Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yoh, let's go Wednesday CNR on FSR into the Great VP.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Can you believe?
Speaker 2: One week from today it's the night before Thanksgiving?
Speaker 4: What do they call it? The biggest party night of the year? Can you believe? In three days it's my daughter's sweet sixteen party. And I gotta make some sort of dad speech.
Speaker 5: I gotta do.
Speaker 2: I gotta do my own Gettysburg address of sorts.
Speaker 5: I'm a little nervous about that.
Speaker 4: I'm a guy on national radio and for Dan Patrick, and I'm nervous to talk to a bunch of nose picking teenagers. You think you'll cry, Hell, no, Fotos, don't cry, Bro Fatos just kind.
Speaker 5: Of real hard. No, I'm not gonna cry and get out of here. I'm just worried about when he was growing up so fast. So welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: One foot in Dad Life, one foot up your ass every day here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: You like that?
Speaker 4: Hope in for DP the numbers eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox Everything at Covino and Rich. But you can watch what you hear at Covino and Rich FSR. You could interact and get involved. Chop it up with other listeners. Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. Subscribe for free, send it to a friend. Even if it's to make fun of us, We don't care. We just want you to be part of it. Thank you very much, Covino and rich FSR. Now this hour we get you ready for the rest of the day, the rest of the week, the biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture. We do it every Wednesday, turning your hump day into a hump night with mid week major all stories mid week or major.
Speaker 2: We're also gonna figure out what Neppo baby in sports last longer, Shadoor or Bronny. We might debate that I have a theory about my dude polar Red, Pete Alonzo and the importance of keeping your stars.
Speaker 5: Well, we only have one hour.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're over promising, so slow down because we gotta talk lebron We gotta talk Lakers. But a quick phone call first eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox. If you heard Mike's Wednesday Words of Wisdom, he quoted the Gettysburg address. Today's the anniversary November nineteenth, eighteen sixty three. Apparently Eric here is it Eric or Abe Lincoln on the phone?
Speaker 3: What up? Eric?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 6: How's it going? Brother?
Speaker 5: Hey? Everton, Pennsylvania? Does a great Abe Lincoln?
Speaker 3: This is true?
Speaker 5: Is it true? I mean, how do you know? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: From?
Speaker 6: From from all the old from all the old footage we've got?
Speaker 5: But we don't really, But I can't wait to hear this.
Speaker 7: America might have been on like some wax recordings, like really really early stuff. I could be wrong wax or whack wax. Have you ever been to hear is a whack recording?
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to Disneyland and you get to sit there and see Abe Lincoln on the stage? Did you say a Lincoln? All right?
Speaker 5: Now I'm recording on what I didn't hear that?
Speaker 3: What was? It?
Speaker 6: Was recorded once on an old vic trolla record player, the very first record players that they had.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, you're losing my interest quick, so let's do this.
Speaker 6: All right. So four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, time is he just hearing the voice from Bilitize? Excellent adventure? I think he might be dude, I think man, I think that was a reincarnated That was incredible. Daniel de Lewis did a little higher pitch.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Eric, I mean I believe that's what they said, had a higher pitch.
Speaker 5: Well, we have this.
Speaker 4: Belief because he was a was he six foot six?
Speaker 3: You know whose beard is starting to look a Lincoln.
Speaker 5: Like Lebronham James.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Lebronham James definitely got it going for the Gettysburg address. But we have this belief that he had a deep voice. They say he did not, but yeah, speaking of if, what.
Speaker 2: If abe Lincoln had the ability to like change his voice like Tyre's Halliburton where he goes from my badass to like weenie.
Speaker 4: You know, you bring that up as if it's common knowledge. If you've never heard that, that's really weird. It's a really weird thing that he's got going on Halliburton where his voice changes. So let's talk Lebronham James, and thank you Eric. The dude had a no, not three, not four. He had a night.
Speaker 5: He really did.
Speaker 4: It was his return and people are gonna be like, dude, it's the five and nine Jazz relax. They dominated the Jazz one forty one twenty six. I mean he was close at one point, but then they ran away with it. Luca had thirty seven points.
Speaker 5: We know this.
Speaker 4: Reeves had twenty six points eight and had twenty points Lebron James a meager twelve points, still double digits.
Speaker 2: But man, was he dishing the ball? Was he bringing the excitement? Was he bringing the smiles? Why is that important? Because it was noticeable to look like the Lakers were having fun.
Speaker 4: That's the thing, because we were questioning, are they going to be vibing like they're playing good with at him? Is the chemistry going to be there? And he addressed and said, yo, man, why would anyone think otherwise? Why is that even a question. I'll fit in with anybody.
Speaker 5: And if he's able.
