Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your allegedly and my Voice mugs, T shirts, rain drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. That's right. Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality the King. It's me Carlos kings the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows, and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops.
Speaker 2: Yes, So today's episode Reality of the King. I'm there with the creata of all things fabulous and the best showing Bravo. I've been saying this for years, and y'all know it's true. Maritime Medicine. Give it up for my girl, my Queen Mariah hah, I'm ting for myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You look. First of all, you look amazing.
Speaker 3: Thank you, so do you well?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Honey? You know I did take a bath today.
Speaker 3: I'm you look radiant, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'll watched my face with neutral Gina pink grape brute and you know I'm not on a zimpic, but I do love to like put things in my body to make sure the weight stays gone good.
Speaker 3: No, what is your secret?
Speaker 2: Because you look fantastic?
Speaker 3: Peace? Oh peace, I'm happy.
Speaker 4: I'm at peace and I think it radiates up in and out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: Where have you been because we miss here.
Speaker 3: I've been working. I'm a receptionist, a custodian.
Speaker 4: Like this was my you know, Sleek Studios was my next project.
Speaker 3: And you know, we know how it is. We're perfectionists. You want to work on something you wanted to be right.
Speaker 4: So I really I feel like the last four years and it took a little bit longer than I expected. I expect quarantine, COVID, all of these things.
Speaker 3: But I've been here.
Speaker 4: Like I really have, and I felt like God was telling me to be still and focus on this because you.
Speaker 3: Know, after going through.
Speaker 4: Married to medicine and doing production, I wanted to be able to create a canvas in a place in our own backyard where it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't a controlled environment. Shit, I wanted to be able to clown and cut.
Speaker 1: Up at my own.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, but I have to give you your flowers before we start this interview process, because carnations and roses.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Tell me what? Because you give all the girls flowers? Do I you do?
Speaker 2: Mm hm?
Speaker 3: I do love the girl you do? You do bad?
Speaker 4: It's not bad, but I love for you to be very distinctive in which type of flowers.
Speaker 3: You're giving who.
Speaker 4: Okay, because it's not the same type of garden nowadays.
Speaker 2: It you have Barry White's Secret Garden mixed in with eld Barge.
Speaker 1: Yes, a little sprinkle of that.
Speaker 2: I mean he did the best verse in the song you have a Garden. Because I don't know too many people that can say they created a franchise, Okay. And I want people to understand this. It's not like you have this idea and everybody around the production or the network had to cultivate it for it to make sense. I don't think people understand. You came up with the title married to Medicine, You cast all guys.
Speaker 1: She did all of this before even pitching to a network.
Speaker 2: You came up with the title you cast all the girls. You shot a sizzle reil, a sisor rel is a it's like a pilot episode to pitch the networks. You funded it yourself, You funded the treatment.
Speaker 1: Not too many, girl, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know anybody personally who did it that way.
Speaker 3: Tell you actually what I did. Some of that is true, But let me just correct a couple of things. Okay, I didn't. I didn't just do a scissor reel.
Speaker 4: I had did multiple scissor rules and an extended one, and I did fund it.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 4: And the one thing I did not do is name it married to Medicine. Okay, So I had multiple casts, and I was already picked up on another network. I was picked up on TOC and I chose to go with Bravos. So I did picked up the Doctor's Wives Club.
Speaker 1: Doctor's Wives Club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they ended up doing. And I chose to go with.
Speaker 4: Bravo because I felt like it was more succinct the base of who we.
Speaker 3: Were selling to, you know, the type of women we were.
Speaker 4: I just thought the Bravo audience was ours up and through, like that's where I wanted to be or whatever. So the only thing I didn't do was name it married to Medicine. I had multiple aim like we had unmedical doctors, wives club cast, all the women paid for had everything, had multiple multiple reels and it was.
Speaker 3: A lot of work.
Speaker 4: So there was no vanity title there because I busted my ass and it took me four years to get it picked up at multiple places. And of course once it got picked up at one place, all the networks came calling.
Speaker 1: Mm. Yeah, so a bidding war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It literally was a bidding war. So what I was trying to do, you know, the girls get sneaky.
Speaker 4: So when it got picked up by Bravo and TLC, I said, listen, so our be on the one on Bravo and let me just do a different version of it on TLC. TLC said no, ma'am, if you're not on it, we don't want it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was trying to do two different ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you want a two separate checks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted you multiple streams is the key.
Speaker 1: You're such a Libra all the through.
Speaker 3: I am too much of a Libra. We love multiple and we love balance.
Speaker 1: We do we love balance.
Speaker 3: We're off balance and throws us off. The pitching was.
Speaker 2: A lot the pitching was a lot, and obviously you created the show. It became a huge hit out the gate this season, I believe it's their tenth season.
Speaker 1: There's ten seasons.
Speaker 2: You still get a credit, you still get a check, Yeah, several.
Speaker 3: I have multiple credits, so.
Speaker 4: People don't watch at the beginning and the end, so I have the creative buy and executive producer credit. People don't watch, but if you watch all the way through, they do it so fast.
Speaker 3: They want my shit real fast. But I still get to two predacy. It's a big deal cause it's two separate roles, you know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I get the EP and as well as creative by or.
Speaker 2: Kept concept by, and you get paid per episode.
Speaker 3: May you asking a lot of questions? I get a call, I get a.
Speaker 2: Que CA you're happy with the money you're receiving.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't think you can ever be paid your worth mm and so.
Speaker 3: No, I I don't think so. I think it's different when you're on a show, you know.
