Speaker 1: Are you feeling all right, feeling a little sick?
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm getting sick.
Speaker 3: Uh oh is it the it's the period where you like kind of know you're getting sick.
Speaker 2: That was yesterday and I was like, I went to bed early, drink a lot of water, and then this morning, like, my lymph nodes are popping off.
Speaker 1: And thought I was gonna say something, but I thought it'd be creepy. What those lymph nodes are popping? Man?
Speaker 4: You could see them?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you got some kid, You got some great lymphies popping.
Speaker 2: You see no lypt poppy ooh yeah, check me in my new Instagram handle at lymph node poppy.
Speaker 1: Got those? No, and by that I mean the lymph nodes popping.
Speaker 4: Dude, your immune system is active.
Speaker 1: Your immune system and horny. Oh I can tell. The smaller pucker's full of yellow.
Speaker 2: We'll look at this full look at his white blood cells, just fucking going crazy.
Speaker 1: Sitting outside of a fucking.
Speaker 2: Doctor's office that was gonna say, even the lower budget, outside of a CVS like this guy. Oh yeah, somebody got a thrown.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me find out.
Speaker 2: What the fucky Let me let me feel under your arm pair really quick.
Speaker 4: Let me see if those lyphnos are you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Like Guys, The Week Trend episode Week Trend.
Speaker 1: I prefer the week trend.
Speaker 3: Oh it is Tuesday, May twenty eight, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: You're there, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go with twenty four. I'm Jack. That is Miles that. This is the episode where we.
Speaker 3: Uh check in with you after a long weekend and tell you what what's trending, what's going on with.
Speaker 2: Us, what's going on with the world, you know, what's going on with the world.
Speaker 4: All kinds of stuff, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Huh, how are you doing other than I mean we were talking about your nodes up top?
Speaker 2: Dude, my nodes. Oh my god, dude. These nodes feel like chades. Dude, they're so thick right now.
Speaker 1: Shows Yeah, yeah, that lyrics. It's just like two Live Crew.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things where like you can kind of feel like it feels like your throat's dry in the beginning, and you're like yeah, and you're like, okay, maybe that'll go away if I drink so much water and it just never does.
Speaker 4: And you're like, all right, let's see in.
Speaker 2: The morning, and this morning just just more more more discomfort in my throat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as we've discussed you, you know you're sick, but like about three days but before I do on my sickness schedule. Oh yeah, my body, I'm just like, oh, I can't move anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can feel my sickness from three planets away. I think it's Kendrick Lamark.
Speaker 1: I can feel your sickness on three planets.
Speaker 3: I can see your thickness, see your notes from three planets away.
Speaker 1: Oh no, man, is that it?
Speaker 4: Is that a kink you think?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Biggest?
Speaker 2: I mean, if anything, it would be because you're like, I like the underlying health issues more than the idea of a bulging lymph node.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bug change anyway.
Speaker 3: Anyways, so we get we're going to get into uh stories from the weekend.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: First, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better by telling you things we think are underrated and overrated. And uh, why don't I kick us off with something I'm realized is underrated, which is teeth. The nears, specifically the teeth. Yeah, I apparently need knocked them all out over No, I was just we've talked about the power of teeth acting, teeth acting and acting. I think we called it h when Robny Mallick got an Oscar for playing Freddie Mercury.
Speaker 2: And that's right, he got an oscar for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and many uh suggested Leo did not get an oscar.
Speaker 1: I don't think he even gotten got a numb for his teeth.
Speaker 3: Wondrous people for those gamps, wellknos, no knombers for the gomps. I think your teeth need to become more uh like prominent for it to work in my theory. Yeah, you can't like make your teeth into like little baked beans like oh.
Speaker 2: Like if the if the fake teeth are smaller that that doesn't get you. I don't have to go up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to go got it?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Got Yeah, Like.
Speaker 3: Leo was all gums and then like little brownie like nubbly teeth.
Speaker 1: That's not what we're looking for.
Speaker 3: And so my friend John and I were talking about Veneers over the weekend. We're both try and trying to save up to get him. I'm just gonna come in one be like.
Speaker 2: Man, dude is his worst nightmare.
Speaker 1: I know, so Jamie, Yeah, Jamie's brought this up before.
Speaker 3: I think she's the first person who told me about it, but I hadn't really like done the Google. But it is confirmed that Morten Michaels will offer free veneers to people on SNL who he deems like ready for the big time and in need of teeth, like in need of a tooth upgrade. Amy Poehler in her book Like talks about how he offered to get her new teeth.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure Pete.
Speaker 3: Davidson at some point got his teeth capped and then like promptly started dating Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like, in my mind, Lord Michael's just has a dental chair in his office. It's just like I'm on a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's like, I taught myself. Have you seen people are doing that shit? That's like a big thing I've seen on TikTok dental work. Yes, unlicensed veneer applicator people oh no, who watch a couple of videos and they're like, oh, yeah, I can drill your old shits down and then throw on some caps.