Speaker 4: To fit in the way he fit in yesterday, where it's not all about me, Bron, and you're willing to dish it and you're willing to pass and make other ones everyone else shine. He realized that it all doesn't fall on him, and he'll be more well rested and he'll be in better shape coming the end of the season because it's not him doing everything.
Speaker 5: So it looked like a better team as a result.
Speaker 2: The sentiment that Lebron isn't just gonna make the Lakers even better is what's that stuff?
Speaker 5: What's that stuff you wash your junk with in the shower? Hogwash? Hogwash? Its hogwash.
Speaker 4: But we did think rich in all fairness, that it would take a minute and it couldn't look like they.
Speaker 2: Missed a beat yesterday. Can I tell you something, you know, we forget I don't know. I'm so aggravated by this sentiment that like Lebron isn't like a generational speciality, like not even that's a question of was Lebron willing and able to adjust to the new dynamics here where he doesn't have to be the star who's scoring all the time, who's doing everything. He got to rely on his teammates. What we saw is that he trusts his teammates.
Speaker 4: That's what we witnessed yesterday because the dude was dishingant like like Danny g said, Look, Madrid Joneson, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you know how a lot of times are politicians they say it's tough to judge their tenure in office until years later, maybe even decades, where it's hard to really decide in the in the moment, hey.
Speaker 5: Is this working or not?
Speaker 2: And you can say that about any president Trump, Obama, Clinton, Bush. You can't really tell on the spot how they're will have a lasting effect. I think we're gonna look back at Lebron James one day and feel embarrassed about how tough we were on him, Like this is a guy that was constantly compared to M Jay and Kobe and Shack and all these guys from the nineties and two thousands. Lebron James I speak on behalf of everyone and saying we don't appreciate you enough. And I'll say this cove when he plays on like Team USA or it's an All Star weekend. What does every other superstar forget what I say or you say or some dumb jabbroni or buffoon listening or watching right now. Doesn't every one of his peers, from Steph Curry to Luca to Jokich. Doesn't everyone talk about what a great team player he is and how he practices and trains harder than anyone.
Speaker 5: Isn't a sentiment that he's the guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's always been, but again, it's a it's an adjustment. He had to make and he made it, and it looked great yesterday.
Speaker 3: It really did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it look like a solid squad, And as he made his debut in his twenty third season, it was a good reminder to me that you know, we're not gonna have this for much longer, so embrace it. Even if you're a Lebron hater, and there's plenty of him, I get it, he's a polarizing figure. You got to embrace the fact that he's given us twenty three years of greatness, twenty three years of things to talk about, even if it was twenty three years to hate on. It gave you something, man, and I got to respect him for that journey. And if you never took your kid to see Lebron, now's the time. Like all these things were going through my mind when I'm seeing him address the press yesterday and smile about his return and talk about his career. He's at a different level, in a different stage of his life, and we don't got a whole lot more of it, So embrace it why you can. That's what I was reminded of because he even looked a little not physically older to me, but older in the face a little bit something about last night interviews sat differently with me. It was nice to see him smile and having a good time taking it in because even he knows, you could see that, even he knows that, you know, this isn't gonna last forever.
Speaker 2: I might as well have fun doing it, you know, Lebron James, we know it's you know, we're coming towards the end. But remember those statue would see about Tom Brady. I saw the stat that Tom Brady has a total of thirty five playoff wins as an individual quarterback. Tom Brady has won thirty five postseason games. You know, that's more than twenty eight other teams combined, not all combined, but Tom Brady himself has more playoff wins than twenty eight NFL franchises. I saw a stat that Danny g and I guess we both saw this yesterday. When it comes to playoff wins since nineteen ninety six, the Heat have one hundred and sixty one, the Lakers have one hundred and sixty six. The Spurs the team with the most playoff wins since nineteen ninety six with one hundred and seventy five. But you know who's above the Spurs, Lebron James one hundred and eighty four playoff victories in the last thirty years.
Speaker 4: So since ninety six, no team has won more playoff games than Lebron James, not the Spurs, that the Lakers, not anyone. And again that comes with twenty three years of greatness, whether you like him or not.
Speaker 5: And it was cool to see him.
Speaker 4: Just being content and realizing that they're gonna be better if he does sort of take a back seat, not even a back seat, just a different way of playing the game. Again, only scoring eleven points but having twelve assists.
Speaker 5: Maybe the dynamic is just right in La can be never. Yes, it felt right.
Speaker 4: Again, it's just the Jazz. It's just the first game. But it was a great first game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rich, you got to give credit to JJ Reddick because the rotations were great last night. DeAndre Ayton's going to be a big piece of this, and even and Hayes backing him up because what were the Lakers lacking last season? But besides some sharp shooting in the postseason, they obviously were missing size. And that's a narrative you kept hearing all season long. Last year the.
