Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of trend in the Place where you live Now. Place where that is courtesy of Reasonable on the Discord Discord the Discord.
Speaker 2: Hit me up on social media if you want the discord invite, I can distribute it, you know, as some of you dmd me. But I know a lot of people, a lot of listeners want to join the discord is.
Speaker 1: Just hit me up.
Speaker 2: I will do my best to send you the link.
Speaker 1: If it's wonderful. The water is lovely in here in the Discord Discord stud that is Miles. What's that I said? Discord stew doesn't advertise.
Speaker 2: Simpsons timely.
Speaker 1: These are some things that are trending. The document's case against one Don Trump trying to rebrand for him as well.
Speaker 2: Djohon Yeah, Don Jay.
Speaker 1: Don Jay Don John Trump his so that documents case where he had all the documents in the toilet like right next to his toilet next to is like weirdly low toilet, wasn't that Yep? The toilet was just like all the way almost all the way on the ground.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't remember that part. Yeah, like it was like a preschool toilet or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like Golden that documents case is basically dead at this point because he's got one of his own kind of running the show down there.
Speaker 2: Good thing he's got appointee, Judge Cannon. Cannon there postponed the trial indefinitely basically, and her logic here was saying it would be imprudent and inconsistent with the Court's duty to fully and fairly consider it the various pending pre trial motions before the court, you know, and additional pre trial and trial preparations necessary to present this case to a jury, and then said, therefore, you know, I'm just gonna have to take it off my calendar. Said the Court therefore vacates the current May twentieth, twenty twenty four trial date, to be reset by separate order following resolution of the matters before the court. Basically just saying there's just a lot of stuff, like a lot of just a lot of pre trial issues that have to get sorted out, and you know, this is this is the one thing when a judge at this level obviously has the ability to sort of dictate what their trial calendar looks like. But most people are saying, like any judge worth their ship would obviously have these pre trial motions argued and then they would move forward. But again she's using just every technicality she can to give Don Jay Trump a nice fucking early Christmas gift. Anyway, so done, have we tried Donge Trump? Donge do smoking the Donge smoking that down, don Bro Trump. It's just everything feels uh like we're just everything. Yeah, I mean, I don't know why I ever thought maybe we'd see this guy see any kind of fucking consequences.
Speaker 1: No, it's it is interesting because like during his presidency, people are like, actually, he's like really smart because he's doing all this like judge appointing across the I just wonder if he was like, no, I'm about to commit so many crimes, like this is going to come back. Like he was just doing what he knew would allow him to get away with the crimes that he was planning to commit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunately that was the Federalist society in his ear.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah, you're like, or maybe he's in a criminal mastermind and you can tell from the boxes of documents in his shower by his tiny toilet can only get the farts down. That's a small stumps. Uh, there is a new state law in Utah that is unleashing transphobic bathroom monitoring basically in schools and other government owned buildings. People that they're demanding the people use bathrooms and change rooms that quote correspond with their sex assigned at birth, or face fines costing as much as ten thousand dollars per day for each violation. The law actually took effect in January, but the finds started the other day and so now like people are fucking scared, obviously. Yeah. And the thing that the government did to like help enforce this law is to open up a tip line for people to report on violations. Fortunately, predictably, it was quickly overrun with hoax reports. They've already received more than ten thousand submissions to the tip line, and none of them seem legitimate, both because people are trolling them and also because it's a fucking stupid law addressing a problem that doesn't actually bother anyone. It's just designed to bully people who are already some of the most bullied and victimized humans.
Speaker 2: I mean, this happens every time there's some fucking weird, regressive, you know, discriminatory fuck law on the books, and they open a snitch line. The snitch line never turns out to be fruitful. They're like, yeah, people are just I don't know why we thought people were gonna fucking help us, and actually people are just more outraged, so they'll do whatever the fuck they can to gum up the tip line. And it's funny because like the auditor who's like, you know, checking out all the complaints, He's like, and you know, some of them are fake because like sometimes they like use my name like as they submit them, and like obviously like I'm not submitting them, so like, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, why don't you let us check?
Speaker 2: Yeah, then you say, quote, no auditor goes into auditing so they can be the bathroom monitors.
Speaker 1: Oh damn man, Well and we all feel very sorry for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: That sucks, man, Like this isn't where I saw my career trajectory heading, you guys, so think about it from my perspective exactly. Yeah. Uh, anyways, keep calling that line. Uh. Oscar Meyer is dropping three flavors of stuffed hot dogs just in time for summer. This this really brought me back to I don't I think I have like the memory wrong on this one, but of a.
Speaker 2: Cheese stuff hot dog Oscar Myer cheese dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had Oscar Meyer cheese dogs. But like the consistency of the cheese in my memory is like liquid. Yeah it is. It like almost like watery? Is that? Am I fucking that all?
Speaker 2: It's more like God got it?
