on her sweater. I said, where does a person get a sweater like that with that angry man eat her cat on there? And then she told me, well she can she can answer that. But then she told me that she was going to kick my ass in this game. And I said, if you beat me in this game, I will buy whatever sweater like that that you pick out and I will wear it the next time we do a meeting.
Speaker 3: I had a fishing client that got attacked by a leopard twice in Africa.
Speaker 1: Bud uh No, How did I don't know about it?
Speaker 2: I feel like it happens twice you deserved it. You were doing something.
Speaker 3: It can happen when you're hunting leopards. Man God, Bud, what.
Speaker 5: Was his name?
Speaker 1: Does everybody have an answer? They're still thinking, No, we need a number, we need a number. Christine is showing she's like club weigh the meat. Biggest Box in Maine club got the Biggins out there.
Speaker 7: I can't tell you because now Reea is getting She's giving me to think.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Go ahead and reveal your answers. Reva says one hundred and fifty, Christine one hundred and fifty, Tony Randall two hundred, Spencer two twenty five, Chester one seventy, Max one seventy, Brody two hundred. We have a correct answer. It is two hundred pounds. I had that big deal in Maine to kill a two hundred pounder. The Biggest Box in Main club is managed by the outdoor publication The Main Sportsman. In twenty twenty three, there were four hundred seventy six entries into the club. The application form states that the weight may be certified by tagging station employees, game wardens, game biologists, or game processors. Please also include names of up to two witnesses. If available, the minimumress weight must be two hundred pounds without heart, lungs, or liver. That would mean that it's a average live weight of slightly more than two hundred and fifty pounds.
Speaker 3: Tony, Is it still like is it still a thing in Maine where they don't really give a shit about points and antler score? It's like still a weight?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean there's kind of a North country thing to that. I mean, I don't think it's limited to Maine, you know, I mean there's Vermont, right, I mean even even northern Minnesota, northern Wisconsin.
Speaker 9: I mean it's still it's not like what it was forty years ago.
Speaker 3: They're measured antlers.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's interesting. Uh. Patrick Hanley from sig He's he lives up in that country in New Hampshire, Hunts, Maine, and uh yeah, he'll tell you stories all day long, never mentions how many points the buck had.
Speaker 4: Wasn't he just talking about that when we were out.
Speaker 1: Shooting, just shooting big bucks, big heavy bucks.
Speaker 2: Me and telling you the same way we just talking weights.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Christine too, she had one hundred and ten pounds written down.
Speaker 1: The first one she was thinking she was thinking, dear, all right, we're on the question three. The Texas crutch involves what material when making barbecued ribs?
Speaker 6: Again, I'll repeat the question to be honest. I I rewarded this in kid. Yeah, did you change it back because he didn't like my rewording? I want to Let's let's have Spencer be the judge. What's better the one that's on the TV or the one youannis just read? Go ahead and read it again.
Speaker 1: The Texas crutch involves what material when making barbecued ribs? And Phil wrote it to the Texas crutch preparation of barbecue. See the Texas crutch is not a preparation though.
Speaker 6: That's not what I read on the internet. We know no one's ever written in about.
Speaker 3: Mistakes of preparation technique.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would have been better. Yeah, I'll take the l either way.
Speaker 1: You saw to tell me what material is used when you do the Texas crutch?
Speaker 5: Has anybody done a Texas crutch here?
Speaker 1: Apparently I have?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, if I'm right, Oh Brodie's wow, are you feeling about Randall?
Speaker 5: I have a material? Okay, that's one that hmmm, could be used to.
Speaker 1: To make to make ribs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Actually I don't know.
Speaker 1: Does everybody have an answer?
Speaker 3: You got to tell people what you had written?
Speaker 2: Okay, Brody's gonna have to tell people just to write.
Speaker 1: Something down for you because it's good.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about, like, what on your I'm telling everyone whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 7: I've gotten er for ten before in this trivia.
Speaker 3: I think you made a good change, though.
Speaker 1: Alright, reveal your answers, Reva says, would Christine without an answer? Tony aluminum foil, Randall rebar, Spencer tinfoil, Jester Mesquite max tinfoil, Brody aluminum foil. The room did pretty good.
Speaker 3: Come on, tell them what you had down.
Speaker 4: I had leather down because I was thinking about, like, oh, what is the cook wear on his hands?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe impart some flavors.
Speaker 7: I might get one anyway.