Speaker 5: Eight and had twenty points.
Speaker 3: Dude, Ayton obviously failed at a couple other stops, including the Suns and Blazer fans know what I'm talking about. He's playing with energy. Luca has that effect on Biggs. He's special when it comes to playing with centers. But here's the thing, and I'll be the bad guy. And I was born into a Lakers family, big fan of the team, But I want to see Lebron in this role for an extended period of time. Because after the game, both he and coach Reddick said, yeah, he's just getting his win back. He's getting his legs underneath of him again. So I hope that doesn't mean that Lebron, once he gets to full speed, is going to go force things again and think he needs to score thirty seven points. You know, role play your role that you played last night, because you guys are right, the mix is perfect right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your egos not your I am ego, as the saying goes. And if Lebron's able to put that aside and not worry about being the main scorer, and and and he's okay with Luca and Reeves doing their thing and ating like we said, and he's his value is just different. Now and he's cool with that, and he shrugged just to say, hey, maybe this is the new me. That's what the body language said yesterday. If he's able to stay in that role and not let his ego get the best of them, they could be great this season. Could they beat a young okc Uh, We're gonna have to see that. But you know it looked great last night. You know it's uh, damar, I think about it. Why not let Austin Reeves continue to fly unto the radar, undrafted goofy white guy. No one really is gonna give him that all star status that we talked about, Like Austin Reeves keeps bawling and it's uh, I said before, it's very brock purty ish, even though he was drafted, mister irrelevant, you know, pretty much undrafted, goofy.
Speaker 2: Quiet dude. Let them fly under the radar and be productive. Let them do it and that combo of him. Luca and Danny were saying, Ayton coming up big with Lebron, it's a good team and with the OKAC thunder Yeah, okay. She heavily favored in Vegas to repeat. I think it's fun for the league and fun for fans to see the Lakers be one of those teams that could compete with Okac in the West, with Denver and a few others. But to see the Lakers and Lebron at the end of his career be in the mix.
Speaker 5: It's fun. It's what we want. You don't want to see.
Speaker 2: Do you want to see Lebron end this career the way MJ did with the Wizards being irrelevant?
Speaker 5: No, it was. It was emotional, like I said, it really was.
Speaker 4: It was either that or I was all emotional from watching Selina Ilostinos a family legacy on Netflix.
Speaker 5: Maybe my emotions are already getting the best of me.
Speaker 2: But watching Lebron do his thing at this age, the old guy on the court and embracing the new role and realizing that I could still be impactful and still be a star, Like there's just a different way to be great on the court.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying he didn't know that, but it worked and it was different. You know, it was really great to see. So take your kids, go see Lebron enjoy what might be his you know, last season, we don't know. Listen, he looked at the team looks solid.
Speaker 2: Listen to what Covino just said it's very important, and I don't say that about many things. Cavino says, bring your kids to go see Lebron. There are things I regret. There's things you regret. Never getting to see Nirvana. They very rarely performed on the East Coast back in the day. Not seeing Michael Jordan when he came to your town as a kid, you may have missed out on that. You know, I took my kids to see Show Haltani because I just thought it was important for them to see show Heyltani in person, right, I mean, it's important if you're if you have the ability to show your kids in person, like, yo, there's Aaron Judge.
Speaker 5: Why would we not do these things?
Speaker 2: Like this is this is your this could be your last chance. This is your dad seeing Mickey Mantle play. You know, this is your your This is your mom and dad going to see Bob Gibson pitch like this. This is the modern day. I you know, I got to see Kareem Do It Go. And I know tickets are expensive, but I think it's really worth seeing Lebron because you don't know how much longer this is gonna last.
Speaker 4: So again, the Lakers are eleven and four now six over the five and nine Jazz. Last night an exciting game, that four point play, like you said, just the camaraderie with these guys, you know, it made me think that if he's willing to stay in this role, Danny g like you said, he does have more years left if if he's willing to because he's not gonna be dealing with the wear and tear and exhaustion.
Speaker 3: No, yesterday he was switched out for Luca exactly. Imagine having that at your disposal if you're.
Speaker 2: The coach, dude, If he's willing to accept this role, and again, it's a great role to have, it's just a different game for Lebron.
Speaker 4: Hey, Bud, you're gonna get it. You're gonna get more chances to see this guy. If that's where what he's willing to do, and the funny looked like he was having last night, I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck around a little longer, not to.
Speaker 2: Jump all over the place, not to be house of pain and jump around too much. Great song by the way, Yeah, but you're more like the Pointer sisters. You want to jump, you jump cross, You're not Van Haling. Let me jump for one second, Danny, you said coach Reddick. JJ Reddick couldeen give this guy a mild apology, the same way Dan Campbell.