Speaker 3: I do not recommend that, however, Okay. My friend pointed out that Ben Affleck's normal human teeth were deemed like a major problem by Michael Bay when he was making Armageddon. He was like trying to shoot him like from under, like like the hero shot. Yeah. Yeah, and he was like he's he I'm pretty sure there's a quote that says like he's got these little baby teeth and you look and it's just like, no, he's just got teeth, man, He's just got like the normal human teeth.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So he went to Jerry Bruckheimer, who was like, oh, we gave Cruise veneers for Top Gun, just give them veneers. So like there's this long tradition of producers and I feel like it's like a little secret hack that they have to just like turn someone into a movie star. Like if you get Tom Cruise's teeth before Top Gun gappy and like he's got like a snaggle tooth and.
Speaker 1: And it's like it just turns them in my brain.
Speaker 3: Like Ben Affleck from that point forward, like Armageddon, he went from being like indie guy Goodwill hunting to you know, Batman essentially when he got he got his teeth capped, and it's just like I am stupid and this like works on me. Like I'm just like, well there's a movie star. Look, yeah, you know, I don't know what it is. It's like when somebody gets a haircut and you're like, I don't know what it is about them.
Speaker 1: It's like I got a fucking haircut.
Speaker 4: I got Veneers.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even a haircut o Veneers.
Speaker 1: Really, Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like a subtle thing that just transforms people. So I spent a lot of the weekend just like looking at before and after pictures of soccer players.
Speaker 4: Do this too, also, like a lot of yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like just in general, it's like the second you get you know, I think because we live in such an image conscious world that like a lot of people are you know, look at their teeth a certain way and like if the opportunity cause that sit their ships are like I think like almost two grand a tooth or something like that. Yeah, because didn't show Hayes like dude get like Veneers like sixty k and it was like, Yo, what kind of fucking Veneers did you get? Broa But like like yeah, it's it feels like the thing a lot of people when they come into some glow up money. They want to glow up the glow up the grill.
Speaker 3: And it's not something that I'm like looking for because I don't think like I really knew it was a thing that you could just get a new mouthful of teeth, like for until I think Jamie Lofts like started winting it out.
Speaker 1: So it's just I think.
Speaker 3: It it's both like something that we don't check for, so it just like goes under the radar. And then it's also something that I think we're more accepting of because like everybody's had, like most people have like braces or you know, visial line or like something to affect their teeth. So they're like, yeah, like they got they got their teeth fixed. Like that's you know, that's the dream.
Speaker 2: Second, like one of those veneers gets a little impact and then you're you look like you had a bunch of broken piano keys in your mouth. Yeah yeah, yeah, Oh look, I'm guessing most people aren't boxing veneers or something doing high impact.
Speaker 1: Sports with it, but yeah, maybe don't do that. Yeah, boxers get them anyway, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hit me up you know at lymph node, Poppy, Uh, I got lymph node picks and also do some you know under the table veneer work.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, how about you, what's something you think's underrated?
Speaker 4: Fuck?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we were talking about you know that I've just been thinking a lot about the bird thing, like what's your favorite bird? And I was at the beach this weekend and like these crows I think I was. I was smoking a joint, like I think in like what was this crow territory? And I was like, what the fuck? Like they kept like kind of getting close to me and like crying, cawing and shit, and then like they would get up and then kind of circle and kind of come back round and try and punk me. And I was like, all right, dude, I'm like this is too much. So I love it, and it was thinking yeah, and I was like yeah, yeah, yeah, And I would just.
Speaker 1: Read on this one and jack unlike you.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest here, I fully pissed my fucking pants in fear just the crow of the crows. They were fucking bullying me, and I did not like it, which reminded me. I was like, now, while I do like the intelligent intelligence of a crow, I really think my favorite bird is a hummingbird. Yeah, And I think the reason they're overrated or underrated is.
Speaker 4: Because I just realized. I think ninety.
Speaker 2: Percent of the fucking slow mo videos I take on my phone aren't of like formative life moments of my child or my own life, but they're fucking hummingbirds. Yeah, because I like to be like, yo, watch me get watch me slow it down. So I really want to see what these wings do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and how are you successful? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah you are.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: There's a video. I gotta find it.
Speaker 2: There's one where her Majesty thinks I'm taking a video of her and I'm really just I'm just I'm capturing a hummingbird behind her right, and I'm like oh, and she's like, let me see, and she's like.
Speaker 4: What the fuck is this? I'm like, look at the fucking humming bird, like, really slow it down.
Speaker 2: That's going slow and you can still barely count how many times the wings beat. But I think it's all because of like it's just like such a boomer habit that I have where it's like the like this one technological feature on my phone is only used for one thing, like I can't be used for anything else. It's like I couldn't even fathom using slow motion for anything other than capturing a fucking hummingbird hovering. Yeah, and you know, look, they weigh mere grams. Their hearts beat like something like twelve beats per minute, so they could be they could they could have their own crank series starring Jason's statum based on that heart rate. They're the only bird that can fly backwards, hover fly upside down. They apparently have a pensiont for remembering faces, So that's another.