Speaker 4: I I feel like from a talent perspective, it almost felt like you know you were you could see the money a lot more. But I'm happy with what I've created, what I've built and jump being I it being a jumping board to all the other things I'm.
Speaker 3: Doing, you know what I mean. That's the way I have to look at it.
Speaker 4: I can't look at it as I should have been paid more than I just I don't get caught up in that because.
Speaker 3: I be a bit of bitch and I don't wanna be that. So no, I think I deserve a lot more money, you know. But I'm good. You're good, you good, and you and I've done a l I've done a lot more with a lot less.
Speaker 4: Mm, so imagine what I'm doing now.
Speaker 2: Well, well we can see that being in this studio from Marian Media.
Speaker 1: That is just super impressive.
Speaker 2: We t we spoke last year, so I won't regurgitate those same questions.
Speaker 1: But can you explain to the audience, those.
Speaker 2: Who may not have watched last year's interview, what happened to where you can create a show.
Speaker 1: Star on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't wanna put words in your mouth, but where you pushed out of maritime medicine?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolute, I think so. I think my contract ran out, my cont just like.
Speaker 4: Many of the girls, My contract ran out from a talent perspective, cause I had multiple contracts, you know, the producer contract and the talent contract.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize in the beginning that was.
Speaker 4: The goal the entire time was to push me out from a talent perspective, cause you don't they don't ever want you to have too much power, you know, in.
Speaker 3: Front of the camera and behind the camera.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I did feel as if I was pushed out, But you know what, in hindsight, I feel like maybe it was best cause.
Speaker 3: I I don't think it was best for the show.
Speaker 4: M I think it wasn't a good decision for the show.
Speaker 3: And that's all I know. Was bullshit in the game, because it wasn't for the show. It wasn't best.
Speaker 4: I n there's no way they can come up with any reason why I should be out of the show where they come up with a line or you're on the island, or the girls aren't.
Speaker 3: Doing this, or the girls.
Speaker 4: Don't wanna hang with you. You know, they always do their they vote you out. You know, it's just it's all.
Speaker 3: Kind of a unscripted script. So yeah, I feel like I was.
Speaker 4: A bit pushed out prematurely, but I think it backfired in a lot of ways and I don't think it was best for the franchise, you know, And I I try not to honing in on it too much because the first thing they'll say, she's mad, And it's not that. I just don't like the way in which it was done. And I did feel as if I was stabbed in my back, my heart, my juggler, in my eye. I with with all of those ladies. I did you know, I'm not even mad at the producers. You can't let the devil use you. They had to have a vessel. And I felt like all of those ladies, yeah, cause they didn't have a reason. I'm not just I wasn't perfect, but I was damn good producer of amazing talent. So it just it didn't make sense. And we all would have got keep it. We would've kept getting cute coins cause I was always fair. They know that I was what what was best for the show. I will always say no, we we can't do this. I fought for em, all of.
Speaker 3: Us to have a MFN. On the talent side, there was no you get paid more, you the best.
Speaker 4: You d despite what people think it w I never had the attitude of I'm the queen b paid me the most.
Speaker 3: No, the talent.
Speaker 4: Side, everybody get paid the same, And as soon as I left, they went to war about that Jackie gets paid more than quad or this person gets See.
Speaker 3: I didn't want that.
Speaker 4: Cause I knew that there would always be a point of dissension, you know, because it's it's an ensemble cast, and every season somebody's gonna rise, it's gonna be focused on someone, and so you know, it's just everybody get a time to shine. So you know, I I think they did a lot of things to me that was it was very per it felt very personal, and it did feel a bit discriminatory, and nobody had my back. So yeah, I that that kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.
Speaker 2: You felt that because you're a black woman, there was some discrimination involved.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was because I'm a black woman, a woman, a strong woman, I don't know, but I I I I don't think it was normal. I don't think it makes sense and I cannot fathom to this day any.
Speaker 3: Of those women would go along with it.
Speaker 4: With how hard I had worked for all of us to be seen on such an amazing platform to be I just wanted us as black families. It's minority families to be seen as successful minority families. I mean, it seems very small, but it's you know, you don't see a lot of it on TV, and I just thought it was important for us to tell our stories. You know, it wasn't love and hip hop, and there's no offense in love and hip hop.
Speaker 3: Cause that's a part of our culture.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this was just a different side that I know we needed to see, and it was certain things that was important to me. The education, the families actually being married to medicine rather it's the career or having someone in in in the field of medicine. I just felt like we needed to keep that connection to keep the credibility of the show.
Speaker 3: And I was really really s I M.
Speaker 4: I'm extremely passionate and sincere about that, and I wouldn't go back down. I didn't care the housewives had women that was no longer married. I didn't want that.
Speaker 3: For marriage to menadicine.
Speaker 4: No, not at all, and wrong or right or indifferent. I don't want that from married to medic because it's on every other show. I wanted to see married minority families, educated families because we exist now, we.
Speaker 3: Could be we not cases.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, but we exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I just wanted it to stay true to that.
Speaker 2: There were accusations from the girls that you would say things to them like this show is called.
Speaker 1: Married to Mariah? Yeah, is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 4: So but the other part of that that they're not seeing is all of the ladies knew that it wasn't them.
Speaker 3: I was at war, at war with.
Speaker 4: That I would say yes, married to Mariah, or they knew that I was fighting a much bigger.
Speaker 3: War behind camera. Whatever you saw on camera, the real real war.
Speaker 4: Was behind camera when the cameras went off, when the lights went off.
Speaker 3: So if I didn't tell my.