Speaker 5: Was mocked as the Lion's coach.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're gonna bite their newcaps, okay, the same way Sean Payton within a month was like, this ain't gonna work in Denver now one of the elite teams of the AFC. JJ Reddick was considered a Lebron's buddy. Higher that's true and his podcast partner, Yeah, oh it's his podcast partner, and oh yeah, he's a loudmouth on a you know, first take with Steven A. JJ Redick is proving to be a legitimate, solid NBA coach and maybe you deserve a maybe he deserves a little like, yeah, so are we underestimated you, bud.
Speaker 3: Now, he'll get that if he can lead the team past the thunder, because that's obviously the test here, this chemistry and this fun story and them having fun, it's all for nothing if they can't get past. Okay, see, who are just blowing out teams so far.
Speaker 4: Out because they have that chemistry that the Lakers played with last night. They have that chemistry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they already have it in.
Speaker 4: They have that energy, they have that youth right and that ability. They've proven it. But the Lakers got some some some legends. They've got Luca, they got Lebron. They see need to have the chemistry. Can somebody's younger guys step up, like you said, Danny g somebody's big guys step up. Can Austin Reeves continue to be that that energy in that force that.
Speaker 5: They need.
Speaker 3: Gets some playing time and fit in.
Speaker 2: So I wouldn't count them out. They got some things that okaysee doesn't okay, see might have that youth energy.
Speaker 4: Lakers got legend, they got Luca and Lebron, and and if they could play the way they played last night, it could happen.
Speaker 5: It could happen to catch fire or keep fire going.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can I give you a little, uh, a little fun fact though about this year's Oklahoma City thunder that would discourage any other team in the of the NBA fun fact. You say, huh, let us decide if it's fun or not. It's a mildly fun fact.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to falsely advertise you're not gonna be rolling around like man Rich, you got me again. Okase has the highest point differential.
Speaker 5: Now, I know it's early where we're in the you know.
Speaker 2: First month, but they have the highest point differential per game by any regular season team in NBA history. They're beating teams by an average of fifteen point four to seven points, so their win differential on average, as Danny said, they're smoking teams. It's not like they're you know, I was remember opening that of the NBA. They didn't they win in ot in a very close game?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Since then the first game, wasn't it. Yeah? Yeah, yeah, they beat the Rockets, right, it wasn't the Rockets.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Since then smoking everyone. So don't be shocked if this team just continues to dominate. So we'll come we'll come back with some fun NFL. We're gonna talk about the NFL for the rest of the show. In for Dan Patrick and spot our video guys got his midweek major segment.
Speaker 5: That's where we get.
Speaker 2: Thrown in the loop on some great stories in the world of sports and pop culture that you might have missed, and we let you know are they mid are they major?
Speaker 5: Are they weak?
Speaker 2: So we'll go over all that stuff next, right, here CNR in for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing. We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to.
Speaker 4: And that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for. Yeah, you blubber list name and me.
Speaker 2: Well you know what, it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a Cavino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised. Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out Over Promised. And also uncensored, by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 2: There you go, over promising. Remember you could see it on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen to over Promised with Cavino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. After the Lakers win last night, I did watch Selena Elostino's.
Speaker 4: The new documentary, and I'm not even gonna lie. I'm not gonna say I shed one, but there was one little puss in boots tear welling up right here, and my girlfriend's looking at me. She's like, what's wrong with you? You know what happened? It's nice story. No, man, you don't get it. Selena Elostino's anything for I.
Speaker 2: Have a question for you, being that I'm down in Texas, the home of all the Selena love. Yeah, if there's no Selena, is there no j Lo? And if Selena doesn't tragically get killed, does Jennifer Lopez turn into the Jlo we know today? Is j Lo just the I hate to say it, but is she like the replacement for what would have been Selena?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, And there would be no Latin explosion. There would have been none of that if it wasn't for Selena Elos Dinos.
Speaker 5: And if you don't.
Speaker 4: Believe me, see her in action in the new Netflix documentary Watch It Later.
Speaker 5: You got that. Yeah, it was really great. It was a great watch.
Speaker 4: Somehow her dad has a full head of hair again, he went to Mary's wigs apparently. But her dad's in the documentary. The whole family's in the documentary You Got the Alexa Abraham Alex versus a Ron on HBO Max. There's lots of good stuff to watch and of course enjoy the games. Cavino and Rich in for Dan Patrick live from the Fox Sports Radio studio Riches in Texas. And for over forty years, tyre Rex has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Tire Fast and Free backed by free Road, has protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tirerac dot Com.