Speaker 1: And I don't want to cheese with in my memory it's almost like an oil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a flavor. So when you bite into it, you do see a little bit of yellow in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I remember, just I remember my whole thing. I will get home from school, I would microwave one for like a minute and ten seconds. This ship would be molten. I remember burning like I felt like I melted a tooth biting into one because it was just so fucking like unbelievably, it defied the laws of thermodynamics.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But now, but now you're gonna get Now I can melt my teeth with chili cheese or jalapeno cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now we got cheese, chili cheese, and holopengo cheese. I unfortunately am going to have to try at least the halapango cheese. That sounds good as fun to me.
Speaker 2: You know, I was reading there's a there's a story about how halapenos are like in the US, because like, halopenos are super popular, but they're becoming less and less spicy to like sort of you know, help out the little, the weak, the weak mouths out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The genetics. Yeah, Like someone asks the like a genetics lab up, Like there's like a pepper chili genetics lab in a university of New Mexico, and they're like, yeah, yeah, they're breeding them to be a little bit milder in the US, which is a fucking shame because God, I love a spicy, spicy pepper.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have let us whites start eating them because then we're it's like this, could this taste a little more like mayonnaise. I get, I'm not saying it needs to be exactly like mayonnaise, but colonizing a fucking chili pepper is like peak fucking white supremacy.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, we love what you're doing like down there, but up here.
Speaker 1: We HiT's just too hot, too much, too much, too much. Yeah. So when I say alipango cheese that I want to try that, it's because I love mayonnaise and I think that's what it's Alapeo's tastes.
Speaker 2: Like that isn't Yeah, that is kind of the cheese and the cheese dog is definitely more male level than anything.
Speaker 1: All right, uh more, hot Dog News miles a story that we're calling hot Dog in the City to night because they build a giant, sixty five foot long hot dog in Times Square. I'm just gonna read the first sentence of this New York Times story. As the sun set on a cloudy evening in Times Square on Friday, a sixty five foot long Frankfurter can't deliver it into the sky and spewed out a blast of rainbow confetti. So we were like, I mean a confetti shooting hot dog that sounds like vaguely phallic. It actually like bones up like points up into the sky and then shoots the confetti out.
Speaker 2: It becomes engorged and then ejaculates the confetti.
Speaker 1: Yes, so New York shout out to you New York.
Speaker 2: I think I saw Jamie saying she was going to visit or has visited.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, she was like, all right, yes, I've I've received all of your questions.
Speaker 2: She's like, yes, thank you, I am synonymous with the Hot Dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, it's an art project. They like gave Times Square to an artist or an art collective and they've been doing giant that this is part this is part of their vision and it sounds fun. There's like also wrestling and yeah, just wait wrestling, what do you mean they're so at the foot tail of its bun drag wrestlers were finishing the match in an elevated boxing ring. Sounds like it was a wrestling ring, asshole, practically twirking on the road, cheered on by hundreds of spectators. It was the first public event for a hostel in the city, an installation for Times Square Arts, the largest work that the organization has ever commissioned.
Speaker 2: So it's just basically it was like mixed media sculpture plus like human performers type. It's spectacle.
Speaker 1: I see what they're doing now.
Speaker 2: I was like, what is this and it's actually it's it's a it's it's a commentary on Americana. That makes sense. Yeah, yeah, I thought it was just like it's like, yeah, man, come on down Nathan's and check out the seventy foot Lizzie that shoots out paper at the top yeah.
Speaker 1: Which I don't know. I respect it. When you're gonna do a commentary on Americana, like, might as well go fucking huge, make it ridiculous, make me force the Americana down the audience's throat until they feel nauseous. Anyways, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and tell you about the exciting future of delivery drones. And we're back. We've talked before about how door Dash is starting to deliver Wendy's orders via drone because you're gonna want to use the most up to date aviation technology to get that baconator a little bit faster. Oh yeah, heard, Yeah, So it sounds like we're about to only get more and more companies offering drone deliveries. Some have proclaimed that twenty twenty four will be the breakout year for delivery drones. Oh fuck at all, Like, and these are It's not just you know, weird little startups. Amazon's been trying to make delivery drones happen for over a decade. But the thing that's changed now is that some major regulatory hurdles have been cleared. So toward the end of twenty twenty three, the FAA began allowing some drone operators who you and me, Miles, Nope, people like I don't know Amazon, zip line Wing, which is owned by Alphabet, So those drone operators are allowed to fly their machines beyond the visual line of site. The rules in the past stated that drones had to remain in sight of a human operator, which.
Speaker 2: Oh, so now we're doing like full on like US military style, Like people are just let them for a mobile trailer, just like in a dark room with headsets, so like, yeah, I've identified the target.
Speaker 1: If that. I mean, it feels like the whole idea behind this is that it'll be automated enough that you won't even need an individual operator to like write no.
Speaker 2: Humans at all, of course, of course, of course, I mean, like I get that there are positives to like drone deliveries, like life saving technologies like defibrillators or yeah, like medications or things like that if you live in a remote area and like, yeah, they they're using electricity, so there's that part. But like they're flying fucking over your homes and yeah, like that's the privacy issue I think is the only that.