Speaker 1: After slow cooking on a smoker for hours, and when the ribs are nearly done, the meat is wrapped tightly in foil or I would have also accepted butcher paper to steam and braize in its own juices. This makes the meat juicier and more tender. You can add barbecue sauce, apple juice, sugar, et cetera. To the alutminum foil packet at this time. Put it back on the heat for an hour, but no more. Too much time, and the crutch will produce mushy meat.
Speaker 3: It works good for deer ribs, though, because they don't have any fat.
Speaker 1: That's right, very important for deer and elk ribs.
Speaker 5: I was picturing much more interesting methods of preparation.
Speaker 1: It is crutchy Texas cheat all right. Question number four, What are the full names of Billy Coleman's two hounds in the book Where the Red Fern Grows? And I thought I was giving them one, And here we are with no one writing.
Speaker 6: This is what I thought would be the zero per centery.
Speaker 1: Honestly, that was a long time ago. Oh mm hmm, okay, Google just signed me out, so you guys have sex. Maybe I can.
Speaker 2: Remember my password, Johnny, one's the last time you read this book?
Speaker 1: I actually read it last November December.
Speaker 2: To your children or to yourself.
Speaker 1: To myself, yeah, I have read it to my anything. No what you just did, Randal, my uh, my good buddy, Jake Gribb. This is all part of my little uh what do you call the part after the question flavor text flavor text factoid. Well, my buddy Jake grib reads it almost every year to get fired up for house.
Speaker 2: It seems a little excessive.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you can read this book, you know, if you skim through, you know, probably in an hour or two. But uh yeah, it gets you fired up. Man, if you're if you're a hound guy. Okay, everybody have an answer or giving up not having an answer, Go ahead and reveal him. Reba not a Christine, Bear and Blue I like it, Red an Blue, Randall Scooby and Scrappy Spencer. Spencer says old Red and Mingus. Chester says Toby and Max. Max says Blue and Fern. Brody says Dusty and Gunnison, which are the names of his last two dogs. We have our first zero percenter? Is there like a half?
Speaker 5: You know we should have a sound effect for that.
Speaker 1: No, No, no one going down. And you know the way this came up was I thought of it and then I said, Steve, are you gonna be here when I host? And he said no, And I asked him the question and he got it right. I thought, oh, okay, that would be a good one. The answer is Old Dan and Little Anne and I would have accepted, Dan and Ann. Yeah, Where the Red Ferend Grows is a wonderful, chilled children's book by Wilson Rawls. In the book, a young Billy Coleman buys two redbone hounds and teaches them to tree coons. They become coon catching legends, legends in the Ozark Mountains. Over seven million copies of the book have been sold by now.
Speaker 3: Oh, could you imagine if Steve would have been here?
Speaker 1: He was the Oh, we would never.
Speaker 6: Hear of it.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you're interested in how this book put coon hunting at the forefront of American pop culture, listen to the two part series on the popular Bear Grease podcast, episode forty two where the Red Fern Grows The Peculiar life of Wilson Rawls, and episode forty three where the Red Fern Grows Character and manhood. Now you're hosting Yanni, I highly recommend reading the book and listening to the podcast. Thanks Spencer. All Right, rond on to uh question number five. Hopefully you guys will do a little bit better. This Italian recipe literally translates to bone with a hole. Brody got the answer. Randall has the answer.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this hasn't been a question.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: Listen, well, you know how it is when you're guest hosting. You have to type in all these key words into Spencer's list of questions, and I couldn't believe it nothing, especially this one. But it's a good feeling because you don't have to come up with the question. Spencer also came up with an answer. Tony is still thinking.
Speaker 2: Your little banter there makes me feel good about my answer.
Speaker 3: Then let me see your answer, Spencer.
Speaker 2: You gotta flash it across two other folks about.
Speaker 1: Well they we trust them. They're not gonna good job, Spencer.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're no, it'll come to you'll.
Speaker 7: I believe in your chest here, Brody, let me see if you got it right.
Speaker 1: Reva and Christine, do you guys consider yourselves wild game? Cooks chefs? Not this?
Speaker 5: Do you like to go to fancy restaurants?
Speaker 7: Still this game?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's a wild Wait?
Speaker 3: Who's throwing hints to you?
Speaker 2: Tony can't remember what it's called. We learned last game that cooking is his weakness in me trivia.
Speaker 1: Proving to be true right here, Question number five, Max's answer has got Phil smiling and kind of snickers like you got you're cooking.