Speaker 5: We tire buying should be.
Speaker 4: Now, Rich, we do this every Wednesday on our show Coveno and Rich five to seven on the East.
Speaker 5: I want to get into it now, let's do it Midweek Major come.
Speaker 1: Up, Coveno and Rich get you over the middle of the week when mid Week major major.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: We throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids.
Speaker 6: Say, that's summit.
Speaker 7: We definitely major.
Speaker 1: See it our scoring midweek major.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: That's with the Dan Patrick listeners across the country. As we get you hyped up, you hear the horns. That means you have made it to the middle of the work week. All right. Before we hand things over to the number one and only host to the segment, usually we rolled a two big red love dice in the main studio to see who gets first take. But Rich is in Texas As you might have heard.
Speaker 5: You got Ben Mallers.
Speaker 2: Ass Penny, I do dis continued, not all it'll make him anymore man.
Speaker 3: Abe Lincoln has been a star on the show today.
Speaker 5: Yeah he has.
Speaker 3: All right, So Cavino, you're in the home studio. You get to call heads or tails? Ready to go?
Speaker 5: Abe Lincoln's heads It is a bad Yeah. That means I go first.
Speaker 3: All right in now, what's at the back of it?
Speaker 5: Mary Todd's all right.
Speaker 3: The most famous person besides Judy Bloom from Scotch Plains, New Jersey.
Speaker 5: Give it up for Spotty boy. How are you? Oh wait, where am I there? I am good to see guys.
Speaker 2: Even video guy, what do you got? The mic right in front of your face? You know there's no way easy. It's set up really weird. I don't know how to position it properly. And also at the same time off the side. You guys can watch Himember Caravino and Rich f s are on YouTube.
Speaker 7: All right, all eyes on the on Afanya as the NFL had their first ever game in Madrid on Sunday, as the Dolphins took on the Commanders. But it seems I straight away from the game to the singer of the national anthem facing some backlash for her quote stripper outfit.
Speaker 5: Rich go google it right now.
Speaker 7: Madrid based singer Karina Passion had the honor of singing the national anthem at the game, but her outfit, not her voice, called criticism from fans who saw it as disrespectful. Fans online called to look quote classless. The singer defended her look, saying it was approved by the NFL days before her appearance.
Speaker 5: Her style is a very.
Speaker 7: Like cabaret style, so it showed off a lot of a lot of leg and a lot of chest, and she often uses it, I said. So she apologized for offending anyone, as that was in her intention. She just wanted to enjoy the experience and have a good time. That being said, we all know who she is. So it worked out Midweek Major.
Speaker 5: This is mid I had to look it up, just a double check.
Speaker 4: Look, if we're gonna turn this into an international game, and it is, we have to realize that people have different levels of appropriateness. I guess right overseas and in other places. And this is not crossing any lines whatsoever. And if run by the NFL already I understand the NFL is very family friendly. I don't see any crime here. You see worse walking down the street. There was a story this week from the New.
Speaker 2: York Post at how next level athletic where is getting? Like?
Speaker 5: You could see everything. It's very revealiing.
Speaker 4: You can see all the crevasiers and crevices and lines that you're not supposed to see in public. And you know, if we're seeing that at Whole Foods, and we're seeing that walking down the street and at the gym, seeing a woman dressed up, you know, slightly sexy sing in the national anthem in Spain.
Speaker 5: I think we can handle that. It's yeah, it's bad me out. So this is a mid story.
Speaker 2: This is a week story. Okay, yea rich, I just looked it up. This is like a woman going out, like a date night or something, to a fancy restaurant. What do we what is inappropriate about this? Have you never been to the gym? Have you never been out on Halloween? As Comido said, have you never been to Trader Joe's. You see what people wear nowadays? May have you never been on social media? The national anthem?
Speaker 7: It's kind of the garter belt thing, I think is what probably made people upset. You know, she's got a little strap thing going. Oh I don't get right. It's fine whatever, it's a little.
Speaker 5: A hoologized for it. She had it clear. That's that's the other week part of the story. Oh say, can I see what I like?
Speaker 3: And I like it?
Speaker 2: So listen, weak story, Get over it. I mean again, you see what you go to? Go to a water park and tell me what you say. My goodness, people are inappropriate everywhere. This is mild.
Speaker 7: Next story, All right, water park, you say huh, all right, it's been a lot of people at water.
Speaker 5: Forget what they look like.