Speaker 4: That's another one. Yeah, oh shit.
Speaker 2: Again, this was with Ai, Google AI, So I'm just going to preface everything. I say, that's what Google AI told me. They may be completely fucking up. Yeah, but I think it's true.
Speaker 3: There's this Onion headline that I think about all the time as I'm like trying to get a video of a hummingbird. The headline is hummingbird back at feeder again, grandmother reports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yeah, yep, yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: I don't know, though, I do stand by hummingbirds. Like if you if an alien arrived and you were like, here's what's cool about our planet, I feel like you'd want to show them humming birds. Like hummingbirds don't like they're so fucking cool they don't make sense.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, so anyway, I'll I'll try and upload some some sick I got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's some good ones, dude, where.
Speaker 2: It's like look at the look at the look at the frequency of the wingspeeding.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: If you could just like get some like your your neck area in the background of one of those or two of those, just I just it would be good for perspective so I could see like how small it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I said, man, check out my only fans where I do take requests for videos like that, and I do honor them.
Speaker 1: I do honor them.
Speaker 3: I got a couple of overrated packaging everything like it's an iPhone. Uh, Like I got an ice cream scoop because so our old ice cream scoop. This was fucking weird, Like it was like a kind of dusted gray metal like kind of oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Like standard like almost like Pewter or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, but like what as I was scooping ice cream, like the gray started coming off on the ice cream. Yeah, like really nasty, like and it was still ate the ice cream.
Speaker 1: Which is weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like, I don't know, because it seemed solid. It didn't seem like it was like a paint, but it yeah, I don't so I heard that ship out. I still ate that probably I digitally probably like five uses and I finally was like, you know what, this is probably bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so weird base of the skull paint every time I eat this ice cream.
Speaker 3: But so I sprung for one that was like a little more, you know, in the twenties dollars. The previous one.
Speaker 1: I think was like ten, not nine ninety nine.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't want one that sheds as it does for the drop. Yeah. Yeah, I got like a shiny one like chrome, looks like a you know, trailer hitch. But A rived in this like sleek black box that like had a photograph of it like that. Then there was like a white package underneath with like a life size photograph of it. And it's just like it was truly like they were just like, just make it do exactly what the iPhone does.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: There's like so many like boxes and boxes, and like they had packaged this ice cream scoop like they wanted people to do unboxed.
Speaker 1: Like YouTube channel. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It just seemed like such a fucking waste, just like throw a tag on the end of it and you should see weed.
Speaker 2: There's weed that they package like fucking iPhones now in California. Like the amount of waste is fucking mind blowing. Yeah, yeah, it's it's bad in Japan too, like like in Japan they love boxing ship in boxes, pond boxes, pond boxes. When it's like I got this fucking little plate and it's like, oh it comes in sixteen boxes, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what no no reason.
Speaker 3: It's just like somebody, I assuming it's just the influence of the iPhone and.
Speaker 4: People premium man with my premium experience.
Speaker 3: Premium experience, so you're like paying for those boxes, which in turn, you know, bring about the end of the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just think there are certain things they it should be illegal, Like there's nothing about unboxing a fucking ice cream scoop where it's're like, oh, fuck, I'm glad they did this, Like this shit could be like when you buy, like, you know, cheap toys when it's like just in like a polymer bag with like it's just the re board thing. Stay yeah, just put just hang them, just pull them off the rack, like if it's if it's not something that you open and everyone's like, oh wow, Like I don't know a fucking computer. Sure, Like I feel like if it's gotta it's gotta cost at least a thousand dollars to start fucking around the packaging like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's just me. And then the other one is just also iPhone related. But in watching the NBA playoffs, I've noticed that all ads take place in a world where we only use smartphones, like with other people. It's like a communal activity where you're like showing them, Yeah, we're gathered around a single phone. We're laughing, we're smiling, we're passing the phone back and forth, looking at each other's phones and pointing. Because the real way we use phones is just like sucking, scowl, yeah, just shoulder to shoulder, ignoring each other, slack jaw, dead eyed.
Speaker 1: Chest.
Speaker 3: So they've invented like a fictional universe where people are using phones, like it's a game that we're all playing together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and these people all like in these images you posted there, it all looks like they're looking at some kind of amazing like video message from like like Oprah or Martha Stewart or some shit like you're doing great. I wish I was you. You have all the right answers like rather than like probably smiles on their face. Yeah, that's a neat trick man. Just everyone, I'd challenge you to smile while you look at your iPhone or whatever phone.
Speaker 3: So that is my message, and it's really an underrated Just smile you look at your iPhone, keep using it when you're in a big group of people, keep using your phone. Just It's called parallel play among four year olds when the kids just like play together and ignore each other, but like you like go through the trouble of setting up a play date and then they just ignore each other and play with toys.