Speaker 3: A lot of wild games, right.
Speaker 8: I have put myself through college cooking. I've been on the I've been on the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, it's.
Speaker 7: Past life, but I uh don't do very well.
Speaker 2: Kind of place? Was it?
Speaker 7: A couple of different places?
Speaker 8: And I feel like this, this is this one specifically is driving me nuts because I can't think of it and I feel like i've I've run across it a million times.
Speaker 3: You're nothing else if not creative.
Speaker 1: Christine is still thinking. We're gonna give Christine five seconds.
Speaker 7: And it's a better answer than mine.
Speaker 5: Do you trust him?
Speaker 4: My four three two one, just.
Speaker 1: Forget it, Okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. Reva Verte Cone void, Christine, nada, Tony says Marrow, Randall says Asabuco, Spencer Asbuco Chester and nothing, Max says bone app a teeth cute Bronie Asabuco may correct.
Speaker 8: Answer, he Johnnie, can I make an appeal here because I this this is the person who can fire us at will. Hey, Charlie, she actually did have the right answer, and I talked her out of it to do that because.
Speaker 7: I thought it was wrong.
Speaker 9: She got that if I had, I would give her the point perc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give were three points. Actually I had the same laughing at me.
Speaker 6: I did not know Max just just because he said that he had he had Cordon blue completely spelled wrong.
Speaker 1: And also that's why I raised it. As Buco is in my opinion, by far, the best way to start enjoying the shanks from deer, elk or moose. It takes extra time to save and saw the shanks, and it takes time to cook the shanks, but every time I make it, I'm happy I did, and so are my dinner guests. I don't limit this recipe us to the shanks. It works well with any cut that has that is full of silver skin. Just cut that roast or chunk of meat, whatever it is, and the one point five inch inch and a half thick rounds across the grain and go for it. If you need a recipe, we have several at the mediator dot com, including Venison SHANKSUV Asibuco by Ryan Callahan, Braised Venison shanks Asbuco by Steven Ranella, and if you're looking to add a little flair, Indian spiced Asibuko by Danielle Pruit and.
Speaker 3: Tell you out those shanks, saw them up when they're frozen.
Speaker 1: Good hot tip there.
Speaker 2: I've got a handful of rainy day questions for if I hit a writer's block that I can just plug into any show that that's one of them is about Osibuco. Last episode we had the question about two of the five states with the most federal land. That was a rainy day question. I needed one more to fill in the script, so it's been front of mine.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to replenish your rainy day question.
Speaker 5: We're getting a lot of behind the scenes insight here.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I've sent Spencer like five or six questions that I thought would be like cool, and every time he like shuts me down.
Speaker 2: Well, that's you guys had questions we've had on the show, Max.
Speaker 4: But I think they're always great questions.
Speaker 2: They were so good that I've done them on the show.
Speaker 1: All right, that was question five. So that brings us to a scoreboard update, Phil, Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 6: Reva got zero points along with Chester, Cheddar, Floyd Christine. Thanks to Tony's kind gesture. There you've got one whole first, very unkind gesture Max you also have one point. Randall, Tony and Spencer have three points, and in first place is Brody Henderson with four.
Speaker 2: It's like Tony put out a fire that he started. Right. Yeah, it's a kind of credit.
Speaker 9: I will take all the credit for it, even though I created the whole problem.
Speaker 1: You guys are on pace to hit the Jenis. It's great. Not all us, No, not all of you. All of us. You have to be above thirty five. Some of you are and a hole? Are you all right?
Speaker 5: Thirty seven?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to be above thirty five.
Speaker 2: I'm thirty two. Oh oh, what's the what's sorry?
Speaker 1: Age?
Speaker 3: Talk?
Speaker 6: Going on?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Next question?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Here it comes underhanded, as slow and as the nice of an arc as I can lay out there. Come on, where are the interdigital glands located on a deer? I see some writing that makes me happy. I'll repeat the question, where are the interdigital glands located on a deer? How specific are you looking for? You honest, not that specific. I'm gonna say it's gotta gotta be within a six inches six inch region. What do you think, Spencer? Huh?
Speaker 5: Sure you're not going for like front back, top, bottom.
Speaker 1: That ain't. No, that's not gonna cut it. I was gonna make a joke and say it's gonna be below a buck.
Speaker 5: Did you hear that joke?