Speaker 7: I spent a lot of time the past couple hours talking about Lebron well too, he is in this next story. Notable players will be absent from Team USA's basketball team come twenty twenty eight, as both Lebron and Steph Curry have confirmed they will not participate in the Olympic Games. Odd considering it's right in our backyard, right in Los Angeles, so on his mind the Game podcast that he hosts with Steve Nash, Lebron, when asked, said you know my answer, I'll be watching it from Cabo, Curry commented. Recently, he was asked, god willing, I still have the choice in the physical option to feel like I can actually impact the team. I never say never, but I highly doubt it. Lebron and Curry were both integral in tam USA and twenty twenty four as they both won gold defeating France in Paris, which they both noted, and Lebron of course snagged.
Speaker 5: The MVP honor during that game. Midweek or major.
Speaker 4: Because of the names involved, it's a major story, it is, and we're talking Olympics, but do. I understand undred percent. We just talked about how Lebron's in a different stage of his career. This dude needs to rest. He's earned it. It's fine. He's been there and he's done that. There's no need for him to get out there again. Is it a loss for international fans? Yeah, of course. Do we want to see him out there, Yeah, of course. But time for other people to step up. Steph Curry, same thing. He's thirty seven years old. These dudes need to practice load management any way they can, And if it means dipping out from this, then I'm okay with it because we've seen it before.
Speaker 5: Time for someone else.
Speaker 2: Now this story is major because he's named major, but this is just the way that the NBA and basketball has to usher in these new young stars. Making about the new young stars, what are you gonna do? You're gonna go the well, It's like, you know, there was a point where wrestling was wheeling out old ass wrestlers because you know, they were just living off the nostalgia the late Great Hulkogan. You would have these guys that would make an appearance every so often, like you got to move on to the next generation and you know who got.
Speaker 5: Crap for this.
Speaker 2: Remember Diana Tarassi was taking up a spot for the WNBA and everyone's like, dude, you've been in like eleven All Star Games and it was the Olympics. Like, give a chance to the younger people. How much gold do you need lebron unless he's gonna melt it down and sell it at costco.
Speaker 5: Do you say the like forty one dollars a bar?
Speaker 4: Now, no, you nailed it, rich, Yeah and yeah investing gold, everybody, you nailed. It's a great platform for these other big stars to get recognition to familiar eyes.
Speaker 5: With international fans. So yeah, it's a great move.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 7: All right, soccer legend christianna Ronando, by the way, I have to politics society, politics society because I know how people get beaming after getting a chance to meet President Donald Trump. So just weeks ago, the star said he'd love to meet the president. During an interview with Piers Morgan, he said he's one of the people who can change and help change the world and that's his main objective to meet Trump and talk about world peace.
Speaker 5: Well, you got to do it.
Speaker 7: This week, he was invited to the White House for a black tie dinner for the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad al Salman. Others in attendance included Elon Scappal's Tim Cook. So Ronaldo now plays for the Saudi Pro League, that's why he was invited. Trump spoke about how he got serious cool points with his son, Baron, who's a huge fan of Ronaldo. Trump said, Baron got to meet him, and I think he respects his father a little bit more now, just the fact I introduced you. The White House posted an image of Ronaldo walking with the President with the caption two goats midweek or major.
Speaker 4: If there was some juice to it, it'd be major, But there's really not. So it was kind of cool, so I'll say it's mid. I didn't Trump recently say I don't like good looking people. Did he say that recently? He did say that, So maybe Rinaldo's slipping a little bit. I don't know, but I saw a statue. Yes, it looks bad.
Speaker 2: I don't like how to use the word beaming after seeing Trump, however, you said politics aside.
Speaker 5: Quite frankly, I don't care about your politics. I feel like, if you ever have the chance to meet.
Speaker 2: Any president of our United you take that honor, whether you agree or disagree with him.
Speaker 4: Rich, I've never met a president. I mean, I've seen a president like out in the bount We worked at Series six M and we've seen a few presidents. We've got a chance to meet a president. I think it's an honor. And I imployed Ronaldo for feeling the same.
Speaker 2: I think it's again because there's no real juice to it.
Speaker 5: I'm a Cavino. It's mid, but it is.
Speaker 2: It is cool to see Ronaldo wanted to meet Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: What a wild combination that is.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Donald was more excited to see his beautiful wife Georgina. You know, what better to meet the president than have him call you a piggy?
Speaker 5: I guess right, Quiet, all right, Pagan. As you know, Josh.
Speaker 7: Naylor just signed a new five year, ninety two point five million dollar contract with the Mariners, and Naylor citing one of the key factors in his decision to stay with Seattle.
Speaker 5: And that's the clubhouse. Dog.
Speaker 7: Tucker was traded to the Mariners from the Diamondbacks ahead of the twenty twenty five trade deadline, playing just fifty four games with the Mariners, going on to the postseason, and he said a big part of him feeling right at home, aside from his teammates and fans, was Tucker. He said it created a great vibe in the clubhouse, put him over the edge based on the joy that it brought, and he said, quote, I love that little guy. Nailer promised to continue to give back to the fan base and his teammates, saying that he hopes to bring the franchise of World Series win in the next five years and says that he loves would love to spend the rest of his career in Seattle, raise a family there.