Speaker 4: Story, if I didn't call myself the queen be married, you know, married to Maria, people wouldn't even know I was an executive producer or creator of that show. Do you think those ladies would have told my story. I had to tell who I was and stand up in.
Speaker 3: The role I create, in what I created, cause.
Speaker 4: Nobody would have told my story if I would have went with.
Speaker 3: What they say, trust the process. If I would have trusted the process, it'll look like I would.
Speaker 4: Have been another doctor's wife that came in and out on that show, and they would have been happy with that, kind of like the critical race theory.
Speaker 3: They would have wiped me out of history if they could, and still try to.
Speaker 2: So the thing is this, when you were say those things, yeah, that wasn't towards the girl.
Speaker 3: They knew that. They knew that.
Speaker 4: I felt like they were being used, like don't come at me like that, you know what it is. And sometimes it was a little shady, ain't gonna lie. Sometimes it was shade, like don't do me, Like come on, cause I didn't have an issue with any of those ladies. I didn't have a reason to go up against them, but I felt like, why would they bring the extra Like why would.
Speaker 3: They be the ones to take me out.
Speaker 4: One of the women actually said to me, they want me to be the person to put the nail in your coffin.
Speaker 3: They want me to be the person to put the nail in your coffin.
Speaker 4: Another woman went to the pre production meeting and said, if I talked to Mariah, will I be fired from married to medicine?
Speaker 3: Facts? Will I be fired from married to medicine? So you have to understand what I was up against. And they all knew it.
Speaker 4: You know, they knew what it was, so it was never against them, like we think about it. When Quid and I had a we had a fallout, but it was just a for real, for real it was just a girlfriend fallout. It became magnified. That's why to this day she can't say what she said. I minimized her. No, they made you feel like we were one and two. They made you feel a certain kind of way. You know, I might have made little comments here in there, but no different than anybody else. What did I call simone book too? Like that's that's in a big scheme of things. That's what y'all mad about. Not the easter buddy, Yeah, something like that, Like for real, they can't just.
Speaker 2: Patty, Well, this thing is what I know about working on ensemble shows with women, right, Yeah, it is a high environment, it is, right, It's.
Speaker 1: A pressure cooker.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And obviously you're in these situations and you fight, but you love her, and and and in the reverse, I had this reaction of you saying, not only were some of the ladies telling you that, look, this has to be the final nine in your coffin. If I talked to Maria rocket Fire I'm gagging because I heard something similarly when I spoke to Quad recently, when she said that Simone told her, if I talked to you, Toya.
Speaker 1: Is going to be mad at me. And I can't have her mad at me.
Speaker 4: See, that's so crazy to me. That's so crazy. That's what's wrong with the show now to me.
Speaker 3: You know, it's become so.
Speaker 4: Many it's like they put you on an island. They all decide, you know that, hey, we can't talk to her. It becomes a form of bullying. I don't even want to say that because you know, I don't want to say anybody bullied.
Speaker 3: Me, you know, because I'm a tough girl. But I think that's the problem with.
Speaker 4: It, Like and it loses the sincerity or it just doesn't feel authentic when you do that. If you want to talk to a bitch, talk to a bitch. You know, it's a show, it's an ensemble cash.
Speaker 3: You should be able to talk to who you want to.
Speaker 4: But when they it's almost too pre it's pre produced, or it's overproduced. Like you should be able to talk to who you want to. They come against you and they say, hey, we're not.
Speaker 3: Talking to her. I can't even.
Speaker 4: Imagine what missus sweet Tea is going through because they in their mind, they've already decided this lady is not gonna be a part of our group moving forward. To me, from what I see from Afar, and I don't really watch it like that, just from the sniffets I see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, she's fighting a war. She's already lost, and it's not fair to her.
Speaker 2: When Quad was sent home, uh huh by the girls. Okay, do you think that was Qua's karma for the way you were treated as well?
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 4: Quad deserving them more karma than resting them ladies, I don't. I think they're all the same, and I think that they were gonna stab each other in the back, and I.
Speaker 3: I just so, I don't know. I don't know if that was her karma karma or not.
Speaker 4: I just I know that the way in which they did it wasn't right. I don't like I see, I don't like to play games like they don't fly me out to a place.
Speaker 3: This still is my job. And now they messing with the girl money. They know. See when they went.
Speaker 4: To the per episodic fee and stuff, you gotta think of what they're doing that, I think her out so.
Speaker 3: She can't make a certain amount of money. It's what I see.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it was you tell.
Speaker 3: So it's stupid.
Speaker 4: It's stupid to me because they shouldn't be able to control that, and they should never let the producers put them in a position where they even care about that.
Speaker 3: As long as you're getting.
Speaker 4: YO coin, you showing up doing the most, you doing your best, that's what.
Speaker 3: You should worry about. You shouldn't worry about how many scenes Quad has.
Speaker 4: You know, a sweet Tea or Auntie or you know, Arnold Palmer had like to me, just come yeah, you give.
Speaker 3: Your best and show up.
Speaker 4: So that's what I don't like when they get where they start plotting and planning and trying to push other people out. So I don't know if it was Quad's karma, but I think that she's getting a dose of her own medicine with the voting out.
Speaker 3: Shit. They should have never started that, and I've always.
Speaker 4: Said that, don't allow them to do certain things to me. I said this in the beginning because it's going to be a part of it's going to be a part of the DNA of the show. Once they do it to me, They're going to do it to you too. I hated the whole voting out thing. Why are you so that was.
Speaker 1: Really happening behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, when they were ready for somebody to go, they would do it through the women.
