Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus.
Speaker 1: On what matters most Ready.
Speaker 2: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIIC.
Speaker 3: I was actually watching CNBC last week and they was saying how Google's in trouble and how AI essentially is a search engine, whether whatever AI platform you're using, even me, like I use chat gbt for search engine purposes more Google at the point in time, like I want to say, like, okay, well you know when was the first elephant spotted by man? Right, I'll go to chat gbt, which essentially I'm using it for the same capacity that.
Speaker 4: You would use a Google search engine for.
Speaker 3: But I'm just so accustomed to using chat GBT that I'll use Chat GBT more than I'll use Google. So she was just saying that she thought that Google was losing the AI race and that you know, they're losing their dominance as far as their search engine is, more competition and a variety of other factors. So now they're laying off people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's never good they do.
Speaker 1: But they did something very intelligent.
Speaker 3: And I was gonna say they also, uh they got caught and then uh, Israel God's situation, they laid off I think twenty one people for that twenty eight people that chose to protest, they deal with Israel.
Speaker 4: So they've been having some issues. So what were you saying?
Speaker 1: So their roleouts haven't been great.
Speaker 2: From and we spoke about it, from Bar to even now with Gemini hasn't been great. But in this space for AI and the race for AI, they've made a strategic partnership and probably went under like people that probably can't pay attention to it. But Meta has now partnered with them to be included in their searches. And so now Meta, when you're talking about how many users under that platform three point four billion. Yeah, right onside of the Meta platforms now.
Speaker 1: The Google search Engine will.
Speaker 2: Be a part of that platform, and so that's a very strategic partnership. So I mean you can innovate, they've they've botched it on their own, and so making a strategic partnership like that is important. But yeah, the layoffs, this has been continuous. We've seen this since twenty twenty three. We've seen it multiple of tech companies. And it's really simple. They can they put out a statement and I can read this statement, but the gist of it is this, Look, we've got to cut costs because we have to win this race in AI and that's where our money, our capital expensions have to go. That's the focus of this company going forward. Anything that is not a part of that is going to be cut to the wayside. And so they cut people from their finance department, they cut some people from the search department. All these people are getting laid off because they're looking at the bottom line and saying, if we can be more efficient with less, because we know the type of money that we have to allocate to this race to even be in it, then we got to do it. And so unfortunately people lose jobs because of that. They're looking at the macro bit that we have to win this race. We have to be one or two in it, and that's the that's the focus, and they win it. Though I don't think that they have the great they have some of the brightest minds. When when we look at the infrastructure of all these AI companies, they somehow tied back to Google and they at deep at some point in their origin. They just haven't had the marketing and the rollout that these other companies have with Microsoft and Chat GBT have done. I mean, it's been incredible every I mean, it just keeps getting better. Every time they do something. The announcement is great, they updated, it's great, they add it's great. Google just can't seem to get there right yet. It's been a while. It's been a while since they had a rollout. Remember they tried the gaming system, they tried the glasses. These technologies are great and people are looking at it like that's the future. Somebody comes and does it the right way, and it's like, wait, we forgot that Google actually started that. Right before there was the Google Glasses, and then you had Meta had the Quest and then Apple obviously this division pro Now you forgot that Google was even involved in it. Then they had the gaming system that botch. They try to do the search and the chat GBT rival with that flopped. They try it now they named the Gemini. We'll see what happened. It's just playing catch up. They have the innovation in the role, it's just the execution hasn't been great.
Speaker 1: Rashot, what were we gonna say?
Speaker 3: Well, now, I was just gonna say from a just because I want to we cover news a lot of market moneys, but I also want to just give like some investment advice. And this is related to this topic where there's a lot of people that watch the show that might have just begun investing or they have not invested yet.
Speaker 4: And the first two stories that we just covered.
Speaker 3: On Apple and Google is an example why it is usually more beneficial to invest in an ETF or an index war as opposed to an individual company, right, because anything can happen, and even the strongest companies at a certain point start to decay.
Speaker 4: That's just it's just life, right.
Speaker 3: Nobody's going to be like at one point in time, Kodak was the premiere place, you know, so it's like every their industries change, right, and as industries change, giants and industries start to stumble and fall. Yeah, as you as an investor, the safest route that you can take is to invest in an index fund or an ETF because that gives you broad exposure. Right, You're not relying on just one individual company, but especially like in the in the index in the ETF, with index funds as well, they can change allocation over the.
Speaker 4: Course of time. They don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 3: Exactly, it's being done for you. So and and ETF like QQQ which is the technology ETF, and they have Microsoft, Apple will in all of these stocks as as these companies get weaker than the percentage that makes up the ETF will change over the course of time. Right, as a company like in Nvidia that gets stronger. Now you're seeing Video's position in these funds increase, right because now they it's like it's like a player, it's like a it's like an NBA team, right. Yeah, as as somebody becomes a better player, they're going to get more.