Speaker 1: Reva and Christine, do you still need a second?
Speaker 3: I was gonna consult with.
Speaker 7: I would get a little.
Speaker 1: More Christine still writing, go ahead and reveal your answers. Reva hoof, Christine face eyed ducts, Tony hooves, Randall hoof, Spencer toes crossed out hoof, Chester eyes, Max hoof, Brody feet, slash hoofs. I'd written down between their toes, but I think that we will take basically anything below the knee.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm so sorry. Can you raise your hand if you guys got that one right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you had a part of the deer that.
Speaker 6: Sorry, keep him, keep your keep your hands up, keep your hands up.
Speaker 1: Sorry you taught me this, Tony, you can keep going. The inter digital gland secretes A. I ain't write this yogurt like oil that smells, as one author put it, an odor much like strong cheese with a touch of garlic or skunk. Isn't that really that?
Speaker 4: This isn't the gland that you're supposed to cut off before tarl.
Speaker 1: Literally just right just above kind of where they're above the digits. Yeah, between the digits and digital. Deer use the scent left behind the inter digital glands to follow one another around. This could be a fun following its mother, or a buck trailing a dope. Interestingly, the hound I hired last year to track a buck I wounded was actually following the scent left from those glands, not the blood trail as I thought before I had a had hired a uh blood tracker.
Speaker 2: Do you find it?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: The buck lives on to this day.
Speaker 2: Oh, confirmed, like you've seen pictures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well many months afterwards. I haven't seen him now that it's the next year of antler growth. But yeah, he made it, you know, well into the winter.
Speaker 3: He's going to be a smart one this year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and probably.
Speaker 1: Could be. We're on a question seven. This is the state a bear enters one to two months before hibernation. Damn it, Brody Brody is writing, damn it. Nis Randall is right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait a minute, Oh now I'm gonna believe it.
Speaker 5: Before For those listeners out there that aren't watching this on the med Eater podcast Network YouTube channel, Jannis and are exchanging knowing glances.
Speaker 2: What do you guys, plug, what do you know about? Mm hm, what do you guys know about?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: He knows that I know, Okay, and I know he knows that I know.
Speaker 1: This is the state of bear enters, one to two months before hibernation.
Speaker 2: I'm worried I'm confusing another term with this term. And I think if I was writing this, I would tell you this like seventeen letter term or whatever. But don't don't tell us that now. Don't tell us that. Now.
Speaker 1: We had a there was a short stint of a series where we had hunting terms in words.
Speaker 3: Remember Hunter's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And one of the first ones we did was this term here.
Speaker 2: Okay, way before we ever hired Randall, way before I even knew Randall existed.
Speaker 5: You've never heard of Randall?
Speaker 1: When was this.
Speaker 5: Prior to nineteen eighty six?
Speaker 1: Doctor Randall?
Speaker 5: I presume.
Speaker 1: Christine still thinking. No, she's not thinking, Rema, you're ready to okay, Max, Max not going to write an answer down, Go ahead, reveal your answers, Reva says, feasting. Christine hyper phasia, Tony pre hibernation, Randall hyperphagia, Spencer hyperphagia, Chester says they eat a whole bunch. Max no answer, and Brody hyperphagia. The correct answer is hyperphagia.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna write Sam the fever, but.
Speaker 1: Christine, you missed it by Oh, it is not a letter you missed. You didn't miss it.
Speaker 2: I was worried I was confusing with coprophasia, which is eating feces.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good thing you didn't write that down, Spencer. I was also mildly worried it might be torpor.
Speaker 2: I think that's like the the anti hybrid hybrid hibernation. Yeah, it's like a light sleeve.
Speaker 1: I didn't come across that during my research.
Speaker 2: We're the Other one I thought about was uh estivation, which I think is heat hibernation instead of like cold hibernation.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Dam could be something for the future feed show too late now. Yes, when bears go into hyperphagia, they'll feed up to twenty two hours a day and gain up to four pounds per day in preparation of hibernation. Four pounds a day.
Speaker 5: We've all been there, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Eat hold lunch ron to question eight. How many chambers are in an elk's stomach.
Speaker 4: Where's the waterfall?
Speaker 1: Softball? Or I'm just you're gonna become a big game home.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good at gutting, so I don't know how many chambers are in there. I don't poke that stomach open.
Speaker 4: That's I think I just came up with a good question for you.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you text it to me later. Maxwell.