Speaker 1: Apparently I almostly do as adults. Now.
Speaker 2: I'm almost curious if there's a like if this is like a good move to like get attention if you're single, Like at a bar. It's like, be that person at the bar who's just having a fucking.
Speaker 1: Ball on their phone.
Speaker 2: That has to be interesting to somebody, Like what's what are they about having a good old time? What are they looking at? Maybe I can get maybe I could tap into that and then just see I.
Speaker 3: Do notice a lot of people wearing headphones who are just having a grand old time, like, oh yeah, I like to imagine they're listening to our podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they are. They are, almost specially especially with my next Overrated. They're gonna get real.
Speaker 1: Take it back to the real world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just overrated.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't help but realize this, and I think most people do. Joe Biden's supposed red line as it relates to Netsan Yahu and his government and the genocidal campaign in Gaza, because over the weekend, the Idea have continued there to launch attacks in Rafa, with the worst coming on Sunday night, when they bombed a tent camp where displaced Goslin's were told they would be safe, and around forty five people were killed, with over one hundred it injured. According to most reports, some reports seem to indicate that the bombs that were used were potentially those two thousand pounds US made bombs that Biden put a what I'll call a soft pause on delivering.
Speaker 1: That we might pause them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And I think it should be known though, too, regardless of whether what happened that shipment, the US has armed Israel to the point that even if they stopped shipments, they have they have a lot of munitions the forties. Yeah so, and I mean the images from this are are even worse.
Speaker 4: This is what's fucking bone chilling.
Speaker 2: The footage that I saw was worse than even like what a movie could even of an attack on defenseless people. And naturally, most of the world, except for Israel's closest allies, were beyond quote unquote disturbed over this massacre. This is just I just want to This is a This is a quote from a spokesperson from the State Department quote. The devastating is following the IDF striking rafa last night that killed dozens of innocent Palestinians are heartbreaking. Israel has a right to go after Hamas, but as we've been clear, it's like, what the fuck that's literally following that, because this is that wasn't them going after Hamas. But I like that rhetorically, we're putting that in the language to kind of keep people.
Speaker 4: Like, oh man, the war. It's so horrible.
Speaker 2: But as we've been clear, Israel must take every precaution possible to protect civilians. That was not done right now, the administration is quote taking a look at whether or not the annihilation of innocent people, including infants across is his supposed red line. So what is the red line exactly? Because again all we get are rhetorical responses from this administration, nothing of substance, just in presentation.
Speaker 4: Oh he doesn't like what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Oh, find the scenes is pissed, he's pausing, he's pause the delivery of certain arms.
Speaker 2: But I mean this is it's things are only becoming worse and it's only putting way just unnecessary levels of political pressure on Joe Biden like I didn't confect I. Sadly, I'm not sure he's going to be able to rise to the occasion to address this because I mean the next thing, right, because we've already seen there's the ICJ ruling, there's the ICC pursuing warrants for Israeli officials. And now there will be a UN Security Council meeting, emergency meeting, where Algeria is expected to present another attempt at a ceasefire. And again this will be a moment to see what exactly the Biden administration's you know, what the standing is here, because they will either do the thing where they'll just outright veto to shit or they'll be like, oh, we have notes. So then when you read it, it basically doesn't resemble anything like a ceasefire order, and you know that will only send a message to Yahoo that that this can continue. It's just yeah, I know, just it's just the levels of it that like there's.
Speaker 3: Yeah who like immediately was like, yeah, we made a bad mistake.
Speaker 1: We're sorry, we're looking into it. Like he just no, they.
Speaker 2: We'll do an operational investigation.
Speaker 3: What were going on about how he talked about the US behind the scenes is just like I don't Joe Biden can't do ship talked about him like Luka Doncic like talks to talks about like the players he's going up against fucking care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it feels like that right yeah.
Speaker 2: And all the while, I mean, like you know, for then Yahoo, I'm sure making uh making it more difficult for you know, because Biden is so unwilling to do anything, makes it more likely for Trump to enter office, which Yahoo would absolutely love that because let's not forget he moved under Trump, the embassy was moved to Jerusalem as a way to be like not bro like whatever, you want. Yeah, so uh just uh, just a confusion abounds, and this is again another moment where I have sadly I'm not holding my breath for for Biden to change course here. But Jesus, if you're, if you're at all serious about the quote threat to democracy that Donald Trump presents, then maybe you should also do your fucking best to you know, make a case for yourself for people to want to vote for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen to the popular will of the people who you are trying to get to vote for you, even on international matters, which they you know, they generally are just like, yeah, hey, I'm more on that later, We're doing whatever the fuck we want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because while there are people who are like, I'll never vote for Joe Biden, there are also groups that are saying, like, we're holding out until this this guy does something, yeah, to potentially exercise some kind of leverage.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 2: We'll get more rhetorical handbringing from the administration.
Speaker 4: Like oh golly, I wish I could have just you.