Speaker 4: Playing time head guard. Right.
Speaker 3: And then as somebody who was once a superstar, Klay Thompson shot out to Clay but as his his production starts to as his production starts to decrease, you're going to see him get less playing time. Right, that just makes sense if you want to win a championship. But imagine if all of your investment dollars were in Klay Thompson five years ago, you would have been you know, on top of but now not so much. So that's just something that, like I said, if you're if you're thinking about investing, right, just take that into consideration that whenever you invest in individual companies, it's tremendously more riskier. Yeah, and you have to pay a lot more attention because things change quickly, and you don't want to, you know, stay with a loser or a company that is underperforming for a long period of time because that could hurt your portfolio.
Speaker 1: And is like.
Speaker 2: Exactly what we went over in the master class that Ian was part of, was that exact strategy where Ian talks about to tech two index and I said, I'm going to make a cousin version of it, right, like this will be the two texts to ETFs. Not a cousin, not a cousin, A family member, a brother.
Speaker 1: How about that? A brother? He said, the cousins is dead, A brother, a brother.
Speaker 2: Of the strategy, right, because again when and this happens, I'm sure ian to you all the time. You can tell people to tech two indexes and it'll ask you, well, wh's two texts? Yeah, right, And so to even simplify it, let's just make it two indexes and two ETFs and that becomes the legs of this table. Like this investment table that I kind of drew this analogy with, it's an investment table where those are the legs of it. And if you want to after you've had experienced invested in index funds and ETFs, if you want to get singular equities, then that's what you put on top of the table to make sure they're strong companies.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, you have QQQ, but if you.
Speaker 2: Individually want to have the upside of Nvidia, then you can have that on top of your table. But make sure that you have the legs so you'll have a base first, because that's important.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: If the legs collapse, the tables falling, right, So make sure you have the base first, So that's important.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And for those who go actually anyway, vo O VTI are good ones U VGT if you want exposure to technology, but I think the overall theme in these first two stories we're talking about. I think we're seeing a decay monopolies like Apple of course had a long term stranglehold. My final expiration date for Apple is twenty thirty four, when I think things will start to unravel.
Speaker 1: They won't have the lead.
Speaker 5: Google has mismanaged a bunch of great projects, like they should have ever tried to do social media back in the day with the glasses deep mind, Like they remind me a lot of OKC.
Speaker 4: The team they have now, But.
Speaker 5: It's like you had hardening the red and bruston. You let them go for nothing, Like how do you let Ai come to prominence the way that they happened. This is one of your ideas from like eight years ago, Like ray Curlsweild was telling them about this in two thousand and five and they did nothing with it. So going back to the point is safe for the investor indexes ETFs. But I think we're seeing this is what happens when money is cheap. Capital is cheap, it's easy to hire, and then the market conditions change. And the crazy part, they haven't even raised rate yet. If they raised rates, we're really going to see things get tough.
Speaker 2: And it goes back to the topic I think you guys were talking about on Blackout. What would that company be if they didn't invest in YouTube in two thousand and seven and if Zuckerberg didn't grab Instagram, two of the greatest acquisitions.
Speaker 5: And for everyone who kept saying they shouldn't have sold YouTube to Google, they sold right before the biggest crash of modern times happened. They're smart. Let me give you a clue. When people exit and you don't hear from them again, leisure has been heard. I haven't seen Time from my space three times since he is elated.
Speaker 1: Enjoy You got to exit at the right time.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sirsky, exit at the right time.
Speaker 3: Ladies have to know when the leader party. You gotta know when the lead party. You see that meme of Kevin Hart with.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I asked Andy, what are you doing in that situation? It's by the drink.
Speaker 2: First, when the introvert is ready to leave the bar.
Speaker 4: Mandy b said you was you was cat. She said you was a cat ship.
Speaker 1: Put it put in the comments.
Speaker 2: If I bought you a flight the first quarter, No, not for the first In the second quarter, second quarter were still running though.
Speaker 5: Right put it in chats. I got five grand for somebody. If you got some pictures with me?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 5: Make sure the receipts standing on badness, you know somebody?
Speaker 4: Oh man, did you just listen if Google and Meta.
Speaker 1: Cutting back should by a flight?
Speaker 5: Oh no, we all got come back. We all got cut back. Nope, Zuckerberg got that Meta AI going crazy for a reason.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm going to be conservative.
Speaker 2: People are losing jobs, so that that mean that's the unfortunate part. But they are saying that the people who they let go can reapply for different positions within the company.
Speaker 6: So we'll see an illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts, an MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,