Speaker 1: And the women were just listening and they will go along.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Why I I guess they felt like whoever was signing the checks, like they just want to stay.
Speaker 3: On and keep getting a check.
Speaker 4: But they have more power in numbers and when they stick together and stick for what's right. You gotta have integrity in some of this stuff, you really truly do.
Speaker 3: And sometimes if it means.
Speaker 4: Sitting down and being on the time out and missing the season, it's okay because if you're good, it's gonna it's gonna come back. But you know, you gotta know your worth and know your power.
Speaker 3: And I don't think that they're doing that. I really really don't. I think that by Now she should have spent off.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, you're telling me to my face that you believe Quad by Now should have a spin off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's single, Like, why she on't me? I just don't understand. I'm not being funny. I don't understand, and you can't tell me. You you you seem.
Speaker 2: To think that's we're gonna have a real conversation because we're why.
Speaker 3: I do not understand how she's married to medicine in any way. I don't. I it does not make sense to me. And I'm okay with saying that. I think when her and.
Speaker 4: Doctor G got a divorce, I don't think she should have been kicked off the show.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: I think we should have shown They should have shown the way in which they transitioned what they were doing in their separate lives and showed her.
Speaker 3: Building a building a new life.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I mean it still builds the show, and it still goes back to married to Medicine.
Speaker 3: It's just one of the you know, one of.
Speaker 4: The branches of married to medicine to me, show her dating, show her and her and that.
Speaker 3: Now, if that doesn't work, then so be it. But if she's a star, then let her shine and in another avenue.
Speaker 4: But it's a lot of doctor's doctor's wives that deserve to be shown.
Speaker 1: Do you think Quad is a star?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think all those ladies are, though in some ways I think all of them have star qualities. I think all of them have something that makes them shine.
Speaker 3: Now, can they carry shows? Ah, maybe not so.
Speaker 2: Much if you because one thing that I want the world to know is this, I create shows for a living. When you create a show of the network, there's language if you know how to do your contracts right where you have the right to have spin offs, Yeah, meaning create spin offs based only ensemble. If you were still a part of Maritime Medicine, would you have created a.
Speaker 1: Spin off for Quiet? And if so, what would that spin off be?
Speaker 4: So it may not have been the first spin off. You know, I would have spent off married to medicine in other cities.
Speaker 3: I absolutely would have done that because I think it.
Speaker 4: I think it's a medical hub in Houston for minorities, a lot of places that it just you know, it would have catapulted.
Speaker 3: But for Quad, I think I would have did.
Speaker 4: Just some simple I mean back to the basis finding love or you know, you know her just being her funds.
Speaker 3: She's a fun girl. She's a fun girl.
Speaker 4: I think I would have just showed her outside of the group. It almost seems like it take it's starting to take away from her to me knowing her, but knowing her at the show and like pre married to medicine. When she started, I think it it was big, and now it's almost kind of like it's I don't know, it just doesn't seem like it's she's n I don't see the growth like like she I don't think she's happy. I don't think she would be with any of those hang out with any of those women if she was getting paid.
Speaker 3: And that's evident to me.
Speaker 1: Do you miss her?
Speaker 4: I used to I don't anymore because I think she's become so much like them. She's new like it's it's it's a I think the only person that's kind of the same as Toya love her a hater.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But I think Quad is more of a diva now and that's not my personality.
Speaker 3: Now. I read a bit, but you know that's not I don't. I don't do that. I'm extra credit, but I don't treat people a certain That's not my thing. She's a little different now.
Speaker 1: She said to me that.
Speaker 2: She always saw YouTube being like THEMLA Louise.
Speaker 3: She didn't. I did, she didn't. Quad was ready to go against.
Speaker 4: Me first season, first season reunion, Go Back and look, she was ready to go. I can tell you almost to the day when they flew her to to California and told her, you deserve to be number one, not number two. When we was always a duo, I was never I didn't I never got jealous a quad. I never thought she was in a breakout star. I wouldn't have had her on. I thought she was a star.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: I thought she had something great. I thought we had great chemistry, and I thought she was funny. It could be I thought she if they really show it, like they still haven't show.
Speaker 3: I remember Qui having a breakdown in.
Speaker 4: My garage first season, and the shit was so funny. They missed so many moments and they got it on camera, like she just couldn't adjust to the cameras initially, like she was just you know, we're so real from Tennessee. And it was hilarious trying to see her transition into what they wanted her to be because they had their minds who and what they wanted her to be, as you know, as the underdog or whatever, versus just letting it play out, you know. So I never thought that, honestly, I went into it like that.
Speaker 3: Everybody else around me seeing something different.
Speaker 4: I thought that we were a duo and we were going into it together. But I don't think that that was really truly what it is what it was at all.
Speaker 1: I was told that.
Speaker 2: Allegedly you were jealous that Quad was the breakout star, that you said something along the lines, she's ghetto.
Speaker 1: How should the breakout star?
Speaker 2: You guys had a dinner meeting at STK, got into a physical altercation, no drinks were thrown, all that stuff all because of this jealousy.
Speaker 4: So I think the most insulting part for me is that I was jealous of anybody on this show that I gave an opportunity to. First of all, I'm a smart girl. I know what comes with an ensemble cast. Even though I hadn't produced a big show before, I knew.
Speaker 3: What came with the territory. Believe you me, I did.
Speaker 4: I could have easily went onto Housewives of Atlanta and just been another star Ben Drum and just been about myself or tried to pitch something about my show.
Speaker 3: I thought we all.
Speaker 4: Had stories to tell, and I thought that Quad and I definitely had.