Speaker 2: Know, and we're watching you know, Hell on Earth unfold in front of our eyes.
Speaker 3: Truly, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back and we're back. And meanwhile, on CNN, I turned on CNN for like five minutes this morning, and the way they're covering that trial, the Trump trial, like I just just a snapshot, but like I've heard it compared to the coverage of the oj trial, but they cover it like the Bronco Chase. Like the way they're getting like minute by minute updates, like live feeds, current aerial shots of the courtroom, like that the judge has left the courtroom for a snack break, like in a time ticker box, next to like a bunch of like reports of like what Trump has entered the courtroom, Trump has left the court Like a picture of Trump in the courtroom was like so there was like six boxes on the CNM Peter, which I guess is like not that abnormal, but it's just like they have live feet of an empty hallway where Trump may soon emerge, like live feet of Jake Tapper looking at the feet of the courthouse and giving like a running commentary on like when Trump may emerge. And it's just I don't know the overall effect that makes Trump seem like a massive fucking celebrity.
Speaker 1: Like oh yeah, like they're trying.
Speaker 3: To sneak shots of him walking in and out of the courthouse, Like it's just fucking straight up paparazzi bullshit, like the lowest form of journalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and yeah, why not. But let that be the attention that's eating up minute by minute coverage on and again you have real, actual, terrible history unfolding before our eyes.
Speaker 1: That's why I turned it on.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is CNN like acknowledging what's happening? And in rafa and uh, you know this is and I actually heard like a boomer recently referred to it as like the trial of the century. I think, unironically. Oh god, there some people are buying it.
Speaker 2: God, we all know. Johnny Depp. First amber heard was the tran Actually, come on, did you see the Internet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Exactly?
Speaker 2: All right, well keep doing it, keep doing anything, keep doing.
Speaker 1: I do want to talk.
Speaker 3: So Google AI overviews had a big weekend. Did they like go wide with it? Is that what was happening?
Speaker 2: Or yeah I noticed it last week where suddenly you got that little the new like AI logo, which is like those like stars, you know what I mean, Like it's like shorthand for AI stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I started being like, do you want to know this? I'm like, no, I straightforward question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So day Google describes AI overviews as quote, letting Google do the googling for you.
Speaker 1: Which is like the dumbest shit ever. But basically it's like, we will summarize the findings so you don't even have to like go to the website. We're just stealing the content from the website.
Speaker 4: Well how do you do that?
Speaker 2: Because when I google something, this is something I've had to learn, is that all the things that show up don't all have the truth in them, so I have to discern which it's.
Speaker 3: So it's smarter than you, so it's gonna yeah, yeah, it's smarter than any of us.
Speaker 1: So it's going to be able to tell the truth.
Speaker 4: All right, let's uh, let's ask get a real underhander.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some quick of some of the AI overviewers.
Speaker 2: How do I how do I keep pizza cheese from falling off the crust?
Speaker 1: Miles? I'm so glad you asked.
Speaker 3: So they uh, sort a Reddit post by someone named fuck Smith from eleven years ago, and their answer was, and so this isn't like so if you normally you google something and then you use your human brain to judge. Okay, this is clearly that's a joke post. That's the joke post. Here we go, like three posts down. Google is pulling the most relevant information using AI SuperBrain, and the definitive answer they like put in paragraph form at the top was add some glue. Mix about one eighth cup of Elmer's glue in with the sauce. Non toxic glue will work, so it's not necessary. They're not saying not please remember to use non toxic glue. They're like, non toxic glue will work, but I mean you could also use like fucking model airplane glue and just have yourself for real time?
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Hold on? When is when?
Speaker 4: Did this at?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is funny?
Speaker 2: So I asked Google again how to keep cheese from falling off pizza. The first thing it shows up is from as the Spanish news website, and it says, how to actually stop cheese falling off pizza, don't use glue. Okay, referencing the fuck up from the AI.
Speaker 4: Google a I had.
Speaker 1: Okay, the answer wasn't. Oh, so you think you're a tough guy.
Speaker 3: Huh oh That has kind of been their response we'll get to that, but we do want to cover some of the other answers. It suggested that humans eat one rock per day because of an Onion article that made that claim. The Onion article, I think was like geologists suggests humans eat one small rock per day.
Speaker 1: Good good Onion headline.
Speaker 2: The Onion is going to single handedly destroy the Earth if I mean, how do you not like this?
Speaker 3: Seems like a fixable problem, just like don't index Reddit ship posts and the Onion. But they haven't figured that out yet. It said astronauts have met cats on the moon, which I actually that that one would be dope. It so said, yes, astronauts have met cats on the moon, played with them and provided care.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: For example, Neil Armstrong said one small step for man because it was a cat's step. Buzz Aldrin also deployed cats on the Apollo eleven mission.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, where where were they deployed.
Speaker 3: On the moon on the Apollo eleven mission? Okay, the were they both deployed them? And the did you not know that's where the ones?