Speaker 5: I think this depends on how many times you shoot it. You're honest.
Speaker 1: We have a couple of numbers down. Max.
Speaker 2: You should just ask the question right now. Put spit it right into the microphone. See who knows it?
Speaker 1: What's that? Max?
Speaker 2: Max has a question for me for a future episode of trivia, but I think you'll just give it to us right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, how many tail feathers does a Tom Turkey have?
Speaker 3: Eighteen eighteen?
Speaker 2: That's say, been in the board game? Max, I just thought of this.
Speaker 6: You don't have it all the memorized yet.
Speaker 1: Does anybody need more time? Okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. Reva says four Christine to Tony four Randall four Spencer for chess or three Max fo I'm going too fast, sorry with my new fancy score where it takes me a second to get these in here. Tony four, Randall for Spencer four, Chester three, Max five, Brody four. The correct answer is four. Help are ruminants and have a four chambered stomach. Ruminants are able to acquire nutrients from plant based food by fermenting it in a specialized specialized stomach prior to digestion. The process typically requires the fermented ingesta, known as cud, to be regurgitated and chewed again. The process of chewing the cud to further break down plant matter and stimulate digestion is called rumination. Good job, four chambered stomach, answered folks, All right there, that was question number eight. So we need another scoreboard updates? Phil? Yeah, sorry, hold on, give me a secon here, Phil, still working, You're doing great.
Speaker 5: Just take your tongue.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think this is right. This is right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Riva, Chester, Christine and Max are no longer in the running for the win. We've got Tony and Spencer with five, Randall is six and Brody Henderson with seven points.
Speaker 2: We just saw the correct answers.
Speaker 1: No kind of no surprises on that leaderboard. If we had, if we had to.
Speaker 9: Throw ouch over here, I said the leader.
Speaker 1: Leader leader. You know, hey, listen, I play against these guys all the time. It sucks. I'm always like, yeah, there, I am one behind Randall and Brody. All right, question number nine again? Again. I think I'm making I'm thinking it's soft. This action, also known as a lip curl, exposes the vombaro nasal organ, which detects estris in urine. What Brody has an answer? I'll repeat the question. This action, also known as a lip curl, exposes the vomito nasal organ, which detects estris in urine.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think like a deer.
Speaker 1: That's right. We've all seen videos pictures of deer. ELK. You're honest.
Speaker 6: I just want to make sure you know that you skipped a question.
Speaker 1: Oh I did you did?
Speaker 6: No way, you can just reorder it. It's fine, Just do that one next.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta go.
Speaker 6: Unless your document's different than the one I'm looking at, but I don't think it is.
Speaker 3: HM, that's all right.
Speaker 1: I like this. Or aren't we on number nine? No?
Speaker 6: We are, but in the document I have, it's number ten. So if you change the order after you sent me the doc, I must not be working in like an active doc that you have of open right now.
Speaker 1: It's fine. It's just the one titled trivia for your honest.
Speaker 6: I have one titled yis hosted Trivia.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's the one that I originally wrote made, but then we flipped it all over to the one that Spencer did. Oh gotcha.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I think I'm reaching way back to the North American white tail days. Tony, you got this one.
Speaker 7: I have the first part of.
Speaker 1: That's enough chit chat, boys, I will accept a single word. I was wondering that. Yeah, okay, no, that's not it. Oh do you guys need the question again?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Hey, help me out. He's not helping, he's only uh why are so many dear and questions? Does she have it right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go ahead.
Speaker 2: And this is like five O one level.
Speaker 1: Rema says lip smack, Christine, no answer, Tony Fleming, Randall sniffing. Uh, Spencer says flegm, I don't know, Chester, no answer, Max sniffing, and Brody says Fleming. Response, Brody is the only one. They got it exactly right? Tony spell it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 5: The end and is sniffing part of this action?
Speaker 1: Do it? They do pull air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, sniffing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, is it?
Speaker 4: But then Brody laughed at my answer because there's like a there's.
Speaker 9: Like smack is closer sniffing.
Speaker 1: Sniffing is not known as a lip.
Speaker 7: Curl right or a lip smack.
Speaker 4: I curl my lips when I sniff.
Speaker 1: Sometimes thought to be a posturing, ormssive move, the flaming is actually just another way animals communicate through scent. Hunters most commonly see sheep, deer, an elk do it, but many others perform it as well, including horses, giraffes, and cats. Phil scoreboard, Up.
