Speaker 1: Second date updated. You know, I googled the top ten most awkward things that can happen on a first date. They had severely late, your date talks too much, they don't talk at all, boy, or they talk out of a weird part of their body that isn't their mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh are they doing that?
Speaker 1: J I'd actually like to see that.
Speaker 2: Is that your knee talking yet?
Speaker 1: But none of those compared to what actually happened on one of our listeners first dates. His name is Will, and today he needs our help. So Will, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody has gone.
Speaker 1: Now are you talking to us out of your mouth with that? Will? Or where is that voice coming from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not sure. Somewhere else wherever you're talking out? If that's fine with us, just tell us about why you emailed the show like you had a problem with your first date the other night.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yeah, So I've been chatting with this girl. Her name's Leanne. You know, she's really pretty, and our chats online they've been really good, but it's been heating up more and more.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, are you excited about that?
Speaker 3: I wanted to meet up with her, you know, but I haven't officially said anything up or anything like that. And then the craziest thing happened. I randomly ran into her while I was yeah, I was out on another date with a different girl at a bar.
Speaker 2: Whoa wait, well, what do you mean? Like you saw her down the bar? She came up to you?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: I was sitting at the bar top with my date and two people walk up to the bar and they sit directly to my right. I look over and the person who's next to me, I don't recognize them, but one chair over it's Leanne.
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: Was she also on a date?
Speaker 3: No, it was some other girl, maybe a friend.
Speaker 2: I would be hiding the entire time. I wouldn't tend to.
Speaker 1: Underneath the bartop. What do you do there?
Speaker 6: Will?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean that would all be good and well, except for we locked eyes with one another.
Speaker 4: Oh god, who said something first?
Speaker 3: I introduced her to my date.
Speaker 4: My that's funny, though, I mean, you have to write, does what did you say?
Speaker 3: I dropped the f B my friend Leanne.
Speaker 1: I think that's fine, that's fine from his perspective, But what's Leanne's take on that?
Speaker 3: The look on Leanne's face, it was basically like, are you e F and kidding me?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I mean, but what other word where he's supposed to use as long as you didn't introduce your date as like your wife or something like right your girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would imagine that you tried to cut off that conversation as quickly as possible.
Speaker 3: I tried. I mean there's also another level to this, because she'd asked me before if that same night worked for us to go out, and I told her I couldn't because I was busy. Oh my god, Oh.
Speaker 1: You why you got caught busy? You didn't say what he was busy with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just talking to her.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't know if you were want to go on like you wouldn't want to know someone's going on to date that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no cheating or anything. It's just awkward. Thing is weird?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And you know, in all fairness, I had booked the date with that girl before, so technically I was busy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you who were you most excited to go out with, Leanne or the girl you were already out with?
Speaker 1: Oh you know, well here's an easier question. Who are we calling today?
Speaker 3: We're calling Leanne?
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's the answer you should probably give.
Speaker 4: That's probably because he already has another date lined up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you guys can edit that pause out right?
Speaker 2: Sure, No, no we can't.
Speaker 1: Well, so, how so that's already extremely uncomfortable for everybody involved. How did the rest of that night go?
Speaker 3: Well, add insult to injury, My Dave was like flirting and touching my arm the whole time, Like, I'm just over there. I'm trying to finish up my drink as quickly as I can so we can get the hell out of there.
Speaker 1: You're like, I get it, I get it, I'm cute. Let's just get out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean eventually Leanne and her friend got up and left.
Speaker 2: They left first.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not a good look. Have you heard.
Speaker 3: Anything from Leanne after the date? I texted her and I was like just trying to do damage control. I'm like, hey, sorry, that was pretty awkward, but I really do want to see you, And of course I got no response, which fuck yeah.
Speaker 2: It could just be hard.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, even though it's like you did nothing wrong, like she'll never be able to see you without that other girl, now, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, well, you know, a lot of times when we do these types of calls that seem fairly obvious for the reason why you're not getting a call back, it turns out not to be that. So maybe I'm thinking Leanne just had a bad snack at the bar, a little tummy, it had to go home. She's like, he only had one date. What a loser. Maybe Alexis is this fixable?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. For sure. He didn't do anything wrong. It's just awkward, so we just gotta make up for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, he never actually, like completely lied, He just said that he was busy, so that works in his favorite He must be very, very good looking if he has multiple women wanting to go out with him, totally And he didn't in her face either that night, Like he could have been a jerk about it and been really open, but he was trying to be like koy and quiet and like get out of there.