Speaker 2: You know you're saying, you're saying it with the confidence of the AI and it's actually unsettling my brain.
Speaker 4: No, they're okay, there there were there were there were cats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no, so they brought cats. Have you not seen the videos of the cats in space?
Speaker 1: There's cats in zero gravity. It's hilarious as fun.
Speaker 3: That video was taken by Neil Armstrong with an iPhone and when he got to the moon, he landed, and he said one small step for man, because because it was a cat's step, so the step that he was taking.
Speaker 1: Was actually small for a man man. A lot of people misunderstanding.
Speaker 3: It's why people say that statement is famously misunderstood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we said one giantly for kind.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he also did say that, So this one was actually pretty surprising to me, but also like very interesting. You know, so backpacks are just as good as parachutes at preventing death or major injury while jumping out of an airplane?
Speaker 2: What do you mean just like by landing on it?
Speaker 3: That he was clear, But yeah, I mean I think my be like landing on it because it's so it's According to a twenty eighteen study published by the BMJ, parachutes are no more effective than backpacks at preventing death or major injury when jumping from an aircraft The study involved twenty three people who are randomly given either a parachute or a backpack and then jumped from a biplane.
Speaker 4: What the fuck? How is that even a real thing?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, no, it's that's I mean, well, do you would you rather they like not test parachutes? I forget the effect?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's the thing, Google, What's what? What effect? What are we using as our effectiveness metric? Is it that it it will slow down the pace of descent when'replementing.
Speaker 3: Death or major injury when jumping from an aircrack a biplane?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: But how are we gauging that?
Speaker 2: I just mean you just have a backpack on and you jump out of a plane and then just depending on what happens, you're either dead or alive.
Speaker 3: Twenty three people. Kind of a small sample size, but you know, still noticeable. It's hard to get people to volunteer for this one for some reason, and a certain number of them I don't have the specifics in front of me. Give it a backpack, A certain number of them given parachutes, and yeah, I'm not saying it's not counterintuitive, mild, I'm just saying that what the study indicated and again, this was from the BMJ. Like the the in the overview is capitalized, so it's like the BMJ, a British medical journal. I'm assuming, uh, yeah, they found they found out the kind of an inconvenient truth to the parachute industry. I'll say, yeah, they don't want you to know that.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm like, now, I'm like, because like NPR reported on this, Oh my god, Oh here's the one important The drop in the study was about two feet total?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: What the what?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't understand, Like I have to really read this article under what they're getting at here. But why you're okay, great, two people just hopped off a helicopter that was on the fucking ground and you're like, you have a parachute on?
Speaker 4: Do you have a backpack seat?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I don't understand. What's your complaint? This seems like technically true and it is the data that should have been when somebody's asking whether to jump out of an airplane with a parachute or a backpack. I think I think they nailed it. I think we nailed it on this one. So I'm just gonna move forward. A lot of people don't realize that a number of dogs have played professional sports.
Speaker 2: I get okay. The parachute thing was to basically question, like, what the gold standard for medical research is.
Speaker 4: We're like a study.
Speaker 2: That randomly assigns one group to try like a specific intervention or go without one and be part of the control group.
Speaker 4: Yes, and so these.
Speaker 2: People the reason they even did this to come up with the conclusion that backpacks are no, it's safer is to point out like potential pitfalls research shortcuts.
Speaker 1: So it's like the onion of medical research.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were satirizing medical research, and it was like such a pithy point that medical professionals linked off to it enough they google, Uh, You're just like, yeah, man, there appears to be the number one piece of research on this. So yeah, and I think that was clear in the in the answer. So I don't know why we're making sorry listeners.
Speaker 2: I fucking completely had to go take a tangent there to really fucking just did my head and I had to really understand what the fun was going on there.
Speaker 1: Suggested a number of dogs have played professional sports.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Quote, Yes, the dog has played. There's no rule that says a dog can't play in the NBA Vernon you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean exact Austin.
Speaker 3: Did this come up because people were like, I mean, Vernon Maxwell got that dog in them, you know. In response to another search by The New York Times asked if a dog has played in the NHL, the answer was yes, pointing to Martin pospisial A center for the Calgary Flames. So unclear whether whether or not they were just being like, I mean, technically, he does have that dog in him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Another search by a dazzle box showed that, apparently, according to AI, dog has played NCAA basketball but hasn't played in the EuroBasket League. Referees generally have leeway to keep games fair and dogs are ineligible by default.
Speaker 4: Oh well, it's just like just.
Speaker 3: Hearing like the way it answers questions. It's just a they've spent all this money and research to create a like kids trying to sound smart while having not done the reading right. Yeah, and yes, so referees are there to ensure fairness and there for do not allow dogs to play in euro Basket however, and here too for the n C double A.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yeah, I just asked if how often I should scream at my teens son for not having enough followers on Instagram was the question I put in there.