Speaker 3: Midweeker major.
Speaker 4: So when he said he likes to hang with his dog, he actually met the dog. Yeah, he meant the doll talk. I thought he meant like one of his team. No, no, no, he.
Speaker 5: Met the dog. The dog. I think it's so you think he meant cal I thought he met Kaler Rawley. He's big dumber.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's a it's a mid story. Nothing's moving a needle for you today. I mean, it just is.
Speaker 4: It's nothing on you. It's no reflection of the stories out there. Josh Nayler is a good player. Staying with Seattle I don't what more can I say about it? It's because of a dog. I mean I love dogs too.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'll tell you what more you could say about it.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's great, and people love dogs for some reason. I love dogs, but I mean, like people love their pets. So like this is gonna pull the heartstrings of Mariners fans, like.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, and he loves the dog.
Speaker 1: So hey.
Speaker 2: Josh Naylor making himself a fan favorite by saying, I'm I'm quick to sign this contract.
Speaker 5: I want to stay in Seattle. This is my home.
Speaker 2: That's the way to win over fans because something I want to get to before the end of the show is the Mets possibly dropping the ball and letting Pete Alonzo go. And if Josh Nayler is getting five years, remember that number because I wanted to bring it up later when we talk a little baseball before we get out of here. Five years or a guy like Nayler, right, just remember that Josh Nayler. If you look at him, he looks like a Hispanic sort of Pauli d Next time you see him, think Paulie d Oh, yeah, getl baby, cabs are here.
Speaker 5: He looks like a chubby hispanic. All right, guys, it's all I got. Those are my mid stories. Appreciate it. Yeah, so you wrap it up.
Speaker 2: You that's it from midweek Major al right until next week.
Speaker 5: It's the way the cookie. The stories are mid and I am at a thanks guys.
Speaker 4: Spot again at Spots Center and you can see spot. You can see all of us Covino and Rich FSR. Watch we hear Midweek Major. Those are your stories, most of them kind of mid Not gonna lie all right.
Speaker 2: There's a hypothetical and has to do with Shadoor Sanders and sports NEPO babies. I want to touch on real quick before you get out of here. And I thought about Polar Bear, Pee Alonzo and a crucial mistake. I feel like the Mets are bound to make. So we'll get to that and more. Try to squeeze it. A lot of fun. Last hour of the DP show Covino and Retch right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search fr to listen live.
Speaker 4: Man, it got late early and it's been fun Covino and rich in for Dan Patrick watch what you hear Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. Please subscribe for free Covino and Rich FSR. Stay in touch, keep in touch with us and our bonus podcast. Is there over Promised? You can watch over Promised with Coveno and Rich Covino on Rich FSR. We're live in the Fox Sports Radio studios and JLab is the perfect gift this holiday season. Give the gift of sound with the Jbuds party speaker, or the gift of silence because jbudslocks over ear headphones have active noise canceling. Visit JLab dot com use promo code Dan twenty for twenty percent off. Find them at Amazon, or look for that blue box at a retailer near you. That's JLab dot com. I always noticed that blue box. Now for real, I'm like, oh there it is no JLO doubt. And by the way, isn't that what you asked me for the holidays? You want me to just give you the gift of silence, not to talk to Yes, Yes, that's sir, yapsalot, Rich Davis blubber lips Davis. I'm Covino, Danny g Sam Spot. It's the show again five to seven on the East normally Covino and Rich and thanks.
Speaker 2: Again Dan Bayer, Dan Byer, Dan Patrick fans. But props to Dan Byer. He's usually a part of our show as well. He'll be in early this afternoon for us now.
Speaker 3: Rich.
Speaker 5: Props to my.
Speaker 2: Dude Simon, who has been helping me out here in Austin, one of the guys that works for iHeart the head dude here, so.
Speaker 5: Honestly, just good company. I'm here.
Speaker 2: I need someone to talk to during the breaks, you know me, although I can't sit here by myself.
Speaker 4: Oh shout out to all the Gulliots and everyone listening on the iHeart app And yeah, we got a great team Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: So pumped to be a part of it. Now. I've been seeing a lot of memes.
Speaker 4: We were talked a lot about lebron today, but yeah, memes are saying that the NFL version of Bronnie James is Shador Sanders, and as of today it's official.
Speaker 5: I mean we assumed it anyway.