Speaker 3: Stories to tell. We were because I thought we were unique.
Speaker 4: I thought we came from Tennessee, you know, in a sense of you know that country girl. I just thought it was something different. I always expected her to blow up. So the fact that they started saying that was just crazy to me because I didn't think I wasn't the breakout star or I didn't think.
Speaker 3: The other ladies didn't do.
Speaker 4: I didn't look at it like everybody else did. So when they start saying that, it really threw me off cause I never was jealous or looked at her like that.
Speaker 3: You have to think that was my girlfriend.
Speaker 4: I wanted her to be on this show by any means now. So she wasn't married, and I casked her on the.
Speaker 1: Show, did she marry Greg to get on the show?
Speaker 3: I I can't say that. I don't know. I don't know why she I don't know you.
Speaker 1: Know why she married Greg.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying no, no, no, I mean I don't know. Greg was a nice guy. I thought he was nice. But she was married.
Speaker 4: I mean, she was dating my cousin, my first cousin, So I had nothing to do with the integration with her and Greg and them meeting or any of that. So I can't I really can't speak to that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did she live with you?
Speaker 3: Never? Never?
Speaker 1: Mm mm, heavenly swears up and down.
Speaker 4: No, So you know what it was. I'm made a comment one time on the show.
Speaker 3: Uh, I think to.
Speaker 4: Toya and I made some I made a comment and I said, you know what, she can't say anything because her license plate was her address. When I you know, you know, when we cause my sister and I helped her get a place or something.
Speaker 3: I don't you know, it's not even trying to get credit for it. But that was the comment.
Speaker 4: But she never lived I've never had a woman to live with a married goddamn woman.
Speaker 3: Do I look like TYPEGGA. No, she's never lived with.
Speaker 4: Me or maybe even not even spent a night at my house like we were girlfriends.
Speaker 3: But we had boundaries. Yeah, so heavily.
Speaker 4: It's telling the hot mess in Miami life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When you inquired have that physical altercation in SDK, we didn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't physical. I think she threw a let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 4: She threw up my purse like she we was meeting up there. She threw my purse and I tried to get at her and everybody held me back.
Speaker 3: That was a physical physical altercation.
Speaker 4: She got in front of a group of people and threw my bag and I flipped out.
Speaker 1: I did no hair was being pulled.
Speaker 3: No, No, we didn't touch each other. We was far. It was never any No, me and.
Speaker 4: Toya had a physical altercation. It's the only physical altercation I've even been remotely close to.
Speaker 3: There was no har No, she was over there. She was over there, and I was over it. No, it was not like that.
Speaker 2: I thought you guys were testing on the Not at all.
Speaker 3: Nothing else, I swear on my children. No, not at all, not at all. She took my bab she was on one. I think she was.
Speaker 4: It was a ta see when she said m So when we said we were meeting up there, I didn't know she.
Speaker 3: Was with a group of people. So she was a group. Uh. She was with a group of like twenty people.
Speaker 4: She was at like the head, like at the head of the table, and I was sitting on the other side and she and you know, I think I had set my purse next to her or something. She took my person through it and I tried to get at her, and.
Speaker 3: That was it. That was it. I swear to god that was it.
Speaker 4: Never put our hands on each other anything like that. So when that all of that came.
Speaker 3: Out, it it just it.
Speaker 4: Really tripped me out now, and I feel like it was other people involved because we were hanging out, we were drinking, and maybe that kind of played a part, but it was never.
Speaker 3: Never.
Speaker 4: I didn't touch Quad and none of that, n nothing like That's they would have loved to have shown that. Think about that anything with me looking a certain kind of way.
Speaker 3: If that happened, you best.
Speaker 4: Believed they would have shown that on every episode you see.
Speaker 3: I'm they still show the fight from season one. Yeah, this ten seasons later. You know, you think they wouldn't have shown that.
Speaker 4: They just heard about us arguing or whatever, but they I it was off season, we had an argument.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe that it had.
Speaker 4: Made it to the season because it just really wasn't that big of a deal to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm glad you cleared that up because I believe we all thought it was something bigger than what it was. You now see the show they pushed Quad out.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't think they push Squad out.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think it's game? I don't think they push quadaut. I think that people already are starting are stuttering and going back on their words.
Speaker 4: I think it's they want you to hate her then love her. I don't think they've pushed her out. I don't think so. I think they uninvited her or brought her there. I think they umble her in their minds. They want to humble her a bit, bring her down a few, not just. They haven't pushed Squad out, and I don't think they're going to.
Speaker 3: I think it's game.
Speaker 1: But why is that?
Speaker 2: Because listen on my shows, there isn't this. And I want you to stop me if I'm wrong. A maritime medicine, which I have done plenty of, into be and I'll always get asked if you could do one show, produce one show. I always said, the Braxtons or maritime medicine, and please give me Mariti medicine, like I just I love.
Speaker 1: He was mad you didn't give me the show. But yeah, I was snapper.
Speaker 3: You know what, it ain't too late.
Speaker 1: Because I was like, in my hands on these girls, I would love it.
Speaker 2: But it seems to me like that show is ran in a way that I've never seen or experienced to where it's like there's people behind the scenes pitting you girls.
Speaker 1: Against each other, and that there.
Speaker 2: Isn't anybody saying, like, you know what, that's not right.
Speaker 1: And I'm a grown ass woman, I'm educated. I'm gonna do what I want.
Speaker 3: To do, and that's not the way I roll.