Speaker 4: But okay, thank you. It seems leeway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was That's how all my essays sounded in the beginning of high school.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, oh yeah, just horseshit artist, horse shit, like aspiring artist. It confirmed Google's breaking anti trust laws. Someone said does Google Search violate anti trust laws? Yes, and gave specific the US Department, the US Justice Department and blank blank seemed to back conspiracy theories like that Obama is Muslim. Tommy v Tour from Crooked searched.
Speaker 1: How many Muslim US president have there been?
Speaker 3: And the response, in an accent for some reason, said there has been at least one Muslim US president. Rock who saying Obama, Oh no, yeah, wow, yeah, this.
Speaker 4: Is it's nonsense. I mean that already.
Speaker 2: Just this is like so disqualifying as a technology.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: We're like, we're asking stuff that most people I get most, not most, but many people reflexively could tell you that Obama wasn't a Muslim president.
Speaker 3: Right, or at least they had to do a lot of their own research to confirm that he is.
Speaker 4: You know, what the fuck do they think? Like, what's even their excuse?
Speaker 2: Like obviously because no tech company is like yeah, you know what, it's kind of an l right now.
Speaker 1: Sorry, No, it's actually our fault.
Speaker 3: They suggested that the dumb answers are the quote byproduct of mischievous users attempting to break the product with obscure queries that do not have many high quality sources.
Speaker 1: What the fuck I mean?
Speaker 2: But the there are high quality sources about the Obama thing or cats on the moon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's obscure. The Obama thing is like not obscure. Like that's a great example of like how this thing goes awry?
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, I mean that's why again, use it for fun stuff, don't use it to ask for fucking information. Be like, hey, make up a movie about Ben Affleck's harrowing trial of going from little corn teeth to big oven ears, big old big ovens in the style, Yeah, look, you got chick lit teeth.
Speaker 4: Look at him.
Speaker 2: He looked like Walter Mathow and just the Menace movie when he replaced it with literal chick lits. But like, do like that kind of shit is more interesting than even like as like I was saying, I was looking for like hummingbird things, and it was just all stuff that you could have found just from like finding a website about hummingbirds.
Speaker 1: See plus answers like that, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm asking right now, does ben Affleck have veneers? Says we don't have definitive confirmation, bro, we just saw them.
Speaker 3: Michael Bay has confirmed, and Ben Affleck has come out like.
Speaker 2: No, okay, interesting, so it says we don't have confirmation. Then zero point one, Michael Bay revealed that he paid for a quote set of teeth for ben Affleck. We paid for a set of twenty thousand dollars pearly white teeth aflix. Original teeth were described as having baby teeth.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Ben Affleck has also confirmed it because Kate Beckhamsale had Michael Bay was like, I need you to get in better shape for Pearl Harbor. She's like, I literally just had a baby. He's like, yeah, I don't give a fuck. You need to get a better shape. And she talked to Ben Affleck, who was also in that. He was like, yeah, yeah, he does that to me too. And he also made me replace my teeth, and she was like, well, at least say got something on my teeth.
Speaker 2: He made me change my blood type the last time we worked together, said he said, I'm acting like a real B positive type diva.
Speaker 1: It's fucking up the vibes.
Speaker 3: Once that, he said he only wars owned legs.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's some shit.
Speaker 3: There's this anecdote from an old Cracked article about Chrissawa, like he changed the direction that a river was flowing for a shot in one of his movies. Like directors are really on some next shit when it comes to perfectionism.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Also, I just I don't want to miss this fact. The overview suggested that the Golden gate Bridge is the best one to jump off of. So Rolling Stone asked the search engine what bridge is best for jumping off, and the overview was like, oh, the Golden gate Bridge is one of the bridges in the world where people have jumped off the most, about two hundred and forty five feet above water. Some say ninety eight percent of falls from this height are fatal.
Speaker 2: Oh, I M maybe it was asking more for like a thrill exactly.
Speaker 3: That's that seems like a big miss. Not that obscure, like something that would.
Speaker 2: Be generally yeah, because you're inherently dealing with like self harm and shit like that. And then if you're just like so matter of fact, but yeah, that's the best one.
Speaker 3: Next, Yeah, it's I mean, so I did see. I am seeing more and more people just generally asking the really dumb questions like what is this technology that nobody asked for? And why are they investing so many billions of dollars in it? And the answer, of course, is because they want to replace humans basically, like, yeah, if you can just summarize the content of the website, like people won't need to go to the website, nobody will ever advertise on that website, that website does not exist. And then I don't know, like what the endgame is. Maybe Google just employees people to write shitty answers to all the questions.
Speaker 4: Well anyway, I'm glad. I'm glad.
Speaker 2: Every every AI story is just reinforcing the idea that it ain't it ain't doing what they think it's doing. Yeah, it's not as impressive as they think it is.
Speaker 1: God, they're really they're excited about this though.
Speaker 3: Tell you what, All right, let's uh let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 4: We're back.
Speaker 1: So over the weekend, Donald Trump showed up at the Libertarian Party national convention.