Speaker 2: Shor Sanders is getting his first NFL start this day against Danny G's Raiders, So it's a battle of the You know who sucks more of the two and eight teams. Who's gonna be more asked? Is really the question? Is it gonna be Shador Sanders or Geno Smith. Well, it's a great situation for Shador. I always felt this way in baseball, you know when a picture comes off of a rehab assignment or you know, comes back from Tommy John. I always find it weird when they're like and their first starts against the Dodgers, Like, to me, that's counterproductive. Your first start in the NFL against the Raiders, that's a blessing.
Speaker 5: Imagine your first.
Speaker 2: Start, the first start, we're gonna throw you up against top tier team.
Speaker 5: You don't want that.
Speaker 2: This is a good opportunity for Shaudor to possibly gain some confidence. Well again, he wasn't proud of his last performance four for sixteen, forty seven yards, one interception.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he knew he didn't play well.
Speaker 2: So I agree with you there, Rich, this is a great, great opportunity to turn that around.
Speaker 3: Now, Rich, you're right about the Raiders O line with a lot of injuries. No Colton Miller, no JP J. And that's why that O line leaks like a sieve. So the Browns are going to be licking their chops there, but Shador is going to be chased by Max Crosby. So that's still a good chest.
Speaker 2: Oh we're asking that week welcome to the NFL as Max Crosby drives him into the ground.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that is another.
Speaker 2: Layer of it. But let me ask you this hypothetical. I thought of this, Danny, when you were sending me the clips of Shador and you and I were talking about Bronni and the Lakers of the two Neppo babies that certainly get a lot of crap, and listen, they've got a lot of great opportunities and blessings in their life. They're part of the Sanders family and the James family. But if you were to guess five years from now we're doing the Cavino, On and Rich Show on Fox Sports Radio, still hopefully we're talking it up, talking about everything in sports, are either of these guys still in a professional league in five years.
Speaker 4: As of now, I think Bronnie James has more of that chance. I think we're seeing him get better and better. We haven't had that opportunity to see Shador seniors get better and better yet in the NFL. As of right now, in this moment, five years from now, I believe Bronnie James will be in the league before Shador Sanders. By the way, there's a Bronni James update. He moved out of the house. He moved he finally I thought he was gonna be a stay at home son. You know, there's a new trend called stay at home sons where if you mow the lawn and take out there, you're sort of earning your keep there. You're you're paying your rent by helping around the house. Lebron James announced that he's out. He moved out. But uh yeah, my answer would be Bonnie James hit a nice three yesterday. You could see him building his confidence. That's not to say that the story is written on Shador Sanders.
Speaker 2: I mean it's you could argue that both will still be in their leagues in five years. But I think Bronni could be by then, perhaps an effective bench player, a role player on a team where Shadoor mean listen, he could play himself into a starting job, or you could see him being a guy trying to find himself on a practice squad or a backup quarterbacks pop.
Speaker 3: But up, yes, I was just gonna say Richie could be a serviceable backup.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So with that said, I think both guys, Yeah, while they are quote Nepo babies, you know, you got to earn your keep in professional sports. And I think both guys will, while not stars like their pops, I think both guys could admirably contribute somewhere to a team. So I think both of them we shall maybe not headline talk about, but I think they'll be in the league. Now, Comino, maybe we have to push this till our show tomorrow. But how important do you think it is for a team to keep their star player happy? Because I'm seeing a lot of buzz from New York. Well, you know, we live in LA, but we're New Yorkers at heart. I'm a big Mets fan. There's a lot of buzz that David Stearns, Steve Cohen and company don't really plan on offering Pete Alonzo more than maybe three years, and he wants like five, six or seven I'm sorry, six, seven or six or seven year contract. And if you see a guy like Josh Nayler getting five years, you don't think Pete Alonso would be insulted by a three and immediately be like, yeah, this is over.
Speaker 4: I think he's done everything in his power. I think he's a vigm of just being himself. He's portrayed in a goonish sort of way, sort of a goony, goobrie kind of guy. He's sort of a just a goofy guy. But he still hits bombs and he put up puts up big numbers, and he plays well for your Mets.
Speaker 2: He's only thirty years old. He's a fan favorite. He's thirty years old.
Speaker 4: He's young, he is If Naylor's getting that type of deal, then yes, Alonzo gets that type of deal.
Speaker 5: So that's actually great news for Pete Alonzo.
Speaker 2: You know, you could argue, you could argue that he is the best homegrown Met of all time step beside David Wright. And you're not gonna sign this guy. This is a tragic mistake by the Mets. So maybe we'll touch on that more. And of course she could catch us every day five pm Eastern. Thank you DP, Thank you Dan Ats, and again, love you guys until next time. The baby see you in the promise Land. I'd have a great Wednesday. Let's go enjoy guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you