Speaker 4: Point yea was the other girl isn't like way more ugly or way more hotter than she is.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Texas and some pictures of these girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like there's a weird thing if you're like on either spectrum some reason, Well.
Speaker 1: We'll work on that, and in the meantime, we'll come back and we will call Leanne for you and try to convince her to give you another chance with your second date update. Right after this second date update, out of all the bars and all the towns and all the world, our listener, Will had to pick the worst one because he was on a first date with a woman and another girl that he'd been chatting with on the dating apps just happened to walk.
Speaker 2: In, Oh, sit right next to him.
Speaker 1: So what do you do? He decided to introduce the two of them to each other.
Speaker 2: They already made eye contact. Jeff, there was no way back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't hide at that point. And Leanne, the girl that we're about to call here today, is not texting Will back after that awkward bar encounter. I am no curious, Will. What about that other girl that you were with? Where are you at h with her? Is that still on the table? Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, totally still on the table. I'm just kind of how do I put.
Speaker 2: This shopping around?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I'm kind of waiting to see what Leanne says. So, I don't know. My mom always raised me, you know, a bird in the hand is worth to the bush right.
Speaker 2: God means keep one on the line.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 1: Okay, but we're not going to say those things while Leanne is on the phone. Yes, of course we should bring up the awkward encounter, but we'll trying lightly gloss over.
Speaker 4: And he's putting more effort into this date with Leanne obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, yes, yes, we have a game plan. Let's call her, we'll see if she picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey is this Leanne? Hey Leenn. You're on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Brain Freeze. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: My co host is frequently drinking during the show, so that's probably so she gets accent. But just to cut right to it, we're doing a segment here called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners who you've been chatting with online recently named Will. Okay, but I mean you're not laugh You're not chatting with him anymore.
Speaker 6: According to him, definitely not.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait to hear your side of this story, because yes, we have heard about kind of an awkward run in that happened between you and him at a bar.
Speaker 1: Ohh he was on a date with another woman, super super awkward.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, tell us what I mean from the beginning, you walk into the bar and then what I mean.
Speaker 6: I was totally shocked because he told me he couldn't meet up that night because he was busy. I mean, he wasn't lying, he was busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, not the excuse you wanted to see. But yeah, I mean we understand that you probably didn't feel great about what you saw.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, And I mean it was uncomfortable to be sitting there, but it was literally the only seats. And my friend was like, oh, there's two seats at the bar, and she led us over there and I sat down and I looked over and there with Will and I was like at first, like initially kind of thinking, oh, what a coincidence, maybe he's just here, And then I see there's a girl next to him, and I was like mortified. I thought I was going to die. Oh no, I don't know. Clearly there was someone more important than me because he.
Speaker 5: Girl.
Speaker 6: That kind of sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Philip, I don't think that you should take it personally. I think he was really excited about you. You just already made plans with somebody else.
Speaker 6: I decided I'm not playing that game. I'm bound out.
Speaker 2: You think it's a game, yes, I.
Speaker 6: Mean if you're dating a ton of people, like, it's not something that you're looking for a real connection. You're just looking for connections, And that's not what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: So you're not talking to anyone else.
Speaker 6: No, I I was looking to talk to one person, and when I found somebody that I connected with, you know, I don't really talk to anybody else because that's just not my vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hear what you're saying. And I think I would feel the exact same way as you do if I was in your shoes, like, feel like I'm getting passed over for somebody who's being chosen ahead of me. But here's the thing. We've actually talked to Will, and he told us how much he was connecting with you, and how excited he was to eventually meet up with you, and how terrible he felt about the situation that happened, Like, is there any possible way that you could see yourself being open to just having a conversation with him about it?
Speaker 6: What is there even to talk about? Like, we both know what happened. I'm surprised he even wants to go this route.
Speaker 4: Why why he's not doing anything wrong? Like what he's doing is more normal, Like he didn't know probably even that you only wanted to talk to him, Like.
Speaker 6: I definitely said, I am not someone who sleeps around. I'm not someone who dates around.
Speaker 4: Okay, but everybody says that, you know, they don't really mean a different dating patterns.
Speaker 1: Morality isn't really the strength of this show.
Speaker 2: So he who hasn't said I never do this.
Speaker 1: That's why I think we need to hear what Will has to say in this situation, because he is on the phone right now, listening and wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: He's on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how the segment works. I think he's well.