Speaker 2: Sniffing around huh yeah, it's just like, you should vote for me.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't you vote? Everybody should vote for me?
Speaker 3: And it didn't go that well, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I mean? I like the first time anyone who was ever president showed up at like a third party convention to be.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, he's right for the party, now, Yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Okay, cool? Cool, cool, cool cool.
Speaker 3: He was booed, heckled, even after telling the crowd that he's a libertarian now that he's been indicted, He's like, I wish I could get away with crimes, right, that's what you people are into just for libertarians.
Speaker 2: Right, did he say like, now, I'm definitely I'm one of you guys.
Speaker 3: I get it that I'm a confirmed criminal, right yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this is one of those stories where I'm like, man, I hate both of these sides. I hope they both take an l here, because like these are like one of the big things that they object to was like his over doing it on COVID restriction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, these.
Speaker 3: Were the worst people from the beginning of the pandemic, like when we were all trying to figure out what the fuck was going on, and their.
Speaker 2: Libertarians gave MAGA the idea. Yeah, this was something to get fucking up at arms because all those people who are out there at those first things, you just I mean, obviously they were like the MAGA people, but the intellectual engine was definitely more libertarian types, like.
Speaker 3: They can't do this. Actually, yeah, they can't do this. Can't make me get anything put up exactly. He should have ended the FED years ago. Oh boy, okay, yeah, and the FED and the FED so that Peter Thiel can have as much money as he wants to troll everything. One person the crowd held up a sign reading no one to be dictators, but was dragged away by security. N Now, I'm no expert on libertarians. Yeah, but that feels off, that feels counter to what huh it Like they were like, no, you can't object to him for good reason, and you have to keep your objections to the very specific terrible reasons that we hate all politicians.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone had a signed that said MAGA equals socialism. Hell, yeah, man, voting up to the worst place fucking possible here. Let's hear some of the booze that that we're coming out of this, this wonderful event.
Speaker 1: And the and the fed.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's nice, that's nice.
Speaker 4: Only if you want to win. Only if you want to win.
Speaker 2: Maybe you don't want to win, Maybe you don't.
Speaker 4: Want to win. Thank you, dear Roy, thank you. No, only do that if you want to win.
Speaker 1: If you want to lose, don't do that. He's talking about voting for every four years, everybody.
Speaker 2: God bless you, God bless you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I keep doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep doing that if you only want three's acting like Trump got fucking owned and I'm not sure that's what I saw.
Speaker 3: Like he just got stood up there, took the booze. I was like, you guys are fucking losers, like kind of perfectly in character for him. Yeah, you know, I mean, I don't think he even filed the paperwork, or that's what he said, the reason I didn't file paperwork for the Libertary.
Speaker 4: And I'm just like, why were you?
Speaker 2: Okay, dude, this is everyone's fucking losing here. Everyone has lost, everyone.
Speaker 3: Claiming he would have won the Libertarian nomination, but he didn't want it, which is why he didn't file the paperwork. But all the Libertarians are still going to vote for him anyways, obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're just look this is uh wow, man, just get another three percent?
Speaker 1: Do that? Why don't you get another three percent? You lose it?
Speaker 4: They fucking yeah, yeah, A match me.
Speaker 3: I wish you could vote for me, but you can't. I don't want your both fuck you.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, they did at least the guy they did nominate and knows what a genocide is, Yeah, at least when he sees me.
Speaker 1: But nominated what's his name, Chase Oliver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they nominated a guy named Chase Oliver who is an anti war activist and pledged to end the genocide in Gaza during his acceptance speech.
Speaker 2: Although and I'm sure he's he's probably got some other wacky perspectives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, shit, But yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing that was wild was that there were a bunch of people with rubber chickens that said, like debate RFK because Trump refused to and then so like people were trying to like take the people's rubber chickens in the audience, like the secret service.
Speaker 4: It's just again. It was jokes, pawn jokes.
Speaker 2: Get the chicken, get it, get it out of here. Get the chicken right now, get it out of here. I'm not out of here, you're chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do we think We've talked before about how it would be cool if every person had like a magical word that set them off, like in the back of the future universe where you can call Marty mcflatch. Oh, like that's suitably dumb that that would probably work for Trump, Like call him in the future two is basically about him, So yeah.
Speaker 2: Call him a I don't know what you call him.
Speaker 3: Queen's trash or something like that. I feel, yeah, like something something like that, which is good. So thank you, thank you. I love trash. I never recycle. Fuck you.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Chase Oliver is also for ending qualified immunity.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Mandatory minimum sentencing.
Speaker 1: Uh that scene.
Speaker 4: Come on, come on, man, I don't know I was criminal justice.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see war on immigration. You'll return to an LS style island of a process of yeah. Yeah, anyway, let's let's move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday morning after weekend. We hope everybody had a good long weekend.
Speaker 1: We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 3: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy.
Speaker 1: And we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,