Speaker 1: Do require cameras in order to navigate so you're going to have cameras flying over through past your homes, you know, dozens of times a day if Amazon has its way, and you will get to opt in, this is something you get to do. You get to opt in to a little feature that they've already got a patent for where the drone cameras won't just be like taking pictures of your house to make sure not to crash into it. They'll also be taking pictures of your house to you know, gather a little information to in case they want to like market something to you.
Speaker 2: You know, perfect perfect, perfect, perfect perfect.
Speaker 1: I love that. Also for security purposes. They're like, we'll offer security so that like, if our drones see that your house is on fire, we'll let you.
Speaker 2: Know it's okay, Sure, thank you. I Like it's like, yeah, surveillance as a service, embrace it, Embrace it, and you can have us just fly our fucking That's the other thing too, Like we've talked about how since Amazon now owns ring camera, like, they're also doing this thing where they're like, yeah, man, if the cops want this footage, like we basically have a wide network of cameras that we'll just hand over footage to the police, no questions asked. Yeah, just go to the website and say what you want and we'll we'll get it to you because we love the police.
Speaker 1: The more that the scales, the more delivery drones there are out in the world, the more you know they'll be able to track you the way they track you on the Internet. But now it will be with like a camera belong to a fucking flying robot. Right.
Speaker 2: That's like the other part was like interesting about understanding what the like quote air rights are above like your property. Yeah, like before planes, it used to be like colloquially all the way to heaven or hell yeah, like once you own that, like you can't get near my shit. I own the fucking sky above it and everything. But then once the FAA was created, they're like, all right, if you fly above five hundred feet, that's public domain unless it's Disneyland, on which case you cannot fly helicopter over it. I learned that in that John Mulaney show. Oh really, you can't fly a helicopter a helicopter News helicopter like was flying over Disneyland like decades ago and caught like all this footage of rides malfunctioning, and then so Disney lobbied Congress and it became restricted airspace wow above Disneyland.
Speaker 1: That would be nice if we could all just have that, Like I don't need it to be like I'll be all right with a plane flying at like ten thousand like cruising altitude, I'll allow it. But fucking police helicopters I feel like should be also should be an opt in service. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and also they do fuck all for anything except to disrupt people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny. It's like, well, you know all this like medical life saving technology that people are talking about delivering with drones, like you could also do that with helicopters, but they don't. Instead the police just fly them back and forth and like try and intimidate people with them and do fuck all. So right, I don't know, it doesn't look promising to me, and just no having another thing just fucking making a shitty mechanical noise flying through the air doesn't seem that great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder like if you have a like a hawk or corvids you train to take down drones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what the liability is there?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Or like you tell the crows you're like, yo, fuck anything. If y'all come if y'all come through for me, I'll come through for you. Fuck those drones up.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, that was just a place my thought my brain went as well, is like let's just start birds training birds. Yeah, there is somewhere like yeah, I've seen videos that like people have trained like hawks to basically fuck drones up. Yeah, but like, yeah, this feels like the like the sort of opening scene in a film about like just massive a massive surveillance state where it's like an ad for like the convenience of having delivery drones with cameras and like that's sort of like the Trojan horse aspect. You're like, oh, yeah, that could be cool. That could be cool.
Speaker 2: It's like now you have flying cz TV cameras everywhere that yeah, just it's fucking wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I wish I could trust I wish I could trust Meta, you know, And I think Meta's good on this one.
Speaker 1: We don't have to worry about Meta or go right. I think it's just no, no, actually they're well. But Google had that thing where they said don't be evil, and sure they conspicuously took it out of They went from having the lowest bar for not being an evil company possible, which is don't be evil as their motto to not having that. So they were like, eh, sorry, we can't promise to not be evil anymore exactly. So that's a little unnerving. Yeah, it happens. Yeah, anyway, that's where we are. Anyway. Anyway, Panera, we have sad news in the world of Panera. For Miles, who's extremely tired. Right now, they're canceling the charged lemonade.
Speaker 2: They're fucking gone, dude. They're getting rid of the heart exploder lemonade again. The large contained up to three hundred and ninety milligrams of caffeine.
Speaker 1: That's too much caffeine. We've learned two hundred seems to be like the maximum caffeination.
Speaker 2: Take that and double it please for these Yeah, I mean I I we saw that people were having like cardiac events, and they were like, oh, okay, I have a feeling that's probably why you probably who knows they I don't know, who knows what. Like their lawyers told them like, yeah, this is kind of like unheard of, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, that'sh all five and a half mountain dews in a single mountain dew's worth of caffeine and a single right drink.
Speaker 2: Also new Boeing news.
Speaker 1: Just this, just in.
Speaker 2: Did you see the FedEx Boeing seven sixty seven that crash landed because the landing gear failed?
Speaker 1: No, uh buddy.
Speaker 2: It was at Istanbul Airport, so fucking it's like just it just was a fucking like a low rider plane. It looked like because they're just scraping on landing.
Speaker 1: So anyway, still amazing, but continuing to kill it, and by it I mean whistle blowers. All right, that's gonna do it for us this Wednesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole lest episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,