Speaker 1: Is that the environment of that show?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 4: I think they've created such a hostile environment with so much dissension that scares me that they can't. I hope that they can find their way back to just be authentic, because just if they're just all authentic, whether people love them or hate.
Speaker 3: Them, they will still watch them.
Speaker 4: But they're becoming too typecast to me, you know, like Jackie and Heavenly Friends just all I just see so many things that it's what the producers want versus what's natural to the ladies. To me, that's my perspective, that's my perception of all of them.
Speaker 1: Is the show living up to your vision?
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: I'm happy that it's lived ten seasons. Yeah, I am, and I think that's a blessing. It is, but not at all, not at all.
Speaker 3: I feel like what I brought to it, I don't know I just it's not if they could do so much more.
Speaker 4: I think that they are doing well, and it because The Housewives isn't at its peak, you know, But I just I don't know it could do so much better. Married to Medicine should be one of the top shows in America to me, and has the potential to be that.
Speaker 3: With the right producers and.
Speaker 4: A few of the people, they could get a few of the cast they could they I mean, I think are essential, but some they can recast and don't be afraid to bring in new blood. Can't You can't be afraid to shake shit up. It's okay, I mean, it's it's evolution. I mean, it happens, and if it meant me leaving, so be it.
Speaker 3: If it was best for the show or whatever.
Speaker 4: But no, it's not living up to cause I don't think that we've learned anything more. I think a lot of the ladies looks like a lot of the ladies look like one trick ponies.
Speaker 3: To me, it's the.
Speaker 4: Same old thing every season, Like why are they still voting bitches off Island?
Speaker 3: I just don't get it, Like, who does that? I don't understand that? I don't Is that wrong? Don't.
Speaker 2: No, no, And that's the reason why I started doing these weekly recaps American Medicine.
Speaker 3: We're Heavenly, Yeah, have you been watching it? I watched this last one because.
Speaker 1: They give me your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I was so confused, not confused. I was so I mean, it went from rain drops to muddy water.
Speaker 4: I don't understand, Honey, tell me how this collaboration was inspired.
Speaker 3: I just I was.
Speaker 4: I was completely confused all up and through. And how are you are giving a true, unbiased perspective doing it with somebody that's on the show that it is the missus bitch ownership? I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Please do explain.
Speaker 2: Well, oh, we know you love all the girls.
Speaker 3: Yes you do, Yes, you do. You love the girls and I love the show, and you do.
Speaker 2: She is my dentist, and she's my friend, and she's good television.
Speaker 4: She is definitely a wildcard. And that's what I've always thought of her. Heavenly is good TV when she's a wildcard.
Speaker 3: I don't like Heavenly. They when she becomes what she thinks. How I said, Heavenly is a type that.
Speaker 4: She may not watch the show, but believe you me, she is the girl that will read every comment to see what they're saying about everybody else and become what she thinks people want her to be. Believe it or not, she is that girl reads every comment. Yeah, she thinks she's the smartest person on earth. Trust me, Heavily knows what the people are saying. So if they're saying X, Y and Z, she's gonna regurgitate that and do that or whatever. So I just think that heavenly if she gets out of her own way and just really is honest. Do you think in a perfect world, in the real world, you think Heavily.
Speaker 3: And Jacket would be friends? No, it just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: No, And I said that to her.
Speaker 2: And the reason why I love giving this show as Flowers and having the platform to do it is because I really want Eyeboss to be on this show.
Speaker 4: Why why do you want eyeballs on the show so much?
Speaker 2: Because as a black person in this space, I know how we're marginalized.
Speaker 1: I know that way.
Speaker 4: When they marginalize me as the creator of the show. So knowing and knowing that, how can you still rally so hard for the very establishment that went against your girl.
Speaker 2: That's a very good question and I'm gonna be very honest with you. I never looked at it that way because I always looked at the institution because at the end of the day, you did create the show, you get the credit, and you get the coin.
Speaker 1: Right. So for me, and I'm just telling you my truth.
Speaker 2: Right, for me, it was all about making sure your legacy stayed alive, because no matter what we do on this earth, we are only beholden by the legacy in which we leave. So here you have this black man who's the king of reality television, who all of a sudden has a hip podcast or hit YouTube channel, has these eyeballs on him. I've said this since I was a show runer on the Lane of Housewives. That's a show that is the best on Bravo, Right, So me giving flowers to this show, I'm gonna be very honest with you, was me giving flowers to you too, because at.
Speaker 1: The end of the day.
Speaker 2: But I'm kind of how I see it. I saw it like, people need to know about this show before it becomes that's just another black show. Because what's happening right now in scripted is a lot of black shows are getting canceled, a lot of black scripted shows are getting canceled, and I never wanted with my platform as a black person to not interview black people. I've had people say to me, you went from interviewing Needy Leaks to Diamond from Love and Hip Hop, and I thought to myself, yea Diamond the Love and hip Hop people. I interview a chick named Monique and Derek.
Speaker 1: Her Man from Love after lock Up.
Speaker 2: I don't care what show you on because so because I don't have this platform just to like be cute and we're nice sweaters and some and some rings.
Speaker 1: So for me, it was I wanted.
Speaker 2: To make sure that this show was successful, not only for the girls, but for you. And I know there's other things associated with that show that isn't pleasing to me, but as a black person, I know that the audience don't care about that. They care about we want to make sure this show survives. So that was my intention to it. And I I'll say this though, I don't think anyone besides Heavenly and You, because we're talking about it. I'm only talking about the people who said it to me. You Quad and Heavenly have said it to me. I don't feel like the rest of those girls except Toya. I don't feel like they appreciate me giving this show a voice.