Speaker 6: Here's the thing, Brody Henderson cannot be caught.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unless we've taken sniffing.
Speaker 6: And I gave I gave that to Tony and Spencer. But it doesn't matter anyway, So.
Speaker 1: It does matter.
Speaker 3: These are sure some softballs y.
Speaker 2: Correct answer.
Speaker 1: I'll probably do. I'll do better next time. Correctser From the first nine questions are Robert ruarc two hundred pounds aluminum foil, old Dan and little am Asbuco between toes, hyper fagia, four chambers and the flame and response.
Speaker 2: If you give that last one to me, I have seven?
Speaker 6: Do you I mess a screwed up somewhere.
Speaker 3: You should give Spencer had it like he had it. I thought you gave it to him.
Speaker 2: I mean it was I think I had like sixty the letters. Yeah, so that'd be pretty generous.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and give it to him. Okay, thank you. Brody likes to make it sporty. Yeah, that way. There is a chance here on the last question.
Speaker 5: A cat off.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, No, I don't think so, because just when I play this game, I like to play to the end, just because it's fun. Gets the dough, Yeah, all right. Question number ten, M.
Speaker 3: Excited, don't be mad.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is the oldest non clonal living tree species in the US.
Speaker 2: I don't know what non clonal means.
Speaker 6: This is the other one I thought would be a zero.
Speaker 2: Now I'm rethinking my answer, since what is the oldest non clonal living tree species.
Speaker 1: In the US?
Speaker 4: You want the number of the species?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: What like?
Speaker 1: How? How many years? I would like the species? The name of a tree is what we're looking.
Speaker 3: Spencer might know and I might not.
Speaker 2: Well, I had a different answer until Phil said, well I.
Speaker 1: Am a very poor zero. Spencer.
Speaker 3: If you win, I still get to pick the chick.
Speaker 4: I wonder if Seth would get this.
Speaker 2: It's a you know what non clonal means, Brody?
Speaker 3: Hmm, I can. I'll even give you an example of the opposite afterwards.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's that's.
Speaker 2: Right, that's right, non closes.
Speaker 1: Anybody need more time? Does that mean?
Speaker 2: I assume it's like like they don't grow in clusters.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Okay, you're gonna find out. Go ahead and reveal your answers. Reva says Redwood, Christine Redwood, Tony Redwood, Randall, Sequoia, Spencer, Sequoia, Chester Redwood, Max American Elm, Brody Redwood. We have a correct answer or no, correct, No, I'm trying to put this properly. We have a correct Yes, it was gonna be a zero. That makes Brody our winter winter. The answer is bristle cone pine.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was my next guess. Now tell me about the non clonal.
Speaker 1: The bristle cone pine also happens to be the oldest nonclonal living tree species in the world. The oldest one resides in California's White Mountains and is estimated to be around five thousand years old. This tree germinated before the Egyptian pyramids were built. Its exact location is kept secret for its safety. The oldest colonal tree species are quaking aspens living in Utah and are estimated to be eighty thousand years old.
Speaker 2: So those live in a colony is at the well.
Speaker 1: So the colonal species basically are all connected and they just shoot up from their roots and yeah, and not come from seeds. What's the tree you called again, the bristle cone pine. Yeah, there's a name for the very oldest one you can find, Seqoia. So Brody as the winner, you get to choose whethy five hundred dollars. Getting donation goes.
Speaker 3: This is time of year I start doing a lot of fishing with my boys, So this is the time you are like to donate to take me fishing dot org I think is what it is?
Speaker 1: Okay, what is not that? What do they promote?
Speaker 3: They promote like going fishing, like get people out fishing. Yeah, education, you know, I'm sure they may do some habitat work, but yeah, it's just getting getting people out on the water.
Speaker 1: All right, Brody's given it to take me fishing or hey thanks.
Speaker 2: It's like the kind of ending you on in a game. Where it's like eight some seven six is.
Speaker 1: Zero. Easier than the last time, but not a gimme.
Speaker 5: Still kept us on our toes.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for playing.
Speaker 2: We'll give you the seat again in the future.
Speaker 1: Do I have to say anything else?
Speaker 2: Well did just the tagline?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and you wrote it down for me. And of course, hold on a second, drum roll, please put my fancy little glasses on here. Join us next week for more Meat Eat or Trivia, the only game show where Conservations always wins.
Speaker 9: Stuck the landing.
Speaker 10: Yes, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur lock