Speaker 6: That I have said right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah you heard all that.
Speaker 2: Please don't you.
Speaker 6: Want to hear it? Not really, That's why I did not respond to him. I didn't really want to talk to him at all.
Speaker 1: He's trying to.
Speaker 6: Talk to you, So now I don't have choice. I have to talk to him whether or not.
Speaker 3: Okay, Leanne, I look, I just want to say I am so sorry you felt disrespected. I mean to be honest with you, I felt terrible the entire time. I mean, like, what are the odds that we would end up at the same exact bar the same night? Crazy?
Speaker 6: Actually, I think are pretty good odds, because now that I've talked to a few of my girlfriends about it, apparently this probably would have happened regardless.
Speaker 2: What huh?
Speaker 3: Why? I mean?
Speaker 6: I went home that night after the bar immediately told my friend about what showed her your photo and she goes, oh my god, are you kidding? He's been chatting with me about going out too.
Speaker 1: No, what shut up?
Speaker 6: A lot?
Speaker 1: Is your friend.
Speaker 6: Dating the whole city?
Speaker 5: It's a small.
Speaker 3: It's a little weird that you're coming at me for just talking to a lot of girls. That's normal, you know.
Speaker 2: Did you know? Did you know you were talking to her friends, like, you know.
Speaker 3: On their social media? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Men, men don't usually go that far. We're just like, are they good looking?
Speaker 2: You've gone on a date with her best friend already?
Speaker 6: They had planned it, they just haven't done it yet.
Speaker 2: She was on the schedule.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Will's roster of potential dates is too big for your liking.
Speaker 2: Lean potential dates.
Speaker 1: Actually gone out with any of these women yet, But just the fact that they're even in the lineup.
Speaker 4: I mean, if it's your best friend, it is kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's more than just a best friend. It's an entire apartment building of friends.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, radius on zero point zero one model, I think more than anything.
Speaker 2: What's your like profile? Tips? Because it sounds like.
Speaker 1: What was your name again? I'll just change no, I'm sorry. Well you you wanted to say something, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, listen.
Speaker 5: I understand I may be talking to too many people, but look, you know we hung out, and I promise to drop that number under to under ten to under ten.
Speaker 1: Remember, Leanne, we've talked to a lot of guys on this show, and I can say that is a extreme gentleman move right there.
Speaker 3: And the other thing, I can even show you the profiles. They are really like, really good looking women to it, and I would give that off.
Speaker 2: You're going to show the ones that you're willing to drop to prove to her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not for girls.
Speaker 2: She should see them.
Speaker 1: Make sure there's no other connection. You know, we're running out of time here, so I got to offer, Leanne, we would like to send you out on an official date. With Will. We'll almost make a bunch of money if he's got all these dates. And you're right, Will doesn't need money because we're going to pay for this date if you agree to it, and he knows a bargain. So there you go. What do you think, Leanne?
Speaker 3: Will come on?
Speaker 2: At this point? All right, Leanne, what is it?
Speaker 6: I just got to say I'm not interested? And I can say my roommate isn't interested, either the best.
Speaker 2: Friend or no good. It's clarification either way.
Speaker 1: It's a double no, which you rarely ever get on this show. Two knows from two different people. Well, I'm sorry, seven other options. You have seven hundred other options, so there's more than that. You're luck whittling it down, buddy, Sorry, Will?
Speaker 5: All right, in all fairness, look, I'm bummed, len are you?
Speaker 1: Are you bummed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna be bummed for about five minutes until you.
Speaker 4: Boats brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Dating really has changed a lot.
Speaker 4: I thought she would be like such a stickler, you know, like I was like, oh, come on, and then the more he talked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a complete like there's gotta be a middle ground. Yeah, you could date a few people it feels like he's talking to probably like fifty sixty women all at once, maybe more. I mean that's like Leonardo DiCaprio dating Rose and everybody else on the Titan all at the same time. Yeah, he's got girlfriends in first class and second class, all the way down in the boiler room.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we should have picked a girlfriend that was on a boat, for God's sake, Take the one on the door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get them away from each other. Anyway, make sure you listen to our podcast. I know it didn't work out for us here, but we are actually pretty decent at getting these second dates. Yeah, so you can hear all of them, and make sure to slide into Jose's d MS if you have a second If you want a good time, please do. I'll show you a great time before I annoy.
Speaker 2: Will's got extras
Speaker 3: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.