Speaker 4: So you don't feel like they appreciate you giving the show a voice. And I don't think that they ever appreciate me giving them a platform.
Speaker 3: So imagine how.
Speaker 4: I feel like, you know, so you get a just a snippet of how I feel. So I felt like they gave me their asses to kiss after I.
Speaker 3: Shared what in Simone's What Simone said to me is this is your dream.
Speaker 4: I'm just hon she said this to me, not on camera, but she said this is your dream. I am just so elated that you will allowed us.
Speaker 3: You shared your dream with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did, but it became a nightmare because I did want to share it, and the libra in me just didn't see anybody coming for me or anything like that, you know. And I do think that we made history. It's a great show, but I do think it was a smack in the face, you know, the way it turned out.
Speaker 3: So I get that you.
Speaker 4: Are giving the show a voice, and I appreciate it because it does keep it alive and keep it going, and it's huge that you do that. But I think it's your love for unscripted, for reality TV, for the girls.
Speaker 3: You know, it's your love for the girls, A lot.
Speaker 1: Of the girls I love well.
Speaker 4: But you know how hard it is to create something. It's this marit to medicine is my baby is and always will be.
Speaker 3: And they can't wipe me out of that. You know, it's history. It's my history. But you know, to your point earlier.
Speaker 4: When you talk about legacy, I didn't want to leave my legacy with them, you know, saying I did drugs.
Speaker 3: I've never done drugs.
Speaker 4: I created it like that, So that's not the way you take me out of my legacy, not with This is also my children's legacy. It's about generational wealth and creating something where they can see years and.
Speaker 3: Be proud of. How can I be proud of something I.
Speaker 4: Created as being the first African American woman to create a show on Bravo, star in it and executive produce it.
Speaker 3: How can I be?
Speaker 4: How can I be proud of it and tell my children to watch When.
Speaker 3: They're accusing me of drugs? How dare them? How fucking dare them? I did it to go against that. We have enough shows doing that. That is not my life and That is not my vice.
Speaker 1: This is my vice.
Speaker 3: If they accuse me of red wine, I am guilty and shot.
Speaker 4: But anything else that you align on me, how dare you?
Speaker 3: I just for me? It just it hit me in a It just hit me.
Speaker 4: It was a gut punch because I thought and then these are they don't get These are all as Will Ferrell will say, these are.
Speaker 3: All learned doctors.
Speaker 4: How could you allow them to accuse anybody on this cast of drugs? Do you not know that backfires with the hospital.
Speaker 3: I was a drug rep.
Speaker 4: I worked for the number one pharmaceuper company and the world Pfefizer.
Speaker 3: I sold the top two drugs in the world. Like, I had millions of dollars of drugs in my storage. Like it's just crazy. So for them to accuse me of drugs, it's just crazy.
Speaker 4: So that's not the legacy that I left behind. And the fact that none of them had enough integrity or balls to stand up as a hold up a minute.
Speaker 3: I mean not agree with Mariah, but nah, this ain't it.
Speaker 2: But that's my And I said this on my my weekly recast with Heavenly I it's so obvious that there and listen every ensemble. Shall always tell people there's alliances. I there's alliances. I listen, I believe Quad. When Simone allegedly said to her, I can't go against you.
Speaker 1: Because I don't he said that.
Speaker 4: No, I know, No, she absolutely quiet is not lying because she's the person that said to me, they want me to put the nail in your coffin, Simon, samm is deep. Yeah, she's the person that said to me, they want me to put the nail in your coffin, but I'm not sure if I can do it.
Speaker 1: So I'm a blonger. But some moon's a backstabber Agen.
Speaker 3: That's the person everybody keeps saying. Quat the person I had more Qua was my best friend.
Speaker 4: Never was jealous of her, the world of her, honestly. But Simone delivered my babies, deliver my sister babies, delivered my cousin's babies.
Speaker 3: My aunt was her nanny.
Speaker 4: That's who I had allegiance to. Yeah, she brought life in the world and my family. That's who my allegiance was always to. Miss Simon old fence riding Simon, yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So when she said that's the.
Speaker 4: Quat's NotI line, and I don't have a dog in a fight, right, But if quad said she said.
Speaker 3: That she said, and not the in QUI lie, she lied on me.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 3: On that yeah, absolutely, Yeah, that hurts you.
Speaker 2: I could tell, I could tell about your your knee jerk. You literally had a knee jerk reaction.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: And I saw, I'm gonna tell you two moments.
Speaker 2: That I knew that you really cared about the show that knees your reaction to the cocaine accusation and then and when Heavenly put the devil horns on your poster and I felt violent.
Speaker 3: Well, the thig is I was a victimized.
Speaker 2: Where you are black hair?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna call you Katrina.
Speaker 3: I am, I was.
Speaker 4: Listen, I am, And I'm gonna tell you why when.
Speaker 2: You get that you gave black hair advise, we call her Katrina.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: She's from Miami Dade County.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 2: I'm season But because as a viewer I.
Speaker 1: Would, We're gonna do a highlight. My favorite motus from you is there's a lot you hilarious to me without trying.
Speaker 2: Will you walk into the reunion with your firm as let the best biggin.
Speaker 1: And then when she uh the.
Speaker 2: FAMERR poster, you said that YETO, shit, gotta go.
Speaker 1: This is not Mare at the hip hop. She got to go.
Speaker 3: I feel like that because I thought that at.
Speaker 2: That time you really was like, what has this show become?
Speaker 3: I was, And let me tell you a lot of it.
Speaker 4: So you know when Mary's medisone we do all the reunions in New York.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so.
Speaker 4: Anybody will tell you like, and it's not for TV or anything. I created a vibe, so I had I don't know, I can't tell you what's what craft services was because I created my own They all would tell you my entire team.
Speaker 3: I had a catered corner.
Speaker 4: Everybody came over there to my corner to eat. I have created a space because I like, I'm all about energy, ecstatic.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I would have like I had a.
Speaker 4: Team to come and decorate the room, bring in furniture at the reunion in New York.
Speaker 1: You brought at your own reunion?
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely, they would, I kid you not? Yes, yes, So I had.
Speaker 4: A person to come in style the room, create everything. I'm all about an aura, I mean all about the aura.
Speaker 3: They'll tell you may I raised the bar. I raised the bar.
Speaker 4: I made those girls step it up, asked them. They came over to eat my food. My team look, and I do this every year, every year, every year, but it wasn't. This was so much shaf that I need to fill a certain kind of way. I want my team to fill a certain kind of way.
Speaker 3: And it's always a vibe.
Speaker 4: I'm about it.
Speaker 3: I'm about a vibe. We're gonna have a good time.
Speaker 4: You know, we're gonna ex because when you get out.
Speaker 3: On that stage, it's war.
Speaker 1: It is, it's war.
Speaker 3: So I created a whole vibe. So when she came in defaced my poster, like I was violated. She came in my room and see.
Speaker 4: Because I know my people and somebody would have throat punch heavily ass and then look, no dead ass for real, Like that was a seven hundred.
Speaker 3: I don't play like that. Don't tell my shit. I'm from Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Speaker 4: And while I'm living my best I don't get it twisted. She my first name is Lakeisha, and it was it almost I just shrut the reunion down by my ship. Don't bother my ship. Don't come in my room and bother my stuff. No, I was felt very violated. Now if I would have went up in there and cut up her reunion dress like see once people go low, like, don't go low and then get mad at me when I go to the bows.
Speaker 3: Of hell, like, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: You stay on your side and I'll do the same. And they thought it was kecky. You know, I didn't want to keicky in legs mac. I didn't like that, don't bother my stuff. So I was violated.
Speaker 3: And my white friends was there.
Speaker 1: They was like, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Kick her, and I was like, hold on a minute, let's not do that.
Speaker 2: Because God, because I am a huge fan of unscripted, I'm the king of reality. Also because I just I just love this genre so much. Me too, I watched that scene at least once a week. And you have this white male friend with silver hair who looks so appalled.
Speaker 3: I mean it was trade. He looked so appalled. Just but that to me was he said that bit to go.
Speaker 4: I'm talking And he went out there and said to Andy, he sak, you know enough enough, Yes, tray, honey, she had to go. All my people was like you want me to get her, you want me to get I'm gonna get her. It was one of those moments. And you talking about TV, it was the whole show.
Speaker 2: I said this to the girls too. I said the show was epic when you were on and you can't deny that, but now.
Speaker 3: It's quad shaw.
Speaker 2: Did I say that you better give me together?
Speaker 1: Baby? I said she was a breakout star.
Speaker 2: She is.
Speaker 1: Are okay? I think that you don't watch the show often? No, I don't okay to me?
Speaker 2: And I said to say he La every Monday. The show is boring without her on it.
Speaker 1: Not saying she made.
Speaker 2: The show by herself. It's the the ensemble and you. I always tell people it's like the starting five lineup in a baseball game. Lebron cannot do everything without his support. Beyonce's Beyonce because she had Kelly latav and LaToya Michelle behind her or next to her, or you know, is that Michael Jordan, Nita Scottie Pippen.
Speaker 1: And my issue with.
Speaker 2: Merriton Medicine was can you girls put the ego aside and do what's best for.
Speaker 3: The show that with me?
Speaker 2: And I told so what you don't know I don't think you know this, No, I don't. Heavenly during quarantine, that's when Heavenly started her YouTube channel, and yeah, and she invited me on and Melody at that time as Melody Holte from Love and Marriage. Meloie's great, she's a great girl. And this is before any announcement came about you coming back or not. I said to her, y'all can watch it. I said, let me tell you something I feel like and I'm paraphrasing, but I feel like you're icing Mariah out.
Speaker 1: Listen to me.
Speaker 2: Now, don't you ever do anything that's not good for the show. It's it's don't do it because I've seen I did a lot of Housewives. Yeah, and I saw sometimes they were going down that road of well, we don't and I would say that you don't cast and you don't fire. Your job is to sit there, be real, tell your real.
Speaker 1: Story and film.
Speaker 2: What's happening now in unscripted is this mob mentality. I'm seeing it on Salt Lake City, I'm seeing it on Potomac. It's it's like you need to go and what they do is they ce you out. I haven't seen in the way marrit to medicine has done it to you or to Quad, and haven't.
Speaker 3: Done the same thing to Quad that they have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, it's definitely separate. No, it's definitely separate.
Speaker 3: But it's not the same, right.
Speaker 2: No, And I wasn't trying to make it the same in terms of what we as the audience have felt, but that to me would be the destruction of the show.
Speaker 3: I think they're doing it more to Sweet Tea. I think they did it to Buffy. I think they kind of iced her, like why why is Buffy not?
Speaker 2: I'm like, Janie, I want to hear your I heard the real villain on the show?
Speaker 3: Is I heard? Absolutely? That's the fucking music.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episode drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King wherever you get your podcast. Visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions. Yes, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is a.
Speaker 2: Production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley rix An executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Ragn Entertainment, Baby